Suicide Rules Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Suicide Rules Thread

superhoops
11-21-2006, 06:22 PM
Post things that you think should be up for discussion as rules and we can do polls or have a meeting to decide the rules.

2 things that i personally feel should be discussed are that:

1) To save the time of managers and stop potential late picks is to set a time that all picks must be in by on each day. This could potentially be up to the manager to decide to allow late picks if the match hasn't been played or to make a deadline. Your opinions on this please.

2) The format for Round Robin matches. Opinions & suggestions please.

Any other topics you think need to be brought up. This is only a couple of things to start off with but rules need to be made before the new year.

ExcaliburII
11-25-2006, 09:07 PM
1) I think the only deadline should be the start of each match.
2) 1 per each day still in round robin.

yemok
11-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Post things that you think should be up for discussion as rules and we can do polls or have a meeting to decide the rules.

2 things that i personally feel should be discussed are that:

1) To save the time of managers and stop potential late picks is to set a time that all picks must be in by on each day. This could potentially be up to the manager to decide to allow late picks if the match hasn't been played or to make a deadline. Your opinions on this please.

2) The format for Round Robin matches. Opinions & suggestions please.

Any other topics you think need to be brought up. This is only a couple of things to start off with but rules need to be made before the new year.

1) I think the deadline for the day-picks have to be the start of the first match, so we can avoid posts and doubts like 'hey, this was a late pick!!!' , 'no, it was on time!' etc. If they are supporters of both ideas - deadline @ the start of each match and deadline @ the start of the day we can create a poll to decide. For sure this must be а clear decision and to be applied to EVERY tournament, because if it's up to the concrete manager they'll be a lot of misunderstandings all the time

2) The only Round Robin tournament in the year have to be the Masters Cup in my opinion. The RR-format is very complicated for Suicide Tennis, and in fact every week when such a tourney is to be held there is at least one (or two) more tournaments using the traditional format.

In connection with this I wanna put another question for discussion: How many players have to play in final tournament of the year (TMC)? I think they should be the best 8 or 16, because if everyone can play, this tournament will be nothing special, so let only the best with the most constant results the whole year play - that's why this tournament is called 'Masters Cup' :)

:wavey:

superhoops
11-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Top 8 only for TMC. I don't think we should set up a poll for the start time for matches as i feel a lot of people would rather before a particalr match starts but its a lot harder for managers if it is like that so stick to before the start of the day's play for me.

yemok
11-28-2006, 07:05 AM
Top 8 only for TMC. I don't think we should set up a poll for the start time for matches as i feel a lot of people would rather before a particalr match starts but its a lot harder for managers if it is like that so stick to before the start of the day's play for me.

Maybe it's better 16 players for the TMC (like PAW), because if only 8 start, the suicide-tourney could end very easily on day 2 or 3 :)

Regenbogen
11-28-2006, 07:42 AM
I like 16 for the TMC, definitely.

But the idea of picking before the start of any play is really bad if you are sleeping from before the OOP comes out until after play starts...which I do :help:

superhoops
11-28-2006, 04:28 PM
I like 16 for the TMC, definitely.

But the idea of picking before the start of any play is really bad if you are sleeping from before the OOP comes out until after play starts...which I do :help:

you must sleep a long time then.

In my Tournaments i wouldn't run it unless that is the rule because i hate cheaters and anyone whoo tries to cheat.

johnnyCanuck
11-29-2006, 03:34 AM
I like the idea of making picks before the start of the days play. It makes the managers lives easier, and it reduces cheating.

I also like the idea of eliminating all RR tournaments (except for the TMC).

Personally, I think the TMC should be 16 players, but either 8 or 16 is okay for me, as long as it's not everyone :)

superhoops
11-29-2006, 05:08 PM
I like the idea of making picks before the start of the days play. It makes the managers lives easier, and it reduces cheating.

I also like the idea of eliminating all RR tournaments (except for the TMC).

Personally, I think the TMC should be 16 players, but either 8 or 16 is okay for me, as long as it's not everyone :)
Actually i agree top 16 as well.

I also think a Suicide Board should be set up to deal with disputes and be comprised of managers with a maximum of 5 members.

The board make-up could be:

me,
yemok,
johnnyCanuck,
ExclaiburII and
shootingstar

what do you guys think?

yemok
11-30-2006, 10:55 AM

I also think a Suicide Board should be set up to deal with disputes and be comprised of managers with a maximum of 5 members.

me,
yemok,
johnnyCanuck,
ExclaiburII and
shootingstar

what do you guys think?

that's fine by me (of course this may change during 2007).
And I think we cleared up the question about TMC - 16 players enter the final tournament of the year

ExcaliburII
12-01-2006, 12:50 PM
i dont get something. At RR torunaments each one gets to choose one player per day as normal?

yemok
12-01-2006, 02:19 PM
i dont get something. At RR torunaments each one gets to choose one player per day as normal?

No, it's much more comlpicated, that's why the only RR-tournament will be the Masters Cup in Shanghai

ExcaliburII
12-01-2006, 02:33 PM
No, it's much more comlpicated, that's why the only RR-tournament will be the Masters Cup in Shanghai

I think its not more complicated. 1 choice per day, 7 days, as usual.

yemok
12-01-2006, 06:37 PM
I think its not more complicated. 1 choice per day, 7 days, as usual.

it's not as usual, the draw size is decreased for these tournaments, 24 & 32 players, not the usual 32/64

johnnyCanuck
12-01-2006, 07:07 PM

me,
yemok,
johnnyCanuck,
ExclaiburII and
shootingstar

what do you guys think?

Sounds like a good idea to me

ExcaliburII
12-01-2006, 09:26 PM
it's not as usual, the draw size is decreased for these tournaments, 24 & 32 players, not the usual 32/64

I would like to try it at least once. Sry for the insistance but I think it is necesry.

superhoops
12-01-2006, 09:56 PM
I don't see why it can not be tried. One pick per day also sounds ok as they were be 8 groups so the winner of each group all won't go through the semis and finals so we might as well try it.

yemok
12-02-2006, 05:16 AM
I don't see why it can not be tried. One pick per day also sounds ok as they were be 8 groups so the winner of each group all won't go through the semis and finals so we might as well try it.

okey, let's try and see :wavey:

Peta Pan
12-29-2006, 09:34 AM
Ok, sorry I didn't really know where to ask this... but there hasn't been vCash rewards for Suicide tennis in AGES and now there seems to be in Doha and it's not mentioned in Chennai... any reason for this? I've just changed my commitment from Doha to Chennai but I'm thinking it would be much nicer to be playing for the vCash.

superhoops
12-30-2006, 01:21 PM
We will ask a mod amount this. To be honest i presumed there would be a vcash reward but yemok might need to ask a mod about this. If not it will be just the ranking points.

Peta Pan
12-30-2006, 11:59 PM
Ok, but there has been no vcash reward for it since it was first started by Tangy over a year ago. I wasn't really expecting it which is why I was suprised when I saw it in the initial post.

Belco is the one in charge of the vcash

superhoops
12-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Ive messaged Belco.

superhoops
01-04-2007, 09:51 PM
nO VCASH REWARD SORRY.

johnnyCanuck
01-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Hey everyone...not sure if this is the place for it, but here it goes....

I noticed with the results from Sydney that we don't have a way for creating a true "winner". With the current system, all players tied at the end of the tournament are simply left as equals (not that there's anything wrong with that at all). I was wondering if we should adopt some sort of tie-breaking system so that, at the end of the tournament 1 person can be called the winner, and we can have a winner for every event (even if the last player drops out on, say, day 5).

I know on the WTA board, in case of a tie, they count the games lost by all the people's picks, and the person with the lowest number of games lost is the winner, the 2nd lowest is the runner up, and the next 2 are semifinalists etc...

Just a thought. Let me know what you think/feel free to open a discussion on this or ignore it if you choose :P

yemok
01-20-2007, 12:44 AM
Hey everyone...not sure if this is the place for it, but here it goes....

I noticed with the results from Sydney that we don't have a way for creating a true "winner". With the current system, all players tied at the end of the tournament are simply left as equals (not that there's anything wrong with that at all). I was wondering if we should adopt some sort of tie-breaking system so that, at the end of the tournament 1 person can be called the winner, and we can have a winner for every event (even if the last player drops out on, say, day 5).

I know on the WTA board, in case of a tie, they count the games lost by all the people's picks, and the person with the lowest number of games lost is the winner, the 2nd lowest is the runner up, and the next 2 are semifinalists etc...

Just a thought. Let me know what you think/feel free to open a discussion on this or ignore it if you choose :P

I think we don't need so badly 'a true winner', in the suicide game you play not against the other players, you don't fight for more points, don't need to be 0,134 seconds quicker than the others, you don't have to compare with someone, you just need to survive as long as you can. Unfortunately the different variations are not too many, but the alternative - someone not to be a winner just because his day-2-pick had a tough 7:6 3:6 6:4 victory instead of 6:4 6:3... mm I think that wouldn't be too fair and too reasonable. We don't need to give such a power to the pure luck or conjunction of circumstances
(my opinion)
:Q

superhoops
01-20-2007, 08:56 AM
I think we don't need so badly 'a true winner', in the suicide game you play not against the other players, you don't fight for more points, don't need to be 0,134 seconds quicker than the others, you don't have to compare with someone, you just need to survive as long as you can. Unfortunately the different variations are not too many, but the alternative - someone not to be a winner just because his day-2-pick had a tough 7:6 3:6 6:4 victory instead of 6:4 6:3... mm I think that wouldn't be too fair and too reasonable. We don't need to give such a power to the pure luck or conjunction of circumstances
(my opinion)
:Q

I also think it should stay as it is.

superhoops
01-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Guys what happens as far as Back Ups. if the match isn't played and they didn't pikc a back up I think they should be out as others had to pick a player as back up they might wanted to have saved until another round where as the ones who didn't pick a back-up get to save the player they might have chose.

It also means there is no point in choosing a back-up if you can choose a player for the next day and if your original pick wins you can use your next days pick to carry on?

Peta Pan
01-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Wait. In any other suicide games in the past it's always carried over from the day before.. the back up has always only been in the case of a walkover. I thought that was still the case... coz what if someones pick AND back up both didn't play today. It would hardly be fair to kick them out then :scratch:

superhoops
01-20-2007, 12:39 PM
Well see what the others say.

superhoops
01-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Sorry i was wrong:

Only in the case of a walkover, or a withdrawal, each player is allowed to have a back-up pick, selected at the same time as their initial pick. That back-up pick will only be used in the occurence of a walkover or withdrawal, as stated above.

Björki
01-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Wait. In any other suicide games in the past it's always carried over from the day before.. the back up has always only been in the case of a walkover. I thought that was still the case... coz what if someones pick AND back up both didn't play today. It would hardly be fair to kick them out then :scratch:
it would be very strange to be out!!! it's not your fault.

Deathless Mortal
02-13-2007, 05:44 PM
It's stupid we don't have a rule about late picks... Manager can decide? It's silly. I lost because manager accepts only picks before start of play for the first match...

ExcaliburII
02-13-2007, 06:47 PM
It's stupid we don't have a rule about late picks... Manager can decide? It's silly. I lost because manager accepts only picks before start of play for the first match...

In my tournaments I specified that picks are allowed until before each match. I think it should have to be up to each manager but included in the rules.

Björki
02-13-2007, 07:44 PM

every tourney should have the same rules. IMHO.

Regenbogen
02-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Well both yemok and I thought it WAS decided that picks should be made before the start of the day's play, always. This came up at I think Zagreb. The manager there started doing it that way.

I didn't think this was still an issue :help:

superhoops
02-13-2007, 08:08 PM
I prefer at the start of the tournament.

yemok
02-14-2007, 08:47 AM
In my tournaments I specified that picks are allowed until before each match. I think it should have to be up to each manager but included in the rules.

every tourney should have the same rules. IMHO.

YES, the rules have to be (and are) the same for every tournament, and namely - every pick have to be made BEFORE THE START OF THE FIRST MATCH EACH DAY!
ExcaliburII, please stick to the rules, otherwise it'll be very confusing if we have different rules every week, don't you agree?!?

Well both yemok and I thought it WAS decided that picks should be made before the start of the day's play, always. This came up at I think Zagreb. The manager there started doing it that way.

I didn't think this was still an issue :help:

yes, it's not an issue, just a few people are still not familiar with what's goin on :wavey: almost everybody is used to it, rarely some posts a late pick...
for sure your job is perfect though :cool:

I prefer at the start of the tournament.

tournament? :lol:

Deathless Mortal
02-14-2007, 12:02 PM
YES, the rules have to be (and are) the same for every tournament, and namely - every pick have to be made BEFORE THE START OF THE FIRST MATCH EACH DAY!

Since when? Sorry if i'm stupid but in Zagreb manager did accept the "late picks", so it's not that weird i'm not familiar with rules if it's a new rule or even managers don't know about it...

yemok
02-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Since when? Sorry if i'm stupid but in Zagreb manager did accept the "late picks", so it's not that weird i'm not familiar with rules if it's a new rule or even managers don't know about it...

Since Australian Open, in Zagreb the manager accepted 'late picks' because he didn't knew we'll accept only picks before the first match started. that's why he gave 2 days (till wednesday) so everybody can used to it.

don't tell me that the managers couldn't miss something! that happens even in Tennis Tipping and PAW all the time!
sorry but you have to read the first post of every tournament if you want to know 'what, how and when', this post is written exactly because of this reason - to check what's the status & the rules of the tournament. shootingstar wrote very clearly 'picks only before the start of each day'

you say 'it's zagreb was allowed', but even if you couldn't follow the tournament in Zagreb to the end and didn't know that 'late picks' were accepted only until wednesday, you have to know that @ AO no 'late picks' were accepted, so you MUST check what's the current situation...
from now on I hope you'll remember the rule

I'm really sorry but your going out is not because of the manager in Marseille

ExcaliburII
02-14-2007, 12:25 PM
I could stick to the rules, but...
Whats the problem about accepting late picks? To much work for the manager? I can handle it.

yemok
02-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Whats the problem about accepting late picks? To much work for the manager? I can handle it.

everybody can handle it, but:

1) it'll be confusing for the players with different rules every week
2) for sure we'll have 'late picks' in the tournaments where they are not allowed, and this will cause troubles
3) we'll have a 'my pick was before the match started'-problem. if a pick is late it's very hard to prove if the match is not the first one played on that day

yemok
02-14-2007, 01:00 PM
that's why we must accept same rules for every tournament

ExcaliburII
02-14-2007, 01:15 PM
okay I dont like it but I accept it.

Deathless Mortal
02-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Since Australian Open, in Zagreb the manager accepted 'late picks' because he didn't knew we'll accept only picks before the first match started. that's why he gave 2 days (till wednesday) so everybody can used to it.

don't tell me that the managers couldn't miss something! that happens even in Tennis Tipping and PAW all the time!
sorry but you have to read the first post of every tournament if you want to know 'what, how and when', this post is written exactly because of this reason - to check what's the status & the rules of the tournament. shootingstar wrote very clearly 'picks only before the start of each day'

you say 'it's zagreb was allowed', but even if you couldn't follow the tournament in Zagreb to the end and didn't know that 'late picks' were accepted only until wednesday, you have to know that @ AO no 'late picks' were accepted, so you MUST check what's the current situation...
from now on I hope you'll remember the rule

I'm really sorry but your going out is not because of the manager in Marseille

Yeah, it's not manager's fault, it's Monfils's fault :haha:
He lost anyway..

And yeah, i didn't read the rules, because i remembered that case in Zagreb where it was allowed, and i thought it's a rule.
And i admit, it is my fault, cause i should have read the rules...
But i still think that rule sucks 'cause some players can't post a pick in the evening when OOP comes out, and can't send it in the morning.

yemok
02-14-2007, 02:20 PM
But i still think that rule sucks 'cause some players can't post a pick in the evening when OOP comes out, and can't send it in the morning.

ahoehoieahoiea
the same situation is in the Tennis Tipping, yeah? but please don't complain there too and don't ask the TT-board to change the rules because of that reason

balloon
02-14-2007, 02:23 PM

this was practiced at AO

balloon
02-14-2007, 02:24 PM

say Nadal played first and lost .. and 3/4 of the people took him on sucide..

and u come in after the match has ended and picked another player

Deathless Mortal
02-14-2007, 02:25 PM
ahoehoieahoiea
the same situation is in the Tennis Tipping, yeah? but please don't complain there too and don't ask the TT-board to change the rules because of that reason

No, it's not the same! If you send the picks late, they don't count matches which had started in that time.. They count others :wavey:

balloon
02-14-2007, 02:26 PM
No, it's not the same! If you send the picks late, they don't count matches which had started in that time.. They count others :wavey:

thats only if u r into the 2nd round
if it happens in the 1st round, u r replaced by a LL

ExcaliburII
02-14-2007, 03:21 PM
say Nadal played first and lost .. and 3/4 of the people took him on sucide..

and u come in after the match has ended and picked another player

and if nadal wins? you dont have the easy pick, you will be always in disadvantage for choosing a player when matches have already started. You have less possibilities to choose from:wavey:

balloon
02-14-2007, 03:39 PM
and if nadal wins? you dont have the easy pick, you will be always in disadvantage for choosing a player when matches have already started. You have less possibilities to choose from:wavey:

yupz.. it works both ways
but since e rules are already being set, lets live with it :wavey:

yemok
02-14-2007, 07:25 PM
yupz.. it works both ways
but since e rules are already being set, lets live with it :wavey:

case closed

http://yelims3.free.fr/Inclassables/Inclassable95.gif

Regenbogen
02-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Since the forum was down, should I count late picks? Since there weren't really any rules about it...

And should we make some kind of rule?

yemok
02-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Since the forum was down, should I count late picks? Since there weren't really any rules about it...

And should we make some kind of rule?

yes, it's not players fault, so late picks have to be accepted because of the circumstances

ExcaliburII
02-15-2007, 06:50 PM
I think we should make the rule for late picks being accepted when MTF is offline. I would accept late picks for today because we didnt offer an alternative option.

ExcaliburII
02-15-2007, 06:57 PM
yes, it's not players fault, so late picks have to be accepted because of the circumstances
first time we coincide:worship:

yemok
02-16-2007, 10:38 AM
first time we coincide:worship:

hahiheah
:yeah:

my suggestion is the manager to post his e-mail (in post#1), and if MTF is down the players have to send him his pick that way.
posting @ WTA-forum is not a very good option (my opinion), not everyone here is a member there and there's possibility someone to post @ WTA 2-3 different picks in different threads and later to show us only this which is the most suitable for him (that's not very likely to happen, but still possible)

superhoops
02-16-2007, 07:09 PM
If there is any new rules agreed by the board, tell me and i will put them up on first page.

yemok
02-20-2007, 05:22 PM
There's something about the points in Suicide that bothers me...

for example look at the points this week:

Day 7 (with winning pick) : 175
Day 7 : 150
Day 6 : 120
Day 5 : 80
Day 4 : 50
Day 3: 30
Day 2: 15
Day 1: 5

and in Zagreb

winner - 175
day 7(with pick) - 150
day 6 - 120
day 5 - 90
day 4 - 50
day 3 - 30
day 2 - 15
day 1 - 5

I know that in WTAworld (where this game was originally created) they use such a thing as 'day 7 with a pick', but I think that's completely wrong, because the points for reaching the final day and giving a wrong prediction are almost the same as for winning the tournament :shrug:
and that's against the idea of winning the tournament with 7 right picks in 7 days...

and about the difference between reaching the final day without the possibility of choosing someone and having such an oportunity - my opinion is that there's no reason to give a points-favour of those who can pick in the final day, because they already are favoured with the possibility to pick

tell me what you think, stick to the WTAworld or do the right thing and discard the points which give an unnecessary advantage ;)

Taz Warrior
02-20-2007, 05:35 PM
There's something about the points in Suicide that bothers me...

for example look at the points this week:

Day 7 (with winning pick) : 175
Day 7 : 150

and in Zagreb

winner - 175
day 7(with pick) - 150
day 6 - 120
day 5 - 90
day 4 - 50
day 3 - 30
day 2 - 15
day 1 - 5

I know that in WTAworld (where this game was originally created) they use such a thing as 'day 7 with a pick', but I think that's completely wrong, because the points for reaching the final day and giving a wrong prediction are almost the same as for winning the tournament :shrug:
and that's against the idea of winning the tournament with 7 right picks in 7 days...

and about the difference between reaching the final day without the possibility of choosing someone and having such an oportunity - my opinion is that there's no reason to give a points-favour of those who can pick in the final day, because they already are favoured with the possibility to pick

tell me what you think, stick to the WTAworld or do the right thing and discard the points which give an unnecessary advantage ;)

I agree - there should be a bigger reward for getting your final pick right as that is the main essence of the game :)

superhoops
02-20-2007, 06:14 PM
I agree - there should be a bigger reward for getting your final pick right as that is the main essence of the game :)

100% agree

ExcaliburII
02-21-2007, 01:02 AM
I think it should be difference of about 25% not more than that.

ExcaliburII
02-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Winner:175
Day7: 140
Day6: 110
Day5: 85
Day4: 50
Day3: 30
Day2: 15
Day1: 5

is something like that ok with you yemok? Or do you want even more difference between reaching last day, and reaching the last day and choosing a good pick?

Regenbogen
02-21-2007, 02:30 AM
I think it's fine to have the same amount of points whether you pick or not, that makes sense to me.

What I was wondering was sort of related...does whoever's working out the point totals know if a person committed suicide on day 6, or got to day 7 and couldn't pick? ...This IS a different thing altogether right?

I'm kind of confusing myself now :o

yemok
02-22-2007, 03:54 PM
I think it's fine to have the same amount of points whether you pick or not, that makes sense to me.

What I was wondering was sort of related...does whoever's working out the point totals know if a person committed suicide on day 6, or got to day 7 and couldn't pick? ...This IS a different thing altogether right?

I'm kind of confusing myself now :o

yes, it's different of course :)
for example this week

Day 7 : 175

if you commit suicide on day 6 you get 80 points (for picking right on day 5)
if you reach day 7 (with wrong pick on the final day or without pick) you get 120 points for the good pick on day 6

p.s. just to be clear, day1 = 5 points if you pick right on day 1, there is no reason to earn points just for writing 'IN' if your first pick is wrong

superhoops
02-22-2007, 03:57 PM
yes, it's different of course :)
for example this week

Day 7 : 175

if you commit suicide on day 6 you get 80 points (for picking right on day 5)
if you reach day 7 (with wrong pick on the final day or without pick) you get 120 points for the good pick on day 6

p.s. just to be clear, day1 = 5 points if you pick right on day 1, there is no reason to earn points just for writing 'IN' if your first pick is wrong

this is more appropriate but must be explained clearly on first posts.

yemok
02-22-2007, 05:31 PM
this is more appropriate but must be explained clearly on first posts.

sure

I think something like that will be clear to everybody:

winning pick on Day 7: 175
winning pick on Day 6: 120
winning pick on Day 5: 80
winning pick on Day 4: 50
winning pick on Day 3: 30
winning pick on Day 2: 15
winning pick on Day 1: 5

keqtqiadv
02-22-2007, 05:43 PM
:rocker2:

Frank Winkler
02-23-2007, 10:44 PM
the game was started hier without a back-up and with v-cash.
its run very nicely here. The only thing missing was standings with ten best tournaments. and maybe the grand slams compulsory.

Frank Winkler
02-23-2007, 10:46 PM
if you have a pick left you did much better than if you have no pick left.
it is much more difficult and should be greatly rewarded.

johnnyCanuck
02-25-2007, 04:51 PM
sure

I think something like that will be clear to everybody:

winning pick on Day 7: 175
winning pick on Day 6: 120
winning pick on Day 5: 80
winning pick on Day 4: 50
winning pick on Day 3: 30
winning pick on Day 2: 15
winning pick on Day 1: 5

Sorry it took me so long to chime in on this (I was on vacation in the Caribbean). I like this points breakdown. I'll change the tournaments I'm running later this week so that they reflect the changes and make things clearer etc.

ExcaliburII
02-27-2007, 01:23 PM
I think we should`t accept people sending in picks for others. As Bjorki did in Dubai sending picks in for Peta Pan. This we should accept it because we didn`t establish a rule, but I think we should have a rule for this. :wavey:

Deathless Mortal
02-27-2007, 01:24 PM
I accepted that pick.

ExcaliburII
02-27-2007, 01:27 PM
I accepted that pick.

That is what I`m saying in the future we shouldn`t accept that type of picks.

superhoops
02-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Nope it shouldn't be allowed.

ExcaliburII
02-27-2007, 07:16 PM
So we all agree on adding a new rule for that from Indian Weels onwards?

yemok
02-27-2007, 08:29 PM
So we all agree on adding a new rule for that from Indian Weels onwards?

surprisingly - yes ;)

ExcaliburII
02-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Aleluya, I think its just the second time we coincede :p

yemok
03-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Aleluya, I think its just the second time we coincede :p

second time you think in interest of the game :p

ExcaliburII
03-01-2007, 07:10 PM
second time you think in interest of the game :p

Its just your second time:p

yemok
04-10-2007, 02:03 PM
I'd like to suggest a change in the rules: we can throw away the commitments in Suicide Tennis. After the decision to run only 1 tournament per week it's really not necessary to have a commitment, because everyone can post a pick on day 1 @ 11AM and write "IN" and this changes nothing...

Here's no limit of the players, so I think we can start directly with a day1 pick and cut the IN-thing.

What do you think?

:cool:

johnnyCanuck
04-10-2007, 02:18 PM
I think it's a good idea :)

Snowwy
04-10-2007, 05:27 PM
I'd like to suggest a change in the rules: we can throw away the commitments in Suicide Tennis. After the decision to run only 1 tournament per week it's really not necessary to have a commitment, because everyone can post a pick on day 1 @ 11AM and write "IN" and this changes nothing...

Here's no limit of the players, so I think we can start directly with a day1 pick and cut the IN-thing.

What do you think?

:cool:

Yes, I think for sure that this would be better :)

johnnyCanuck
04-10-2007, 07:35 PM
I think it's a good idea :)

I should probably clarify this, and say that I think yemok's idea is the good one ;)

ExcaliburII
04-10-2007, 08:32 PM
When I runned the tournaments I sended a Pm to players who had commited to the tournament and didnt send picks 3 hours before matches started.
So I think this rule shouldnt be changed, but i agree its not that important.

superhoops
04-13-2007, 06:55 PM
I think it shouldn't change either.

yemok
04-16-2007, 04:34 AM
When I runned the tournaments I sended a Pm to players who had commited to the tournament and didnt send picks 3 hours before matches started.
So I think this rule shouldnt be changed, but i agree its not that important.

I was doing the same in the past, but it's not managers job to look after posting the picks instead of the players.

I think it shouldn't change either.

Give a reason please! Why the commitments are necessary... thank you

Jirku
05-16-2007, 12:15 AM
as a newby i have a question: if you choose your pick and it's valid, but you had also a backup pick , does he count aswell then ? (i don't mean the points, but once you choose a player, you can't choose him again) so can i choose the backup choice again then (when the backup choice isn't needed ?)

Snowwy
05-16-2007, 12:43 AM
As long as your back-up isnt used, you can pick him again.

yemok
05-16-2007, 09:19 PM
I think we should add some text in the rules (first page of every thread) regarding the picks in case of rain, it has to be clear for everyone that only matches not scheduled for the rainy day can be picked.

And we can start it from the tournament next week!

Snowwy
05-16-2007, 10:41 PM
Good call yemok, today(tomorrow's picks) was confusing.

ExcaliburII
05-17-2007, 01:05 AM
I think we should add some text in the rules (first page of every thread) regarding the picks in case of rain, it has to be clear for everyone that only matches not scheduled for the rainy day can be picked.

And we can start it from the tournament next week!

is this the third time we agree? :p