NFL Week 10 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NFL Week 10

bad gambler
11-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Wow already Saturday and no thread? No interest this week in NFL this week guys?

I'm excited only in that the G-men will be taking on the Bears in the blockbuster NFC game (perhaps even a preview of post season as well ;) ), hoping for a great game

Nitefaery
11-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Who do you think will win the bears game? I'd be interested in getting a giants fan perspective. I can't see the bears losing this one, after all miami is a good team, they just haven't played well at all this year..
I don't mind buying the chalk on the colts game, they should put up some points on buffalo without a big response.
Broncos have been putting some offense together so I like them to beat oakland easy.. big spread though
I might take those two along with the pats in a teaser. The 3 big favs should win this week.

breadman7
11-12-2006, 12:29 AM
ok Ill have a go now.

Miami ml
tenn +71/2
phily -6 1/2
detroit o46 1/2

good luck everyone

bad gambler
11-12-2006, 05:12 AM
Who do you think will win the bears game? I'd be interested in getting a giants fan perspective. I can't see the bears losing this one, after all miami is a good team, they just haven't played well at all this year..
I don't mind buying the chalk on the colts game, they should put up some points on buffalo without a big response.
Broncos have been putting some offense together so I like them to beat oakland easy.. big spread though
I might take those two along with the pats in a teaser. The 3 big favs should win this week.

One think to keep in mind is don't refer to last week's games when trying to cap this one - I can't for on minute believe they didn't have this game on their minds last week when they both failed to cover/win last week against significantly inferiors teams. Coughlin especially was really doing the whole PR exercise last week saying that his players were definitely not looking forward pre game against the Texans. We all know that is untrue. In the case of the Bears, I thought their letdown game was against Zona but seems they had a bigger letdown last week against the Fins. Personally not too concerned about that result.

Too many injuries for the G-men especially defensively (D-ends: Umenyiora & Strahan, L Backers: Emmons (pretty sure he won't play tomorrow night) & Short). Apparently Burress will play but back spasms is not something you just overcome in a week, so even if he does play not sure how effective he is going to be.

I also read somewhere that the Bears have not lost at Meadowlands from 3 attempts

I'm all over the Bears on Sunday night unfortunately.

SadrieL
11-12-2006, 05:13 AM
At full strength, the Giants take the Bears. I haven't had time to look at any injury reports though.

bad gambler
11-12-2006, 05:14 AM
At full strength, the Giants take the Bears. I haven't had time to look at any injury reports though.

Bears will take Sunday, G-men will get the bigger prize later in the season

El Legenda
11-12-2006, 05:27 AM
Rams to beat the Shithawks...its payback time for the lucky win.

flmmkrz
11-12-2006, 06:04 AM
Rams to beat the Shithawks...its payback time for the lucky win.

if the rams cant get by the hawks with no Hass, No alexander, no tubbs, no engram, they're a total joke of a team. That being said I still dont think they can.

SadrieL
11-12-2006, 06:22 AM
Seahawks are still favourites, haha.

Nitefaery
11-12-2006, 06:30 AM
Does anyone see Jacksonville, Denver, New England, or the Colts losing tomarrow?

flmmkrz
11-12-2006, 06:52 AM
Wow already Saturday and no thread? No interest this week in NFL this week guys?

I'm excited only in that the G-men will be taking on the Bears in the blockbuster NFC game (perhaps even a preview of post season as well ;) ), hoping for a great game

busy week for me so made my plays but never got around to posting but here's my plays with a lil write up

Dolphins pk @ 1.935 x 2 units

KC isnt the same team outside arrowhead, they're getting a lot of luck and taking advantage of it. Huards been solid but this miami team looked last week and while im not drinkin the kool aid with these guys yet this ds for real and kc has had trouble with strong ds outside their yard. If the fins can move the ball on offense the defense will make this game easily winnable for them.

10 point teaser x 4 units

Colts -2 x Jags -.5 x Pats -.5

Colts get the bills in indy...Colts would have to be trying to give this game away to lose it.
Jags at home wanting to hand the texans some payback. Jags are nasty at home and Garrard isn the hobbling fool the jags trotted out in houston, he can run this offense. No way they lose 2 games to these bums.
Pats off a loss last week, jets are trouble and I dont like betting against them as they make things happen at unexpected times but as we noticed earlier this year the pats dont lose games back to back and especially dont lose to teams they should beat.

Seattle -3 @ 1.935 x 2 units

Everything seems stacked against the hawks yet the hawks are still the better team here, and they are at qwest. I don't want to say we can't lose at qwest but I would say its a definate advantage for the hawks to be at home. Bottom line for me in this one is the hawks while not nearly at peak performance can still move the ball and Senecas legs add another dimension for the rams defense to watch for. Playing 2 solid ds in kc and oakland have shown as much. Rams can move the ball against most teams they've shown that and they can move it against us. Like I believed in the first game, it'll come down to which d can make the big stop when they need to and at home and with the talent the hawks d has I would expect it to be the hawks again. I wouldnt be expecting any highlight reel catches this time around either.

Cards + 7 @ 1.935 x 1 unit

I like the cards to keep this one close this week. They aren't a great squad but they are better than they've played. They are capable of the upset and are off a bye week getting to play at home. The recipes there, now they need to make some plays. This dallas teams teetering on self destruction, im sure Denny wants his boys to push them over the edge.

Raiders + 10 @ 1.935 x 1 unit

No major love between these 2 teams and they traditionally play each other close. That raiders d is damn good and Plummer is hit or miss. I would expect both sides ds to outplay their offenses and limited scoring for both. Im banking on the raiders to get a score and I dont know where its going to come from but being in Oakland might inspire them. I see a win by a td at most.

Green Bay + 5.5 @ 1.935 x 1 unit

Minny is a mess on offense and as bad as the pack are on d the inept play of the vikes may actually neutralize it. The vikes are pretty good on d but favre and green should be able to march them down the field for a couple scores this week as the pack while they make mistakes never stop coming at ya. The vikes for their part dont match up well on offense, the pack play the run pretty well so johnson is going to have to throw them to the W this week and as erratic as he's been I am happy to take the points tho I think the pack can take this one outright.

Tempted by the bengals and the bears this week as well still deciding on them tho.

flmmkrz
11-12-2006, 06:53 AM
Does anyone see Jacksonville, Denver, New England, or the Colts losing tomarrow?

losing no, covering their huge spreads is another question tho.

flmmkrz
11-12-2006, 07:01 AM
Well decided the one and will wait and see how the day goes before betting the bears

Bengals +1 @ 1.935 x 2 units

No merriman, no Castillo, Phillips hasnt been in the last 2 weeks and correct me if im wrong this teams still down at least one seasons starting safety if not a couple. They're giving up a lotta points as the injuries and missing players on d mount but they've gotten away with it cause of LTs play but they finally get an offense who can score with them and this time they have to put up in a hostile environment. I wish I got this at the +3 when it openend but I like the win here so i'll take what I can get.

flmmkrz
11-12-2006, 07:30 AM
im such a degenerate....

Jax -6.5 1st half, @ 1.91 x 2 units

bad gambler
11-12-2006, 08:43 AM

Not worth parlaying those ML's assuming that is what you are thinking of doing

Nitefaery
11-12-2006, 09:07 AM
Not worth parlaying those ML's assuming that is what you are thinking of doing

I was thinking of a 10 point teaser with them. I'm just trying to figure out where the upset could come from.

Mistaflava
11-12-2006, 09:55 AM
Sunday, November 12

Cleveland Browns +9 (25 Units) ***UNDERDOG PLAY OF THE WEEK***

The Cleveland Browns won me my largest wager of the season in the NFL a few weeks back against the Jets. This is not a good football team, this is not a great football...this is just a football team. You really have to pick your spots with these Browns because they can either win you the big cash or they can blow it all up in your face. Now there has been a lot of talk about this being Cleveland's second straight road game and how they won't be able to handle it but I am calling bullshit. I hear a lot of arguments saying that Cleveland is coming from the West Coast and they won't be able to keep up with the time changes and all that crap but let's get real here. They competed quite nicely in Carolina last time they had to do this and I don't see why they wouldn't do it again. QB Charlier Frye has been part of a lot of speculation this week because of his injured thumb. Well me just inform you all that Frye will be playing in this game and whoever said or confirmed he wasn't, needs to get their heads checked. The Browns are coming off a seven point loss in San Diego last week. They are one of those teams that just doesn't go away when you want them to and they just don't give up no matter what the score is in the game. Now I know the Browns have huge problems on offense and it has really showed the last three games. Sure they average 17.0 points per game in their last three but have done it on only 241.7 total yards of offense and 4.1 yards per play. However, Atlanta's defense is as horrendous as it gets, as they are allowing 31.7 points per game in their last three on 413.0 total yards and an incredible 7.1 yards per play (worst in the NFL). The injuries to Jason Webster, John Abraham and Kevin Mathis have made things impossible. On the ground, the Browns have not had much going rushing for only 90.0 yards per game in their last three. Atlanta is good against the run so unless it is 100% necessary to run the ball, I would keep it in the air and be agressive if I was Romeo Crenel. QB Charlie Frye is banged up but is completing 60.2% of his passes the past three games. He has thrown 3 interceptions in those games and been sacked a whopping 14 times. Atlanta have some good pass rush packages which would usually concern me but Frye's footing will be good in this game and he should be able to get rid of the ball in time. The Falcons's last three opponent QB's have completed 66.0% of their passes for 9.6 yards per pass attempt. They have only 1 interception in those games and although they have 8 sacks, they have not been able to stop anyone from throwing all over them. This is the weakest defense Charlie Frye has seen in three weeks. The Falcons also allow 51.5% of third downs to be converted against them the last three weeks and I expect Frye to have another solid game.

The Atlanta Falcons are a tough team to figure out because one week they can look like one of the best teams in the NFC and then they can come out the next week and look like the team that got smashed by the Detroit Lions on the road last week. Pathetic and inconsistent would pretty summarize this ass clown of a team. As much as I would like to think that this is the Falcons team of years past (in the Vick era), it's just not. The Falcons used to run long ass drives that would last forever and chew up all sorts of clock and they would then play outstanding defense, force some turnovers and get the ball back in the hands of their offense so they can run some more clock and/or score some more points. Those were the blowout days of the Falcons. However, with the defense being so pathetic these days, Mora Jr's guys are having problems on both sides of the ball and the offense seems completely lost once they go down early. What I though I would mention is that Cleveland is ready for the run. They have pracited for an entire week with WR Joshua Cribbs as a Michael Vick imperonator (he was a great rushing QB in college) and they have this game all planned out. The Falcons are averaging 28.0 points per game in their last three games but have done so on only 379.3 total yards of offense and 5.9 yards per play. Not bad. However, Cleveland's defense is tough as nails and they are allowing only 307.0 total yards of offense in their last three games for 5.0 yards per play. On the ground, there is no need to mention how efficient the Falcons are but there is better in the NFL. Cleveland are horrendous against the run so they are going to have to find a way to stop Vick and Dunn. Allowing 4.9 yards per carry like they have in their last three games is not acceptable. I think the indoor turf could however help some of the Cleveland guys get some stops. In the air, Vick has been solid and is passing for 7.3 yards per pass attempt in his last three games but he has thrown 4 interceptions and could be in for a surprise in this game. Cleveland's defense is allowing a 51.5% of passes to be completed the last three weeks and allowing only 5.1 yards per pass attempt. They have 6 sacks and 4 interceptions the last three weeks and will need to make big plays. Penalties are a big problem for the Falcons. I just don't see how they can cover this spread after what happened last week in Detroit.

The public is in love with Atlanta expecting them to bounce back from their blowout loss in Detroit with a big win at home against the lowly Browns. How quickly you Atlanta backers have forgotten about the home loss to the Giants. This game is not urgent for the Falcons and they have bigger and better things coming up in the next few weeks. Cleveland is feisty and getting no respect from the oddsmakers whatsoever. The Browns are a discplined team while the Falcons are definitely not avoiding penalties. Classic trap game. What a mistake by anyone betting on a team who is allowing 7.1 yards per play their last three games but still favored by this many points. On that note, cue the 'Mike Vick Sucks' threads after the game.

Trend of the Game: Cleveland is 4-2 ATS thier last six on the road

Cleveland 29, Atlanta 24

Washington Redskins +7 (1 Unit)

The Washington Redskins are another one of those complex teams where you don't really know what you are going to get week in and week out. That's not a problem with me because when you are giving a team like that this many points, I will more than gladly jump all over this. Washington is a team that beat Dallas last week and beat Jacksonville a few weeks before that but also a team that lost to Tennessee and Minnesota. So what to think of these guys? It's all about situational matchups and probability of success against a certain opponent. The Skins are 3-5 on the year right now and unless they can turn things around in a heartbeat, they have almost no chance of making the post-season which would be a big deal once again. I warn anyone betting on Washington because they beat Philly here last January to approach with caution because the Eagles were sitting almost all their starters in that game and it didn't mean much in the end. Okay so here we are this week with the Skins coming into this game on a wave of energy and confidence coming off that big win over the Cowboys last Sunday. The last time the Skins broke a losing streak with a win, they followed that up with another great performance by beating Jacksonville. The Redskins are averaging 16.5 points per game on the road this season and have 307.3 total yards of offense and 5.5 yards per play away from home. Philly's defense is allowing 19.0 points per home game this season on 331.8 total yards of offense and only 4.8 yards per play. On the ground is where the Skins have to dominate this game. They average a whopping 4.9 yards per carry on the road this season and need to pound away and expose some LB weaknesses for the Eagles. Philly is allowing only 3.9 yards per carry at home but I expect RB Clinton Portis to move the chains quite a few times in this one. In the air, QB Mark Brunell has really played well on the road completing 68.8% of his passes for 6.0 yards per pass attempt. He has thrown only 1 interception on the road so I am happy to know he will take the sack when needed instead of throwing it away. There is no doubt in my mind that Washington has to run the ball and run some time off the clock in this one. The Redskins cannot afford to start trading TD's with the Eagles and I say that because Philadelphia's secondary is allowing only 5.4 yards per pass attempt at home and intercepting 1.5 passes per home game. Dangerous. What I do like about this one is that Washington is a decent third down team on the road completing almost 40% of them but they will need more than a few big plays in this game.

The Philadelphia Eagles are coming off a BYE week this week and boy did they ever need that BYE week. Having lost three games heading into the break, the now 4-4 Eagles are starting to look like the team everyone thought they would look like before the season started. I mean how much could have changed in the off week that would make this Philadelphia team all that better? They still don't have a running game and Andy Reid refuses to try anything but long passes. McNabb is making a lot of mistakes now that his big name receivers have come and gone all in the last couple of seasons. In the NFL, people have to understand that because of the great salary cap and the great contractual structuring, good teams can become bad teams in the blink of an eye and bad teams can become good teams with the flash of a nice fat paycheck. So in this case, the Eagles are just not what they used to be. Their four wins this season have been against Green Bay, San Francisco, Dallas (that was a TO revenge game where they actually cared) and Houston. Who? They most definitely have not shown a pulse against a so-so team and I don't see why it would change again this week. Philly is averaging 24.8 points per game at home this season on 364.8 total yards of offense and 6.1 yards per play. Washington have done a decent defensive job on the road allowing only 372.8 total yards per road game on 6.1 yards per play. On the ground, the Eagles are rushing for only 93.8 total yards per home game this season which is a big problem in this game because Washington is allowing 4.2 yards per carry away from home. However, Andy Reid will the usual dumbass that he is and will probably throw most of the time setting up third and long. In the air, McNabb has completed only 55.6% of his passes at home for 7.5 yards per pass attempt. He has been sacked 12 times at home and the protection he used to get is no longer there. Donovan has thrown 5 INT's on the season but none have come at home. Unless Washington pulls a few miracles, don't expect any picks in this one seeing that the Skins have onle one interception away from home. Greg Williams is going to have to find a way to generate pressure on McNabb and force him into mistakes. Philly is a team that fumbles a lot and the Skins players will have to take swats at the ball as often as possible. The Eagles are converting only 31.4% of third downs at home and their Red Zone offense is scoring touchdowns only 45.5% of the time once they get in there at home. Without the usual Eagles killer instinct, expect this game to stay a lot close than some think.

People just don't get it do they? How many times are you going to back a team that has not covered the spread in 3 weeks? I mean the perception of everyone remains the same in the sense that Philly can't keep losing games and Philly this and Philly that. FACE REALITY PEOPLE! The Eagles are just not the same team anymore, Andy Reid's crap doesn't work as much as it used to and as long as Philly wants to ignore running the ball, they will keep faltering when it comes to covering spreads. Vegas knows whats up here and they have set this line right on the money. It's too high but the suckers keep biting.

Trend of the Game: Philadelphia is 2-8 ATS in their last 10 versus the NFC East

Philadelphia 24, Washington 19

Oakland Raiders +9.5 (10 Units)

The Denver Broncos are heading in the right direction with Mike Shanahan but will that direction take a detour this week in Oakland. This is a very very dangerous spot for the Broncos because they could easily walk in here and take the Raiders lightly. Im pretty sure most of the Denver team was at home on Monday Night watching this Oakland team get slaughtered like they didn't belong in the NFL and I am sure that preparing for this game during the week was a little tougher because of the level of competition. The Broncos are 3-1 ATS on the road this season and have looked impressive but seeing that they just won their second biggest game of the season by walking into Blitzburgh and knocking off the defending champs, this is surely going to be a week where guys just want to make it out of this game without further injury and without further damage to their team. Oakland has officially been declared the team that every pounds on from week to week and that won't change until someone on this Raiders team can step up and make us see otherwise. Well I already see it and I don't buy what Denver is selling me. The Broncos are averaging a nice 26.3 points per game in their last three games but have done so on only 359.7 total yards per game and 5.8 yards per play. Oakland's defens was once again their only bright spot on Monday Night. They have allowed only 12.7 points per game in their last three games and are allowing only 318.3 total yards and 5.1 yards per play in those games. Impressive and noteworthy. On the ground is where Denver chews up all the time and yardage as they average 5.1 yards per carry in their last three games. Oakland is allowing some 115.3 rushing yards per game in their last three but I see them making some big plays in this one. In the air, QB Jake Plummer is completing only 55.1% of his passes the last three weeks for 6.6 yards per pass attempt. He has been intercepted twice and sacked 4 times in three weeks. Oakland's defense is allowing their last three opposing QB's to complete only 56.6% of their passes for 6.2 yards per pass attempt. They have 11 sacks and 6 interceptions in the last three games and I see them making more plays in this game. Oakland is allowing only 26.1% of third downs to be converted against them the last three weeks and they have not allowed a Red Zone touchdown in those same three weeks. Denver will have to kick a lot of FG's in this game because the Raiders are relentlessly loud and proud in their zone at home which makes things hard for Shanahan and company. He hates the Raiders and they hate him.

The Oakland Raiders are pathetic, they suck, they are horrendous but they won me some cash on Monday Night by losing and not covering against the Seattle Seahawks. Thanks boys...now make me some more cash baby! The Raiders are still not as bad as everyone is saying and I refuse to admit they are. Their defense is still notches better than several NFL defense and as long as the defense is making plays and making stops, the offense will always have a pulse and a shot at some points. The Raiders are not as bad as San Francisco and even the Niners were capable of pulling off the upset last week. So why not some more California love and some more upset stomachs. This is still the Oakland team that beat Pittsburgh here two weeks ago and the same Oakland team that also demolished the lowly Arizona Cardinals. I have not given up on these guys just yet and although playoffs are not possible, the Raiders, their fans and Al Davis all want a nice piece of Mike Shanahan which they will get once again this season. Beating Shanahan in his return to Oakland has not exactly been a pleasant thing for the Raiders and their goons but could this be the time? I mean the Raiders did play Denver tough in thier first meeting of the season. Now it's time for payback. The Raiders average only 14.0 points per game in their last three games on only 226.0 total yards of offense and 4.2 yards per play. Denver on the other hand is allowing 20.3 points per game in their last three for 367.0 total yards and a whopping 6.2 yards per play. On the ground, not many teams have tried to run against the Broncos but most teams don't know that in their last three games they allow 4.2 yards per carry but teams attempt only 17.7 carries per game in those games. The Raiders have a decent running attack so I would throw some early at the Broncos in this game. In the air, QB Andre Walter has had it rough but he should be fine. Forget all the Monday Night sacks and all that crap. Denver have 9 sacks of their own the last three games but I have a feeling the Raiders worked hard this week on some new offensive attack schemes that protect Walter from getting killed. Denver is allowing a whopping 7.0 yards per pass attempt the last three weeks and if Walter has a bit of time, look for Moss to lay a beating on Champ Bailey. The key to this game will be execution on offense for Oakland. They also need some good kickoff returns (Denver is very vulnerable) and some good field position setups from their defense. This is going to be Oakland's chance to turn some heads after the embarassment on National TV.

Vegas has this all planned out. Keeping the line below the 10 point mark was crucial. So the Raiders went from 7 point road dogs to 9 point home dogs after almost covering the seven points on the road? People, they still have some good defense and big time special teams playmakers. Denver has been known to sit around against weaker teams like this and it has shown in years past. Seeing that they just beat the Steelers, practice this week was probably light and I don't know how serious this team is about playing the Raiders who were nationally embarassed on monday night. Be careful and don't say I didn't warn you. I'm ready for an upset special.

Trend of the Game: Denver is 2-5 ATS in their last seven games as favorites

Oakland 23, Denver 10

RECAP:

Cleveland +9
Washington +7
Oakland +9.5

***SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY NIGHT GAMES WILL BE POSTED ABOUT 1 HOUR BEFORE KICKOFF!

Good Luck to all!

:eek:

bad gambler
11-12-2006, 10:10 AM
1pm Games

Titans to cover +7.5 v Ravens - $1.94

OVER 47.5 Bengals v Chargers - $1.90

4pm Games

Sheep to cover +3.5 v Seahawks - $1.91

SNF

Bears to beat G-Men - $2.05

good luck

Nitefaery
11-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Jacksonville x New England x Denver x Colts :eek:
Colts -10

I like Baltimore and Detroit but will wait untill later.

Good Luck! :yeah:

tennis_spider
11-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Mike VICK is 6 th best winning active QB in NFL. He is a WINNER.

Browns upset will go down the drain where they belong. :)

Falcons will pound CLE with running game. ( No 1 Rushhing team in NFL )

2 west coast teams playing at 1:00 PM ( Huge time difference )

West coast teams don't do well on East coast trips : 1:00 PM starts.

San Diego @ Cincinnati

San Francisco @ Detroit

Like both home teams here :)

Dallas @ Arizona

Backing home teams coming off a bye has been a profitable strategy this season, cashing a 69.2 percent clip (9-4 ATS). The angle was golden last week, with the Bills, Lions and Redskins all relishing the week off and a game in their friendly confines. The Cowboys are the superior team in this matchup, but they have played three consecutive emotionally draining games: the home loss to the Giants, the gutsy comeback at Carolina and the roller-coaster loss at Washington. This is the Cowboys’ third straight road game, and the Cardinals have had two weeks to break down Dallas tape and rally after their terrible start. Could the Cards go in the tank down the stretch? Sure. But not in their first game after the bye.

Arizona +7.5

RAMS + 3

Huge div matchup

Anders
11-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Played these over the past 6 days... GL all

STD: 63-65-2 +4.40 units

Wk 10:

Indy -11.5 -105 o Buff (2.5 units)
Chicago +3 -123 o NYG (2)
New Orleans +4 -109 o Pitt (2)
Detroit -6 -102 o SF (3)
Denver -7 -104 o Oak (2)
Jets +10.5 -108 (2)
Chiefs -1 +102 (2)
Buff/Indy o44.5 -109 (2)
Hou/Jax u38 -109 (2)
Cleveland +9 -120 o Atl (2)
Houston +10.5 -116 o Jax (2)
Wash +7.5 -109 o Phil (2)

Mistaflava
11-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Mike VICK is 6 th best winning active QB in NFL. He is a WINNER.

Browns upset will go down the drain where they belong. :)

Falcons will pound CLE with running game. ( No 1 Rushhing team in NFL )

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Why did you edit out my name bro? BROWNS MONEY LINE BABY!

Olao
11-12-2006, 08:40 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Outstanding work again, Flava - you're nailed in the zone at the moment. :worship:

Mistaflava
11-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Sunday, November 12

Chicago-NY Giants 'UNDER' 37 (25 Units) ***PRIMETIME TOTAL OF THE WEEK***

The Chicago Bears finally showed the NFL world that their armor really is as bendable as it was in the Arizona monday night fiasco about a month ago. The Miami Dolphins showed some big time signs of life last week by walking into Soldier Field and demolishing the unbeaten Bears. As much as I would like to think that Chicago had it coming, you have to believe that they had a bad game and it will rarely happen again. If you ask me, the Bears are still the #1 overall talented team in the NFL but how much can you trust these guys when it comes to PrimeTime telelvision games like this one? The Bears are now 7-1 on the season and losing another game would not be the end of the world. However, this is a team that plays with pride and I can tell you right now that sprained toe or no sprained toe, their leader Brian Urlacher gathered the troops this week and vowed to have an outstanding game against the Giants. Defenses like Baltimore, Chicago and a few others do not react well to giving up a lot of points. They are very anxious to get back on the field and the Bears want to do just that after allowing 31 whopping points to the Dolphins last week. I mean this is still a defense that has allowed 11 or more points in only three games this season and each time they have done so, they have held their next opponent to less than 11 points. The Bears are averaging 23.0 points per game on the road this season but have done it on only 286.0 total yards of offense and 4.8 yards per play. The number of points scored is misleading. The Giants defense is allowing only 10.5 points per home game this season on a killer 229.0 total yards of offense and 4.1 yards per play. That's as solid as it gets at home. On the ground, the Bears average only 66.0 rushing yards per game away from home on 2.7 yards per carry. RB Thomas Jones is averaging only 33.9 rushing yards per game in 8 career night games and only 28.8 rushing yards per game against the NFC East in 26 career games. The Giants are allowing only 63.5 rushing yards per home game on 3.1 yards per carry and without a good performance from Jones, the honus is on the young QB. Rex Grossman is completing only 53.3% of his passes away from home this season for only 6.3 yards per pass attempt. He has thrown 7 interceptions on the road...HORRIBLE! In seven career road games, his QB Rating is 63.5 and he has thrown 9 INT's to 4 TD's. The four Giants home opponents this season completed only 55.3% of their passes for only 4.7 yards per pass attempt. The Giants have only one interception at home this year but that should change when they pressure Grossman into bad decisions. Chicago does not have a single touchdown in the RedZone on the road this year and they convert only 30.2% of third downs away from home. I see them struggling and relying on their defense to make some plays.

The NY Giants have very quietly become one of the top teams in the NFL this season. Most people don't realize that after losing two of their first three games this season, the Giants have since won five straight games and they have done so by shutting down some pretty damn good offensive teams. What I would like to remind a lot of people is that trying to shoot things out with the Bears will not work two weeks in a row and the Giants know this. Their gameplan coming into this thing is to move the ball as well and as technically sound as possible against the Bears. It's like a game of chess because you have to figure out how to pull off small play after small play to get the defense tired and possibly catch them sleeping at any given moment. The Giants are almost always impressive when playing on National TV and Eli Manning is turning into a very good QB. This is the Giants third straight home game and they should be well rested and ready to rock some Bearcubs on defense. The Giants are another team that can afford to lose a game so they won't panic early if they go down by a touchdown or something and they will continue to run a very conservative attack plan. As much as they think that this Bears defense can crack like they did last week, it's just not happening. The Giants average only 17.8 points per home game this season on only 345.0 total yards of offense and 5.4 yards per play. Chicago's defense is allowing only 13.0 points per road game this year on 279.7 total yards and 4.5 yards per play. On the ground, the Giants love to run at home and average 142.8 rushing yards per game on 4.5 yards per carry. RB Tiki Barber has always been a stud against NFC North teams but is averaging 79.0 rushing yards in two career games against the Bears and is surprisingly averaging only 54.4 rushing yards in 21 career night games. Seeing that the Bears allow only 88.7 rushing yards per road game on 3.1 yards per carry, things won't come easy tonight for Tiki. In the air, Manning is completing 59.8% of his passes at home for only 6.4 yards per pass attempt. Manning has been impressive in PrimeTime TV games but in his only career game against an NFC North team (Minnesota), he threw 4 INT's and had a QB Rating of 39.5. Eli has always been a good September, October QB but always seems to tail off once we hit November. The Bears defense is allowing only 5.6 yards per pass attempt on the road and although they don't make huge plays, they work well as a team and limit the big yardage plays. The Giants have a good touchdown rate from inside the Red Zone at home this season but the Bears defense is holding road opponents to only 26.1% on third downs away from home and they are holding opponents to only 16.7% conversion rate in the Red Zone on the road. I don't see this being anything other than a FG fest. The Bears don't have any away TD's in the Red Zone this year while the Giants will settle for three all night.

I see that the public is pretty much split on which way this total will go but how can anyone on the OVER think that the Bears are actually going to come out and give up a lot of points in this game? Get real. The best defensive unit in the NFL is not about to do that. With Urlacher probably playing, they will be fired up and they will ensure that this game stays low scoring. Seeing that the game is low scoring, playing the spread is not a good idea. WR's Brian Berrian and Armani Toomer are both out making this a running battle with limited options in the air. Umenyiora and Strahan are also out but it won't make a difference. Vegas gets nothing out of the game tonight since people are on both sides so it's time to get sharp and learn where the money really stands and thats on the UNDER.

Trend of the Game: The UNDER is 6-0 in the Giants last six games as a home favorite

NY Giants 13, Chicago 12

RECAP:

Cleveland +9 WIN
Washington +7 LOSS
Oakland +9.5 WIN
CHI-NYG 'Under' 37 PENDING

Good Luck to all!

http://cappingthegame.com/forum/images/smilies/Beer.gif
<!-- / message -->

bad gambler
11-12-2006, 11:38 PM
c'mon Flava you pussy, pick a side ;)

gl buddy, though lets switch that score prediction around ;)

tennis_spider
11-12-2006, 11:41 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Awesoeme flava :worship: :worship:

You were right on . Credit is given where credit is due. No doubt. :angel:

breadman7
11-13-2006, 03:02 AM
ok Ill have a go now.

Miami ml WON
tenn +71/2 WON
phily -6 1/2 WON
detroit o46 1/2 LOST

good luck everyone

O.K. Nice start 3 from 4:eek:

bad gambler
11-13-2006, 03:42 AM
1pm Games

Titans to cover +7.5 v Ravens - $1.94

OVER 47.5 Bengals v Chargers - $1.90

4pm Games

Sheep to cover +3.5 v Seahawks - $1.91

SNF

Bears to beat G-Men - $2.05

good luck

slam dunk

SwiSha
11-13-2006, 03:57 AM
great picks BG congrats mate

Mistaflava
11-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Monday, November 13

Carolina Panthers -10 (50 Units) ***MONDAY NIGHT PLAY OF THE YEAR***

I have not had a losing week in the NFL since way back in the early weeks of the season but I am putting that on the line for this Monday Nighter. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were on quite the roll after beating the Eagles and Bengals both at home but the reality of things is that they really lost the game to McNabb and the Eagles and they really lost the game against Cincinnati. I mean kicking a 62 yard FG to win a game is always nice but it's also lucky and the chances of that ever happening again are slim to none. In the Cincinnati game, a freak pass and catch at the end regulation gave the Bucs the touchdown and the win after being down 13-7 with :01 remaining on the clock. So in other words, if the play is not reviewed and reversed, the Bucs lose that game as well and once again this is a case where a play like that will only happen once in a blue moon. The reality of it is that Tampa Bay is an 0-8 caliber team. They are 2-6 on the season, their playoff hopes are gonzo and they don't have much to play for but pride. In the first meeting in Tampa, the Bucs had hope and they were playing for their first win of the season although they lost by two. With all the injuries on defense and with a sleeping giant about to wakeup in the Carolina offense, the Bucs are in big time trouble in this game. Apart from their trip to the indoor confines of New Orleans, the Bucs have scored a total of six points in two road games. Tampa Bay is averaging 13.3 points per game in their last three games on a pathetic 198.7 total yards per game and 3.6 yards per play. THAT IS UNREAL! The Panthers defense is allowing 24.3 points per game in their last three but they are coming off a BYE week and their new season starts today. Up to this point they have not played Panther-like defense in the second half of games but that's all about to change. On the ground, RB Cadillac Williams had a monster game here last season but the Bucs average only 73.0 rushing yards per game in their last three and Carolina allows only 3.9 yards per carry in their last three. Williams could have success but playing from behind won't work at all and the honus will be on rookie QB Bruce Gradkowski. I have always aid that Gradkowski is a Tom Brady-esque QB who doesn't show signs of the transition between college and the pros. However, every QB has to play his first Monday Nighter and this is his first Monday Nighter of his career. Check that, this is also Cadillac Williams first Monday Nighter ever. This is actually both their first televised night games as well. Gradkowskis is completing only 48.6% of his passes the last three games for only 3.6 yards per pass attempt. Gradkowski has been sacked 8 times in three games but has yet to throw interceptions. Well the Carolina defense has been resting since October 29 and they are ready to show signs of the old Carolina D. They had three interceptions in three games before the break and recorded 7 sacks in those games. The Bucs have been horrendous in third down situations, converting only 25.0% of them in the last three games and I don't see that changing with the Monday Night Lights shining bright. The Bucs are done for the season and with first time monday nighters in Gradkowski and Williams, the Panthers should have no problems holding them to no points at all.

The Carolina Panthers are doing what they have been doing the last few years and that is sucking their first eight games of the season. They are currently 4-4 on the year and although that's not considered to be all that bad, this is the time of the year where the Panthers always turn on the engines, finish something like 10-6 on the year and make people wonder where they have been all year. They were 5-3 in the second half of the season last year and 6-2 the year before in their last eight games of the year. I would like to think that at this point in the season, both the offense and defense have greatly underachieved and I doubt that any member of either side is quite happy with the way they have played to start the year. Having had the bye week to recover from all that has happened to the team, including an embarassing Sunday Night loss to the Cowboys right before the week off, the Panthers have been anxious to get out on the field and show that they are no doubt a playoff caliber team. Taking a look back at what they have done, they did beat Baltimore in Baltimore and prior to losing their two games before the break, they had won four straight games against the Bucs, Ravens, Saints and Browns. All I know is that the Panthers are a team that responds well to adversity and this could be one huge game for them against a Bucs team that is showing no signs of life. The Panthers have struggled badly on offense all season long but it's time for this powerfu offense to breakout of it's shell. The Panthers average only 17.0 points per game in their last three games and average only 298.3 total yards per game in those games. However, Tampa Bay's defense is badly banged up and allowing 23.0 points per game in their last three games for 373.3 total yards and 5.7 yards per play. The key to this game? Tampa Bay will be without starting DT Ellis Wyms, starting MLB Shelton Quarles and starting DE Simeon Rice. Doesn't sound like much. Well the Bucs have 12 sacks on the season and Rice and Wyms have 6 of those sacks. Quarles leaves a massive gap up the middle because he is third on the team with 55 tackles and he is a big part of the second line that meets opposing RB's. On the ground, RB Deshaun Foster has struggled but there is now the dual threat of DeAngelo Williams as well. The Panthers average 106.8 rushing yards per home game on 4.7 yards per carry and get to face a depleted Bucs defense allowing 185.7 rushing yards per road game on 5.3 yards per carry. Williams and Foster should each rush for 50+ yards and there is a strong chance of Williams hitting the 100 mark for the first time in his career. In the air, QB Jake Delhomme has been so-so to start the year completing 58.9% of his passes for 6.4 yards per pass attempt. Not that great. However, did you know that throughout his career, Delhomme has a QB Rating of only 81.1 through games 1 to 8 completing 51.8% of his passes for 7.0 yards per pass attempt and 30 INT's? However, throughout games 9 to 16, Delhomme has a career QB Rating of 90.0 with a 61.0% completion rate, 7.7 yards per pass attempt and only 22 INT's. In their last three games this season, the Tampa Bay defense has allowed opposing QB's to complete a whopping 63.3% of their passes for 7.7 yards per pass attempt. They generate almost no pressure on opposing QB's (3 sacks in their last three games) and they won't get any sacks tonight with Rice and Syms both out. As long as Delhomme can stay away from making stupid throws (which I clearly think he can), the Panthers should have problems scoring point after point after point. Tampa's last three opponents have converted 45.2% of third down chances and are allowing other teams to score touchdowns 66.7% of the time from inside the red zone. This is a great chance for the Panthers to get their offense in gear for the remainder of the season and they should have no problems doing it against this depleted but already shitty Tampa Bay defense. Panthers steamroll these clowns.

I was almost sure that the public would be pounding the Panthers in this game but it doesn't look that way. It looks more like the public is leaning to the Panthers but they all have doubts and a lot of people are taking the Bucs and the points. Well for those of you who haven't watched NFL games in the past, let me tell you that from Games 1-8 of the season, the Panthers are garbage and are fade material. However, come games 9-16, Jake Delhomme is one of the best QB's in the NFL and the Panthers are one of the best second half of the season teams. Did I mention that Tampa allows 5.3 yards per carry on the road and their starting MLB is out tonight? Watch and learn what I am talking about tonight. Don't be fooled by the Panthers early struggles because the BYE week gave them a new lease on life. PLAY OF THE YEAR for Monday Nights.

Trend of the Game: Carolina is 5-1 ATS the last six games that follow a double digit loss at home.

Carolina 37, Tampa Bay 7

bad gambler
11-13-2006, 08:12 PM
MNF

Panthers to cover -9.5 v Bucs - $1.89

good luck

Lebowski
11-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Gruden hinted its gonna be Cadillac all night..

Bucs +10

tennis_spider
11-14-2006, 12:34 AM
Panthers -9

Gl to all :)

Mistaflava
11-14-2006, 03:47 AM
Monday, November 13

I have not had a losing week in the NFL since way back in the early weeks of the season but I am putting that on the line for this Monday Nighter. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were on quite the roll after beating the Eagles and Bengals both at home but the reality of things is that they really lost the game to McNabb and the Eagles and they really lost the game against Cincinnati. I mean kicking a 62 yard FG to win a game is always nice but it's also lucky and the chances of that ever happening again are slim to none. In the Cincinnati game, a freak pass and catch at the end regulation gave the Bucs the touchdown and the win after being down 13-7 with :01 remaining on the clock. So in other words, if the play is not reviewed and reversed, the Bucs lose that game as well and once again this is a case where a play like that will only happen once in a blue moon. The reality of it is that Tampa Bay is an 0-8 caliber team. They are 2-6 on the season, their playoff hopes are gonzo and they don't have much to play for but pride. In the first meeting in Tampa, the Bucs had hope and they were playing for their first win of the season although they lost by two. With all the injuries on defense and with a sleeping giant about to wakeup in the Carolina offense, the Bucs are in big time trouble in this game. Apart from their trip to the indoor confines of New Orleans, the Bucs have scored a total of six points in two road games. Tampa Bay is averaging 13.3 points per game in their last three games on a pathetic 198.7 total yards per game and 3.6 yards per play. THAT IS UNREAL! The Panthers defense is allowing 24.3 points per game in their last three but they are coming off a BYE week and their new season starts today. Up to this point they have not played Panther-like defense in the second half of games but that's all about to change. On the ground, RB Cadillac Williams had a monster game here last season but the Bucs average only 73.0 rushing yards per game in their last three and Carolina allows only 3.9 yards per carry in their last three. Williams could have success but playing from behind won't work at all and the honus will be on rookie QB Bruce Gradkowski. I have always aid that Gradkowski is a Tom Brady-esque QB who doesn't show signs of the transition between college and the pros. However, every QB has to play his first Monday Nighter and this is his first Monday Nighter of his career. Check that, this is also Cadillac Williams first Monday Nighter ever. This is actually both their first televised night games as well. Gradkowskis is completing only 48.6% of his passes the last three games for only 3.6 yards per pass attempt. Gradkowski has been sacked 8 times in three games but has yet to throw interceptions. Well the Carolina defense has been resting since October 29 and they are ready to show signs of the old Carolina D. They had three interceptions in three games before the break and recorded 7 sacks in those games. The Bucs have been horrendous in third down situations, converting only 25.0% of them in the last three games and I don't see that changing with the Monday Night Lights shining bright. The Bucs are done for the season and with first time monday nighters in Gradkowski and Williams, the Panthers should have no problems holding them to no points at all.

The Carolina Panthers are doing what they have been doing the last few years and that is sucking their first eight games of the season. They are currently 4-4 on the year and although that's not considered to be all that bad, this is the time of the year where the Panthers always turn on the engines, finish something like 10-6 on the year and make people wonder where they have been all year. They were 5-3 in the second half of the season last year and 6-2 the year before in their last eight games of the year. I would like to think that at this point in the season, both the offense and defense have greatly underachieved and I doubt that any member of either side is quite happy with the way they have played to start the year. Having had the bye week to recover from all that has happened to the team, including an embarassing Sunday Night loss to the Cowboys right before the week off, the Panthers have been anxious to get out on the field and show that they are no doubt a playoff caliber team. Taking a look back at what they have done, they did beat Baltimore in Baltimore and prior to losing their two games before the break, they had won four straight games against the Bucs, Ravens, Saints and Browns. All I know is that the Panthers are a team that responds well to adversity and this could be one huge game for them against a Bucs team that is showing no signs of life. The Panthers have struggled badly on offense all season long but it's time for this powerfu offense to breakout of it's shell. The Panthers average only 17.0 points per game in their last three games and average only 298.3 total yards per game in those games. However, Tampa Bay's defense is badly banged up and allowing 23.0 points per game in their last three games for 373.3 total yards and 5.7 yards per play. The key to this game? Tampa Bay will be without starting DT Ellis Wyms, starting MLB Shelton Quarles and starting DE Simeon Rice. Doesn't sound like much. Well the Bucs have 12 sacks on the season and Rice and Wyms have 6 of those sacks. Quarles leaves a massive gap up the middle because he is third on the team with 55 tackles and he is a big part of the second line that meets opposing RB's. On the ground, RB Deshaun Foster has struggled but there is now the dual threat of DeAngelo Williams as well. The Panthers average 106.8 rushing yards per home game on 4.7 yards per carry and get to face a depleted Bucs defense allowing 185.7 rushing yards per road game on 5.3 yards per carry. Williams and Foster should each rush for 50+ yards and there is a strong chance of Williams hitting the 100 mark for the first time in his career. In the air, QB Jake Delhomme has been so-so to start the year completing 58.9% of his passes for 6.4 yards per pass attempt. Not that great. However, did you know that throughout his career, Delhomme has a QB Rating of only 81.1 through games 1 to 8 completing 51.8% of his passes for 7.0 yards per pass attempt and 30 INT's? However, throughout games 9 to 16, Delhomme has a career QB Rating of 90.0 with a 61.0% completion rate, 7.7 yards per pass attempt and only 22 INT's. In their last three games this season, the Tampa Bay defense has allowed opposing QB's to complete a whopping 63.3% of their passes for 7.7 yards per pass attempt. They generate almost no pressure on opposing QB's (3 sacks in their last three games) and they won't get any sacks tonight with Rice and Syms both out. As long as Delhomme can stay away from making stupid throws (which I clearly think he can), the Panthers should have problems scoring point after point after point. Tampa's last three opponents have converted 45.2% of third down chances and are allowing other teams to score touchdowns 66.7% of the time from inside the red zone. This is a great chance for the Panthers to get their offense in gear for the remainder of the season and they should have no problems doing it against this depleted but already shitty Tampa Bay defense. Panthers steamroll these clowns.

I was almost sure that the public would be pounding the Panthers in this game but it doesn't look that way. It looks more like the public is leaning to the Panthers but they all have doubts and a lot of people are taking the Bucs and the points. Well for those of you who haven't watched NFL games in the past, let me tell you that from Games 1-8 of the season, the Panthers are garbage and are fade material. However, come games 9-16, Jake Delhomme is one of the best QB's in the NFL and the Panthers are one of the best second half of the season teams. Did I mention that Tampa allows 5.3 yards per carry on the road and their starting MLB is out tonight? Watch and learn what I am talking about tonight. Don't be fooled by the Panthers early struggles because the BYE week gave them a new lease on life. PLAY OF THE YEAR for Monday Nights.

Trend of the Game: Carolina is 5-1 ATS the last six games that follow a double digit loss at home.

Carolina 37, Tampa Bay 7

PANTHERS BABY!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mistaflava
Panthers -9

Gl to all :)

Nice win bro!

Olao
[QUOTE=Mistaflava;4447046]Monday, November 13

Carolina 37, Tampa Bay 7

It was not pretty nor convincing from the home team who deserved some booing in the first half, but you stay in the zone, Flava - played, bro.:worship:

tennis_spider
11-14-2006, 05:04 AM
Nize win BG & Mista :)

bad gambler
11-14-2006, 05:53 AM
MNF

Panthers to cover -9.5 v Bucs - $1.89

good luck

win