2007 plans [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

2007 plans

Via
11-18-2006, 07:09 AM
i just peek into seb's forum, and there's the news that arnaud will be playing in adelaide :) (since they are now sharing bruno as coach so apparently they will try to syncronise their schedules)

i wish seb's fans would've told me earlier, but i'm happy to hear some news anyway :cool:

Via
11-21-2006, 09:00 PM
arnaud is confirmed for adelaide and is currently 8th on the entry list :D

he's guraranteed at least two matches by the new RR system :tape:

Anne-Claire
11-21-2006, 10:41 PM
arnaud is confirmed for adelaide and is currently 8th on the entry list :D

he's guraranteed at least two matches by the new RR system :tape:

Hi!!

Yes, he wasn't sure wether he'll be playing Adelaide this year because he's not very keen on the RR system... but finally, his 1st tournament will be in Adelaide :)

Oh and for those who are interested... if you live near Belgium.. Nono will be in Ostende along with belgian players Kris Vliegen and Malisse and Robredo to play an exo on Dec 2nd and 3rd :bounce:

Via
11-21-2006, 11:47 PM
Hi!!

Yes, he wasn't sure wether he'll be playing Adelaide this year because he's not very keen on the RR system... but finally, his 1st tournament will be in Adelaide :)

do you have quotes from arnaud that he isn't keen about RR? i'd love to hear them ;)

Oh and for those who are interested... if you live near Belgium.. Nono will be in Ostende along with belgian players Kris Vliegen and Malisse and Robredo to play an exo on Dec 2nd and 3rd :bounce:

good news for fans nearby.

all these exos make you wonder if players really have a problem with a long season though :tape: i mean, as long as they make money without having to try too hard, they can play as much as fans demand!!!

esther
11-22-2006, 06:34 AM
May make a trip to Adelaide... Are you going Via?

carofr
11-22-2006, 01:30 PM
hello i m going to adelaide for supporting nono
maybe we could meet

Anne-Claire
11-22-2006, 05:35 PM
do you have quotes from arnaud that he isn't keen about RR? i'd love to hear them ;)

Nope, don't have quotes, as he said that directly to a friend of mine. but finally, he will try the new system...

good news for fans nearby.

all these exos make you wonder if players really have a problem with a long season though :tape: i mean, as long as they make money without having to try too hard, they can play as much as fans demand!!!

Yes that's true, I was really surprised that he ll be playing an exo... but they should be offered quite a lot of money to do it!! But it's only 2 matchs so... not really tiring... I will be curious to know how much money the organisators has to play to have those players :) Dunno wether I'm going or not... will be a lot of money only for a week end, and tickets are expensive for an exo 30€/day for only 2 matchs....

Via
11-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Nope, don't have quotes, as he said that directly to a friend of mine. but finally, he will try the new system...

phewww... we didn't know how close we were to losing arnaud from adelaide !!!!! lol

as for the exo, well perhaps he should donate some to sponsor loyal fans like you to go to see him! ;) it's true, exos are always more expensive everywhere, similar for davis cup too, so much to pay for so few matches.

May make a trip to Adelaide... Are you going Via?

esther:eek: :eek: :eek: what have i done this time? :sobbing: :crying2: :rain:

:nerner: why adelaide? for memorial drive, or barossa valley??:aplot:

i can't go, dear.... i'd be keen to see more of richie and (a-c's) nole too not just arnaud but i'd be happy if i could just make it to homebush bay. come over to sydney, it would be more fun and you'd meet more fans too :wavey:

looks like carofr and esther could meet.... are you from france?

Marine
11-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Can someone explain me what's the " RR system" ??
(C'est les poules ??)

If it's what I mean, I read Arnaud's opinion about that in l'Equipe, I can answer, but I need to be sure I don't confuse with something else.

Anne-Claire
11-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Can someone explain me what's the " RR system" ??
(C'est les poules ??)

Yes, c'est les poules!! les abbréviations = Round Robin system.

Anne-Claire
11-22-2006, 10:17 PM
Hi Via!!!!

phewww... we didn't know how close we were to losing arnaud from adelaide !!!!! lol(

Yep, He was hesitating... but finally he'll be down under..;)

as for the exo, well perhaps he should donate some to sponsor loyal fans like you to go to see him! ;) it's true, exos are always more expensive everywhere, similar for davis cup too, so much to pay for so few matches.

I like your idea Via on how to spend Nono's money :haha:

i can't go, dear.... i'd be keen to see more of richie and (a-c's) nole too not just arnaud but i'd be happy if i could just make it to homebush bay. come over to sydney, it would be more fun and you'd meet more fans too :wavey:

Adelaide draw is really interesting... well at least for me :yeah: but one friend of mine (Caro) is going to Adelaide so that's cool she could watch Nole for me and give me reports and details lol:) Then, I have friends going to the OZ open... so Ill be updated lol

Via, I think that Nole and nono may go to Sydney... so sure you'll be able to catch them there.... lucky you:wavey:

Via
11-22-2006, 10:18 PM
people (like me) have been debating forever on general about this new Round Robin (RR) system for atp tournaments.

i have yet to find any comments from arnaud. he isn't a 'top player' so his opinion is not valuable :rolleyes:

but if he had seriously re-considered coming to adelaide, a tournament that he has supported over the years, then i know enough how he feels. but then, notre nono, tends to be a bit stubborn about most things anyway :lol:

Via
11-22-2006, 10:30 PM
I like your idea Via on how to spend Nono's money :haha:
:lol: is it too much to ask? spending his money?? we've spent a lot on him over the years.... how about the other way round :p

Adelaide draw is really interesting... well at least for me :yeah: but one friend of mine (Caro) is going to Adelaide so that's cool she could watch Nole for me and give me reports and details lol:) Then, I have friends going to the OZ open... so Ill be updated lol
you mean carofr who just posted? that's cool... although if esther's going we won't be missing on any single detail report either :tape: :wavey:

Via, I think that Nole and nono may go to Sydney... so sure you'll be able to catch them there.... lucky you:wavey:
i am counting on arnaud turning up at sydney... i never thought he wouldn't !!!!! didn't seb say he will join arnaud and bruno in sydney???

there's going to be a great field in sydney next year :devil: my only fear is that i don't have the energy to run after so many :p

Kezzi
11-22-2006, 10:40 PM
I live next to Belgium and wanted to go to Oostende, but I can't.
Have to work both days, because people have to buy presents for the holidays :( . Why can't they do that on monday? :p

esther
11-23-2006, 11:05 AM
adelaide was just a random idea prazz and i had...Maybe we will come to Sydney instead!!!

esther
11-23-2006, 11:10 AM
would it be hard / expensive to get accomadation etc?

Anne-Claire
11-23-2006, 05:15 PM
:lol: is it too much to ask? spending his money?? we've spent a lot on him over the years.... how about the other way round :p

For sure.... :haha:

you mean carofr who just posted? :wavey:

Yep :)

Can't wait for the season to start!!

I hope to be able to go to Rotterdam or/and Marseille but once again, it'll depend on work... and vacations lol :yippee:

Marine
11-23-2006, 09:41 PM

He said (in l'Equipe) he really doesn't like this system.
At first, he thinks it's not good to lose a match and not to be directly out..
Matches won't be interesting. He said "Tennis is not the champions league ! " (football)
They won't lose anymore at first round like it happens sometimes.

Personly I agree with him. I don't like the "RR system" in football for example.

Kezzi
11-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Matches won't be interesting. He said "Tennis is not the champions league ! " (football)

Personly I agree with him. I don't like the "RR system" in football for example.
I also agree with him. I don't like the RR system and I also don't understand why they want to change everything. First doubles and now this :fiery: .

Via
11-23-2006, 10:21 PM

can i quote your quote (:) ) on general's threads?

i don't like the idea for the way it gives more advantage to guys who have already got there... also with a tennis field of 32+ players it will be complicated to implement.

however with arnaud's current ranking he should be protected by the new system:p maybe he's looking forward to the years he has left? lol or he still remembers not too long ago when he fought hard to get back into the top 100....

Via
11-23-2006, 10:28 PM
For sure.... :haha:

you give me the impression that arnaud must be a miser with money:aplot:

I hope to be able to go to Rotterdam or/and Marseille but once again, it'll depend on work... and vacations lol :yippee:
yup the season's starting all over again... how time flies

would it be hard / expensive to get accomadation etc?
depends on your budget...
if you behave.... maybe i'll let you sleep in my attic :lol:
is prazz still in melbourne??:eek: i haven't heard for a long time.

esther
11-24-2006, 02:46 AM
How many tournaments are going to be using the RR system???? And from when???

nah prazz is in france and has been for the past...6 months or so! she'll be back in december.

Via
12-10-2006, 12:27 AM
arnaud is officially entered into sydney's tournament :bounce:

most other top frenchies are coming too... richard, seb, julien benneteau, fabrice, paulo.... would you believe it !!!! is sydney getting famous for french food or what :confused: :p

Via
12-10-2006, 01:06 AM
How many tournaments are going to be using the RR system???? And from when???

a number of smaller tournaments from 2007 - as a 'trial'. adelaide will be the first to go. arnaud will grudgingly go with it :lol:

you can search for more info at the general forum:p

Anne-Claire
12-10-2006, 01:51 PM

most other top frenchies are coming too... richard, seb, julien benneteau, fabrice, paulo.... would you believe it !!!! is sydney getting famous for french food or what :confused: :p

Hey Via :wavey:

Hope you're fine!!

I just saw the entry list for Sydney and actually there are so many frenchies!!
Great list for u I suppose ;)

Hangdog
12-10-2006, 07:21 PM

Or French wine is better there than in other places? lol Indeed, there must be solid reasons why they love Australia so much, they often repeat it ;)

In my eyes Sydney’s field is beyond any dreams, it’s just perfect! :worship: I think it’s been a while since almost all noticable French players participated in the same not big tournament, moreover this one is outside France. Some interesting doubles matches are supposed as well I guess.

By the way, doesn’t the new season – I mean the Adelaide tournament, the first RR one if I’m not wrong – starts on Dec 31? It’s a bit weird I think (especially for Russia where that week is non-working one and everyone is going to do nothing except getting drunk every day :tape: )

Via
12-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Hey Via :wavey:

Hope you're fine!!

I just saw the entry list for Sydney and actually there are so many frenchies!!
Great list for u I suppose ;)
:wavey: thank you a-c, i'm getting finer every day ;)

Or French wine is better there than in other places? lol Indeed, there must be solid reasons why they love Australia so much, they often repeat it ;)

In my eyes Sydney’s field is beyond any dreams, it’s just perfect! :worship: I think it’s been a while since almost all noticable French players participated in the same not big tournament, moreover this one is outside France. Some interesting doubles matches are supposed as well I guess.
it's pretty close to perfect for me too, bearing in mind that it is only a small tournament!!! we are so lucky in being the prep tourney for the grand slam down under. i hadn't thought of the doubles combinations yet but you are right, it's going to be very promising!

By the way, doesn’t the new season – I mean the Adelaide tournament, the first RR one if I’m not wrong – starts on Dec 31? It’s a bit weird I think (especially for Russia where that week is non-working one and everyone is going to do nothing except getting drunk every day :tape: )
:lol: i don't know if any of your countrymen have entered any first week tourney.... but it's pretty usual for adelaide to start before the new year, especially when you consider the qualies and players also arrive a few days earlier. it's kinda sad if you know how quiet adelaide is, no special new year's celebrations :sad: lol

Marine
12-13-2006, 07:11 PM

Yes they love this country. I read the 13 player's autoportraits in tenniszoom, ans at the question "favorite country ?" 4/13 answered "Australia". That's quite a good score if we know the others answered "France". LOL

Kezzi
12-13-2006, 07:57 PM
Who were those 4? :p

Marine
12-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Nicolas Mahut, Virginie Razzano, Olivier Rochus and Kim Clijsters. Well, okay, 2 Belgians in the group... LOL

Kezzi
12-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Belgiums are half Dutch and half French, in my eyes a great combination ;)

Via
12-13-2006, 09:19 PM
Nicolas Mahut, Virginie Razzano, Olivier Rochus and Kim Clijsters. Well, okay, 2 Belgians in the group... LOL

are you sure her answers aren't outdated as well ???? :lol:

Marine
12-14-2006, 06:21 PM
are you sure her answers aren't outdated as well ???? :lol:

Not that old I think. Maybe she has great memories of the landscapes... lol

Via
12-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Not that old I think. Maybe she has great memories of the landscapes... lol
i think most people here have treated her nicely too ;)