year old racquet - Prince "Synergy Series" comp
titanium with a head size of 110 which I got for about
$60 but it is not good for the elbow.
I then took part in the demo program and first got a
nCode sixty two (which had a head size of 113) but is
not much better for tennis elbow.
Next I tried nCode sixty one which has a head size of
95 and weight of 11.7 ounces. This was a huge
improvement. While I still felt some pain it was way less than before.
Based on above experiments, plus advice
from a coach and reading on websites which seem to
indicate that heavier racquets with smaller heads are
better, I have now exchanged it with a nCode sixty one
Tour with a head size of 90 and weight of 12 ounces
and will try out for next couple of weeks.
While of course all this is related to technique, I
would like to get the gear that helps out the most.
Could someone please recommend a good racquet for
tennis elbow? I have found the 3 below which might be
really good - any suggestions on them? The 3 racquets
are:
1. Wilson nSix-One Tour 90
(Headsize: 90, Weight: 12.4, Stiffness: 66, Balance:
9pts head Light)
2. Head Prestige Classic Midsize
(Headsize: 93, Weight: 12.3, Stiffness: 60, Balance:
7pts Head light)
3. Wilson Prostaff 6.0 Original 85
(Headsize: 85, Weight 12.6, Stiffness: 66, Balance
8pts Head light)

I am reasonably atheletic and strong so weight of racquet is not a big concern.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

adee-gee
11-14-2006, 09:57 AM
My only word of advice is don't get the Babolat Pure Drive - worst racquet for tennis elbow.

Solat
11-16-2006, 06:45 AM
all i know is the Head Protector is specifically designed for tennis elbow problems, two guys i play with swear by them

but they are designed to be strung with the protector strings too which may be hard to find

don't take this the wrong way but most tennis elbow probs are caused by incorrect technique, maybe spending some $ on lessons will solve the problem

good luck

johnnyg
11-19-2006, 09:18 PM
You need to consider a wide range of changes in the game plan if you are afflicted with tennis elbow. A change of racquet is indeed a step in the right direction. I am presuming that you have visited Wilmot H. McCutchen's website (http://racquetresearch.com). The basic premise is that a 12 oz flexible racquet that is of even balance or headlight is least likely to harm your elbow and allow you to enjoy the game. Of all the racquets I have tried, Prokennex produces the best sticks. They are easy on the arm and produce excellent "control" racquets. There is a wide range (in the brands Kinetic to Heritage) of head sizes available that you can choose from. I played with 5g Kinetic for a long time when my tennis elbow was at it's worst but I have now switched to Type C "redondo" mid-size. This is the best stick that I have ever played with (and I have played with several over the last 30 years ....wilson ncode95, dunlop 2005, prince triple threat, prince "original", prince "thunderlight", fischer, volkl, slazenger "probraided", Head prestige classic, Yonex etc etc).
Redondo suits my serve & volley game and is one of the most accurate racquets I have ever played with. It is easy on the arm but not as easy as 5g.

Hope you find this useful

GlennMirnyi
11-21-2006, 03:36 AM
The most important thing is to avoid head-heavy rackets. Keep that in mind.

gmulchan
11-21-2006, 06:19 AM
Thanks for advice. I went with Wilson ncode sixty one tour after trying out demo program. Also am taking some tennis lessons to improve technique to help with this.

JustmeUK
11-25-2006, 01:44 PM
heavier rackets as has been mentioned are good. head light ones are better.

also try a larger grip size and stringing at a lower tension. don't use stiff strings if you have tennis elbow (polys/kevlars). instead use synth gut or gut strings.

but best advice I can give you is get a pro. tennis elbow is very often due to improper stroke mechanics (especially people with very wristy backhands).