Recycle Bin Thread/Area [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Recycle Bin Thread/Area

Denaon
11-17-2006, 01:39 PM
May I suggest to have a thread/area like this one? I've seen it in other forums. Deleted posts and threads go directly to it.
Even though I think Mods are doing a great job by keeping the forum "clean", I think members should have the right to find out which posts/threads were deleted by them.
I'm not 100% sure about this, but ever since I've started to post again here I've had my vcash reduced a few times, ergo I believe I've had some posts of mine deleted ;)...that's why I'd like to have a way to know when a mods deletes my posts and threads.

Or maybe a PM with the subject "POST/THREAD DELETED" would work too :scratch:

:wavey:
Daniel

CooCooCachoo
11-18-2006, 08:20 AM
It's too complex and adds too little value :wavey:

Denaon
11-18-2006, 12:06 PM
It's too complex and adds too little value :wavey:
I think it could be really complex but I don't think it add little value because, in this case, I care...I find it completely annoying to have my posts deleted without knowing why or which they were...
I like MTF, sometimes I get bored of it too, but the main reason why I liked this place is because I had fun in here, and I could post whatever came thru my mind (with respect) and I don't like the idea of being "censored"...
Anyhow, it was an idea....

Dani

Lee
11-19-2006, 12:25 AM
:confused: When mods deleted posts, it's because those posts shouldn't be there. What's the purpose of just move them to another area and every posters can still read them?

bad gambler
11-19-2006, 12:37 AM
Exactly Lee

11-19-2006, 04:53 AM
:confused: When mods deleted posts, it's because those posts shouldn't be there. What's the purpose of just move them to another area and every posters can still read them?
Lee when posts are deleted are the posters ever told why they were deleted?

Carlita
11-19-2006, 10:49 AM
Lee when posts are deleted are the posters ever told why they were deleted?no..... too time consuming. Besides, if a post is deleted it's either offensive or a reply to an offensive post....so best to do is NOT reply to an offensive post....but report it instead :p

Peta Pan
11-19-2006, 11:28 AM
If people post something either insulting or racist they should know exactly why their post has been deleted. If they continue to post the same kind of posts then yes they would be warned to stop.

As Carlita said, it is also in your best interests NOT to reply to a deletable post because your post is then likely to be deleted too ;)

Steve
12-02-2006, 09:04 PM
And we do have a deleted thread area in the mod/Admin section where we can look back at the deleted threads for referance. Nothing is forgotten :devil: