Hedge advice (Tennis) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Hedge advice (Tennis)

bossboss
10-28-2006, 02:21 AM
i have 1 unit pending on Marc Gicquel at $34 to win Lyon
he is the semi-final against Xavier Malisse .. Who is at odds around (1.70 - 1.75)

my question is how much to put on X-man to Hedge?

considering that his playing the first semifinal.. not knowing who is his final oppenent in case he wins.. (Clement X gasquet playing after) .. but either of them will be favotite against Gicquel (again in case he wins the semifal against X-man)

Is not Hedging at all an option?

Thanks .. i am hopeless in stakes (staking).. but i am trying

Ays25
10-28-2006, 09:09 AM
you have a possible +34 on gicquel
if you put 19 units on x man you will have 34 units aldready today in case he wins but if marc wins u will still have 14 units in hand for tomorrow
is he plays gaskid, gas odds will be around 1.40-1.45 if he play clement, clems odds will be around 1.60 - 1.65, so you will still be able to make 6-8 units plus.
so the main point is if your 1 unit is 1-10 $ let it stand but if its 50 $ or something, guranteed green is always good.

bossboss
10-28-2006, 09:30 AM
it doesn't matter how much is my unit .. try it with $1 or $100 all the same result

if i put 19 units today and Gicquel won ..i only left with 14 units ..which is not enough to bet on Gasquet/clement around 1.5 to cover the 19 units
in case Gasquet/clement won the final against Gicquel

i will bet the minimum today on Xman to cover the unit and minimum profit .. for example 3 units at 1.65 ..and balance the rest tomorrow if still alive

bossboss
10-29-2006, 06:19 AM
some good news , some bad news...

Good news is :Gicquel won over Xman .. reached the final .. (i hedged 4 units on X man)

Bad news is: just saw the odds on Gasquet 1.22 at CB.:eek: :sad: . will not be able to hedge.. might ride my original bet until the end

Go Gicquel !!!!!!!