Player Party [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Player Party

kattak
10-24-2006, 11:53 PM
Has anyone ever been to any of the pre tournament player parties that are held prior to the tournament starting.? If so what is it like?

vogus
10-25-2006, 12:02 AM
i went to the USOpen player party a couple years ago. It was pretty cool. There were big trays of snacks and an open bar, and Jim Courier's band played.

El Legenda
10-25-2006, 01:11 AM
i've been to couple in Cincy AMS, it was in the Marriot Hotel, so im not sure if it was the official, or just the hotel being nice. but they had a BBQ and drinks around the pool.

Fee
10-25-2006, 01:19 AM
Been to two Challenger player parties. They were very nice, at the homes of some fairly wealthy people near the club. Good food, decent conversations, nice people. Plenty of beer and wine around, but no one got drunk or anything because there were matches to be played the next day.

Alvarillo
10-25-2006, 08:09 AM
i've been in ATP Valencia's partis 2 last years
and very nice ones
the first year JC Ferrero was drunk :lol: it was very very funny listening him shouting in the street :lol: and Kuerten smoking was :eek: :lol:

this year was also funny with Costa and Lopez there.

and i didn't go but a friend who went this year to Madrid's one (on ... Thursday night) Robredo was also drunk and Roddick .... Andy left the party with a model ballgirl in his hands :worship: :lol:
and she's a friend of mine so i believe her!

scarecrows
10-25-2006, 09:38 AM
and very nice ones
the first year JC Ferrero was drunk :lol: it was very very funny listening him shouting in the street :lol: and Kuerten smoking was :eek: :lol:

and i didn't go but a friend who went this year to Madrid's one (on ... Thursday night) Robredo was also drunk and Roddick .... Andy left the party with a model ballgirl in his hands :worship: :lol:

nice way to forget a defeat

Saumon
10-25-2006, 11:15 AM
and very nice ones

I thought he had a gf back home in Texas :scratch: :p

Pigpen Stinks
10-25-2006, 01:06 PM
Well, if she was in Texas, and he was in Madrid.....:devil:

Nathaliia
10-25-2006, 01:19 PM
I have been to player parties and moreover as a journalist I was to report them for official tournaments' websites.

alfonsojose
10-25-2006, 01:31 PM
and very nice ones

drunk ATP players :drool: :aplot:

kattak
10-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Has anyone been to the NASDAQ-100 player party in Miami?

enqvistfan
10-25-2006, 03:24 PM
I thought he had a gf back home in Texas :scratch: :p

But he's not dating with Sharapova ???? :lol:

GermanBoy
10-25-2006, 03:27 PM
i went to the USOpen player party a couple years ago. It was pretty cool. There were big trays of snacks and an open bar, and Jim Courier's band played.

How did you manage to go to this party? I think it is not that easy to get access to these events. Would love to go to a players' party one day.

vogus
10-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Has anyone been to the NASDAQ-100 player party in Miami?

been to that one once when i lived in SoFla, it was at one of the South Beach clubs, but there were not too many players there, just a lot of models and such.

amierin
10-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Tennis players are said to be the most boring of pro athletes. All that thinking about the perfect shot.