Do you think Nadal has improved his serve seriously? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Do you think Nadal has improved his serve seriously?

lshdure
11-23-2006, 08:09 AM
People say that Nadal improved his serve since Wiby 2006. But his serve in TMC 2006 seemed to be still weak. What do you think, guys? If so, in which sense do you think his serve is better than before?

Moni15
11-23-2006, 08:23 AM
His serve is probably better now, I believe he needs to do more with it, too many second serves on offer when he is playing..... :(

Andy murray is another one who makes me cringe whenever he is serving :eek:

Myrre
11-23-2006, 08:34 AM
IMHO I don't think his service action looks like it can ever be developed into a great serve. Looks a bit cramped and not opening his shoulders enough.

scarecrows
11-23-2006, 10:17 AM
People say that Nadal improved his serve since Wiby 2006. But his serve in TMC 2006 seemed to be still weak. What do you think, guys? If so, in which sense do you think his serve is better than before?

not since WImbly but way before Wimbly

at Wimbledon was easier to see his improvements because of the surface.

but I noticed a drop in effectivity of his serve in the last tournaments

Loremaster
11-23-2006, 10:55 AM
He is learning a new service motion, we hadn't seen it in TMC because he was injured a little bit and was serving below his possibilities

jazar
11-23-2006, 02:53 PM
it hasnt improved that much, maybe a little. there are still quite a few things that he could do to improve it, such as hit it flatter. i've nver seen him hit anything near a flat serve. and cos of his ball toss and the fact he kicks every serve he kinda falls away to the right all the time

World Beater
11-23-2006, 03:47 PM
since 2005, his serve certainly improved...for all the crap that people say about nadal's serve, not many people can attack it.

R.Federer
11-23-2006, 03:55 PM
It was never a bad serve. He got the point into play most of the time although he didn't win the free points with it. Then again on clay most people don't get free points off the serve and that's what he played most number of matches on so it was never a liability.

megadeth
11-23-2006, 04:30 PM
they say that it's best to stagger your racket holding arm after you toss the ball. i noticed that nadal has both arms moving in unison during his movement.

best example for this staggered service motion: pistol pete and steffi graf

Rogiman
11-23-2006, 04:52 PM
The funny thing is that if he actually learnt to serve properly Fed would have a much easier time when facing him..

R.Federer
11-23-2006, 04:53 PM
they say that it's best to stagger your racket holding arm after you toss the ball. i noticed that nadal has both arms moving in unison during his movement.

best example for this staggered service motion: pistol pete and steffi graf
I will pay closer attention to that
The thing is that with these movements that you develop at a very early age, and play with for so long, it takes a very long time to adapt to a new style. Especially if in the interim you lose matches etc while trying the new movement out. I guess he is not going to change anything remarkably.

atheneglaukopis
11-23-2006, 04:54 PM
The funny thing is that if he actually learnt to serve properly Fed would have a much easier time when facing him..:lol: You're right.