above the results,who is for you the youngster who has played the best this year? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

above the results,who is for you the youngster who has played the best this year?

richie21
11-01-2006, 10:59 AM
i would go with Rafa.......but Marcos runs him very close in my opinion :)

Boris Franz Ecker
11-01-2006, 11:27 AM

above.. apart?

Of course, Nadal. He already belongs to the establishment.

Second is Gasquet.
He showed, that he can win mulitple titles.

savesthedizzle
11-01-2006, 11:29 AM
above.. apart?

Of course, Nadal. He already belongs to the establishment.

Second is Gasquet.
He showed, that he can win mulitple titles.

He's not the only youngster who won multiple titles, if that's your only reasoning for putting him second. :)

Murray_no1
11-01-2006, 01:14 PM
The best youngster apart from Nadal has to be Andrew Murray, he's shown his true potential and can beat anyone on his day. He has alot of room to grow. Next year he'll be above the Gasquet's, Djokovic's and Baghdatis's.

Iván
11-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Murray is to petulent..(i think thats how you spell it) when things dont go his way.

he will never become a top 5 player if he does not cut out the unforced errors when things dont go his way.

Murray_no1
11-01-2006, 03:00 PM
I guess Connors and Mcenroe were to 'pectulant' dont confuse it with desire. Andrew Murray has got the same winning temprement. He plays big points like no one else. That's why he's beaten the likes of federer, ljubicic, hewitt, HE HAS NO FEAR!!

Andre♥
11-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Murray needs to stop being a kid and start being a man to start winning multiple titles.

Gasquet owns him right now. Toronto showed that.

Katastrophe
11-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Murray is great and really entertaining, he just needs more time.

For now, apart from Nadal, I vote Gasquet. His night match against Hewitt at the US Open, even though he didn't win it, sealed the deal for me. I can't predict how big of a career he'll have, but he'll be one to watch for sure.:)

neenah
11-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Murray is great and really entertaining, he just needs more time.

For now, apart from Nadal, I vote Gasquet. His night match against Hewitt at the US Open, even though he didn't win it, sealed the deal for me. I can't predict how big of a career he'll have, but he'll be one to watch for sure.:)

That was a very impressive match. Although Gasquet's had a rough start to the year, he has certainly improved as time went by.

Jlee
11-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Discounting Nadal, I would say that all of the young guys are really close right now. Especially Murray, Gasquet, Berdych and Baghdatis. If Marcos can perform in every tourney like he does at slams he'll reach the top of the game in a hurry.

revolution
11-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Murray needs to stop being a kid and start being a man to start winning multiple titles.

Gasquet owns him right now. Toronto showed that.

I agree.

Andy needs to not let mistakes or missed opportunities dwell. He was battering Nole into submission and then made one bad game.. and well.. he threw it all into the trash.

Gasquet-Murray however is like a Fed v Nalby.. the flair and the genius against the two handed backhand-armed master of changing pace.

Murray_no1
11-01-2006, 09:07 PM
WE'LL SEE WHO'S RANKED HIGHER AT THE END OF THE YEAR WON'T WE?! MURRAY 19TH GASQUET 20TH....

Since Andy's had Brad Gilbert in his corner I've seen alot of improvements. Though he lost to Gasquet he was extremely tired in that match... He and Brad Gilbert have just got together. It's early stages for Murray and he's ranked above Gasquet. Need i say more?

Merton
11-02-2006, 03:40 AM
This is a no brainer, Rafa and Marcos, in that order.

Johnny Groove
11-02-2006, 03:41 AM

yes, Marcos and Rafa are close in terms of 2006 achievement :rolleyes:

Fed-Express
11-02-2006, 07:28 AM
WE'LL SEE WHO'S RANKED HIGHER AT THE END OF THE YEAR WON'T WE?! MURRAY 19TH GASQUET 20TH....

The years isn't over yet my rraytarded friend.
When Gasquet manages to win one more match than Murray he will overtake him.

vincayou
11-02-2006, 08:21 AM
If we put Nadal in another category, Baghdatis of course because GS is what matters most. He hasn't performed well outside them unfortunately. His semi in Wimbledon really surprised me, much much more than his final in the AO.

Murray has been good all year long, and the victory over Federer was the icing of the cake. When he will be more consistent (and it's in the head mainly), he will be in the top10 (next year most probably)

Gasquet has been terrible in the first 6 months after a long break due to his injury. It was worrying. He has put some very good results but should play more agressively, because he has the game for and it's less demanding physically. It seems that his defeat at Madrid against Djoko opened his eyes on that. 3 tournaments win this year, he has already as many as Grosjean. Slams results have been bad but his draws were horrible.

Djokovic has shown constant improvement (a bit like Murray). He has the will, the game, the extreme confidence, and can do it on every surface. Only worrying thing is that his breathing problem don't seem totally behind him.

Berdych has been a bit of a deception. He can't put 2 good match in a row, and hasn't been able to build on his success in Paris last year. But he's the official Rafa Killa, and has now many more fans for this. On his day, pure tennis at his best.

Monfils has been terrible, with some very few good tournaments. Way too defensive, he hasn't improved from last year. He likes to party too much in my opinion, not focused enough on tennis.

richie21
11-02-2006, 10:53 AM
yes, Marcos and Rafa are close in terms of 2006 achievement :rolleyes:

read well the title of this thread ;)

Conita
11-02-2006, 11:04 AM
mmm it's hard the youngsters have in fact have a brillant year
i would say Gasquet though he starts to the season was horrid he ended the year with 3 titles all in different surfaces so that's a start but his consistance hasn't been the best with the exception of this last few months, Murray on the other hand has been playing well all around he just needs to start getting the tittles. Baghy well he's as consistent as gasquet he comes and goes so the same applies to him :P
i think the one we are missing here is Del Potro he was done very well!! all year round and he'll deffinitly be out there next season probably inside the top 20 that boy sure is talented!

Murray_no1
11-02-2006, 04:18 PM
The years isn't over yet my rraytarded friend.
When Gasquet manages to win one more match than Murray he will overtake him.

Say what? Looks like Gasquets game is prone to injuries.