Nalbandian pulls out of Paris [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nalbandian pulls out of Paris

Johnny Groove
10-28-2006, 05:50 PM
http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/?ID=2152

Through my limited French, apparently, David is suffering from some gastro-enteritis, which, after a quick wikipedia reference, is a horrible case of vomiting and diarrhea. So, he pulled out and Hrbaty will get the 17th seed and take his place in the draw, and I guess a Q or LL will take Hrbaty's place

but David :awww: :hug:

RonE
10-28-2006, 05:51 PM
So what does this mean in terms of Shanghai for him?

Johnny Groove
10-28-2006, 05:53 PM
hes currently in 6th, and probably Robredo will lose and wont gain any more points. Blake could gain more, Gonzalez with his recent form could do some damage (although he is VERY tired) and even Ancic has an outside chance with a win in St. Petes.

So basically, hes on the bubble

Saumon
10-28-2006, 05:56 PM
http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/?ID=2152

Through my limited French, apparently, David is suffering from some gastro-enteritis, which, after a quick wikipedia reference, is a horrible case of vomiting and diarrhea. So, he pulled out and Hrbaty will get the 17th seed and take his place in the draw, and I guess a Q or LL will take Hrbaty's place

but David :awww: :hug:

he pulled out before the qualies so he was replaced by hrbaty, clement entered the main draw and his WC was given to Mahut.

It's already been discussed in the "withdrawal thread" http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=89144&page=8 :)

krystlel
10-28-2006, 05:56 PM
He's pretty much in, unless Robredo, Blake and Gonzalez all manage to make the semi-finals which is highly unlikely. (that's if Gonzalez loses in the final) I don't think Ancic can catch him, but he's in the same part of the draw of Gonzalez anyway so it doesn't matter whether he can or not.

Fed-Express
10-28-2006, 06:04 PM
I think the news of Nalby pulling out have already been posted in the Paris player withdraw thread.

tennisgal_001
10-28-2006, 06:13 PM
David :hug:
Well, he's 6th in the race, SIX points behind Davydenko (so close I know), so if I were Davy, I'd say I'm as good as in. Robredo will most likely screw up in Paris, and Blake is always questionable on the big stage, Baghdatis has already declared his unwillingness and lack of interest in Shanghai this season, so really, it's basically either
a) Ancic and Gonzalez both qualify, Ancic by winning St. Pete tomorrow, and losing in the R3 in Paris, with Gonzo making the quarters in Paris and Robredo losing his R2 match.
OR
b) Either one of Ancic/Gonzo pulls out, suffers a first round loss, etc... and BERDYCH (the dark horse) makes the final, then Berdych would qualify, along with Ancic/Gonzo, Nalby,Davy, and Blake/Robredo
OR
c) Blake AND Robredo kick ass in Paris, leaving Nalby out of the picture with Ancic/Gonzo depending on the winner of their R3 match in Paris.

5) Davydenko - 445
6) Nalbandian - 439
7) Blake - 411
8) Robredo - 410
9) Gonzalez - 402
10) Baghdatis - 372
11) Ancic - 349

Metis
10-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Oh David. :( Gastroenteritis? What did you eat again? :p

Jokes aside, I hope he manages to go to Shanghai.

atheneglaukopis
10-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Oh David. :( Gastroenteritis? What did you eat again? :p

Jokes aside, I hope he manages to go to Shanghai.Apparently you were right in the funny fotos thread. :tape:

Horatio Caine
10-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Through my limited French, apparently, David is suffering from some gastro-enteritis, which, after a quick wikipedia reference, is a horrible case of vomiting and diarrhea.

Maybe he was the pelican that swallowed the pigeon :p

nobama
10-28-2006, 06:39 PM
How come everyone seems to be pulling out of Paris except Roger and Gonzo? :lol:

R.Federer
10-28-2006, 06:39 PM
That's too bad. Once again, Paris is suffering the consequences of the long season. I hope Fed doesn't pull out, although for his own physical wellbeing I guess I should hope he does

robinhood
10-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Poor Dave!
He can't even show up for the big ones now.
Get well soon.

croat123
10-28-2006, 06:53 PM
How come everyone seems to be pulling out of Paris except Roger and Gonzo? :lol:
they can't pull out of a tournament if they are still playing in another one. expect fed to pull out tomorrow after the final. now way gonzo will pull out, he's too close to shanghai

i'm hoping that blake and robredo both lose their first match so that mario and gonzo can make it!!

Timariot
10-28-2006, 07:40 PM
So poor Paris gets dumped again?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/db/Paris_hilton_universal_photo.jpg/220px-

tennisgal_001
10-28-2006, 07:45 PM
:lol: ^^
that Paris ain't poor