Bye Bye Kings .. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Bye Bye Kings ..

Mr Flamboyant
11-28-2006, 03:13 AM
Barlow out for season
Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 11:39 AM
Sydney Kings

Firepower Sydney Kings forward David Barlow will miss the rest of the 2006/07 Philips Championship NBL season after rupturing the ACL in his right knee at training on Monday.

Preliminary scans revealed the extent of the damage and the 23-year-old will head to Melbourne to have surgery on Wednesday and begin the rehabilitation process.

This is the second time Barlow has damaged his ACL after injuring his left knee in 2001 while training with the Victoria Titans.

“There is no point on dwelling on it, I need to be tough mentally and positive about it. I’ve been playing well, represented Australia at the World Championships this year and I know I can be proud of what I’ve done and now need to focus on the rehabilitation process and being ready to play next year,” said Barlow.

“We’re a real deep team. Things will just keep rolling on and I’m sure everyone will step up a little bit and I know the team will still have a really strong season.”

“I was immediately worried because of his reaction when he went down but the positive out of this is that he is young and will recover well,” said Kings head coach Brian Goorjian.

“The disappointing aspect for David personally is that he has done more work than anyone we’ve got to ensure he had the best year possible and was just settling down into the season and becoming close to our best player.”

Barlow is also likely to miss the Boomers Olympic qualifying series against New Zealand in mid 2007.

“It puts a lot of pressure on a lot of people. We’ve just made a change to get more of an assist guy on the court (trial import, Ed Scott) to get more of our guys into scoring position so this will provide a real big opportunity and more court time for the likes of Mark Worthington, Brad Sheridan and BJ Carter,” said Goorjian.

The injury means Carter will now permanently move into the 10-man roster.

“I’m just really, really disappointed for the kid, I’ve never been around a guy that loves the game any more than he does. He enjoys the work, enjoys the program and his game has really blossomed in the past year or so. It’s disappointing for him, me and the entire Kings organisation but he now needs to focus on next season and being fit to challenge for a position on the Boomers squad for the 2008 Olympics,” said Goorjian.

Tough Break Kings .. :nerner: .. seriously though that's bad luck for a guy who was putting together a really strong season ( was a shoe-in for most improved player in the NBL )

bad gambler
11-28-2006, 03:16 AM
Ed Scott will lead them to the promised land