You're going to Shanghai now do well in Paris [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

You're going to Shanghai now do well in Paris

alisia
10-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Another naff title but it's the last of the year :sad: The draw is :eek: but if he plays like he did today who knows how far he will go :D

1st Half

[1]FEDERER, Roger SUI vs BYE
JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE vs Q
SIMON, Gilles FRA vs Q
BYE vs [14]NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN

[12]DJOKOVIC, Novak SRB vs BYE
SODERLING, Robin SWE vs MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA
MALISSE, Xavier BEL vs GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA
BYE vs [6]ROBREDO, Tommy ESP

[4]DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS vs BYE
Q vs ACASUSO, Jose ARG
ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP vs BJORKMAN, Jonas SWE
BYE vs [15]TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS

[9]ANCIC, Mario CRO[/b] vs BYE
VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL vs WC SERRA, Florent FRA
BENNETRAU, Julien FRA vs SANTORO, Frbrice FRA
BYE vs [5]GONZALEZ, Fernando CHI

2nd Half

[8]BERDYCH, Tomas CZE vs BYE
ROCHUS, Olivier BEL vs Q
GINEPRI, Robby USA vs Q
BYE vs [11]FERRER, David

[13]MURRAY, Andy GBR vs BYE
CHELE, Juan Ignacio ARG vs SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn THA
ANDREEV, Igor RUS vs MONFILS, Gael FRA
BYE vs [3]NALBANDIAN, David ARG

[7]BLAKE, James USA vs BYE
HRBATY, Dominik SVK vs MASSU, Nicolas CHI
VERDASCO, Fernando ESP vs Q
BYE vs [10]HASS, Tommy GER

[16]Gasquet, Richard FRA vs BYE
WC GICQUEL, Marc FRA vs WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI
SAFIN, Marat RUS vs WC CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA
BYE vs [2]NADAL, Rafael ESP

*Ljubica*
10-27-2006, 07:18 PM
:awww: I see he plays my hero "The Bye" in the 1st round - and I always support "The Bye :devil: But - after that - good luck David :)

Eléa
10-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Good luck to David in Bercy :) I will be there for his first match, i hope to see him a bit outside too :p
I will tell you ;)

*Ljubica*
10-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Good luck to David in Bercy :) I will be there for his first match, i hope to see him a bit outside too :p
I will tell you ;)

Have fun Elea - and just you behave with Javier :p

LaTenista
10-27-2006, 08:08 PM
I will tell you ;)

Have fun :wavey: And of course you'll tell us everything. :angel:

Sue
10-27-2006, 10:38 PM
I will tell you ;)

Have lots of fun amiga....I SO wish I was going with you :-(

RogiFan88
10-28-2006, 03:56 AM
Sue, aren't you going to Paris??

VAMOS, DAVID!

FerrersLinda
10-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Easy draws don't exist in Masters tournament. But Davey is a big boy now and he can deal with it. Tommy B. though:eek:

:bounce: VAMOS DAVID:bounce:

Have fun Elea and please be very careful with regards to the Vinnay-situation.:unsure:

Sue
10-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Sue, aren't you going to Paris??

VAMOS, DAVID!

Sadly I can't go to Bercy now RF, my friend has a family illness to deal with, and I don't feel I can leave her....so no.I'm sad about missing David play and seeing live tennis again- but there'll be more to come next year ( crosses fingers)

RogiFan88
10-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Sadly I can't go to Bercy now RF, my friend has a family illness to deal with, and I don't feel I can leave her....so no.I'm sad about missing David play and seeing live tennis again- but there'll be more to come next year ( crosses fingers)

Of course you must be w your friend despite the disappointment of not seeing David. I shall send positive vibes for your friend. :angel:

alisia
10-30-2006, 05:52 PM
David plays Ginepri tomorrow, they are second on court 1

LaTenista
10-30-2006, 05:56 PM
Won't be any coverage for me then. :sad:

VAMOS David - Seek revenge for Madrid & Cincy 2005

Sue
10-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Of course you must be w your friend despite the disappointment of not seeing David. I shall send positive vibes for your friend. :angel:

Thats very sweet RF- thank you....and of course I'll hope to * catch up* with David somewhere next year :-)

FerrersLinda
10-30-2006, 06:23 PM
David plays Ginepri tomorrow, they are second on court 1

Damn, does this mean David can't come with me to the doctor to hold my hand?:confused: 'fraid I'll be in the waiting room alone. VAMOS DAVID!

Sue
10-31-2006, 10:27 AM
Just heard from Eléa - she saw David practice yesterday....and is about to cheer very loudly for him in his match. VAMOS!!

FerrersLinda
10-31-2006, 11:24 AM
Just heard from Eléa - she saw David practice yesterday....and is about to cheer very loudly for him in his match. VAMOS!!

VAMOS ELEA! and VAMOS DAVID!
I got up very early to enjoy Sr. Ferrer play because surely ESPN would show Robbie Ginepri....right? Not right.:mad: I've got Malisse-Grosjean and a huge cuppa coffee.

LaTenista
10-31-2006, 01:42 PM
Just woke up to see David lost. :sad: Not a good way to start the morning.

RogiFan88
10-31-2006, 02:16 PM
Vamos, DAVID!! Time to stop Robby's run w a run of your own! ;)

*Ljubica*
10-31-2006, 05:02 PM
I am truly not surprised at David's loss. In his Diary the other day he said he felt tired but would fulfill his obligations to Basel and Paris...............but frankly I don't think his heart was in it this week :sad: He is tired and jaded - he doesn't like hard indoor courts, and he needs a break. It's one of the reasons I am not so keen on Bercy (sorry Elea) - players either drop out before it starts like Federer and Calleri, - or they lose early in a lacklustre fashion like David today and Massu, because I'm sure they would rather be at home with their families than playing yet another week on the Tour unless they have something to play for like a TMC place :shrug: So take care David - go home - and enjoy the off-season with your friends and family :hug:

FerrersLinda
10-31-2006, 09:06 PM
I am truly not surprised at David's loss. In his Diary the other day he said he felt tired but would fulfill his obligations to Basel and Paris...............but frankly I don't think his heart was in it this week :sad: He is tired and jaded - he doesn't like hard indoor courts, and he needs a break. It's one of the reasons I am not so keen on Bercy (sorry Elea) - players either drop out before it starts like Federer and Calleri, - or they lose early in a lacklustre fashion like David today and Massu, because I'm sure they would rather be at home with their families than playing yet another week on the Tour unless they have something to play for like a TMC place :shrug: So take care David - go home - and enjoy the off-season with your friends and family :hug:

I hear you Rosie. The last two weeks have been full of weird results for lots of players. You can def. tell it's the end of the season. I have to say that after the Federer match I thought David would have some energy for this week though. But never mind, thanks for an exciting 2006 season. Now go rest and damnit don't let mama Ferrer touch your hair!:D

Sue
10-31-2006, 09:21 PM
LOL...maybe we should send a *strong* letter to Mama F. or better still go round there and hide her scissors!

FerrersLinda
10-31-2006, 09:30 PM
LOL...maybe we should send a *strong* letter to Mama F. or better still go round there and hide her scissors!

Should we go now? She was pretty fast with the scissors last time he went home? To the batmobile:bolt:

Sue
10-31-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm right behind you>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> warp speed ahead!!!!!!

LaTenista
10-31-2006, 11:15 PM
:lol: I like David's hair full stop. It was not too short last time. :p

alisia
11-01-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm not suprised he lost especially after all the emotional energy he used up on Friday. Also I bet he'd got one eye on home & his mummy's cooking :D The only consolation if Mamma Ferrer gets anywhere near his hair is that it should have grown back in time for the Australian Open :D
All in all he's had a good season backing up what he did last year & that's even thou he had a pretty average clay court season so hopefully he can only improve his ranking next year. He of course will do amazingly well in Indian Wells :devil:

alisia
10-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Draw for Paris ~ how many points does he need :unsure:

1) R. Federer v. bye
F. Verdasco v. I. Karlovic
N. Almagro v. D. Nalbandian
bye v. 14) C. Moya

12) T. Berdych v. bye
P-H. Mathieu v. M. Ancic
D. Tursunov v. Fish
bye v. 5) D. Ferrer

3) N. Djokovic v. bye
F. Santoro v. A. Montanes
J. Nieminen v. J. Monaco
bye v. 15) A. Murray

10) R. Gasquet v. bye
WC) J-W. Tsonga v. WC) S. Grosjean
Q) v. WC) N. Mahut
bye v. 6) J. Blake

7) F. Gonzalez v. bye
P. Starace v. G. Simon
Q) v. Q)
bye v. 11) G. Canas

13) I. Ljubicic v. bye
J.C. Ferrero v. M. Baghdatis
Q) v. F. Lopez
bye v. 4) N. Davydenko

8) T. Robredo v. bye
A. Clement v. M. Youzhny
Q) v. Q)
bye v. 9) T. Haas

16) J.I. Chela v. bye
S. Wawrinka v. N. Kiefer
J. Melzer v. F. Volandri
bye v. 2) R. Nadal

Rafas_grl
10-27-2007, 04:48 PM
I think its almost definite that he is in Shangai but maybe he should win just one more match to make sure:p

LaTenista
10-27-2007, 07:01 PM
If he doesn't win at least a match it would be stupid to go to Shanghai with no form.

Sakura 0101
10-28-2007, 04:31 AM
I just saw the ATP official web!
Congrats for qualified to Shanghai. :worship:
A friend of mine is a big fan of Ferrer.
We watched his ALL matches in Tokyo. :)
he played incredible. :yeah:
and I'm so happy that Ferrer and Nalbandian are good friends.:D
(David said on his offical website “nalbandian es mi bueno amigo” :angel: )

Best luck to Paris & Shanghai. :bounce:

Carlita
10-28-2007, 09:49 AM
:bigclap: well done David!!! You go chico!!! :woohoo:

Sommarsverige
10-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Yay David :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
I am so happy that he will go there and he really deserves it as well :yeah:
And as I am quite sure Tommy won´t have a chance to go, there it as least one player I can support by heart ;)

alisia
10-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Ferrer to Make Masters Cup Debut:worship:

Shanghai, China – Versatile Spaniard David Ferrer will make his debut at the prestigious Tennis Masters Cup -- to be held at Shanghai's Qi Zhong Stadium from November 11-18 -- after his qualification for the circuit finale was announced Saturday.

Ferrer's addition to the Masters Cup field, alongside Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Nikolay Davydenko and Andy Roddick, leaves just two Shanghai spots up for grabs heading into the final event of the regular ATP season - the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris, which begins Sunday.

Ferrer, who will finish in the year-end Top 10 of the South African Airways ATP Rankings for the first time, has won three titles this year - Tokyo, Bastad and Auckland - and also reached the US Open semifinals.

"This is like a dream come true," Ferrer said. "It's been my best season ever and it is going to be great to compete in Shanghai as one of the top eight players. I have heard it is such a special event."

The final two Tennis Masters Cup spots will be determined in Paris. Seventh-placed Chilean Fernando Gonzalez has a strong claim on the seventh spot with a 51-point break on No. 8 Tommy Haas. The battle for the eighth and final place will be intense, with eight players separated by just 18 points (See latest ATP Race standings). Four spots in the doubles event at Tennis Masters Cup remain up for grabs.

Qualification also means that Ferrer will join the other qualifiers by having a larger-than-life Terracotta Warrior sculpture created of himself by award-winning artist Laury Dizengremel to celebrate the Tennis Masters Cup.

FerrersLinda
10-28-2007, 02:07 PM
:woohoo:

I'm sure he'll do better in Paris now that the pressure to qualify is off.:D

LaTenista
10-28-2007, 03:53 PM

I'm sure he'll do better in Paris now that the pressure to qualify is off.:D

I hope you're right. :unsure:

FerrersLinda
10-28-2007, 03:56 PM
I hope you're right. :unsure:

'course I'm right, aren't I always?:p

alisia
10-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Oop for Tuesday

COURT 1 Matches Start At: 11:00 AM
Jarkko NIEMINEN (FIN) vs Juan MONACO (ARG)
followed by
Jurgen MELZER (AUT) vs Filippo VOLANDRI (ITA)
followed by
Janko TIPSAREVIC (SRB) vs Tommy HAAS (GER)
followed by
Andreas SEPPI (ITA) vs Guillermo CANAS (ARG)
Not Before 5:30 PM Possible Court Change
Feliciano LOPEZ (ESP) Rafael NADAL (ESP) vs Jurgen MELZER (AUT) Todd PERRY (AUS)
followed by
Mardy FISH (USA) vs David FERRER (ESP)

FerrersLinda
10-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Coo,l I won't be able to see it.:sad: At least I won't have to look at the Fish's bare ankles.:p

*Ljubica*
10-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Coo,l I won't be able to see it.:sad: At least I won't have to look at the Fish's bare ankles.:p

Think yourself lucky you didn't have to sit and watch the Fish's bare ankles for a couple of hours like I did yesterday morning :devil: I used to be indifferent to him - but after that match he could be getting onto my "hate list" pretty damned soon! And he does have the MOST peculiar legs :eek:

FerrersLinda
10-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Think yourself lucky you didn't have to sit and watch the Fish's bare ankles for a couple of hours like I did yesterday morning :devil: I used to be indifferent to him - but after that match he could be getting onto my "hate list" pretty damned soon! And he does have the MOST peculiar legs :eek:

:eek: I really don't want the images of the legs of Mardy Fish in my head.:help:

*Ljubica*
10-30-2007, 04:20 PM
:eek: I really don't want the images of the legs of Mardy Fish in my head.:help:

Sadly they're a little difficult to avoid when they're bouncing around naked and unashamed a few feet from your chair! And the problem yesterday was - the more I decided that his legs were vile - the more I was kind of drawn to look at them :eek:

alisia
10-30-2007, 07:24 PM
:mad: Doesn't look like they've got interactive coverage :sad: so I've got to watch Tommy instead :devil: & he's fianally ditched the horrible orange shirt for a nice blue one :D

alisia
10-30-2007, 07:33 PM
I've got interactive coverage :worship: which means I've got a cute little Spanish boy dressed in black on my tv :devil:

FerrersLinda
10-30-2007, 07:33 PM
:wavey: I rushed my a** off to get back home on time only to find out I have no coverage.:mad: So I'll be scoreboard girl again, while preparing my class for tonight.:help:

alisia
10-30-2007, 07:35 PM
:wavey: I rushed my a** off to get back home on time only to find out I have no coverage.:mad: So I'll be scoreboard girl again, while preparing my class for tonight.:help:

Well he bossed the first game but was also helped by a couple lose shots from Fish face :p He's just served an ace out wide :worship:

FerrersLinda
10-30-2007, 07:35 PM
I've got interactive coverage :worship: which means I've got a cute little Spanish boy dressed in black on my tv :devil:

:sad: I'm happy for you, really.:sad:

FerrersLinda
10-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Well he bossed the first game but was also helped by a couple lose shots from Fish face :p He's just served an ace out wide :worship:

David the ace-king. Love it.:D

alisia
10-30-2007, 07:37 PM
:sad: I'm happy for you, really.:sad:

I know you are :angel:

alisia
10-30-2007, 07:39 PM
inside out fh in slow motion showing plenty of thigh & midriff :devil:

FerrersLinda
10-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Okay, now I'm just jealous.:(

How is he playing?

alisia
10-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Fish has the trainer out :rolleyes: He's got a poorly knee :rolleyes:

FerrersLinda
10-30-2007, 07:45 PM
So maybe you'll be watching Tommy then?:rolleyes:

alisia
10-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Okay, now I'm just jealous.:(

How is he playing?

:angel: :p

He's playing very confidently :D Serve was working well as is his fh & he's grunting well :o

alisia
10-30-2007, 07:47 PM
So maybe you'll be watching Tommy then?:rolleyes:

Nope he's running like a 2yr old now :mad:

FerrersLinda
10-30-2007, 07:49 PM
He's grunting well:woohoo:

2 year olds aren't known for their running skills.:p

alisia
10-30-2007, 07:51 PM
He's grunting well:woohoo:

2 year olds aren't known for their running skills.:p

:devil:

I thought I'd jinxed him because his serve went walk-a-about :o

FerrersLinda
10-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Don't worry his serve is still at 80%, which is much more like it than the 26% of the Fishy.

And he broke again.:)

alisia
10-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Cross court return gives him a double break :worship: He's playing really well :D & I forgot he's clean shaven :devil: Bless now he's carrying his towel in his mouth :o I think that's so sweet :p

FerrersLinda
10-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Clean shaven:lick:

I hope he'll keep his good game up this week.

Would you happen to know the difference between the preposition ON and the particle ON?:scratch:

alisia
10-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Clean shaven:lick:

I hope he'll keep his good game up this week.

Would you happen to know the difference between the preposition ON and the particle ON?:scratch:

A prepostion is used like the cat sat on the mat I think :confused:

alisia
10-30-2007, 08:01 PM
First set 6-1 :worship: he's not even broke into a sweat :devil:

FerrersLinda
10-30-2007, 08:02 PM
And he's got the first set in the bag in half an hour.:worship:

A prepostion is used like the cat sat on the mat I think :confused:

Okay, so the particle ON is used like: to turn on the radio. I think. So that would make the preposition ON a location.:scratch: They are just gonna have to believe me.:lol:

alisia
10-30-2007, 08:09 PM
And he's got the first set in the bag in half an hour.:worship:

Okay, so the particle ON is used like: to turn on the radio. I think. So that would make the preposition ON a location.:scratch: They are just gonna have to believe me.:lol:

A preposition is used to link words in a sentence.

Fish wants to stop play because he thinks there is something wrong with the court. David has just told him in English he wants to play on :devil:

alisia
10-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Try this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preposition

FerrersLinda
10-30-2007, 08:14 PM
A preposition is used to link words in a sentence.

Fish wants to stop play because he thinks there is something wrong with the court. David has just told him in English he wants to play on :devil:

I thought my scoreboard had frozen. Fish you mug.:p

Try this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preposition

Thanks. I know what a prepostion is and a particle and how to use them. But since on is both a prep and a part I'm trying to figure out how to explain the difference.:rolleyes:

FerrersLinda
10-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Seems like the Fish is giving David a few more problems this set.

FerrersLinda
10-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Come on David, I don't have time for a tiebreak.:(

alisia
10-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Come on David, I don't have time for a tiebreak.:(

I'm back :D

My broadband died :mad:

Davy this set has told Fish what he thinks of him in Spanish :rolleyes: blamed Javi for his serve & fh going walk-about & played crap :mad:

FerrersLinda
10-30-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm back :D

My broadband died :mad:

Davy this set has told Fish what he thinks of him in Spanish :rolleyes: blamed Javi for his serve & fh going walk-about & played crap :mad:

Welcome back:wavey:

I thought you might have computer problems.:rolleyes:

That sounds like the David we know and love. Now he better win this tiebreak because I've got to go in 30 minutes. VAMOS!!!

alisia
10-30-2007, 09:04 PM
I thought my scoreboard had frozen. Fish you mug.:p

Thanks. I know what a prepostion is and a particle and how to use them. But since on is both a prep and a part I'm trying to figure out how to explain the difference.:rolleyes:

Sorrryyyyyyyy :o

I'm going to kill David :mad: that's a preposition :o

FerrersLinda
10-30-2007, 09:06 PM

It's okay, I just didn't want you to think I don't know what I'm teaching.:cool: Which of course would be the truth.:p

:yeah: Fab example. How about: I'm going to pick up a stick and hit him hard.

alisia
10-30-2007, 09:07 PM
I think after that bh volley from Fish David might kill him :o

FerrersLinda
10-30-2007, 09:08 PM

It's okay, I just didn't want you to think I don't know what I'm teaching.:cool: Which of course would be the truth.:p

:yeah: Fab example. How about: I'm going to think of a way to hurt him.

RogiFan88
if there's any player who deserves to be in Shanghai, it's David! ;) so happy for him!!!!!!!!!!!!

VAMOS, DAVID! get rid of those ugly pale shapeless legs...

FerrersLinda

alisia
Nice slow motion of him hitting a fh & his shirt just rode up to show enough midriff to make it interesting :devil:

Finally he wins :worship:

FerrersLinda
10-30-2007, 09:10 PM
if there's any player who deserves to be in Shanghai, it's David! ;) so happy for him!!!!!!!!!!!!

VAMOS, DAVID! get rid of those ugly pale shapeless legs...

Thank you RF:hug:

Fish legs :bolt:

RogiFan88
10-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FerrersLinda
10-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Okiedokie guys, I'm off to make myself presentable. Sleep with your fingers crossed please.

:wavey:

alisia
10-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Okiedokie guys, I'm off to make myself presentable. Sleep with your fingers crossed please.

Never happen :p

Try & not come home looking like a Smurf ;)

RogiFan88
10-30-2007, 09:39 PM
it will be so cool to see David in Shanghai! can't wait to see him in his outfit!! :lol:

RogiFan88
10-30-2007, 09:39 PM
...as long as he's not wearing a deep royal blue one... like AA did a few yrs ago... :lol:

LaTenista
10-31-2007, 01:45 AM
Berdych next :scared:

*Ljubica*
10-31-2007, 06:07 AM
Congrats David :worship: Even though I'll probably shock everyone here by admitting that I watched the first half an hour (shared between him and Tommy), and then went to bed at 8.00pm because I was sooooo tired that I felt sick :rolleyes: Reaction from the weekend and then going back to work I guess. Anyway -did manage a good close-up of the Fish legs having some kind of medical treatment before I went to sleep - made me think of Linda :eek: You missed a treat my dear :p

RogiFan88
10-31-2007, 04:15 PM
ALLEZ, DAVID, vs. Tomas tomorrow!!!! [hope we get to see this match on TV!]

alisia
10-31-2007, 10:54 PM
Oop for Thursday

Court 1 11.00 am

Eric Butorac / Frantisek Cermak vs Lukas Dlouhy / Pavel Vizner

followed by
Tommy Robredo vs Guillermo Canas

followed by
Paul-Henri Mathieu / Jarkko Nieminen vs Simon Aspelin / Julian Knowle

followed by
Tomas Berdych vs David Ferrer

followed by
Mark Knowles / Fabrice Santoro vs Jordan Kerr / Andre Sa

Sue
11-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi everyone, remember me ? ;-)
Soooooooooo happy for David going to Shanghai..how cool!
And VAMOS for today!!
xxxx

FerrersLinda
11-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Hi everyone, remember me ? ;-)
Soooooooooo happy for David going to Shanghai..how cool!
And VAMOS for today!!
xxxx

Sue?:scratch: Sue who?:confused:

:p

Of course we remember you.:hug: Welcome back. How are you? I've a sneaky suspicion you've secretly been traveling with team Ferrer and that's why we haven't heard from you for so long. I hope Javi is been good to you.;)

FerrersLinda
11-01-2007, 04:23 PM
David has just started. VAMOS:woohoo:

alisia
11-01-2007, 04:47 PM

My mummy is recording it for me :D He's serving for the 1st set :p

*Ljubica*
11-01-2007, 04:47 PM

He's currently serving for the 1st set at 5-4. Wearing black and looking good :)

FerrersLinda
11-01-2007, 04:50 PM
First set in the bag 6-4:woohoo:

Can't see him:awww:

*Ljubica*
11-01-2007, 04:53 PM
First set in the bag 6-4:woohoo:

Can't see him:awww:

He's playing well :) He has just replaced the black shirt with a strange looking blue one with mustard-coloured sleeves - not sure I like it much :( Berdych is whining and whingeing a lot now :rolleyes: Umpire Lahyani looks like he wants to laugh at him but must try not to :lol:

FerrersLinda
11-01-2007, 05:07 PM
He's playing well :) He has just replaced the black shirt with a strange looking blue one with mustard-coloured sleeves - not sure I like it much :( Berdych is whining and whingeing a lot now :rolleyes: Umpire Lahyani looks like he wants to laugh at him but must try not to :lol:

Checked the stats, he was serving at 80% in the first set.:eek:

I love Moh, he's so great.:) He always makes me smile. Whenever he's umpiring a match and I turn on the tv to watch it, I immediately know it's him because of his thundering voice.:lol:

*Ljubica*
11-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Checked the stats, he was serving at 80% in the first set.:eek:

I love Moh, he's so great.:) He always makes me smile. Whenever he's umpiring a match and I turn on the tv to watch it, I immediately know it's him because of his thundering voice.:lol:

Yes - I love him too :inlove: He's got lovely, twinkly eyes and a great sense of humour. Good umpire too :) Sadly our David is beginning to lose focus here a bit, and having the occasional strop (including English swear words :lol: ) though I think he should pull this one out.

FerrersLinda
11-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Yes - I love him too :inlove: He's got lovely, twinkly eyes and a great sense of humour. Good umpire too :) Sadly our David is beginning to lose focus here a bit, and having the occasional strop (including English swear words :lol: ) though I think he should pull this one out.

He is my favorite umpire. And the players seem to like and respect him too.:cool: Did you hear Roman retired? I hope he's taking the other half blind umpire aka Norm with him.:rolleyes:

English swear words:eek: How did he learn those?:confused: Or more importantly, who taught him those?:eek: Surely I'm now more than qualified to teach him English?:devil:

:secret: I bet it was Sue.

*Ljubica*
11-01-2007, 05:27 PM
He is my favorite umpire. And the players seem to like and respect him too.:cool: Did you hear Roman retired? I hope he's taking the other half blind umpire aka Norm with him.:rolleyes:

English swear words:eek: How did he learn those?:confused: Or more importantly, who taught him those?:eek: Surely I'm now more than qualified to teach him English?:devil:

:secret: I bet it was Sue.

Actually I didn't know Roman had retired. When was that?

And - yes - you're probably right about Sue - it would explain her absence for so long ;) - though in my experience of tennis world, even the players and coaches who can't really speak English, seem to know a few 4-letter words :devil: I'm sure you are eminently qualified to be David's English teacher though - suggest it to him in Miami :)

FerrersLinda
11-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Actually I didn't know Roman had retired. When was that?

And - yes - you're probably right about Sue - it would explain her absence for so long ;) - though in my experience of tennis world, even the players and coaches who can't really speak English, seem to know a few 4-letter words :devil: I'm sure you are eminently qualified to be David's English teacher though - suggest it to him in Miami :)

He retired after Madrid I believe.

Sue, naughty girl. During a match, I don't remember which one, a few months ago I did believe saw her sitting next to Javi.:sad:

Don't we all know a few 4-letter words.:devil: If David doesn't run from me, I'll suggest it.:D

Btw: :woohoo: he won!!!!

6-4, 6-2:worship:

*Ljubica*
11-01-2007, 05:53 PM
He retired after Madrid I believe.

Sue, naughty girl. During a match, I don't remember which one, a few months ago I did believe saw her sitting next to Javi.:sad:

Don't we all know a few 4-letter words.:devil: If David doesn't run from me, I'll suggest it.:D

Btw: :woohoo: he won!!!!

6-4, 6-2:worship:

Javi is a big boy now- I'm sure he can can cope with it :) Probably enjoyed it actually - Sue is a good looking lady!!

Sue
11-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome back chicas!(Ros - you're very kind, but maybe need some new glasses?!)
And actually its Javi who's been teaching me a few things.....ooooops...did I say that out loud ?

YAY for Davids win today!!

xx

alisia
11-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the welcome back chicas!(Ros - you're very kind, but maybe need some new glasses?!)
And actually its Javi who's been teaching me a few things.....ooooops...did I say that out loud ?

xx

Sueeeeeeee :worship: how come you're not still holding Javi's hand :confused: :p

I'm watching him play now :D thou the tape my mum's recorded on doesn't know whether it wants to be on SP or LP :mad:

alisia
11-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Oop for Friday

COURT CENTRAL

Matches Start At: 2:00 PM

Tommy ROBREDO (ESP) vs Marcos BAGHDATIS (CYP)

Not Before 4:00 PM

David NALBANDIAN (ARG) vs David FERRER (ESP)

followed by

Mikhail YOUZHNY (RUS) or
Tommy HAAS (GER) vs Rafael NADAL (ESP)

Not Before 9:00 PM

Andy MURRAY (GBR) vs Richard GASQUET (FRA)

I'll be at work when he plays :hysteric: at least I don't have the dilemma of whether or not to go shopping straight from work now :awww:

Sue
11-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Sueeeeeeee :worship: how come you're not still holding Javi's hand :confused: :p

I'm watching him play now :D thou the tape my mum's recorded on doesn't know whether it wants to be on SP or LP :mad:

I needed to go shopping for important items......I'll be back with Javi next time David plays. ;-)

Sue
11-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Oop for Friday

COURT CENTRAL

Matches Start At: 2:00 PM

Tommy ROBREDO (ESP) vs Marcos BAGHDATIS (CYP)

Not Before 4:00 PM

David NALBANDIAN (ARG) vs David FERRER (ESP)

followed by

Mikhail YOUZHNY (RUS) or
Tommy HAAS (GER) vs Rafael NADAL (ESP)

Not Before 9:00 PM

Andy MURRAY (GBR) vs Richard GASQUET (FRA)

I'll be at work when he plays :hysteric: at least I don't have the dilemma of whether or not to go shopping straight from work now :awww:

Vamos OUR David !!!

*Ljubica*
11-02-2007, 11:55 AM

xx

Sue :hug: It's so nice to have you back! And actually I DO need new glasses - I'm having an eye test next week :lol: - but I still think you're a pretty girl - and Javi has excellent taste :) I was in Paris earlier this week and I missed you there :awww: Hope to see you again soon.

*Ljubica*
11-02-2007, 03:07 PM
David is on court now - wearing the blue and mustard shirt again. So please, PLEASE, PLEASE, P L E A S E Sr. Ferrer - beat the unmentionable one :eek: :eek: I'm off to watch!

alisia
11-02-2007, 04:18 PM
He lost the first set 7-6 :smash:

FerrersLinda
11-02-2007, 05:14 PM

And won the second 7-6:woohoo:
What a fight!!!!

FerrersLinda
11-02-2007, 06:01 PM
And he lost the third:awww:

Can you say ugly match? But a good fight.:)

*Ljubica*
11-02-2007, 06:03 PM
And he lost the third:awww:

Can you say ugly match? But a good fight.:)

:awww: :sobbing: Not sure it was an ugly match - just a very long and tiring one - for players and spectators. Poor David :awww:

FerrersLinda
11-02-2007, 06:56 PM
:awww: :sobbing: Not sure it was an ugly match - just a very long and tiring one - for players and spectators. Poor David :awww:

Nalbi made so many unforced errors and our boy couldn't take advantage of them.:rolleyes: So, ugly in that way.

Don't think Javi is getting paid this week after that challenge.:lol:

alisia
11-02-2007, 07:12 PM
So is it worth watching :confused:

FerrersLinda
11-02-2007, 07:39 PM
So is it worth watching :confused:

Yes eventhough the match was ugly it was exciting, the boy looked good and the handshake/hug at the end was nice.:)

*Ljubica*
11-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Nalbi made so many unforced errors and our boy couldn't take advantage of them.:rolleyes: So, ugly in that way.

Don't think Javi is getting paid this week after that challenge.:lol:

Javi looked super gorgeous though - don't you think :inlove:

And - yes Ali - he tried hard and fought well - I would say it's worth watching - perhaps just forget about the 3rd set though :o

FerrersLinda
11-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Javi looked super gorgeous though - don't you think :inlove:

And - yes Ali - he tried hard and fought well - I would say it's worth watching - perhaps just forget about the 3rd set though :o

He did look very ..... ehum ...... healthy.:hearts:

*Ljubica*
11-02-2007, 07:51 PM
He did look very ..... ehum ...... healthy.:hearts:

:haha: That's one way to describe it I guess! Seems our Sue has been looking after him well ;)

alisia
11-02-2007, 08:06 PM
OK I'll watch it tomorrow morning whilst I'm waiting in for my new bed to arrive :D

Sue
11-08-2007, 01:00 PM
:haha: That's one way to describe it I guess! Seems our Sue has been looking after him well ;)

Well, you know how it Ros...he looks after me...I look after him ;-)

FerrersLinda
11-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Well, you know how it Ros...he looks after me...I look after him ;-)

Sue:wavey: you sneaked in to post this?:eek: Like I'm not jealous enough yet.:sad: