NBL Round 9 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NBL Round 9

bad gambler
11-13-2006, 09:20 AM
Kings will be without Rowland against the Breakers who was cut today from the squad. What a complete mess the Kings' roster is at the moment, Elliott not performing either, he'll be gone shortly as well IMO. Add to that Smith is not even certain he will ever be 100% this season even if he does comeback and play. That second half against the Cats was quite easily the worst I have seen any Kings' team play over the past 4 years.

Looks like Goorj has used up all his luck in finding all those quality imports, rumour is K-Free will be a King by the end of the week.

Mr Flamboyant
11-13-2006, 09:49 AM
One of Brian Goorjian's great strengths since going to Sydney has been his ability to find fantastic imports. It's a huge step backwards to tinker with your American content once the season is underway, but I expect whoever he does bring in to improve Sydney's performance.

BTW .. A little birdie told me recently this will be Jason Smith's last season .. Apparently he's done, his knees are shot and he's had enough ..

good_gambler
11-14-2006, 04:34 AM
Couple things...

Where do you guys get all your inside information from?
I need contacts. :fiery:

What happened to Roland Roberts? :confused:

Was Bryant Matthews part of this squad before the season started?
If I remember correctly stuff happened and he got cut.. :unsure:

And Kings would be taking a huge risk with K Free, IMO. He was Bullets star import not long ago (and wasn't really underperfoming) and still got cut. Joey Wright is no slouch in coaching department - so something obviously went down...

Love to see him back in the league though. :banana:

Mr Flamboyant
11-14-2006, 05:43 AM
Couple things...
Where do you guys get all your inside information from?
I need contacts. :fiery:
What happened to Roland Roberts? :confused:

Was Bryant Matthews part of this squad before the season started?
If I remember correctly stuff happened and he got cut.. :unsure:

And Kings would be taking a huge risk with K Free, IMO. He was Bullets star import not long ago (and wasn't really underperfoming) and still got cut. Joey Wright is no slouch in coaching department - so something obviously went down...

Love to see him back in the league though. :banana:

Roland Roberts was within a hair of becoming a Taipan this season .. But some lingering financial issues with the Kings killed that one off ..

Bryant Matthews was allegedly linked to a sexual assault case and Sydney sent him packing as soon as that broke ..

As for Kevin Freeman, well the Kings need a big and he'd be a good fit because he's a scorer too .. But with Jason Smith looking like a week to week proposition and their point guard gone, they're also light on in the back court ..

Actually bringing in K-Free and keeping Elliot wouldn't make a lot of sense .. the Kings would suddenly become a little top heavy with forwards .. Either let Elliot go, replace him with Freeman and bring in another PG or just do the latter and keep Elliot .. :confused:

dave nz
11-15-2006, 05:33 AM
Tough game tonight IMO from a betting point of view, my normal capping methods overall give a slight lean to the Pigs +, but my gut feeling is that the 36ers will be too good. So pass for me. Goodluck to those having a go.

dave nz
11-15-2006, 05:34 AM
I love the Kevin Freeman pickup for the Kings, provided of course he can produce the kind of form he has in the past in the NBL.

Mr Flamboyant
11-15-2006, 05:43 AM
Only angle that interests me in the Adelaide / West Sydney game is the total .. U/O 207.5 .. Neither team plays defense, but I wouldn't put it past their offense not to mis-fire for a portion of the game tonight too .. ?!

I think New Zealand is very nearly "cracker alert" material as underdogs at home against Sydney tomorrow .. They're playing tough across the ditch this season, and while normally I'd favour the Kings in this spot - given that they've lost two straight - I'm not sure they have the confidence (or the personel at the moment) to drag themselves back onto the winners list in this one ..

dave nz
11-15-2006, 05:56 AM
Just on that Breakers game is Smith out for sure ? Anyone know ?

Mr Flamboyant
11-15-2006, 06:07 AM
^ He's in ..

Bolar Bolabi
11-15-2006, 08:15 AM
Over 208 tonight.

bossboss
11-15-2006, 08:46 AM
just came home from work.. No bet tonight
How many games this round ? NBL says 7 games.. last post in the tipping standing by BG says 8 ...i had a feeling that i saw 8 before on nbl website

Any Info?

dave nz
11-15-2006, 09:24 AM
That would have to be one of the worst halves of basketball I have seen from the Adelaide 36ers in my lifetime. They made the Pigs look like the Sacramento Kings lol

dave nz
11-15-2006, 09:26 AM
just came home from work.. No bet tonight
How many games this round ? NBL says 7 games.. last post in the tipping standing by BG says 8 ...i had a feeling that i saw 8 before on nbl website

Any Info?

7 games mate, the NBL site is right.

Bolar Bolabi
11-15-2006, 09:27 AM
Adelaide suck.

Glad I didn't go. Uneventful game.

Bolar Bolabi
11-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Over looking on track but it wouldnt surprise me to see the second half die off if the last 5 mins of the second quarter was anything to go by.

bossboss
11-15-2006, 09:32 AM
7 games mate, the NBL site is right.

i know the nbl site is right, i am asking if they were 8 scheduled originally and suddenly (for one reason or the other) became 7 or they we origanilly 7

dave nz
11-15-2006, 09:37 AM
i know the nbl site is right, i am asking if they were 8 scheduled originally and suddenly (for one reason or the other) became 7 or they we origanilly 7

Sorry don't know the answer to that.

Bolar Bolabi
11-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Over 208 tonight.

WON

good_gambler
11-15-2006, 03:13 PM
Crocs and Gardner part. :sobbing: :sobbing: :sad:

Anyone else think this has a Derek Rucker feel about it? http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/20010/WTA%20World%20Smilies/retwavey8sa.gif

Anders
11-15-2006, 07:46 PM
bg - any further thoughts about yer mob tonite and their likely state of mind?
Will be watching this one while playing in the home poker game and pondering a dog play on the homeboys...

bad gambler
11-15-2006, 08:18 PM
bg - any further thoughts about yer mob tonite and their likely state of mind?
Will be watching this one while playing in the home poker game and pondering a dog play on the homeboys...

With EJ gone and Kinsg still finalising an import, their PG rotation (or lack thereof) will be tested tonight with basically Kendall running the show and BJ as backup

Huge plus for the Kings though is that Smith is back, add to that I see the Breakers laying the points tonight call me a homer but I like the Kings to do the double over the Breakers at home. Goorj staring down 3 consecutive losses in the NBL, you need to dust off the record books to find out when the last time that occurred, especially when he has taken charge of the Kings. It has never happened before :)

Kings at + for me, might wait a bit as I suspect I will get a better price on them just before tipoff

Anders
11-15-2006, 09:28 PM
cheers mate, hadn't even shopped a line, no way I'm playing the Breakers as chalk, that'd put me off my poker game in a major way...
Will have a look at the Kings as dogs, their PG rotation probs may not be as exposed as much with the Breakers thin at PG anyway - Lemanis v reluctant with good cause to play Darragh, often AO is the choice when Pauli sits.. altho this isn't necessary a "matchup" thing, pg v pg, rather Kings production ltd by PG depth...cheers again

Mr Flamboyant
11-15-2006, 11:46 PM
With EJ gone and Kinsg still finalising an import, their PG rotation (or lack thereof) will be tested tonight with basically Kendall running the show and BJ as backup

Huge plus for the Kings though is that Smith is back, add to that I see the Breakers laying the points tonight call me a homer but I like the Kings to do the double over the Breakers at home. Goorj staring down 3 consecutive losses in the NBL, you need to dust off the record books to find out when the last time that occurred, especially when he has taken charge of the Kings. It has never happened before :)

Kings at + for me, might wait a bit as I suspect I will get a better price on them just before tipoff

Ahhh how quickly they forget! When was the last time a Brian Goorjian coached team lost three straight? About seven months ago in the grand final series when they were swept by Melbourne!

Now the Breakers certainly aren't the Tigers, although they did beat them convincingly in New Zealand three weeks ago. My book has the Kings laying points and the home side as $2.05 underdogs .. Despite the fact Jason Smith is back, how effective will he be? It's not a matter of him just showing up, plugging himself in and suddenly vintage Jason Smith is back because they guys is struggling on those knees.

The Kings were woeful from the field in the second half against Perth last saturday, and with one import gone there's no way I'd touch them as favourites in New Zealand against a Breakers side that's playing tough at home and has a potent lineup ..

Anders
11-16-2006, 12:22 AM
Obv need to do some line shopping.. how many Oz books offer NBL apart from the usual?

bad gambler
11-16-2006, 12:32 AM
lol yep you're right Flambo - my bad, data that I was using was from past 4 years reg season games only

Anders
11-16-2006, 12:57 AM
Burn! lol...
Don't usually like this market but played Kings by 8&under at the NZTAB +205 for 1 unit...
As long as I win the poker I won't care too much....

Mr Flamboyant
11-16-2006, 02:17 AM
lol yep you're right Flambo - my bad, data that I was using was from past 4 years reg season games only

Gotta keep you Sydney siders honest ! ;)

dave nz
11-16-2006, 04:32 AM
Small one tonight, hate betting big at night when I kicked ass during the day cap :

Sydney Kings ML (+108) over NZB-----------0.5 of a unit

Note I may end up getting a better price then that, but that is my bet.

gl

dave

Bolar Bolabi
11-16-2006, 05:57 AM
Over 204.5

Good luck

Mr Flamboyant
11-16-2006, 06:17 AM
I love the way these NZ games "tip off" at 4pm (AEDT) yet at 20 past there's still nothing doing!?

Mr Flamboyant
11-16-2006, 06:18 AM
Over 204.5

Good luck

That's the safest pick of the bunch imo .. and IF I HAD AN ONLINE ACCOUNT (!:mad: ) I would've played that too ..

Olao
11-16-2006, 06:36 AM
I can't see the FG percentages on the box score but I presume Sydney's Kings are miles above the 38% vs Melbourne...keep it up, lads.

Mr Flamboyant
11-16-2006, 07:09 AM
I can't see the FG percentages on the box score but I presume Sydney's Kings are miles above the 38% vs Melbourne...keep it up, lads.

60+ points in a half generally means you've shot at around 50-55% if not better ..

Olao
11-16-2006, 07:25 AM
60+ points in a half generally means you've shot at around 50-55% if not better ..

bad gambler
11-16-2006, 07:27 AM
Butterfingers Kendall has applied some super glue in his hands tonight, working the point beautifully

Also looks like Goorj giving Elliott a clear notice to perform has him fired up tonight

Kings' offense has finally woken up

Olao
11-16-2006, 07:35 AM
Butterfingers Kendall has applied some super glue in his hands tonight, working the point beautifully

Also looks like Goorj giving Elliott a clear notice to perform has him fired up tonight

Kings' offense has finally woken up

And without jinxing....it doesnt exactly look like a miserable Melbourne melt-down in the second-half at the moment...:cool:

Mr Flamboyant
11-16-2006, 07:38 AM
Hats off to you BG, Dave and all Kings backers .. I didn't think they could turn it around this comprehensively today .. (another tip bites the f#cking dust!)

Mr Flamboyant
11-16-2006, 07:39 AM
And without jinxing....it doesnt exactly look like a miserable Melbourne melt-down in the second-half at the moment...:cool:

Beautiful use of alliteration there Olao! :)

sparkus8
11-16-2006, 07:40 AM
I don't know if you guys know this already, but you can listen to the game here http://www.radiosport.co.nz/

bad gambler
11-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Breakers were possibly one of the biggest sucker bets of the season to date

Good job fellas, I was out all day at Royal Sydney watching the golf so wasn't able to get a bet on the Kings in the end

Another Super Saturday in the NBL this weekend (man do I love this new scheduling format! :) )

bad gambler
11-16-2006, 08:08 AM

Meltdown was against Perth not Melbourne ;)

Olao
11-16-2006, 08:12 AM
Meltdown was against Perth not Melbourne ;)

Arggghh, misread the Kings' home page - yet, that does not make the alliteration less beautiful...:devil:

Olao
11-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Great work, Bad G and others - theft of the day that you did not get a Kings bet, hope the golf was enjoyable although the red numbers were limited...Craig Parry had a "Breakers' Day"...

bad gambler
11-16-2006, 09:01 AM
Yep terrible conditions today - Green was brilliant under the circumstances

As to the the non bet, that's what happens when you lose your new mobile phone :lol:

dave nz
11-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Small one tonight, hate betting big at night when I kicked ass during the day cap :

Sydney Kings ML (+108) over NZB-----------0.5 of a unit

Note I may end up getting a better price then that, but that is my bet.

gl

dave

For what its worth got +117

Chicken dinner :cool:

Love the way the Kings everytime got a 2 for one when the clock was running down, great team management as u would expect from the team with the best coach in the league.

bad gambler
11-17-2006, 05:55 AM
Interesting game tonight now with the news that Watkins has been tossed and the Black Pearl takes his place immediately and will be on the sidelines tonight taking charge.

Rumours were around for a while now that many of the senior Pigs' players didn't see eye to eye with Watkins' coaching methods so a change can only be a good thing, especially with a respected NBL figure taking his place

Pigs + for me tonight, shopping around at the moment for the best line

GodOfGamblers
11-17-2006, 05:57 AM
Interesting game tonight now with the news that Watkins has been tossed and the Black Pearl takes his place immediately and will be on the sidelines tonight taking charge.

Rumours were around for a while now that many of the senior Pigs' players didn't see eye to eye with Watkins' coaching methods so a change can only be a good thing, especially with a respected NBL figure taking his place

Perth to win under 10.5points margin for me tonight :)

good_gambler
11-17-2006, 05:59 AM
Holy fu*k. :eek: :eek:

The NBL is turning into a circus. :haha:

bad gambler
11-17-2006, 06:01 AM
Also Rowland is now a Croc

good_gambler
11-17-2006, 06:10 AM
Seen it just before I posted...

Don't know if it's good or bad. :unsure:

Read there was a rumour Gardner was going to replace Rowland at the Kings, but they shut that down. :lol:

dave nz
11-17-2006, 06:27 AM
A couple tonight :

Parlay :

Melbourne +0.5 / Perth ML (-112)----------1.5 units

Single :

Perth -5 over WS---------------0.6 of a unit

Parlay explained Melbourne to win or draw in the A League tonight. Perth to beat WS.

gl

dave

dave nz
11-17-2006, 06:40 AM

I didn't rate Watkins one bit. Bout time......

sports freak
11-17-2006, 07:25 AM

Thanks for that info BG,Pigs needed a new coach the bloke was too soft :) Pigs are still too lean on the bench imo but theyre were shooting well inlike the Cats in the 1st half against Sydney,although Pigs D arent anyway near like the Kings D!!!

sports freak
11-17-2006, 07:26 AM
Also Rowland is now a Croc

:eek: :woohoo: :bowdown: :banana:

sports freak
11-17-2006, 07:28 AM
Seen it just before I posted...

Don't know if it's good or bad. :unsure:

Read there was a rumour Gardner was going to replace Rowland at the Kings, but they shut that down. :lol:

Gimme Rowland over Gardner anyday ;) Crocs cause some havoc now imo :D

sports freak
11-17-2006, 07:39 AM
Razorbacks new coach,also Roar has a new coach!!Interesting to see how they both go in charge for the 1st time,everyones following the Hammer,lol

bad gambler
11-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Razorbacks to cover +5.5 v Cats

good luck

sports freak
11-17-2006, 07:53 AM

good luck

Good luck BG,also leaning on the Overs!!The Black Pearl should wip some ass and get the boys going!!!

b_boy
11-17-2006, 08:11 AM
WstSyd-Perth Over 199.5 Points - 1.80 (1.5)
WstSyd-Perth Perth -5.5 - 1.80 (1.5)

gl

:wavey:

Mr Flamboyant
11-17-2006, 08:11 AM

good luck

I'd consider a small play on James Harvey to outscore whoever or go over whatever number tonight too .. If your book offers it ..

b_boy
11-17-2006, 09:55 AM
nbl website live score :rolleyes:

dave nz
11-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Nothing new b boy :(

Mr Flamboyant
11-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Fade the NBL website!

Try Sportal.com.au

Crappy but probably the best alternative under the circumstances ..

b_boy
11-17-2006, 10:35 AM
3/4 time
WstSyd-Perth 62-84

Mr Flamboyant
11-17-2006, 10:41 AM
HEHE .. at last I look like getting on the board tips wise for round 9 .... (Now watch as the "moose" is let loose at Homebush and the Wildcats win by 5!)

dave nz
11-17-2006, 10:55 AM
A couple tonight :

Parlay :

Melbourne +0.5 / Perth ML (-112)----------1.5 units

Single :

Perth -5 over WS---------------0.6 of a unit

Parlay explained Melbourne to win or draw in the A League tonight. Perth to beat WS.

gl

dave

Cash em both :cool:

bad gambler
11-17-2006, 12:49 PM

good luck

lost

good_gambler
11-18-2006, 03:50 AM
Crocs -2.5 over Hawks @ $2.10

EJ Rowland will suit up :eek:

Bullets -6.5 Vs Wildcats @ $1.90

Taipans over Melbourne @ $2.00

Also:
Larry Abney to score more than 24 @ $2.15
Sam MacKinnon to score more than 22 @ $2.25

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/20010/WTA%20World%20Smilies/retwavey8sa.gif

bossboss
11-18-2006, 03:52 AM
after crapping tipping round for me so far .. thank God didn't do any betting.

Super Satuday Tonight ... starting early as i going out at 4:30

2 bets confirmed:

C. Anstey (Tigers) 20 points or over @ 2.35
M. Worthington (Kings) 18 Points Or Over @ 2.5

looking also into Kings X Dragons over 207.5.. Heal and Franklin sure will put a show

Mr Flamboyant
11-18-2006, 04:25 AM
Melbourne wants to go inside as often as possible against the Taipans tonight .. Chris Anstey made no secret of that yesterday when the Tigers arrived in town .. It's no real secret though when you're the tallest team in the league, but it was definitely a point of emphasis with regards to where their key to victory lay ..

The lines seem pretty spot on for this game .. Tigers 2.5 point favourites .. Taipans will have to play super well to win this game, but they are playing super well at home .. I do lean towards the champions in this game due to their superior depth off the bench ..

Expect to see a bit of full court trapping from the Taipans tonight ..;)

Elsewhere .. reckon the Hawks are value at $2 .. they have a fantastic record in Townsville if I'm not mistaken and are playing better basketball than Townsville right now too .. More settled as well given the change of pg at the Crocs during the week .. Total is high in this one but these two have played some real 'rat ball' at the swamp over the last season or two ..

Like the OVER 206.5 in the Sydney / Dragons match .. Sydney tend to score big at home ..

Brisbane / Perth is tough to call ..

sports freak
11-18-2006, 04:34 AM
Melbourne wants to go inside as often as possible against the Taipans tonight .. Chris Anstey made no secret of that yesterday when the Tigers arrived in town .. It's no real secret though when you're the tallest team in the league, but it was definitely a point of emphasis with regards to where their key to victory lay ..

The lines seem pretty spot on for this game .. Tigers 2.5 point favourites .. Taipans will have to play super well to win this game, but they are playing super well at home .. I do lean towards the champions in this game due to their superior depth off the bench ..

Expect to see a bit of full court trapping from the Taipans tonight ..;)

Elsewhere .. reckon the Hawks are value at $2 .. they have a fantastic record in Townsville if I'm not mistaken and are playing better basketball than Townsville right now too .. More settled as well given the change of pg at the Crocs during the week .. Total is high in this one but these two have played some real 'rat ball' at the swamp over the last season or two ..

Like the OVER 206.5 in the Sydney / Dragons match .. Sydney tend to score big at home ..

Brisbane / Perth is tough to call ..

Woolingong Hawks is BAIT material ;) Crocs will simply shoot the ligths out 2nite!

Mr Flamboyant
11-18-2006, 04:42 AM
^ spoken like a true Crocodiles fan ..!

sports freak
11-18-2006, 04:45 AM
^ spoken like a true Crocodiles fan ..!

:lol: Just my 2 cents!

bad gambler
11-18-2006, 06:26 AM
Elsewhere .. reckon the Hawks are value at $2 .. they have a fantastic record in Townsville if I'm not mistaken

14 straight wins against them is pretty good ;)

dave nz
11-18-2006, 06:39 AM
3 bets tonight :

Melbourne -1 (-110) over Cairns---------1.2 units

Wollongong ML (-105) over Towns--------0.4 of a unit

Dragons +10.5 (-140) over Sydney---------0.4 of a unit

gl

dave

sports freak
11-18-2006, 06:41 AM
My bad,for some reason got mistaken by Rowland as Roland Roberts,the guy who hurt his arm in the slam dunk,Rowland swapping with Gardner dont see much change really,maybe a very slight improvement,but we need big man,got enough small guys that can shoot,Weird pic up imo!!Also J Bailey from the Razorbacks is not the Bailey i thought of last yr who was bigger n had an Afro!!!a couple of mis comminications!!!!Time for the Crocs to get one back!!!

Mr Flamboyant
11-18-2006, 07:11 AM
14 straight wins against them is pretty good ;)

LOL .. yeah bit of an understatement given that statistic .. !

bad gambler
11-18-2006, 07:50 AM
Tigers to cover -1 v Taipans

good luck

$@M
11-18-2006, 09:53 AM
didn't get home in time to place any bets, but Tigers are 5 points up mid-3rd quarter... looking good :)

bad gambler
11-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Tigers to cover -1 v Taipans

good luck

win

Just came back from the SEC, I'll tell you what those Dragons are the real deal. Franklin missed right on the buzzer which would have won them the game, in all honestly they should have buried the Kings long time before that

dave nz
11-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Dmac came up huge for us BG. He made probably the biggest hoop of the game with about 55 seconds remaining, took the lead to 5.
Was a strange game in the final term neither team could buy a hoop.
Pretty fortunate to escape with a win IMO.

Mr Flamboyant
11-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Dmac came up huge for us BG. He made probably the biggest hoop of the game with about 55 seconds remaining, took the lead to 5.

Yes you were .. To quote Alan Black, that game was case of "operation successful but the patient died" from a Taipans point of view .. They didn't do anything wrong other than missing a couple of crucial shots at crucial times ..

I sit here looking at the stats sheet and I see Taipans 25/46 in the free-throw column... Aaron Grabau, normally a reliable commodity from the stripe, hits 9 of 19!

Darnell Mee misses the most wide open three he's had since little league and that's how it ends ..

good_gambler
11-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Crocs -2.5 over Hawks @ $2.10

EJ Rowland will suit up :eek:

Bullets -6.5 Vs Wildcats @ $1.90

Taipans over Melbourne @ $2.00

Also:
Larry Abney to score more than 24 @ $2.15
Sam MacKinnon to score more than 22 @ $2.25

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/20010/WTA%20World%20Smilies/retwavey8sa.gif

:banana:

Nice day. :cool:

bad gambler
11-18-2006, 01:10 PM

Yep - Thomas had his best game for the Tigers this season as well

Looks like Tigers have overcome that flat spot from a couple of weeks ago.

Mr Flamboyant
11-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Another reason why neither team could buy a bucket for a lot of that final period was the great 'D' both played .. particularly the Tigers .. May not have come across on the TV, but being there live, that game dripped with semi final intensity down the stretch ..

Before you blokes start wrapping the Tigers too much though I'd alert to the stat in BOLD I posted a little higher up on this page .. That's where this game was decided ..

dave nz
11-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Another reason why neither team could buy a bucket for a lot of that final period was the great 'D' both played .. particularly the Tigers .. May not have come across on the TV, but being there live, that game dripped with semi final intensity down the stretch ..

Before you blokes start wrapping the Tigers too much though I'd alert to the stat in BOLD I posted a little higher up on this page .. That's where this game was decided ..

Disagree to a certain extent mate, you would struggle to see another NBL game this season with so many open looks missed in a quarter.
Including missed put backs with nobody on them, wide open 3's and just good looks in general. I do agree though there was "some" tough D played.

dave nz
11-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Disagree to a certain extent mate, you would struggle to see another NBL game this season with so many open looks missed in a quarter.
Including missed put backs with nobody on them, wide open 3's and just good looks in general. I do agree though there was "some" tough D played.

and of course free throws, how could I forget to mention those ;)

Mr Flamboyant
11-18-2006, 01:33 PM

Well it's a bit par for course in terms of some of the missed "sitters" the Taipans were guilty of .. Our bigs don't have the best touch around the basket at times and lay-ups are often heart in mouth stuff for the likes of Owens, Oakley et al .. so that probably didn't stand out to seasoned Snake watcher as it did you..!

Both teams caught the disease to varying degrees in the final quarter and a bit but at the end of the day Darnell if makes the three he had about 5 seconds to size up, and or if the boys don't miss 21 free throws .. different result ..

It's unusual because Cairns has been extremely efficient in clutch situations at home to date this season ..

I probably got a little caught up in the emotion of willing the Taipans across the line .. the tale of the tape on monday morning will probably paint a slightly different picture (as it usually does!)

sports freak
11-18-2006, 11:46 PM

Dave it was Antsey who came up big for ya,taking out the Cat with around 5 mins left,crucial point of the game no doubt ;)

sports freak
11-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Yes you were .. To quote Alan Black, that game was case of "operation successful but the patient died" from a Taipans point of view .. They didn't do anything wrong other than missing a couple of crucial shots at crucial times ..

I sit here looking at the stats sheet and I see Taipans 25/46 in the free-throw column... Aaron Grabau, normally a reliable commodity from the stripe, hits 9 of 19!

Darnell Mee misses the most wide open three he's had since little league and that's how it ends ..

What about how many Tucker missed in the last few mins of the game :eek: but insayin so damn this team has got some major weapons,no doubt the team to beat!!!