10-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Well lets hope Federer will not withdraw for some reason

shotgun
10-29-2006, 05:07 PM
http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/?ID=2162

Pfloyd
10-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Damn, you beat me to the start of this thread by seconds. :lol:

Yeah, that sucks but I wonder wether the injury is true or not.

TMJordan
He pulled out because he is scared shitless that he would have to play Marat as his first match.

Voo de Mar
Maybe Nadal was afraid to encounter Safin in second round ;)

adee-gee
10-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Oh man :sad:

What's the reason, I don't speak French :(

NadalMachine
10-29-2006, 05:11 PM

Very true!!! He is absolutely scared by the draw!:devil: :devil: :devil: What a fighter!!!:devil: :devil: :devil:

RonE
10-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Noooooooo!!!!

This means no roasting this week :bigcry:

safinalium
10-29-2006, 05:12 PM
omg why...i wanted this nadal-safin match so badly :sad:

gusman890
Safin has a more easier draw then before :devil:

but none the less, roger will own everyone since he has 2 1/2 days off.

Exodus
he knows that he won't stand a chance to win this title. playing against marat at his favorite tourny doesn't help either so it's better to stay at home and avoid to get his butt kicked by marat lol

Horatio Caine
10-29-2006, 05:13 PM

Strained muscle between the ribs ;)

victory1
Was he already in Paris? Why wait for the draw to be made before withdrawing (it's not like he's playing this week)?:confused:

mallorn

As far as I can tell from the Google translation, he pulled an abdominal muscle. He needs to rest for a week and then undergo more tests. :sad:

victory1
10-29-2006, 05:14 PM
Just when I was looking forward to him getting through this draw!:rolleyes:

DrJules
10-29-2006, 05:14 PM

He woke up with an abdominal strain after having a nightmare about his draw.:devil:

rofe
10-29-2006, 05:16 PM

As far as I can tell from the Google translation, he pulled an abdominal muscle. He needs to rest for a week and then undergo more tests. :sad:

That is a pity. Hope he gets well soon.

sawan66278
:mad: I love Rafa, but GIVE ME A FREAKIN' BREAK!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

adee-gee

:sad:

mallorn
10-29-2006, 05:17 PM
He woke up with an abdominal strain after having a nightmare about his draw.:devil:
That's a lovely theory, only he woke up with the pain on Thursday. :rolleyes:

Truc
Was he already in Paris? Why wait for the draw to be made before withdrawing (it's not like he's playing this week)?:confused:He says it happened on Thursday. On Friday, he tried to practice again, but it was very painful by serving.
So he had medical tests on Saturday and again on Sunday in Paris - the French articles go in great details about this and give the names of the French doctors, etc. - I think it's true and he's really injured.
And they told him he must rest one week.

Ernham
Did you break a needle off in your ass Nadal?

sawan66278
10-29-2006, 05:18 PM
What about Shanghai?

victory1
10-29-2006, 05:18 PM
I can't stand the guy, but he had some very bad breaks; get well soon Nadal!

Exodus
10-29-2006, 05:19 PM
now playing will have to play søderling, damn so unlucky for safin

Naranoc
What a shame. Hope he get's well soon. :hug:

mallorn
What about Shanghai?
I guess he'll know after a week's rest. :shrug:

marcRD
10-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Nadal is no coward, he just has a very hard playing style which I think is having effect on his body by the end of the season.

RonE

According to the article he has an abdominal muscle tear causing the muscle to elongated by about 3 or 4 millimetres. He says he felt a sharp pain while getting up to serve on Thursday, the pain intensified on Friday but he tried to train, and then he went for an MRI on Saturday and the told him he tore a muscle.

tennisgal_001
Damn. Not anothe pull-out. IF the injury story is completely true, then get well soon, and hope to see you in Shanghai. IF not... others have already said it before me.

NadalMachine
10-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Don't do this to us!!! Uncle Toni You Bastard!!! Let him play!!!

Klaas_nalbandian
10-29-2006, 05:24 PM
who the tournaments loses big players every day,

Ernham
Roddick and Nadal = fakers. Pull an abdominal muscle? Puhleez. How do you pull an intrinsic smooth muscle? ohhhh, owie! I pulled my tongue.

Metis
What about Shanghai?
The article says he will have tests after a week's rest and then see if he can start training again.

R.Federer
Unfortunately, I am expecting even more withdrawals from Paris. This is what they get for being so late in the ATP schedule, unfortunately.

richie21
10-29-2006, 05:25 PM
really a bad new!
i was really looking forward to see him against Safin or even better against Gasquet!
Rafa is in a french sport's progamme now and he said that he would probably be fit for the Masters......make me wonder if it isn t a fake injury then....:o

Exodus
10-29-2006, 05:26 PM
he's burning out already i mean how many tournaments have he played since wimbledon and take a look at federer he have played 3-4 weeks in a row and winning all the titles.

DONADANG
10-29-2006, 05:29 PM
He pulled out because he is scared shitless that he would have to play Marat as his first match.

LOL

Who wouldn't be? Marat is freakin' :cuckoo:

cris1085
10-29-2006, 05:30 PM
Paris Tms is too late in the year and the players don't want to play so many tournaments; maybe Nadal is very tired considering his type of tennis. He is not a machine and it's nearly impossible for him to play so many tournaments with the same intensity especially on hard courts surfaces. In any case I hope he will play Shanghai even if he's not my favourite player, but the game with him will be more exciting.

LilyRoseAva
10-29-2006, 05:31 PM
:hug: get well soon rafa

linus
10-29-2006, 05:32 PM
whats the matter with Rafa after Wimby :rolleyes:

take care whatever !!

WF4EVER
10-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Well, I just noticed that Nalby's withdrawal caused Safin to be moved, so I'm looking to see how much Nadal's draw had improved, only to see he had withdrawn. Thought for a moment that I was asleep cause I didn't see anything to that effect on MTF.

Well, Roger must really be getting his balls squeezed for sure now that all those guys have pulled out.

GlennMirnyi
10-29-2006, 05:33 PM
No big deal, he would be thrashed in the first rounds anyway...

Allez
10-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Nadal's just scared of having to face his owners.

Peoples
10-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Hilarious - the brave "fighter" was scared shitless by the draw :lol:

silverwhite
10-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Well, I just noticed that Nalby's withdrawal caused Safin to be moved, so I'm looking to see how much Nadal's draw had improved, only to see he had withdrawn. Thought for a moment that I was asleep cause I didn't see anything to that effect on MTF.

Well, Roger must really be getting his balls squeezed for sure now that all those guys have pulled out.

Clement was moved, not Safin :p

TMJordan
10-29-2006, 05:38 PM
wait so now who takes Nadals spot as the number 2 seed?

Exodus
10-29-2006, 05:39 PM
davy?

scarecrows
10-29-2006, 05:40 PM
damn

that's so sad

it's happening to Paris every year

scarecrows
10-29-2006, 05:42 PM
wait so now who takes Nadals spot as the number 2 seed?

a LL from qualies

tennisgal_001
10-29-2006, 05:43 PM
I wonder what's going through Roger's head now? Should I play? Should I withdraw? Nadal, Ljubo, Roddick, Nalby, Baghdatis, and co. all out. Add Federer to the list and DAVYDENKO will be the #1 seed...

LLeytonRules
10-29-2006, 05:44 PM
If Fed is smart, he takes himself out of paris!!!Too much tennis.I think Murray part 2 will happen in paris.He doesnt need to go and embarrass himself for being tired.

Voo de Mar
10-29-2006, 05:44 PM
"wait so now who takes Nadals spot as the number 2 seed?"

Soderling takes the spot. Swede will be no. 18 (Hrbaty is 17 after pulled out Nalbandian). "Lucky loser" is C.Rochus.

Jimnik
10-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Paris is matching Hamburg in its ability to scare off the top players.

If Federer withdraws, this could be the first Masters Series event ever, without any of the world's top 5 players.

Exodus
roger is probably very tired but maybe he will just hold on for the two final events. i wouldn't be surprised if roger won't make the finals in paris next week

Horatio Caine
A translation of the article for those who'd like the full details (apologies to any native speakers if I make a few mistakes...but I'd like it practise my French again) ;) :lol:

Nadal: "Very sorry."

Nadal, who has a strained intercostal muscle, has pulled out of the Paris Masters which begins Monday...

The ultrasound taken by the Spaniard today at Bercy under the observation of doctors Montalvan and Brasseur...

Rafa's story...

"I got up Thursday morning once again feeling abdominal pains, but all the same I decided to train...Everything went well until the moment when I began to serve. It was at that moment that I felt the pains again. Friday, I continued training, but the pain was worse, and I had to abandon the session. I went to have an MRI scan on Saturday morning which revealed that I had suffered a strained intercostal muscle. I had an ultrasound today on arriving at Bercy, which confirmed a strain of 3-4 millimetres.

I had trained hard to get ready for the Paris Masters which is, in my eyes, one of the most important tournaments in the world. This week was important for me, because I hoped to win matches and, on the side, rankings points. Of course, Paris has a big place in my heart with my RG victories. But the doctors have ordered me to rest for a week, which has forced me out of the Paris Masters. I now hope to recover for the Masters Cup in Shanghai.

I knew that the Paris Masters was celebrating, like me, its 20th anniversary this year. I had really hoped to participate in this tournament which I have missed for the last 2 years because of injury. I am very sorry to my fans, but I promise to return to Paris in 2007 for RG and the Paris Masters."

Nadal should have a full week's rest before having another ultrasound which will determine whether he can go back to training for the Masters Cup in Shanghai.

...and no, there is nothing I can't do Adee ;) :devil: :kiss:

victory1
I wonder what's going through Roger's head now? Should I play? Should I withdraw? Nadal, Ljubo, Roddick, Nalby, Baghdatis, and co. all out. Add Federer to the list and DAVYDENKO will be the #1 seed...

Yes, they are all resting while Fed has been playing in finals for the past month. I think he'll show, but wont be disappointed if he lose early. He needs to rest like the other top players that will be coming to Shanghai fresh as a daisy!:rolleyes:

mallorn
10-29-2006, 05:46 PM
Roddick and Nadal = fakers. Pull an abdominal muscle? Puhleez. How do you pull an intrinsic smooth muscle? ohhhh, owie! I pulled my tongue.
Nadal's just sacred of having to face his owners.
Jesus, MTF is like Groundhog Day. :rolleyes:

Horatio Caine
10-29-2006, 05:47 PM
If I were RonE, I'd be arguing than an ultrasound and abdominal pains can only mean one thing...and that isn't a strained muscle :devil: :tape:

mallorn
10-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the translation, Jez! :hug:

RonE
10-29-2006, 05:52 PM
If I were RonE, I'd be arguing than an ultrasound and abdominal pains can only mean one thing...and that isn't a strained muscle :devil: :tape:

:haha: :rolls:

His body, his choice! :devil:

Metis
10-29-2006, 05:53 PM
:haha: Shocking, very shocking! And we don't even know who the father is!

PamV
10-29-2006, 05:54 PM
whats the matter with Rafa after Wimby :rolleyes:

take care whatever !!

No cupcake draws since Wimby.

Exodus
10-29-2006, 05:55 PM
No cupcake draws since Wimby.

so true

GlennMirnyi
10-29-2006, 05:55 PM
A translation of the article for those who'd like the full details (apologies to any native speakers if I make a few mistakes...but I'd like it practise my French again) ;) :lol:

Nadal: "Very sorry."

Nadal, who has a strained intercostal muscle, has pulled out of the Paris Masters which begins Monday...

The ultrasound taken by the Spaniard today at Bercy under the observation of doctors Montalvan and Brasseur...

Rafa's story...

"I got up Thursday morning once again feeling abdominal pains, but all the same I decided to train...Everything went well until the moment when I began to serve. It was at that moment that I felt the pains again. Friday, I continued training, but the pain was worse, and I had to abandon the session. I went to have an MRI scan on Saturday morning which revealed that I had suffered a strained intercostal muscle. I had an ultrasound today on arriving at Bercy, which confirmed a strain of 3-4 millimetres.

I had trained hard to get ready for the Paris Masters which is, in my eyes, one of the most important tournaments in the world. This week was important for me, because I hoped to win matches and, on the side, rankings points. Of course, Paris has a big place in my heart with my RG victories. But the doctors have ordered me to rest for a week, which has forced me out of the Paris Masters. I now hope to recover for the Masters Cup in Shanghai.

I knew that the Paris Masters was celebrating, like me, its 20th anniversary this year. I had really hoped to participate in this tournament which I have missed for the last 2 years because of injury. I am very sorry to my fans, but I promise to return to Paris in 2007 for RG and the Paris Masters."

Nadal should have a full week's rest before having another ultrasound which will determine whether he can go back to training for the Masters Cup in Shanghai.

...and no, there is nothing I can't do Adee ;) :devil: :kiss:

Too much :bs:

Bad Religion
10-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Good news for Federer

RonE
10-29-2006, 05:57 PM
:haha: Shocking, very shocking! And we don't even know who the father is!

It can only be one man- and that is Moya :devil:

Yappa
10-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Well, whatever. Another disappointing Paris tourney, but at least they have RG to make up for it, while we here in Hamburg have nothing. :sad:

Exodus
10-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Good news for Federer

why? have you seen how fed played today, he would bagel nadal easily

Horatio Caine
10-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Well, whatever. Another disappointing Paris tourney, but at least they have RG to make up for it, while we here in Hamburg have nothing. :sad:

What about the guys in Nottingham...we had to put up with Waske for the last week! :tape: :haha:

tennisgal_001
10-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Good news for Federer

Nadal wasn't going anywhere with that draw.
Federer's reaction after seeing the draw, "Nadal WHO?!"

tennisgal_001
10-29-2006, 06:04 PM
[I]"I got up Thursday morning once againfeeling abdominal pains, but all the same I decided to train...

Thanks for the translation.
What does he mean "once again"?

PamV
10-29-2006, 06:05 PM
I hope people will remember this the next time some one says Federer needs to start lifting weights to get some muscle like Nadal. Some how Roger's skinny body is holding up to all the strain.

Eden
10-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Good news for Federer

Why? Are you just refering to the head to head between Roger and Rafa or do you really think that Nadal would win against Roger at this time of the year?

Jack Sparrow
10-29-2006, 06:06 PM
the truth is that the draws is too difficult for nadal....safin,gasquet,blake,berdych is too dangerous for him!so he was afraid and decided to pull out from paris....
federer don't need of nadal's withdraw,because nadal shouldn't arrive in final...besides,also roger should retire from this tournament,because he has to prepare shanghai....
maybe federer said that with nadal on clay court,he never will win RG,but there are no problem...he will win many other tournaments,while nadal can win only on clay court...
:wavey:

Corey Feldman
10-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Gee that is too bad

Truc
10-29-2006, 06:08 PM
What does he mean "once again"?There is no "once again" in the French version ("ressentir" just means "to feel something", not "to feel again").

NYCtennisfan
10-29-2006, 06:09 PM
I really wanted to see Marat vs. Nadal but oh well. If he really is injured then I hope he is 100% for the TMC. :yeah:

I'm expecting Fed to withdraw next.

Horatio Caine
10-29-2006, 06:09 PM
There is no "once again" in the French version ("ressentir" just means "to feel something", not "to feel again").

Apologies :o

GlennMirnyi
10-29-2006, 06:10 PM
What does he mean "once again"?

That he's using this as an excuse for the beatings he took these last months.

Truc
10-29-2006, 06:11 PM
No, your translation looks great, Jez, thanks for that!
I really was just answering the question.

tennisgal_001
10-29-2006, 06:13 PM
There is no "once again" in the French version ("ressentir" just means "to feel something", not "to feel again").

Thanks for the clarification.

Corey Feldman
10-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Paris is matching Hamburg in its ability to scare off the top players.

If Federer withdraws, this could be the first Masters Series event ever, without any of the world's top 5 players.remember a few years ago in Madrid Henman was the no1 seed :lol:

so soderling takes his place.... a big danger from fed's quarter away :)
and waiting for Safin in r2... they both will be pleased about that NOT lol

Horatio Caine
10-29-2006, 06:14 PM
No, your translation looks great, Jez, thanks for that!
I really was just answering the question.

No problem - I didn't take offence :lol: ;)

It's good to learn from mistakes...I guess I was just grouping "re-" with verbs like "rentrer" :o

Horatio Caine
10-29-2006, 06:15 PM
remember a few years ago in Madrid Henman was the no1 seed :lol:

Any excuse to get at the old man :mad: :lol:

Mechlan
10-29-2006, 06:17 PM
More bad news for Paris. Well at least it places more attention on the fact the schedule needs modification.

Hope Nadal (and all the other injured/fatigued players) are 100% by Shanghai.

mallorn
10-29-2006, 06:17 PM
Here's the (shorter) official version:
29/10 - 19h03
Nadal : "I am really sorry"

Unfortunately, it will still not be the year of Rafael Nadal at the BNP Paribas Masters. The Spaniard suffering from an abdominal injury contracted during training last week was forced to withdraw from the final Masters Series event of the year in Paris.

The Spaniard forced to come to Paris to submit his injury to the tournament organization had trouble hiding his disappointment.

“I was practicing hard to get ready for the BNP Paribas Masters which is one of the most important events in the world. This was an important week for me in order to win matches and ranking points and Paris is obviously has a special place in my heart having won Roland Garros the last two years . But they told me that I must rest one week so I cannot play here. I plan to be back at the Tennis Masters Cup in Shanghai, the 20 year old Majorcan continued, I knew this tournament was celebrating its 20th anniversary this year and since I am 20 too, I was really looking forward to taking part especially since I missed it the last two years. I am really sorry for my fans in Paris and promise I will be back for both Roland Garros and Bercy in 2007”

Nadal will therefore take a week off before returning to the tennis courts, only a few days before attending what could be his first ever participation at the Masters Cup, should he be fit…

(Eli Weinstein)

http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/default_en.asp?ID=2163

guga2120
10-29-2006, 06:25 PM
well that sucks i wanted to see what he could do with this draw, its not b/c he was scared of Safin and Gasquet. He gets hurt alot b/c he is so physical, i just hope hes ok in Shanghai.

sawan66278
10-29-2006, 06:36 PM
I am, as a Rafa fan, disappointed he is not playing Paris...but I believe the injury is legit. Now whether he could have played, who knows except the doctors and Rafa. When it comes to injuries, its really tough to criticize someone's pain level. And if he does not play Shanghai, then all the doubters will have to shut up.

What really bothers me is that the same Rafa haters are almost like FOX news...they twist everything into arguments to criticize Rafa. Many have been and are Roger fans...that's fine. But let's have some objectivtiy. If Roger withdraws from Paris, I wouldn't like it...but I wouldn't call him loser or coward. Even if his draw were difficult.

Let's have legit. analysis...and not personal attacks...GlennMirnyi and the like have shown their lack of objectivity....their comments carry no real weight...

You want legit. criticism? How about the schedule issues? Or how players across the board plan their year poorly and commit to tourneys when they shouldn't? Or how they don't have the guts or heart to compete on a weekly basis like players of old?

If Roger wins, I give him major kudos for playing four weeks in a row!!! Even if he wins...He goes there and tries his best...that is all we can ask for...

Again, look at Fat Dave this week against in Basil...I would have rather he not played than putting on the "display of tennis skill" the other day...

Roger-the example of how to compete
Fat Dave-the example of how not to compete

Jimnik
10-29-2006, 06:42 PM
remember a few years ago in Madrid Henman was the no1 seed :lol:

so soderling takes his place.... a big danger from fed's quarter away :)
and waiting for Safin in r2... they both will be pleased about that NOT lol
But if I remember correctly, Henman was in the top 4, after an amazing year at the slams.

I don't remember there ever being a TMS without any top 5 players.

Björki
10-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Rafa :sad:

neenah
10-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Noooo! Rafa! :sad:

NeverSayDie
10-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Rafa :rolleyes: :sad:

Allure
10-29-2006, 07:12 PM
With most of the top seeds pulling out, Gasquet might have a chance of reaching the finals.;)

NeverSayDie
10-29-2006, 07:15 PM
With most of the top seeds pulling out, Gasquet might have a chance of reaching the finals.;)

:lol: Hey, lets not get to far ahead of ourselves ;)

DrJules
10-29-2006, 07:20 PM

Or winning it.:)

superhoops
10-29-2006, 07:35 PM
tbh it doesn't matter. He wouldn't win any match anyway.

Johnny Groove
10-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Wow! you guys are all such comedians!!!! Such original material!!!

El P1GGY wuz ScUURed boot y Draw!11111! mrat wulda raosted hmi!!

:retard: :retard:

s.m.
10-29-2006, 07:44 PM
did roger hinted after the basel final what his plans are?

Eden
10-29-2006, 07:49 PM
did roger hinted after the basel final what his plans are?

According to one article he will decide tomorrow if he is going to play Paris :)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061029/sp_wl_afp/tennisatpsui_061029182226

DDrago2
10-29-2006, 07:50 PM
This is actually pretty wise by Nadal - even if it realy is the outcome of injuruy - because of all this absence from the courts will give accent to his clay court season in 2007. It will have much greater chance to be another "Nadal" clay court season

maria87
10-29-2006, 07:52 PM
the truth is that the draws is too difficult for nadal....safin,gasquet,blake,berdych is too dangerous for him!so he was afraid and decided to pull out from paris....
federer don't need of nadal's withdraw,because nadal shouldn't arrive in final...besides,also roger should retire from this tournament,because he has to prepare shanghai....
maybe federer said that with nadal on clay court,he never will win RG,but there are no problem...he will win many other tournaments,while nadal can win only on clay court...
:wavey:

agree! it think maybe his entourage advised him not to show! to lose in second round it doesn't look good! he has a lot of points as 2 in the Ranking, that won't be in danger...but to lose so early, he is not doing well on hard courts and players will start to lose fear about him!

Whistleway
10-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Stupid tennis schedules. ATP needs to wise up. This really brings the tourney down.

Whistleway
10-29-2006, 07:59 PM
I am, as a Rafa fan, disappointed he is not playing Paris...but I believe the injury is legit. Now whether he could have played, who knows except the doctors and Rafa. When it comes to injuries, its really tough to criticize someone's pain level. And if he does not play Shanghai, then all the doubters will have to shut up.

What really bothers me is that the same Rafa haters are almost like FOX news...they twist everything into arguments to criticize Rafa. Many have been and are Roger fans...that's fine. But let's have some objectivtiy. If Roger withdraws from Paris, I wouldn't like it...but I wouldn't call him loser or coward. Even if his draw were difficult.

I agree, at the pro level, these guys are not afraid of anyone. They love competing win or lose. Its sad all these close schedules and injuries caused by it. I don't doubt Nadal's injury and I hope he gets well soon.

dorkino
10-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Sad news:sad: I sooo much wanted to see how 'll he handle things in Paris. I take all these talks about his fear from the draw as hilarious.

Get well sooon Rafa,wishing u a rapid recovery :angel:

nobama
10-29-2006, 08:14 PM
According to one article he will decide tomorrow if he is going to play Paris :)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061029/sp_wl_afp/tennisatpsui_061029182226Thank god Roger's still thinking about it. But does he have to go to Paris to withdraw?

landoud
10-29-2006, 08:18 PM
no Nadal-Safin :mad:

avocadoe
10-29-2006, 08:26 PM
ouch, sorry to hear Nadal is hurt...running into a lot of body troubles...Roger would go to Paris o do some PR and enjoy the city, I think, shopping and resting. I hope he chooses not to play if he doesn't feel right. Maybe next year he can choose to skip Basel and play Paris properly after a week's rest. This late in the year back to back weeks, let alone b-t0-b-to back weeks for guys going all the way is beyond the realm!

RonE
10-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Thank god Roger's still thinking about it. But does he have to go to Paris to withdraw?

I think he needs to undergo some kind of medical examination if he withdraws. He did the same thing when he withdrew from Hamburg IIRC- and he also came to the venue to explain to the fans why he was withdrawing which was very nice of him.

Gulliver
10-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Difficult decision for Federer. If he withdraws, though, some lucky loser gets a chance, and there are 12 French in the draw anyway, so plenty for the crowd to cheer (or boo as they can do occasionally!) And there's Safin to watch, in fact plenty of good matches in prospect. Or Federer could play Wed and lose to good friend Tojo without any angst, that is, if he puts out Spadea. What he won't want is to go far enough to lose to Djokovic, doesn't bear thinking about!

federated
10-29-2006, 09:34 PM
omg why...i wanted this nadal-safin match so badly :sad:

me too! and then possibly gasquet-nadal :sad:

well, on the bright side, I'll have to settle for gasquet-safin :)

federated
10-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Stupid tennis schedules. ATP needs to wise up. This really brings the tourney down.

yep. it's just ridiculous. I'd be very surprised if Fed doesn't pull out. Just realized shanghai starts a week after paris; which is also insane. I thought there was more of a cushion!

DrJules
10-29-2006, 09:42 PM

Nadal absence has little to do with the tour. Since Wimbledon (in July) he has only played 19 matches in best part of 4 months.

Pfloyd
10-29-2006, 10:37 PM
The Nadal hating recently is extreme.

People keep bitching about his easy draws, his innability to cope with hard hitters, his boring defensive sytle of play. Now they re starting to say that his celebrations are offensive, that he is a hypocrite given the Berdych situation and more recently that he got scared shitless of a draw and that's why he retired?

I mean, come on, some realism here people.

Nobody loves competing more than him. Last years Madrid title was earned by Rafa playing through servere tendinitis and him still mangaing to beat the best Indoor player that year (Yeah, go ahead, say Ljubicic choked, might as well add that to the million reasons many people hate Nadal).

I just don't get what Nadal has done that causes so many people to start hating him even as a person.

Bullshit, and illogical excuses aren't argumentative.

Trivial
10-29-2006, 10:45 PM
Real shame that he has had to pull out due to injury..although it will hopefully guarantee his presence in Shanghai. Even if this injury is mostly fictional to secure full fitness for Shanghai, I only hope that Fed follows suit, though after announcing that he is committed to playing I highly doubt that he would go back on his word. :angel:

This tournament is definitely one for those who have qualified for Shanghai to skip... :rolleyes:

World Beater
10-29-2006, 10:46 PM

People keep bitching about his easy draws, his innability to cope with hard hitters, his boring defensive sytle of play. Now they re starting to say that his celebrations are offensive, that he is a hypocrite given the Berdych situation and more recently that he got scared shitless of a draw and that's why he retired?

Nobody loves competing more than him. Last years Madrid title was earned by Rafa playing through servere tendinitis and him still mangaing to beat the best Indoor player that year (Yeah, go ahead, say Ljubicic choked, might as well add that to the million reasons many people hate Nadal).

I just don't get what Nadal has done that causes so many people to start hating him even as a person.

Bullshit, and illogical excuses aren't argumentative and illogical.

:awww:

you keep coming up with the same stuff everytime...people have already explained themselves enough and the berdych situation was more than enough proof for their preconceived beliefs. his draws have been subpar until this tms..that is fact, and is easily seen by the fact he hasnt played significant players who can trouble him on a regular basis...no nalbandian, no safin, roddick?

ivan is the indoor king according to the croats. but safin, federer and berdych are much more dangerous. who did nadal beat in madrid last year except ivan? right....exactly. if he beats top guns indoor he will get credit, until then, he is just a good player on hard, not a great one.

sawan66278
10-29-2006, 11:09 PM
The one thing I find extremely interesting when talking about Nadal's "cupcake" draws...When I look at the top 25 in the world, I see quite a few players who should be in the top rankings, but aren't (Safin, Gasquet, Johansson, etc.) The sad fact is that the current crop of players in the 25, for the most part, are garbage players...when it comes to HEART AND DESIRE!!!!!

Many clay court players and many who just want to cash in checks...

I find it extremely hypocritical that on the one hand, people say Rafa has cupcake draws, BUT ON THE OTHER HAND, they say the men's game is the deepest it has ever been...and use this to validate Roger's accomplishments...quoting Roger about how he makes difficult things easy...

Would you rather have Rafa play Fat Dave and the greatest slam player of the modern era, Lubo, and "Kafelnekov light"? Those are the #3-#5 players in the world...?

adee-gee
10-29-2006, 11:18 PM

he knows that he won't stand a chance to win this title. playing against marat at his favorite tourny doesn't help either so it's better to stay at home and avoid to get his butt kicked by marat lol

Did you break a needle off in your ass Nadal?

No big deal, he would be thrashed in the first rounds anyway...

Nadal's just scared of having to face his owners.

Nadal wasn't going anywhere with that draw.
Federer's reaction after seeing the draw, "Nadal WHO?!"

That he's using this as an excuse for the beatings he took these last months.
Wow this thread was full of original, funny posts :hatoff:

Bremen
10-29-2006, 11:19 PM
This is going to be Nadal's first masters cup? What happened last year? Surely he had the points to qualify?

radics
10-29-2006, 11:23 PM
Get well soon, Nadal.

KaxMisha
10-29-2006, 11:24 PM
This is going to be Nadal's first masters cup? What happened last year? Surely he had the points to qualify?

You just answered your own question. Obviously, he had the points to qualify, so why didn't he play? Hmmm.... WAIT! Could it be injury? :eek:

adee-gee
10-29-2006, 11:25 PM
Pulled out injured :sad:

KaxMisha
10-29-2006, 11:25 PM
Pulled out injured :sad:

I beat you to it. ;)

Bremen
10-29-2006, 11:28 PM
You just answered your own question. Obviously, he had the points to qualify, so why didn't he play? Hmmm.... WAIT! Could it be injury? :eek:

Wow...where did the rudeness come from?:confused:

R.Federer
10-29-2006, 11:29 PM
Both Roger and he get extreme hate on these boards (to be fair, you should have mentioned both, not just Nadal-hating). It is just a fact on these boards, nothing new, why start complaining now

Bullshit, and illogical excuses aren't argumentative.

adee-gee
10-29-2006, 11:40 PM
I beat you to it. ;)
I said it in a nicer way :ras: :p

Bremen
10-29-2006, 11:46 PM

Thank you.:)

P.S. I can't believe I'm saying thanks to adee gee...

KaxMisha
10-29-2006, 11:46 PM
Wow...where did the rudeness come from?:confused:

Oh, sorry. I'm just bored and didn't want to give a short, one-line answer. Didn't mean to be rude, just a little cocky/funny. ;)

KaxMisha
10-29-2006, 11:48 PM

Details. ;)

Bremen
10-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Oh, sorry. I'm just bored and didn't want to give a short, one-line answer. Didn't mean to be rude, just a little cocky/funny. ;)

Ok thanks.

Was this the same injury that kept him out of the ausopen? That's when I started hearing about nadal for the first time.

KaxMisha
10-30-2006, 12:06 AM
Ok thanks.

Was this the same injury that kept him out of the ausopen? That's when I started hearing about nadal for the first time.

Oh, you're new to the sport, I take it? My apologies for being overly cocky, then. :) Yeah, I'm pretty sure (though not 100 %) it was the same one.

Pfloyd
10-30-2006, 12:27 AM
Both Roger and he get extreme hate on these boards (to be fair, you should have mentioned both, not just Nadal-hating). It is just a fact on these boards, nothing new, why start complaining now

Looking at the recent threads, Nadal is getting slammed everywhere.

mangoes
10-30-2006, 12:44 AM

Given the fact that when the bashing is focused at Roger, you're quite comfortable taking your shots at him, I think it's a bit hypocritical that you are complaining. Both Roger and Nadal get bashed on this board..........that's one of the laws of MTF. Neutral posters earn the right to complain and that, darling, you are not :D

scoobs
10-30-2006, 12:46 AM
Don't worry - if Roger does pull out of Paris there'll be plenty out to flame him. It's hard for people to have a go at him when he hasn't put a foot wrong since the end of August.

World Beater
10-30-2006, 12:46 AM

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=89476

its only a matter of time....:)

Johnny Groove
10-30-2006, 12:47 AM
Given the fact that when the bashing is focused at Roger, you're quite comfortable taking your shots at him, I think it's a bit hypocritical that you are complaining. Both Roger and Nadal get bashed on this board..........that's one of the laws of MTF. Neutral posters earn the right to complain and that, darling, you are not :D

Good to see the laws getting more and more exposure :rocker2:

But, all tardness aside, I see way more anti-Nadal posts than anti-Federer ones. You must admit :p

mangoes
10-30-2006, 12:58 AM
Good to see the laws getting more and more exposure :rocker2:

But, all tardness aside, I see way more anti-Nadal posts than anti-Federer ones. You must admit :p

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think each fan base gets the sense that his guy is being bashed more than the other on MTF :lol: :lol: For example, I think Roger gets bashed more on MTF than Nadal........why?........it's not only Rafatards bashing Roger. One other particular fanbase usually joins the Rafatards in their bashing of Roger.

Johnny Groove
10-30-2006, 01:01 AM

I think each fan base gets the sense that his guy is being bashed more than the other on MTF :lol: :lol: For example, I think Roger gets bashed more on MTF than Nadal........why?........it's not only Rafatards bashing Roger. One other particular fanbase usually joins the Rafatards in their bashing of Roger.

:haha: I find it totally the opposite. EVERY one is bashing Nadal. The Fedtards, the Croattards, the Murraytards from time to time, and even "neutral" posters chip in with an Uncle Toni or piggy reference from time to time :lol:

Bremen
10-30-2006, 01:04 AM
Oh, you're new to the sport, I take it? My apologies for being overly cocky, then. :) Yeah, I'm pretty sure (though not 100 %) it was the same one.

Well I first noticed Federer at the 2005 US open where he beat agassi in the final...then my interest waned until near the end of the aussie open. I've steadily become more and more interested in men's tenns since. I used to follow the women's game back in the day when Venus and Serena ruled and overall I find the WTA more interesting but I've never seen anything like Federer.

nobama
10-30-2006, 01:06 AM

To be fair, I don't think it's the entire fan base....just one fan in particular....who just happens to have Roger in her sig. :scratch:

WF4EVER
10-30-2006, 01:43 AM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=89476

its only a matter of time....:)

Thanks, WB.

I just couldn't stomach responding to that idiot's thread. And I can't believe anyone would bother trying to bring logic to such a thread.

Please remind me how many of the other top players who haven't won shit in the last two or three months who have also pulled out of Bercy.

I'd call that poster a hypocrite but I think that would be a compliment. No-one with half a brain could have started such a thread.

Godiva
10-30-2006, 01:44 AM
OK, so Nadal has a ready made excuse if he bombs in Shanghai. ;)

mangoes
10-30-2006, 01:47 AM
Thanks, WB.

I just couldn't stomach responding to that idiot's thread. And I can't believe anyone would bother trying to bring logic to such a thread.

Please remind me how many of the other top players who haven't won shit in the last two or three months who have also pulled out of Bercy.

I'd call that poster a hypocrite but I think that would be a compliment. No-one with half a brain could have started such a thread.

Agree, no point in trying to bring logic to that thread.........although, Fee and Blaze have tried.

nobama
10-30-2006, 01:47 AM
Is Nadal going to play Shanghai? I could see him skipping it and putting all his eneriges into AO. Same thing with Roddick.

mangoes
10-30-2006, 01:48 AM
Is Nadal going to play Shanghai? I could see him skipping it and putting all his eneriges into AO. Same thing with Roddick.

Is Roddick skipping Shanghai??

World Beater
10-30-2006, 02:00 AM
Thanks, WB.

either the poster is a young kid, or is just trying to get a reaction...taking a page out of rfk's book.

i cant believe anyone mature enough would honestly start such a thread and believe it.

nobama
10-30-2006, 02:01 AM
Is Roddick skipping Shanghai??No I haven't heard that. But we know he's not playing Paris and if he's still not 100% I can't see him flying all the way to Shanghai for TMC.

Jimnik
10-30-2006, 02:09 AM
No I haven't heard that. But we know he's not playing Paris and if he's still not 100% I can't see him flying all the way to Shanghai for TMC.
Any player would be crazy to skip the TMC. There's no other tournament where you can earn 100 ranking points for each best-of-3 set win.

mangoes
10-30-2006, 02:10 AM
either the poster is a young kid, or is just trying to get a reaction...taking a page out of rfk's book.

i cant believe anyone mature enough would honestly start such a thread and believe it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I just realized that RFK has been quite silent lately :lol:

No I haven't heard that. But we know he's not playing Paris and if he's still not 100% I can't see him flying all the way to Shanghai for TMC.

Oh ok. I hope Andy is able to make it to Shanghai.

nobama
10-30-2006, 04:00 AM
Any player would be crazy to skip the TMC. There's no other tournament where you can earn 100 ranking points for each best-of-3 set win.
Oh I agree and if Andy's heathy I hope he's there. Especially since he isn't playing Paris where he had SF points to defend.

TennisGrandSlam
10-30-2006, 04:05 AM
Well lets hope Federer will not withdraw for some reason

He will withdraw :devil:

Action Jackson
10-30-2006, 04:07 AM

case is a Gasquet fanboy/girl and RFK is a bit paparazzi but knows his role and he'd have done it with more panache.

TMJordan
10-30-2006, 04:49 AM
Dont worry Nadal, I would also be scared if I saw my name next to Safin's in the Bercy draw :cool:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
10-30-2006, 04:49 AM
Good news for other players,he won't go too far though!

prima donna
10-30-2006, 05:37 AM
The young lad from Mallorca is suffering, quite a pity if I do say.

FluffyYellowBall
10-30-2006, 06:01 AM
Why is he doing this again?:confused:
Last year it was play all tournaments till u die and this year its "taking it slowly" and hes taking it toooo slowly. Hope he gets well soon:sad:

~EMiLiTA~
10-30-2006, 06:16 AM
deja vu from last year..except at least he had won madrid then

hope he does show up in shanghai

this is crap for marat though...söderling in the 2nd round :(

mandoura
10-30-2006, 06:29 AM
yep. it's just ridiculous. I'd be very surprised if Fed doesn't pull out. Just realized shanghai starts a week after paris; which is also insane. I thought there was more of a cushion!

That is the real setback for me. Of course, Paris is late in the schedule but also there is not enough time for preparation for the shanghai. IMO, if there were a 2-week break after it, less players will withdraw.

mandoura
10-30-2006, 07:56 AM
Get well soon Rafa.

Jade Fox
10-30-2006, 08:01 AM
Awwwwww Rafa:hug:.

Feel better hon.

oz_boz
10-30-2006, 08:48 AM
Damn. Kind of expected though, Nadal probably needs to rest that strained muscle for Shanghai. Get well.

I would have loved to see Nadal take on that huge draw. :lol:

adee-gee
10-30-2006, 08:58 AM
Rafa was gutted to miss it last year, there's no way he'd not play if he was fit.

mtw
10-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Nadal would lose in Paris. He had no chances.

Ad Wim
10-30-2006, 01:38 PM
One of the easiest? :haha:
With Safin in the 2nd round and Gasquet in 3rd round? :haha:

He would have lost for sure in one of these rounds just like he did in Stockholm.

Sunset of Age
10-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Hopefully Rafa will get back in Shanghai in form!

Get well soon, Rafita...

The Pro
10-30-2006, 03:34 PM
This happened this time last year and everyone thought they knew better. Then Rafa pulled out of the Masters and everyone realised that the kid wasn't faking, cos he went on to miss AO as well.

I hope it doesn't happen this time.