LISNARD, Jean-Rene FRA

Q
VERKERK, Martin NED

azza
02-29-2004, 04:37 AM
Goodluck Wayneo!!!!!!

Lee
02-29-2004, 04:56 AM
Soderling will probably play his 1st round match on Tuesday. And if he's lucky (while the other way round for the tournament), there will be rain delay on Tuesday as forecast.

TheBoiledEgg
02-29-2004, 07:56 AM
Robin might get away with a Wed start, lucky he's playing another foreigner

pretty weak, feeble draw

go Igor :D
Dmitry :)
Alex B :)
Kiefer
Robin S
Johansson
Alex C :)
even The Face :o
Wesley

gmak
02-29-2004, 10:26 AM
i wonder if we'll have the rain delays that hampered the women's tournament last year :rolleyes:

croat123
02-29-2004, 10:42 AM
mario :)
ivo :)

virex
02-29-2004, 01:22 PM
karlovic and tursunov will be a slugfest

Tennis Fool
02-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Weak but interesting field with the Americans and upstarts. Where are the Aussies?

I think this will be on regular TV, so first event I have been able to see since going to the US Open :)

stephB
02-29-2004, 07:23 PM
why john has to play against roddick :( *cry*

Fee
02-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Tennis Channel has this one, but I think ESPN is showing the final on Sunday.

Dubai offered more money and more points, so more players decided to play there, especially since they now have four days to get to IW before main draw play starts on Friday the 12th. I don't know why Lleyton isn't playing anywhere this week, but who knows why Lleyton does what he does these days.

TheBoiledEgg
02-29-2004, 08:58 PM
I wonder why Lleyton's decided not to defend his title this year? :scratch:

no point wasting his energy here on a crap field when he has Kim waiting for him :devil:

Tricky_Forehand
02-29-2004, 09:25 PM
Alex B :)
Kiefer

Good. It's not just me rooting for Alex :D .

I consider Alex and Nicolas to be separate from the rest of the field but I hope for a good tournament from:

Vince (although I won't be too mad at Tojo if he wins. He's back to his old ways of beating my favorites and irritating me :rolleyes: )
Robby
Dmitry (although I hate to see Ivo lose so early :sad: )
Xavier

My long shot hope for a good tournament would be Brendan Evans. He wasn't so lucky with drawing Jan-Michael but it should be a good experience for him, if nothing else. He's been mixing in a few pro tournaments while still finishing his last year in Juniors. More of a hype has been made out of Brian Baker but I think Brendan could make some noise at some point.

Fee
03-01-2004, 03:52 AM
Unfortunately, the ATP won't hold each tournament to certain standards for their websites (I wish they would). Of course, money probably has a lot to do with it too.

Interesting point from Bob Larson's Look Forward: JanMike has won all 3 of his singles titles during this week of the season. I hope this trend holds out for him one more time.

Lee
03-01-2004, 04:30 AM
The Scottsdale site sucks. :( Why can't these tournys take a cure from Rotterdam's AMROW? Their website was *great*. Best of all, they had streaming live video of matches most people couldn't otherwise see. All tennis sites should do this.

The clock on the site is not even local time. It's et instead of mt :rolleyes:

Lee
03-01-2004, 04:30 AM
Go Kiwi! :bounce:

Deboogle!.
03-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Re: the weather here... it's def. going to rain tomorrow (Tuesday) it appears.

Just pray for me that it doesn't rain Wed. too (that's when I have day session tix) :scared:

Lee, did you get over to the qualies? what's it like at the resort?

Deboogle!.
03-01-2004, 04:05 PM
:hug: :kiss:

At the public library around the corner from our condo :) It's chilly in the morning here so we go to the library pretty much every morning, I'll be checking in frequently ;)

Just pray it doesn't rain on Wed. for me, ok? hehe

Tricky_Forehand
03-01-2004, 04:15 PM
It looks like there will be no livescoring :mad:

Lee
03-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Re: the weather here... it's def. going to rain tomorrow (Tuesday) it appears.

Just pray for me that it doesn't rain Wed. too (that's when I have day session tix) :scared:

Lee, did you get over to the qualies? what's it like at the resort?

I think you should be OK on Wednesday.

Yes, I went to the qualies on Saturday and I enjoyed it very much.

I think you've not been to the tournament site before. What information you want to know? The tournament site? The environment? How to get there?

Deboogle!.
03-02-2004, 03:49 PM
oohhh no no I wasn't looking for info, just like what it's like hehe. Like is it nice, fancy, what's the stadium like, etc. I know all the facts stuff like the times, dates, directions, where to park etc :) Just was asking if you were having a good time, etc. :)

Lee
03-02-2004, 05:49 PM
Other than the tennis courts, I didn't set foot on the resort. The tennis courts are at the west end of the resort, so you don't need to get into the resort to access the tournament sites.

The environment is pretty cozy, IMO. Lots of gravels and sands around so my recommended footwear is sneakers/runners, etc. You don't need to run around if you want to watch matches, check for practice courts, etc. There are only 7 courts altogether and right next to each other.