Roger Federer prevails in Basel against Fernando Gonzalez, 6-3 6-2 7-6(3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roger Federer prevails in Basel against Fernando Gonzalez, 6-3 6-2 7-6(3

prima donna
10-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Well done.

adee-gee
Good week for the Swiss line judges :hatoff:

pinky
Since no one made a thread already, here it is, congrats on your home tournament Roger :)

Adler
10-29-2006, 02:47 PM
Is he going to play in Paris?

victory1
Yes!!!!!!!!!

maria87
justice done for the good tennis!

i gave a set in the poos to gonzález, even that was wrong!:worship: well done Federer

LocoPorElTenis
10-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Mirka is disgusting. She couldn't give a rat's ass. Looking bored and pissed all match, playing with her cell phone or blackberry or whatever. Even after the match ended she still had the pissed look. Gonzo at least has Gisela. And this is not about looks.

gusman890
Allez Roger :)

Ernham
Well, now that he has this monkey off his back, it will be interesting to see how he plays in Paris.

silverarrows
10-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Business as usual for ther Swiss Machine of Precision. :worship: Great job indeed! :cool:

scoobs
10-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Finally that weight off his mind and that monkey off his back.

I'm so relieved he won it today - he had to really pick his level up in that third to stay with Gonzalez but managed to do so and played a great tiebreak.

Excellent stuff - I'm sure this is one of the highlights of his season.

He looks so tired though - his face looks really drawn this week.

adee-gee
10-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Mirka is disgusting. She couldn't give a rat's ass. Looking bored and pissed all match, playing with her cell phone or blackberry or whatever. Even after the match ended she still had the pissed look. Gonzo at least has Gisela. And this is not about looks.
Mirka is about as exciting a character as her boyfriend.

Deathless Mortal
Well, now that he has this monkey off his back, it will be interesting to see how he plays in Paris.

Is he for sure going to play in Paris?

KaxMisha
Federer clearly in energy saving mode. Much more passive play than usually. Much, much more passive play than last weak's Madrid final, that's for sure.

R.Federer
Who is that pretty blonde sitting next to Mother Fed?
Mirka should be anxious

silverwhite
10-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Roger :yeah:

Hopefully, he'll be ready for Paris :unsure:

LocoPorElTenis
10-29-2006, 02:52 PM

It's not about excitement. It's about showing some interest on the final on the most important tournament (for him) that Federer hadn't won yet. I'm not asking her to be charismatic or anything. Just not to show so obviously that she'd rather not be there.

pinky
10-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Mirka should be anxious

That's his sister, so.... ;)

jwoodrx
10-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Mirka should be anxious

Um, I think that's his sister:rolleyes:

Corey Feldman
10-29-2006, 02:54 PM
Mirka is disgusting. She couldn't give a rat's ass. Looking bored and pissed all match, playing with her cell phone or blackberry or whatever. Even after the match ended she still had the pissed look. Gonzo at least has Gisela. And this is not about looks.thats right kid, you take that frustration out of gonzo losing........... on mirka :hug:

Good week for the Swiss line judges :hatoff:yes, that is how he won :lol:

Well, now that he has this monkey off his back, it will be interesting to see how he plays in Paris.that is no way to talk about Gonzo, he's not spanish
:(

title 44, same as Muster. :)
87-5. :rolls:

cant be bothered with the rest of the records, someone else do it :zzz:

Xristos

He is not playing Paris..

Allez
Excellently done Rogi. :worship: Now take a couple of weeks off for crying out loud. ;)

R.Federer
Um, I think that's his sister:rolleyes:

Why the eye roll? Not everyone keeps track of how gorgeous a sister the Fed has. Thanks anyway

yanchr
Roger :banana:

Can anybody translate a bit of the on court interview pls :p

victory1
10-29-2006, 02:55 PM
It's not about excitement. It's about showing some interest on the final on the most important tournament (for him) that Federer hadn't won yet. I'm not asking her to be charismatic or anything. Just not to show so obviously that she'd rather not be there.

Do you know how much tennis she wsatched in the 5 years of being with him.:rolleyes: He wins all the time, she would exhaust herself if start becoming emotional!;)

NeverSayDie
Well at least the last set was close ;) Well done Fed :yeah:

artlinkletter
:D 11 titles, three years running. Third set, he seemed a bit off but he pulled through. Good win.
Mirka should be anxious

That would he his older sister.

mickymouse

Put yourself in her shoes, while other girlfriends eventually get to go shopping or sightseeing after their boyfriends are beaten, she has to stay with her man until the end of every tournament before they fly off to get ready for the next. Wouldn't you be pissed?

victory1
10-29-2006, 02:56 PM
He is not playing Paris..

He said in his oncourt interview that he's playing Paris!:rolleyes:

Federer&Hingis
10-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Mirka should be anxious

I think she is Roger's older sister "Diana"

sawan66278
10-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Listen, Mirka annoys me to no end (she seems to have an air of arrogance...and the constant text messaging is annoying as well)...However, have we all reached such a pathetic state that in order to criticize a player, we have to go after his significant other?:rolleyes:

Kudos to Roger...didn't see the calls in question from earlier matches, but from what I saw today, he was hitting his down the line backhand very well in the latter stages of the match...I feel badly for Gonzo...he really deserves to make Shanghai...

If you want to criticize someone this week, criticize that sad excuse of a performance from Fat Dave...!!!!!!!!!

By the way, while Madrid was very loud, let's not discount how supportive Basel was for Roger this week...Even when Roger was two sets to love up, they were pulling for him hard!!

LocoPorElTenis
10-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Put yourself in her shoes, while other girlfriends eventually get to go shopping or sightseeing after their boyfriends are beaten, she has to stay with her man until the end of every tournament before they fly off to get ready for the next. Wouldn't you be pissed?

If she doesn't want to be there, why doesn't she just go shopping or sightseeing? It's not as if in this day and age girlfriends/wives have to be with their man all the time. If she decides to attend the match, she should make an effort to show at least a tiny bit of interest (or at least hide her disinterest a little bit). And this wasn't a random match, it was a very important one.

swissfed
10-29-2006, 02:58 PM
This match really drives one into hours of Unconsciousness !!!!!!!
Roger =

LLeytonRules
10-29-2006, 02:59 PM
I really hope Roger was kidding about playing in paris.:mad: :sad: We might see another Murray episode.

By the way, how is Gonzalez's mental approach, he is becoming Fed's whipping boy, just like Roddick was and is.

LocoPorElTenis
10-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Listen, Mirka annoys me to no end (she seems to have an air of arrogance...and the constant text messaging is annoying as well)...However, have we all reached such a pathetic state that in order to criticize a player, we have to go after his significant other?:rolleyes:

I'm criticizing Mirka, not Roger. Roger was amazing as usual :hatoff:

KaxMisha
10-29-2006, 03:00 PM

Yeah, and that is very relevant, no doubt, because tennis obviously is a soap opera and not a sport, so how "exciting" the players are as characters really is very, very important. No, wait! Never mind...

scoobs
10-29-2006, 03:01 PM
The fact that some of you would rather criticise Mirka for her texting habits and spectating attention span....

Get a life. Seriously.

So Roger confirms he's playing Paris. I think he's mental but if it's not like Cincy then fair enough. I'd love him to do a clean sweep of these three tournaments if he feels he's got enough in him to do it.

RonE
Roger!!! :banana:

Whew, now that Basel is out of the way, withdraw from Paris and have a good rest in preparation for Shanghai :)

mickymouse
If she doesn't want to be there, why doesn't she just go shopping or sightseeing? It's not as if in this day and age girlfriends/wives have to be with their man all the time. If she decides to attend the match, she should make an effort to show at least a tiny bit of interest (or at least hide her disinterest a little bit). And this wasn't a random match, it was a very important one.

If she does that, I'm sure she'll be even more severely criticised.:D

deliveryman

I'm going to let you in on a little secret:

NO ONE FRIGGIN' CARES BUT YOU, SO JUST DROP IT ALREADY

Thank you. :wavey:

victory1

Did you not think, it might be a nervous tick. I just a fan and don't have a personal relationship with him but I paced the room somtimes when he is playing because I'm nervous.:(

LocoPorElTenis
10-29-2006, 03:02 PM
If she does that, I'm sure she'll be even more severely criticised.:D

Not by me :). But let's talk tennis now.

Good luck in Paris Gonzo :angel: .

Yappa
Federer just said "Bis nächstes Jahr" (Cya next year).
While Federer just looked happy, Gonzalez seemed even more emotional at the trophy ceremony. At least that was my impression.

landoud
:woohoo: congrats Roger

victory1
10-29-2006, 03:03 PM

AMEN!!:worship:

scoobs
10-29-2006, 03:06 PM
I think next year he may skip Madrid (and/or Paris if he wins Paris this year) and I think that would be wise...it's very punishing to play 5 matches a week 3 weeks running.

Dexter_1986
10-29-2006, 03:08 PM
Congrats Roger! :banana: :banana:
Gonzo :yeah: well done on reaching 3rd final in a row! ;)

Skyward
By the way, while Madrid was very loud, let's not discount how supportive Basel was for Roger this week...Even when Roger was two sets to love up, they were pulling for him hard!!

:rolleyes: What else are they supposed to do?

Allez
I think next year he may skip Madrid (and/or Paris if he wins Paris this year) and I think that would be wise...it's very punishing to play 5 matches a week 3 weeks running.

No I think he'll skip Basel instead. He's achieved his goal. Now he's going to focus on the big ones and rightly so. Destiny's calling :worship:

victory1

That's a good idea. I really wanted him to skip Paris this year and play it next year. Skip Madrid next year and play Basel & Paris; that would seem fair.

Kip
10-29-2006, 03:09 PM
Great work Roger! :cool:

And leave it to the assholes to contiually find something
to bitch about, aside from the fact that of contiually
attacking Mirka among other things despite not know
her or shit about her from my asshole! :cool:

artlinkletter
10-29-2006, 03:10 PM

Difference is, from what I saw (sets 2&3) they didn't cheer against Fernando.

Ernham
10-29-2006, 03:10 PM

LOL. I actually think she's always engrossed in those little electronic gizmos because when she is not, then the cameras will hover around her trying to capture any of her actions. Hell, she's probably watching the match with her little blackberry thing or whatever.

victory1
10-29-2006, 03:11 PM
:rolleyes: What else are they supposed to do?

In a final in Madrid with Rafa leading 2 set to love and tie in the 3rd set, you would not here "let's go" chant for the other player; that's what happened hear "let's go gonzo chant" with stomp & music!:D

Peoples
10-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Well done Federer, "finally he won a title", like Fernando said.

With the exception of the 2nd set where we saw the impatient Fernando of 2-3 years ago, he was playing very good tennis on his own serve.

As for the record between Fed and González, whoever plays against Federer enough (i.e. does well enough in big tournaments), is bound to have this kind of a record.

artlinkletter
10-29-2006, 03:12 PM
While Federer just looked happy, Gonzalez seemed even more emotional at the trophy ceremony. At least that was my impression.

Yeah, Fernando looked like he was going to cry when he was handed the mic. It must be tough playing 3 weeks in a row, making the finals in all of them and losing all of them aswell. He played really well in the third set. He should be proud of himself, nothing to beat yourself up over.

scoobs
Well if he said "bis nachstes jahr" that suggests he plans to try and defend this one, so I'd guess either Madrid or Paris will be trashed next year in practice. At this rate by then he should have the record for most TMS tournaments won anyway.

linus
Gonza at least needed to show himself getting one set... what a pity :p of course he maybe tired much more than Roger ;)

nobama
10-29-2006, 03:13 PM
She wasn't sitting with his family. She was sitting with his trainer Pierre and his friend Reto. Perpahs she was texting friends/family about the match? Why do people assume her texting is just "fooling around".: rolleyes:

Anyway, congrats Roger! You know you're doing something right when the haters have nothing left to say about you and moved on from you to your girlfriend. :yeah:

TennisGrandSlam
10-29-2006, 03:14 PM
Well done! :D:D:D

Please skip AMS Paris :o

PamV
10-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Congratualtions to Roger. Gonzalez fought hard at the end. Great tournament and a wonderful ceremony!!!

Loved when they whistled and rang cow bells when Roger took off his shirt.

Allez
10-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Saying "see you next year" is the right and polite thing to say to your fans even if you don't actually plan to be there.

scoobs
10-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Yes but saying it at his home tournament? Of course he's going to try to defend it.

I'd be astonished if he didn't play it and he wasn't injured.

uNIVERSE mAN
10-29-2006, 03:17 PM
stats

Metis
The thing that bothers me most when they show wives/girlfriends etc is when they are constantly chewing gum. I don't know if it's just me but I think that it looks very stupid and tasteless especially since they know that they are going to be shown on TV. They look like goats. :help: :D
As for Mirka, it doesn't look very nice that she barely watches Roger's matches, so I agree with the quoted poster. Though, against Gonzo, who blames her? She has seen that match 9 times already and knows the outcome. :p I think that Mirka's reactions are probably a good barometer to whether Roger is in trouble or not. The day she is watching with interest, chewing anxiously on her gum, we know things are tight...

nobama
I'd hate to see him not play Basel again just because it's sandwiched in between Madrid and Paris. I'd rather see him play Basela and Paris next year.

Fergie
10-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Finally Rogi! :bounce:

Feńita! :hug:

nobama
10-29-2006, 03:20 PM
The thing that bothers me most when they show wives/girlfriends etc is when they are constantly chewing gum. I don't know if it's just me but I think that it looks very stupid and tasteless especially since they know that they are going to be shown on TV. They look like goats. :help: :D
As for Mirka, it doesn't look very nice that she barely watches Roger's matches, so I agree with the quoted poster. Though, against Gonzo, who blames her? She has seen that match 9 times already and knows the outcome. :p I think that Mirka's reactions are probably a good barometer to whether Roger is in trouble or not. The day she is watching with interest, chewing anxiously on her gum, we know things are tight...How often do we see wives/girlfriends during a match. Certainly not enough to know how they are behaving for an entire match. :rolleyes:

adee-gee
Mirka was playing Snakes on her phone, what's the big deal? :shrug:

Snakes is a lot more exciting than another Federer whitewash.

Corey Feldman
I think next year he may skip Madrid (and/or Paris if he wins Paris this year) and I think that would be wise...it's very punishing to play 5 matches a week 3 weeks running.sure.. i wouldnt be bothered by him skipping Madrid from now on.. but the ATP should sort this out, the schedule is pathetic with these TMS event so close to each other.

idiots are too busy messing about with round robin instead.

FelipeMIA89
10-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Im glad Gonzo had some support from Gisela :)

Gulliver
I've always assumed that Roger wants Mirka at his matches and she's happy to be there, that she's texting the score to those who can't see the match, like her parents, Tony Roche, other friends, and if she's anxious at any stage she hides it very well. People can be so picky, why not just enjoy the man's success - and be glad that you are witnessing it and that he has a girl friend who is totally loyal to him.

Xristos
He said in his oncourt interview that he's playing Paris!:rolleyes:

Ok mybad, we shall see..

Any pics of Feds hot sister?

victory1
Mirka was playing Snakes on her phone, what's the big deal? :shrug:

Snakes is a lot more exciting than another Federer whitewash.

Jumping around like a monkey, yelling vamos, and digging you cheese don't make you exciting; just stupid!:p

HybridTheory
Congrats to Roger :worship:

tennisgal_001
10-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Rogi :woohoo:
What a season he's having. 87-5 (PB), 11th title 3 years running, 44th title tied with Muster in 11th place, 35-14 TB record so far, becomes the first player to win Madrid and a title the week after back-to-back, anymore?

adee-gee
10-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Jumping around like a monkey, yelling vamos, and digging you cheese don't make you exciting; just stupid!:p
What's that got to do with the price of cheese?

jwoodrx
10-29-2006, 03:29 PM
She wasn't sitting with his family. She was sitting with his trainer Pierre and his friend Reto. Perpahs she was texting friends/family about the match? Why do people assume her texting is just "fooling around".: rolleyes:

I actually do think she has a list of people that she is supposed to let know what is going on during/after the matches and that is what she is doing.

neenah
10-29-2006, 03:31 PM
Congratulations Roger! :D :D :D

anserq
10-29-2006, 03:34 PM
sexy Fed wins

Corey Feldman
10-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Any pics of Feds hot sister?yeah..
what he said

Eden
10-29-2006, 03:49 PM
Great work Roger! :cool:

And leave it to the assholes to contiually find something
to bitch about, aside from the fact that of contiually
attacking Mirka among other things despite not know
her or shit about her from my asshole! :cool:

True words :)

I really ask myself how old those posters are who seriously think that they have to post everything which they consider boring and disgusting about Roger and Mirka.

Well, indeed success involves hostility. I can only say may Rogers success continue for a long time - I will even stand every bashing comment :cool:

Congrats to Roger and Fernando for the match :yeah: Hopefully they meet again in Shanghai :)

I'm so happy for Roger that he finally achieved this title in Basel which means so much for him :)

Wonderful ceremony afterwards with nice words from both players and giving medals to the ballkids :)

tennisgal_001
10-29-2006, 03:55 PM
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/Jasmine1123/72294547.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/Jasmine1123/72294546.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/Jasmine1123/72294541.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/Jasmine1123/72294523.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/Jasmine1123/72294515.jpg

lordmanji
10-29-2006, 03:58 PM
why is basel a best of five event? its not a grand slam or a masters series event. and its sandwiched between two tms. quite unfair for a lower level tournament to impose that on players.

Corey Feldman
10-29-2006, 04:00 PM
what a cup!!
look at gonzo's face :awww:
club fed looks nice and fresh for some more damage in Paris :lick:

GlennMirnyi
10-29-2006, 04:03 PM
People just have to say :bs: don't they? What's the big deal of Mirka's way of watching the games? Do you want her to yell? She's not some little girl. Let her be.

TennisGrandSlam
10-29-2006, 04:08 PM
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/Jasmine1123/72294546.jpg

Basel (29-10-2006)

http://www.elespectador.com/ElEspectador/Recursos/ImagenesNoticias/403401_federer-madrid%20365.jpg

AMS Madrid (22-10-2006)

WF4EVER
10-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Roger looks like little boy in those pics.

Congrats, Rogi. Congrats, Gonzo.

Why isn't he pulling out of Paris? There's no way in hell he's gonna win it. Oh, well, hope he gets beaten early and cn get some rest before Shanghai.

No. 11 for the third year in a row. Truly amazing.

It's a pity Gonzo has to keep playing in order to qualify for Shanghai. BTW, he looks sad in that pic and I think this loss was a real disappointment fo rhim considering it's his third final in a row, but Roger's Roger, so it wasn't entirely his fault. Good luck trying to qualify, Gonzo.

safinalium
10-29-2006, 04:09 PM
congrats, roger. winning this tournamewnt means a lot to him. poor gonzo. he doesn't deserve to lose 3 finals in a row. i hope that he qualifies for shanghai. :)

*Ljubica*
10-29-2006, 04:12 PM
People just have to say :bs: don't they? What's the big deal of Mirka's way of watching the games? Do you want her to yell? She's not some little girl. Let her be.

:yeah: Absolutely - I'm sure she is texting the scores to friends/relatives - plus it could just be her way of relaxing when she's nervous. I know when I go to live tennis matches - if I get a bit tense I often text someone. For me I admit it's mainly because I smoke, and you're not allowed to smoke at most tournaments nowadays so it gives me something to do if that makes sense :shrug: (I know any ex-smokers will know exactly what I mean by that!) - but I don't think that just because Mirka isn't staring at the court or screaming like a banshee - it means she isn't interested.

TennisGrandSlam
10-29-2006, 04:12 PM
2000, 2001 Finals (lost to Enqvist and Henman)

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2006-10/30_4072059_1.jpg

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2006-10/30_4072059_2.jpg

sawan66278
10-29-2006, 04:13 PM
All I was saying is that it is natural to pull for the home guy, even more so when they are losing...

Assuming Roger plays Paris...if he does, I think he is going to win it...but what about Shanghai?

I just hope that after all the hard work, Gonzo makes it...like I said, Fat Dave should not be there: GONZO should...!!!!!!!!

rofe
10-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Well played champ! Must have been an emotional win for him.

Now tank at Paris. :devil:

Sparko1030
10-29-2006, 04:52 PM
:hug: For Fernando (Ironman) Gonzalez. Another great week for him. :worship: He must feel like crap playing all those finals and now title to show for it but he has had a great indoor season. I hope he can get enough rest in before he has to play in Madrid.

Congrats to Roger on winning his first title at home. :)

Jack Sparrow
10-29-2006, 04:58 PM
great roger....thanks for the eleventh pearl!what we can say again?we can say only that you are the king of tennis....
now rest you and prepare yourself for shanghai...paris isn't important,therefore you have to withdraw from this tournament!!!!
:wavey:

tennisgal_001
10-29-2006, 04:58 PM
That pic with Enqvist is funny from so many angles :lol:

Fed-Express
10-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Lol, this trophy is so exaggerated for such a small tournament :lol:
Did Roger shed no tears after this long awaited victory?

revolution
10-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Paris is a REQUIRED event, of course it is important. If he isn't injured then he should take part.

jacobhiggins
10-29-2006, 05:21 PM
Quite different then the 2001 final

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8QDlcFHA4o

Man he really wanted this title he's very emotional at the end of the video!

Ernham
10-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Man, I didn't see gonzales get any gigantic bottle of cheap cologne.

Deboogle!.
10-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Congrats to Roger, winning home events means so much to these players and it is good for him that, after all he has accomplished, he finally has won this title :)

Corey Feldman
10-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Man, I didn't see gonzales get any gigantic bottle of cheap cologne.I want one of them :awww:
wow the size of them... they'd never run out.

scoobs
10-29-2006, 05:40 PM
If anyone has the presentation ceremony and they could put it on youtube, i'd be most grateful - Eurosport here in the UK decided it had to leave it to show us instead a pressing pre-recorded interview with Kim Clijsters.

Truc
10-29-2006, 05:59 PM
He said in his oncourt interview that he's playing Paris!:rolleyes:But Swiss people say he also hinted at a possible withdrawal in an interview for the Swiss TV afterwards (he said it will depend on how he will feel, but his priority is to avoid being injured in Shanghai or something like that, I didn't see it myself).

robinhood
10-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Those are some funny looking trophies.

Yappa
10-29-2006, 06:09 PM
If anyone has the presentation ceremony and they could put it on youtube, i'd be most grateful - Eurosport here in the UK decided it had to leave it to show us instead a pressing pre-recorded interview with Kim Clijsters.

I have it. I just need to know how to fix the file, so that it lets you fast forward because it covers the match from 2nd set till the end of the ceremony (first file covers the first set which wasnt shown by Eurosport either). I dont know why my stream recording is f'ed up. First time this happened to me. :( Highly annoying.

DDrago2
10-29-2006, 06:36 PM
I actually do think she has a list of people that she is supposed to let know what is going on during/after the matches and that is what she is doing.

No, she is visiting pornography sites. She sais that Roger doesn't please her

But important thing is that he won Basel. That win has metaphysical consequences

Whistleway
10-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Wow. I am so relieved that Federer won in straight sets. I thought it was going to be atleast 4 sets. Great win Roger. Now that he plays in Paris, which I am not sure how he's going to manage. :(

dorkino
10-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Fed :clap2: :clap2:

nobama
10-29-2006, 07:36 PM
This is cool, Roger hanging out and eating pizza with the ball kids.

DrJules
10-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Wow. I am so relieved that Federer won in straight sets. I thought it was going to be atleast 4 sets. Great win Roger. Now that he plays in Paris, which I am not sure how he's going to manage. :(

The draw is starting to look very weak for a master series. We have already lost world number 2,3 4 and 5.

victory1
10-29-2006, 07:41 PM
This is cool, Roger hanging out and eating pizza with the ball kids.

Roger promised them pizza in his on court interview; glad to see he follow-up and serving it to them personally!:D

Corey Feldman
10-29-2006, 07:43 PM
:rolls: at Fed in that first pic... one of his toothless looking shots --> :D

DDrago2
10-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Did Roger shed no tears after this long awaited victory?

Of course not, he is happy now

DDrago2
10-29-2006, 07:46 PM
one of his toothless looking shots --> :D

:lol:

nobama
10-29-2006, 07:52 PM
:lol:

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/0c/full.getty-tennis-atp-sui-final-federer_11_50_07_am.jpg

megadeth
10-29-2006, 08:04 PM
now that he won it, maybe he can just skip it next year so that he join paris TMS this time for heaven's sake! it would be 3yrs of skipping it if he passes again!

Fedex
10-29-2006, 08:14 PM

A little sour aren't we? Cant stand the fact that Federer has won 4 tournements in a row? :devil: And what's this I hear about Nadal pulling out of Paris? Is he still in poor form?

Ernham
10-29-2006, 08:17 PM
A little sour aren't we? Cant stand the fact that Federer has won 4 tournements in a row? :devil: And what's this I hear about Nadal pulling out of Paris? Is he still in poor form?

A bad person hid a needle on his toilet. And he sat on it, breaking it off into his ass.

musefanatic
10-29-2006, 08:19 PM
Well done Roger, brilliant win :)

NYCtennisfan
10-29-2006, 08:23 PM
About Mirka...in the early days, she used to get so emotionally involved in every Fed match. Take a look at her in the box when Fed played matches before 2003 and even in 2003. She has sat through so many matches in all of these years. It's impossible to expect her to be on the edge of her seat for every match.

Fedex
10-29-2006, 08:33 PM
Anyway congrats to Federer on finally winning his home tournement. :) :yeah: I know it means so much to him.
And I have to say I feel bad for Gonzalez. The guy has had a phenomenal indoor season, yet he has no titles to show for it because he keeps running into Mr. Federer. I hope he finishes the season strong and makes the Masters Cup.

Daniel
10-29-2006, 09:36 PM
Wonderful Roger :) :worship:

Raquel
10-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Well done Roger :worship: I know this means a lot to him to win here.

Great pics :)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
10-30-2006, 03:46 AM
Poor Fena :sad:

oz_boz
10-30-2006, 08:11 AM
Ball boy happy now? ;)

Great effort as always from Fed. Finally winning his home tournie, and as if that wasn't enough, making 11 titles three years in a row, plus breaking the 8k mark. Sick!

I feel a bit sorry for Gonzo though...

Eden
10-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Ball boy happy now? ;)

He is :) I've just watched the interview by Swiss television after the match and Roger mentioned there that he would have played the tournament until being 65 in order to finally win it :lol: He has such a wonderful humour :)