***Sending Rafa Positive Vibes*** JIA YOU RAFA IN SHANGHAI! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

***Sending Rafa Positive Vibes*** JIA YOU RAFA IN SHANGHAI!

Pages : [1] 2

mallorn
10-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Does anyone know how to say VAMOS! in Chinese? :p

Johnny Groove
10-29-2006, 07:02 PM
does anyone know how to say "healthy" in Chinese? :awww:

NeverSayDie
10-29-2006, 07:02 PM
:lol:

mallorn
10-29-2006, 07:04 PM
We'll ask Veyonce! :yeah:

Johnny Groove
10-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Rafa will sweep out Shanghai, win Sydney, and win the AO for a push for the #1 in 2007 :rocker2:

Carlita
10-29-2006, 07:08 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug: Rafaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :hug::hug::hug::hug:

NicoFan
10-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Poor sweetie...I'm so worried about him. :sad:

Lots of :hug: and :kiss: for him.

Tio Toni - help our chico!!!!

Jogg
10-29-2006, 07:36 PM
poor baby :hug: hope he is fit and healthy for the masters cup :kiss:

silver7
10-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Hope he can play in Shanghai and he´ll be healthy. :hug: for Rafa.

NaDALiTa
10-30-2006, 12:29 AM
PRENDS SOIN DE TOI ET REVIENS NOUS VITE EN FORME !! :hug: :hug:

i can't say it in chinese, but i can in french.........and last night i dreamed he speaks french :ouch: so he might understand :lol: :lol:

linus
10-30-2006, 09:21 AM
;) in Chinese here

"vamos" -- Jia You (to add energy)

"healthy" -- Jian Kang

NeverSayDie
10-30-2006, 04:46 PM
;) in Chinese here

"healthy" -- Jian Kang

JIA YOU RAFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Hmmm....doesnt sound as good as VAMOS but if it make him win in Shanghai then :D

mallorn
10-30-2006, 05:03 PM
;) in Chinese here

"healthy" -- Jian Kang
Oh, thank you so much! :lol:

So yesterday I thought things looked very bleak, cause I read an article saying that tears like this could take six weeks to heal. But today Rafa underwent some more tests and he gave a press conference, and there's a glimmer of hope. :)

Here's the article summarising his presser, translated by Nou.amic :worship: of VB.com.
30 Oct 06 · Sportec.es
Nadal confident he will recover in time to play in Shanghai

Mallorcan tennis player Rafael Nadal demonstrated this Monday that he was confident about recovering in time from a small tear (microrrotura fibrilar de 4mm) in his abdominal muscles to be able to contest the Masters Cup in Shanghai, 12-19 November.

After informing the organizers of the Masters Paris-Bercy that he could not compete in the French capital because of the injury he sustained last week, Nadal appeared before the media today in Barcelona to explain how he felt and confirm that he felt "better" and "confident" about playing in Shanghai, a tournament he already missed last year because of a problem with his ankle.

"I've had tests done in Mallorca, Paris and Barcelona, and each one has given better results, so I'm confident I'll be fit for Shanghai," stated Nadal, who will remain in Barcelona for one more day to have treatment with ice and medication to prevent any swelling.

The player from Manacor injured himself while training last week. "I started to feel it on Thursday, especially when I served, but at first I thought it was only cramp, but on Saturday morning I felt faint and that's why we did a scan," commented Nadal, aware that "with this type of injury you have to be careful that it doesn't get more serious."

Of the top ATP players only Federer, Nadal, Ljubicic and Roddick have secured their ticket to Shanghai, so there are still four places left to be decided in Paris. [3 in fact because Davydenko has also qualified.]

Tommy Robredo has the chance of getting one of them: "the good thing is that it depends on him alone, if he wins one or two games in Paris, he could be in Shanghai," reckoned Nadal.

The world number two, who plans to travel to the Chinese city to prepare for the Masters Cup next Tuesday, will be back training in three days to prepare for the last big tournament of the year and arrive at the Australian Open "with better guarantees and aiming really high".

Nadal also explained that he hoped the changes he had been trying to introduce into his game, especially since the summer - "a more powerful serve, a more aggressive forehand" - , would soon be translated into victories."

"But you never can tell because sport is not an exact science. Perhaps it's not noticeable, but I think I'm at a good level and I'm confident I'll begin to demonstrate that in Shanghai," he said.

The double Roland Garros champion reflected on the early age at which he had begun to win tournaments, which to a certain extent had prevented him from refining some aspects of his game, because "when you start winning so young, you don't develop so much because you concentrate on winning matches and tournaments."

"Federer, for example, didn't begin winning so soon, and he went on improving without paying too much attention to the results," he cited as an example.

The Mallorcan player also admitted that the world number one is "on a level above the rest" of the players and stated that "his results practically make him the best player ever."

http://newstec.sportec.es/noticias.asp?deporte=tenis&fichero=2006/10/20061030_6&p=1&t=1

Jia You, Rafa! :bounce:

Johnny Groove
10-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Jia You Rafa!!!!!!!

But more importantly, Jian Kang :awww:

Jogg
10-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the article Mallorn :hug:

:awww: feeling a little better about his chances of making Shanghai now

NicoFan
10-30-2006, 11:48 PM
I want so much to see him in Shanghai... por favor Rafa sweetie be jian kang!!!

mallorn
10-31-2006, 06:21 PM
Another article from the Spanish press, following Rafa's press conference yesterday, as always translated by Nou.amic of VB.com. I really hope the author is being realistic. :awww:
Nadal, ready in three days time

His abdominal injury is making good progress, and there's no danger of him missing Shanghai

By Ángel Rigueira
Translated by nou.amic

Barcelona.- Rafa Nadal arrived at the Nike company building in Prat de Llobregat with a big smile on his face. His visit to Doctor Angel Cotorro had had positive results, A third scan had proved that the injury that had kept him out of the Paris-Bercy tournament is healing well, and there is no danger of him missing the Masters Cup in Shanghai, 12-19 November.

Rest, ice and anti-inflamatories are mitigating the effects of the small, 4mm, abdominal muscle tear. He should be back training in three days time.

"I could already be hitting because it only hurts when I serve, but you have to be careful with these type of injuries," said Nadal, who on Thursday had, in fact, not thought the pain was anything serious. "I thought it was a stitch/stiffness, but on Saturday I felt faint and decided to have a scan." He had another scan in Paris on Sunday and a third yesterday in Barcelona, where today (Tuesday) he will again visit Doctor Cotorro.

After the four months that he was sidelined with an injury to his left foot, nothing on the physical side is left to chance. "I'm pleased with the way the year has gone both from the point of view of injuries and of results. This time last year, I could not have imagined I would be able to do all that I've done this season."

He has been champion in Dubai, Monte Carlo, the Godó, Rome and Roland Garros, and runner up at Wimbledon, since when he has not come near to winning a title, "but I've been in three quarter finals, with good chances of advancing further. I returned to playing at my best level in Madrid and I feel good about Shanghai, although I already said during the US Open that my aim is to arrive in Australia (January 2007) with guarantees of being able to aim really high."

After Flushing Meadow, Nadal and his team decided to make some adjustments in his game. "We decided that I had to play more aggressive tennis, and I have changed my serve and my forehand to achieve that. At twenty, I haven't finished my apprenticeship phase, and must keep improving. You can't go to war with a sling, you have to have powerful weapons, and that's what we're working on. Federer, for example, didn't start winning quite so young, so he was able to go on improving gradually without feeling pressurised by results."

He knows he must be patient, "This is not an exact science and you never know when all of this work will be seen in the results, but I hope it will be soon. If possible, as soon as Shanghai. But I wouldn't change this train of work for one particular result." He wants to improve, though not thinking of being able to catch Federer, "the best ever", but of his own natural evolution as a player.

Also, an excerpt from a Sport.es article by Neus Yerro:
"Because he's been changing his serve, there are some areas that get more strained and it's normal that some discomfort should appear," explained Doctor Ruiz Cotorro, who affirmed "we're well within the time limit. Now we've just got to wait."

One thing Rafa has quite clear is: "I want to play in Shanghai. The problem is not so worrying as it looked at first and it has got much better in the last few days." Furthermore, Nadal is a man who responds better than most to treatment.
Jia You, Rafa!

Johnny Groove
10-31-2006, 08:11 PM
Jian Kang :bounce:

Alexandy
11-01-2006, 03:42 AM
I know I was all super positive a few days ago, but now I'm worried. I kind of don't want Rafa to play Shanghai. Injuries always seem to end up worse when the athlete comes back to soon. I think Rafa should just look toward the Australian Open and get some more rest.

But if he feels like he's okay then I"ll cheer him on. Jia You, Rafa. Be Jian Kang.

Thanks to Linus and other posters I now know how to cheer for players in three other languages besides english. Cool. :)

cmurray
11-01-2006, 05:21 PM
I know I was all super positive a few days ago, but now I'm worried. I kind of don't want Rafa to play Shanghai. Injuries always seem to end up worse when the athlete comes back to soon. I think Rafa should just look toward the Australian Open and get some more rest.

But if he feels like he's okay then I"ll cheer him on. Jia You, Rafa. Be Jian Kang.

Thanks to Linus and other posters I now know how to cheer for players in three other languages besides english. Cool. :)

Doctors aren't going to let him play Beijing if he isn't ready. And given what happened last year with his foot, I can't believe he'll take any chances. if his body is ready, i want him there. If it isn't, I hope he stays home.

aurora2006
11-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Vaaaaaaaaaaaaaamossssssssssss Rafaelito!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mallorn
11-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Rafa will make his decision about participating in the Masters Cup tomorrow, after his practice. Thanks to Nou.amic :hug: of VB.com for the translation.

Mallorcan "Master's" Big Decision

After training tomorrow, Rafael Nadal will decide if he will take part in the Masters.

By Amador Pons
Translated by nou.amic

In Shanghai they all have their fingers crossed hoping that the test Rafael Nadal is to undergo tomorrow will prove positive. The Mallorcan player had planned to play in the TMS Paris-Bercy this week and finish the season at the Masters Cup. But a few days before leaving for the French capital, he injured his abdominal muscles during training, had to withdraw from the final Masters Series of the season, and put his participation in the Masters Cup in jeopardy. There has been a notable improvement (in the injury) in the last few days, although taking the trip to China depends on how he feels tomorrow on court. There seems to be a jinx on Rafael Nadal's participation in the Masters Cup. It is one of the competitions that the Mallorcan player finds most attractive and the organizers are very interested in his being there as he is one of the players that draws most fans to the tournament and to his matches, especially if he plays Roger Federer, which captures the interest of half the world.

But, one year ago, Rafael Nadal learned a great lesson. The Manacor player injured his ankle (sic) during the Masters Series Madrid final and despite not having recovered he wanted to take part in the Masters Cup in Shanghai, as it was the first time he had classified for the "Masters" tournament. He had to stop during the practice sessions because his foot swelled up the moment he forced himself as he usually does and he had to pull out of the tournament the day before it started.

In the end that injury could have cost him his career, as no cure could be found for his pain and he had to spend three months without playing. So this year he is not prepared to take the risk. He is still very enthusiastic about playing in China, but he will not travel if he has not fully recovered. The tests Doctor Angel Ruiz Cotorro carried out last Monday allow for optimism, though everything depends now on the sensations Nadal feels during the tests he will undergo tomorrow on court. The Masters Cup takes place 12 - 20 November and if he does finally take part, Rafael Nadal will have to leave at the beginning of next week as practically a day will be lost travelling and he will need time to adjust to the time difference (Shanghai is seven hours ahead of Spain). Although it is difficult to predict results in the Masters Cup, as the eight best players take part and there is little difference between them, Rafael Nadal, with Roger Federer, is a favourite to win the title. The championship takes place on a fast surface, but it is similar to the one used in Madrid, considerably slower, for example, than the surface being used this week in Paris, which will benefit the Balearic player's game.

Hopefully he'll make the right decision and won't push things.

UPDATE:

Info found on VB.com. Rafa practised today for 45 minutes without problem. Now they're going to lengthen and intensify his practice sessions. He's going to have another MRI on Monday in Barcelona and if everything is OK he'll fly to Shanghai on Tuesday via London (where he's supposed to attend the World Trade Market, promoting Balearic Islands).

linus
11-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Rafa as scheduled will arrive in Shanghai on Nov.6 to be the first :yippee:

PoderShileno
11-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Rafa va a shangai????????????????????

Grofica
11-03-2006, 09:52 PM
I hope he will get well and going to play his best:) good luck:)

NicoFan
11-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Mallorn - gracias for all the info. :hug:

I hope Rafa is better...but I don't want him to play unless he's 100%.

mallorn
11-04-2006, 08:54 AM
Hi Lynn! :hug:

Latest news from an Ultima Hora article is that Rafa's training has been going reasonably well, he's had no pain and started doing serving exercises without actually hitting the ball. He's going to undergo the last test on Monday.

http://www.ultimahora.es/segunda.dba?-1+9+378747

So hopefully he'll be completely Jian Kang for Shanghai. *everything crossed*

Johnny Groove
11-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Rafa needs to be healthy for Shanghai, I know he can win it :sad:

Jogg
11-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Good luck to Rafa for Monday :) hope the scan will show everything has healed nicely

NicoFan
11-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Thanks Mallorn for the news! So another :hug: for you! :lol:

I hope he (and we) have good news on Monday. :yeah:

mallorn
11-06-2006, 04:32 PM
:yippee: The news is good indeed. :D

Here's an excerpt from an article translated by Nou.amic of VB.com:
This Monday Rafa underwent the last test in Barcelona with the RFET (Spanish Tennis Federation) doctor and the results were satisfactory; so Doctor Angel Ruiz Cotorro has given him the medical all clear to be in Shanghai.

"I've spoken to him (Rafa) and he has told me that everything is perfect and he has no discomfort. He has been practising serves and it appears that the injury has healed, so he's going to go to London to an event for the Baleares Government and then we will meet up in Munich on Tuesday to set out for China," explained Toni Nadal.

http://vamosbrigade.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=123693#123693

Jia You! :bounce:

RogiFan88
11-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Finally, news that Rafa is going to Shanghai -- that's good for him. He won't miss it two years in a row. ;)

MariaV
11-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Oh, thanks for the good news. :D :D :D
VAMOS Rafael!!!!!! :bounce: :bigclap: :yippee:

PoderShileno
11-07-2006, 12:19 AM
Grandeeeee rafa¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

atheneglaukopis
11-07-2006, 01:37 AM
:yippee: The news is good indeed. :D

Here's an excerpt from an article translated by Nou.amic of VB.com:

Jia You! :bounce:I hope that isn't in bold and dark orchid for a reason! :lol:

Anyway, I'm happy to hear Rafa's feeling better. :hug:

Sunset of Age
11-07-2006, 03:36 AM
I'm so glad he'll be there - and I hope he'll show the best of him, there!

VAMOS, my dearest Little One! :worship: :worship: :worship:

mallorn
11-07-2006, 05:58 PM
I hope that isn't in bold and dark orchid for a reason! :lol:
:lol: ;) The only reason is that I don't like red (which I used for vamosing before) with this new pale blue skin.

From BBC Sport:
Nadal fully fit for Masters Cup

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42288000/jpg/_42288140_nadal203.jpg
Nadal beat Federer to win the French Open in June

Rafael Nadal insists his motivation will be sky high when he lines up in the season-ending Masters Cup in Shanghai later this month.

Nadal beat Roger Federer to defend the French Open in June but blamed fatigue on poor results since he lost the Wimbledon final to the Swiss in July.

And Nadal says he has recovered from an abdominal problem and is raring to go.

"I feel OK. I was practising very hard last month and I arrive in Shanghai with my best motivation," said Nadal.

"For me it was an unbelievable year. The most important moment was winning Roland Garros for a second time and another very special moment was when I won the semi-finals at Wimbledon.

"It was also very emotional because I won the last match of Andre Agassi at Wimbledon.

"I played my best level at Wimbledon but I'm going to keep working hard to improve my game because to win there is a dream for me.

"But the season is not finished. I've got to play in Shanghai in one of the most important tournaments in the world so I'm going to try my best there."

Roger Federer, Ivan Ljubicic, Andy Roddick, Nikolay Davydenko, Tommy Robredo, James Blake and David Nalbandian complete the elite line-up in China.

The 12-19 November event sees the top eight players in the 2006 ATP Race divided into two groups, with the two best from each round robin progressing to the knockout stages.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/6126080.stm

veyonce
11-08-2006, 02:18 AM
sina.com.cn
Translated articles:-

Nadal’s Flight Confirmed And Will Arrive With Other Tennis Players On 8 November 2006

7 November 2006

Journalist: Zhou Qi

Roger Federer has arrived, what about his arch rival, Rafael Nadal? Rafa was prepared to arrive on 6 November 2006 but re-scheduled his arrival date to 8 November 2006. With the flight details yet to be confirmed and his withdrawal from Paris Masters due to an injury will no doubt make one wonder if this will affect this year’s Masters Cup. However Rafael Nadal finally confirmed his flight schedule to the Masters Cup’s organizers last night and will be arriving in the afternoon of 8 November 2006.

When Rafa’s flight details were not confirmed earlier on, even the Spanish media was worried. According to the organizers, the Spanish media has been calling non-stop to enquire about Rafa’s flight schedule. They are following closely on this Spanish clay kid’s every move.

Nadal pulled out from Paris Masters due to a muscle injury and thus failed to contend for this year's last Masters Series event. However, he expressed that this will not affect his participation in the Masters Cup. 

Accordingly, he will fly in to London to participate in a tourism event for his hometown, Mallorca, and will then depart for Shanghai. Currently, his confirmed entourage arriving with him in Shanghai is his uncle and coach, Toni Nadal. 8 November 2006 will also be the day where most of the Masters Cup participants will arrive in Shanghai, including Nadal, Roddick, Davydenko, the Bryan brothers etc.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/t/2006-11-07/08502551592.shtml

Sohu

Nadal Will Not Be Missing The Masters Cup Gathering And Is The Last Player To Confirm His Arrival To Pudong International Airport

8 November 2006 9.04am
Journalist: Wang Yan

Nalbandian, Davydenko, Robredo, Roddick, the Bryan brothers… These are the list of very important players whom will be arriving at Pudong International Airport today. Of course, the Spanish kid, Rafael Nadal, whom has been injured recently, will not miss this gathering at the Masters Cup. He finally confirmed his arrival with the organizers at the last minute and became the last player to confirm his flight schedule and choose to “join in the party” by rushing to Shanghai today.

Nadal pulled out before Paris Masters, this year’s last Masters Series event, due to a muscle injury and this move caused speculation among the Spanish media: Nadal whom has been unhappy about the surface may miss this year’s Masters Cup again. You may recall that Nadal’s coach/uncle, Toni Nadal, has criticized that the surface was unfair to his nephew after they had first practice session last year. But this year’s slower ball speed and the higher bounce will be an advantage to the Spaniard. You can say, it will all depend on Nadal whether he can have good results. However, Nadal has not won a single title in 5 months since the French Open and he has never been in the top 8 on hard court tournaments. Compared to the previous year, this is a very big decline. Thus, it will be an uphill task for Nadal whom does not wish to miss out the Masters Cup and the title.

http://sports.sohu.com/20061108/n246259868.shtml

Extract from a Federer article on tom.com:-

When asked about the improved surface at this year’s Masters Cup, Federer said: “It’s quite similar to the surface at Madrid Masters and easier to adapt to it, because it is an indoor tournament, so it should be easier to adapt.”

Next, the hottest topic of this year’s Masters Cup: how to face his arch rival, Nadal. When he just arrived on the 6th, Federer was unwilling to comment on this topic. However, after adjusting to the surface, the Swiss exuded full confidence in defeating Nadal. “I really hope to play against him again, I have confidence in defeating him because this is after all a hard court tournament and the odds of winning are higher for me.”

Nadal also went through a medical check up in Barcelona after he pulled out from the Paris Masters and has received his doctor’s approval to play. Nadal will fly to Shanghai after a commercial event in London and accompanying him are his uncle/coach, Toni, his physiotherapist and assistant coach.

http://sports.tom.com/2006-11-08/0B6G/84271274.html

Björki
11-08-2006, 05:45 AM
Draw is out:

Red Group: Federer (1), Ljubicic (4), Roddick (5), Nalbandian (7)
Blue Group: Nadal (2), Davydenko (3), Robredo (6), Blake (8)

atheneglaukopis
11-08-2006, 06:21 AM
:lol: ;) The only reason is that I don't like red (which I used for vamosing before) with this new pale blue skin.

From BBC Sport:Dark orchid has a specific meaning, though (especially in bold and caps), and that meaning is starting to spread even beyond the Safin forum...Be careful. ;)

Thanks for the article. Good luck, Rafa! :yeah:

Rog1
11-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Go Rafa!!

You deserve the chance to play the brilliant tennis you can play

Linda (Luton-UK)

linus
11-08-2006, 09:54 AM
finally Rafa landed his feet in Shanghai :hug:

Hao Yun + Jia You :yippee:

mallorn
11-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks Veyonce! :hug:

Here's the schedule of play for the first two days. Rafa's first opponent is Blake. :unsure:

ORDER OF PLAY - Sunday, November 12, 2006

1:00 pm - R Federer (SUI) vs D Nalbandian (ARG)
I Ljubicic (CRO) vs A Roddick (USA)
B Bryan (USA) & M Bryan (USA) vs J Erlich (ISR) & A Ram (ISR)
P Hanley (AUS) & K Ullyett (ZIM) vs M Damm (CZE) & L Paes (IND)

ORDER OF PLAY - Monday, November 13, 2006
2:00 pm - J Bjorkman (SWE) & M Mirnyi (BLR) vs M Fyrstenberg (POL) & M Matkowski (POL)
M Knowles (BAH) & D Nestor (CAN) vs F Santoro (FRA) & N Zimonjic (SRB)
Not Before 7:00 PM - R Nadal (ESP) vs J Blake (USA)
N Davydenko (RUS) vs T Robredo (ESP)

Jia You, Rafa! :bounce:

P.S. I know what you mean, Athene, hence the ;) but I only used it because I liked the colour. If the meaning is beginning to spread, though, I'd better change it to Indigo. :lol:

veyonce
11-08-2006, 01:23 PM
:wavey: mallorn!!!

Here's the first article since Rafa's arrival in Shanghai.

sports163
Recovered Nadal Arrived In Shanghai The Mention Of Xisca Makes Uncle Toni Angry

2006-11-08 17:00:28
Journalist: garros

The 2nd seed of this year's Shanghai Masters Cup, Rafael Nadal, arrived in Shanghai this afternoon around 3pm Beijing time, however, Nadal was not accompanied by his girlfriend this time since their relationship came to light. Nadal's uncle/coach, Toni, was even frustrated by the questions the media asked regarding Nadal's girlfriend.

Nadal withdrew from the Paris Masters a week ago due to an abdominal injury. When asked about his injury, Nadal expressed that he has fully recovered and there wasn't any problem to participate in this tournament. However, when asked about his prospects in this year's Masters Cup, the world no. 2 Spanish king kept a very low profile, "I feel that every tournament is very tough." 24 hours ago, Federer was brimming with confidence and told the journalists, "I am very confident of defeating Nadal here." Looks like the poor tournament results of the later part of the year has robbed Nadal of his confidence. Nadal has not been able to make it to the semi-finals since Wimbledon.

The biggest news about Nadal this year, beside his 4 victories against Federer, will be: a girlfriend. However, there wasn't any sight of his girlfriend among Nadal's entourage. When the media asked Nadal why he didn't bring his girlfriend along, Uncle Toni whom was beside him, showed his displeasure upon hearing the question and without waiting for Nadal's reply, immediately mumbled something to the bodyguards behind him. The bodyguards immediately shoved all the journalists away.

Looks like this year Uncle Toni is the most unhappy man. This was because there was a mistake made by the organisers; there wasn't any car for Uncle Toni after Nadal and his bodyguards got into a car. Uncle Toni has to wait for 15 minutes for another car.

http://sports.163.com/06/1108/17/2VE14CPH00051CDG.html

veyonce
11-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Another article:
Nadal Practiced For 3 Hours Shortly After Arrival & Praised The Surface For Being "Perfect"

2006-11-08 23:30:28

Nadal left for the stadium after leaving his luggage and went through a 3 hour high intensity training session.

After arriving at the hotel at 4pm, Nadal appeared at Shanghai Qi Zhong stadium at 6pm and went through a 3 hour high intensity training session. Nadal is "insane".

Federer was very relaxed and only had his 1st training session on the 2nd day, the intensity was also very low, it was as if he was playing tennis with his girlfriend. Nadal is the opposite; during his 3 hour training session, Nadal together with his childhood friend (Tomeu) and assistant coach, was hitting baseline shots and his serves, he was working very hard.

After his practice, Nadal expressed that he was very happy with this surface, "This surface is very perfect, it was much better than last year!" Nadal's uncle was already unhappy about the fast speed of the surface last year when the tournament has not even started and that it was not suitable as the surface for the final event. Nadal too, expressed his displeasure a while later. This time, the Masters Cup surface was changed to a surface similar to the Madrid Masters, Nadal is quite pleased about it.

Nadal spent half of his practice session on his backhands and baseline returns. Each round last about 15 minutes and play was non-stop. Nadal was already covered in sweat in 1 hour and soon took off his shirt, using a towel to wipe away his sweat and put on a new shirt.

After this, Nadal whom always stay at the baseline, began to practice his serves. At this moment, Uncle Toni who has been quiet all these while, went forward and kept gesturing to Nadal the movements of his feet after his service game. Maybe this is Nadal's latest weapon.

Throughout the practice session, the total rest time for Nadal was only about 20 minutes. When the session ended, the assistant coach was too tired to move. Nadal became a superman under the strict guidance of Uncle Toni. Nadal was injured during 1 of last year's pre-tournament high intensity training session and had to withdrew in the end.
http://sports.163.com/06/1108/23/2VENEGCN00051CDG.html

mallorn
11-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks Veyonce! :smooch: The Chinese media are very busy, always coming up with new stories. I can't believe they asked him the GF question like the second he arrived. :lol:
Nadal expressed that he was very happy with this surface
:eek: That's nice to read. :yeah:
together with his childhood friend (Tomeu) and assistant coach
Who's the assistant coach? Does anyone know? Or do they mean his fitness trainer, the one who replaced Juanan?

Looks like Rafa means business. :cool:

Lopaka
11-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Tomeu Salva (Bartolome Salva-Vida) a boyhood friend of Rafa. He is also an ATP player. He accompanied Rafa to Shanghai last year as a practice partner.

Based on the article posted by Veyonce it is good to read he will be with Rafa. Tomeu along with Uncle Toni should really help Rafa with his preparation.

Juanan has not seemed to be with Rafa since Toronto. Perhaps he is no longer part of the team.

:worship: :worship: :worship: Like always Veyonce thank you for your translations.

atheneglaukopis
11-08-2006, 07:36 PM
P.S. I know what you mean, Athene, hence the ;) but I only used it because I liked the colour. If the meaning is beginning to spread, though, I'd better change it to Indigo. :lol:Sorry, but we've taken it over! :p I would hardly say it's common knowledge, but I've seen it used in GM and the Federer forum by people who don't post in the Safin forum. On the other hand, if you ever do want to go into denial about something to do with Rafa, you have a ready-made format. :lol:

Johnny Groove
11-08-2006, 08:18 PM
RAFA is going 5-0 in Shanghai :rocker2:

LOL about Tio Toni and Xisca. Hes NEVER liked her :haha: :haha:

NicoFan
11-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Blaze! :wavey:

Are you still talking to me after the election? :lol:

cmurray
11-09-2006, 01:38 AM
Hee. Xisca isn't popular with the fam. She's very distracting, no? :)

veyonce
11-09-2006, 04:26 AM
Was wondering if the assistant coach could be Roig???

Johnny Groove
11-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Blaze! :wavey:

Are you still talking to me after the election? :lol:

Of course :kiss:

MariaV
11-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Was wondering if the assistant coach could be Roig???

Could be, thanks SO MUCH for everything Veyonce. :kiss:

And Blaze & Lynn, what about the elections, what did you fight over?

NicoFan
11-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Of course :kiss:

That's good. :lol:

Loving Rafa transcends any political differences. :hug: :lol:

NicoFan
11-09-2006, 10:17 PM
And Blaze & Lynn, what about the elections, what did you fight over?

It was election night in the US on Tuesday (even though I have a Chilean flag, that's for Nico - I'm a New Yorker). There was a thread in non-tennis for those of us to root our party on to victory as the results came in.

Blaze and I were for different parties....I won't say who was for who. ;) But I will say that I told Blaze that I was surprised that a Rafa fan would be rooting for the party Blaze was rooting for. :haha: That's why I wanted to make sure we were still on speaking terms. I did say it kindly though. :shrug: :lol:

But its over now - as they say, its all water under the bridge.

Johnny Groove
11-09-2006, 10:41 PM
It was election night in the US on Tuesday (even though I have a Chilean flag, that's for Nico - I'm a New Yorker). There was a thread in non-tennis for those of us to root our party on to victory as the results came in.

Blaze and I were for different parties....I won't say who was for who. ;) But I will say that I told Blaze that I was surprised that a Rafa fan would be rooting for the party Blaze was rooting for. :haha: That's why I wanted to make sure we were still on speaking terms. I did say it kindly though. :shrug: :lol:

But its over now - as they say, its all water under the bridge.

Nice veil of secrecy ;)

Agassi Fan
11-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Good luck aganst James.
It's not too easy for a first match...

MariaV
11-10-2006, 09:18 AM
I see, so Blaze is supporting the Republicans. :hug: It's OK, it's your right.
I don't want to start any political discussion here. Nice to see you're still getting along. :wavey:

mallorn
11-10-2006, 09:40 AM
I don't get the impression that Xisca isn't popular with the family. Maybe Rafa told Uncle Toni not to discuss his GF with reporters any more. ;) :lol:

mallorn
11-10-2006, 09:42 AM
From Tennis Week:
Blake To Face Nadal In Opening Tennis Masters Cup Match

11/08/2006

James Blake boards a flight for Shanghai today and will arrive at his destination ready to make his Tennis Masters Cup debut. The season-ending event featuring the top eight players in the ATP Race begins on Sunday with a rematch of the 2005 Tennis Masters Cup final between defending champion David Nalbandian and top-ranked Roger Federer.

Blake opens round-robin play on Monday when he meets second-ranked Rafael Nadal and if Blake can find a way to subdue the Spanish strongman look for him land a spot in the semifinals.

Before he even boards his plane, Blake can look forward to a favorable Shanghai itinerary. The draw for the round-robin event was conducted today and Federer, Nalbandian, U.S. Open finalist Andy Roddick and fourth-ranked Ivan Ljubicic, who plays his best tennis indoors and has won five of his six career tournament titles with a roof over his head, form the more competitive Red Group foursome. While Blake benefits by residing in the kinder Gold Group along with Nadal, third-ranked Nikolay Davydenko, a 2005 Tennis Masters Cup semifinalist who captured the BNP Paribas Masters title in Paris on Sunday, and first-time Tennis Masters Cup competitor Tommy Robredo.

It would be an oversimplification to characterize the Gold Group as the pure speed players — Federer's footwork is among the best in the game — but all four players in the gold group are exceptionally quick and Nadal, Davydenko and Robredo are three consistent counter punchers who are among the best defensive players in this draw.

So why does Blake, who is undoubtedly the streakiest player in the Gold Group, have such a strong shot at advancing through to the final four?

All five of Blake's tournament titles this year have come on hard court and the two-time U.S. Open quarterfinalist is arguably the best hard-court player in the world not named Federer. Blake serves bigger and is more explosive than any player in his group, his return of serve is more penetrating, and he has winning records against all three of his Gold Group rivals: Blake is 4-0 against Davydenko, 2-0 against Nadal and 3-1 against Robredo.

Nadal is undoubtedly a better big-match player than Blake yet the two-time Roland Garros champion has been vulnerable to bigger hitters who can move inside the baseline and exploit his defensive court positioning on faster surfaces. Since his inspired run to the Wimbledon final, Nadal has failed to surpass the quarterfinals of his last five tournaments, bowing to Juan Carlos Ferrero in the Cincinnati quarterfinals, falling to Mikhail Youzhny in the U.S. Open quarters, losing to titanic serving Swede Joachim Johansson in the Stockholm round of 16 and suffering Masters Series losses to big-hitting Tomas Berdych in both Toronto and Madrid.

The common denominator in all five of those losses is Nadal could not solve players who take time away from him on hard courts either by taking the ball earlier or simply hitting it harder while pressing their attacks inside the baseline to back him up even further behind his own baseline. Nadal is the best player in the world when he has time to line up his pinpoint passing shots on slower surfaces, but the master of the sliding sprints on clay has found himself rushed right out of hard court matches in recent months.

Often, Blake plays his most ambitious tennis against top players. He has beaten Nadal in both of their meetings, including a 7-5, 6-3, victory in the Indian Wells semifinals in March, which came after a four-set victory in the third round of the 2005 U.S. Open, but both of those matches were staged on American soil, which is Blake's ideal comfort zone. Will Blake be able to impose his aggressive game on Nadal in Shanghai?

"He's kind of brought out the best in me. I played two pretty darned good matches when I've played him," Blake told Tennis Week in an interview conducted shortly before the start of the U.S. Open. "It helps being in America on hard courts where I've played him both times. I just feel like I've been able to attack him and I don't get too bothered or stressed or too nervous when he makes unbelievable gets. I'm able to just put that past and if it's too good it's too good. I think too many guys, sometimes, can go for too much and get a little frustrated. when he's getting to every ball and making you win each point two and three times. I was able to just kind of stay calm and relaxed and just go for my shots and if he beats me, make sure he beats me and not me beating myself. I've been able to do that a few times and I've returned great against him and served great against him. I hope it continues that way, but I know he's got the ability to beat me at anytime. He'd probably still be the favorite against me."

While Blake has gotten the best of Nadal between the lines, Monday's match may be won between the ears. Nadal rarely succumbs to the moody match lapses that have victimized Blake on occasion, most notably in the third round of Wimbledon when Blake built a two-set to one lead over Max Mirnyi only to implode in complete concentration collapse losing 12 of the last 13 games to suffer a 4-6, 6-3, 6-4, 1-6 0-6 setback.

Clearly, Blake cannot afford to play prolonged periods of loose tennis against Nadal and in their prior two meetings Blake has been willing to step up his attack well aware he will get passed on occasion, but sticking with the strategy that has been most successful against the Spaniard. Blake's volley is still a work in progress, but his wiliness to play inside the baseline — combined with his favored forehand transforms short balls into wrecking balls on hard court — should give him the edge in Monday's meeting.

"I definitely feel like I'm more effective when I'm moving forward and that's just something that I've talked many times with my coach is that when I'm moving forward, whether or not I'm coming at the net if I'm just stepping in as if I were going to finish the point at the net, I always end up playing better," Blake said.

U.S. Open semifinalist Davydenko enters the event as one of the hottest players in tennis. Davydenko's 67 victories on the season places him second behind Federer (87-5) for most wins in the season. His unerring baseline play and inexhaustible stamina have helped him win 23 of his last 27 matches as Davydenko as claimed championships in three of the last seven tournaments he's played — New Haven, Moscow and Paris. Blake's biggest advantage over Davydenko is his ability to break the Russian's sometime pedestrian serve. Blake has broken Davydenko 10 times in the last two matches — a 6-4, 6-2 semifinal win in Sydney in January and a 6-3, 7-6(6) victory at the 2005 Indian Wells.

In Robredo, Blake will face another forehand-orientated player who scored a routine straight-sets win over the American in the third round of the Australian Open in January. While he's at his best on clay, the Tennis Masters Series-Hamburg champion reached Masters Series semifinals on hard court (Cincinnati) and carpet (Paris) and his patience in point construction posed problems for Blake in Melbourne as Robredo was willing to pay the physical price of methodically putting shots together in rallies, while Blake too often resorted to trying to end points prematurely with his forehand. Blake should get some cracks at Robredo's serve and if he can get to Robredo's inferior backhand with his inside-out forehand he can dictate the direction of baseline exchanges.

http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=16172&bannerregion=

mallorn
11-10-2006, 09:44 AM
From Independent Online:
Federer, Nadal fighting fit for Masters Cup

November 10 2006 at 07:35AM

By Nick Mulvenney

Shanghai - Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal have declared themselves fit and raring to go for next week's season-ending Masters Cup which pits the best eight players in the world against each other.

World No 1 Federer was hampered by injury when he lost the final to Argentine David Nalbandian last year but will get a chance to avenge that defeat in the opening match of the tournament at the Qi Zhong Stadium on Sunday.

"Fitness-wise, I am perfect," the Swiss, who pulled out of the Paris Masters in October citing fatigue, told local media on his arrival in Shanghai this week.

"There are no concerns over ankles, knees and so on after such a demanding season. I just can't wait to hit the first ball on the court."

Federer, who watched the similarly dominant golf No 1 Tiger Woods playing in Shanghai on Thursday, also takes on Croatia's Ivan Ljubicic and American Andy Roddick in the Red Group for the round robin stage of the tournament.

The Australian Open, French Open and Wimbledon champion is aiming for a third Masters Cup title having won in Houston in 2003 and 2004.

World No 2 and French Open champion Nadal, who skipped the Paris Masters with an abdominal injury, plays his first Masters Cup match against American James Blake on Monday.

"I feel okay," he told the BBC this week. "I was practising very hard last month and I arrive in Shanghai with my best motivation.

"The season is not finished. I've got to play in Shanghai in one of the most important tournaments in the world so I'm going to try my best there," he added.

Nadal, who is in a Gold Group also featuring Tommy Robredo and Nikolay Davydenko, is looking to shake off a poor run of form during which he has failed to get past the quarterfinals at any event since losing the Wimbledon final to Federer.

Workaholic world No 3 Davydenko is the form player in the field and looked irresistible when he won the Paris Masters last weekend.

"I don't think I ever played anybody who played better than he did today," said Slovakian Dominik Hrbaty, the Russian's opponent in the final. "If he plays as well as he did here, he's going to give Federer a tough time."

Davydenko, who rose to No 3 in the world on the back of his fifth tournament victory, has already played 31 events this year but will be confident of getting into the semifinals by finishing in the top two of his group.

Champion Nalbandian has played fewer than half that number of events and, having recovered from the stomach problem that ruled him out of the Paris Masters, should again be a strong contender.

Spain's Robredo and Blake will be making their Masters Cup debuts, while former world number one Roddick reached the last four at both his previous appearances.

The fitness of all eight players, and in particular Federer and Roddick, will be a relief to Shanghai organisers after the quality of last year's field was compromised by a series of withdrawals.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id=4&art_id=qw1163136420510S163&set_id=

PoderShileno
11-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Goooooo Rafa¡¡¡:d

MariaV
11-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks Ania. :hug: I will be working on Monday during Rafa's match but hope to see it later in the evening.

VAMOS chico, you can beat Blake! :banana: :yippee: :bounce:

mallorn
11-12-2006, 10:07 AM
I'll be at work too. :sobbing: :bigcry: I'll have to record it and watch it in the evening.

Hopefully it'll be worth waiting for. ;)

Jogg
11-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Vamos Rafa :bounce: you can do it :yeah:

veyonce
11-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Sina
Nadal Shy To Talk About Girlfriend Talks About Most Feared Opponent In Group

11 November 2006 23:07

Except Federer, the other ATP players were seated on the "round table" talking with the media. Federer was the most popular except Nadal and Roddick maybe sort of left in the cold.

This is really the maiden Tennis Masters Cup trip for Nadal who was the last to arrive at the English media "round table". He was being "harrassed" by the Spanish media earlier on for most of the time. Just when the Chinese media was getting ready to "attack" young Nadal, his familiar "bilingual bodyguard" immediately became his spokesperson whom expressed that Nadal will not answer any questions about his girlfriend and private life.

However, the innocent Rafa can't fail to reject the media like Roddick, a glimpse of happiness was shown on his face and he was quite bashful when asked about his girlfriend, Xisca, "She's still very young and schooling and has her own life, so that's why I didn't bring her along to Shanghai."   

When asked about the hot topics like leading Federer on head to head wins, Nadal actually can't remember how many times he let the Swiss king tasted defeat and finally recalled his 5 wins after the media's reminder. The young Spaniard with astounding results still refrained himself, "It is always different playing against him, sometimes I am able to produce my best but sometimes I can't. However, I always tell myself to try my best. Regarding the results on Wimbledon, that is after all on grass and I was having problems in the last 2 game so in the end I still lost to Federer. As this year's Tennis Masters Cup is also a fast surface, I need to work harder in order to have good results, I will treat this as my motivation."

Asked about his opponents in his group, Nadal did not mentioned about his compatriot, Robedro or the recently in-form Davydenko but his nemisis, James Blake, "James' attack is very strong, his movements on the court give me a very big threat, the match up with him will be very tough and I already lost to him twice. Davydenko? We have not played before but I know he is in very good form so I have to be more prepared."

http://sports.sina.com.cn/t/2006-11-11/23072560779.shtml

Jogg
11-12-2006, 06:51 PM
However, the innocent Rafa can't fail to reject the media like Roddick, a glimpse of happiness was shown on his face and he was quite bashful when asked about his girlfriend, Xisca, "She's still very young and schooling and has her own life, so that's why I didn't bring her along to Shanghai."

awww sweet

thanks Veyonce :)

aurora2006
11-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Vaaamooooos Rafito!:yippee: I know and you know that you can do it!
So just do it!!!! :bounce:

RAFAEL NADAL my Baby Bull!:kiss:

My little MAOGLI!:hug: HE-HE-HE
:banana: RAFA U R THE BEST :banana:

:dog:

mallorn
11-12-2006, 08:59 PM
LOL that dog cracks me up so much! Sometimes it freezes in midair for ages and sometimes it runs very very fast, freezes for a second in different positions and then runs again. :rolls:

From the tournament site:
Nadal Primed for Blake Fight
http://www.masters-cup.com/4/photos/250x200/nadal_blake_05.jpg
Rafael Nadal and James Blake at the 2005 US Open.
© Getty Images

By Richard Eaton

Very rarely can you say that Rafael Nadal does not have the stomach for a fight, and that may be truer than ever when he makes his debut in the Masters Cup by taking on James Blake on Monday evening.

The world number two from Spain hopes that he has recovered from the abdominal muscle tear which kept him out of the Masters Series in Paris the week before last, though probably not even he can be completely sure.

Painful stomach or not, Nadal is going to try, and knowing him, try his guts out if it is physiologically at all possible.

Last year it was not. Nadal withdrew with battered and blistered feet which surely cover more miles of court than anyone else: another reason why he will be determined to give it his best shot this time.

He says that he is fully fit after his three-week break from competition, and he should be helped by the newly laid hard court at this year's Qi Zhong stadium.

Nadal's uncle/coach Toni claimed last year that the surface had not been helpful to clay court players because the ball bounced low, but that is certainly not be the case this time.

"The ball is bouncing much higher," the French Open champion said.

"I can move smoothly on it. I don't have anything to complain about now. In some ways it feels like the surface at the Masters Series in Madrid, which is my favourite venue."

But Nadal also reckons that it is the most difficult tournament of the year, because it is the only one in which every player genuinely has a chance of winning, with the first round certain to throw up an opponent who can beat you.

In his case that will be James Blake, who has won both their previous meetings - and both on hard courts - and who is enjoying the finest season of his career.

Though the American qualified for the Masters Cup only belatedly and by the narrowest of margins, he has won five titles in 2006 and demonstrated his staying power by remaining in the top ten almost all year.

"My forehand is more effective,” he said. "It's not so much of a flashy shot that it hurts people only sometimes. My backhand's much more solid. But the main thing is that mentally, when things go wrong, I don't hang my head. I stay positive.”

That is something Nadal must also do if he is to reverse the results of their matches in last year's US Open and this year's Masters Series in Indian Wells. But few players are as strong in the head as the Spaniard.

http://www.masters-cup.com/1/news/stories/day2_preview.asp

silver7
11-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Good luck Rafa!!
Vamoooss

NaDALiTa
11-12-2006, 09:25 PM
VaMOS Rafa you can do it !!!!!!!!!!

Denisse
11-13-2006, 02:44 AM
LOL that dog cracks me up so much! Sometimes it freezes in midair for ages and sometimes it runs very very fast, freezes for a second in different positions and then runs again. :rolls:

hahaha, random. ;)

MariaV
11-13-2006, 12:11 PM
4-6 6-7 (0).
:sad: WTF Rafa, he was up 4-1 in the 2nd with 2 breaks and got broken FOUR times. :rolleyes:
And the TB! :tape: :ignore:
Whateva, the Fedtards are having fun again. I must stay strong to stay away from the GM nonsense. :sad:

oschemi
11-13-2006, 12:20 PM
4-6 6-7 (0).
:sad: WTF Rafa, he was up 4-1 in the 2nd with 2 breaks and got broken FOUR times. :rolleyes:
Whateva, the Fedtards are having fun again. I must stay strong to stay away from the GM nonsense. :sad:

Damn, i thought Rafa was supposed to be mentally tough:sad:
His confidence is at an all time low and he needs to get it back fast
I still cant believe he lost that second set the way he did

Sunset of Age
11-13-2006, 12:32 PM
poor, poor Rafita... I really hoped he'd manage to have his revenge against James (who played bloddy WELL, BTW!)

Not all is lost yet. Let's hope the best for Rafa's remaining matches!

Carlita
11-13-2006, 12:38 PM
:awww: oh boooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo

~EMiLiTA~
11-13-2006, 12:53 PM
:(

silver7
11-13-2006, 01:17 PM
:awww: Rafa.I´m sad about this lost I hoped he will beat James but he still has 2 chances to win matches and he will!:)
Vamoos rafa!

Weebl
11-13-2006, 02:08 PM
:crying2:

mallorn
11-13-2006, 02:54 PM
4-6 6-7 (0).
I just got back home and WHAT?! :eek: Oh god, I'm not sure I want to see it. :eek: :sad:

Sunset of Age
11-13-2006, 03:02 PM
It was even worse... Rafa was up 4-ZERO in the second set!
I definitely thought he was going to take that set and then roll over Blake in the third... but he... choked?
Not to mention that tie-break, indeed.

Strange thing is, Rafa didn't play bad at all - only his service was seriously lacking. James, though, played an awesome match.
Let's all keep our fingers crossed for Rafa's next matches!

atheneglaukopis
11-13-2006, 03:46 PM
I want to see you back in form soon, Rafa. :sad: :hug:

mallorn
11-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Well, I can't watch it, even if I wanted to. :fiery: The ******* disk on which I recorded it is faulty and it's BLANK. :bigcry:

So what, his serve stopped working, just like that?! What on earth?! :confused:

Sunset of Age
11-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Well, I can't watch it, even if I wanted to. :fiery: The ******* disk on which I recorded it is faulty and it's BLANK. :bigcry:

So what, his serve stopped working, just like that?! What on earth?! :confused:

Yes, his service really failed him today and was the main problem at large - apart from that Rafa showed good tennis, in fact. Hope it doesn't have anything to do with his recent injury...

mallorn
11-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Huh, at this point I'm not sure what'd be worse - his injury hampering his serve or his confidence being so low he blows a 4-0 advantage and loses a TB to love.

Damn damn damn.

Alexandy
11-13-2006, 05:47 PM
James played well but Rafa could have won this match. He got the lead but he kept losing it. Rafa has got to be more agressive. This whole standing far back behind the baseline thing has got to go immediately!!!!! And towards the end Rafa wasn't serving very hard at all. At least go for placement with your serve if you're not hitting it that hard. I hope it wasn't because of the injury.

This is horrible. I was really hoping Rafa would beat James today. I hate that Nikolay and Rafa heve to play each other. I don't know if I can cheer for Rafa against Davydenko...Kolya is my #1 favorite player and Rafa is a really, really, really close second. But if Nikolay can beat James then I can cheer for Rafa with a relatively clear conscience. Stupid James ruined everything!!! :( Where are one of his tank jobs when you need them?

But everything will work out if Rafa beats Nikolay and Robredo, Nikolay beats Blake, and Robredo beats Blake. There is still hope for my two favorites to make it to the semi finals. :)

Sunset of Age
11-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Huh, at this point I'm not sure what'd be worse - his injury hampering his serve or his confidence being so low he blows a 4-0 advantage and loses a TB to love.

Damn damn damn.

I'm with you, here... :hug:

mallorn
11-13-2006, 06:03 PM
But everything will work out if Rafa beats Nikolay and Robredo, Nikolay beats Blake, and Robredo beats Blake. There is still hope for my two favorites to make it to the semi finals. :)
I like that scenario but I don't think Tommy will beat Blake. :shrug:
I'm with you, here... :hug:
:hug: :hug:

cmurray
11-13-2006, 06:41 PM
I don't know what happened to Rafa recently but it makes me VERY sad. I know James is a bad matchup, but to blow a 2 break lead and then ANOTHER break....well, it has me very concerned. I HATE being emotionally invested in a player like this.

Why oh why can't I be a fan of Roger Federer? WHY????????? sob.

Alexandy
11-13-2006, 06:47 PM
I like that scenario but I don't think Tommy will beat Blake.

Tommy did beat James in the Australian Open this year...so there is some hope.

Denisse
11-13-2006, 07:10 PM
darn! i actually thought he was playing really well! even in the first set. he looked really good! i really thought he had a great chance to win. so, i don't get this system too much, if he wins his two remaining matches, he moves on? or does something else need to happen?

MariaV
11-13-2006, 07:15 PM

Damn damn damn.

:hug: You didn't lose much not seeing the match. That was really strange. WTF Rafa!!!!!!!!!!! :( :mad: :fiery: 1 lousy ace. And 3 DFs at the decisive moments. :rolleyes: And standing 3 m (!!!!) behind the baseline. That has to go indeed! GET INTO THE COURT DAMNIT AND BE MORE AGRESSIVE! :mad: :fiery:
He like totally broke down after leading 4-0. His serve and everything. And then at 5-4 serving for the set, that was simply horrible. And he had those tapes or what was it called under both knees this time. :scared: :unsure:

I don't know what happened to Rafa recently but it makes me VERY sad. I know James is a bad matchup, but to blow a 2 break lead and then ANOTHER break....well, it has me very concerned. I HATE being emotionally invested in a player like this.

You know I will try cheering for Fed once again, I tried cheering for him in the hope that then maybe he'd start losing. But that doesn't seem to work either. I can jinx only players I am genuinely emotionally invested. :( :tears: :sobbing:

And those Fedtards screaming when Fed loses a set. Geez! :rolleyes:
OK, I finished ranting... for now. :sad:

MariaV
11-13-2006, 07:31 PM
2 audios are up.

http://wm.world.mii-streaming.net/media/atp/tournaments/tmc/2006/nadal2.mp3

http://wm.world.mii-streaming.net/media/atp/tournaments/tmc/2006/nadal2.2.mp3

"I played good today, I felt comfortable... I just lost confidence at the importtant moments..."
Yeah yeah OK, that wasn't bad for an ordinary player but the expectations for Rafael are much higher than that. WTF were you doing 3 m behind the baseline again??????? :mad: :fiery: You could so well adapt on grass at Queen's and Wimbledon and play wonderful attacking tennis, what the f*ck is wrong now? And WTF confidence, leading 4-1, having game point in your service game to the 5-1 lead... :smash: :banghead: Ahh, I really should stop now. :o

Sunset of Age
11-13-2006, 07:38 PM
"I played good today, I felt comfortable... I just lost confidence at the importtant moments..."
Yeah yeah OK, that wasn't bad for an ordinary player but the expectations for Rafael are much higher than that. WTF were you doing 3 m behind the baseline again??????? :mad: :fiery: You could so well adapt on grass at Queen's and Wimbledon and play wonderful attacking tennis, what the f*ck is wrong now? And WTF confidence, leading 4-1, having game point in your service game to the 5-1 lead... :smash: :banghead: Ahh, I really should stop now. :o

Share your feelings completely, MariaV :sad: :hug:

What the &^(*^%@!^$! is up with Rafa... 3m behind the baseline again, indeed. Lacking serve. Confidence??? :o
And post-match interview sounded like a clear case of Nadenial again. Though I was happy to see him smile, anyways. :angel:

mallorn
11-13-2006, 07:39 PM
And he had those tapes or what was it called under both knees this time. :scared: :unsure:
The knee supports? I think he wears them indoors as a precaution, but he wore just one in Madrid. :unsure:
You know I will try cheering for Fed once again, I tried cheering for him in the hope that then maybe he'd start losing.
:rolls: Bad Masha! :D
Did you see his presser (posted by Veyonce in the download thread)? He looked really miserable, but he kept repeating he played well - except for the key moments.

Is he playing Tommy next?

MariaV
11-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Ania! :hug: :hug:

Yeah, knee supports under both knees. And he shook hands with James nicely but left the court right away.

I think it's Nikolay D next. :scared: :unsure:
I hope you can come on msn some evening. :hug:

mallorn
11-13-2006, 08:01 PM
I just read an article that says it's Tommy next. Let's hope he can win this one. I guess at this point my confidence is about as high as Rafa's. :lol:

I'll definitely be on MSN soon...I just need to get some work done pronto. :( :hug:

MariaV
11-13-2006, 08:06 PM
I was watching the press conf video, thanks Veyonce and Ania. :kiss:
OK then, I feel sorry for Tommy R too. :sad:
And you know, I'm not sure Rafa can win vs Nikolay D playing like this. :scared: :unsure:
So I don't have any hopes really.

Edit: And indeed, where is the James choke when you need one. :(

Johnny Groove
11-13-2006, 09:12 PM
:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

Rafa :awww: :hug:

How could he lose from 4-0 up? True, James did play great and great comebacks, since Rafa was up a break in both sets. :sad: He so could have won that match, and his serve and serve return were the problems. The serve was predictable, slow, and always in the same place. On returns, he was so far back, I couldnt even see him on the screen :rolleyes:

NO!!! Why would ANYONE EVER want to do that? What a horrible thing to say! :sad:

Nadenial

Its Rafanial ;)

Sunset of Age
11-13-2006, 09:51 PM
NO!!! Why would ANYONE EVER want to do that? What a horrible thing to say! :sad:

I realize it's pretty impossible to many, but there are some on MTF who manage.;)

Its Rafanial ;)

:D how about Rafitis? or Nadalitis? :p

Anyway... VAMOS RAFA coming Wednesday!:worship:

Johnny Groove
11-13-2006, 10:44 PM
I realize it's pretty impossible to many, but there are some on MTF who manage.;)

I dont know how they manage. Winning everything has got to be boring.

:D how about Rafitis? or Nadalitis? :p

Anyway... VAMOS RAFA coming Wednesday!:worship:

Is this a disease, or a spin-off of the Marat forum? :lol:

I vote for Rafaitis

Grofica
11-13-2006, 11:40 PM
:sad: finger crossed for two remainig matches :):):):)

cmurray
11-13-2006, 11:43 PM
:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

Oh come on - you can't see the attraction of liking a guy who loses only 5 times a year?

Whereas *I* on the other hand have the gut wrenching pleasure of being a fan of Marat "if you've never heard of him, he probably beat me" Safin and Rafael "I was playing verrryyy good even though I blew a 2 break lead" Nadal.

I'm not bitter. Not at all.

Sunset of Age
11-13-2006, 11:50 PM

"Weak in the Presence of Beauty", I am, and forever will be.
Blame me! :angel:

Sunset of Age
11-13-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm not bitter. Not at all.

Rafa will WIN his upcoming two matches, dear. He WILL!
"Even the smallest person can change... etc." - Tolkien.

Yeah, I'm a dreamer. :wavey:

Denisse
11-14-2006, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I'm a dreamer. :wavey:

i don't even want to dream about that happening..it'll be dissapointing when it doesn't.

atheneglaukopis
11-14-2006, 03:49 AM

Is this a disease, or a spin-off of the Marat forum? :lol:

I vote for RafaitisI vote for Rafanial, and we can all cheer against Blake together!

Oh come on - you can't see the attraction of liking a guy who loses only 5 times a year?

Whereas *I* on the other hand have the gut wrenching pleasure of being a fan of Marat "if you've never heard of him, he probably beat me" Safin and Rafael "I was playing verrryyy good even though I blew a 2 break lead" Nadal.

I'm not bitter. Not at all.I know this will sound like heresy, but it is possible to do all three. Just saying. :hug:

MariaV
11-14-2006, 07:13 AM
OK, I have nothing against Fed the God but that is resembling more and more of a ballet than a sports competition these days. They can as well give the trophy to Fed already.
No offence to the lovely Fed fans but if I'd wanna see a ballet I'd go to theatre. ;)

Call me an eternal pessimist or forever damaged by Marat but I don't see our Spanish chicos winning against Blake and Davydenko. :shrug: :sad: And I doubt I'll be proven wrong this time.

Castafiore
11-14-2006, 09:02 AM
When I was watching the Nadal vs Blake match and Rafa was going from 4-0 to losing that set, it felt like watching a Malisse match...
When Malisse gets an advantage in a set, I always watch the match thinking: "okay...what is Xavier going to do to mess it up this time". *sigh*

I'm a fan of Hewitt, Coria, Malisse, Nadal (as well as some others)...:sad: ...maybe I should follow MariaV's example and start supporting others and leave those guys to lick their wounds.

MariaV
11-14-2006, 09:08 AM
I feel for you Castafiore. :hug: :hug:
If I could only become a true Fed fan. ;) *sigh*

linus
11-14-2006, 09:40 AM
a match can tell something if it came seriously by the two opponents... Rafa has the ability to beat James which is obvious while so does James ;) Rafa lost his calm temper with confidence losing at the same time... i could feel of this on the balcony... :sobbing: though no matter who was the winner... this match was really exciting...

almost everyone around me said this match didnt tell about a "bad Rafa"... he just needs to improve himself not depending on opponents' weak show... instead... to get the win with his own power... never mind... Rafa should have known what he should learn from this...

while still a poor Rafa when interviewed :hug: me too so sad last night :tears: btw... you could see so many players and coaches be there watching the match :aplot:

Castafiore
11-14-2006, 09:44 AM
:hug:

MariaV, maybe we should combine forces: you with your Safin power and me with my Hewitt/Coria/Malisse power.
If we could use those combined powers on others: :timebomb:
---> Be afraid, be very afraid ATP players

MariaV
11-14-2006, 10:52 AM
^ ^
:haha: :rolls:

And thanks for the report Tosee dear. :kiss: I hope you're enjoying it. :D

delaitre
11-14-2006, 12:54 PM
There are 2 good articles in the spanish press today "el mundo deportivo" and "ultima hora". They analyze well the match of yesterday and the reasons of Rafael's defaite and also Rafael's goals, but they are in spanish !
They say Rafael misses training because of his injury !!

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20061114/NOTICIA238825539.html

http://www.ultimahora.es/segunda.dba?-1+9+0

MariaV
11-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Hi dears! The OOP for tomorrow. The last match - Rafa vs Tommy R. indeed. :scared: :unsure: :help:
Should he lose the 'tards will get completely out of control. :rolleyes: :tape: :ignore: :help:

Wednesday, November 15, 2006
2:00 pm Shanghai (7am CET; 1am ET)
F Santoro (FRA) & N Zimonjic (SRB) vs M Fyrstenberg (POL) & M Matkowski (POL)
J Bjorkman (SWE) & M Mirnyi (BLR) vs M Knowles (BAH) & D Nestor (CAN)
Not Before 7:00 pm (12 noon CET; 6am ET)
N Davydenko (RUS) vs J Blake (USA)
R Nadal (ESP) vs T Robredo (ESP)

adee-gee
11-14-2006, 06:18 PM
If Rafa loses to Robredo I give up. None of my players can win a match anymore :sobbing:

mallorn
11-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Well, I see everybody is still in a very sombre mood today, and I can't say I'm too happy myself. http://img2.menstennisforums.com/793/icon_grouphug.gif

Come on though guys, I'm sure it'll get better. Even if he doesn't advance this week, this is the last tournament of the year and he'll soon have some time to relax a bit, compose himself and start the next season with new ilusión like he did this year.

Jia You Rafa! :bounce:
Maybe I'll finally get to see him play tomorrow. *sigh*

MariaV
11-14-2006, 06:36 PM
If Rafa loses to Robredo I give up. None of my players can win a match anymore :sobbing:

Awwww Adam. :hug: :hug:

cmurray
11-14-2006, 06:36 PM

If Rafa loses to Robredo, HE should give up.

Don't be discouraged Adam - at least Roddick nearly beat Baryshnikov today. I know that made ME feel a little better.

MariaV
11-14-2006, 06:38 PM
^^^
OMG Baryshnikov. :haha: :haha: :haha:

Castafiore
11-14-2006, 06:40 PM
^^Baryshnikov...:haha:

I doubt if that makes Adam feel better. Andy had 3 MPs and two of them were on his own serve, right?

cmurray
11-14-2006, 06:41 PM
I vote for Rafanial, and we can all cheer against Blake together!

I know this will sound like heresy, but it is possible to do all three. Just saying. :hug:

Oh, it's not heresy Athene. I know some people like Roger AND Rafa. I'm just not one of them though I feel like it would be easier if I were.

cmurray
11-14-2006, 06:44 PM
^^Baryshnikov...:haha:

I doubt if that makes Adam feel better. Andy had 3 MPs and two of them were on his own serve, right?

sigh. Don't ruin it for me, Castafiore. I'm looking for the silver lining. :mad:

:kiss: :hug: jk.

mallorn
11-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Really?! OMG, that's bad. :o

MariaV
11-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Really?! OMG, that's bad. :o

That WAS bad Ania, as bad as Rafa yesterday, just watched it. And the mishit volley at 8-9 in the TB. :tape: :o It was shocking to watch it. Poor poor Andy, to think he was SO close to beat Fed, SO close... and yet so far. :sad:

cmurray
11-14-2006, 07:08 PM
That WAS bad Ania, as bad as Rafa yesterday, just watched it. And the mishit volley at 8-9 in the TB. :tape: :o It was shocking to watch it. Poor poor Andy, to think he was SO close to beat Fed, SO close... and yet so far. :sad:

If only he could have yanked an ace out of his bag of tricks. Sigh. why Andy WHY???????

adee-gee
11-14-2006, 07:48 PM
Don't be discouraged Adam - at least Roddick nearly beat Baryshnikov today. I know that made ME feel a little better.
:spit: :haha:

I tell you what did make me feel better. Reading that if Federer lost to Ljubicic, he'd most probably be out :lol: MTF would erupt!

Just one of them, but he had chances on all of them :sad: he also had a *4-1 (double mini break) lead at one point :crying2:

cmurray
11-14-2006, 08:55 PM
:spit: :haha:

I tell you what did make me feel better. Reading that if Federer lost to Ljubicic, he'd most probably be out :lol: MTF would erupt!

No shit it would erupt. It'll erupt if he loses in the semis too. Not that I would want a player to lose just because his fans are complete and utter lunatics who think he is the second coming of Christ. :angel:

Alexandy
11-14-2006, 09:04 PM
a match can tell something if it came seriously by the two opponents... Rafa has the ability to beat James which is obvious

btw... you could see so many players and coaches be there watching the match :aplot:

I agree. I watched the match again, this time as an objective viewer without the bitter dissappointment. Rafa didn't play too badly. He really did have his chances to beat James, he just lacked some confidence. But his game looked better than it has despite refusing to play near the baseline. I think we can take some positives from the match.

I saw Berdych in the crowd. I told my mom I think he jinxed Rafa and wanted to witness his defeat. :(

I guess it's heresy that I was cheering for Fed against the Duck. I really dislike Roddick and Fed is my #3 favorite player. Behind Rafa of course. :)

cmurray
11-14-2006, 09:17 PM
I agree. I watched the match again, this time as an objective viewer without the bitter dissappointment. Rafa didn't play too badly. He really did have his chances to beat James, he just lacked some confidence. But his game looked better than it has despite refusing to play near the baseline. I think we can take some positives from the match.

I saw Berdych in the crowd. I told my mom I think he jinxed Rafa and wanted to witness his defeat. :(

I guess it's heresy that I was cheering for Fed against the Duck. I really dislike Roddick and Fed is my #3 favorite player. Behind Rafa of course. :)

Yep. That's heresy. Off with her head! :)

Johnny Groove
11-14-2006, 09:25 PM
:hug: everyone :hug:

Andy losing again to Baryshnikov, after he played soooo well :sad:

Honestly, as much as I cant stand Federer, I'd rather him to lose in the semis or the final than to lose to Ljubo. :tape: the Croatards will be masturbating to Ljubo's pictures should a win of that magnitude occur. :o

Anyway, there is absolutely no way Rafa will lose to Robredo. The tough match will be against Kolya, who we need James to beat so that James and Rafa can get through to the semis. :p

Alexandy
11-14-2006, 09:31 PM
But I like my head. :p Please grant me a pardon, I always cheer for Rafa against Fed. :)

adee-gee
11-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Jonathan get your ass into the Montcourt forum, there's an important question for you :p

LaTenista
11-14-2006, 10:18 PM
:hug: everyone :hug:

Andy losing again to Baryshnikov, after he played soooo well :sad:

Honestly, as much as I cant stand Federer, I'd rather him to lose in the semis or the final than to lose to Ljubo. :tape: the Croatards will be masturbating to Ljubo's pictures should a win of that magnitude occur. :o

Anyway, there is absolutely no way Rafa will lose to Robredo. The tough match will be against Kolya, who we need James to beat so that James and Rafa can get through to the semis. :p

I agree Jonathan. Order in the universe needs to be restored - those Croatards are too much.

No shit it would erupt. It'll erupt if he loses in the semis too. Not that I would want a player to lose just because his fans are complete and utter lunatics who think he is the second coming of Christ. :angel:

That's so true.

Denisse
11-15-2006, 12:13 AM
maybe a stupid question, but...who's Baryshnikov? :p

adee-gee
11-15-2006, 12:21 AM
maybe a stupid question, but...who's Baryshnikov? :p
A dancer ;)

cmurray
11-15-2006, 12:30 AM
A dancer ;)

Ballet even. :p

I'm a bad BAD person.

adee-gee
11-15-2006, 12:41 AM
Ballet even. :p

I'm a bad BAD person.
Sorry I'm not so clued up on my dancing :awww:

"Very bad, Very bad", you make Berdych look nice :p

cmurray
11-15-2006, 12:50 AM
Sorry I'm not so clued up on my dancing :awww:

"Very bad, Very bad", you make Berdych look nice :p

shhhh. ;)

Denisse
11-15-2006, 01:46 AM
i still don't get it...

MariaV
11-15-2006, 06:50 AM
i still don't get it...

Umm, some of us compared Federer to a ballet dancer.
And Cheryl came up with the Baryshnikov name for him. :worship: :bowdown:
He was a famous Russian male ballet dancer.

P.S. I am going to call Fed Baryshnikov from now on. :worship: :bowdown: :worship: :bowdown:
j/k you lurking Fedtards :p

delaitre
11-15-2006, 09:09 AM
This is an interesting article frome the spanish newspaper "El mundo".
It's about Rafa and Robredo.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/2006/11/14/tenis/1163530387.html

mallorn
11-15-2006, 12:10 PM
i still don't get it...
Check out the Aussie outfit thread for visuals. :p

mallorn
11-15-2006, 12:14 PM
From the tournament site:
Nadal Enters Last Chance Saloon

By Richard Eaton

There will be a lot of people hoping that Rafael Nadal is served a very full glass when he enters last chance saloon on Wednesday night.

Though Nadal has not reached a semi-final since Wimbledon more than four months ago, the charismatic world number two remains one of the two biggest spectator draws in the tournament.

He may even still be capable of winning the Masters Cup. This is something which Nadal still appears to believe too.

"There is nothing wrong with my tennis," he insisted after losing to James Blake in the gold group opening match. “I only need a win."

But now he needs a win or his season is virtually over. There are though a couple of encouraging signs.

One is that there has been no obvious evidence of the stomach muscle problem which sidelined him for three weeks; the other is his distinct liking for encounters with his next opponent, Tommy Robredo (head-to-head).

Nadal has won all three meetings against his fellow Spaniard without dropping a set, and the reason is not hard to see.

Robredo's strengths are fluency and consistency from the baseline - or more often from behind it - and when rallies are conducted principally from those areas Nadal, with his irrepressible movement and angular topspins, is a muscular master.

Nevertheless Robredo has enjoyed the finest year of his career and if there is ever to be the hint of an opportunity to beat Nadal, it might be now.

Blake meanwhile has been talking as well as playing a great game.

His early-ball, flat-hitting attack was frequently sensational against Nadal and afterwards he was clever at taking the pressure off himself.

"I'm not one of the last guys to qualify," he said. "I'm actually am the last guy. I'm the guy that's supposed to be the easy match-up, the easy match in this tournament. I'm just happy to be here."

It might have been disingenuous to have left it at that. But Blake added: "Now I have been given an opportunity I am going to try to take it."

The American could easily qualify for the semis. He has been hitting the ball very big, determined to decide the outcome of the majority of the rallies, whether he wins them or not. This is disconcerting.

Blake now takes on the surprise of the season, Nikolay Davydenko, the new world number three, who could be Russia's answer to global warming (head-to-head).

Nobody makes the fuel go further than Davydenko, who will be playing his 95th match of the year on the ATP circuit, more than anyone else. But the portents are not great. Blake has a 4-0 record and has only dropped one set in ten against him.

http://www.masters-cup.com/1/news/stories/day4_preview.asp

mallorn
11-15-2006, 12:18 PM
From The Telegraph:
Nadal lives to fight another day

By Alix Ramsay in Shanghai
Last Updated: 2:30am GMT 14/11/2006

Whatever anyone else may think of the round-robin format that the ATP are preparing to foist upon the world of tennis next year - and Roger Federer is definitely not a fan - Rafael Nadal is willing to give it a whirl.

He lost his opening match at the Masters Cup 6-4, 7-6 to James Blake but thanks to the all-play-all system at this stage in the competition, he is down but not out.

As the No 2 player in the world, he was supposed to lead the Gold Group but having made his debut at the end-of-season jamboree, he now props up the league table. Still, he has Nikolay Davydenko, whom he has never played, and Tommy Robredo, to whom he has never lost, yet to face - so all is not lost. Davydenko beat Robredo 7-6, 3-6, 6-1 yesterday.

For a man who has tormented Federer for the best part of a year, Nadal seems strangely fragile at the moment. He managed to lose the second set from 4-0 up and was two points away from a 5-1 lead. In the tie-break, he could not win a point. Since the Wimbledon final, he has not been his usual indomitable self and he is not sure what ails him.

"The problem is not my game because I was playing very good with my forehand," he said looking very glum indeed. "I have good passing shots, the same like last year. I feel I'm playing good, but in the important moments I lost my confidence, so that's decisive.

"If I win one of the matches it can all change. So I hope to win the next one." Luckily for Nadal, the round-robin format affords him the luxury of a "next one".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2006/11/14/strafa14.xml

MariaV
11-15-2006, 12:56 PM
OMG, this is just too funny. :haha:
Blake now takes on the surprise of the season, Nikolay Davydenko, the new world number three, who could be Russia's answer to global warming (head-to-head).

NicoFan
11-15-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm so nervous following this match.

Please Rafa sweetie - win!!!!

VAMOS VAMOS VAMOS!!!

mallorn
11-15-2006, 01:50 PM
He's playing like crap. :o

Come on, just pull yourself together!!!

Weebl
11-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Crap?? He's winning :bounce:
7-6 3-0

Weebl
11-15-2006, 02:59 PM
YEEEEAAH :woohoo::yippee:

mallorn
11-15-2006, 03:06 PM
:woohoo: :bounce: :yippee:

Ok, I'm overexcited. :o
Crap?? He's winning :bounce:
7-6 3-0
He played like crap for most of the first set. He was oozing self-doubt. :o He switched to the next gear at 5*-6, 15 all to take it to a TB and then was on a roll. At 7-6, 3-0* Tommy took a bathroom break (???) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and when he returned to the court he won six consecutive points. :smash: Luckily Rafa steadied his nerves and saved the three BPs at 3*-1 and then it was pretty much obvious he'd take the match.

MariaV
11-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Ooh, Ania saw the match.... and is OVERexcited? :lol: :hug: Thanks for the report dear! :kiss:
I hope to see the match later too. Hehe, it's kinda :cool: to know the result before watching the match. :D

It will be tough vs Nikolay but Nikolay may also be kinda tired. :shrug:
And these 2 comebacks by James all of sudden. Gosh, I thought he'll stay a choker boy forever. :eek:
Come on Rafa, send Kolya home, he needs to get ready for the DC final and some rest before that.
VAMOS!!!!! :banana: :yippee: :bounce: :bigclap:

silver7
11-15-2006, 05:03 PM
:yeah: Well done Rafa! Now pls win the match against Kolya!
But I´m also :sad: for Tommy

mallorn
11-15-2006, 05:39 PM
Ooh, Ania saw the match.... and is OVERexcited? :lol: :hug:
Yeah, I mean, I know it was an expected win, but when he went down a break in the first set I had visions of him panicking and losing the match, so when he actually won in straight sets I was pretty excited. :p :o

The title of this article makes me nervous. :scared:
Nadal's Victory Sets Up Do-Or-Die Battle with Davydenko for Semifinal Slot

http://www.masters-cup.com/4/photos/other/nadal064.jpg
© Getty Images

By Bill Scott

Rafael Nadal boosted Tennis Masters Cup latecomer James Blake into the first of the semifinal spots at the season wrapup event on Wednesday thanks to a 7-6 (7-2), 6-2 Gold group victory over fellow Spaniard Tommy Robredo.

The all-Iberian struggle paved the way for Blake - last man to qualify into the eight-strong field at the Qi Zhong stadium - to become the first to reach the weekend final four with a 2-0 record from wins over Robredo* and Nadal.

Double French Open champion Nadal found his range in a draining 61-minute first set against Robredo, like Blake making his debut at the elite season wrapup.

It was the first win in Shanghai for Nadal, who lost his opening match to Blake and had to withdraw injured before his first match a year ago.

Nadal, second in the world behind Roger Federer, traded first set breaks in the sixth and seventh games with his compatriot before the set headed to the tiebreaker.

Nadal excelled under pressure, converting on the first of four chances to claim the opener.

That success opened the floodgates for Rafa, who raced to 3-0 before his compatriot could react.

"I played a complete match," said the winner. I'm very happy to finally win a match here. It was a very important win and I feel great. I played my shots well and was serving with confidence."

The 20-year-old Nadal saved three break points to reach 4-1, then fought off a Robredo last stand in the concluding game as the challenger saved three match points before falling after one hour, 41 minutes on a return long.

Nadal fired 26 winners, 22 unforced errors and converted on three of nine break points. Roberdo had a poor day with success on just one of six break points against his celebrated young compatriot.

Nadal improved to 58-11 on the season while Robredo stands 48-30 after his fourth career loss to his countryman. Robredo can no longer reach the semifinals but will play one final round robin match against Blake.

http://www.masters-cup.com/1/news/stories/wednesday2.asp

*Davydenko

Sunset of Age
11-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Very, very relieved that Rafa won today! :worship:

Still not at his best - he appeared very nervous during the first set, but managed to win it despite a break by Tommy earlier on. That must've given him a lot of confidence, as he did very well during the second set.
However, I couldn't help but notice him playing some 3 m behind the baseline all the time - something he can get away with when playing a fellow-clay courter (like Robredo), but I think he should really change his tactics if he manages to win Friday and meet either Rogi or Andy in the SFs. Well, let's see what happens!

Let's hope for the best! VAMOS RAFA!

cmurray
11-15-2006, 07:20 PM
i still don't get it...

This order of events should help clear matters up

-some time ago, journalists and tennis experts started comparing Roger's tennis to ballet, saying that it is choreographed and elegant

-As an extension of that comparison, Rafa's tennis got compared to boxing.

-in the AO outfit thread, Xristos posted what is supposed to be Rafa's AO outfit, which is hideous.

-one of our clever posters noticed that Rafa always gets the "fighter" clothes and Fed always gets the nice stuff.

-Adee-gee posted a picture of a karate outfit and said rafa could wear it at the 07 Wimbledon

-I thought this was amusing and posted a picture of a ballerina in a frilly tutu and said it was Roger's outfit for Wimbledon

-I started calling Roger "Baryshnikov" (aforementioned famous russian ballet star) because...well.....it's funny to me. :)

Cheryl

adee-gee
11-15-2006, 09:48 PM
It's funny to me too Cheryl ;)

Just saw brief highlights of the match, looked a little :unsure: in the first set, Robredo seemed to be playing fairly well though. Stepped it up in the tie break, that shot on set point was :worship:

2nd set was pretty comfortable by the looks of it.

I'm still really concerned by this Davydenko match. Unless Rafa takes up his position on the baseline like he did at Wimbledon he'll lose. Davydenko's hitting the ball very, very well and he'll control all the rallies unless Rafa plays closer to the baseline. He'll need to serve better as well, if Davydenko gets the first big hit in he usually wins the point, and he'll attack Rafa's 2nd serve.

Johnny Groove
11-15-2006, 10:45 PM
im so nervous for the PMK match :scared:

Its Friday! JUDGEMENT DAY! D-DAY!!! Winner goes on! Lose goes home!

Alexandy
11-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Rafa didn't play as well as he did against Evil!James, but he got the job done. So well done, Rafa. :)

I'm really excited about the Kolya-Rafa match. I think it should be a great match even though I'll be sad whoever wins, since that means the other one will have to go home. :(

NaDALiTa
11-15-2006, 11:55 PM
Vamos Rafa give all you have and even all that you don't have.........i know you can do it little chico :)

veyonce
11-16-2006, 01:43 AM
hope this will not happen in the near future...

sports163
Getting Tougher & Tougher To Win Matches Will Nadal Become The Next Hewitt?

2006-11-16 00:32:24

Is Nadal the next Hewitt?

Nadal pumped his fist and jumped for joy when he finally won the first set…

However, this is only the first set.

It seems to be getting tougher for Nadal to win his next match, even a set – he was defeated by Blake in his first round robin, if he loses this match, this World No. 2, the only player who’s Federer main nemesis this year will be out of the Tennis Masters Cup!

Even if he wins, it won’t dismiss our worries: will Nadal become the next Hewitt?

“It seems that there are more enticements surrounding Nadal nowadays – Fame, money and the media’s idolization. Rafa’s supernatural power was so unbelieveable – He is a superboy, a competitor from outer space. Now, he’s starting to think a lot.” Miguel Seabra, the famous tennisworld columnist wrote.

It seems though Nadal does not feel this way.

Nadal zealous as always, “If I lose today, I will not be sitting happily here, I feel that I was hitting my backhands pretty well and my adjustments to my forehands are getting better and better.” Nadal will be facing Davydenko in his next match to fight for a place in the semi-finals. Will he still be as zealous?
http://sports.163.com/06/1116/00/300ROURP00051CDG.html

My translation of the post Robredo match press conference which was posted in Chinese. The English transcript is not up yet...

Sina
Nadal: Feels good to win first match Davydenko will be a tough opponent

16 November 2006 01:31

Day 4 of the Tennis Masters Cup has ended. In a battle of the Spaniards, second-seeded Nadal defeated his fellow compatriot 7-6(2)/6-2 and has a glimmer of hope to reach the semi-finals, Nadal held a post match press conference.

Media: How does it feel to win your first Tennis Masters Cup match?

Nadal: Not bad.

Media: What do you think of your performance today? Robredo’s?

Nadal: I’m very happy. I’m very happy to win my first victory. This is very important to me. If I lose, I will be eliminated. I hit my forehands very well today, backhands ok, very confident in my serves. I’m very happy to win this match.

Media: A tie-break in the first set, do you think that it is easier to defeat Nadal?

Nadal: Can you repeat again?

Media: Is it becoming easier and easier for players to defeat you?

Nadal: I don’t know. To be able to win a tie-break, sometimes it is because you are more confident than your opponent.

Media: Do you feel that you are playing better as the tournament progresses on? Are you more satisfied with your performance today?

Nadal: I don’t know. I’m playing ok when I lost 2 days ago but I played better today. My forehands are more aggressive and I tried to hit more winners. I played very during the crucial points; this is very important to a match. I’m very happy because if I lose today, I will be eliminated but now I still have hopes of qualifying.   

Media: You will face Davydenko next and if you defeat him, you will be through to the semi-finals. Have you thought of how to defeat him?

Nadal: This will be a very difficult match, isn’t it? He is in very good form now. He played very last week to win 2 tournaments in a row. He defeated Robredo 2 days ago and he played quite well today but sometimes Blake is hard to handle, he can recover very fast. The match between Davydenko and Blake was very exciting. If I don’t try my best, I will not be able to win the next match but I will definitely do my best.   
http://sports.sina.com.cn/t/2006-11-16/01312569295.shtml

Mimi
11-16-2006, 02:57 AM
no need to pay attention to those silly journalists, veyonce, they are always like that, if you won, they praise you a lot, when you lost a few matches, then they said you are going to finish ;):p :rolleyes:

samm_11
11-16-2006, 02:59 AM
dang! Raf's match against Kolya's totally nerve wrecking... just the thought that he'll be eliminated if he loses... i so totally hope he loses...

+++++++++++

btw, what's all that "next hewitt" nonsense? that's so not gonna happen....

Johnny Groove
11-16-2006, 03:00 AM
Rafa is 10X more muscular and 20X hotter than Hewitt, so I dont know where the comparisons are coming from :devil:

Mimi
11-16-2006, 03:00 AM
is it a typo, why you wish rafa to loses :confused:
dang! Raf's match against Kolya's totally nerve wrecking... just the thought that he'll be eliminated if he loses... i so totally hope he loses...

+++++++++++

btw, what's all that "next hewitt" nonsense? that's so not gonna happen....

linus
11-16-2006, 12:24 PM
thanks to Rafa :aplot: he finished the Robo-match before zero to let me turn back home in time for this morning' exam :p

maybe coz Rafa got too many wins early this year so it seems to be really strange or a little bit hard to accept his losses later... even himself needs to find something important back... i cant say i was not worried at all last night :aplot: while Rafa fought so well which gave me some confidence since Davy got some injury from Blake-match and i agreed to Masha... the more important thing for him is the nice wedding and DC to come :hug:

Rafa' body languages... his killing-eyes...smiles... his special gestures... all made us happy and feel fun :cool: when heard here fans cheering for him in Chinese "Jia You", the atmosphere of court so lovely ;)

guy... vamos go... lets meet for all the coming days :angel:

MariaV
11-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Oh, it's nice to hear, dear Tosee. :D
I hope your exam went well. :) :hug:

And yeah, Davy's leg may not be 100%. He needs to rest it till the DC final. :angel: ;)

MariaV
11-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Tomorrow's OOP. Rafa up first. :scared: :unsure: VAMOS! :yippee: :bounce: :bigclap:

Friday, November 17, 2006
Not Before 7:00 PM (12 noon CET; 6am ET)
R Nadal (ESP) vs N Davydenko (RUS)
T Robredo (ESP) vs J Blake (USA)

MariaV
11-16-2006, 01:52 PM
The Interview transcript is finally out too. Pretty much the same what Veyonxce already translated. Thanks Veyonce. :kiss:

2006 TENNIS MASTERS CUP
SHANGHAI, CHINA

November 15, 2006

R. NADAL/T. Robredo
7-6, 6-2

RAFAEL NADAL

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. How does it feel after getting the first victory at the Masters Cup?

RAFAEL NADAL: It's okay.

Q. What is your comment on your own performance today as well as Tommy's?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I feel very happy, no? I'm very happy with my first victory. Was very important for me. If I was losing, I am out of tournament. So that's very important, no?

I feel good. I was playing good with my forehand, with my backhand okay, too, and service with confidence, no? So I play a complete match. I am very happy.

Q. The first set went to a tiebreak. Do you think it's becoming less and less difficult to beat Rafael Nadal? Do you think it's becoming easier to beat you?

RAFAEL NADAL: Can you repeat, please?

Q. The other players have more and more chance to win when facing you?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. I don't know. If you win a tiebreak, normally you are with more confidence, no? I don't know.

Q. Do you sense that you're starting to get better and better as this tournament goes on? Did you feel better about your game today?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. I say two days ago I was playing okay. The problem is not the games. But today I play good, too. I play more aggressive maybe with my forehand, trying to play with more winners, so I feel okay. I played today better the important moments, for sure. That's very important in the game, no?

I am happy. I am very happy with my victory today because was tough the first day lose. Today, well, if I lose, the last day. But I am here (smiling).

Q. It all comes down to this match against Nikolay Davydenko. If you beat him, you're in the semis. What are your thoughts on playing against him?

RAFAEL NADAL: Going to be very difficult match, no? He's playing at his best level. He was playing very well the last weeks. Two tournaments victories. He won two days ago Tommy, and today he play good match. He has the match, no? He has the match in his hands.

But, well, Blake is difficult in some moments. He return very good. But the match against Davydenko and Blake was a very good match. We will see tomorrow or after tomorrow. I not play my best, like this, I can't win the match, but I going to try to play my best.

End of FastScripts

http://www.asapsports.com/tennis/2006shanghai/111506RN.html

mallorn
11-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Tomorrow's OOP. Rafa up first. :scared: :unsure: VAMOS! :yippee: :bounce: :bigclap:
It's better this way, the agonising wait will be over sooner. :p ;)

Jia You, Rafa!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Johnny Groove
11-16-2006, 08:00 PM
O lord :tape:

I skipped first period on Monday and Tuesday, and Nadal lost on Monday, while Roddick lost on Tuesday. Then i went to class wednesday and thursday, and Rafa won, while andy lost :awww:

I dont know what to do! Should i skip Biology (again :o ) to watch Rafa? Will it give him bad luck? Or wait till i get home to watch the match on ESPN tape delay? I'll be in suspension all day :awww:

What to do? :sad:

Joyce_23
11-16-2006, 08:49 PM
I hope Rafa pulls it off tomorrow but you know what? I have faith, he should be able to win. Vamos Rafa!!

MariaV
11-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Jonathan, as a former teacher I have to tell you to go to school. ;)

And Ania, will you see the match? I will be at work and check the SB and see the match later. :o

silver7
11-16-2006, 09:04 PM
I´m looking forward to the match:). I think/hope Rafa will do this. Vamooosss!

Denisse
11-16-2006, 09:30 PM
i have to wake up at 5 in the morning to see this...and i'm not even going to finish watching it cause i need to get to college :(

Jogg
11-16-2006, 09:53 PM
Good luck Rafa :bounce: Vamos!!!

mallorn
11-16-2006, 10:31 PM
What to do? :sad:
Do you REALLY want to take that risk? :lol:

Kidding. ;) But going to school may be a blessing in disguise - you'll get to know the result in an instant, rather than having to watch TV for three hours. :p On Monday I was so busy I couldn't even give a thought to Rafa's match...so when I got back home I got a very nasty shock but at least I didn't go through the agony of watching him break into pieces. :sad:
And Ania, will you see the match? I will be at work and check the SB and see the match later. :o
I have Fridays off so I'll be http://img2.menstennisforums.com/793/icon_hiding_behind_sofa.gif in front of my TV. I bet I'll be a nervous wreck by the end. :rolleyes:
i have to wake up at 5 in the morning to see this...and i'm not even going to finish watching it cause i need to get to college :(
Awww, the sacrifice! :hug:

adee-gee
11-16-2006, 10:38 PM

Friday, November 17, 2006
Not Before 7:00 PM (12 noon CET; 6am ET)
R Nadal (ESP) vs N Davydenko (RUS)
T Robredo (ESP) vs J Blake (USA)
Excellent news :yippee:

Match starts at 11am my time.....I'm flying to Scotland tomorrow, I'm gonna have to leave about 1pm. Rafa, that gives you 2 hours to win. No more time violations, lets send baldy packing :rocker2:

Johnny Groove
11-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Do you REALLY want to take that risk? :lol:

what risk? skipping school? :haha:

Kidding. ;) But going to school may be a blessing in disguise - you'll get to know the result in an instant, rather than having to watch TV for three hours. :p On Monday I was so busy I couldn't even give a thought to Rafa's match...so when I got back home I got a very nasty shock but at least I didn't go through the agony of watching him break into pieces. :sad:

I have Fridays off so I'll be http://img2.menstennisforums.com/793/icon_hiding_behind_sofa.gif in front of my TV. I bet I'll be a nervous wreck by the end. :rolleyes:

Awww, the sacrifice! :hug:

Theres no way im gonna destroy myslef with looking at the internet. Im pretty sure ESPN has tape delay from 3-5, and i get home at 3:40ish :scared:

adee-gee
11-16-2006, 11:08 PM
Jonathan can you record it, not find out the score and watch it when you get home?

Johnny Groove
11-16-2006, 11:20 PM
I could do that, but its kinda pointless, as when i get home, its playing on tape delay. sure, i'll miss the first 30ish minutes, but with Rafa, whats that, like 3 games? :p

Johnny Groove
11-16-2006, 11:21 PM
the only problem is that i'll go thru the whole day :scared: about when i get home. No way i'll be able to concentrate

adee-gee
11-16-2006, 11:25 PM
I could do that, but its kinda pointless, as when i get home, its playing on tape delay. sure, i'll miss the first 30ish minutes, but with Rafa, whats that, like 3 games? :p
2 :p
the only problem is that i'll go thru the whole day :scared: about when i get home. No way i'll be able to concentrate
True....I think you should take the day off :angel:

:scared: Maria is going to give me into trouble :o go to school! I'll SMS you the score if you want :p

Johnny Groove
11-16-2006, 11:46 PM

True....I think you should take the day off :angel:

:scared: Maria is going to give me into trouble :o go to school! I'll SMS you the score if you want :p

U need my number? :p

samm_11
11-17-2006, 02:47 AM
is it a typo, why you wish rafa to loses :confused:

haha! i meant "he" as in kolya.... hehe... jk...

yah... that was a major typo... lolz... my bad.... maybe i was absent minded when i posted that... lolz....

++++++++++++++++++++

I HOPE RAFA WINS!!! KOLYA'S GOIN DOWN!!! hehe... there...

mallorn
11-17-2006, 09:04 AM
what risk? skipping school? :haha:
No, that's not what I meant. :lol: :hug:
Nah, I reckon 3. It's a fast court. :p

One hour to go. :scared: Come on Rafa. :bounce:

adee-gee
11-17-2006, 09:18 AM
U need my number? :p
That's usually helpful :p

Nah, I reckon 3. It's a fast court. :p

One hour to go. :scared: Come on Rafa. :bounce:
:scared: :scared: I've woken up feeling confident for some reason :lol:

adee-gee
11-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Rafa *2-3

He's struggled on his serve but held on, I like how he's standing a little closer to the baseline but the length on his groundies has been really bad, too many balls landing in the service box allowing Davydenko to take control.

mallorn
11-17-2006, 10:54 AM
And now he coudn't take advantage of 40-0 on Kolya's serve. :o

adee-gee
11-17-2006, 11:02 AM
He keeps making silly errors on big points, he had 15-30 in that game and hit a basic backhand long :(

Rafa *4-5

mallorn
11-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Yep, Kolya was struggling and Rafa let him off the hook. :mad:

adee-gee
11-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Oh man :crying2:

Got so tight in that game, didn't move his feet on the deuce point then double faults to gift Davydenko the set :fiery:

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Set Point Davydenko

Nadal Double Faults on Set Point

How typical.

Now we need a Nadal fightback!!!

mallorn
11-17-2006, 11:19 AM
That was kind of predictable. :smash:

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Fight Rafa fight!

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Davydenko serving at 7-5 0-0 15-30

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 11:24 AM
15-40!!!

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 11:25 AM
30-40 :(

adee-gee
:bounce: just what we needed, a break to start the 2nd set.

Vamos :rocker2:

Sean.J.S.
Woohoo. Rafa breaks Davydenko to 30.

Rafa serving at 5-7 1-0

LaTenista
11-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Finally Rafa broke. Vamos. :bounce:

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 11:29 AM
30-30 .... :scared:

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Rafa holds to 30 :woohoo:

Davydenko now serving at 7-5 0-2 :worship:

Vamos Rafa

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Davydenko to serve at 7-5 0-2

15-0
30-0
40-0
40-15
40-30
Game Davydenko

:scared:

adee-gee
11-17-2006, 11:36 AM
The difference in the 2nd set is that Rafa put on his Spanish wristband :p

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Rafa leads 2-1 with the break in the second set.

Come On!!!!!!!!

Vamos!!!!!!!!!!

Allez!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andare!!!!!!

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Deuce :scared:

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Break Point :scared::scared::scared:

~EMiLiTA~
11-17-2006, 11:43 AM
ANIMO RAFA :bounce:

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Deuce :worship:

~EMiLiTA~
11-17-2006, 11:45 AM
aaargghhh hold your serve Rafa!!!

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Davydenko to serve at 7-5 1-3

Rafa holds and after a long struggle, having to save a break point and his service game going to several deuces, Nadal leads 3-1 in the second set.

adee-gee
Huge hold Rafa, shocking return by Davydenko on break point :lol:

mallorn
Jeeesus what a game. Finally Rafa holds. :bounce:

mallorn
11-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Huge hold Rafa, shocking return by Davydenko on break point :lol:
It really was, lucky, lucky Rafa. :p

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Easy hold by Rafa and he leads 4-2

adee-gee
11-17-2006, 11:56 AM
:sad: I've gotta leave for my flight now, I'll follow scores on my phone :(

Vamos Rafa :rocker2:

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 11:56 AM
4-3 still with the break :scared:

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 11:58 AM
30-30 :eek:

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Rafa holds and leads 5-3

mallorn
11-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Well, this should be interesting now. Kolya's been holding much easier than Rafa through most of the second set.

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Easy hold by Davydenko and Rafa has to serve it out at 5-4

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 12:05 PM
15-0 :woohoo:

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 12:06 PM
40-15 - Two Set Points :woohoo:

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Rafa holds serve to 30 and its one set all.

Davydenko will now serve at 7-5 4-6

mallorn
11-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Phew!!! ;)

Come on Rafa, keep it up! :bounce:

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Rafa wins the second set 6-4!!

LaTenista
11-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Vamos Rafa!

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Davydenko serving at 30-30.

Come on!!!

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Davydenko holds and leads 1-0 in the deciding set

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 12:18 PM
Nadal holds serve with an Ace and its 1-1 in the decider!

LaTenista
11-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Trainer for Rafa :scared:

NicoFan
11-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Trainer???

Oh no.

I hate being a work when these matches are going on - can't see a thing.

VAMOS RAFA!!!

mallorn
11-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Oh yeah, it wasn't exciting enough. :bigcry:

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 12:23 PM
What's wrong with Rafa?

LaTenista
11-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Got his left calf right under the knee wrapped up. He appears to be walking okay.

Sean.J.S.
Davydenko easily holds serve and leads 2-1 in the deciding set :scared:

LaTenista
Where are you working Lynn? I'm starting a new job on the 27th. :D

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Yes well there would be a slight problem if he couldn't walk wouldn't there?

Got his left calf right under the knee wrapped up. He appears to be walking okay.

NicoFan
11-17-2006, 12:29 PM
:sad: Poor Rafa...

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Out of nowhere, Rafa holds serve to love and its 2-2 in the second set.

LaTenista
11-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Yes well there would be a slight problem if he couldn't walk wouldn't there?

I mean he's not limping. :rolleyes:

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 12:32 PM
The points continue to be dominated by the server and Davydenko holds serve to love and leads 3-2 in the deciding set.

NicoFan
Where are you working Lynn? I'm starting a new job on the 27th. :D

CONGRATS ON THE NEW JOB! :woohoo:

I don't want to say online, but its a major corporation in midtown Manhattan. I really love the company, but don't like what I'm doing. And its contract work rather than full time. In January, I'm going to look for something more in my new field (communications).

LaTenista
Both Rafa and Davydenko have held to love since the timeout.

LaTenista
11-17-2006, 12:36 PM
CONGRATS ON THE NEW JOB! :woohoo:

I don't want to say online, but its a major corporation in midtown Manhattan. I really love the company, but don't like what I'm doing. And its contract work rather than full time. In January, I'm going to look for something more in my new field (communications).

Maybe you can find the inside scoop on a better (permanent) position there.

Thanks. I'm making the switch from the corporate world to a public university - better benefits.

LaTenista
11-17-2006, 12:37 PM
OMG Rafa slipped and he got up in time to still win the point. :worship:

LaTenista
11-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Davy hitting everything into the net 0-30 Vamos Rafa! :bounce:

Sean.J.S.
11-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Rafa has 0-30 on Davydenko's serve at 3-3 in the deciding set :eek: