Raul to Rafa! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Raul to Rafa!

FluffyYellowBall
11-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Hey I found this on rafas forum, posted by Moondancer (thanks)
I just thought its nice to read. It put a smile on my face when i read it:D

She found this paragraph in a blog written by the Mark Hodgkinson who writes for The Telegraph:
Quote:
It was the second day in a row that Beckham, clearly a huge tennis fan, had come to the Madrid Masters. I chatted with Beckham for a few minutes in the players’ lounge on Wednesday night, and he was obviously very knowledgeable about the sport and spoke of his admiration for Murray, Henman, Nadal and Roger Federer.

Beckham was also very polite. His manners could not be faulted. Beckham was not the only Real Madrid player to show a real interest in tennis this week.

Raul, the team’s striker, provided an interesting take on the rivalry between Federer and Nadal. Raul presented Nadal with a signed shirt, writing on the back: “To my dear friend Rafa, the number one on Earth.”

Nadal, although pleased with the gift, took Raul up on this. “But,” Nadal said, “I’m not the number one, I’m the number two.” But Raul had a response to that: “You are the number one on Earth. Federer is from a different planet - he’s a Martian.”

Alexiana
11-22-2006, 03:48 PM
that's a really cute comment:angel:

JustmeUK
11-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Funny.. but even if it's in a blog I have to question it's veracity :). It sounds too cute! Still it makes for a good story.

R.Federer
11-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Finally, a compliment to RoFa that both Rafa's fans and Roger's fans can be happy with.

cmurray
11-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Finally, a compliment to RoFa that both Rafa's fans and Roger's fans can be happy with.

agreed. It's a cute thing to say all the way around.

Breakdown
11-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Why does Beckham admire Henman, just 'cos they are compatriots?:eek:

FluffyYellowBall
11-22-2006, 05:17 PM
Why does Beckham admire Henman, just 'cos they are compatriots?:eek:

Beckam is a complete idiot. Hes not even a tennis fan. He was sitting in the row in front of me last year and all he was doing is moving his head righ nd left with the ball. I could just tell he didnt appreciate some shots that "normal" tennis fans appreciate.:angel:Oh, let me also mention that he was wearing an ice cap in an indoor stadium

cmurray
11-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Beckam is a complete idiot. Hes not even a tennis fan. He was sitting in the row in front of me last year and all he was doing is moving his head righ nd left with the ball. I could just tell he didnt appreciate some shots that "normal" tennis fans appreciate.:angel:Oh, let me also mention that he was wearing an ice cap in an indoor stadium

Beckham isn't an idiot, he's an egotistical attention hog - which is even worse than just being an idiot.................

Breakdown
11-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Beckam is a complete idiot.

So is his wife.:devil:
Their kids are too cute though.

JustmeUK
11-22-2006, 05:26 PM
Beckam is a complete idiot.

Have you seen how he manipulates the media? He is anything BUT an idiot. He's a lot of things but one thing that stands out is that very savvy head on his shoulders.

cmurray
11-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Have you seen how he manipulates the media? He is anything BUT and idiot. He's a lot of things but one thing he that stands out is that very savvy head on his shoulders.

My God. We just agreed on something! :lol:

MisterQ
11-22-2006, 05:40 PM
A true Martian would be superlative on the red clay. ;) :silly:

JustmeUK
11-22-2006, 05:41 PM
yes :-p but next time allow me a chance to edit my inevitable grammar and typing errors before quoting me!

R.Federer
11-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Beckham isn't an idiot, he's an egotistical attention hog - which is even worse than just being an idiot.................

That's Victoria Beckham and she's made him into this hair-gelling, vest-wearing prep school kid that he never was

cmurray
11-22-2006, 05:49 PM
yes :-p but next time allow me a chance to edit my inevitable grammar and typing errors before quoting me!

sorry. :p

FluffyYellowBall
11-22-2006, 05:49 PM
No one ever agrees with anyone on MTF and the :retard: smiley is used a lot but im sure we all agree that a tennis fan will always be smarter than a beckam fan:p

JustmeUK
11-22-2006, 05:52 PM
No one ever agrees with anyone on MTF and the :retard: smiley is used a lot but im sure we all agree that a tennis fan will always be smarter than a beckam fan:p

you can make that any England footie fan :P

cmurray
11-22-2006, 05:53 PM
That's Victoria Beckham and she's made him into this hair-gelling, vest-wearing prep school kid that he never was

You mean there was a time when he actually cared about football? :eek:

jk. He's a grown man - you can't blame his wife for his choices. I doubt she said, "David, if you don't put this gel in your hair RIGHT NOW, I'm never going to have sex with you again. And.... GODDAMN IT, stop looking at the nanny!"

well, on second thought, maybe...............

Jim Courier
11-22-2006, 06:07 PM
He he good one

MariaV
11-23-2006, 07:09 AM

:haha: :haha: Mr Q strikes again.

▄︻┻┳═
11-23-2006, 07:48 AM
Beckham sucks and Guti rocks

Moni15
11-23-2006, 08:19 AM
Hey I found this on rafas forum, posted by Moondancer (thanks)
IRaul, the team’s striker, provided an interesting take on the rivalry between Federer and Nadal. Raul presented Nadal with a signed shirt, writing on the back: “To my dear friend Rafa, the number one on Earth.”

Nadal, although pleased with the gift, took Raul up on this. “But,” Nadal said, “I’m not the number one, I’m the number two.” But Raul had a response to that: “You are the number one on Earth. Federer is from a different planet - he’s a Martian.” [/I]

hmmm interesting...my first take on the comment before reading further, was that he mearnt that Nadal is best one on earth as in clay!!! never thought federer was martian ;)

Sunset of Age
11-23-2006, 04:26 PM

Horrible woman. I conclude Beckham's into insects. :devil:

payrol
11-24-2006, 01:18 AM

it was in Madrid last year right? he was with his wife Victoria...the media made a big fuss about it...noticed he was alone this year at the Madrid Masters..

anyway...great article....Federer's a martian..thats funny...

Horrible woman. I conclude Beckham's into insects. :devil:

i used to fancy her during the spice girls days..back then..she's not the walking skeleton as is she is now....i would like to invite her to dinner though...a big fat oily.calorie dinner..hahaha

Johnny Groove
11-24-2006, 01:22 AM
how did beckham get into this? i thought it was Rofa and Raul :lol:

MariaV
11-24-2006, 08:01 AM
I don't know David Beckham personally so I can only say he is a really talented
football player and he must like tennis a lot as he was at the Madrid tourney for 2 days this year again and he sat through the whole Rafa vs Haas match and Murray vs Djoker after that.

Tess Gray
01-13-2007, 03:17 PM
I don't know David Beckham personally so I can only say he is a really talented
football player and he must like tennis a lot as he was at the Madrid tourney for 2 days this year again and he sat through the whole Rafa vs Haas match and Murray vs Djoker after that.

No offence but he's not that good of a football player anymore.. :o I'm sure he was, but today he's only interested in fashion and media ...