Can Blake Win Paris? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Can Blake Win Paris?

mrserenawilliams
10-31-2006, 02:26 AM
With the top 4 players out of Paris, Blake, IMHO, has a good shot to win Paris. He's had a couple weeks off to recouperate, and he should be fresh. How likely are his title chances?

guga2120
10-31-2006, 02:27 AM
i think he can get to the final. He might be able to win, its a good surface for him.

Yappa
10-31-2006, 02:35 AM
Apart from the unlucky loss against Vliegen, his form was rather impressive. I say, he'll take the title. He just has to stay away from 3rd set TBs and a 5th set in the final.

Johnny Groove
10-31-2006, 02:36 AM
Blake is very capable of winning the title. Of course, he is also very capable of losing in the 2nd round :tape:

Katastrophe
10-31-2006, 03:18 AM
Blake is very capable of winning the title. Of course, he is also very capable of losing in the 2nd round :tape:

Classic story of Blake, you can't really tell beforehand. If he gets negative, it can slip away in a hurry. If he's feeling good, winning the title is within reach.

Asmus
10-31-2006, 03:43 AM
If he can get by Safin (who seems to be playing well) it's his to lose.

disturb3d
10-31-2006, 04:04 AM
Safin has no chance of winning. His day-to-day tennis is barely top 30 material.

It's a race between Berdych, Blake and Ginepri.

Voo de Mar
10-31-2006, 04:07 AM
Go ahead James! :rocker2:

But I want to be a realistic person, so I have voted 60-70%...

KaxMisha
10-31-2006, 04:14 AM
Safin has no chance of winning. His day-to-day tennis is barely top 30 material.

It's a race between Berdych, Blake and Ginepri.

Ummmm... Yeah. Seeing as you also said that Federer wouldn't surpass Connors's 160 consecutive weaks at the number 1 spot record, it's better to just ignore this, seeing as it comes from you. I mean, GINEPRI? Hahahahaha.

disturb3d
10-31-2006, 04:19 AM
I just noticed the bullshit options on the poll.
If Blake doesn't win, then he chokes?

I don't wanna be too harsh, but reality needs to be set on the Americans.
Blake is a joke. He could play the best match of his life and get double bagelled by Joe Schmo.

disturb3d
10-31-2006, 04:20 AM
Ummmm... Yeah. Seeing as you also said that Federer wouldn't surpass Connors's 160 consecutive weaks at the number 1 spot record, it's better to just ignore this, seeing as it comes from you. I mean, GINEPRI? Hahahahaha.Ginepri is god.

KaxMisha
10-31-2006, 04:22 AM
Ginepri is god.

Yeah. Ginepri is much, MUCH better than Safin. I know. Please, tell me what you're on!

disturb3d
10-31-2006, 04:30 AM
Yeah. Ginepri is much, MUCH better than Safin. I know. Please, tell me what you're on!We wont dwell on the fact that Safin couldn't outrally Ginepri to save his life.

Safin is a hit and miss player. Doesn't construct points. Has some of the worst footwork north of Travolta.
Although his height allows him to generate great power with a mediocre technique. And his timing is excellent.

Apart from his volley, Ginepri is excellent in all areas.
His combo of speed+footwork+backhand is the best I've ever seen.

Give them a match. And Rob will beat him over, and over, and over, and over.

bad gambler
10-31-2006, 04:35 AM
I believe he has a 61.173546% chance hence my selection of 60-70%

TennisGrandSlam
10-31-2006, 04:44 AM
Maybe

Hope that he try his best!

Blake vs Gonzo is my dream final. :cool:

simpletennis
10-31-2006, 05:11 AM
blake CAN, but he will, is totally up to his confidence and consistency

corporalclegg
10-31-2006, 06:16 AM
Safin will win it.

mrserenawilliams
10-31-2006, 07:49 AM
well I hope he wins, it would be GREAT for his confidence

Purple Rainbow
10-31-2006, 09:48 AM
Given that paris is devaluated to a Mickey mouse TMS, Blake might win. But there are at least 5 others who have as decent a shot at the title as Blake has.

canbera
10-31-2006, 11:49 AM
No, he can't.

mrserenawilliams
11-01-2006, 01:05 AM
is there any particular reason why not?

Jlee
11-01-2006, 02:25 AM
I just noticed the bullshit options on the poll.
If Blake doesn't win, then he chokes?

I don't wanna be too harsh, but reality needs to be set on the Americans.
Blake is a joke. He could play the best match of his life and get double bagelled by Joe Schmo.

I agree, there's a chance he could be outplayed. Be reasonable though, he's a top ten player. Best match of his life and double bageled?! :rolleyes:

We wont dwell on the fact that Safin couldn't outrally Ginepri to save his life.

Safin is a hit and miss player. Doesn't construct points. Has some of the worst footwork north of Travolta.
Although his height allows him to generate great power with a mediocre technique. And his timing is excellent.

Ginepri's slam total: 0
Safin's slam total: 2

disturb3d
11-01-2006, 05:21 AM
Best match of his life and double bageled?!There are so few tools in Blake's game, that his area of improvement is ridiculously small.
Counter-act his bashing game and show some variety, and what can he do?
Run faster and hit a harder forehand?

I wouldn't be surprised if Federer, Nalbandian or Ljubicic beat a confident Blake, losing only 25-30 points in the match.

Jlee
11-01-2006, 08:15 PM
There are so few tools in Blake's game, that his area of improvement is ridiculously small.
Counter-act his bashing game and show some variety, and what can he do?
Run faster and hit a harder forehand?

I wouldn't be surprised if Federer, Nalbandian or Ljubicic beat a confident Blake, losing only 25-30 points in the match.

Or go to the net...or hit some BH winners.

Oh well I thought you were talking about any random player. Those three (plus Roddick) would have a better chance, but I still don't see it as very likely. Except maybe with Roger :lol:

And good job in ignoring my comment on your ridiculous Ginepri/Safin comparison :lol:

Rogiman
11-01-2006, 08:51 PM
With his aggressive return of serve and great instincts I'd say his chances of taking the whole thing are as good as anyone's, and I'll definitely won't be disappointed if he wins the title.

With 5 titles to his name already this season he looks to me fully prepared to finally draw blood in the big ones, and the weakend field doesn't hurt his chances either.

Then again, he's due to a tough QF match (Haas won't be a problem).

DrJules
11-01-2006, 08:54 PM

He is certainly capable of winning, but has reduced the number of bad results which has resulted in him reaching the top 10.

madmanfool
11-01-2006, 09:11 PM
We wont dwell on the fact that Safin couldn't outrally Ginepri to save his life.

Safin doesn't construct points, give me a break. Did you see his match against Soderling, there's a reason why he won like something like 25/30 points at the net and it's not because he ran to the net like an idiot. He constructed those points or you suddenly think he's the most gifted volleyer on tour? Safin is as good a mix between power and technique as it gets.

Got nothing against Ginepri, great player, little bit of an underachiever if you ask me, could still improve his backhand a bit, but a very smart player.