Gday from Aus... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Gday from Aus...

rod_steel
11-28-2006, 01:43 AM
Been a lurker for a few months now and am hugely impressed at the quality of posters who post here in a variety of sports. There are also some familiar names here from other forums

Some may know me from other forums but thought Id give this one a try as well. I also heard there was some asshat called bad gambler who was actually moderating this forum, say it aint so :unsure: :scared: :devil:

Tennis is not my real strength, tend to focus on Aussie sports like AFL, rah rah, league, nbl but dont mind the odd punt on the tennis. Also like to bet on American sports as well exept hockey which I am clueless in.

Enough rambling from me

Rod :wavey:

Btw, yes I know my name is very PIMPish, but my surname is Steelano as I have Italian roots - lets just say I shortened it to remind me of the occupation I wanted to really pursue when I was young

sports freak
11-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Been a lurker for a few months now and am hugely impressed at the quality of posters who post here in a variety of sports. There are also some familiar names here from other forums

Some may know me from other forums but thought Id give this one a try as well. I also heard there was some asshat called bad gambler who was actually moderating this forum, say it aint so :unsure: :scared: :devil:

Tennis is not my real strength, tend to focus on Aussie sports like AFL, rah rah, league, nbl but dont mind the odd punt on the tennis. Also like to bet on American sports as well exept hockey which I am clueless in.

Enough rambling from me

Rod :wavey:

Btw, yes I know my name is very PIMPish, but my surname is Steelano as I have Italian roots - lets just say I shortened it to remind me of the occupation I wanted to really pursue when I was young

Good luck Rod,welcome to the forum champ :wavey:

bossboss
11-28-2006, 09:14 AM
Welcome rod_steel .. hope you like the forum.. looking forward for your experience ..

i guess we have a big Aussie base here .. and it is growing by the minute

Also welcome "melbourne man" and "1nil" who just jointed recently from Australia

bad gambler
11-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Rodney in the house

dave nz
11-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Welcome aboard Rod

rod_steel
11-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks fellas, lol 3 Aussies and a NZ'er replied, I like this place already

BG - You online these days or in hiding? Hit me up when you're next online. Just to let you all know BG and I were roomies back at first year uni, both degenerates back then and nothing has changed since :devil:

Learned everything I know about gambling from him, not sure if that is a good or bad thing though :help:

$@M
11-29-2006, 12:56 AM
lol, can't see why it's bad... BG is one of the most respectable gambler around here. :yeah:

Welcome aboard, Rod... hope you can find plenty of winners around here. :)

bad gambler
11-29-2006, 01:55 AM

BG - You online these days or in hiding? Hit me up when you're next online. Just to let you all know BG and I were roomies back at first year uni, both degenerates back then and nothing has changed since :devil:

Learned everything I know about gambling from him, not sure if that is a good or bad thing though :help:

I do come online every now and again

Mr Flamboyant
11-29-2006, 02:00 AM

I actually thought for a while you two were one and the same .. "Bad Gambler" on MTF and "rod_steel" on covers.com..! Many a time your plays and reasonings were identical! :lol:

bad gambler
11-29-2006, 02:07 AM
I actually thought for a while you two were one and the same .. "Bad Gambler" on MTF and "rod_steel" on covers.com..! Many a time your plays and reasonings were identical! :lol:

I wouldn't be suprised if he lifted my plays :D

Nah, actually he is right, went to uni together for a while - instead of studying for exams we would mostly cap sports together, so I guess we have similar thought processes when looking at certain matchups etc

Though I didn't know Steel punted on the NBL :scratch:

dave nz
11-29-2006, 05:25 AM
instead of studying for exams we would mostly cap sports

I can relate to that :) :D

Lebowski
11-30-2006, 04:03 AM
I'm riding with Rod if he shows up BJ

rod_steel
12-01-2006, 10:05 PM

BJ?

good_gambler
12-02-2006, 04:20 AM

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I think you mean BG. :o

Lebowski
12-03-2006, 07:50 AM
Most of the time its champ BG but occassionally its BJ (0 for 8 in NFL)