Nbl Round Eight [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nbl Round Eight

Mr Flamboyant
11-06-2006, 02:10 AM
Ok I don't even want to look at the tipping comp standings right now .. Between getting killed by my own stupidity (late tips) and "moose" plays it's all turned utterly pear shaped! :mad:

Wagering wise though I think Sydney looks a point or two undervalued only giving away 4.5 to the South Dragons .. Kings are a flat out better team and look to be cranking up their 'D' a little more in the last couple of games .. IMO that's when Sydney is at it's best .. And that's what has me a little gun shy on the 201.5 total ..

bad gambler
11-06-2006, 03:20 AM
Are those tabby lines? CB lines are quite different

SwiSha
11-06-2006, 03:28 AM
yeah cb has it @ 205.5

Mr Flamboyant
11-06-2006, 03:52 AM
Wow .. -6.5 on CB .. Tab actually doing it's long suffering punters a favour for once ..

In any case .. -4 or -6 I think the Kings will have too much gas for the Dragons ..

Sorry the total is infact 203.5 on Tab ..

sparkus8
11-06-2006, 05:35 AM
Just read Jason Smith is out for tonight's game for anyone that didn't already know that.

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=4155

bad gambler
11-06-2006, 05:52 AM
cheers mate - that's pretty much the reason for the 6.5 line IMO, would have been greater otherwise

Going to be out for 2 weeks, shame because he was the standout in the Crocs game last Friday

dave nz
11-06-2006, 05:56 AM
I won't be around tonight to follow the game, but will still have a small dabble.
There are better games this round down the track, not getting carried away just a small bet :

Dragons +5.5 over Sydney------------0.5 of a unit

gl

dave

bad gambler
11-06-2006, 05:59 AM
Also worth noting Hammer got off the potential suspension

bad gambler
11-06-2006, 06:27 AM
With Smithy out I'm liking the under in this one, looking for more of a defensive effort tonight against the Kings. I went to the post conference after the Crocs win and Smith and especially Goorj were still not happy with the lack of hustle on the defensive end and made it clear that was going to be their focus over the next few weeks as he is confortable with how their offense is rolling.

UNDER 205.5 Dragons v Kings

good luck

Straby
11-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Damn this 3qtr is killing the unders. :(

Oh, it hits by 0,5 points. :lol:
Well done chief, and dave as well.

Mr Flamboyant
11-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Woooooo geez .. you lads scraped it in !

dave nz
11-06-2006, 10:44 AM
I won't be around tonight to follow the game, but will still have a small dabble.
There are better games this round down the track, not getting carried away just a small bet :

Dragons +5.5 over Sydney------------0.5 of a unit

gl

dave

Winner :cool:

dave nz
11-07-2006, 04:18 AM
I presume Groves is back for the Hawks tomorrow night vs Cairns, does anyone here know for sure ?

Mr Flamboyant
11-07-2006, 05:59 AM
^ unfortunately yes!

dave nz
11-07-2006, 09:30 AM
^ unfortunately yes!

Cheers mate. Good to have a decent TV game on a wenesday.

Mr Flamboyant
11-07-2006, 11:38 PM
Groves trained no problems in Wollongong this morning .. reason I post this again is apparently he looked ok before the Crocs game but withdrew ..

Early lean on Cairns +4.5 in this one ..

good_gambler
11-08-2006, 03:32 AM
I'm struggling to see how this game will go under.. especially with Courtese Groves playing. :confused:

Over 195.5 @ $1.90

Mr Flamboyant
11-08-2006, 03:43 AM
I'm struggling to see how this game will go under.. especially with Courtese Groves playing. :confused:
Over 195.5 @ $1.90
It's kind of a 'Russian roulette' thing with the Taipans .. and the Hawks for that matter .. Both can put up decent numbers and both can grind ..

Taipans seem to score (and be scored against) a little more freely on the road for whatever reason .. It's a tough number to pick ..

dave nz
11-08-2006, 05:00 AM
One for me tonight :

Cairns +3.5 over Wollongong--------------1 unit

gl

dave

bad gambler
11-08-2006, 05:01 AM

Over 195.5 @ $1.90

Cortez ;)

Mr Flamboyant
11-08-2006, 05:12 AM
TAB Sportsbet is prepared to tempt fate tonight ..

Top scorer
Cattalini $2.50
Groves $3.65
Ballinger $3.80
Saville $5.00 (as if!)

Needless to say I'd look no further than the first name on that list ..

bad gambler
11-08-2006, 06:36 AM
TAB Sportsbet is prepared to tempt fate tonight ..

Top scorer
Cattalini $2.50
Groves $3.65
Ballinger $3.80
Saville $5.00 (as if!)

Needless to say I'd look no further than the first name on that list ..

CB has something similar, but has Stewart added as well.

Like this prop a lot tonight, Groves hasn't really reached the heights of last season just yet and with his first game back from injury I think the Hawks' points will be spread tonight

As to the Snakes, they only come from one man, $2.65 is too big to pass up. I'd say Ballinger is the main threat to this bet tonight.

Cat to score most points in 'group 5' - $2.65

good luck

bad gambler
11-08-2006, 06:40 AM
Game bet:

Hawks to cover -3.5 v Taipans

good luck

Mr Flamboyant
11-08-2006, 06:42 AM
good luck

I'll have some of that sweet action too! Ballinger probably the biggest threat to the Cat in this .. that'll do me .. this game could go any one of 18 different ways imo ..

dave nz
11-08-2006, 09:22 AM
One for me tonight :

Cairns +3.5 over Wollongong--------------1 unit

gl

dave

Bet lost.

Back in the coming days to hopefully get into the + for another round.

bad gambler
11-08-2006, 09:48 AM

Hawks to cover -3.5 v Taipans

W-W

Mr Flamboyant
11-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Cat high score bet won but wow that was f#ckin awful .. Taipans didn't even look interested in moving off the ball in that second half .. terrible offense .. They looked flat footed, old and unathletic .. there are some guys in that team who just can't knock down shots once the second quarter is over ..

Having said all that, now watch them smoke New Zealand on saturday night .. One of the many positive traits they've picked up since Alan Black became coach is the ability to bounce back hard after a loss ..

good_gambler
11-09-2006, 03:14 AM

Over 195.5 @ $1.90

:smash:

good_gambler
11-09-2006, 04:02 AM
:topic:

Townsville Bulletin must have had nothing intersting going on in the sports world to write about.

Back Page:
Center Itching To Play
Vanderjagt is hoping to back for the Hawks clash - November 18 instead of the originally thought November 29.

:rolls:

dave nz
11-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Getting in early for tonights game (scared line will rise) :

Adelaide -4.5 over Townsville--------------2 units

gl

dave

Mr Flamboyant
11-10-2006, 04:42 AM
^^Too late for me on that one .. line hasn't moved but price has dropped on Adelaide to $1.70 ATS ..

Total has me interested though .. 206.5 looks prime time for an OVER ..

Mr Flamboyant
11-10-2006, 05:01 AM
:topic:

Townsville Bulletin must have had nothing intersting going on in the sports world to write about.

Back Page:
Center Itching To Play
Vanderjagt is hoping to back for the Hawks clash - November 18 instead of the originally thought November 29.

Mate it's hard work finding anything exciting up here at this time of the year (apart from the NBL) .. It's commonly called polishing the terd!

dave nz
11-10-2006, 05:05 AM
Getting in early for tonights game (scared line will rise) :

Adelaide -4.5 over Townsville--------------2 units

gl

dave

On this for one unit not two, just couldn't bring myself to go that big.

sports freak
11-10-2006, 05:48 AM
What a joke of a week,friggin problems with the Comp,felt liked been hunged up n left to dry!!!At an internet cafe atm,geez ez!!!

sports freak
11-10-2006, 05:50 AM
^^Too late for me on that one .. line hasn't moved but price has dropped on Adelaide to $1.70 ATS ..

Total has me interested though .. 206.5 looks prime time for an OVER ..

Agree this should fly over realistically,also leaning on the Crocs but no play since Dave's on Adelaide :)

bad gambler
11-10-2006, 05:57 AM
Is Maher starting tonight?

bad gambler
11-10-2006, 06:23 AM
Answering my question, he is good to roll tonight - sixers know this is the only game they are winning this weekend they should come put all guns blazing. And who is going to defend Horvarth?

Sixers to cover -5 v Crocs - $1.90

Got a bad line here but ultimately hopefully won't matter

good luck

sports freak
11-10-2006, 06:34 AM
Answering my question, he is good to roll tonight - sixers know this is the only game they are winning this weekend they should come put all guns blazing. And who is going to defend Horvarth?

good luck

The thing that is going with the Crocs are their shooting which they could keep up with the 36ERS imo,actually think Crocs got better outside shooters,but like you say Horvath is the man for Adelaide,Crocs slow him Down n Rillie n young gun can take care of things!!

Rillie/Newley/Abney/Gardner/Rice vs Horvath/Farley/Copeland/Wheeler n most likely Maher!!!!

Mr Flamboyant
11-10-2006, 07:04 AM
If the Crocs are clever enough they can make life difficult for Horvath .. Big guys don't always like having smaller players swarm and double team ect .. The Crocs did a good job on Kevin Owens in a pre-season game up here .. but whether they can repeat that tonight is questionable ..

dave nz
11-10-2006, 07:19 AM
BG or anyone else who may know.....

Will a certain J Smith be playing for the Kings tomorrow night @ Perth ?

bad gambler
11-10-2006, 09:57 AM

good luck

Horvarth seals the deal, with the tech foul - that was ridiculous

lost

dave nz
11-10-2006, 09:59 AM
On this for one unit not two, just couldn't bring myself to go that big.

The big public plunge goes West as per usual. A hazard of betting early, lesson learned.

Mr Flamboyant
11-10-2006, 10:02 AM
WTF's going on in Adelaide??? Rillie gets six free throws??? All but seals my OVER 206 but geezus I hate it when referees swing the outcome of games ..

Be that as it may, Adelaide stinks .. This should've been in the bag for them .. look at this thing now, they've completely given up ..

Mr Flamboyant
11-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Onto tomorrow .. a few leans spring to mind ..

After taking Melbourne ML last week and getting burned I decided never to fade Brisbane again whilst Ebe Ere is fit and in the line-up .. He's a monstor ..

* The total is only thing that interests me in the slightest in this one, OVER in particular, because I can see both teams playing with a bit more gay abandon (f#ck me .. where did that term come from?) given that the series is already decided between these two teams ..

* As for the other games, Wollongong & Perth should flat out win .. don't really care whether Jay Smith is back for the Kings or not .. Wildcats at home will get it done ..

* Cairns v New Zealand .. Stewey plays his 200th game for the Snakes (needs seven pts for 3000 with Cairns) while Darnell Mee plays his 300th NBL game .. Inaugural Chairman and founder of the Taipans Jeff Hopgood will also be remembered via a minute silence before the game .. "Hoppy" died in a car crash on the Gold Coast on Wednesday .. Cairns is 4-0 at home and has a very good record against the Breakers .. The total is 194.5 and while the Taipans' offensive stats suggest 'under' is the call, Alan Black has ordered the guys to really get after it and run .. score .. run .. I might just have another dabble on Cairns to win by 1-10 ($2.70) after hitting with this play last week ..

bad gambler
11-10-2006, 10:34 AM
BG or anyone else who may know.....

Will a certain J Smith be playing for the Kings tomorrow night @ Perth ?

Smith is out mate

sports freak
11-11-2006, 03:39 AM
Onto tomorrow .. a few leans spring to mind ..

After taking Melbourne ML last week and getting burned I decided never to fade Brisbane again whilst Ebe Ere is fit and in the line-up .. He's a monstor ..

* The total is only thing that interests me in the slightest in this one, OVER in particular, because I can see both teams playing with a bit more gay abandon (f#ck me .. where did that term come from?) given that the series is already decided between these two teams ..

* As for the other games, Wollongong & Perth should flat out win .. don't really care whether Jay Smith is back for the Kings or not .. Wildcats at home will get it done ..

* Cairns v New Zealand .. Stewey plays his 200th game for the Snakes (needs seven pts for 3000 with Cairns) while Darnell Mee plays his 300th NBL game .. Inaugural Chairman and founder of the Taipans Jeff Hopgood will also be remembered via a minute silence before the game .. "Hoppy" died in a car crash on the Gold Coast on Wednesday .. Cairns is 4-0 at home and has a very good record against the Breakers .. The total is 194.5 and while the Taipans' offensive stats suggest 'under' is the call, Alan Black has ordered the guys to really get after it and run .. score .. run .. I might just have another dabble on Cairns to win by 1-10 ($2.70) after hitting with this play last week ..

If the coach is sayin run n gun for the Taipans than im loving the Overs 194.5pts cos Breakers got no Defence n Taipans have more then enough perimetre shooters!!Like the Tigers for revenge,Crocs vs Dragons total of 210.5pts is high but still shoul sail over 220pts imo,what a treat with 5 games on the agenda 2day,should be a great day,good luck Flamb!!!

bossboss
11-11-2006, 03:56 AM
After hitting 3 overs today in NBA .. sorry didn't have the time to post them .. i have the slowest internet connection from Home (saturday day off from work)

5 games on the card.. might try the overs again
here are my leans

tigers X Bullets under 201.5 .. last game only went over in OT
cats X kings over 199.5
Taipens X NZ over 195.5 Big lean
Raz X Hawks over 199.5
Dragons X Crocs 209.5 No lean can really go either way o/u

going out now.. back around 6:30.. might post official plays and might play first 4 games ...

dave nz
11-11-2006, 04:18 AM
No bets for me tonight boys, did well on the NHL and NBA today and don't want to push my luck. Also lines are pretty sharp tonight IMO.

Goodluck those having a go.

good_gambler
11-11-2006, 05:58 AM
Bullets x Crocs x Taipans @ $8.55

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/3148/david3on.gif

Mr Flamboyant
11-11-2006, 06:05 AM

:lol: Hope your picks go hoff with a bang GG!

Mr Flamboyant
11-11-2006, 06:10 AM
Taipans v Breakers OVER 194.5 looks the play for me at this stage ..

bossboss
11-11-2006, 06:59 AM
tigers X Bullets under 201.5
cats X kings over 199.5
Taipens X NZ over 195.5 Big lean
Raz X Hawks over 199.5

playing the above ..medium stake ..except taipens X NZ high stakes.

will look into some line plays also in the next 30 minutes

bad gambler
11-11-2006, 07:04 AM
Tigers to cover -3.5 v Bullets

+

OVERS 195.5 Taipans v Breakers

Got second half betting option in the Kings game, I'd take the Cats minus whatever as I suspect they are going to be behind at HT.

good luck

bad gambler
11-11-2006, 07:30 AM
Adding a small play for tonight:

Pigs to beat Hawks - $3.35

Didn't realise that this one was being played in the central coast, interesting concept...

gl

bad gambler
11-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Tigers to cover -3.5 v Bullets

+

OVERS 195.5 Taipans v Breakers

Got second half betting option in the Kings game, I'd take the Cats minus whatever as I suspect they are going to be behind at HT.

good luck

Win & Win

Also too Cats +7 HT betting, that was all too easy. Kings in complete dissarray, look for one if not both imports to be cut this week.

bad gambler
11-11-2006, 10:53 AM
Adding a small play for tonight:

Pigs to beat Hawks - $3.35

Didn't realise that this one was being played in the central coast, interesting concept...

gl

Well Pigs cover but no W - judging by the scoreline looks like a crazy game

Mr Flamboyant
11-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Taipans v Breakers OVER 194.5 looks the play for me at this stage ..

win

Taipans really are different animal at home .. Aaron Grabau was great tonight .. While the stats don't show it, the guys did a pretty good job on Powell .. He got his 29 but I don't know where they came from :confused:.. Certainly didn't have an impact on the game as he has done in recent games .. there were two guys in his face whenever he got the ball in the paint ..

SwiSha
11-11-2006, 12:58 PM
nice picks ..too bad i was asleep to follow u guys on that over in Cairns

Mr Flamboyant
11-11-2006, 01:21 PM
And so the caravan moves on ..

Brisbane v Adelaide .. Total is about the only angle that interests me in this one .. 36ers +12.5 is a big start but they showed again on friday night they're capable of capitulating .. Despite the fact Brisbane will be on a back to back OVER 206.5 looks ok because this game is still gonna be about getting up and down the floor in a hurry ..

sports freak
11-11-2006, 10:46 PM
If the coach is sayin run n gun for the Taipans than im loving the Overs 194.5pts cos Breakers got no Defence n Taipans have more then enough perimetre shooters!!Like the Tigers for revenge,Crocs vs Dragons total of 210.5pts is high but still shoul sail over 220pts imo,what a treat with 5 games on the agenda 2day,should be a great day,good luck Flamb!!!

Too Easy

sports freak
11-11-2006, 10:51 PM
win

Taipans really are different animal at home .. Aaron Grabau was great tonight .. While the stats don't show it, the guys did a pretty good job on Powell .. He got his 29 but I don't know where they came from :confused:.. Certainly didn't have an impact on the game as he has done in recent games .. there were two guys in his face whenever he got the ball in the paint ..

Taipans arent that bad of a team,i believe if Owen gets better it will be the key ;) Thats the thing that's going with the Tigers is that they got big blokes throwing down 3's,no other teams can match that really,look at a few of the top big men in the league n you would say their not the best shooters from 18+ feet out from the basket :)

sports freak
11-11-2006, 10:54 PM
And so the caravan moves on ..

Brisbane v Adelaide .. Total is about the only angle that interests me in this one .. 36ers +12.5 is a big start but they showed again on friday night they're capable of capitulating .. Despite the fact Brisbane will be on a back to back OVER 206.5 looks ok because this game is still gonna be about getting up and down the floor in a hurry ..

The funny thing with this games is that Adelaide has the wood over the Bullets in previous years!!

good_gambler
11-12-2006, 02:55 AM

Close but no :smoke:

bossboss
11-12-2006, 04:44 AM
after a 2W-2L yesterday.. but one of the wins (Over in Taipens) was double stake .. all in all in +ve ..
trying very very small stake just for fun:

Ebi Ere 21 poits or over @ 2.4
Bullets X 36ers over 205.5

brisbane is playing back to back . hopefully they will be tried and loose in defence.. and high scoring game. hence the over and Ebi Ere bet

GL all

dave nz
11-12-2006, 07:13 AM
One tonight :

Adelaide +12 over Brisbane-----------------1 unit

gl

dave

bad gambler
11-12-2006, 07:38 AM
Shit I overslept, didn't end up getting a bet on this :mad:

Was also going to take the Sixers +12

gl Dave

bad gambler
11-12-2006, 07:52 AM
after a 2W-2L yesterday.. but one of the wins (Over in Taipens) was double stake .. all in all in +ve ..
trying very very small stake just for fun:

brisbane is playing back to back . hopefully they will be tried and loose in defence.. and high scoring game. hence the over and Ebi Ere bet

GL all

This my friend is a very nice play, early I know but 14 after 1 Q you can start thinking of popping that cork and break open the champers

bossboss
11-12-2006, 07:53 AM

wow : E. E. 14 points first quarter coming off the bench. looking good

Mr Flamboyant
11-12-2006, 07:54 AM
What's the score?

good_gambler
11-12-2006, 07:55 AM
05:18 BULLETS - [25] E. Ere enters the court 11 14
05:12 BULLETS - Basket made by [25] E. Ere 13 14
04:30 BULLETS - Basket made by [25] E. Ere 15 14
03:27 BULLETS - 3pt basket made by [25] E. Ere 20 14
02:53 BULLETS - Free throw made by [25] E. Ere 21 16
02:53 BULLETS - Free throw made by [25] E. Ere 22 16
01:56 BULLETS - Free throw made by [25] E. Ere 23 21
01:56 BULLETS - Free throw made by [25] E. Ere 24 21
00:10 BULLETS - 3pt basket made by [25] E. Ere 29 24

14 points in 5 minutes. :D

good_gambler
11-12-2006, 07:56 AM
Beat me to it boss. :lol:

Bullets 31-28

10:13 2nd

dave nz
11-12-2006, 08:56 AM
One tonight :

Adelaide +12 over Brisbane-----------------1 unit

gl

dave

Bet lost

Mr Flamboyant
11-12-2006, 09:30 AM
Just CANNOT GET ANY LOVE in this tipping comp ..:mad: Tipping ML winners at 75% in another competition .. will struggle to finish this one with head above water ..

bossboss
11-12-2006, 09:36 AM

Win -Win... but lost on 36ers +12