How often should you change your overgrip if you play seriousley 6 days a week. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How often should you change your overgrip if you play seriousley 6 days a week.

seanog
10-27-2006, 09:55 PM
?Just wonder how much all of you players change em?

eizmed
10-29-2006, 01:22 PM
really depends on how much you sweat, the quality of the grip and how much wear and tear you can tolerate on the grip dosn't it?

I play 3 times a week for 2 hours and like my grip new and tacky.... so change often.. maybe every 6 weeks.....

tennisplayer89
01-15-2007, 05:45 PM
When I practice a little worn out grip isn't a problem, but in matches it is. During tournaments or when I play matches, I change my overgrip every match and sometimes every set. Where I live it is hot so during the summer I sweat and the grips get so slippery. It is amazing how much a fresh grip can improve your game.

Warneck
02-05-2007, 08:56 AM
I would switch it every week or so. That means a ~$1 cost/week :)
I also agree with tennisplayer89. When playing tournaments I do change my overgrip every match or every set. A worn out overgrip may also be a psychological factor in your play. I know its that in mine ;)

SaltoKlose
02-11-2007, 04:24 AM
Its not really going to affect your game.

I just change it when it gets really dirty around 2 weeks or I just use my other racquets.

JoeyZ
02-24-2007, 09:35 PM
I use the Wilson Pro Overgrip and put a fresh one on before each match. Unfortunately, I find that if I don't change my grip after each match the racquet slips in my hand which causes me to not hit out on my shots.

It sounds silly, but I am going to try playing with my racquetball glove to see if that gives me a better grip. Has anyone tried that...please let me know!

Joe