Mario66
11-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Seattle to cover +4.5pts hcp against Nets $1.91 2/5

:yeah:

bad gambler
11-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Couple I like for today:

UNDER 199.5 Knicks v Cavs

Strong trend in this series of 8 of the last 10 hitting the UNDER mark with only one of those last 10 hitting the total for today. Although Knicks have been an OVERS team this season, I'm expecting the Cavs who only are giving up 93PPG to dictate the tempo of this game with a full court press from tipoff expecially after their slugglish start last game against Boston whereby they very lax defensively in the first half.

Sonics to cover +3.5 v Nets

Seems like the obvious bets here:
*4 Nets starters clocking over 40min last night in the OT win over Wizards. I'll seriously be looking into a Sonics 2H bet as well.
*No Jefferson means easier looks for both Allen and Lewis from the perimeter.
*Sonics although playing their 5th straight road game have actually covered all 4 to date and are currently sitting 5-0 ATS in their last 5 starts.
* Classic letdown game at home for Nets after an OT road win over a conference rival - an OT loss last night and I defintiely would have passed on this one.

good luck

OddsStatistics
11-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Boston Celtics - Orlando Magic

Boston has not start well the season and has many problems, especially under the basket, but lately is not playing badly and is against Utah that agasint Cleveland, two team of a greater level, has made match at par until the lasts minutes and therefore I creed that also today at home agasint Orlando can for sure play the match at par and in my opinion over 2.00 is from taking.
Even if the injury of Jefferson it's important and also Szczerbiak is questionable.
Orlando is a good team, that it is making for sure very well, but I think that especially in the package of the small is a team enough limited and sincerely I have many doubts on the fact that today must be widely favorite in this match, also because Great Hill has problems of ankle and is in full doubt.
The match to my warning will be near and I go with the odds.

Boston Celtics To Beat Orlando Magic
ML - 2.07 - Pinnaclesports - 8/10

Sheva
11-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Quite a difference between bookies on the O/U in the NJ - SEA game!

Some of the bookies have it at 194 other at 199! Does anybody know why this is? Mine got it at 194..Thinking of hitting the over.

Mistaflava
11-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Monday, November 13

New York Knicks +5.5 (5 Units) ***PLAY OF THE WEEK***

The Cleveland Cavaliers have made me fade cash on one occasion this year and they are about to do it again. What you have to understand about this Cleveland team is that although they have outstanding potentital to compete for the East Title this season, they still tend to keep games too close with weaker teams and it has cost them on the ATS front. The problem I think with this team is all about ego. It seems like Lebron James and company only play well when they are up against some of the top notch teams in the NBA which is a problem. Example? The only two times the Cavs covered the spread this season was in San Antonio where they were underdog and at home against the Bulls last week where they were -4 point underdogs. As a road favorite this season the Cavaliers are a 0-1 ATS having lost their only favored road game to the Bobcats. If they come into this game tonight with the same attitude as that road game, they are going to be in for a New York surprise. It also seems to me that everytime Lebron goes to the Big Apple he is distracted by the cameras, the action and all the commercial shoots. That could also explain why he averages only 22.7 points per career game against the Knicks. The Cavs are shooting only 43.9% this season while the Knicks have done a decent job containing easy buckets. The problem with New York's defense is that they allow too many three pointers. How can you back a Cleveland team that is making only 64.8% of their Free Throws? That's about 9.7 percentage points lower than the NBA average for teams. I don't know if you guys have noticed but the Cavs get a ton of points off offensive rebounds. However, the Knicks have allowed only 7 O-Boards per game this year and it shouldn't be a problem tonight. Larry Hughes and Eric Snow need to be agressive in this game on both offense and defense because Jamal Crawford and Stephon Marbury are not the type to sit around and they will pick your pocket. The Cavs average only 4.0 steals per game this year while the Knicks average 7.6 steals per game. Like I said, the key for the Cavs to keep this game close is that they are not able to expose New York's weakness which is the three point shots allowed. The Cavs rely on three pointers for only 22.2% of their points. It won't be that big of a problem tonight.

The New York Knicks are one of those teams that will give you big time headaches when you bet on them but this is a great spot for this team because they have been playing some outstanding ball as of late and oddsmakers refuse to respect this. The Knicks are back home after a three game road trip where they beat Denver, lost to Houston and lost to San Antonio. The positive? They were 3-0 ATS on the road trip and they showed the basketball betting world that someone needs to make adjustments on the Knicks lines. In their only two home games of the season the Knicks have lost and as underdogs and failed to cover the spread in both games. The good play on the road is nice and all but it's time to get a little bit of giddeeup in the Madison Square Gardens crowd. The hype is going to be huge because Lebron is a big market guy in the Big Apple and the fans would love nothing more than to see their guys beat him and beat him well. Steve Francis probably won't play tonight but even if he doesn't, it won't make a difference. As much as the attention will be on Lebron in this game, his counterpart Quentin Richardson has been on fire the last three games and he should give him a run for his money tonight. The Knicks are scoring 99.0 points per game this season and seeing that the Cavs allow 93.0 points per game, I don't see why the Knicks can't press the issue and keep up with this team. The Knicks have done a great job getting the ball inside to Eddy Curry and Channing Frye and they are going to the line 22.6 times per game this season. The positive part about that is that they hit 73.8% of their free throws. Cleveland struggles badly when opposing teams can grab offensive rebounds and the Knicks can do exactly that. The key for tonight's game is to have everyone crashing the boards and getting second efforts because the Cavs love to offer them up. Marbury does tend to get careless once in a while but he should be up for this game. The Knicks are getting 32.9 points per game from their bench and they definitely have the advantage when it comes to second unit quality in this game. I like the Knicks a lot in this spot because they haven't won at home yet this season. They beat the Cavs here last year and went 3-0 ATS against the in all three meetings of last season.

I think a lot of public bettors are going to blindly take the Cavs in this game because they are just that...LEBRON JAMES AND THE CAVS. It's a mistake because Lebron never plays all that well under the spotlight of the Big Apple where he is always busy with other stuff like autograph signings and commercial shoots. The Knicks have played a lot better than the odds are showing and they are due for a win at home. The Knicks are the smart play in this game.

Trend of the Game: The underdog is 5-0 ATS in the last five meetings.

New York 99, Cleveland 98

http://cappingthegame.com/forum/images/smilies/Beer.gif

SadrieL
11-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Nets -2.5 for me.

Sheva
11-13-2006, 08:52 PM
Nets - SuperSonics Over 194.5
SuperSonics
Knicks +6 (Thanks for the info Mista:yeah:)

Bolar Bolabi
11-13-2006, 08:53 PM
3 - 2 yesterday - my worst day this season.

Brings me to 14 - 8 - 1

Today I like

Seattle +3 over Nets

Seattle V Nets - Over 196.0 - I see a 104 - 98 type game

Knicks + 5

Good luck

bad gambler
11-14-2006, 05:00 AM
Couple I like for today:

UNDER 199.5 Knicks v Cavs

Strong trend in this series of 8 of the last 10 hitting the UNDER mark with only one of those last 10 hitting the total for today. Although Knicks have been an OVERS team this season, I'm expecting the Cavs who only are giving up 93PPG to dictate the tempo of this game with a full court press from tipoff expecially after their slugglish start last game against Boston whereby they very lax defensively in the first half.

Sonics to cover +3.5 v Nets

Seems like the obvious bets here:
*4 Nets starters clocking over 40min last night in the OT win over Wizards. I'll seriously be looking into a Sonics 2H bet as well.
*No Jefferson means easier looks for both Allen and Lewis from the perimeter.
*Sonics although playing their 5th straight road game have actually covered all 4 to date and are currently sitting 5-0 ATS in their last 5 starts.
* Classic letdown game at home for Nets after an OT road win over a conference rival - an OT loss last night and I defintiely would have passed on this one.

good luck

That final qtr of 60+ in NY nearly screwed this under but...

:singer: Duffman says oohh yeahhhhh x2 :singer:

Mario66
11-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Seattle to cover +4.5pts hcp against Nets $1.91 2/5

:yeah:

W-i-n.

Bolar Bolabi
11-14-2006, 09:16 AM
3 - 2 yesterday - my worst day this season.

Brings me to 14 - 8 - 1

Today I like

Seattle +3 over Nets

Seattle V Nets - Over 196.0 - I see a 104 - 98 type game

Knicks + 5

Good luck

Won

Won

Lost

16 - 9 - 1