If Berdych's finger to the lips is adopted by other players to insult the crowd.... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

If Berdych's finger to the lips is adopted by other players to insult the crowd....

Sjengster
11-01-2006, 12:40 AM
....will it become known in tennis circles as "Giving the Berd"?

aussie12
11-01-2006, 12:43 AM
i cant believe the big deal everyone has made of it, its not like he was the first or last one to do in a sports arena. footballers have been doing it for years and spanish fans deserved it.

atheneglaukopis
11-01-2006, 12:52 AM
....will it become known in tennis circles as "Giving the Berd"?Nice.

Action Jackson
11-01-2006, 12:53 AM
Hahaha

cobalt60
11-01-2006, 12:55 AM
:haha: Well he was not the first nor will he be the last but I like it :yeah:

LaTenista
11-01-2006, 12:58 AM
:lol: Doesn't anyone remember Nadal did the "shhh" gesture as well, it used to be Deivid's avatar? :rolls:

MisterQ
11-01-2006, 01:00 AM

:lol:

Or just being a dych...

rofe
11-01-2006, 01:03 AM
:lol: Doesn't anyone remember Nadal did the "shhh" gesture as well, it used to be Deivid's avatar? :rolls:

Exactly. Birdman stole it. ;)

Though "Giving the Rafa" doesn't have the same oomph...:sad:

Lee
11-01-2006, 01:15 AM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/753/silence.gif

aussie12
11-01-2006, 01:17 AM
if nadal has done it before its a bit hypocritical of him to criticize berdych for doing it, even though it was to his home fans.

silverwhite
11-01-2006, 02:43 AM
Vliegen did it briefly during (not after) his match against Serra.

Sjengster
11-01-2006, 02:47 AM
Yes, I saw that, in fact that was what inspired me, if that is the right phrase, to produce this thread. Vliegen strikes me as a rather antagonistic character a bit like Berdych, you can see from his reactions to missed shots that he expects to be beating every opponent and is annoyed when it doesn't work out that way. Entertaining all-round game for sure, though.

silverwhite
11-01-2006, 02:55 AM
His behaviour during that match left much to be desired though... I don't think Berdych is as hot-tempered as Vliegen seems to be.

General Suburbia
11-01-2006, 03:02 AM

Or just being a dych...
Rolls off the tongue much better.

Action Jackson
11-01-2006, 03:16 AM
His behaviour during that match left much to be desired though... I don't think Berdych is as hot-tempered as Vliegen seems to be.

The Flea loves to gesticulate and whines about a lot of calls. He and Coria would be fun, if they both played up.

atheneglaukopis
11-01-2006, 03:23 AM
Exactly. Birdman stole it. ;)

Though "Giving the Rafa" doesn't have the same oomph...:sad:"Doing the Rafa" = beating Fed, preferably in a final. Or displaying OCD with your water bottles...:devil:

Pretty much you don't have to do something first or even most often to get it associated with you. You have to do it most famously, like Safin leaning on the net after beating Federer. Been done by probably hundreds before him, but now if anyone does it, they're "copying" him.

Peta Pan
11-01-2006, 06:25 AM

:haha: :haha: I love it!

MariaV
11-01-2006, 08:15 AM
Or displaying OCD with your water bottles...:devil:

Rafa admitted that w/o the 'bottles adjustment' it just didn't work. :sad:
It's a medical condition and medical conditions shouldn't be made fun of. ;)

Action Jackson
11-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Pretty much you don't have to do something first or even most often to get it associated with you. You have to do it most famously, like Safin leaning on the net after beating Federer. Been done by probably hundreds before him, but now if anyone does it, they're "copying" him.

Yes, tennis only started with Safin.:)

Sunset of Age
11-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Moya has a slightly different definition. :angel:

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

Saumon
11-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Moya has a slightly different definition. :angel:
:spit: :rolls:
It's a medical condition and medical conditions shouldn't be made fun of. ;)
it made the cover of the last French Tennis Magazine

http://www.tennis-magazine.com/fpdb/Image/WEB_368_COMP/COUV_368_250x200.jpg

exactly! :D

mtw
11-01-2006, 12:38 PM
No. Definitely not. Nadal makes more offensive gastures and his behaviour and his utterance after match against Berdych showes, that Nadal is cad and has no respect to other players.

atheneglaukopis
11-01-2006, 02:30 PM
It's a medical condition and medical conditions shouldn't be made fun of. ;)I didn't mean to offend anyone; humor not intended to hurt is one of the ways my family cope with having or living with people with such medical conditions as OCD, autism, schizophrenia, and dyslexia, and it's considered fair game, no one gets hurt feelings. But I will try to remember that such humor might be considered offensive by some.
In the beginning there was the Hippo, and the Hippo was with tennis, and the Hippo was tennis, and the Hippo and tennis were one.
Moya has a slightly different definition. :angel:Ka-ching! :lol:

ryder
11-05-2006, 10:10 AM
mtw, you obviously don't watch Nadal's press conferences after the match...if you did you'd know that you're a misguided wanker

rommel99
11-05-2006, 11:57 AM
hmm.. i like berdych.. lolz..

The Pro
11-05-2006, 09:04 PM
You can call it the Berd but you should also call it career suicide in the country in which you do it.

Perhaps the spanish will prove to have short memories, but depending on the country some player's anti-fans never go away.

Arnold Fitzgeral
11-06-2006, 06:13 PM
More like "Berd-shitter"

jazar
11-06-2006, 06:54 PM

Or just being a dych...

i love it.

i saw a guy place once at junior wimbledon and he wouldn't stop insulting the crowd. he even had a go at one person in particular who was cheering loudly for his opponent. and after the match he told someone to f*** off.