looking for a new raquet [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

looking for a new raquet

Derk
12-03-2006, 03:42 AM
Hello, I'm starting to enter the intermediate skill and am looking for a new raquet to fit my style of play. I mainly play mid court to net aggressively and usually hit either flat or topspin. What kind of raquet should I be looking for?

Burrow
12-03-2006, 11:50 AM
well I always think the Wilson tour rackets would suit just about anybody like the Wilson Pro Staff Tour 90 or Ncode tour 90/95. The only thing that doubts me is that you are only intermediate sorta level so the head size might trouble you a bit?

Derk
12-03-2006, 06:57 PM
but I want one that fits my needs and will enhanced my style of play

sodman12
12-04-2006, 03:27 PM
yeah dont get a 90 or 95 wilson ncode.

I would look at something like the wilson surge (the bryan brothers use them)
its got a 100inch head and plays good with a lot of power.

If you want something with a smaller head size i would look into getting something like the n tour 95inch head.

But i really dont know enough about how you play to know what raquet you would play with. if i was you i woul demo about 3-4 before i bought.

Give me more info on your game type. do you mis hit a lot. have a lot of action on your serve. Do you know your ntrp level?

Fuego Frío
12-04-2006, 07:43 PM
u want 1 with a lot of control , prince 03 tour , wilson ncode n61 tour or wilson ncode nblade

TennisPusher
12-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Since you are in the US, I would recommend demoing several racquets from Tennis Warehouse. You can demo up to 4 and keep them for a week.

Derk
12-05-2006, 01:09 AM
Yea I was looking around and that prince 03 red is looking pretty dang good.

I play very aggressively; I'm barely on the baseline. But when I am, I hit very heavy top spin and then follow up to the net. I always try to attack, being mid-court to net most of the time. For my serves, my best is a hard flat serve. Then a topspin then slice.