Suicide Managers 2007 Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Suicide Managers 2007 Thread

Pages : [1] 2

superhoops
11-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Commit here if you would like to be a Suicide Tennis Manager. I think managers should set the number of people they want as a maximum to play the event as they may not have the time contraints to have an unlimited about of people playing the event. Players can only play one event a week.

Here are the following managers:

Date Tournament Manager

12/02/2007 Marseille shootingstar
18/02/2007 Buenos Aires ExcaliburII
25/02/2007 Dubai DeathlessMortal
05/03/2007 Indian Wells ExcaliburII
19/03/2007 Miami Foosimoo
09/04/2007 Houston Snowwy
16/04/2007 Monte Carlo johnnyCanuck
23/04/2007 Barcelona ExcaliburII
30/04/2007 Munich johnnyCanuck
07/05/2007 Rome DeathlessMortal
14/05/2007 Hamburg ExcaliburII
21/05/2007 Pörtschach qczi
28/05/2007 Roland Garros Deathless Mortal
11/06/2007 Queen's ExcaliburII
18/06/2007 Nottingham Superhoops
25/06/2007 Wimbledon Snowwy
09/07/2007 Gstaad johnnyCanuck
16/07/2007 Stuttgart ExcaliburII
23/07/2007 Indianapolis Foosimoo
30/07/2007 Washington
06/08/2007 Montreal
13/08/2007 Cincinnati Snowwy
20/08/2007 New Haven
27/08/2007 US Open ExcaliburII
10/09/2007 Beijing OR Bucharest
24/09/2007 Bangkok OR Mumbai
01/10/2007 Tokyo OR Metz
08/10/2007 Moscow OR Stockholm OR Vienna
16/10/2007 Madrid
22/10/2007 Basel OR Petersburg OR Lyon
29/10/2007 Paris Deathless Mortal

gaynor
11-10-2006, 06:22 AM
Commit here if you would like to be a TT Manager.

TT:p ???

yemok
11-10-2006, 01:29 PM
I think managers should set the number of people they want as a maximum to play the event as they may not have the time contraints to have an unlimited about of people playing the event.

I agree!

we have to decide how many tournaments to run weekly in Suicide Tennis - if we have many players we can run more than one, but there must be a minimum number of players in order to run a tourney, I think...
May be it's good idea to stick to the original ATP-draw of every tourney...

btw I'll take Australian Open and some of the warm-up tournaments (if no managers for them appear)

superhoops
11-10-2006, 06:15 PM
My bad on the TT thing. Is it ok if i put the AO as ul?

keqtqiadv
11-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Bah, it's not TT, there shouldn't be any limit since this game doesn't require it :shrug:

yemok
11-10-2006, 08:38 PM
My bad on the TT thing. Is it ok if i put the AO as ul?

sorry, i can't understand the question :shrug:

Grofica
11-11-2006, 12:34 AM
I will take Sydney, I don;t think there should be players limit, it isn't point of this game:)

Foosimoo
11-11-2006, 01:25 AM
I think there should only be 1 tournament per week. Usually, one is enough. :shrug:

ExcaliburII
11-11-2006, 01:31 AM
I want Buenos Aires please.

superhoops
11-11-2006, 12:01 PM
What i mean by player limit is that some managers might not have the time requirements to have say 100 people in a tournament and that is why they have have a maximum amount of people that they will allow play the tournament they are running but that is why there are more than 1 tournament a week.

Yemok what i mean is do you want me to put next to AO that you do not want a limit on the amount of people that can play AO and therefore ul (unlimitied)?

yemok
11-11-2006, 01:56 PM
What i mean by player limit is that some managers might not have the time requirements to have say 100 people in a tournament and that is why they have have a maximum amount of people that they will allow play the tournament they are running but that is why there are more than 1 tournament a week.

Yemok what i mean is do you want me to put next to AO that you do not want a limit on the amount of people that can play AO and therefore ul (unlimitied)?

yep
for Ausie Open there will be no entry list limit for sure!

yemok
11-11-2006, 02:12 PM
I think there should only be 1 tournament per week. Usually, one is enough. :shrug:

Usually - yes. But imagine some small tournament with 50-60 suiciders and 14-15 winners on Sunday (it's possible) ... sounds a little bit stupid, I think.
So that's another reason to play more than 1 tournament in a week

2 fields with 25 participants is better than one with 50

or? :)

superhoops
11-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Everyone else who has committed for a tourny do you want a limit on the amount of players that can enter your tourny and if so what?

ExcaliburII
11-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Everyone else who has committed for a tourny do you want a limit on the amount of players that can enter your tourny and if so what?

unlimited for me please.

keqtqiadv
11-11-2006, 03:57 PM

Managers should commit if they have time :p It's the kind of game that doesn't need it. :shrug: There's no need for a maximum amount of players, just run more than one tournament a week and let they play only of one them.

yemok
11-12-2006, 08:05 AM
SOMETHING URGENT!

21 players didn't post day1 pick (usually 2-3-4 forget to do it). I think the reason might be the initial suggestion to start the game on Tuesday. Some of the people probably saw the message and stop checking the thread before the start of TMC. I think we can't throw these players out because of this, so I'll send PM to everyone of them to choose one of day1 winners and post it together with day2 pick, something like that:

Day 1: Federer
Day 2: Robredo

These players will have an advantage because not risking anything on day1, but still I think that's the best decision, because it's not their fault. And finally - that's the last tournament of the year, after Shanghai the rankings will be restarted and no one really can be harmed ;)

what do you think?

$@M
11-12-2006, 09:50 AM
hmmm... i don't think that's quite fair... same rules should apply with TT where late tips are considered as losers... :p

(i'm already dead in there, so you can ignore my response if you want) lol

superhoops
11-12-2006, 11:19 AM
I also think that if they didn't check the thread that is their fault. No final decision was made on a Tuesday start so letting them in would be very unfair IMO.

keqtqiadv
11-12-2006, 12:42 PM
SOMETHING URGENT!

21 players didn't post day1 pick (usually 2-3-4 forget to do it). I think the reason might be the initial suggestion to start the game on Tuesday. Some of the people probably saw the message and stop checking the thread before the start of TMC. I think we can't throw these players out because of this, so I'll send PM to everyone of them to choose one of day1 winners and post it together with day2 pick, something like that:

Day 1: Federer
Day 2: Robredo

These players will have an advantage because not risking anything on day1, but still I think that's the best decision, because it's not their fault. And finally - that's the last tournament of the year, after Shanghai the rankings will be restarted and no one really can be harmed ;)

what do you think?
I think it wasn't this, they just forgot to post picks :shrug:

Björki
11-12-2006, 12:56 PM
I also think that if they didn't check the thread that is their fault. No final decision was made on a Tuesday start so letting them in would be very unfair IMO.
:yeah:

balloon
11-12-2006, 02:20 PM
yemok

i think they should not be allowed in..

1) they might have thought the 1st day of the tournament was on a monday, hence they did not check

2) it will be unfair to those who picked Ivan on the 1st day and its possible that those who did not send picks in on sunday might have picked ivan too

3) its the players' responsibility to keep checking the thread for updates

:wavey:

Grofica
11-12-2006, 02:34 PM

unlimited

yemok
11-12-2006, 02:51 PM

It's not just like that
If you check the thread and you see that the game will start @ tuesday there is no obligation to re-check this frequently... there was such a message (the post was online around 14-15hours), so if someone is guilty on something that would be me and I will withdraw if someone have to pay the disadvantage. Let people play pls :) I remind you that this will affect in no way your performance (and the points gathered here will not count when 2007 starts) and now we're still just building and setting up the game in order to run smoothly and constantly in 2007. I'm sure it's better to let someone play with very slight advantage than to pull out someone who likes the game and made nothing wrong. And these who'll post day1&day2 picks wouldn't be many. so we're talkin about 4-5 players I think... and they will be in the situation of the most people (17 picked Roddick and 9 Roger), so it's not the biggest advantage in the world, yeah? :wavey:

superhoops
11-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Yemok i know your intentions are good but look. the 4 or 5 people that have expressed opionions have all said not to let them in but as you are manager it is up to you.

yemok
11-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Yemok i know your intentions are good but look. the 4 or 5 people that have expressed opionions have all said not to let them in but as you are manager it is up to you.

yes, it' true, that's why i explained more detailed the side-details, in order the people here to reconsider (it happen before), because it's really not big deal, I think, nobody will get the winner's paycheck or the Mercedes ;) and we can lose someone for nothing...

but if you all still think the same way I'll comply with, of course!
if 3 of you insist on take the day1-non-pickers out of the tourney I'll do it

C'mon guys, it's only a game :)

balloon
11-12-2006, 06:24 PM
superhoops.. christmas is coming.. lets be in the spirit of giving :haha: since the points system will not count for 2007, let those who did not pick in day1 in then..

tis is a new game over here and we need all the people we have.. so i agree wif u yemok :wavey:

FiBeR
11-12-2006, 07:37 PM
DEFINATELY NOT FAIR

ONE THING can be an OOP of a .. challenger..master series, atp tournament, grand slam.. a big draw..

THIS is the MASTERS CUP! 2 matches a day

if you 're not AWARE that a MASTERS CUP MATCH is being played the following you shouldnt be playing

Its not like there were 8 matches.. or different orders of play

everyone knows when and where a masters cup is played

If you didnt take the work to post a pick.. you shouldnt be playing.. and should be disqualified

the thing is.. i think it could be understood on other kind of tournament but not on an 8 draw RR tournament

2 matches a day..

if they still are on the game.. then you should allow the 9 players that lost to keep winning.. and you should leave US..the other guys who guessed.. a second chance in the future..

yemok
11-12-2006, 08:26 PM

I'm afraid you hadn't understood the problem at all :)
you need to go through both suiced-threads to see the whole situation
these people might me misguided, the situation for some of them is different from the usual ohh-i-forgot-to-send-the-goddamned-picks-again-situation

and till now only 3 of the non-day1pickeckers had posted, so...
it's not worth it to discuss ;)

johnnyCanuck
11-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Hey...I was wondering, do you guys still need people to run tournaments? I would be able to do any/all of the tournaments the week after the AO (Delray Beach, Zagreb, Vina del Mar), and anything else that would need to be done. Just let me know :)

superhoops
11-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Hey...I was wondering, do you guys still need people to run tournaments? I would be able to do any/all of the tournaments the week after the AO (Delray Beach, Zagreb, Vina del Mar), and anything else that would need to be done. Just let me know :)

Yep Johnny pick a tourny and you can run it. Thanks

yemok sorry my oponion stays the same but as you are running it you have the final decision.

yemok
11-12-2006, 09:59 PM

welcome & thanks in advance :wavey:

superhoops & others, we have to figure out these weeks how the decisions in SuicideTennis will be taken - quick polls, some kind of a board, or something else.
by situations like this it'll be good to know clearly who or what will solve the problem :bs:

superhoops
11-12-2006, 10:04 PM
During the off season rules need to be written up about this. You need to make the decision in this case.

NyGeL
11-12-2006, 10:40 PM
I think with don't need commitments. Only players that send their pick for day 1 can play. I play "Suicide!" on WTA and most times I don't commit, I just go there and make my day 1 pick. I think commitment list isn't needed. If you don't make your Day 1 Pick, you are out.

We all know that TMC was starting on Sunday...

yemok
11-12-2006, 11:15 PM
I think with don't need commitments. Only players that send their pick for day 1 can play. I play "Suicide!" on WTA and most times I don't commit, I just go there and make my day 1 pick. I think commitment list isn't needed. If you don't make your Day 1 Pick, you are out.

We all know that TMC was starting on Sunday...

since we'll run more than one tournament in a week commitments are even more needed in order to plan (otherwise some players might not play that week because the tourney they wanna play have only 2-3 more suiciders, for example)

FiBeR
11-13-2006, 01:02 AM
anyways, its not the case

everyone knew TMC was starting on sunday

the rules are clear

you might have said "start on tuesday" but there was also said "DAY1, DAY2"...

Everyone knew RR started on sunday..

it would made no sense if the tournament started on Day 3 or 4.. in the middle of RR

I know you might feel guilty.. but.. everyone knew TMC started SUNDAY and tournamnets start from DAY1...

No one is stupid enough to think a Suicide Tennis Tournamnet starts in the middle of the actual tournament.. and this is my first time..

i know you want more people playing but..nevertheless.. as i said..

EVERYONE knew TMC started on Sunday.. exactly when this kind of games start

prove me wrong if not

yemok
11-13-2006, 01:33 AM
anyways, its not the case

you're still not in the case and it'll be really long and boring to explain you the whole story post by post, and right now I really don't have the time to argue and prove you something that doesn't really matter anymore. Shanghai is the only round-robin tournament in the SuicideTennis-calendar, there are no more questions about the way of running it, everything is clear and this case can't happen anymore :wavey:

FiBeR
11-13-2006, 07:08 AM
:cool:
yeah..i know i may be really annoying..apologize for that.. :)

i really dont have any problem with the R1 non posting players to still compete (lets call em the R1 cheaters)

I still dont think it is fair for the guys who really risked a chance of going out of the tournamnet -and this is something i "understand".. i made a pick with a risk of losing..they didnt- but i respect the manager, which happens to be you! so.. your rules! your saying! :p

Gluck everyone!
:worship: :worship:

ExcaliburII
11-13-2006, 06:55 PM
I want Costa Do Sauipe and Las Vegas if possible, unlimited

ExcaliburII
11-13-2006, 06:58 PM
yeah..i know i may be really annoying..apologize for that.. :)

i really dont have any problem with the R1 non posting players to still compete (lets call em the R1 cheaters)

I still dont think it is fair for the guys who really risked a chance of going out of the tournamnet -and this is something i "understand".. i made a pick with a risk of losing..they didnt- but i respect the manager, which happens to be you! so.. your rules! your saying! :p

Gluck everyone!
:worship: :worship:

agree 100%

johnnyCanuck
11-13-2006, 07:11 PM
OK, I'll run Delray, Zagreb and Vina Del Mar, each with 32 people. That way people have the option of where they want to play that week and can choose between fav surfaces and players etc. I'll expand them more if there happens to be more interest, but for now that's the plan. :)

johnnyCanuck
11-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Oh, and I'll run Adelaide with 32 people as well, if that's ok

superhoops
11-13-2006, 07:15 PM
I want Costa Do Sauipe and Las Vegas if possible, unlimited

OK, I'll run Delray, Zagreb and Vina Del Mar, each with 32 people. That way people have the option of where they want to play that week and can choose between fav surfaces and players etc. I'll expand them more if there happens to be more interest, but for now that's the plan. :)

Excellent thanks guys. I won't commit to another one until i find out from running Doha if i have time to do it regulary. Some weeks i get little homework and have plenty of time where as some weeks i get an awful lot.

superhoops
11-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Rules will need to be made for the season which can be done at a later date.

yemok
11-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Oh, and I'll run Adelaide with 32 people as well, if that's ok

Adelaide will use a round-robin format in 2007

johnnyCanuck
11-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Adelaide will use a round-robin format in 2007

OK, thanks for the reminder...once there are rules and stuff in the off season I don't think it'll be an issue

ExcaliburII
11-13-2006, 09:52 PM
if no one wants memphis and rotterdam ill take them (i have all the week free)

superhoops
11-13-2006, 11:31 PM
if no one wants memphis and rotterdam ill take them (i have all the week free)

they are all yours.

superhoops
11-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Thank You so much to everyone who has volunteered for tournaments. In the off-season rules will be written up and polls will be made to decide on the rules.

Regenbogen
11-28-2006, 08:47 AM
I'll take San Jose and Marseille if no one else wants them.

superhoops
11-28-2006, 05:34 PM
I'll take San Jose and Marseille if no one else wants them.

Thanks. Filling up now.

superhoops
11-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Draw size unl?

Regenbogen
12-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Unlimited is fine.

yemok
12-01-2006, 08:24 PM
31/12/2006 Adelaide 32 Johnnycanuck
01/01/2007 Doha 32 superhoops
01/01/2007 Chennai ? ?

Johnny, as Adelaide is with RR-format, are you moving to Chennai or?

johnnyCanuck
12-02-2006, 07:31 AM
Personally, yes I would like to move to Chennai...I don't think I want to be the one to try the RR tournies first (if we decide to do them at all). Hope this is ok

keqtqiadv
12-02-2006, 09:18 AM
This draw limit in Suicide is really unnecessary.

superhoops
12-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Johnny has moved to Chennai and i have increased my draw size to 40.

yemok
12-03-2006, 07:11 AM
This draw limit in Suicide is really unnecessary.

I'm prone to think that this is actually true. We have around 50-60 Suicide players with not everyone playing every week. We surely can't set a limit for a Grand Slam & Masters Series tournament. In every regular week we have at least 2 tournaments (the exception are the tournaments just before French Open and US Open). So we'll have no more than 25-30 players pro tournament in regular weeks and this makes draw-limit unnecessary. IF a manager face 40-45 players - well, this is still better than GS and MS, and I'm sure the manager can handle (paying the bitter price of 3-4 minutes more :) )

p.s. another problem coming with players-limit will be the entry system. Example: one tournament with 32 limit, the first 32 are entering the tournament, and the others have the only chance to turn into majorettes... respectively the process of commitment will transform into a rat race :drive:

And after all - that's not really fair :wavey:

superhoops
12-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Im sure the draw sizes will never fill up. GS and MS have to be unlimited.

superhoops
12-20-2006, 06:06 PM
I am off the week of Doha so i will make the draw unlimited.

yemok
12-29-2006, 05:49 AM
something to discuss:
this week we have so far 24 players in Doha and 8 in Chennai. I'm sure the difference is big only because Chennai's thread was created later than Doha's (nothing wrong done by Johnny of course, that's the first time we are running two suicide-tournaments in one week and the problem appear just now :Q).

suggestion: when we have more than one tourney in a week the managers have to open threads in similar time. I think we can take the Tuesday before the beginning of the tournament around 20h CET...

if you have better idea - put it on the table

keqtqiadv
12-29-2006, 10:37 AM
well, and Doha has a better list :p I'd have played there, but saw that Chennai needed players :p

Peta Pan
12-29-2006, 10:51 AM
Well Doha DOES have a better list but I am already playing TT, PTS and PAW there so decided I should have a change for this one... but now I just need the question I asked in the rules thread answered, coz I may change back to Doha.

superhoops
12-30-2006, 02:22 PM
I think they should be opened at the weekend, say the Sunday before but i don't think you can set a time as people might be away at that time.

johnnyCanuck
12-30-2006, 05:10 PM
I apologize for setting up Chennai late...I actually forgot how crazy Christmas can be with my family. The others I do won't be an issue, since I won't be at home with the parents (thank god ;))

Grofica
12-30-2006, 10:33 PM
when am I supposed to open thread for Sydney? On January 1.?

one sugestion: why don't we have ST one tournament per week? I think that is better, since the majority of tournaments are unlimited, to have one strong tournament with huge number of players than three rather small tournaments!

superhoops
12-31-2006, 03:14 PM
when am I supposed to open thread for Sydney? On January 1.?

one sugestion: why don't we have ST one tournament per week? I think that is better, since the majority of tournaments are unlimited, to have one strong tournament with huge number of players than three rather small tournaments!

I agree

If the other three board members agree i will refine the calender.

johnnyCanuck
12-31-2006, 03:42 PM
I agree with Grofica as well

superhoops
01-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Guys I have a situation. I posted all the matches available to pick someone from but someone picked a match from a qualifing match, not displayed on the first page. Should i allow it or not? Majority vote from BMs wins.

johnnyCanuck
01-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Personally, I think the pick is invalid, and shouldn't be allowed.

yemok
01-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Guys I have a situation. I posted all the matches available to pick someone from but someone picked a match from a qualifing match, not displayed on the first page. Should i allow it or not? Majority vote from BMs wins.

interesting :)

(btw Happy New Year :Q)

that's what the rules posted on first page say: ' * Pick one player per day (not per round) to win; if he wins, you are still in the game, if he loses, you are out.'

you (and no one before) had not clarified that the player have to be taken from the main draw, so we have to take the Bastl pick as a valid (I think). But this must not happen again, so i suggest to add in the future ' * Pick one player from the main draw per day (not per round) to win; if he wins, you are still in the game, if he loses, you are out.'

and if similar situation happens agains there will be no doubt that the pick has to be treated as invalid

superhoops
01-02-2007, 12:30 AM
and yemok what do you think about the 1 tourny a week?

Grofica
01-02-2007, 10:28 PM
so when to open thread for Sydney?

superhoops
01-02-2007, 11:00 PM
NOW NOW. Lets try and open them a week before they start.

yemok
01-02-2007, 11:10 PM
and yemok what do you think about the 1 tourny a week?

Let's see what will happen next week

Grofica
01-03-2007, 12:23 AM
ok then I am going to open thread for Sydney:)

johnnyCanuck
01-06-2007, 05:08 PM
I've posted the points accumulated in Chennai in the Chennai Suicide thread (3rd post I believe). If I need to message them to someone (or do anything else with them) just let me know :)

superhoops
01-06-2007, 05:16 PM
I think yemok will be fine. I will do the same if neccessary.

Snowwy
01-12-2007, 03:48 AM
I know I havent been here long, but Id be happy to run one of these maybe in February or even March. Im not picky if theres a tournamnet that no one wants Ill do it. :)

superhoops
01-12-2007, 06:49 AM
Ill be extending the available list soon.

Regenbogen
02-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Week of 12/2 are we running all three? I know it's on there, but would there be enough players?

Was there ever a decision about whether to have more than one per week or not?

superhoops
02-03-2007, 08:37 PM
We have waited a couple of weeks and I think 1 Tourny is enough per week.

superhoops
02-03-2007, 08:42 PM
More Tournies Added. Pick 1 Tourny from the week and i will delete the others that week.

For Miami + IW you can say if you want someone to help as a lot of people might want to enter it.

Foosimoo
02-03-2007, 08:44 PM
I have managed in other games, before so I'd like to try this one too.

Can I run Miami by myself? Its in my time zone :p

Snowwy
02-03-2007, 09:04 PM
I would love to run Houston if that would be possible

superhoops
02-03-2007, 09:06 PM
I would love to run Houston if that would be possible

sure why not. if you have any problems now or at a later date just post and we will help.

Foosimoo
02-03-2007, 09:16 PM
And is mine ok too? :p

ExcaliburII
02-03-2007, 11:15 PM
can i take indian wells?

ExcaliburII
02-03-2007, 11:17 PM
I will also like to take Monte Carlo please

johnnyCanuck
02-04-2007, 03:28 AM
I'll take whatever's left when everyone else is done picking...and if everything is taken for now, that's cool too :)
(ps...I'll take a clay Masters series later on in the year too :p)

Regenbogen
02-05-2007, 03:47 AM
We have waited a couple of weeks and I think 1 Tourny is enough per week.

Which one then, is there some specific way of deciding?

yemok
02-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Which one then, is there some specific way of deciding?

I think we all agree it's better to run only 1 tournament per week. I suggest to run the biggest tournament, for february/march something like that:

12/02/2007 Marseille shootingstar
19/02/2007 Memphis ExcaliburII (here Rotterdam is on the same level, but maybe is good to change surface and players, so we pick not the same players two weeks in a row)
26/02/2007 Dubai ???

05/03/2007 Indian Wells
19/03/2007 Miami

if you have something else in mind - just share

Deathless Mortal
02-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Can I do Dubai, please?

Deathless Mortal
02-05-2007, 10:08 AM
If that tournament will have a suicide game :scratch:

ExcaliburII
02-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Memphis and Buenos Aires on the week of the 19 th

superhoops
02-05-2007, 06:06 PM
I have managed in other games, before so I'd like to try this one too.

Can I run Miami by myself? Its in my time zone :p

Yes.

can i take indian wells?

Yes

I will also like to take Monte Carlo please

Thank you for volunteering to do so many but could you let other people run some as well. Thanks
I'll take whatever's left when everyone else is done picking...and if everything is taken for now, that's cool too :)
(ps...I'll take a clay Masters series later on in the year too :p)

Take your pick from what is left. I have added some more.

Can I do Dubai, please?

ExcaliburII has the tourny that week but would it be possibly to move to Dubai as that is a bigger tourny which better players playing and more points on offer?

johnnyCanuck
02-05-2007, 06:22 PM
I'd like Monte Carlo and Munich, please

Deathless Mortal
02-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Yes.

Yes

Thank you for volunteering to do so many but could you let other people run some as well. Thanks

Take your pick from what is left. I have added some more.

ExcaliburII has the tourny that week but would it be possibly to move to Dubai as that is a bigger tourny which better players playing and more points on offer?

So that means even if it would be Dubai suicide i wouldn't run it?

superhoops
02-05-2007, 06:31 PM
So that means even if it would be Dubai suicide i wouldn't run it?

You can ask ExclaiburII very nicely.

Deathless Mortal
02-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Hm... I'll try, is there any other free tourney?

superhoops
02-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Hm... I'll try, is there any other free tourney?

Look on first page.

Deathless Mortal
02-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Ok, can I do Rome?

superhoops
02-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Ok, can I do Rome?

Sure, need help running it as there will be 40-50 or more players playing it and it will need to be updated atleast once a day is possible.

Deathless Mortal
02-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Well, i think i could do it myself...

ExcaliburII
02-06-2007, 04:07 AM
Deathless if you want you can take Dubai, no problem for me

Deathless Mortal
02-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Deathless if you want you can take Dubai, no problem for me

:)
Thanks man!
Can I do both Rome and Dubai? :scratch:

superhoops
02-06-2007, 05:21 PM
:)
Thanks man!
Can I do both Rome and Dubai? :scratch:

Yes. If you have problems with Dubai we might need to rethink about who does Rome but that shouldn't be a problem in Suicide.

superhoops
02-06-2007, 05:22 PM
ExclaiburII do you want Memphis, Buenos Aires or rotterdam as only one tourny can be run per week now.

Deathless Mortal
02-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Yes. If you have problems with Dubai we might need to rethink about who does Rome but that shouldn't be a problem in Suicide.

Ok :)
In the case I lose connection or something, i'll have an asistant manager... i reconsidered that :)

ExcaliburII
02-07-2007, 02:39 AM
Buenos Aires.

ExcaliburII
02-07-2007, 02:41 AM
Ok :)
In the case I lose connection or something, i'll have an asistant manager... i reconsidered that :)

I will back up you if you cant connect.

Deathless Mortal
02-07-2007, 09:41 AM
I will back up you if you cant connect.

Ok, thanks :)

ExcaliburII
02-07-2007, 03:55 PM
I would like to take Roland Garros may I?

superhoops
02-07-2007, 04:25 PM
I would like to take Roland Garros may I?

Its not available yet but I think yemok wants it. We will see.

yemok
02-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Its not available yet but I think yemok wants it. We will see.

hoaehioeahio
I've never said that, but superhoops seems to know me, I'll take the French for sure

superhoops
02-07-2007, 10:05 PM
I just thought that you had the experience of TMC and AO and ran both brillantly and we need our best people running the GS. ExcaliburII will be able to show us what they can do over the next few weeks. You could share it if you want.

ExcaliburII
02-07-2007, 11:46 PM
in that case may I run Hamburg at least?.

Do i have to run COsta Do Sauipe in a couple of weeks or is it cancelled?

yemok
02-08-2007, 07:43 AM
Do i have to run COsta Do Sauipe in a couple of weeks or is it cancelled?

Costa do Sauipe is cancelled, in Suicide we'll run Marseille that week
and it starts in 3 days, not in a couple of weeks

ExcaliburII
02-08-2007, 12:02 PM
couple of days, jaja sorry. Ok no problem

superhoops
02-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Hamburg is yours.

Regenbogen
02-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Can I have one of the grass ones? I don't really care which, depends on who's doing what.

superhoops
02-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Can I have one of the grass ones? I don't really care which, depends on who's doing what.

not available yet sorry.

Deathless Mortal
02-09-2007, 08:28 PM
What about points for Dubai? :wavey:

ExcaliburII
02-09-2007, 08:33 PM
What about points for Dubai? :wavey:

I posted them at the Suicide dubai thread

Deathless Mortal
02-09-2007, 08:34 PM
I posted them at the Suicide dubai thread

Thanks once again :yeah:

ExcaliburII
02-09-2007, 08:41 PM
you`re welcome

Deathless Mortal
02-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Barcelona? Can i do it?

superhoops
02-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Lets see how you do with Dubai first.

yemok
02-17-2007, 11:18 PM
18/02/2007 Buenos Aires ExcaliburII

I'm sure it's better idea to run bigger tournaments when we have such an oportunity, and the choice of the tourney not to depend of the location of the manager
and also a Round Robin tournament...

superhoops
02-19-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm sure it's better idea to run bigger tournaments when we have such an oportunity, and the choice of the tourney not to depend of the location of the manager
and also a Round Robin tournament...

Thats a very good point. I will do that from future purposes only leave 1 tourny a week available for managers to choose from.

keqtqiadv
02-19-2007, 06:22 PM
just choose the best tournament of the week, it's not that hard :p

ExcaliburII
02-21-2007, 02:57 AM
just choose the best tournament of the week, it's not that hard :p

:p Buenos Aires is the best, it may not be in points or money but its the best.;)

keqtqiadv
03-07-2007, 02:46 AM
:haha: yeah sure :p

Regenbogen
03-18-2007, 01:20 AM
not available yet sorry.

What about now?:D

superhoops
03-18-2007, 01:11 PM
What about now?:D

No, we have events planned up to the middle of May, no need for a month or so to add new ones. Im taking Nottingham btw.

Deathless Mortal
03-18-2007, 01:15 PM
How can you take Nottingham then?

superhoops
03-18-2007, 01:17 PM
How can you take Nottingham then?

Well I will be the one putting the tournys up so I get first pick.

Regenbogen
03-23-2007, 07:50 AM
That's not fair :ras:

superhoops
03-23-2007, 07:59 AM
That's not fair :ras:

um no because i never take tournies i leave them to you guys so i think taking 1 once in a while is fair. Even though the grass court season is short there is more than 1 tourny on grass.

Still available will be Queens, Wimby and Newport if we have it.

yemok
03-24-2007, 04:32 AM
um no because i never take tournies i leave them to you guys so i think taking 1 once in a while is fair. Even though the grass court season is short there is more than 1 tourny on grass.

Still available will be Queens, Wimby and Newport if we have it.

just fair enough ;)

ExcaliburII
04-06-2007, 12:18 AM
We should put the new tournies up. If possible Ill take Wimbledon.

Snowwy
04-13-2007, 02:02 AM
Im not sure if its avaiable yet but I would loooove to do Queen's as long as you guys think Ive done well enough this week :)

ExcaliburII
04-13-2007, 02:32 AM
It seems we have no Barcelona manager, Ill manage it if there is no problem with you.

yemok
04-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Im not sure if its avaiable yet but I would loooove to do Queen's as long as you guys think Ive done well enough this week :)

I vote 'yes' with two hands ;)

It seems we have no Barcelona manager, Ill manage it if there is no problem with you.

'yes' from me again! But for Wimbledon I think we have to wait if somebody else will commit for it, because you are/were the manager of 2 Masters & 2 other very big tournies

W!MBLEDON
04-13-2007, 05:09 PM
True, but it isn't 'just for fun'. When you volunteer to manage an event — especially a big one — you have a responsibility. :p

superhoops
04-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Excalibur has Barcelona

Next tournies will go up in one week but that will only be up until the end of the grass court events.

johnnyCanuck
04-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Here's a copy of what I posted in the Suicide Monte Carlo thread...I'm sorry, I'll get a lot of complaints about the situation, but it's nothing I could control. I thought I should let all of you fellow managers know the facts as well. I was at home, I posted on the board here, and was about to start an update when I got a call on my cell. I got in my car to go pick up my sister, and on my way I was hit by a drunk driver. I spent the night in Hospital, and was unable to do any updates etc. I am sincerly sorry that I couldn't complete my duties as Manager for the first 2 days of the game, and it won't happen again. Below is a copy of the note I posted in the Suicise Monte Carlo thread...

Hi everyone

I apologise for the late updates etc. I was hit by a drunk driver late yesterday evening, and I spent the night in the Hospital. I'm working on an update now. If I've made any errors or spelling mistakes etc, PM me and let me know (I'm on a few pain killers, and it might affect my typing skils etc.) I'm sorry everything is not up yet...I will be on time with all the rest of my updates, I swear!

ExcaliburII
04-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Many players including me were out because not sending picks :sad:.

johnycannuck I hope you get well :yeah:

superhoops
04-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Johnny, your safety is 100% proirity. Sunday has to be scrapped through.

johnnyCanuck
04-15-2007, 09:29 PM
OK, I will scrap Sunday then, and will change the title of the threadnow.

ExcaliburII
04-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Vote to scrap Sundays play, and start suicide tourney on Monday. Yemok and superhoops also agree. :wavey:

superhoops
04-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Yes i agree to scrap Sunday.

Deathless Mortal
04-22-2007, 07:02 PM
If Ex can't take Wimbledon, i would like to take it.

superhoops
04-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Next Set of Tournies has been added. One tourny per person from this new set of tournies on offer. Anyone can take any tournies whatever they have run in the past except Wimby and RG must be run by someone who has run a tourny before.

superhoops
04-24-2007, 05:10 PM
You must commit for a tourny you want to manage now, any previous requests are scrapped. First come first served.

qczi
04-24-2007, 10:26 PM
i'd like to run pörtschach and queens if it's possible

Snowwy
04-24-2007, 11:46 PM
I would loooove to do Wimbledon :)

But if thats not possible, umm eitehr Queen's or Pörtschach once qczi decides between the two.

But Wimbledon would be my first choice :)

Deathless Mortal
04-25-2007, 01:35 PM
:( I also would like to run Wimbledon.

superhoops
04-25-2007, 08:25 PM
i'd like to run pörtschach and queens if it's possible

Portschach is yours

I would loooove to do Wimbledon :)

But if thats not possible, umm eitehr Queen's or Pörtschach once qczi decides between the two.

But Wimbledon would be my first choice :)

Wimby it is

:( I also would like to run Wimbledon.

Pick another tourny sorry before they all go

yemok
04-25-2007, 09:52 PM
RG :rocker2:

I almost forgot how to manage a suicide tourney!

ExcaliburII
04-26-2007, 04:24 AM
I think it would be fair I run Wimbledon, but as you wish. I was the one running more tourneys this year, and all of them were succesfully runned.

I ve asked WImbly long ago.

johnnyCanuck
04-26-2007, 04:27 AM
I'll run Newport if it's still available :)

ExcaliburII
04-26-2007, 04:41 AM
I think it would be fair I run Wimbledon, but as you wish. I was the one running more tourneys this year, and all of them were succesfully runned.

If you think I am wrong just tell me.

When i asked for RG, i was told yemok wanted to run it, i accepted it. I think as a prize for all tourneys I runned i should manage Wimbledon (I asked it long time ago, you can see the posts).

But if you decide in other way ill accept it.

Deathless Mortal
04-26-2007, 12:24 PM
If you think I am wrong just tell me.

When i asked for RG, i was told yemok wanted to run it, i accepted it. I think as a prize for all tourneys I runned i should manage Wimbledon (I asked it long time ago, you can see the posts).

But if you decide in other way ill accept it.

Yes, i agree. Rules should be the same for all of us.

yemok
04-26-2007, 02:42 PM

We can argue about the success of Buenos Aires ;)

I think it wouldn't be fair if you run so many big tournaments (more than anyone else here), but if you insist of running of GS I'll step down from RG (and you'll run it), so Snowwy could run Wimbledon (it's fully deserved).

Deathless Mortal
04-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Can I run Queens then?

ExcaliburII
04-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Yes, i agree. Rules should be the same for all of us.

No, I think is fair you run RG, I wouldnt accept it.

Decide what you want, I will continue managing anyway.

Snowwy
04-26-2007, 11:23 PM
I just think its kinda dumb that some people go out and say can I do this, can I do that, before the tournaments are available. superhoops has alwys made it clear that people can no claim tournaments until he makes them available, I mean I could say now that I hypothetically want the USOpen and Montreal and then YEC but they arent available so really it means nothing. I think its better that everyone just waits until the tournaments are available and then they claim the one they want to do.

ExcaliburII
04-26-2007, 11:42 PM
So the one that is faster takes the tournaments they want? Thats kinda dumb :ras:

yemok
04-27-2007, 04:01 PM
So the one that is faster takes the tournaments they want? Thats kinda dumb :ras:

This is ridiculous conversation!!! I don't understand why is so important for some people to manage tournaments... pride, or glory, or what? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Also I think it's not dumb at all the way superhoops deals with the tournament managing commitments! Otherwise everybody could commit to US OPEN 2008 or Wimbledon 2011...

ExcaliburII
04-27-2007, 04:26 PM
I enjoy managing tournaments thats it.

I think we should like in TT for managing the tournaments, not the first to commit, but in a period of 48 hours in between the ones who commit we chose.

But there is no problem, I am almost the one who most contributed to Suicide Tennis, and you are constantly opposing my suggestions.

superhoops
04-27-2007, 05:29 PM
I enjoy managing tournaments thats it.

I think we should like in TT for managing the tournaments, not the first to commit, but in a period of 48 hours in between the ones who commit we chose.

But there is no problem, I am almost the one who most contributed to Suicide Tennis, and you are constantly opposing my suggestions.

This is suicide not TT and as yemok rightly said if people reserved tournies it would be unfair and we would eventually get commits years in advance. I have always maintained that people can only commit to tournies when they became available and to make it even more fair i didn't say when they would become available so people didn't com on in a potential time when in their timezone it would not be possible (if that makes sense). Im sorry if it didn't work out for you and i appreciate what you have done for Suicide this year but i think this is fair and will stick to Snowwy taking Wimby.

ExcaliburII
04-27-2007, 05:34 PM
ok, as you wish. It seems Europeans continue to be very closed minded (as they were about 500 years ago). Any suggestion that I make, all board members discuss and not in my favour. I think we should start accepting different views, and always try to make things better for the game and not better for each individual.

We could improve this game in so many aspects, so many suggestions to make I have, but there is no sense on making them, because I am sure you will keep contradicting them.

Deathless Mortal
04-27-2007, 06:31 PM
I ask once again: Can i run Queens?

Snowwy
04-27-2007, 10:52 PM
We could improve this game in so many aspects, so many suggestions to make I have, but there is no sense on making them, because I am sure you will keep contradicting them.

Maybe instead of whining that no one has listened, you could reiterated the suggestions for improvement you have in one post, Im not sure what thread that would go in but Im sure there is one, and maybe then you will get some feedback from us close-minded Europeans...?

ExcaliburII
04-27-2007, 10:59 PM

yes.

ExcaliburII
04-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Maybe instead of whining that no one has listened, you could reiterated the suggestions for improvement you have in one post, Im not sure what thread that would go in but Im sure there is one, and maybe then you will get some feedback from us close-minded Europeans...?

I am sure you wont like them.
I will have to present them in a way that will look sweet and friendly.

:o

yemok
04-27-2007, 11:03 PM

:lol:

That's what I think too, Pablo... Collect all of your suggestions and put them in one post in the rules thread, and if you insist - we can make a poll with all players voting for some of them, so people who think Buenos Aires is the best tournament could vote!

ExcaliburII
04-27-2007, 11:36 PM
I didnt know Europeans dominated irony :haha:

Its ok. I wont post more than one suggestion a day, it would be too much.
:haha:

ExcaliburII
04-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Well changed of idea, posted lots of questions/suggestions.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=92878&page=2

Fired Up!
05-10-2007, 07:31 PM
I've Run Budapest and am Running Rabat Next week on Wtaworld .. I could run a few here also!

yemok
05-17-2007, 06:43 PM
I've Run Budapest and am Running Rabat Next week on Wtaworld .. I could run a few here also!

You just have to know the rules here a little bit different (better ;) ) than in the wtaworld :Q

superhoops, please add Deathless Mortal for Roland Garros, WImby is for Snowwy, and ExcalliburII will take US OPEN later this year. So it's fair and everyone will fit the concrete timezone.

I hope that's ok for you too :)

ExcaliburII
05-17-2007, 10:45 PM
This version of Suicide Tennis, is much more close minded than the WTAWORLD one :p

Just joking uh.

superhoops
05-17-2007, 10:56 PM
You just have to know the rules here a little bit different (better ;) ) than in the wtaworld :Q

superhoops, please add Deathless Mortal for Roland Garros, WImby is for Snowwy, and ExcalliburII will take US OPEN later this year. So it's fair and everyone will fit the concrete timezone.

I hope that's ok for you too :)

thx Yemok. Ive had little time recently and couldn't be bothered to go through all the pages or arguing to work out who has what but now you have made it so easy ill update

superhoops
05-17-2007, 10:57 PM
US Open has already been taken?

ExcaliburII
05-17-2007, 11:00 PM
US Open has already been taken?

it was an agreement. do you know how an agreement works? ;)

superhoops
05-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Guys we have no manager of Queens and we need one ASAP.

ExcaliburII
05-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Ill do it.

Snowwy
05-28-2007, 10:42 AM

yes.

I thought Deathless Mortal was running Queen's.

Deathless Mortal
05-28-2007, 10:42 AM
I got RG, so i can't run Queens.

Deathless Mortal
05-28-2007, 10:58 AM
I'll have big problems with suicide tennis in RG, if some matches which were supposed to be played on Sunday, will be played on Tuesday, and maybe even on Wednesday. :tape:

ExcaliburII
05-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Looks like you are willing to create trouble. :o

Snowwy
05-28-2007, 10:15 PM
I got RG, so i can't run Queens.

Oops, my bad.

superhoops
05-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Anyone who wants Queens can have it. I don't care how many tournies you have had or are planned to have. First person to post to say they want it gets it.

Snowwy
05-31-2007, 04:27 AM
Anyone who wants Queens can have it. I don't care how many tournies you have had or are planned to have. First person to post to say they want it gets it.

I think ExcaliberII already did.

superhoops
05-31-2007, 01:15 PM
ok Excalibur has it. Could you please open up a thread for Queens when you have time. Thanks

superhoops
06-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Excalibur please open the thread soon.

ExcaliburII
06-08-2007, 03:50 AM
opened :yeah:

superhoops
06-09-2007, 03:26 PM
No, i have just realised i am going away on the Thursday of the week i am running Nottingham. Could someone take over from Thursday onwards? I am very sorry. If you would like to, please post ASAP, after my posts on the thread so you have your own post you can edit.

Snowwy
06-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Sure.

superhoops
06-26-2007, 11:44 AM
More tournaments available to take.

ExcaliburII
06-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Stutgart and UsOpen for me please :wavey:

Snowwy
06-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Cincy? :)

yemok
06-27-2007, 01:07 AM

Are you sure you can run them in the way Snowwy does @ Wimby? ;)
This should be the new standard of Suicide managing! :worship:

If yes, Pablo, :worship: to you too! :)

ExcaliburII
06-27-2007, 02:15 AM
Are you sure you can run them in the way Snowwy does @ Wimby? ;)
This should be the new standard of Suicide managing! :worship:

If yes, Pablo, :worship: to you too! :)

of course. :worship:

If i am not able Ill tell you in advice so a new manager is able to run it.

Snowwy
06-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Whoever is doing Newport should open the thread soon.

yemok
06-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Whoever is doing Newport should open the thread soon.

Yes.
And I think we should move the tournament to Gstaad or Bastad, everyone is tired of the combination grass + very bad weather in England which could do a lot of trouble for Suicide Tennis. And the entry list in Newport starts from world number 31 involving many players outside top 100 (players in both other tournaments way better).

Maybe you should write somewhere in the Wimby Suicide thread that manager is needed...? :scratch:

johnnyCanuck
06-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Hi...I was going to open the thread today (Saturday)...I'd be more than happy to run either Bastad or Gstaad instead of Newport. I'd also be okay with someone else doing it if they wanted to. Either way is cool with me

Deathless Mortal
06-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Yes.
And I think we should move the tournament to Gstaad or Bastad, everyone is tired of the combination grass + very bad weather in England which could do a lot of trouble for Suicide Tennis. And the entry list in Newport starts from world number 31 involving many players outside top 100 (players in both other tournaments way better).

Maybe you should write somewhere in the Wimby Suicide thread that manager is needed...? :scratch:

isn't newport in USA? :scratch:

johnnyCanuck
06-30-2007, 05:43 PM
isn't newport in USA? :scratch:

Yes it is...but the players list in Newport is much weaker than in the other two tournaments.

I'm going to wait a few hours to open the thread, and if I don't hear anything with regards to a change of place, it'll be in Newport (weak field and all :)).

Deathless Mortal
06-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Yes it is...but the players list in Newport is much weaker than in the other two tournaments.

I'm going to wait a few hours to open the thread, and if I don't hear anything with regards to a change of place, it'll be in Newport (weak field and all :)).

i know just yemok wrote that it's in England so just wanted to make sure... :p

johnnyCanuck
06-30-2007, 06:06 PM

hahaah oops...:o I should read things fully instead of skimming them. Sorry about that :)

superhoops
06-30-2007, 06:10 PM
I just feel even though its a weak feel we have hardly any events on grass but if the board prefer to move it to Bstaad or the other one thats fine.

Deathless Mortal
06-30-2007, 06:10 PM
hahaah oops...:o I should read things fully instead of skimming them. Sorry about that :)

You confirmed it's in USA. :p
Nothing to worry about ;)

yemok
06-30-2007, 07:40 PM

I wrote ENGLAND?! Woow, the defence has no more questions :smash:

I just feel even though its a weak feel we have hardly any events on grass but if the board prefer to move it to Bstaad or the other one thats fine.

Hi...I was going to open the thread today (Saturday)...I'd be more than happy to run either Bastad or Gstaad instead of Newport. I'd also be okay with someone else doing it if they wanted to. Either way is cool with me

Johnny, it's up to you to decide where to run the tournament (just let everyone else know @ the Wimby thread). I'm sure it's better to run a tourney with cooler line up (Bastad or Gstaad, it doesn't matter I think), we had a lof of complains earlier this year about chosing the Buenos Aires tournament instead of much better alternatives...

johnnyCanuck
06-30-2007, 08:04 PM
After a PM from yemok, I decided to change the suicide tournament to GSTAAD. The thread has now been opened, and I posted a message in the suicide Wimbledon thread to let people know that the next tournament will be in Gastaad.

Snowwy
06-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Sounds good johnnyCanuck :)

yemok
07-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Please look at the Standard Suicide Tennis posts for running a tournament and share your comments/suggestions :)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=105229

Foosimoo
07-03-2007, 07:40 PM
May I have Indianapolis? :wavey:

Peta Pan
07-15-2007, 05:22 AM

:wavey: When are you going to open the Stuttgart thread?

Labamba
07-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Nobody running Stuttgart? :awww:

Snowwy
07-15-2007, 04:38 PM
ExcaliberII was suppose to but he hasnt been around since the 12th of July so I will open the thread and if he comes he can take over or have another tournament sometime.

On a sidenote, I think Suicide Tennis needs better management, it seems that the board doesnt really care at all about it besides yemok.

ExcaliburII
07-16-2007, 01:36 AM
Sorry about this, totally unexpected. I went on mini-vacations and couldnt get internet connection. (You can see I didnt send picks for TT stutgart, TT DDL, suicide tennis, FMTA, PAW, :fiery:)

I am really sorry.

Snowwy
07-16-2007, 01:41 AM
Sorry about this, totally unexpected. I went on mini-vacations and couldnt get internet connection. (You can see I didnt send picks for TT stutgart, TT DDL, suicide tennis, FMTA, PAW, :fiery:)

I am really sorry.

Dont worry about it, real life is obviously more important than here :)

balloon
07-16-2007, 05:23 AM
ExcaliberII was suppose to but he hasnt been around since the 12th of July so I will open the thread and if he comes he can take over or have another tournament sometime.

On a sidenote, I think Suicide Tennis needs better management, it seems that the board doesnt really care at all about it besides yemok.

Lets import Labamba over from TT to help ;)

yemok
07-16-2007, 08:37 AM
May I have Indianapolis? :wavey:

Sure :yeah:

Thanks for helping out again :worship:
And you are right, I think the board should go through some transformations...

I am really sorry.

You just should open the thread before going to a mini-vacation :shrug: But maybe you were too busy with the Argentinian Sexiness contest ;)
Like Snowwy said it's not so important but still not a comfortable situation...

superhoops
07-17-2007, 12:08 PM
fINALTOURNIES EXCEPT TMC available for selection.

Deathless Mortal
07-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Paris for me :)

Deathless Mortal
07-17-2007, 12:39 PM
And if I can pick another one, I would like Vienna. Ok if I can't :)

Snowwy
07-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Can I change Cincy to Montreal..my hoooome tournament :)

And do Madrid?

ExcaliburII
07-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Washington and Moscu please.

Snowwy
07-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Foosimoo should open the Indy thread.

yemok
07-21-2007, 01:21 AM
A quick update just to stay on track:

Date Tournament Manager

16/07/2007 Stuttgart ExcaliburII (replaced by Snowwy)
30/07/2007 Washington ExcaliburII
06/08/2007 Montreal Snowwy
13/08/2007 Cincinnati
20/08/2007 New Haven
10/09/2007 Beijing
01/10/2007 Tokyo
08/10/2007 Moscow OR Vienna
16/10/2007 Madrid Snowwy
22/10/2007 St. Petersburg

yemok
07-21-2007, 01:23 AM
And if I can pick another one, I would like Vienna. Ok if I can't :)

Washington and Moscu please.

We have to wait a bit, it's still too early to decide which of these would be better to run in ST.

johnnyCanuck
07-21-2007, 03:27 AM
I'll take St. Petersburg :)

Snowwy
07-21-2007, 04:22 AM
Lately Ive noticed some discrepancies in the points for certain events that SHOULD be the same..I went through the old threads and came up with the following point system, I think we should try to get it right and then use it every week so that tournaments that should be the same, are the same.

Here's what I found:

Winner gets 175 points (Nottingham)

Winning pick on Day 7 - 175
Winning pick on Day 6 - 120
Winning pick on Day 5 - 80
Winning pick on Day 4 - 50
Winning pick on Day 3 - 30
Winning pick on Day 2 - 15
Winning pick on Day 1 - 5

Winner gets 225 points (Queens)

Winning pick on Day 7 - 225
Winning pick on Day 6 - 155
Winning pick on Day 5 - 100
Winning pick on Day 4 - 70
Winning pick on Day 3 - 45
Winning pick on Day 2 - 20

Winner gets 300 points (Dubai)

Winning pick on Day 6 - 300
Winning pick on Day 5 - 210
Winning pick on Day 4 - 135
Winning pick on Day 3 - 75
Winning pick on Day 2 - 25

Winner gets 300 points (Barcelona)

Winning pick on Day 7 - 300
Winning pick on Day 6 - 210
Winning pick on Day 5 - 135
Winning pick on Day 4 - 85
Winning pick on Day 3 - 50
Winning pick on Day 2 - 25

Masters Series (7 Days)

Winning pick on Day 7 - 500
Winning pick on Day 6 - 350
Winning pick on Day 5 - 225
Winning pick on Day 4 - 125
Winning pick on Day 3 - 75
Winning pick on Day 2 - 35

Masters Series (10 Days)

Winning pick on Day 10: 500
Winning pick on Day 9: 350
Winning pick on Day 8: 225
Winning pick on Day 7: 160
Winning pick on Day 6: 110
Winning pick on Day 5: 75
Winning pick on Day 4: 55
Winning pick on Day 3: 35
Winning pick on Day 2: 20
Winning pick on Day 1: 5

Twelve Day Grand Slam

Winning Pick on Day 12 - 1000
Winning Pick on Day 11 - 700
Winning Pick on Day 10 - 550
Winning Pick on Day 9 - 425
Winning Pick on Day 8 - 300
Winning Pick on Day 7 - 200
Winning Pick on Day 6 - 150
Winning Pick on Day 5 - 105
Winning Pick on Day 4 - 60
Winning Pick on Day 3 - 35
Winning Pick on Day 2 - 20
Winning Pick on Day 1 - 5

Twelve Day Grand Slam

Winning Pick on Day 13 - 1000
Winning Pick on Day 12 - 700
Winning Pick on Day 11 - 550
Winning Pick on Day 10 - 425
Winning Pick on Day 9 - 300
Winning Pick on Day 8 - 200
Winning Pick on Day 7 - 150
Winning Pick on Day 6 - 110
Winning Pick on Day 5 - 75
Winning Pick on Day 4 - 55
Winning Pick on Day 3 - 35
Winning Pick on Day 2 - 20
Winning Pick on Day 1 - 5

Labamba
07-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Washington?

ExcaliburII :wavey:

ExcaliburII
07-29-2007, 03:47 PM
I wont be able to run it friday and saturday, but i will try to do my best. :wavey:

ExcaliburII
08-06-2007, 06:00 AM
A quick update just to stay on track:

Date Tournament Manager

16/07/2007 Stuttgart ExcaliburII (replaced by Snowwy)
30/07/2007 Washington ExcaliburII
06/08/2007 Montreal Snowwy
13/08/2007 Cincinnati
20/08/2007 New Haven
10/09/2007 Beijing
01/10/2007 Tokyo
16/10/2007 Madrid Snowwy

Cincy and New Heaven managers please.

Snowwy
08-06-2007, 06:23 AM
Anyone can claim one of New Haven or Cincy, doesnt matter if you have others

Snowwy
08-11-2007, 03:04 PM
FilipeMB or excaliburII, you interested in running Cincy?

FilipeMB
08-11-2007, 03:41 PM
if excaliburII is unable to run Cincy, i may run it!

FilipeMB
08-11-2007, 09:44 PM
as we are closer to the tourney start and excalibur didn't say anything, i take the tourney :)

Snowwy
08-11-2007, 09:45 PM
as we are closer to the tourney start and excalibur didn't say anything, i take the tourney :)

Excellent :)

Snowwy
08-12-2007, 10:08 PM
13/08/2007 Cincinnati FilipeMB
20/08/2007 New Haven
10/09/2007 Beijing
01/10/2007 Tokyo
16/10/2007 Madrid Snowwy

FilipeMB
08-12-2007, 10:12 PM
i post the ranking now?
you post it?
:confused:

Snowwy
08-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Sorry I was in the middle of posting when the site kicked me off cuz too many people are on, Im trying to upload now if it will let me.

FilipeMB
08-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Sorry I was in the middle of posting when the site kicked me off cuz too many people are on, Im trying to upload now if it will let me.

you'll still need me?

Snowwy
08-12-2007, 10:55 PM
you'll still need me?

Of course, what Im going to do is post it, let people complain cuz Im 100% sure there are probably still some if not many small mistakes. Nobody is missing like 200 points or anything but a few people could be missing 50ish or have 50 too many, but yah. Once all the mistakes are fixed, I will send you the file, then we will both have it in case anything goes wrong with one of ours. :)

Deathless Mortal
08-26-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm so sad Yemok died :(
He was always helping me when I was running Suicide tournaments...
I often had few questions and normally you would expect people will get bored by you but he was always ready to help and was a great manager himself
:sad:

Tomy
08-28-2007, 04:23 AM
Hi everyone! Can I manage Tokyo?