online tennis games [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

online tennis games

I<3Lindsay
11-01-2006, 12:38 PM
are there any fun online tennis games???

canbera
11-01-2006, 09:11 PM
problem is: there is pretty much nothing at all for the pc.

I used to play Top Spin on Xbox with a couple friends... everyone with his own Xbox, of course. and it was simply amazing. but there is also a way to play Online with your Xbox... Top Spin 2 or the new tennis game by Sega coming out soon for the 360 can also be played Online, I guess. None of these titles are going to be released for Pc, of course :(

~*BGT*~
11-01-2006, 10:24 PM
http://www.funny-games.biz/tennisgame.html

This one's fun. NEVER use Pova. Graf and Venus are great to play with. I used to scrape out wins 5-3 or 6-4. But, now I can win every round 3-0.

Byrd
11-01-2006, 10:57 PM
The above game is really easy. If your good enough, you can do the tournament with datekimi. It's pretty simple to pickup.

henree
11-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Really good game. Anyone have any tips?

neenah
11-02-2006, 12:21 AM
I haven't won more than one game and I've played 5 matches :o I'm really bad :p

Ernham
11-02-2006, 01:05 AM

Just play like Sampras. Heh.

ExcaliburII
11-02-2006, 01:10 AM
Just play like Sampras. Heh.

best tip ever.

Yappa
11-02-2006, 01:44 AM
problem is: there is pretty much nothing at all for the pc.

I used to play Top Spin on Xbox with a couple friends... everyone with his own Xbox, of course. and it was simply amazing. but there is also a way to play Online with your Xbox... Top Spin 2 or the new tennis game by Sega coming out soon for the 360 can also be played Online, I guess. None of these titles are going to be released for Pc, of course :(

TS 2 for PC should be out in December.

I am hoping that they're planning TS 3, because they need to reimplement features which were present in TS 1 but are missing in TS 2 (for example attitude/emotions, replays, etc.). 4 player online mode and some serious bug fixing needs to be done too. And while Virtua Tennis 3 (the Sega game) might have great graphics, it will probably lack the realism of Top Spin. Yeah, many ppl love VT exactly for that reason, the arcade feeling, but I prefer to have more realism in my sports games. I dont want some stupid "World Tour", give me a real ATP Tour!

~*BGT*~
11-02-2006, 02:03 AM

Choose Graf ;) But, you can always go with Venus, Seles, Navritilova.... Sharapova and Kournikova suck. I like s and v. Or serve out wide and hit a winner in the open court. Of course, avoid the Graf or Venus fh. I played the game and was having a tough time using Sabatini. I was absolutely killed with Pova.

Ernham
11-02-2006, 02:06 AM
Take someone with foot work 8 or higher and just pretend you are sampras. (serve, charge, overhand/volley) when not serving ( take the serve as early as possible, hit out to a wing, charge into the middle for-- you guessed it-- an overhand/volley). Now you know why Sampras was such a bore.

+alonso
11-02-2006, 02:14 AM
http://www.funny-games.biz/tennisgame.html

This one's fun. NEVER use Pova. Graf and Venus are great to play with. I used to scrape out wins 5-3 or 6-4. But, now I can win every round 3-0.

That game rocks :lol:

I already won the championships, played with Sabatini
def. Graf 5-3
def. KimikoDate 4-2
def. Clijsters 3-0
def. Evert [I suppuse She's ChrisEvert] 3-0

:) , Try FH cross court! :p Mix your shots :p

ExcaliburII
11-02-2006, 02:20 AM
Take someone with foot work 8 or higher and just pretend you are sampras. (serve, charge, overhand/volley) when not serving ( take the serve as early as possible, hit out to a wing, charge into the middle for-- you guessed it-- an overhand/volley). Now you know why Sampras was such a bore.

so easy.

jayjay
11-02-2006, 02:26 AM
OMG, I'm the Donald Young of this game. I played as Clijsters and lost to Novotna without winning a POINT! I tell you what though, they really need to bring hawkeye in, a couple of Novotna shots were dicey to say the least and it could have been a completely different story. I genuinly felt dejected when those were called in, and kind of lost my cool.

I shall try again as Clijsters, and will hopefully win a point.

neenah
11-02-2006, 02:47 AM
I aced Venus :) ..But it was one of my seven points in the whole match :p I'm bad with computer games!

jayjay
11-02-2006, 03:06 AM
Ok, update. After another thrashing as Clijsters. I turned to Anna K for help. After a truly epic match v Venus, I went down 4-2, but was encouraged by the performance.

So, I went back to Clijsters. And was to meet Venus again. 2-1 down and at 30-30 on Venus's serve, I was determined to gain revenge. The pressure was clearly getting to Venus as I smacked back some weak ass 2nd serves. At that moment you could see Venus sink, I strolled through my next game. 3-2 up, I decided to attack. I went to net and smashed the shit out of anything that came my way. Revenge was sweet.

I lost to Hingis 3-1 in the next round, the Swiss Miss was just a little too savvy for me. Some beautiful lobs while I was stranded in mid-court.

I really feel my time is coming now, and will try again with Clijsters. I won't leave until I lift that title...

neenah
11-03-2006, 02:58 AM
I tried again today - And got to the final but lost 7-9 I think. The game needs HawkEye, it has horrible calls.. :rolleyes: haha

Tennis Fool
11-03-2006, 03:11 AM
are there any fun online tennis games???

No, there was Asteroids and a bunch of others that the "new improved MTF" got rid of for ISpy :(

jayjay
11-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Finally completed the damn thing. :rolleyes: Clijsters beat Sabatini 4-2 in the final, I have to admit I choked a little serving for the match at 2-0.

I actually hate this game now. :lol:

Trivial
11-03-2006, 07:16 PM
For those of you wanting a slightly harder game..

http://www.wimbledonmovie.com/game/

I find it great fun to play, little bored now as after playing it over and over have eventually mastered it.

:wavey:

neenah
11-04-2006, 03:41 AM
I finally won!
4-1 vs. (forgot)
3-1 vs. (forgot)
5-3 vs. Seles
3-0 vs. Chris

As the scores scrolled by I didn't have time to write them all down..
Now I'm probably never going to play this game again :lol: