Thursday OOP, Results and SCORES [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Thursday OOP, Results and SCORES

Fee
03-04-2004, 02:52 AM
Center Court
12:00 PM
Victor Hanescu (ROM) vs. Robin Soderling (SWE)
followed by (Q) Cecil Mamiit (USA) vs. [2] Martin Verkerk (NED)
followed by Jan-Michael Gambill (USA) vs. Lars Burgsmuller (GER)

6:30 PM
[1] Andy Roddick (USA) vs. (WC) Alex Bogomolov (USA)
followed by [4] Rick Leach (USA) / Brian MacPhie (USA) vs. Dmitry Tursunov (RUS) / Brian Vahaly (USA)

Clubhouse
2:00 PM / - -- vs. Nicolas Kiefer (GER) / Wesley Moodie (RSA)

Havok
03-04-2004, 03:08 AM
go Andy, and no 5 minute tirades this time!

SanTaureau Fan
03-04-2004, 05:00 AM
A 10 minut one!

Scotty5
03-04-2004, 05:34 AM
Hmmm ... Fee, who're you rooting for in that 3rd match?

JK - glad to see J-M back on a good streak
('course I'd also like to see J-M streaking, but that's a different subject)

Deboogle!.
03-04-2004, 03:44 PM
I'll be there tonight. If Andy goes on a tirade I'll jump the wall, go on the court, and smack him upside the head MYSELF!!!!!

Deboogle!.
03-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Oh and it's raining out right now at 9:45am, so I wouldn't be shocked if play is delayed a little. It's a small system though and it's supposed to move out of the area around noon. but I've learned pretty quickly that the weather guys here have no clue what's going on.

Lee
03-04-2004, 05:31 PM
I'll be there tonight. If Andy goes on a tirade I'll jump the wall, go on the court, and smack him upside the head MYSELF!!!!!

Is the security that bad in Scottsdale ;) :lol:

Lee
03-04-2004, 05:33 PM
Oh and it's raining out right now at 9:45am, so I wouldn't be shocked if play is delayed a little. It's a small system though and it's supposed to move out of the area around noon. but I've learned pretty quickly that the weather guys here have no clue what's going on.

:haha: I do a better job predicting weather than they do and I only live here 18 months. :haha:

Mr Intensity
03-04-2004, 07:34 PM
So has the start been delayed?

Fee
03-04-2004, 07:59 PM
It's still raining and play has not started yet, so everything is behind. Could be a long day.

Lee
03-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Not much hope there. The sun has not made its appearance so far whole day. I'm not sure it's better where the tournament site is but from my house, it's bad.

Mr Intensity
03-04-2004, 09:54 PM
I've heard the matches have started and Soderling has been moved to another court. Is this right? Has anybody got any scores?

Lolo
03-04-2004, 10:19 PM
the same guy as in betfair!?... how small the world can be... yeah...difficult to get scores for the match...backed Söderling around 1.5... should win this one but never sure... :)

Mr Intensity
03-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Yep, thats me.

Fin090
03-04-2004, 10:27 PM
Also of PuntersLounge fame. :) I got Soderling and Gambill double.

Mr Intensity
03-04-2004, 10:28 PM
I see my reputation preceeds me.

Fee
03-05-2004, 12:04 AM
Thursday afternoon matches have all been moved to tomorrow. They are still planning to play Andy v Alex tonight at 6:30 pm, weather permitting.

Neely
03-05-2004, 12:13 AM
ESPN homepage says that Verkerk won the 1st set 6-2, trailing in the second 0-2.

No news about Soderling/Hanescu so far...

Tricky_Forehand
03-05-2004, 12:25 AM
Thursday afternoon matches have all been moved to tomorrow. They are still planning to play Andy v Alex tonight at 6:30 pm, weather permitting.

I hope so because I think I ran out of things to occupy myself today and that'll put me in big trouble for tomorrow :p

Lee
03-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Sorry folks! It's raining cats and dogs out there. Some places have nickel size hail. I doubt the match can start anytime soon.

Tricky_Forehand
03-05-2004, 12:31 AM
DAMN!! I don't know whether to :banghead: or :bigcry: .

I didn't want Alex to have to play two matches tomorrow :(

Neely
03-05-2004, 12:36 AM
ESPN says:

Robin Soderling leads Victor Hanescu 3-2

-wokkel-
03-05-2004, 12:56 AM
PLAY SUSPENDED FOR THE DAY BY RAIN

Fee
03-05-2004, 12:57 AM
Tonight's session has been cancelled. All matches will be played tomorrow. I'll keep checking for a new order of play. The tournament office is a bit swamped right now, with all the phones calls.

Lee
03-05-2004, 01:06 AM
Sorry Bunk! Hope you can get in tomorrow!

Neely
03-05-2004, 01:10 AM
wow, everything cancelled for the complete day?
that will be a tough task to get all the matches in? There are still some 2nd round matches to play if I get this right? Wow, really... how do they want to do that? letting them play two matches at one day? phew :eek:

Tricky_Forehand
03-05-2004, 01:57 AM
Yep, two matches in one day. Only good news is that if Alex can get done soon enough in the early morning he'll have several hours to rest before the night session ;) .

Lee, have you heard what the weather is supposed to be like tomorrow? I'm wondering if this was the same storm LA had last week. It packed a hell of a punch but moved on quickly.

Havok
03-05-2004, 02:10 AM
why does it ALWAYS rain in Scottsdale:lol: now this is bad because a shitload of players have to play 2 times in one day, and it will be very weird to schedule these matches. and leading into IW, if i were someone i would try my best but if the rain keeps up i would pull out(and by this i mean Andy, since he's the only one there capable of winning IW)

Lee
03-05-2004, 02:38 AM
Yep, two matches in one day. Only good news is that if Alex can get done soon enough in the early morning he'll have several hours to rest before the night session ;) .

Lee, have you heard what the weather is supposed to be like tomorrow? I'm wondering if this was the same storm LA had last week. It packed a hell of a punch but moved on quickly.

It will be another 2 hours before the late night news with weather forecast. But, I don't really trust it. The forecast for this week was rain on Tuesday and clear up on Wednesday and mainly part sun/cloud for the week and we all see what actually happen.

Lee
03-05-2004, 02:43 AM
why does it ALWAYS rain in Scottsdale:lol: now this is bad because a shitload of players have to play 2 times in one day, and it will be very weird to schedule these matches. and leading into IW, if i were someone i would try my best but if the rain keeps up i would pull out(and by this i mean Andy, since he's the only one there capable of winning IW)

It does not always rain in Scottsdale. Scottsdale is in the middle of Sonoran Desert, the 2nd largest in North America.

Unfortunately, it always rain in this week. This week was used to be the women tournament. Last year, Ai had to play 4 matches on Sunday to claim her 1st single title and won double with Kim. There's another year that Hingis and Davenport shared the pot because the final was rained out. I know this tournament will be in a mess when it was moved ahead because of IW. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tricky_Forehand
03-05-2004, 04:00 AM
and leading into IW, if i were someone i would try my best but if the rain keeps up i would pull out(and by this i mean Andy, since he's the only one there capable of winning IW)

Nice way of showing respect to the other players :rolleyes:

Lee
03-05-2004, 04:27 AM
OK! The weather forecast called for foggy morning (as expected with all the moisture in the air) and the sun will break up during the day. The weekend will be sunny and temperature back up to 80s.

Desperately hope they are correct this time.

Deboogle!.
03-06-2004, 04:36 PM
OK! The weather forecast called for foggy morning (as expected with all the moisture in the air) and the sun will break up during the day. The weekend will be sunny and temperature back up to 80s.

Desperately hope they are correct this time.

Well they appear to be. Yesterday (Friday) was beautiful, great day for tennis.

Thursday was so horrible. We got to the tourney at 6ish and the night session had already been cancelled so we exchanged tix for Friday. whew