Autumn Rugby Internationals [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Autumn Rugby Internationals

bad gambler
11-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Australia take on the Welsh but the big one is the AB's v Poms at Twickenham.

dave nz
11-03-2006, 11:44 AM
I will probably have a go on the AB's game, nothing like abit of early morning degenerate action just before the NFL starts.

Just waiting on a few pieces of info, If I take anything will post it.

bad gambler
11-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Australia v Wales starts in 3 hours, books can't split the two teams at the moment, pretty much at evens.

Just checking to make sure Latham is starting for Australia as he apparently pulled up in the team's run yesterday

dave nz
11-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Australia v Wales starts in 3 hours, books can't split the two teams at the moment, pretty much at evens.

Just checking to make sure Latham is starting for Australia as he apparently pulled up in the team's run yesterday

Arbers would have be out in force on this game....earlier in the week I saw Wales 2.20 now a couple of UK books have Australia around the even money mark.

Pass for me on this one, GL BG hope u win.

superhoops
11-04-2006, 10:55 AM
I hope Wales win.

bad gambler
11-04-2006, 11:23 AM
All the big guns are back for Wales - guys like Henson, Ryan Jones, Shanklin after over a year out of International rugby.

Tip my hatoff to Connolly for trying something different, basically rejigged the Wallabies whole backline for this with most of the players playing out of position. Australia has always had the class in the backs, just been looking stale recently with a lot of players being wasted like Lote. On paper if the backline get it right they have the potential to be one of the most potent in the world as basically they all are ball runners.

But think this match is a little too early for the new combination to click. Peel is easily the best scrum half in the world and I'm sure he will exploit the fact that player are playing out of position so defensively won't be as sound. Should be a attacking game of rugby, both sides should throw the pill around but going to back the full strength home team - however think this is the only game Australia will drop on the tour...

Wales to beat Australia - $2.00

good luck

bad gambler
11-05-2006, 12:29 AM
All the big guns are back for Wales - guys like Henson, Ryan Jones, Shanklin after over a year out of International rugby.

Tip my hatoff to Connolly for trying something different, basically rejigged the Wallabies whole backline for this with most of the players playing out of position. Australia has always had the class in the backs, just been looking stale recently with a lot of players being wasted like Lote. On paper if the backline get it right they have the potential to be one of the most potent in the world as basically they all are ball runners.

But think this match is a little too early for the new combination to click. Peel is easily the best scrum half in the world and I'm sure he will exploit the fact that player are playing out of position so defensively won't be as sound. Should be a attacking game of rugby, both sides should throw the pill around but going to back the full strength home team - however think this is the only game Australia will drop on the tour...

Wales to beat Australia - $2.00

good luck

Draw so refunded bet

What a cracking game, running and attacking rugby for the full 80min. VEry happy with how the Wallaby backline fared and I think Connolly is on to something with the setup of Giteau at 9, Rogers at 10 and Bernie at 12

Now if only we can find a front row :rolleyes: Dave how about you guys lending us Hayman and Woodcock for a little while?

dave nz
11-05-2006, 07:13 AM
Draw so refunded bet

What a cracking game, running and attacking rugby for the full 80min. VEry happy with how the Wallaby backline fared and I think Connolly is on to something with the setup of Giteau at 9, Rogers at 10 and Bernie at 12

Now if only we can find a front row :rolleyes: Dave how about you guys lending us Hayman and Woodcock for a little while?

I don't see why the two countries can't do a trade for the development in areas where they are weak......Hayman and Woodcock for Brett Lee and Punter Ponting :D :eek:

dave nz
11-05-2006, 07:56 AM
I'll dabble tonight :

England +14.5 (+100) over NZ-------------1 unit

gl

dave

bad gambler
11-05-2006, 12:22 PM
If you stack the two teams together on paper Kiwis should annihlate them - but as we saw on Saturday night in the league, not won on paper

GL mate hope the Poms get within the number.

dave nz
11-05-2006, 08:58 PM
I'll dabble tonight :

England +14.5 (+100) over NZ-------------1 unit

gl

dave

Bet lost....I should have known the Poms used up all there wins for the year when they won the league :D

bad gambler
11-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Hitting this now, this line is a joke, Italians won't win but they'll keep it close - game is on Saturday

Italy to cover +24 v Australia - $1.90

good luck

bad gambler
11-10-2006, 12:24 PM
But once again the Australian game wil be a sideshow to the main event - France v AB's

What a cracking game that has the potential to be :D

Olao
11-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Bad G, do you find Italy +21 playable as well at 1.90 ?

bad gambler
11-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Bad G, do you find Italy +21 playable as well at 1.90 ?

21 is right on 3 converted tries, still believe it's a solid number - I had this game at around +/- 16.5

Bottom line the 6 Nations this year showed Italy are not the pushovers (they went 5-0 ATS in the tournament) as they used to be and all their players now play for big European club sides. They also faced and held out far superior tight 5's then the one Australia will put out on Saturday afternoon.

Last 20min of this game is going to be key IMO in terms of cover.

bad gambler
11-10-2006, 07:24 PM
France: 15. Julien Laharrague, 14. Aurelien Rougerie, 13. Florian Fritz, 12.Yannick Jauzion, 11. Christophe Dominici, 10. Damien Traille, 9. Dimitri Yachvili, 8. Elvis Vermeulen, 7. Julien Bonnaire, 6. Thierry Dusautoir, 5. Pascal Pape, 4. Fabien Pelous (captain), 3. Pieter de Villiers, 2. Dimitri Szarzewski, 1. Sylvain Marconnet

New Zealand: 15. Leon McDonald, 14. Joe Rokocoko, 13. Conrad Smith, 12. Luke McAlister, 11. Sitiveni Sivivatu, 10. Dan Carter, 9. Piri Weepu, 8. Rodney So'oialo, 7. Richie McCaw (captain), 6. Jerry Collins, 5. Ali Williams, 4. James Ryan, 3. Carl Hayman, 2. Anton Oliver, 1. Tony Woodcock

Henry is clearly not mucking around with this game, that's probably close to the AB's best team available which will play the Les Bleus. Two best teams in the world going at it, line is currently AB's -7.5. Can't remember the last time France were 7.5 point dogs in Paris, testament to how good this AB's side is more then anything.

dave nz
11-10-2006, 11:13 PM
France: 15. Julien Laharrague, 14. Aurelien Rougerie, 13. Florian Fritz, 12.Yannick Jauzion, 11. Christophe Dominici, 10. Damien Traille, 9. Dimitri Yachvili, 8. Elvis Vermeulen, 7. Julien Bonnaire, 6. Thierry Dusautoir, 5. Pascal Pape, 4. Fabien Pelous (captain), 3. Pieter de Villiers, 2. Dimitri Szarzewski, 1. Sylvain Marconnet

New Zealand: 15. Leon McDonald, 14. Joe Rokocoko, 13. Conrad Smith, 12. Luke McAlister, 11. Sitiveni Sivivatu, 10. Dan Carter, 9. Piri Weepu, 8. Rodney So'oialo, 7. Richie McCaw (captain), 6. Jerry Collins, 5. Ali Williams, 4. James Ryan, 3. Carl Hayman, 2. Anton Oliver, 1. Tony Woodcock

Henry is clearly not mucking around with this game, that's probably close to the AB's best team available which will play the Les Bleus. Two best teams in the world going at it, line is currently AB's -7.5. Can't remember the last time France were 7.5 point dogs in Paris, testament to how good this AB's side is more then anything.

BG I often agree with your opinions but not here.
No way is that the top 15 for the AB's. For a start BOTH locks would not be in the top 15, add to that the hooker (Oliver), 2nd five (McAlister), both wingers, halfback........so as u can see its more like a B team.
Give me the +7.5 all day long. Will post closer to kickoff.

bad gambler
11-11-2006, 04:59 AM
BG I often agree with your opinions but not here.
No way is that the top 15 for the AB's. For a start BOTH locks would not be in the top 15, add to that the hooker (Oliver), 2nd five (McAlister), both wingers, halfback........so as u can see its more like a B team.
Give me the +7.5 all day long. Will post closer to kickoff.

Just curious:

1) Surely one of these locks would partner Jack in a full strength team?
2) Hooker I agree - completely forgot about Meelamu :lol:
3) 2nd five I assume you would want Mauger in? I know McAlister is a first five but I think he offers more creativity in attack the Mauger, huge fan of his play. Clearly you are not going to punt Carter from any AB team so the only way I see Henry fitting him in the team is to play him at 12. Thoughts on that move?
4) Kelleher as the halfback? I know he has the experience but I really can't split the two to be honest.
5) Who would you have as your wings Dave?

I realised you probably need to punt Smith from the team and get back Muliaina as well. But still a fine team though :p Essentially that's your full strength tight 5 (exception of Oliver) and those backs are all pretty much interchangeable anyway

dave nz
11-11-2006, 05:31 AM
Just curious:

1) Surely one of these locks would partner Jack in a full strength team?
2) Hooker I agree - completely forgot about Meelamu :lol:
3) 2nd five I assume you would want Mauger in? I know McAlister is a first five but I think he offers more creativity in attack the Mauger, huge fan of his play. Clearly you are not going to punt Carter from any AB team so the only way I see Henry fitting him in the team is to play him at 12. Thoughts on that move?
4) Kelleher as the halfback? I know he has the experience but I really can't split the two to be honest.
5) Who would you have as your wings Dave?

I realised you probably need to punt Smith from the team and get back Muliaina as well. But still a fine team though :p Essentially that's your full strength tight 5 (exception of Oliver) and those backs are all pretty much interchangeable anyway

No to the locks. The way Keith Robinson has come back from his injury he would partner Jack. Henry has said that. Ali Williams needs to play out of his skin to get it back. IMO Williams is the most overated player in NZ rugby.

3) Mauger # 1 right now day light 2nd according to Henry and co and personally I agree 100%.

4) Kelleher is # 1 and in better form right now, the killer blow was when he totally outplayed Weepu in the ANZ Cup final. Weepu was sub par in the ANZ Cup as a whole.

5) Wings # 1 right winger right now is Rico Gear. The other winger could go to either playing tonight or Howlett when he comes back there is not much in it right now between them all.

bad gambler
11-11-2006, 06:33 AM
Good stuff Dave, always good to hear your thoughts on anything related to AB's - we had the discussion about the Aussie cricket team and I can unashamedly say I have the same amount of admiration for the current Kiwi squad. I thought the Wallabies of the late 90's was a special team but this one tops it IMO

Having said that, I can't wait till we stuff you guys again in the next world cup ;)

I'll also be on the Le Bleus + once I can get the best line and if the price is right have a crack at that ML

dave nz
11-11-2006, 07:11 AM
Good stuff Dave, always good to hear your thoughts on anything related to AB's - we had the discussion about the Aussie cricket team and I can unashamedly say I have the same amount of admiration for the current Kiwi squad. I thought the Wallabies of the late 90's was a special team but this one tops it IMO

Having said that, I can't wait till we stuff you guys again in the next world cup ;)

I'll also be on the Le Bleus + once I can get the best line and if the price is right have a crack at that ML

What do most Aussies say : "The AB's are the masters at peaking in between world cups".

Sad but true. This is an honest statement the last time I said we would win the world cup was 1987 and we did. Since then I havn't said it in fact I've bet against them. However for next year I think we will win it for the 2nd time. Although from a betting point of view there is not much value.

France for me too tomorrow.

dave nz
11-11-2006, 10:32 AM
France +7.5 for me just a small one 0.5 of a unit

Other lean which I'm not taking = England -8.5

gl

dave

bad gambler
11-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Hitting this now, this line is a joke, Italians won't win but they'll keep it close - game is on Saturday

good luck

Adding:

Ireland to cover -5.5 v Sth Africa - $1.90

Saffers fielding a very inexperienced backline for today, also haven't played since the Tri Nations whereas all the Ireland players play for the top Euro clubs who are in the midst of their season.

OVER 53.5 Wales v Pacific Islands - $1.90

Although Wales are fielding very much a B team, it pretty much shows how they will be treating this one, both teams will clock up a score today.

good luck

bad gambler
11-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Will also add France, but since it is a late game I can see how the above go before pulling the trigger

Bolar Bolabi
11-11-2006, 12:17 PM
Argentina +10.5

Scotland -30.5

Ireland -6

Italy +21

Good luck

Bolar Bolabi
11-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Stuff it

New Zealand -6.5

bad gambler
11-11-2006, 03:21 PM
So far so good....so going to have a ping with France

France to cover +7.5 v NZ - $1.90

France could win this by 20 or lose by 20, backing them is like playing russian roulette but getting too many points at home IMO.

gl

bad gambler
11-11-2006, 06:14 PM

Ireland to cover -5.5 v Sth Africa - $1.90

Saffers fielding a very inexperienced backline for today, also haven't played since the Tri Nations whereas all the Ireland players play for the top Euro clubs who are in the midst of their season.

OVER 53.5 Wales v Pacific Islands - $1.90

Although Wales are fielding very much a B team, it pretty much shows how they will be treating this one, both teams will clock up a score today.

bang, bang, bang :smoke:

bad gambler
11-11-2006, 06:37 PM

France could win this by 20 or lose by 20, backing them is like playing russian roulette but getting too many points at home IMO.

gl

Screw it, have had a day that happens once in a blue moon...

Add:

France to beat NZ - $3.20

gl

bad gambler
11-11-2006, 08:07 PM

gl

Horrendous, nothing more needs to be said

AB juggernaut just keeps rolling on

bad gambler
11-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Let's just clarify something here, this is IMO the number 1 and 2 International teams in the world, unreal

This is the order of world rugby as it stands now

1. New Zealand

2. Crusaders

3. Rest of the world

superhoops
11-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Crusaders? Who are they?

bad gambler
11-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Crusaders? Who are they?

Best provincial rugby team in the Sth Hemisphere (and world) from Canterbury NZ- they would beat every single current International team anywhere off their own bat with reserves in the tank

bad gambler
11-11-2006, 08:52 PM
This makes the Wallabies performances against the AB's in the Tri Nations look spectacular :worship:

dave nz
11-11-2006, 09:27 PM
France +7.5 for me just a small one 0.5 of a unit

Other lean which I'm not taking = England -8.5

gl

dave

Slept through it when I heard the score when we were up big I knew my bet wouldn't win I wanted us to stuff them by as many as possible.

Bolar Bolabi
11-11-2006, 11:17 PM
Stuff it

New Zealand -6.5

Bang

Bolar Bolabi
11-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Argentina +10.5

Scotland -30.5

Ireland -6

Italy +21

Good luck

With ease

dave nz
11-12-2006, 12:02 AM
Great stuff BB, congrats!

sports freak
11-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Some great calls,congrats!!AB's will make it up for you Dave n most likley win the next 2 World Cups in a row IMO,just a different organisation all up,imagine if the Warriors new the Secret,it will be scary for the Kangaroos!!

Bolar Bolabi
11-12-2006, 12:08 AM
Cheers

I love betting Union Internationals.

dave nz
11-15-2006, 05:21 AM
FYI :

Henry and co. have just named what they claim to be their strongest team possible to meet France this weekend in the 2nd test.

Quite abit of surprise here in NZ over a few in particular in the team :

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488120/892853

This one has the team list :

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/454218/892065

Also for those who have not heard French captain Fabien Pelous is out with injury.

bad gambler
11-15-2006, 05:43 AM
What is the line for this game? :help:

dave nz
11-15-2006, 05:49 AM
What is the line for this game? :help:

The NZTAB is the only market I've seen, they have NZ HTH around 1.11 and 13+ around 1.37.....

So judging by that the line will be around the 17.5 mark.

bad gambler
11-16-2006, 08:29 AM
Getting on this one nice and early for the weekend:

France to cover +18.5 v New Zealand

good luck

dave nz
11-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Like it too BG may join u......but my confidence took abit of a hit after losing on the first test.

bad gambler
11-18-2006, 10:29 AM

good luck

Adding:

Italy to cover +4.5 v Argentina

gl

Mr Flamboyant
11-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Any early thoughts on Wobblies vs Ireland tomorrow ..? I've had "Ireland under 12.5, $2.75" echoing in my head for most of this week .. could be a battle of the boot ..

jayjay
11-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Any early thoughts on Wobblies vs Ireland tomorrow ..?.

If I had to I'd take the Aussies, but I'm not touching it personally.

HT France-All Blacks, good watch. France a bit lucky that NZ haven't touched down at least a couple more times. Welsh commentary is a bit annoying, but what can you do? :lol:

The spread looks dicey. All Blacks have been threatening all game to cut loose as usual.

HT France 5 (Heymans try off MacDonald error) NZ 16 (3 Carter pens, Rokocoko try right at the end of the half).

bad gambler
11-18-2006, 08:43 PM
The French players have money on themselves at the spread - Yashvilli kicking for goal with 2min to go and down by 15

WTF :rolleyes:

bad gambler
11-18-2006, 08:45 PM
AB's win 23-11

Should have won by at least 20+ but switched off second half - France with most of the ball in the last 15min but couldn't get past that AB's defense

Disgraceful from France some of the decisions made during the game, it was as if their aim was to ensure they didn't lose as much as last week.

Typical negative Nth Hemisphere rugby

bad gambler
11-18-2006, 08:48 PM

Italy to cover +4.5 v Argentina

win + loss

Lucky to have gotten the France win, last minute Arg penalty extended the Pumas lead to 6 so I'll call it even

;)

jayjay
11-18-2006, 08:53 PM
The French players have money on themselves at the spread - Yashvilli kicking for goal with 2min to go and down by 15

WTF :rolleyes:

Was thinking exactly the same. Glad I wasn't playing this one tonight on NZ. Incredible decision to make.

Mr Flamboyant
11-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Ireland to beat Australia by 1-12 - $2.90

Chasing a bit of value with this one .. wet and windy at the venue .. suits the home side in what could be a battle of the boot ..

To be sure .. to be sure ..

dave nz
11-19-2006, 09:19 AM
I thought the Great Britain ending last night vs the Kangaroos was more shady to tell u the truth. Remmember the spread started out at 15.5 in alot of places......

bad gambler
11-19-2006, 11:32 AM
Just a small one to end the weekend

Australia to cover +5 v Ireland

gl

jayjay
11-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Ireland played very well, but Australia were mind numbingly awful.

bad gambler
11-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Just a small one to end the weekend

Australia to cover +5 v Ireland

gl

lost

This tour is becoming one massive disaster for the Wallabies. I'll most likely be taking the points at Murrayfield

Mr Flamboyant
11-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Ireland to beat Australia by 1-12 - $2.90

Chasing a bit of value with this one .. wet and windy at the venue .. suits the home side in what could be a battle of the boot ..

To be sure .. to be sure ..

lost

Pounded by the 'paddies' .. It doesn't get much worse for the Wallabies .. They're making rugby look like a very complicated game at the moment .. Come to think of it, Australia hasn't played consistently well since it won the 1999 world cup ..

superhoops
11-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Big game on Saturday. Wales v AB. If there is a line Wales to cover +20 i would fancy it as it will be free scoring but Wales have a decent defence and attack.They will definately not win but should keep it respectable.

Anders
11-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Can't see the spread getting near that with the ABs likely to field a reserve side....

superhoops
11-21-2006, 06:26 PM
7 changes made but Carter, McCall, Collins and Gear all in

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/6170144.stm

bad gambler
11-23-2006, 10:22 AM
lol the spread for the Wales v AB's is in fact bang on 20.5

jayjay
11-23-2006, 03:46 PM
lol the spread for the Wales v AB's is in fact bang on 20.5

You can get -19 if you want the AB's at William Hill or Coral.

I'm looking at the NZ tries market, might take 5 tries at 3/1 and 6 or more at 11/4. Still weighing it up.

Mr Flamboyant
11-25-2006, 12:13 AM
BG .. I know you said you liked Scotland with the points this weekend .. With the line +8.5 and the Wallabies making another nine changes, surely that still holds true .. ?

Mr Flamboyant
11-25-2006, 05:06 AM
Ok .. I don't normally take cheap shots but this post from another site really takes the cake ..

"the weekend Australia takes on the Jocks

IMO Australia will get their second win of the tour this weekend with a victory over the tight wad haggis eating jocks.... I also see this match being a one sided affair. Australia have been disappointing on this tour with the one win over Italy so far which was by no means convincing.

The Wallabies were outclassed last weekend against the Irish who were too superior against a wallabies team who is entering a rebuilding stage. The Australian players will not wont to finsh the tour with a loss as alot of them are playing for spots in next years RWC.

Value bet of the week Australia to win head to head over the Jocks @$1.38 with centrebet.

Strength 10/10

wager : Huge

I wouldn't take $1.38 for the Wobblies to beat Coonabarabran let along an international opponent .. but, each to their own ..

bad gambler
11-25-2006, 12:06 PM
I'm skipping all the games tonight especially the Wallabies one. Bit of a change in mind after seeing so many of ther Scots forwards in injury problems, they are essentially fielding an "A" forward pack for this one which in a way negates Australia's rookie pack.

One play only and I probably should be certified as it is the third week in a row I am fading the AB's against the spread....

Wales to cover +19.5 v New Zealand

Wales have got buckley's chance of winning, but should score enough to cover the number - Ryan Jones is the key today

gl

superhoops
11-25-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm skipping all the games tonight especially the Wallabies one. Bit of a change in mind after seeing so many of ther Scots forwards in injury problems, they are essentially fielding an "A" forward pack for this one which in a way negates Australia's rookie pack.

One play only and I probably should be certified as it is the third week in a row I am fading the AB's against the spread....

Wales have got buckley's chance of winning, but should score enough to cover the number - Ryan Jones is the key today

gl

What odds did you get on that?

bad gambler
11-25-2006, 12:26 PM
-110/$1.90

superhoops
11-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Um thats decent.

superhoops
11-25-2006, 12:36 PM
wow look at what skybet are offering.

http://www.oddschecker.com/betting/mode/o/card/rugbyunion-internationalmatches/odds/3322898x/sid/1102278

150/1 on the first scoring play be a penalty for either team. Anyone with a skybet account must put something on that.

Bolar Bolabi
11-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Argentina +8.5

England -4.0

Scotland +7.5

New Zealand -19.5

Ireland -18.5

Good luck

bad gambler
11-25-2006, 07:16 PM

gl

lost - another incredible AB performance

superhoops
11-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Bolar 2 wins 2 losses.