03-03-2004, 05:49 PM
unfortunately there is nowhere a livescore :rolleyes:

PatatRiek
03-03-2004, 05:50 PM
there is nowhere a livescore

that sucks :(

Neely
03-03-2004, 05:55 PM
I've already discussed that yesterday...
Lee told me then that this is only a little tournament and dependend on lots of volunteers

that's really pathetic... this tournament is not broadcasted by any TV station or what's going on?
and this tournament does not have a live scoreboard... damn it...

The final will be on ESPN. And this is not the only tournament without live scoreboard. This is a small tournament, it relies a lot on volunteers.

PatatRiek
03-03-2004, 06:07 PM
thanx for the info Lee

i hope next year a webmaster will be volunteer :p

bullet proof
03-03-2004, 06:45 PM
Does anyone knows if there are some games in running? By now it there should be some score in Malisse-Soderling match but nothing yet at livescore.com.

By this way only tomorrow should i know what was the final result of A-Rod.

Lee
03-03-2004, 06:47 PM
Soderling def Malisse 6-3 7-6(3).

It's sunny outside now so I believe the matches are going on.

Neely
03-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Soderling def Malisse 6-3 7-6(3).

It's sunny outside now so I believe the matches are going on.

wow, is that really true?

bullet proof
03-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Lee, where are you picking the scores?

Can you continue updating the next matches? I suppose that A-Rod only plays in about 2hours.

Lee
03-03-2004, 06:53 PM
thanx for the info Lee

i hope next year a webmaster will be volunteer :p

:p You still need the right equipment. The resort where the tournament house is a very pricy place and I don't think they can bring all the necessary equipments to keep up a web site or facilities like the masters and GSs. Even the sponsor booths are just white tents on a raised wooden platform outside the resort on gravels.

Lee
03-03-2004, 06:55 PM
Lee, where are you picking the scores?

Can you continue updating the next matches? I suppose that A-Rod only plays in about 2hours.

It's from the official (no good) web site. Roddick will play after Vince Spadea's match. I'm not sure whether the score will get update as they didn't update late last night's score. :o :o

From the home page of the official site, click 'schedule and result' on the right of Roddick's pic, you'll see what I see ;)

Neely
03-03-2004, 07:04 PM
What's up with The Tennis Channel? Don't they broadcast almost all american tournaments?

Can someone of our users in America receive that channel?

bullet proof
03-03-2004, 07:21 PM
The Tennis channel, from what i've seen, is showing some games of this tournament. Does anyone have it?

The atp site and livescore.com only gives the final results, no in play scores.

Neely
03-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Roddick finished off his match against van Lottum 6-3 and 7-5

Bilbo
03-03-2004, 10:45 PM
Ginepri def. Moodie 2-6 7-6 6-4

Neely
03-03-2004, 11:17 PM
anyone who has the Kiefer/Tursonov match on TV?

nobody out there who has this Tennis Channel? :rolleyes:

I'm so excited about Kiefer's match... :sad:

Bilbo
03-03-2004, 11:52 PM
pathetic update service for this tourney

Neely
03-03-2004, 11:59 PM
pathetic update service for this tourney
yup, unfortunately for us :o

Fee
03-04-2004, 12:07 AM
The Tennis Channel began broadcasting some of the main stadium matches today, but contrary to popular belief they do not have the rights to broadcast every match of every tournament in the US. CBS Sportsline has had sporadic scoring of the singles matches on their website.

If you want to know the score of a match, call the tournament at 480-922-0222. Perhaps when they get a few hundred phone calls, they will get a phone line and a laptop computer and put some type of scoring up.

Neely
03-04-2004, 12:20 AM
thanks for the info, Fee...

I can imagine that The Tennis Channel doesn't have the right to broadcast EVERY match (that's very seldom), but I thought the chances are better for an evening(late) match like Tursunov/Kiefer or Blake/Andreev... but I think that they chose to cover the Blake match because that's of more importance for a US channel

Tricky_Forehand
03-04-2004, 12:21 AM
Nicolas is in another QF!! :woohoo:

He def. Dmitry Tursunov 6-4 6-4.

Now he'll play (3)Robby Ginepri on Friday.

Keep it up Nicolas :bounce: :bounce:

Thank goodness that he and Alex are on opposite sides of the draw :p

Neely
03-04-2004, 12:23 AM
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NICOLAS :banana: :banana:

Neely
03-04-2004, 12:25 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

KIWI KIWI KIWI KIWI KIWI :banana:

Neely
03-04-2004, 12:26 AM
Tennis724, I hope that's for sure and you're not kidding me because I was waiting for the Kiwi win so much ;-)

Tricky_Forehand
03-04-2004, 12:27 AM
If you want to know the score of a match, call the tournament at 480-922-0222. Perhaps when they get a few hundred phone calls, they will get a phone line and a laptop computer and put some type of scoring up.

I would think that they already hit a few hundred yesterday...lol. And are on their way to several hundred ;) . I feel sorry for those volunteers in there. I called about three times yesterday for updates on Alex's match (glad I have a good long distance deal...lol) and I talked to one person twice and she already recognized my voice...lol. Good thing I didn't know about Alex being an alternate in Doubles until I got home and he was done. I would've been calling them again today.

Tomorrow's going to be extremely difficult not to pick up the phone every 15 minutes :p . But I expect I'll get to buy that match because I don't think the Tennis Channel would pass up airing a Roddick match if given the chance.

Tricky_Forehand
03-04-2004, 12:31 AM
It's good to be a Nicolas fan right now isn't it, Neely? :D We've waited a LONG time to see him get back to his winning ways :D . I'm trying to not get too excited but it's hard not to.

Deboogle!.
03-04-2004, 01:01 AM
I was at the matches today. Mind is spinning and in a rush so I can't say much lol

Soderling is awesome, Malisse the poor thing looked lost. Arthurs is an ass, Andy signed autographs longer than he played :lol:, Ginepri had an amazing comeback and likes to talk to himself. Dent pulled out of dubs. Bogomolov and someone else replaced them VERY last minute.

Will write more in the AM.

Neely
03-04-2004, 01:41 AM
It's good to be a Nicolas fan right now isn't it, Neely? :D We've waited a LONG time to see him get back to his winning ways :D . I'm trying to not get too excited but it's hard not to.
yes, it's awesome... I hope he can prove a good form again and again and again... :)

ozjeep78
03-04-2004, 02:04 AM
If anyone is watching the Blake/Andreev match it would be much appreciated if they could post score updates

Lee
03-04-2004, 02:13 AM
Nicolas is in another QF!! :woohoo:

He def. Dmitry Tursunov 6-4 6-4.

Now he'll play (3)Robby Ginepri on Friday.

Keep it up Nicolas :bounce: :bounce:

Thank goodness that he and Alex are on opposite sides of the draw :p

Thanks!

:woohoo: :woohoo:

kfh_9118
03-04-2004, 02:53 AM

Thanks for the wonderful news, Tennis724 :)

Nicolas :woohoo:
Glad that he has a good result in the past 2 weeks. Hope it will continue like this throughout the years :)

And yup, I agree it's good to be Nicolas fans at the moment. We have waited for this moment for so long :D

Good Luck NICOLAS KIEFER

Neely
03-04-2004, 03:00 AM
Sottsdale homepage is reporting that Blake won easiliy 6-3 6-2

Tricky_Forehand
03-04-2004, 03:39 AM
I was at the matches today. Mind is spinning and in a rush so I can't say much lol

Been there Bunk...lol. I'm sure it was a great day though. Was this the only day you were going to be able to go?

Bogomolov and someone else replaced them VERY last minute.Will write more in the AM.

Not that it matters because they lost so bad but Alex played with Martin Vassallo Arguello. Were you able to get any good photos of Alex? Can't wait to hear about your day!

Tricky_Forehand
03-04-2004, 03:46 AM
The first two victims of Nicolas at least got a good doubles win ;) .

(WC)Dmitry Tursunov/Brian Vahaly def. Jan-Michael Gambill/Travis Parrott 3-6 7-5 6-1

I like both of these teams but I wanted for Dmitry and Brian to get something.

It's funny because if this wasn't Nicolas about to take out 3 other guys I like, I would be irritated. But because it is Nicolas he can just keep doing it... :devil:

That is unless he and Alex meet but I don't even want to cross that bridge till I get to it. I had to follow a match they played in Tokyo on a scoreboard and I nearly lost it so I want to avoid the thought all together.

TheBoiledEgg
03-04-2004, 04:41 AM
Dmitry :mad: :fiery:
Igor :sad: :sad:

Robin :) nice win :)

Deboogle!.
03-04-2004, 04:48 PM
Been there Bunk...lol. I'm sure it was a great day though. Was this the only day you were going to be able to go?

Not that it matters because they lost so bad but Alex played with Martin Vassallo Arguello. Were you able to get any good photos of Alex? Can't wait to hear about your day!

I went yesterday, Wednesday, to the day session and I'm going tonight. so I didn't see Alex's 1st rnd match but I'll be at the match with Andy tonight.

They said no flash photography yesterday and of course it didn't matter since it was sunny so no need for a flash but I don't know how that will work tonight. I suppose I can try turning off the flash but I don't know how those pics would turn out at all. Do people follow the no flash rule typically? :confused:

Deboogle!.
03-04-2004, 04:49 PM
Robin :) nice win :)

Very nice win. It was my first time seeing him play at all and I was highly impressed.

Lee
03-04-2004, 06:27 PM
I went yesterday, Wednesday, to the day session and I'm going tonight. so I didn't see Alex's 1st rnd match but I'll be at the match with Andy tonight.

They said no flash photography yesterday and of course it didn't matter since it was sunny so no need for a flash but I don't know how that will work tonight. I suppose I can try turning off the flash but I don't know how those pics would turn out at all. Do people follow the no flash rule typically? :confused:

Bunk, good luck with you tonight. The weather is not very encouraging so far.

You don't want to use flash as this will definitely affect the players attention. If your camera use films, try to buy those 400 instead of normal 100 films and keep the exposure longer. I'm not sure how good this will work but at least better.

Tricky_Forehand
03-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Bunk, good luck with you tonight. The weather is not very encouraging so far.

DAMN!! Is it raining?? I'm barely remembering to breathe today :p. I don't think I could sleep tonight if the match was carried over to tomorrow.

Bunk? I know that you're all for Andy but whatever happens I hope you can tell me how Alex did ;) .

Deboogle!.
03-06-2004, 05:37 PM
sure thing Tennis724... I thought of you during the match yesterday :)

Lee, I was very careful with flash. I turned it off during the night match and didn't take too many pics. the court was bright enough so that some of the pics should come out (I hope!)