Thread for all NICOLAS KIEFER supporters [Archive] - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

Thread for all NICOLAS KIEFER supporters

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Space Cowgirl
11-28-2004, 07:32 PM
Who's the second player, Fee? Is it Paradorn?

JMG
12-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Kiefer is on the Sydney list! Sometimes he is really making strange comments about his schedule. This year after AusOpen, he said that he will play Miami next, although he had already committed to San Jose and Memphis. And last month he said that his comeback will be in St. Anton, although his real fans already knew that it will be in Pattaya.

kiwiteami
12-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Sorry but he's not going to San Jose and Memphis.Look on his website,he is going to marseilles and Rotterdam.

knight_ley
12-02-2004, 11:33 PM
Sorry but he's not going to San Jose and Memphis.Look on his website,he is going to marseilles and Rotterdam.

*needs to learn German*

he better not back out of Montreal ;) , Long Island or the US Open!

kiwiteami
12-03-2004, 12:54 AM
YEAH cause I changed my plans now cause he decided NOT to go to Memphis,SO I,m going to indian wells and he BETTER go! And he better go to cincinnati.And the thing is I actually called Memphis and at the US Open he was talking to the director of the memphis tournament,telling him how he liked it and would come back..what do you know..he,s going to Rotterdam! I don't get men!

knight_ley
12-03-2004, 01:14 AM
YEAH cause I changed my plans now cause he decided NOT to go to Memphis,SO I,m going to indian wells and he BETTER go! And he better go to cincinnati.And the thing is I actually called Memphis and at the US Open he was talking to the director of the memphis tournament,telling him how he liked it and would come back..what do you know..he,s going to Rotterdam! I don't get men!

:lol: And men think women are the confusing ones!!!!!

I'm gonna be over in Europe in the spring, and we're gonna be over there during Hamburg and I really wanna go, but we're backpacking so it's kinda like... play it by ear. So we shall see :) :angel:

kiwiteami
12-03-2004, 01:28 AM
I am taking all of march off from work cause I'm going to indian wells and then Miami..so who's the crazy one? lol :p I took all the vacation days that I could and put them in a month,my boss thinks that I'm crazy..lol and he asked why? What was I supposed to say? Cause Nicolas Kiefer decided NOT to go to memphis so I cancelled my plans and I decided to go to california for more than a week JUST to see him!! yeah right.But I'm not the only crazy bi..h..lol.I ahve a pal from england coming too,the entire month.I'm so going to be in Nicolas's face for the entire month..lol..poor guy. :devil:

knight_ley
12-03-2004, 01:30 AM
I'm taking off work for 2 months to go to Europe! haha..... But I'm just going to go cuz we're moving to England next winter, so we're going over there to visit and hang out for a while before we move. Cuz I've never been out of the USA and my friend wants me to be cultured... haha... so I'm gonna get a little bit of a shocker. But I just thought it woudl be cool if while we're over there to like see him, especially in Germany. But doing something that unpredicable -- the travelling -- i am not counting on it cuz we might be ANYWHERE at that time... we're just going where life leads us... you're only young once!!!!!!!!!

but my august is focused on Kiwi :) we're going to all of Montreal, and then hitting up Long Island and the USO on certain days, not the full tourny's, cuz they're so close :)

Fee
12-03-2004, 01:40 AM
Who's the second player, Fee? Is it Paradorn?

Well, I guess I can go ahead and say, since the new season is only a month away. Jan-Michael's adidas contract has ended too. I can't say who his new clothes are yet, but it's not Nike.

Fee
12-03-2004, 01:45 AM
I told you all that I was pretty sure that Nic would not come to Memphis and San Jose. Bummer, I was afraid I would miss him, but I am seriously considering coming to Indian Wells for about 36 hours on the first weekend, so hopefully I will see him there. One of my JMG regulars will be visiting from England and I would really like to meet her in person since we spend a third of our lives on IM.

JMG
12-03-2004, 09:09 AM

Of course, I was speaking about 2004.

kiwiteami
12-03-2004, 09:26 PM
Opps! sorry JMG.lol. Fee come to Indian wells.I'm going,I've never been and I can't wait to go.

Fee
12-04-2004, 02:49 AM
Things you absolutely MUST have if you are going to Indian Wells: comfortable shoes, a hat, SUNSCREEN (lots of it, with the correct ingredients, and reapply it often), and clothes to change into if you stay for the night session. It can be 100 degrees during the day, but as soon as the sun goes down and the wind kicks up, you will freeze your tookas off. And money, because they overcharge for EVERYTHING there.

Have fun.

Tricky_Forehand
12-05-2004, 04:33 AM
It dawned on me today that sometime early next year will be 10 years since I started keeping up with Kiwi's results. 10 years!! How time flies...lol.

I've read how he's not going to Memphis. It surprises me, points-wise, because of the points he needs to defend. But, then again, I'm not surprised because all that time staying in the States got to him. No reason that he can't defend the points elsewhere.

He's been coming to L.A. since 2001 so I hope that stays a part of his schedule. I may need him playing there to distract me from a possible personal nightmare.

kiwiteami
12-05-2004, 05:12 AM
Fee,basically Indian wells is like Miami,I'm cold then hot,then cold again at night.I walked and walked and walked and it was ultra expensive..so,the difference is..lol!!

Fee
12-05-2004, 06:42 AM
I hear Miami is larger than IW, and IW is flat and pretty easy to get around. You'll need good shoes because the practice courts are right next to the play courts, so you could spend a lot of time going back and forth. One of the excellent things about IW is that there are little golf cart shuttles constantly moving around and they can take you almost anywhere.

The only reason Nic played the US indoor swing last year was because his ranking was 'too low to get into Milano' as he said to me in San Jose, so he had to play here. With his improved ranking and the schedule changes (including Davis Cup the weekend before IW) I just knew he would do the European indoors instead. He runs the risk of losing those Memphis and Scottsdale points against stronger competition, but I'm sure he thought of that before he made his choices.

Congrats on your almost 10 years Kath. I had stopped paying attention to tennis about that time. It was not the best time in my life, but it was ages ago and not worth dwelling on. Onward and upward.

Tricky_Forehand
12-05-2004, 07:46 AM
Congrats on your almost 10 years Kath. I had stopped paying attention to tennis about that time. It was not the best time in my life, but it was ages ago and not worth dwelling on. Onward and upward.

Thanks, Fee :D . Wasn't really looking for recognition when I said that. It was just a thought that came to me when I started thinking about knowing I will still be supporting someone else in 10 years. Though, because I know this person the fact that I will still be supporting him in 10 years means a little more.

Just a scary thought thinking it was almost 10 years ago when I first saw Nicolas play. I was getting ready to graduate high school then :lol:

knight_ley
12-09-2004, 09:41 PM
''Ich brauche noch Zeit''
Der Auftakt bei der Tennis Trophy in St. Anton ist mir gut gelungen: 6:4, 6:4 gegen den Tschechen Tomas Berdych. Es war von meiner Seite ein solides Spiel, das mir zeigte, dass ich auf einem guten Weg bin, dass ich aber sehr wohl noch Zeit brauche, bis ich wieder da bin, wo ich vor meiner Verletzung stand. Zu schaffen machte mir auch noch eine Erkältung, die mich durch die Umstellung von thailändischer Hitze zu europäischer Kälte voll umgehauen hatte. Deshalb konnte ich in den ersten Tagen hier in St. Anton an den bekannten Feten nicht so richtig teilnehmen, bin vielmehr spazieren gegangen und habe mich abseits des Trainings geschont.

Am Freitag muss ich gegen Stefan Koubek ran. Dann entscheidet sich, ob ich ins Finale einziehe. Mein Ziel ist das schon. Danach fliege ich nach Monte Carlo und beginne mit den Vorbereitungen für die Australian Open.

Bis bald - Euer KIWI

Could someone translate that for me? It was on his website today :) Thanks!

Neely
12-10-2004, 12:38 AM
09.12.2004: ''Ich brauche noch Zeit''
Der Auftakt bei der Tennis Trophy in St. Anton ist mir gut gelungen: 6:4, 6:4 gegen den Tschechen Tomas Berdych. Es war von meiner Seite ein solides Spiel, das mir zeigte, dass ich auf einem guten Weg bin, dass ich aber sehr wohl noch Zeit brauche, bis ich wieder da bin, wo ich vor meiner Verletzung stand. Zu schaffen machte mir auch noch eine Erkältung, die mich durch die Umstellung von thailändischer Hitze zu europäischer Kälte voll umgehauen hatte. Deshalb konnte ich in den ersten Tagen hier in St. Anton an den bekannten Feten nicht so richtig teilnehmen, bin vielmehr spazieren gegangen und habe mich abseits des Trainings geschont.

Am Freitag muss ich gegen Stefan Koubek ran. Dann entscheidet sich, ob ich ins Finale einziehe. Mein Ziel ist das schon. Danach fliege ich nach Monte Carlo und beginne mit den Vorbereitungen für die Australian Open.

Bis bald - Euer KIWI

9.12.2004: I still need some time
The first match of the St. Anton Tennis Trophy was successful. 6:4 6:4 against the Czech Thomas Berdych. It was a very solid match from my side which showed me that I'm on a good way, but it also showed me that I still need time until I'm there were I once was before my injury. I was feeling the after-effects of a cold that caught me coming from the heat in Thailand to the cold European weather. That's also the reason why I couldn't participate like I wanted at the known parties during the first days here in St. Anton, I took a walk instead and tried to give me a break away from the practise.

On Friday, I must play against Stefan Koubek. Then it's going to be decided whether I will move to the finals. It's my goal. After that I will go to Monte Carlo and will start my preparations for the Australian Open there.

knight_ley
12-10-2004, 01:19 AM
:kiss:

Neely
12-10-2004, 01:50 AM
another idea I had was that we could get a special thread just for Kiwi's website updates... okay, so far, we've always talked about them here, but why not install a topic named "xxxxxxxxx" (don't know any good name at the moment) and translate, talk and discuss about them there... and this thread we still could use for everything else that doesn't fit for any other topic and other conversations...

what do you think about it?
lets start it for the new season :yeah:

Toppu
12-10-2004, 09:32 AM
Hey guys .. Have you heard about Kiwi's tattoo ? Last week I was watching a rerun match of Paradon Super Tour 2004 on TV and saw some sort of "dragon tattoo" on Kiwi's right arm. I'm not sure whether it's permanent.

knight_ley
12-10-2004, 04:19 PM
another idea I had was that we could get a special thread just for Kiwi's website updates... okay, so far, we've always talked about them here, but why not install a topic named "xxxxxxxxx" (don't know any good name at the moment) and translate, talk and discuss about them there... and this thread we still could use for everything else that doesn't fit for any other topic and other conversations...

what do you think about it?
lets start it for the new season :yeah:

:bigclap: That's a great idea!! With his next website update, whoever sees it first or whatever, when they post about it should just start the new thread!

knight_ley
12-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Hey guys .. Have you heard about Kiwi's tattoo ? Last week I was watching a rerun match of Paradon Super Tour 2004 on TV and saw some sort of "dragon tattoo" on Kiwi's right arm. I'm not sure whether it's permanent.

I believe it is just henna. The pictures of it up close it doesn't look real. You can judge for yourself... I'm going to attach it here :) :wavey:

Neely
12-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Let's hope that Kiwi updates his homepage once again before Christmas :yeah:
For my taste, it's already too long ago that he wrote :angel:

knight_ley
12-21-2004, 01:31 AM
Let's hope that Kiwi updates his homepage once again before Christmas :yeah:
For my taste, it's already too long ago that he wrote :angel:

I know... I am sad everyday when I come here and check his homepage and there is nothing new... But I cannot find anything new myself, and figure no one else is having any luck either :sad: Hopefully, like you said, he'll update for Christmas. Even if it's just him telling all of us "merry christmas" :lol: that'll satisfy me ;)

Neely
12-21-2004, 03:58 PM
I know... I am sad everyday when I come here and check his homepage and there is nothing new... But I cannot find anything new myself, and figure no one else is having any luck either :sad: Hopefully, like you said, he'll update for Christmas. Even if it's just him telling all of us "merry christmas" :lol: that'll satisfy me ;)

Yeah!!! :bounce: :bounce: He answered our prayer and updated his page! :) :cool: :smoke:

knight_ley
12-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Yeah!!! :bounce: :bounce: He answered our prayer and updated his page! :) :cool: :smoke:

hahaha he must've seen us talking about it on here ;) ;) ;)

:angel:

knight_ley
12-24-2004, 03:50 PM
I just wanted to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays :) I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

Tricky_Forehand
12-24-2004, 09:31 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone!! :hug:

I hope that everyone has a great day tomorrow (or today for the Aussies ;) )

kiwiteami
12-24-2004, 11:14 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS ..kisses and hugs

Fee
12-25-2004, 01:27 AM
Merry Nicolas... I mean Merry Christmas! :lol:

Neely
12-25-2004, 02:24 AM
to whom it applies...

:bigwave: :wavey: Merry Christmas all Kiwi fans!!!!! :rocker2: :hug: :yippee:

I hope you have a "silent night, holy night"... *sing* :hug: :yeah:

RodFan08
12-25-2004, 02:24 AM
Merry Christmas Everybody!!!:)

Neely
12-26-2004, 07:30 PM
Did you hear about very bad earthquakes, tsunamis and sea waves in South Asia, Thailand, Malaysia etc?

A few hours ago I saw those news on TV and they said that there must be already more than 10000 victims... :eek:

They also said that Phuket, where Kiwi played his 2nd single match against Paradorn a few weeks ago, was hit especially bad.

Kiwi told us that he will fly to Australia today on Dec. 26th. Normally those flights -depending on the airline- all have a stop in Singapore, Thailand, India... somewhere there in Asia, so I hope he doesn't have any inconveniences due to this disaster and that he will arrive well.

RodFan08
12-27-2004, 01:06 AM
Did you hear about very bad earthquakes, tsunamis and sea waves in South Asia, Thailand, Malaysia etc?

A few hours ago I saw those news on TV and they said that there must be already more than 10000 victims... :eek:

They also said that Phuket, where Kiwi played his 2nd single match against Paradorn a few weeks ago, was hit especially bad.

Kiwi told us that he will fly to Australia today on Dec. 26th. Normally those flights -depending on the airline- all have a stop in Singapore, Thailand, India... somewhere there in Asia, so I hope he doesn't have any inconveniences due to this disaster and that he will arrive well.

Wow, I didn't here about that. Hope this is not an inconvinence to him and that everything goes well. Thanks for the news :eek:

knight_ley
12-27-2004, 03:32 AM
It is terrible... My thoughts are with everyone over there... :sad:

Fee
12-27-2004, 06:42 AM
I did a quick search on flights from Hannover to Sydney (just as an idea) and he can get there through Vienna without a stopover in Asia. One other option was to stop in Bangkok. Let's hope that he was able to get a flight that avoided the layover and he is safely in Australia soon.

I don't think I have seen a natural disaster of this magnitude in my lifetime (and I hope I never do again). I feel so horrible for all of those people and their families, especially the fishermen. No one should have to die just for putting in an honest day's work. It's all just so horrible.

Tennisqueen
12-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Nicolas and Inga broke up! He said it on his homepage... :confused:

JMG
12-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Yes, really a big bad surprise! :eek: In St. Anton he said that she will go to more tournaments with him this year, so I think there should have been no signs for a break-up a few weeks ago.

Tennisqueen
12-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Yes, really a big bad surprise! :eek: In St. Anton he said that she will go to more tournaments with him this year, so I think there should have been no signs for a break-up a few weeks ago.
Yes, I think so, too. When I read it the first time, I thought it's a joke... :awww:

Neely
12-27-2004, 03:25 PM
Unbelievable news!! :eek: :sobbing: :sobbing:
I wonder what the reasons are for that and who/what is responsible for this break-up... they have been together really for very long time now, almost completely unnoticed by the media which is normally a good thing.

And the break-up during Christmas Days! Okay, maybe there was already something earlier that we didn't know, but in the interview from St. Anton Kiwi didn't say anything about that and told us she will be travelling more with him next season because she has finished final state exam for being a lawyer.

Anyway, at least he decided to tell us so we know and I it might help him too that things are clear before his Australia stay. I hope he can overcome it as well as possible to play concentrated tennis, but it must be a big blow if you shared more than 7 years, about a quarter of your life so far with somebody and finally it's over some time.

I guess the site admin normally doesn't put (and shouldn't) messages on Kiwi's site and signs them with "Kiwi", so I think we can conclude that Kiwi has already arrived well in Australia... or depending on the time his flight left yesterday in Germany, he could still be hanging around on some Asian airport during a stop-over waiting for his flight to Australia to continue. But let's not think too complicated about it ;)

knight_ley
12-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Unbelievable news!! :eek: :sobbing: :sobbing:
I wonder what the reasons are for that and who/what is responsible for this break-up... they have been together really for very long time now, almost completely unnoticed by the media which is normally a good thing.

And the break-up during Christmas Days! Okay, maybe there was already something earlier that we didn't know, but in the interview from St. Anton Kiwi didn't say anything about that and told us she will be travelling more with him next season because she has finished final state exam for being a lawyer.

Anyway, at least he decided to tell us so we know and I it might help him too that things are clear before his Australia stay. I hope he can overcome it as well as possible to play concentrated tennis, but it must be a big blow if you shared more than 7 years, about a quarter of your life so far with somebody and finally it's over some time.

:eek: I am in shock. I hope he is okay... :sad:

kiwiteami
12-27-2004, 09:23 PM
Lets hope that Kiwi will have a good start in 2005.He is very strong.And all of my prayers are with those victims in Asia..poor people...just terrible.

kfh_9118
12-28-2004, 08:26 AM
Wish you all a belated Merry Christmas :wavey: and hope you all will have a save and good new year in 2005 :D

I can't believe it's over for Kiwi and Inga. Hope it won't affect his tennis in 2005, and wish him a good and success tennis year in 2005.

:wavey:

JMG
12-29-2004, 12:18 PM
Kiefer played on the center court today with his coach :yeah: , it is said in the tournament thread.

Neely
12-29-2004, 07:39 PM
Good news that he is already there... the begin of the tournament is still some days away, but it shouldn't be bad if he arrives there early with so many time zones difference and many many many degrees difference in temperature! ;)

JMG
01-01-2005, 09:17 AM
I don't like the draw too much although it should be no problem for him. :devil:
Schalken is one of the better non-seeded players for sure.

At least easier than in Marseille, where the cut-off will be no.42 :eek: !

knight_ley
01-01-2005, 04:11 PM
I don't like the draw too much although it should be no problem for him. :devil:
Schalken is one of the better non-seeded players for sure.

At least easier than in Marseille, where the cut-off will be no.42 :eek: !

I think the draw is alright... I mean I wish Joaquim was in the other half of the draw :lol: but I can live... GO KIWI!!!!! :worship:

kfh_9118
01-02-2005, 11:38 AM
I do really hope Kiwi will be in the final here, so I can watch him on TV :D
Go Kiwi, kick your 2005 season with a good mark.

Neely
01-06-2005, 05:07 AM
I thought of writing something in the "Dear Kiwi" thread but I decided to wait about his results in Adelaide, maybe we can congratulate him for more than making the Quarterfinal! ;) :angel:

kfh_9118
01-06-2005, 12:43 PM
I thought of writing something in the "Dear Kiwi" thread but I decided to wait about his results in Adelaide, maybe we can congratulate him for more than making the Quarterfinal! ;) :angel:

:hug:

sol
01-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Hello my fellows Kiwi’s fans, :bigwave:

I’m back here after a short while. The best wishes to everyone here, in this New Year 2005: in health, prosperity, peace, projects, love, etc. :D

Good vibrate for our dear Kiwi, hoping his best results in this season. :yeah: :banana:

I won't be a regular poster as before by my stressing full-time job, the fact of being a teacher at Uni two evening every week, and because I’m going to start a new Master’s degree in Business Administration and Marketing next month

A special *HUG* to all those people that are working in the translation of the Kiwi’s website. :hug: :kiss:

Neely
01-11-2005, 11:04 AM
Hi Sol! :wavey: :hug:
Nice that you took some time to pop in :yeah:

Neely
01-13-2005, 10:35 PM
Very good!
Henry's thread is filling: Jogy, Tennisqueen, SpaceCowgirl, RodFan08 all posted!

For those who didn't write something yet but want to send him some greetings this way, do it within the next days because Henry already wants to see him during the first days of the AO!

Neely
01-13-2005, 11:57 PM
The draw will be done on Friday Melbourne time, Considering they are lots of hours ahead of me, I think it could come out soon, maybe even within the next hours depending on what time they want to do it.

I'm excited for the draw, hopefully he'll be in a good section and he's away as far as possible of Federer, Roddick, Youzhny and Hewitt. And an early round match against another German would also suck :(

knight_ley
01-14-2005, 12:38 AM
The draw will be done on Friday Melbourne time, Considering they are lots of hours ahead of me, I think it could come out soon, maybe even within the next hours depending on what time they want to do it.

I'm excited for the draw, hopefully he'll be in a good section and he's away as far as possible of Federer, Roddick, Youzhny and Hewitt. And an early round match against another German would also suck :(

They said it would be out by NOON in melbourne on Friday... and noon in Melborne on Friday is 8pm here on Thursday... and right now it's like 7.40pm... so it should be out sooooooooooon!!!!!!!

:bounce:

kiwiteami
01-14-2005, 01:00 AM
DRAW DRAW DRAW DRAW !! lol

kfh_9118
01-14-2005, 02:42 AM
Very good!
Henry's thread is filling: Jogy, Tennisqueen, SpaceCowgirl, RodFan08 all posted!

For those who didn't write something yet but want to send him some greetings this way, do it within the next days because Henry already wants to see him during the first days of the AO!

:hug: :bounce:
Thanks guys :) I was wondering if noone else will post in the thread, I even considered to cancel the plan and apologize to Neely since I don't want to give it to Kiwi with only two entries, it will make him sad and thought that he only has few fans.

Now, it's filled up :bounce: I will wait until Sunday to print it out and hopefully I will be able to meet Kiefer in AO ;) Wish me luck :wavey:

knight_ley
01-14-2005, 02:46 AM
:hug: :bounce:
Thanks guys :) I was wondering if noone else will post in the thread, I even considered to cancel the plan and apologize to Neely since I don't want to give it to Kiwi with only two entries, it will make him sad and thought that he only has few fans.

Now, it's filled up :bounce: I will wait until Sunday to print it out and hopefully I will be able to meet Kiefer in AO ;) Wish me luck :wavey:

Good luck! And make sure you take lots of pictures and tell us every little detail :)

JMG
01-19-2005, 02:50 PM
With the 1st round loss, he is probably unseeded in the forthcoming events in Europe and maybe also in Dubai. It will be so damn difficult to take the points there. I already see it: 1st round: Kiefer vs Federer :help:

Neely
01-19-2005, 03:54 PM
When looking at the strong entry lists of Marseille, Rotterdam, Dubai his current rank wouldn't have been enough (or just barely enough) to be seeded.
You're right, now with the 1st round loss and Lopez and ToJo doing well they (or others) could overtake him I guess. :mad:

Looks like he has to battle through very strong competition... he almost has three complete weeks off now if he doesn't plan to start playing again until Marseille... so I'm wondering if he wants to ask for a WC in Milan. The field isn't that strong there and he would have had enough free time since his 1st round loss. Maybe a bit indoor practice would be good...

JMG
01-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Prominente Gäste im Sportclub aus der AWD-Arena

Start in die Rückrunde der Fußball-Bundesliga - aus der AWD-Arena in Hannover, die am Sonntag feierlich eröffnet wird. Die WM-Arena der "Roten" präsentiert sich in neuem Glanz, und "96" spielte vor der Winterpause so erfolgreich wie selten zuvor. Grund genug, die Gründe dafür näher zu betrachten. Mit Trainer Ewald Lienen, Präsident Martin Kind, Nationalspieler Per Mertesacker. Als spezielle Gäste geben Niedersachsens Ministerpräsident Christian Wulff und Tennisprofi Nicolas Kiefer ihre Einschätzung zur Situation des Bundesligisten.

Kiwi will be on TV on Sunday in "NDR Sportclub". They invited him as a prominent fan of Hannover 96, because Hannover has the first game in their new stadium. I think he will just say what he thinks about that. :D

Tennisqueen
01-22-2005, 09:01 AM
Prominente Gäste im Sportclub aus der AWD-Arena

Start in die Rückrunde der Fußball-Bundesliga - aus der AWD-Arena in Hannover, die am Sonntag feierlich eröffnet wird. Die WM-Arena der "Roten" präsentiert sich in neuem Glanz, und "96" spielte vor der Winterpause so erfolgreich wie selten zuvor. Grund genug, die Gründe dafür näher zu betrachten. Mit Trainer Ewald Lienen, Präsident Martin Kind, Nationalspieler Per Mertesacker. Als spezielle Gäste geben Niedersachsens Ministerpräsident Christian Wulff und Tennisprofi Nicolas Kiefer ihre Einschätzung zur Situation des Bundesligisten.

Kiwi will be on TV on Sunday in "NDR Sportclub". They invited him as a prominent fan of Hannover 96, because Hannover has the first game in their new stadium. I think he will just say what he thinks about that. :D
Thanks for the tip!!! :)

Space Cowgirl
01-22-2005, 10:20 PM
German tv viewers: did you see Kiwi on "Wetten dass" tonight? Heheh, he got his hair dyed orange for the "Stadtwette" :D The bet was that 1000 people be assembled in the city centre with their hair dyed orange (ZDF's corporate colour) by the end of the programme. The guy organising it, Oliver Pocher, called out for people to volunteer and appealed extra to Kiwi to come along, which he did. I missed the bit where he appeared, so don't know if he'd planned to be there anyway, but whatever, his orange hair looked :cool:

JMG
01-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Of course I' ve seen it! But they didn't give Kiwi enough time he said only a few words to the people. But okay, his next tv appearance is just about 22 hours away.:)

knight_ley
01-22-2005, 10:37 PM
German tv viewers: did you see Kiwi on "Wetten dass" tonight? Heheh, he got his hair dyed orange for the "Stadtwette" :D The bet was that 1000 people be assembled in the city centre with their hair dyed orange (ZDF's corporate colour) by the end of the programme. The guy organising it, Oliver Pocher, called out for people to volunteer and appealed extra to Kiwi to come along, which he did. I missed the bit where he appeared, so don't know if he'd planned to be there anyway, but whatever, his orange hair looked :cool:

:eek: Does anyone have any pictures or screencaps?!!!

Space Cowgirl
01-22-2005, 11:32 PM
:eek: Does anyone have any pictures or screencaps?!!!
I had a look on the ZDF site (www.zdf.de), but nothing there yet. Maybe tomorrow?

knight_ley
01-23-2005, 01:19 AM
eeep i hope there is something! i wanna see him with orange hair! :devil:

JMG
01-23-2005, 08:21 AM
http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmt/mediathek/0,3496,MT-2253682,00.html

:D

Tennisqueen
01-23-2005, 11:38 AM
lol...First I thought, I've got a problem with my eyes... :lol:

Neely
01-23-2005, 04:32 PM
thanks for the hint, JMG! :yeah:
I'm going to watch NDR Sportclub

Very cool that Kiwi was in the "Wetten, dass" show :D :D :clap2:
and he joined the fun to dye his hair orange :yeah: :hug:

JMG
01-24-2005, 07:04 PM
I also think there's a little chance that Kiefer will be on "rent-a-pocher" for a short time. Pocher said last week that he will show a backstage report from "Wetten, dass".
Of course, it sounds more like he filmed the report before the show, cause the "Stadtwette" wasn't backstage, but maybe...;)

Tennisqueen
01-24-2005, 08:03 PM
I also think there's a little chance that Kiefer will be on "rent-a-pocher" for a short time. Pocher said last week that he will show a backstage report from "Wetten, dass".
Of course, it sounds more like he filmed the report before the show, cause the "Stadtwette" wasn't backstage, but maybe...;)
cool... :) do you know when?

JMG
01-24-2005, 09:38 PM
nächste sendung, also donnerstag nach raab

Tennisqueen
01-25-2005, 02:10 PM
nächste sendung, also donnerstag nach raab

JMG
01-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Kiefer is thinking about playing an exhibition match in Wolfsburg next week. There will be a challenger at the same time.

http://www.wolfsburg-atp.de/news.php

JMG
01-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Kiefer has really been in the "Wetten,dass"-backstage report for a few seconds on Thursday. But he said just one sentence in a backstage-scene.

knight_ley
02-09-2005, 03:19 PM
:wavey:

Last night while looking for pictures I stumbled upon a little video of him... I *think* he's talking about Wilson racquets but I'm not sure (it's in German)... You should check it out :angel:

ClubWilson.de TeamWilson (http://www.wilsoncoach.de/multimedia/index.php)

JMG
02-09-2005, 07:06 PM
He talks about a lottery where you can win this racket. He wishes good luck to the participants.

Neely
03-07-2005, 01:15 AM
Don't forget to write a message to Kiwi for Indian Wells.
Just about two days left to do that!!!!

kiwiteami
03-07-2005, 02:16 PM
I just want to say GOODBYE to everyone on this board.I'm leaving tomorrow for Indian wells so I might see Nicolas on wednesday.I have my german ready to go.So talk to you soon.I'll be back on march 18th,before leaving on the 21st for miami.

bye

kfh_9118
03-08-2005, 06:09 AM
have fun, kiwiteami :wavey:
Please forward our supports to Kiwi :bounce:

Neely
03-08-2005, 08:10 AM
I just want to say GOODBYE to everyone on this board.I'm leaving tomorrow for Indian wells so I might see Nicolas on wednesday.I have my german ready to go.So talk to you soon.I'll be back on march 18th,before leaving on the 21st for miami.

bye
Nice, I hope you see some victories of him!! :angel:

Good luck and hopefully you will enjoy it! :yeah:

JMG
03-10-2005, 07:14 PM
7. - 20.3.2005: Indian Wells (Hartplatz)
21.3. - 3.4.2005: Miami (Hartplatz)
11. - 17.04.: Monte Carlo (Sand)
2. - 8.5.: Rom (Sand)
9.- 15.5.: Hamburg (Sand)
16. - 22.5.: ARAG World Team Cup in Düsseldorf
23.5. - 5.6.: French Open in Paris (Sand)
6. - 12.6.: Halle (Gras)
20.6. - 3.7.: Wimbledon (Gras)
18. - 24.7.: Indianapolis (Hartplatz)
25. - 31.7.: Los Angeles (Hartplatz)

This time he takes a break of 2 weeks instead of playing Munich.

knight_ley
03-10-2005, 10:21 PM
7. - 20.3.2005: Indian Wells (Hartplatz)
21.3. - 3.4.2005: Miami (Hartplatz)
11. - 17.04.: Monte Carlo (Sand)
2. - 8.5.: Rom (Sand)
9.- 15.5.: Hamburg (Sand)
16. - 22.5.: ARAG World Team Cup in Düsseldorf
23.5. - 5.6.: French Open in Paris (Sand)
6. - 12.6.: Halle (Gras)
20.6. - 3.7.: Wimbledon (Gras)
18. - 24.7.: Indianapolis (Hartplatz)
25. - 31.7.: Los Angeles (Hartplatz)

This time he takes a break of 2 weeks instead of playing Munich.

Thanks! I wish he had juts released two more weeks... :lol: I'm going to Legg Mason for a day and then Montreal for the entire week! :angel:

Space Cowgirl
03-14-2005, 10:20 PM
grrr, what has he against playing in Munich?? It's the only tournament that's easy for me to get to :(
Oh well, at least Rainer will be there

kiwiteami
03-28-2005, 04:31 PM
hi people

i have a few moment to write to you.yes kiwi is gone.i saw him yesterday before he left but i didn,t know he was leaving cause of a problem in communication in french that we had and if somehow he is reading this i juswt want to say i feel really bad about the way that i left yesterday.but somehoe in a frew months i will make it better.anyway on this board i just want to say that i had and still am having the time of my life.i can only write here what hppenned on court and on the practices.i have to respect kiwi<s privacy.there is someone who reads this board and to whom i told whom i told everything and i am asking her not to share my private life on this board please..i know she won,t. i will gladly share all the detais about his matches here and in indian wells but outside the court i can,t talk..lets all respect kiwi.all that i can say is that he was fine saturday during his practices.he was having fun.during the match he gave up.i was next to thomas and i was like..what is he doing..thomas didn,t know.we had a conversation that night at the hotel and in the elevator.all that i can sau tennis related is that he said that it is life that is it.he is not injured.he did have the fitness guy with him each day and even that night after the match.biut he changed the sudject so did i.he was smiling when he left for dinner,playing with a kid and i met him after,he was having coffee and he was fine.oh and i must tell you i almodst got thrown out of the nalbadian match in IW..lol for screaming too much in the first row..lol.i can only say this..thank you to a great guy.i had a wonderful time thanks to him most of the time.i wish him the best and again if he is reading this..you said to me yesterday that you were going to le port pas aeroport and that is why i didn t react and you acted not really happy and you were looking at me leave like she is going to come back but i did not i am sorry..take care people .i am going back home on friday.i have lots of pics.

knight_ley
03-31-2005, 10:12 PM
hi people

i have a few moment to write to you.yes kiwi is gone.i saw him yesterday before he left but i didn,t know he was leaving cause of a problem in communication in french that we had and if somehow he is reading this i juswt want to say i feel really bad about the way that i left yesterday.but somehoe in a frew months i will make it better.anyway on this board i just want to say that i had and still am having the time of my life.i can only write here what hppenned on court and on the practices.i have to respect kiwi<s privacy.there is someone who reads this board and to whom i told whom i told everything and i am asking her not to share my private life on this board please..i know she won,t. i will gladly share all the detais about his matches here and in indian wells but outside the court i can,t talk..lets all respect kiwi.all that i can say is that he was fine saturday during his practices.he was having fun.during the match he gave up.i was next to thomas and i was like..what is he doing..thomas didn,t know.we had a conversation that night at the hotel and in the elevator.all that i can sau tennis related is that he said that it is life that is it.he is not injured.he did have the fitness guy with him each day and even that night after the match.biut he changed the sudject so did i.he was smiling when he left for dinner,playing with a kid and i met him after,he was having coffee and he was fine.oh and i must tell you i almodst got thrown out of the nalbadian match in IW..lol for screaming too much in the first row..lol.i can only say this..thank you to a great guy.i had a wonderful time thanks to him most of the time.i wish him the best and again if he is reading this..you said to me yesterday that you were going to le port pas aeroport and that is why i didn t react and you acted not really happy and you were looking at me leave like she is going to come back but i did not i am sorry..take care people .i am going back home on friday.i have lots of pics.

:wavey: Karine!

I'm glad you found a computer down there, even though I talk to you everyday anyways :lol: I'm glad you had a good time seeing Kiwi again, and I'm sure he'll understand the misunderstanding the next time you do see him :) Talk to you more when you get home tomorrow :yeah:

Neely
03-31-2005, 11:32 PM
Unbelievable, how comes that I never saw this report before :confused:
It was already posted on March 28th and I just read it the first time now :eek:

Anyway, thanks for the reports and good to see that you had a good time at the tournaments, Karine :yeah:

I just wished he would have at least won one or two matches in Miami, too :rolleyes:

kiwiteami
04-02-2005, 01:48 AM
Hi People

I just got back.I had an amazing time during the entire month.And just to let you know,be cAREFUL baout what you write on this board cuz well,I posted my message here because I knew he would read it and he did.I took lots of pics of Kiwi and of course I have one with him.I will post later on some pics of him playing and practicing and like i said none of outside tennis..just to keep his private life private.The only thing that I can tell you is,this guy is wonderful,a real gentleman and I adore him more and more.He was vERY tired in miami,like no energy.But like he said to me it is life and you have to move on.He did later that night and he had a great time.and he saved my butt in indian wells during the nalbandian match so THANKS again.lol

urbanjae
04-02-2005, 10:56 PM
Hi People

I just got back.I had an amazing time during the entire month.And just to let you know,be cAREFUL baout what you write on this board cuz well,I posted my message here because I knew he would read it and he did.I took lots of pics of Kiwi and of course I have one with him.I will post later on some pics of him playing and practicing and like i said none of outside tennis..just to keep his private life private.The only thing that I can tell you is,this guy is wonderful,a real gentleman and I adore him more and more.He was vERY tired in miami,like no energy.But like he said to me it is life and you have to move on.He did later that night and he had a great time.and he saved my butt in indian wells during the nalbandian match so THANKS again.lol

I'm glad you had such a great time in Miami! You're so lucky that you've met Kiwi. I hope to go to Indy one day to see him play & maybe meet him. *crosses fingers* I'd probably be so nervous about meeting my fave player, that I wouldn't know what to say to him lol!

I can't wait to see all your pictures!! Thanks for posting about your trip :)

Neely
04-07-2005, 03:11 AM
I just see that another idiot acted up in Kiwi's guestbook. Of course Kiwi knows that he does not only get positive entries only, but there is again one that is by far than acceptable at all and it's violating all rules. This person even addressed Kiwi intentionally by a wrong name and makes fun of him and his matches. IMO the admin of the site should delete such entries at once because they just don't belong there and they are not coming from fans or include fair comments.

kiwiteami
04-07-2005, 09:17 PM
God there is a lot of idiots on this earth.Plus he reads that stuff.I haven,t read it yet.You know,in miami there were guys talking about him,just behind me,like saying bad stuff! I was like..look at you and look at him..HELLO!!

Tricky_Forehand
04-07-2005, 10:16 PM
I'd probably be so nervous about meeting my fave player, that I wouldn't know what to say to him lol!

He's just a regular person who happens to play Tennis for a living :)

Tricky_Forehand
04-07-2005, 10:18 PM
I just see that another idiot acted up in Kiwi's guestbook. Of course Kiwi knows that he does not only get positive entries only, but there is again one that is by far than acceptable at all and it's violating all rules. This person even addressed Kiwi intentionally by a wrong name and makes fun of him and his matches. IMO the admin of the site should delete such entries at once because they just don't belong there and they are not coming from fans or include fair comments.

I haven't been to his GB in a while. Is the entry in English?

kiwiteami
04-08-2005, 01:05 AM

Yes he is JUST a regular guy but I keep on telling people that and nobody gets it.He has his life outside tennis and I saw a little of it and he is JUST a regular guy!

Neely
04-08-2005, 01:49 AM
I haven't been to his GB in a while. Is the entry in English?
No, thanksfully not. Would make it even more accessable for more people and I don't think that is (was?!) worth to read.

urbanjae
04-08-2005, 03:10 AM

LOL, yes, quite true :) I'd probably do just fine if I ever had the chance to meet him ... for a few seconds I'd think, "Wow, I've watched you play on TV, and here you are." But I wouldn't run around screaming, "OMG It's KIWI!!!" haha ;)

But as for being a regular person, I totally agree. There's a basketball player that I know that's pretty famous now in college basketball, and whenever I get a chance to talk to him off-court it's no different than talking to anyone else. He's just someone that everyone knows. I think once people can get passed the "famous name" part, then they can see the real person. But it's amazing how so many people can never get passed that aspect.

Neely
04-08-2005, 04:55 AM
BTW, great avatar, Karine! :yeah:
You have been so near to Kiwi :drool: :angel: :)

kiwiteami
04-08-2005, 09:29 PM
BTW, great avatar, Karine! :yeah:
You have been so near to Kiwi :drool: :angel: :)

Yes it was paradise for a month! lol.Thanks Neely it took me like 2 hours to put my avator on the MTF..lol :D .You know,I took a pic of Nicolas and a friend.My friend told me just push there because he has a digital camera.I,m like ok,I think that I took like 30 pics of them by just doing what he told me to do.Nicolas started to laugh and said:are you sure you are not a real blond? lol.How to look and act like an idiot!! I can,t even take ONE pic correctly! :devil:

Space Cowgirl
04-10-2005, 05:58 PM
And just to let you know,be cAREFUL baout what you write on this board cuz well,I posted my message here because I knew he would read it and he did.
Wow, really? In that case I'd like to say: Hallo Kiwi!! :wavey:

Tricky_Forehand
04-10-2005, 07:35 PM
I knew that he read his messages on the GB but I didn't realize that he took the time to look at other tennis forums. But after reading kiwiteami's post I'm hoping that my post about Monte Carlo would irritate him a bit and make him want to prove me wrong. I've posted in his GB enough that I'm sure he can match my username to the email address that I leave ;)

kek
04-11-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm sure MTF is very popular with the players. It is a huge site covering tennis. I imagine he doesn't read it daily but I can see if he has time in between matches and practice he would sneak I peek. I guess if I had a forum about me, I would read it too. :D

Tricky_Forehand
04-11-2005, 10:17 PM
After seeing how some of these professionals are talked about by people who have never even seen them play in person...I wouldn't check here often :). I do remember reading a long time ago that Nicolas likes to "surf the net" just never gave thought that MTF would be one of his stops :). After reading more responses in the Monte Carlo thread if he is truly skimming posts...I hope it fires him up to prove some wrong and he gives Gaston a match. I just wish I could see the match on TV :sad:

kek
04-12-2005, 12:28 AM
After seeing how some of these professionals are talked about by people who have never even seen them play in person...I wouldn't check here often :). I do remember reading a long time ago that Nicolas likes to "surf the net" just never gave thought that MTF would be one of his stops :). After reading more responses in the Monte Carlo thread if he is truly skimming posts...I hope it fires him up to prove some wrong and he gives Gaston a match. I just wish I could see the match on TV :sad:

Well If I was Nicolas I wouldn't be wasting my time by visiting the general section of MTF. Some posts are really lame. I could care less who people thought was the hottest player or Nadal on steriods. Blah, blah, blah. However, in a player's forum it is a little different with true fans.

Well I hope he reads the Monte Carlo thread and fire him up. I tend not to sugarcoat and will pretty much say what I think, as you know Kateherine ;) I know I'm not playing tennis the level as Nicolas is but I have been playing competively half my life and wish I could have followed it through at least to college but things didn't work out. However, I get to experience coaching and mentoring a young fine girl who is 12 and USTA ranked in the top 50 in the state of Texas. So I tend to be a little harsh on Nicolas because I know he can do it. So if you are reading this Nicolas, go kick some Gaudio ass!

Tricky_Forehand
04-12-2005, 01:42 AM
Yes, I know :). One of my favorite things about you :yeah: . I don't see you as being that harsh on Nicolas because you know what you are talking about and you speak from a competitive view.

It sounds like you are enjoying the coaching/mentoring. It's definitely cool to see potential in a young kid no matter what direction that they choose to to take when it's time to make a decision.

kek
04-12-2005, 03:50 AM
It sounds like you are enjoying the coaching/mentoring. It's definitely cool to see potential in a young kid no matter what direction that they choose to to take when it's time to make a decision.

Well I'm not her official coach. She has some good coaches. One is a former WTA player Bree Rippner. I usually hit with her and I do offer her coaching advice when I can. It's more a mental thing with her and I try and help her with that. She is so hard on herself and go on for days reflecting a loss. She has talent to the point they want her to move to Florida and train there. But I say if Roddick can start in Austin, she can too. She doesn't need to be another Boiletteri brat.

Tricky_Forehand
04-12-2005, 04:56 AM
Well, seeing that she's 12 how she handles losses is understandable. You know that the game is alot about confidence and that can really affect a kid. Shit even the professionals can reflect too long on the losses and not learn and move on. I think it all just comes down to the individual and how they choose to handle it. No matter the age or level.

I hope this girl doesn't go to Florida to train. Or, at least, wait a couple of years.

Space Cowgirl
04-13-2005, 08:53 PM
:sad: Unfortunately Kiwi had to retire in his match against Gaudio while 2-5 down in the second set (he lost the first set narrowly 7-5). It seems he has a thigh injury, hope it's ok by the time Rome comes round

knight_ley
04-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Does anyone have any news on Kiwi? He's been MIA for a while :sad:

Tricky_Forehand
04-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Probably no news to tell. I consider that good news :) .

NiciSunflower
05-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Does anyone of the Germans around here know anything about the rumour that Kiwi might eventually take part in the fun football match between Olli Pocher's Sansibar team and Elton's "Gurkentruppe"?

Ich hab' das von jemandem gehört, der was drüber auf Pro7 gesehen hat.

Neely
05-01-2005, 07:33 PM
No I haven't heard about that, but that would be cool :eek: ;) :cool: :smoke:

Seeing Kiwi playing football :yeah: :angel:

but don't injure, nono :fiery:

JMG
05-01-2005, 07:35 PM
sport1.de says that Kiefer/Waske will play doubles in Hamburg!

JMG
05-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Does anyone of the Germans around here know anything about the rumour that Kiwi might eventually take part in the fun football match between Olli Pocher's Sansibar team and Elton's "Gurkentruppe"?

Ich hab' das von jemandem gehört, der was drüber auf Pro7 gesehen hat.

watch this:

rtsp://rd01.t-bn.de/ondemand/etvgmbh/rent-a-pocher/sendungen/062/0062-02-07.rm

or if it doesn't work:

http://rent-a-pocher.prosieben.de/rent-a-pocher/tv/show/data/00605.html

("Mannschaftsaufstellungen")

So yes, he will play there if he isn't in the Semifinal in Hamburg.

knight_ley
05-01-2005, 09:14 PM

:eek: Are you serious?! That is fantastic! :yeah: :woohoo:

Space Cowgirl
05-01-2005, 09:20 PM
excellent! :sport:

Neely
05-01-2005, 09:33 PM
GREAT news!!! :yeah: :bounce:

Neely
05-01-2005, 09:35 PM
watch this:

rtsp://rd01.t-bn.de/ondemand/etvgmbh/rent-a-pocher/sendungen/062/0062-02-07.rm

or if it doesn't work:

http://rent-a-pocher.prosieben.de/rent-a-pocher/tv/show/data/00605.html

("Mannschaftsaufstellungen")

So yes, he will play there if he isn't in the Semifinal in Hamburg.
Good video link to Pocher's site :)

So Kiwi is playing in the midfield :cool: :yeah: Funny team, the only one I don't like in there is Joey Kelly :o :o

Tennisqueen
05-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Thanks JMG!
Do they show it on tv? :drool: ;) I didn't find anything...

NiciSunflower
05-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Cool, that he wants to play there. I'm sure they'll show at least parts of it either on Pocher's show or on TV Total - guess, it'll be fun to watch :D

Space Cowgirl
05-17-2005, 09:05 PM
I saw an ad for this football match: it's on Pro7 on this Thursday night ("Sansibar-Spezial")

NiciSunflower
05-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Wicked! Thanks for the update :hug:

JMG
05-18-2005, 04:19 PM
Direkt davor ist er mit dem WTC Team auch noch bei TV Total. Eigentlich hätte er sich da eine bessere Sendung aussuchen können, anstatt zu einem Moderator zu gehen, der oftmals bewiesen hat, dass er Tennis weder mag noch Ahnung von hat. Vor allem bei Schüttlers Auftritt war's schlimm.

Space Cowgirl
05-18-2005, 10:23 PM
Kiwi, along with Rainer Schüttler and Tommy Haas, will be on TV Total tomorrow night. The "Zanzibar Special" follows it. Channel is Pro7, for any non-Germans who may want to try to find it on their satellite receivers!

JMG
05-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Sievers und Linke wie zu besten Zeiten

Da wurden Erinnerungen wach... Beim Benefiz-Kick zugunsten des Red-Nose-Day zwischen der Nationalmannschaft von Sansibar (mit Teamchef Oliver Pocher (Foto)) und einer Allstar-Elf flog und hechtete 96-Torwartikone Jörg Sievers durch den Strafraum, vor ihm hielt "Fußballgott" Carsten Linke die Abwehrreihe der Allstars zusammen. Die beiden hannoverschen Fußball-Legenden konnten allerdings auch nicht verhindern, dass Sansibar nach 40 unterhaltsamen Minuten mit 3:1 die Oberhand behielt.

Mehr als 20 000 Fans waren in der AWD-Arena dabei.

Pocher macht's selbst
So hatte sich Udo Lattek das nicht vorgestellt. Hilflos musste Trainer-Oldie von der Seitenlinie aus ansehen, wie seine Allstars in der Schlussphase mächtig ins Pusten kamen. Die Kraftreserven waren längst aufgebraucht, Spieler wie Ex-Boxer Axel Schulz oder Stefan Raabs Dauerpraktikant Elton, hechelten ihren Gegenspielern vom Inselparadies Sansibar nur noch hinterher. So fiel in der Schlussminute das 2:1, in der Nachspielzeit gar noch das 3:1. Doppelt bitter für Lattek, dass ausgerechnet sein Teamchef-Gegenüber Oliver Pocher das Spiel entschied. Der Pro Sieben-Moderator hatte sich wenige Minuten zuvor selbst eingewechselt und schob fast mit der ersten Ballberührung die Kugel ins lange Eck. Allstar-Keeper Uli Stein, der nach 20 Minuten für Jörg Sievers zwischen die Pfosten gerückt war, war ohne Chance.

Ande trifft für die tapferen Allstars
Zuvor hatten sich die Allstars tapfer gegen die sansibarische Übermacht gewehrt. Nach einer halben Stunde lagen sich Lattek und Co. sogar freudetrunken in den Armen. Comedy-Ass Ande von Mundstuhl hatte das Leder humorlos zum zum zwischenzeitlichen Ausgleich ins Netz gehämmert. Der Jubel bei der Mixed-Elf aus Ex-Profis (neben Sievers und Linke war auch noch Frank Mill im Einsatz), Sportstars (Dariusz Michalszewski) und Comedians (Guido Cantz) kannte kaum Grenzen. Vergessen war die drückende Überlegenheit von Pochers lustiger Inseltruppe, die von Beginn an das Spiel beherrscht hatte.

Sievers, Linke, Kiefer - das magische Allstar-Dreieck
Überragend präsentierten sich aber die drei Hannoveraner in den Reihen der Allstars. Sievers hechtete, flog und faustete wie zu seinen besten Zeiten. Fußballgott Carsten Linke agierte himmlisch sicher, sein Spiel hatte Hand und Fuß und der knapp 40-Jährige Manager-Assistent ließ das ein oder andere Mal seine unvergleichliche Balltechnik aufblitzen. Überraschend stark in Form war auch Nicolas Kiefer. Das Tennis-Ass schaltete zwei-, dreimal den Turbo an und gab über die rechte Angriffsseite mächtig Gas

Space Cowgirl
05-20-2005, 08:55 PM
did anyone else see the guys on "TV Total" last night? They were only on for about 5 minutes :( . Stefan Raab (host) made a joke about why tennis players seem to be better-looking than footballers. They all looked at Alex Waske when he said that :lol:
But I didn't like how he kind of called them losers because the aren't as successful as Becker was.

I watched the "Sansibar Spezial" afterwards, it was pretty funny but Kiwi was only in a couple of scenes. He should have got a penalty in the match, he was definitely fouled :)

Neely
05-21-2005, 12:59 AM
LOL, these are the typical Raab jokes, but I liked it when Waske replied that they are looking better than football players because they don't do headers with the ball :lol: ... also Raab baited them when he was asking "and who of you will play at Wimbledon this year?" Then Haas fell the trap and replied: "Everybody of us here" and then Raab had them where he wanted them to be and could say "but only always in the first round" LOL :(

Raab: "Who of you has the highest ranking"
Tommy raises his hand.
Raab: "You Tommy? What's your ranking currently?"
Haas: "22"
Raab: "22? Shame on you, you already were better, right?" (and his naughty grin)
Haas: "Yes, I was already at number 2."
Raab: "Damn, that hurts, so close! And who was number 1 at that time?"
Haas: "Lleyton Hewitt."
Raab: "Lleyton Hewitt? Never heard of him!"
Haas: "Yes, some little Australian..."

---

Raab displaying his tennis knowledge:
Raab: "Does Sampras still play?" :rolls: welcome to the year 2005! :p
and then Waske:
"Sure you still can see him playing... in a computer game" :haha: good answer! :yeah:

---

Raab: "How much prize money do you get if you win the World Team Cup?"
Kühnen: "Around 320000 for the whole team".
Raab: "And does the 2nd place also get some money?"
Tommy: "Sure, even the last place gets some"
Raab: "WHAT? The total loser also gets prize money? Can I join this tournament as well?"

---

Then Raab talked about the Olympic doubles final:
Raab: "I watched your doubles final in Athens and stayed up the night, what a drama!"
Kiwi: "Yes, totally. I was completely at the end and cried."
Raab: "I cried too. Because I stayed up so late [for nothing]" you idiot, Raab that joke hurt :o

Raab: "Why are you always only 2nd? 2nd in ranking, only silver medal... why?"
(I believe the one who answered was) Haas: "That's even more motivation for the next time. In three years, there's another chance."
Raab: "Really? Can you still play at 43?" ... lol, a cheap joke :o

---

I also remember that Raab made fun of Kiwi's funny press conference after his loss to ToJo where Kiwi was joking and replied on the question how he is going to deal with this tough loss by saying: "Hm, I don't know. Well, what can I do? Maybe take off tomorrow and don't play at all. Or going to the hotel bar and hang around there. Or I could have a few drinks against the frustration of this loss"

Tommy did most of the talking in the show answering the majority of Raab's questions. Florian and Rainer almost said nothing. IMO they should have been a bit quicker on their feet to return some witty comments of Raab. But then again, this kind of comedy is rather Raab's job than a tennis player's and if you go to this show you know what is waiting for you LOL

Space Cowgirl
06-06-2005, 08:06 PM
did anyone see Kiwi being interviewed on DSF yesterday prior to the Sabatini-Hingis exo match? He seems to have developed a fondness for trucker hats :unsure:
He also said that he's being getting acupuncture for his neck injury. Hopefully it's been doing some good

Neely
06-06-2005, 10:20 PM
did anyone see Kiwi being interviewed on DSF yesterday prior to the Sabatini-Hingis exo match? He seems to have developed a fondness for trucker hats :unsure:
No I didn't see that interview, but the thing with the trucker hats seems to be true. :lol: Not the first time I've seen him wearing these since he is with Wilson. Like Kek said, there would be a few better Wilson caps :lol:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=1756546&postcount=99

kek
06-07-2005, 12:09 AM
I would think he would have read the thread and realize girls don't like the trucker caps. Or maybe as one says, he wants to look like a 70's porn star. This summer when I see him play, I'll be sure and give a dvd of Boogie Nights.

Tricky_Forehand
06-09-2005, 08:59 PM
:lol: I actually don't mind the "trucker" hats :)

knight_ley
06-09-2005, 11:34 PM
i like the trucker hat on him... :drool:

NiciSunflower
06-13-2005, 03:58 PM
As long as he's not wearing feathers sticked to his cap I don't care :rolleyes: :lol:

sol
06-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Congrats on your new "Super Moderator" status, Neely!:yeah:

knight_ley
06-17-2005, 07:00 PM
Congrats on your new "Super Moderator" status, Neely!:yeah:

:bigclap:

Neely
06-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Thanks all... but not sure if that's something to celebrate, lets see what is awaiting me :scared: ;)

kiwifan80
06-17-2005, 11:35 PM
Congratulations :) !!!!!!!! U desereve it

knight_ley
06-18-2005, 04:44 AM
Thanks all... but not sure if that's something to celebrate, lets see what is awaiting me :scared: ;)

of course it is to be celebrated! you are super! :worship:

JMG
07-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Am heutigen Freitag Abend besrtitten die 96-Profis ihren ersten Test der Vorbereitungsphase. Im Benefizspiel beim SV Ahlem stand es vor 2650 Zuschauern am Ende 14:0 (7:0) für die Roten. Die Treffer für die Elf von Ewald Lienen erzielten Idrissou (4), Dabrowski (2), Hashemian, Hahne, Dietwald, Tarnat, Yankov, Schulz, Balitsch sowie der mitwirkende Tennisprofi Nicolas Kiefer. Das Ergebnis war allerdings nebensächlich, ging es doch vor allem darum, der Familie des kürzlich tragisch verstorbenen Trainerspielers des SV Ahlem, Mehdi Kordian, finanziell zu helfen.

SV Ahlem - Hannover 96 0-14 (0-7)

Kiefer scored one goal. :cool:

knight_ley
07-01-2005, 11:54 PM
:yippee: Go Kiwi !!! He must be sooo happy right now!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Neely
07-02-2005, 12:59 PM
UNBELIEVABLE that he scored a goal, a header goal! :smoke: :yippee:

JMG
07-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Hannover 96 won the first test match of the new season 14:0 against SV Ahlem. 2650 spectators have seen the charity game and were sent home lucky.

STATISTICS

Hannover 96 (1st Half): Enke, Marheineke, Vinicius, Frontzeck, Tarnat, Dietwald, Dabrowski, Canizales-Smith, Yankov, Hahne, Hashemian

Hannover 96 (2nd Half): Juric - Halstenberg, Zuraw, Frontzeck, Halfar, Balitsch, Kiefer, Schulz, Schröter, Stajner, Idrissou

Goals: 1:0 Hashemian (5., Tarnat), 2:0 Hahne (17., Yankov), 3:0 Dabrowski ((24., Tarnat), 4:0 Dietwald (30.), 5:0 Tarnat (36., Dietwald), 6:0 Dabrowski (38.), 7:0 Yankov (39., Dietwald), 8:0 Schulz (50., Idrissou), 9:0 Idrissou (52., Schröter), 10:0 Idrissou (53., Halstenberg), 11:0 Balitsch (55., Halfar), 12:0 Kiefer (60., Schröter), 13:0 Idrissou (67., Schröter), 14:0 Idrissou (87.)

Spectators: 2.650

It's from 96's international website - www.96soccer.com

Neely
07-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Isn't it funny that while Federer and Roddick play their Wimbledon final today at 15:00 CET, Kiwi is having his own kick-off playing soccer at the same with his favourite team :lol: :lol:

Go Kiwi, score another goal! :banana: :woohoo:

Hopefully Kiwi has eventually no more time for things like that because he's the one who will have to play the final of the 2nd week of a Grand Slam ;) :angel:

_____

knight_ley
07-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Isn't it funny that while Federer and Roddick play their Wimbledon final today at 15:00 CET, Kiwi is having his own kick-off playing soccer at the same with his favourite team :lol: :lol:

Go Kiwi, score another goal! :banana: :woohoo:

Hopefully Kiwi has eventually no more time for things like that because he's the one who will have to play the final of the 2nd week of a Grand Slam ;) :angel:

_____

Kiwi is going to win the USO this year, so I hope his team is prepared for him not to play soccer that week :angel:

JMG
07-03-2005, 05:51 PM
STATISTIK
Hannover 96 (1st Half): Frank Juric - Mateusz Duraj, Moritz Marheineke, Dariusz Zuraw, Michael Frontzeck - Chavdar Yankov (ab 43. Johannes Dietwald), Hanno Balitsch, Sören Halfar, Michael Tarnat - Hendrik Hahne, Jiri Stajner

Hannover 96 (2nd Half): Robert Enke - Michael Frontzeck, Vincius, Benjamin Halstenberg - Johannes Dietwald, Christoph Dabrowski, Bastian Schulz, Silvio Schröter - Mo Idrissou, Nicolas Kiefer, Vahid Hashemian

Tore: 0:1 Stajner (23.), 0:2 Vinicius (60.), 0:3 Schulz (63.)

Zuschauer: 1500

knight_ley
07-03-2005, 06:18 PM
uh oh i hope this doesn't mean kiwi is going to give up tennis :p

Space Cowgirl
07-03-2005, 07:36 PM
uh oh i hope this doesn't mean kiwi is going to give up tennis :p
according to "Bild" (tabloid newspaper), Kiwi wants to get official authorisation to play as a football pro :eek:

knight_ley
07-03-2005, 08:15 PM
according to "Bild" (tabloid newspaper), Kiwi wants to get official authorisation to play as a football pro :eek:

:banghead: And I complain about going 10 months without seeing him here in the States NOW :lol: ... I'll never see him again if he leaves tennis :bigcry: Let's hope for our own selfish reasons that this is not true, since it is a tabloid :angel:

Neely
07-03-2005, 08:36 PM
noooooooo, I hope that's only a joke or a stupid headline
Kiwi not playing tennis anymore would be a big loss :o
anyway, I doubt if he could make this jump from amateur level to pro level within short time

Neely
07-04-2005, 12:22 AM
On the Hannover page I've read that there is another friendly game for Hannover on Wednesday :lol: Will be Kiwi be invited for this one, too?! I don't think so because this is a "Niedersachsenligist" and a much more higher class opponent than "Kreisklasse" like Helstorf.

@JMG
you football expert, do you know how many leagues are between Kreisklasse and 1. Bundesliga? 8, or 9? :confused: out of interest...

JMG
07-04-2005, 12:08 PM
@JMG
you football expert, do you know how many leagues are between Kreisklasse and 1. Bundesliga? 8, or 9? :confused: out of interest...

I'm not totally sure, but in Hesse Kreisliga A is the 8th league, so it should be the same in lower saxony. Very embarassing score. :o

btw Looks like Kiwi made an assist in that game!

Neely
07-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Very embarassing score. :o
I think so too. If this team they played against is really in such a low league normally, a 3:0 win is under expectations. Should have been more like 8:0 or in double digits.

btw Looks like Kiwi made an assist in that game!
:yeah:

knight_ley
07-04-2005, 08:51 PM
It was posted on Kiwi's site that he's now the #1 ranked German in ATP.

Kiwi comes in at #22 on the ATP entry list, with Tommy Haas right behind him at #23. As far as the Indesit 2005 ATP Race, Kiwi is at #33, once again with Haas right behind him at #34.

Keep it up Kiwi :yeah:

knight_ley
07-09-2005, 11:27 PM
The silence is deafening............. Anyone got anything on Kiwi right now? :awww:

kek
07-10-2005, 02:39 AM
The two weeks after Wimbledon is always slow for me. The Newport tournament is a joke. Nicolas should play there-it would easily give him a title. Then again, I wouldn't want to end my title drought with a win in Newport. I hate the clay and really don't follow any clay courters, so until RCA, it sucks.

This week really was bad because I was used to listening to radio wimbledon over the internet at work. Instead I had to listen to my assistant go on and on about hanging out and partying with the cast of MTV's Real World Austin :rolleyes:

Neely
07-10-2005, 12:48 PM
The silence is deafening............. Anyone got anything on Kiwi right now? :awww:
No, I don't think there is anything new at all. Just such a long time :sobbing:

kiwiteami
07-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Well I'll get some news soon enough,I'm leaving friday morning for Indianapolis and unless he decides to arrive later this week end,I'll probably see him at the hotel on friday..there is a Starbucks there so..it will be pretty easy to find him.! :wavey:

Neely
07-11-2005, 09:09 PM
there is a Starbucks there so..it will be pretty easy to find him.! :wavey:
lol, well said :lol:

JMG
08-16-2005, 06:55 PM
I just saw that list here: To me it looks like it is THE chance for him to win a tournament. :D About a quarter of the list is German. ;)

Ho Chi Minh
1 Puerta, Mariano ARG 9
2 Johansson, Thomas SWE 13
3 Stepanek, Radek CZE 16
4 Novak, Jiri CZE 23
5 Kiefer, Nicolas GER 38
6 Carlsen, Kenneth DEN 54
7 Lee, Hyung-Taik KOR 64
8 Goldstein, Paul USA 67
9 Saulnier, Cyril FRA 69
10 Kohlschreiber, Philipp GER 79
11 Monaco, Juan ARG 82
12 Hernych, Jan CZE 86
13 Popp, Alexander GER 91
14 Burgsmuller, Lars GER 94
15 Wessels, Peter NED 95
16 Vanek, Jiri CZE 96
17 Arthurs, Wayne AUS 98
18 Schuettler, Rainer GER 101
19 Phau, Bjorn GER 107
20 Bjorkman, Jonas SWE 108
21 Moodie, Wesley RSA 112
22 Waske, Alexander GER 114
23 Tipsarevic, Janko SCG 119
24 Dupuis, Antony FRA 122
25 Falla, Alejandro COL 124

rrfnpump
08-24-2005, 06:56 PM
Kiwi has an awesome draw at US
very winnable and many points to gain

1 vs Vanek
2 vs (probably) slumping Stepanek
then maybe slumping Nalbandian

Good luck Kiwi
:b)

Neely
08-24-2005, 08:27 PM
very winnable and many points to gain
It would be great if Kiwi gained point in this tournament! But first, in order to gain points, Kiwi would need to make the quarterfinal (Federer in his way on paper) because he made the 4th round last year

Neely
09-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Kiwi will be at the next Hannover game and he will also a special guest in a football experts talk show on Sunday where they talk about the soccer action of the weekend.

JMG
09-13-2005, 12:13 PM
Kiwi will be at the next Hannover game and he will also a special guest in a football experts talk show on Sunday where they talk about the soccer action of the weekend.

Wow! That means they will talk about 96 and Kiwi is the expert in that discussion. I think it's time to go to Liberec after the show. :cool:

knight_ley
09-13-2005, 09:18 PM

yay! hopefully someone will get screencaps of that for us ;)

Welcome home Dani!!!! Hope you had a nice few days of holiday :) :hug:

Neely
09-13-2005, 10:20 PM
sure, my recorder is already programmed :cool:
unless there is a power outage at the time of this programm, there is no way I would miss it ;)

knight_ley
09-13-2005, 11:09 PM
:woohoo:

You are my fave person :hug:

knight_ley
09-17-2005, 08:41 PM
Guys!! Go to TARGET (if you are in usa) and go back to the tennis section of sporting goods and go find THE KIWI RACKET!!!!!!

urbanjae
09-18-2005, 02:05 AM
Guys!! Go to TARGET (if you are in usa) and go back to the tennis section of sporting goods and go find THE KIWI RACKET!!!!!!

YAY, you found one! Isn't it the greatest thing? Mine is proudly displayed right as you come into my room, so everyone that comes over HAS to see it

knight_ley
09-18-2005, 02:22 AM
I'M NEVER TAKING MINE OUT OF THE WRAPPING! :worship: Amanda :worship: I love you finding them!!!!!!

liptea
09-18-2005, 07:58 AM
AGASSI IS GOOD BECAUSE HE BONES GERMAN CHICKS!!!!!!!!!!!

knight_ley
09-18-2005, 04:08 PM
:haha: tea. You win at life :yeah: When Kiwi is on Conan, we're gonna go and do a stupid skit with them after the first guest. *nods* The four of us will go on tour with our comedy routine :p

urbanjae
09-19-2005, 04:52 AM
I'M NEVER TAKING MINE OUT OF THE WRAPPING! :worship: Amanda :worship: I love you finding them!!!!!!

LMAO. omg i so can't wait for Cincy now; that's going to win w/ our most awesome Kiwi racquets :woohoo: :lol:

liptea
09-19-2005, 05:58 PM
:haha: Niti. You win at life :yeah: When Kiwi is on Conan, we're gonna go and do a stupid skit with them after the first guest. *nods* The four of us will go on tour with our comedy routine :p

hahaha, yes! Our skit can be a reenactment of Kiwi deciding to whip out his pisser in the middle of Florida.

JMG
09-30-2005, 10:38 AM
Kiefer withdrew from Tokyo. :mad: Remember that he played his worst tennis on indoors this year (Beck, Henman, Moodie, (Zimonjic)). And now he's thinking that 4 tournaments are enough for him to have success. With Tokyo and Vietnam he would have had a realistic chance to make the top20 this year. :rolleyes:

kek
09-30-2005, 11:55 AM
It doesn't surprise me since he withdrew from Vietnam, it didn't make sense to fly to Asia for one tournament.

Neely
12-31-2005, 05:27 PM
http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/00009169.gif A Happy New Year to all Kiwi fans here!!! http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/00009169.gif

linus
12-31-2005, 07:35 PM
:wavey: Frohes Neues Jahr dears :angel:

kfh_9118
12-31-2005, 11:49 PM
Happy New Year 2006 :aparty:

I am sure we all here wish Kiwi to win a title or more in 2006 :angel:

Tennisqueen
01-01-2006, 12:34 PM
:wavey: Happy new year! :wavey:

kiwiteami
01-01-2006, 04:10 PM
:wavey: Happy new year! :wavey:

Happy new year to everyone.Lets hope that Kiwi wins a few tournaments this year and that he stays fit,with no injuries.

knight_ley
01-25-2006, 10:07 PM
I have a pretty random question... How exactly do you pronouce Sascha Nensel? Thanks! :)

urbanjae
01-25-2006, 10:35 PM
I have a pretty random question... How exactly do you pronouce Sascha Nensel? Thanks! :)

I can't answer that question, but wasn't it great that Sascha had on THE trucker hat??! LMAO. We SO need to get one to go with our poster/NNK/racquet collection :haha:

nihil66
01-25-2006, 10:37 PM
sascha: "such a" but instead of "ch" make "sh"-> susha
nensel: should be easy i guess: nen-zell

knight_ley
01-25-2006, 10:38 PM
I can't answer that question, but wasn't it great that Sascha had on THE trucker hat??! LMAO. We SO need to get one to go with our poster/NNK/racquet collection :haha:

:haha: I WAS FREAKING OUT! :lol: I guess Sascha wears Kiwi's hat for safe keeping while Kiwi is playing. :lol: I love that he had it on!!!!!!! Or maybe he has a matching one and they walk around town together sporting the same hott Wilson Trucker Hat. Maybe thats what the mystery photoshoot was for! I heart Sascha... I am very glad he and Kiwi are together :yeah:

knight_ley
01-25-2006, 10:39 PM
sascha: "such a" but instead of "ch" make "sh"-> susha
nensel: should be easy i guess: nen-zell

:yeah: Thank you!!!

Neely
01-25-2006, 10:44 PM
yes, to say in German "Sascha" be careful with the 'a' and don't pronounce the "a" like the article in American English, but say it like the 'a' in park or parking

I hope you understand this explanation ;)

kek
01-25-2006, 11:45 PM
ah the beauty of Nicolas being with Diadora, is no more trucker hat for him ;) I would think he would have to wear Diadora off court as well. I'm sorry, I never liked the hat. He is too old to be wearing that type of hat.

So how old do you think Sascha is? In my own weird way, he isn't too bad looking :p But then again, Karine makes fun of me when I say that Chela isn't bad either as long as he keeps his teeth hidden. So I don't know if my taste in men is way off or not these days.

knight_ley
01-26-2006, 12:15 AM
ah the beauty of Nicolas being with Diadora, is no more trucker hat for him ;) I would think he would have to wear Diadora off court as well. I'm sorry, I never liked the hat. He is too old to be wearing that type of hat.

So how old do you think Sascha is? In my own weird way, he isn't too bad looking :p But then again, Karine makes fun of me when I say that Chela isn't bad either as long as he keeps his teeth hidden. So I don't know if my taste in men is way off or not these days.

Too bad I heard that Diadoria is currently making new trucker hats with their logo on them just for Kiwi ;) in plenty of pretty colors :p

knight_ley
01-26-2006, 12:17 AM
We SO need to get one to go with our poster/NNK/racquet collection :haha:

You know, I was gonna go online tonight & look for his Diadora hat, but I think you are onto something here. The next item for Kiefer's Army shall be the Wilson trucker hat!!!!!! Ready.............................break! Find it! :devil:

kiwiteami
01-26-2006, 01:04 AM
Too bad I heard that Diadoria is currently making new trucker hats with their logo on them just for Kiwi ;) in plenty of pretty colors :p

what? Are you joking? I hate the trucker hat.anyway about Sasha,it is his own hat,he had it last year in indianapolis.and someone asked about Sasha's age,he is 35.

knight_ley
01-26-2006, 03:15 AM
what? Are you joking? I hate the trucker hat.anyway about Sasha,it is his own hat,he had it last year in indianapolis.and someone asked about Sasha's age,he is 35.

lol i kid... but Amanda and I have started a letter writing campaign to Diadora to get them manufacturing them :devil:

urbanjae
01-26-2006, 03:17 AM

awww, c'mon ... the trucker hat is the hottest thing ever. second only to the mr. t starter kit, of course :drool:

;)

knight_ley
01-26-2006, 03:19 AM
awww, c'mon ... the trucker hat is the hottest thing ever. second only to the mr. t starter kit, of course :drool:

;)

AMEN.

kiwifan80
01-26-2006, 05:49 AM

I agree. Ditch it Kiwi :cool:

knight_ley
01-26-2006, 07:53 PM
AMANDA! I meant to send you a message on MySpace but I just left and am too lazy to go back :lol: but I GOT THE KIWI DVD TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahaha I love the picture medley before the interview! I was cracking up it's sooo cute!!!!!!! THANK YOU LOVELY I LOVE YOU AND THIS IS WHY YOU'RE MY TENNIS BFF!!!!!!

Now find the Wilson hat! :p

urbanjae
01-26-2006, 08:54 PM
AMANDA! I meant to send you a message on MySpace but I just left and am too lazy to go back :lol: but I GOT THE KIWI DVD TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahaha I love the picture medley before the interview! I was cracking up it's sooo cute!!!!!!! THANK YOU LOVELY I LOVE YOU AND THIS IS WHY YOU'RE MY TENNIS BFF!!!!!!

Now find the Wilson hat! :p

YAY!!! It's a good thing I sent it priority mail then ... it's a great way to start out the Kiwi party!! ;) Isn't he lovely in it??

I'm still looking for tennis bff necklaces in addition to the trucker hat woot!!

liptea
01-26-2006, 10:22 PM
:) Kiefer for PResident!

JMG
03-28-2006, 02:20 PM
As the best tennis player in Germany, Kiwi was allowed to select the team captain for the World Team Cup, :devil: but of course he picked Kühnen and also said that Kühnen can select the players #3 and #4.

Neely
03-28-2006, 10:56 PM
As the best tennis player in Germany, Kiwi was allowed to select the team captain for the World Team Cup, :devil: but of course he picked Kühnen and also said that Kühnen can select the players #3 and #4.
just imagine what would have happened if he picked NOT Kühnen :lol:
outrage!!! Randale, Skandal!!!

K-Fan
05-01-2006, 05:42 PM
I.love.Kiwi :)

Neely
05-01-2006, 08:43 PM
I.love.Kiwi :)
welcome! :bigwave:
congrats on posting something, too :) I see you took quite a while since registration ;)

knight_ley
06-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Has anyone noticed that Kiwi's homepage is a tad different? The one you click on to get in... Just thought I'd mention it :lol:

Phoe
06-15-2006, 07:00 PM
oh yes, it must be pretty new, i realliced it as well just now. with the 96ers shirt!

Kiwi7
06-18-2006, 08:38 PM
talking about his shirt, Robredo wrote this in his blog (back in May):
I also watched a little of the Kiefer match. He's creating quite a stir wearing his name and the number 69 on the back of his shirt. I don't know what the story is with the number but I'll try to find out. I can think of three possible answers: It's his lucky number, the number has been given to him by his football team, Hanover, or... I don't even want to think about the third reason.
LOL :angel:

Phoe
06-19-2006, 08:58 PM
oh yeah, that was cool, :haha: we discussed it already...

Kiwi7
06-20-2006, 11:42 AM
oooops, sorry :tape: i think i need to read back some pages this weekend
robredo is funny :devil:

Phoe
06-21-2006, 02:36 PM
oh yeah he´s cool. I think Kiefer should fight him more often, instead of coria (don´t like him)

Neely
07-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Damn, so long no Kiwi :sad: :sobbing:

Now that the World Cup is over I could concentrate on tennis again a little bit ;)

I hope he can start playing soon again :yeah:

knight_ley
07-11-2006, 03:53 AM
I paid attention to the world cup a bit. I think I watched like four matches. The last one being Germany vs. Italy. And I watched Germany vs. Poland. And two England matches. :shrug: I tried. :lol: I'm American, to my friends all I did was watch soccer :p

I'M GLAD YOU'RE BACK THOUGH DANI!!!!!!

JMG
07-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Obviously he couldn't accept a wc for Indianapolis due to the injury, look at the Indianapolis thread. :( I hope they will offer him one for LA too.

knight_ley
07-11-2006, 01:58 PM
I thought he wasn't coming back till Washington? Or has that changed?

kiwifan80
07-13-2006, 05:41 AM
He's coming back @ Washington. I was also hoping he'd play the RCA, but then I found this:

July 10, 2006
Hoosier Digest

Rusedski out of RCAs

Greg Rusedski, the 2002 RCA Championships winner, has withdrawn from next week's tournament at the Indianapolis Tennis Center because of a hip injury.

RCA Championships director Kevin Martin had been set to announce that Nicolas Kiefer had accepted a wild card, but the 15th-ranked Kiefer determined this weekend that the wrist he injured at the French Open had not healed enough to play. Two wild cards remain for the tournament, which begins a week from today.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060710/SPORTS/607100369/-1/ZONES04

Phoe
07-13-2006, 01:12 PM
oh no, that can´t be true! no Nicolas untill August! :sad: I can´t belive it... looks like i´ve got to learn instead... (huge exam in august) :mad:

Neely
07-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Yes, a very long time until Kiwi can play again :sad:

The only good thing is that when he returns I can probably follow tennis much more again than now currently as I'm a bit short in time depending on the day and this will keep on for the next two weeks or so.

Neely
07-13-2006, 11:21 PM
I paid attention to the world cup a bit. I think I watched like four matches. The last one being Germany vs. Italy. And I watched Germany vs. Poland. And two England matches. :shrug: I tried. :lol: I'm American, to my friends all I did was watch soccer :p
Niiiiice, I'm proud of you :hug:
You watched four soccer matches! :aparty: :woohoo:

:)

Too bad that England sucked a bit, I had the feeling they could never get into gear. I know you probably watched because of David Beckham mostly ;) He struggled with some stomach illness if I remember. But I rooted for England also because I like their teams and the way they are playing.

knight_ley
07-14-2006, 04:19 AM
Niiiiice, I'm proud of you :hug:
You watched four soccer matches! :aparty: :woohoo:

:)

Too bad that England sucked a bit, I had the feeling they could never get into gear. I know you probably watched because of David Beckham mostly ;) He struggled with some stomach illness if I remember. But I rooted for England also because I like their teams and the way they are playing.

I definately only watched the England matched for Beckham. :lol: I will not lie. But Germany I watched in full support cuz I always cheer for Germany in international play. (But I must say that Ballack is not so bad on the eyes. :p)

knight_ley
07-24-2006, 04:41 AM
Where is everyone??

kiwifan80
07-25-2006, 12:50 PM
Where is everyone??

I know it's been really quiet around here for a while. It's just due to Kiwi's inactivity, but I also find myself more at wtaworld than the menstennisforums anyway 4 some reason- But I'm def gunna b around more often. There's still other stuff to talk about :wavey:

Yappa
07-28-2006, 10:46 AM
C'mon Kiefer!!!!!! :)

Still no news about him possibly not playing in Washington, so theres hope.

JMG
07-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Now he's out. :o Would be typical for him if he didn't play Toronto and Cincinnati either.

Yappa
07-28-2006, 02:46 PM
:sad:

Maybe he can atleast play the 2nd AMS and get a WC for New Haven.

kiwifan80
07-28-2006, 08:03 PM
I hope he can play toronto, but I know that's a BIG ask. If not then at least I hope he's healthy enough for New Haven

zethand
07-29-2006, 04:47 AM
can someone tell him we are dying to see him play :(

Neely
07-29-2006, 11:22 AM
zethand, I'm also dying to see him playing again :sad: :sobbing:

I'm not sure when would be a realistic return date. He said he wants to play again the US Open. So maybe one tournament before, New Haven? Could be.

But mentally I'm almost prepared that he will miss the two Masters... unfortunately :sad:

JMG
07-31-2006, 12:15 PM
It has to be the most unexpected news this year. Kiwi won't play the Daviscup playoffs!

:eek:

It's better for him not to play I think, but I'm also sure that Kühnen is offended by the decision. I hope that idiot won't criticize Kiefer again in the press.

I mean he will probably play US Open and Beijing before Daviscup, so it might be a strange decision for some people.

Now the schedule is (Toronto, Cincinnati), USO, Beijing, -, Mumbai, Tokyo.

Neely
07-31-2006, 07:12 PM
Unreal, I also never thought that :eek: :eek:
But it won't hurt the team, they need to beat Thailand to beat with Haas and Kohlschreiber in singles, too.

But it's okay to say it as early as possible, so the others know what they are up to.

But the people who always like to critisize Kiefer will use this decision to slag him off. Yes, it's a strange decision for sure. But who knows what's going on behind closed doors or what his real reasons are :shrug:

Yappa
07-31-2006, 11:04 PM
Yes, very disappointing. I doubt, he'll even be able to play the US Open. Hopefully he'll be back this season, whenever that might be.

What he said in the press release, makes sense to me. If he loses in a first round match of a tournament due to his lack of fitness, then that is his problem. If he loses a DC rubber (or even has to retire) due to the same reason though, then thats a problem for the whole team.

JMG
08-11-2006, 12:39 PM
www.hannover96.de/MEDIA/7537,0.pdf

He's still listed as Hannover 96 player '#69' on page 7, where you can buy the jerseys. :angel:

JMG
08-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Two more weeks to wait. :sad:

knight_ley
08-12-2006, 03:16 AM

He's still listed as Hannover 96 player '#69' on page 7, where you can buy the jerseys. :angel:

:eek: I love that! I don't understand that though and I tried to look around on the website but of course the english version has nothing listed in the store :lol: I'll have to figure it out or email them when I get home from Toronto. :yeah:

Neely
08-12-2006, 01:20 PM

lol, it's a bit funny... the names of the players with their numbers and then... #69 Kiefer :lol:

Yappa
08-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Yeah, its indeed funny. I wonder how many ppl are going to order this shirt just due to the number, actually not knowing who Kiefer is :D

Any news if he started practicing?

Neely
08-14-2006, 03:14 PM
No idea what's going on with him! :shrug:

knight_ley
08-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Dani, I love the new avatar!!!!! :yeah:

Neely
08-15-2006, 03:01 AM
Dani, I love the new avatar!!!!! :yeah:
:) yeah, it was about time for a change :) :yeah:
grass season is over now :p
but I will temporarily bring a new one for some time to celebrate the start of the basketball World Champs

quiz question: who knows after what match this reaction took place? ;)

knight_ley
08-15-2006, 03:47 AM
quiz question: who knows after what match this reaction took place? ;)

I know it was AO this year.............. Was it Chela?????? or Paradorn? Maybe Paradorn...... BLAH. I even have the picture saved (i was trying to cheat) but it is just in my AO folder....... not under a specific match. Blah.

Neely
08-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Yes, AO this year. It was against Chicken Pox after he slammed down an ace on match point to win and then had a big cry-out to Nensel. Damn, I really loved this scene. Kiwi on his knees with the fist pump and the racket in his hand shouting to Sascha :lol: :angel:

knight_ley
08-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Yes, AO this year. It was against Chicken Pox after he slammed down an ace on match point to win and then had a big cry-out to Nensel. Damn, I really loved this scene. Kiwi on his knees with the fist pump and the racket in his hand shouting to Sascha :lol: :angel:

BLAH! I WAS GONNA SAY POX BUT WHEN I WENT TO CHEAT AND LOOK THRU MY 2006 AO FOLDER, I HAVE ONE IN THERE JUST WITH PIX FROM THAT MATCH AND THAT ONE WASN'T IN IT. :ras: to myself. :lol:

I miss him........................................ :sad:

Neely
08-15-2006, 06:18 PM
BLAH! I WAS GONNA SAY POX BUT WHEN I WENT TO CHEAT AND LOOK THRU MY 2006 AO FOLDER, I HAVE ONE IN THERE JUST WITH PIX FROM THAT MATCH AND THAT ONE WASN'T IN IT. :ras: to myself. :lol:

I miss him........................................ :sad:
I would have loved to see this reaction from the opposite side, but unfortunately they didn't show it different on TV, so I had to take this cap... or if he just held his racket in the other hand. But nevertheless, it was great reaction :D :cool:

knight_ley
09-11-2006, 04:13 AM
On Kiwi's site he has something about GQ magazine. Is he in the current issue in Germany? I see there's a link to GQ.com, but I was wondering if it is also in the printed version....

rrfnpump
09-11-2006, 10:17 AM
On Kiwi's site he has something about GQ magazine. Is he in the current issue in Germany? I see there's a link to GQ.com, but I was wondering if it is also in the printed version....

Kiwi is asked about his idols
the report will be published in the september edition

his first mention is Kolumbus :tape:

knight_ley
09-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Kiwi is asked about his idols
the report will be published in the september edition

his first mention is Kolumbus :tape:

OOH. I will have to find a German friend to pick it up for me! :yeah:

CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS SAILED THE OCEAN BLUE IN 1492.

See, I remember some things that I learned in the first grade. :)

knight_ley
08-24-2007, 07:22 PM
From now on, if anyone sees anything about Kiwi having signings or something like that, could you post it on here? Some of us don't regular his site since it's not in English and sometimes miss things we could have otherwise attended. Thanks.

Neely
08-24-2007, 07:55 PM
From now on, if anyone sees anything about Kiwi having signings or something like that, could you post it on here? Some of us don't regular his site since it's not in English and sometimes miss things we could have otherwise attended. Thanks.
I hope you could not have gone today because he had a signing session today! :(

Am kommenden Freitag (24. August) werden Nicolas Kiefer und seine Diadora-Kollegen im Mason’s Tennis Mart (56 E 53rd St. - zwischen Park and Madison Ave.) in Manhattan die neuste Diadora-Kollektion präsentieren und danach den Medienvertretern Rede und Antwort stehen.

Der Zeitplan:
12:30 Uhr: Fototermin
12.45 Uhr: Autogrammstunde
13.30 Uhr: Medientalk

knight_ley
08-24-2007, 07:58 PM
I hope you could not have gone today because he had a signing session today! :(

Yea I could have gone today and I found out after it had begun. :mad:

Neely
08-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Yea I could have gone today and I found out after it had begun. :mad:
This sucks, I wasn't much of a help either because I didn't look on his page since he lost in Cincy.

Damn, you should have reminded me earlier :smash:

:lol: :devil:

knight_ley
08-24-2007, 08:16 PM
This sucks, I wasn't much of a help either because I didn't look on his page since he lost in Cincy.

Damn, you should have reminded me earlier :smash:

:lol: :devil:

Unfortunately I just assumed that any news like that would be posted on here since last years singing and other signings are posted on here. I'm just very mad cuz we could have gone today and now instead of being up there meeting him I'm sitting on my couch. At least Mardy is on the tv.... :o

Yappa
08-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Well, the same happened to me when he had a signing session in Hamburg, so I know how you feel. :)