Dimitry (Sexy Boy) Tursunov d. Nicolas "Indoor Master" Almagro 6-3 5-4 ret [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Dimitry (Sexy Boy) Tursunov d. Nicolas "Indoor Master" Almagro 6-3 5-4 ret

scarecrows
10-31-2006, 10:20 AM
surprising retirement at 5-4

Iván
10-31-2006, 10:23 AM
Thats pathetic from almagro

Frooty_Bazooty
10-31-2006, 10:40 AM
He looked absolutely crap against Bjorkman yesterday, not surprising.

How on earth is he an 'indoor master'??????????????

~EMiLiTA~
10-31-2006, 10:45 AM
what exactly happened? he couldn't wait another game?

I♥PsY@Mus!c
10-31-2006, 10:46 AM
It's really weird. :eek:

scarecrows
10-31-2006, 10:50 AM
How on earth is he an 'indoor master'??????????????

corrected

SwiSha
10-31-2006, 10:57 AM
lmao what a big time joke

Pomat
10-31-2006, 11:25 AM
Almagro is really pathetic
disgust me everytime :mad:

he's not a fair player, never beg pardon for a lucky ball and always wants to explain to umpire that his mark or challenge pic belongs to the opponent

such a kindergarden behaviour

btw according to es he's got foot injury but even his got it or not he had to stay on court till the end for the last 4 serve

Byrd
10-31-2006, 11:37 AM
What a dick, that really takes away credit from tursunovs victory.

Ernham
10-31-2006, 11:37 AM

he's not a fair player, never beg pardon for a lucky ball and always wants to explain to umpire that his mark or challenge pic belongs to the opponent

btw according to es he's got foot injury but even his got it or not he had to stay on court till the end for the last 4 serve

He would have lost to Mayer in Lyon first round if the linesman were not seemingly blind. I think he sucks, as player and a person.

Peta Pan
10-31-2006, 11:47 AM
That is the stupidest thing that players do as far as I'm concerned. NOBODY is actually sorry when they get a lucky point so why should they apologise or beg pardon? I wouldn't.

Anyway, it's a 2nd round match peoples, not a freaking final... get over it!
It doesn't take anything away from Tursunov's victory at all.

mandoura
10-31-2006, 11:48 AM
:bounce: Dima :kiss: :woohoo:

KaxMisha
10-31-2006, 12:15 PM
That is the stupidest thing that players do as far as I'm concerned. NOBODY is actually sorry when they get a lucky point so why should they apologise or beg pardon? I wouldn't.

Nobody says they're sorry. It's just a gesture acknowledging that the player knows he didn't deserve that point.

Pomat
10-31-2006, 12:31 PM

I'm sure that they don't feel sorry, on the contrary they happy about it
but
apology is a part of tennis etiquette

you wouldn't do it but pros have to

KaxMisha
10-31-2006, 12:33 PM
but

I do it too. It has nothing to do with being sorry. It has to do with acknowledging that the point was undeserved.

Yappa
10-31-2006, 12:36 PM
Nobody says they're sorry. It's just a gesture acknowledging that the player knows he didn't deserve that point.

but

I do it too. It has nothing to do with being sorry. It has to do with acknowledging that the point was undeserved.

Exactly. :yeah: It's part of the game.

Peta Pan
10-31-2006, 12:43 PM
but

Meh stuff it. I don't play tennis, but I don't apologise or acknowledge getting a lucky Strike in my tenpin bowling league.. and they are frequent.

Lee
10-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Wow, the guy has torn his quadriceps muscle and he is supposed to finish the match because Dima deserves to.

:rolleyes:

Next time, when some of you want to bash a player or whine about a retirement, please do everyone a favour of finding out why a player retired first?

DrJules
10-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Wow, the guy has torn his quadriceps muscle and he is supposed to finish the match because Dima deserves to.

:rolleyes:

Next time, when some of you want to bash a player or whine about a retirement, please do everyone a favour of finding out why a player retired first?

Agree totally.

Too many people expect injured players to finish matches. In many cases stopping immediately is the best action when injured and further injuries can result from continuing to play.

Murray_no1
10-31-2006, 07:02 PM
I had money on almagro, could he not have given up in the first set, i would have got my money back then! my only loser so far, can't really moan!

R.Federer
10-31-2006, 08:27 PM
Ah, pulling a Justine there.
Well if he's really injured and couldn't hang around and serve underarm, or receive without running for the ball, what can we do.

But Dima's through, yeah!

juanqui.ferrero
10-31-2006, 09:31 PM
He was injuried. He left the court, helped by a linesman I think, and then Verdasco helped him get away...

He didn't play shit, so Dima's victory's deserved. But he couldn't play anymore, he was almost crying...

Lee
10-31-2006, 11:26 PM
Ah, pulling a Justine there.
Well if he's really injured and couldn't hang around and serve underarm, or receive without running for the ball, what can we do.

But Dima's through, yeah!

You know, may be we should have the ball boys holding him on both sides so he could stand up and finish the match. Or, tournament should provide a wheel chair.

Arnold Fitzgeral
11-06-2006, 06:24 PM

I like Almagro. But I agree. I think it is obnoxious to not finish the match.

LOVELY
11-06-2006, 06:43 PM
he was really injured...He couldn't carry his bag at the end of the match and the doctor helped him to walk and also carried his bag and racket...My friend saw him the day after with a doctor too...