Nbl All-star Game [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nbl All-star Game

Mr Flamboyant
11-24-2006, 05:11 AM
Amazingly the world all-stars have been installed as favourites for this game .. even more amazing is the fact the books actually put out lines for this circus!

World is two point favourites and the total is set at 267.5! :eek: These games are high scoring but I don't know if the guys will be willing to run to that extent .. Most if not all will be minimising their efforts .. half of them would prefer not to have to play!

sports freak
11-24-2006, 05:45 AM
Amazingly the world all-stars have been installed as favourites for this game .. even more amazing is the fact the books actually put out lines for this circus!

World is two point favourites and the total is set at 267.5! :eek: These games are high scoring but I don't know if the guys will be willing to run to that extent .. Most if not all will be minimising their efforts .. half of them would prefer not to have to play!

:eek: amazing alright after last yrs results,didnt the World team get taken to the cleaners,p.s saw Powell last nite for the New Zealand team dont see why people are baggin the guy,he gets alot of the ball cause he earns it,he seems to be their go to man anyway!!!

xcrap
11-24-2006, 12:34 PM
i dont really follow the basketball but from where do these world players consist of? NBA? :)

Mr Flamboyant
11-24-2006, 12:38 PM
i dont really follow the basketball but from where do these world players consist of? NBA? :)

They're the imports who play in the NBL .. all of whom are American (besides Dave Thomas but I don't know if he's playing this year?)

Ays25
11-24-2006, 04:03 PM
lol for a moment i thought it was NBA all star game..

bad gambler
11-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Aussie All-Stars Starters
Chris Anstey – Melbourne Tigers - Centre
Joe Ingles – South Dragons – Small Forward
Sam MacKinnon – Brisbane Bullets – Power Forward
Darryl McDonald – Melbourne Tigers – Point Guard
Brad Newley – Townsville Crocodiles – Shooting Guard

Aussie All-Stars Reserves
Ben Pepper – New Zealand Breakers
CJ Bruton – Brisbane Bullets
Tony Ronaldson – Perth Wildcats
Paul Rogers – Perth Wildcats
Martin Cattalini – Cairns Taipans

World All-Stars Starters
Larry Abney – Townsville Crocodiles - Centre
Rashad Tucker – Melbourne Tigers – Small Forward
Shawn Redhage – Perth Wildcats – Power Forward
Cortez Groves – Wollongong Hawks – Point Guard
Willie Farley – Adelaide 36ers - Shooting Guard

World All-Stars Reserves
Nick Horvath – Adelaide 36ers
Carlos Powell – New Zealand Breakers
Mike Helms – Singapore Slingers
Dave Thomas – Melbourne Tigers
Kevin Owens – Cairns Taipans

This is the first time I am looking at the respective lineups. I see the line being -/+ 1.5 in favour of the Aussie All Stars

I know where my money is going :confused:

SwiSha
11-24-2006, 08:55 PM
how is Catallini on the reserve scoring 30 a game

bad gambler
11-24-2006, 09:05 PM

Similar to the NBA All star game this is done by public vote, so the best players of the season to date may not necessarily get a starting position.

In the American team, Powell has been head and shoulders the best import yet finds himself on the bench as well :shrug:

SwiSha
11-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Similar to the NBA All star game this is done by public vote, so the best players of the season to date may not necessarily get a starting position.

In the American team, Powell has been head and shoulders the best import yet finds himself on the bench as well :shrug:

never really was a fan of this pulic voting..

sports freak
11-24-2006, 10:50 PM
They're the imports who play in the NBL .. all of whom are American (besides Dave Thomas but I don't know if he's playing this year?)

:confused: he wants Revenge this yr from Anstey n Co baggin him in previous yrs!!

sports freak
11-24-2006, 10:53 PM

Friggin Resverve bench looks better then the Starters :rolleyes:

good_gambler
11-25-2006, 01:50 AM
This game is mainly for the fans regardless of what the players say.

That's the only reason a player like Joe Ingles is starting ahead of Cattalini.

And why is Ebi Ere not playing? :retard:

sports freak
11-25-2006, 02:06 AM
This game is mainly for the fans regardless of what the players say.

That's the only reason a player like Joe Ingles is starting ahead of Cattalini.

And why is Ebi Ere not playing? :retard:

You have a soft spot for that guy GG,:) a few times you mentioned him now!!There;s a handful of guys who would thought to be unlucky but thats the way it goes!!somebody gotta miss out!!

bossboss
11-25-2006, 03:10 AM
2 small bets for night:

Under 270.5 @1.9
C.Powell 26 points and over 2.25

What time the game starts ?

sports freak
11-25-2006, 03:18 AM
2 small bets for night:

Under 270.5 @1.9
C.Powell 26 points and over 2.25

What time the game starts ?

Powell is definetely VALUE!!!

bad gambler
11-25-2006, 05:29 AM
Aussies to beat World - $1.85

gl

Mr Flamboyant
11-25-2006, 07:01 AM

gl

You going small on that given that this is basketball's version of WWF wrestling ..??

bossboss
11-25-2006, 08:35 AM
From Sportal.com.au

Aussie All Stars 34 Newley 10
World All Stars 34 Abney 8
Quarter time - Defence is a lost treasure in the first quarter as both teams go back and forth in a dunking feast. The Aussies end the 1st period on a 11-0 run.

bossboss
11-25-2006, 08:59 AM
HT

Aussie All Stars 68 Anstey 12, Newley 12, Pepper 11,
World All Stars 72 Abney 16, Farley 11

bossboss
11-25-2006, 09:34 AM
end 3rd Q

Aussie All Stars 94 Anstey 17, Newley 19, Pepper 15, Mackinnon 12
World All Stars 102 Farley 19, Abney 16, Helms 13

bossboss
11-25-2006, 10:12 AM
"Aussie All Stars 133 Anstey 30, Newley 29
World All Stars 136 Farley 25, Tucker 21
The World All-Stars hold off a fast finishing Aussie outfit to win the NBL All-Star Game. Rashard Tucker of the Melbourne Tigers representing the World All-Stars was named game MVP."

My under 270.5 hits by a point and a half .. Where is Powell?

bad gambler
11-25-2006, 11:06 AM

gl

lost

Just going by the boxscores since I missed the game, looks like another crazy game and finish

sparkus8
11-25-2006, 08:07 PM
lost

Just going by the boxscores since I missed the game, looks like another crazy game and finish

Yeah it was an exciting finish. Aussies clawed their way back from a double digit deficit and Anstey had an open three to send the game to OT but missed it. Between that finish and the end to the league I think I must nearly have a full head of grey hair :eek:

bad gambler
11-25-2006, 08:22 PM
Yeah it was an exciting finish. Aussies clawed their way back from a double digit deficit and Anstey had an open three to send the game to OT but missed it. Between that finish and the end to the league I think I must nearly have a full head of grey hair :eek:

lol I know what you mean - I was out at the SFS last night and there was a time I thought we would lose

NZ with Benji and SBW to come into that team is going to be one hell of a team :eek:

sports freak
11-25-2006, 11:02 PM
lol I know what you mean - I was out at the SFS last night and there was a time I thought we would lose

NZ with Benji and SBW to come into that team is going to be one hell of a team :eek:

Agree on NZ :scared: :bolt: