>``<Turning point for FEDERER & HEWITT> apparently Rogi got Llegs gf/wife up the duff [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

>``<Turning point for FEDERER & HEWITT> apparently Rogi got Llegs gf/wife up the duff

CmonAussie
10-24-2006, 01:05 PM
:wavey:
It`s debatable about the turning point in Federer`s career~>> of course it`s easy to point to his 1st Wimbledon triumph in 2003 & that was perhaps the moment:confused: Federer often mentions winning Hamburg TMS in 2002 over Safin as crucial, since it showed him that he could win big tournaments:cool: Also the TMC in 03 where Roger finally beat Agassi is listed as a possible tourning point;)
However the one that really turned Federer into a monster was Davis Cup 2003, when he lost to Hewitt for the 7th time in 9-meetings after leading 2-sets to love & a break in the 3rd:eek:
What do you think~> is this the moment that Fed said "no more Mr.Nice Guy:devil: ":confused:

#:sad: Counterwise ~> is this the moment that Hewitt got too cocky for his own boots & started to believe his own press instead of just knuckling down & focussing on the job at hand:eek: >> Leading to his gradual fall from grace as a top contender for best player of his generation:confused:

Here`s the footage of Hewitt`s last [ever?] victory over Federer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVKC8tgwl_E

Purple Rainbow
10-24-2006, 01:14 PM
I think a turning point for Hewitt was the US Open final in 2004.
Hewitt was making a strong comeback after a horrible 2003.
Hewitt was playing as strong as ever and very tenacious. He was having the eye of the tiger if you will, playing the way that made him become the youngest number 1 ever.
Unfortunately for Hewitt, he ran into a flawless Federer, who humiliated him 6-0 7-6 6-0. I think tis match seriously dented Hewitt's confidence. To play as well as you can and then to have absolutely no chance against your opponent has got to leave a serious scar on a player who is used to winning.

SaFed2005
10-24-2006, 01:58 PM
I never saw that match and really enjoyed watching that clip. I kinda miss Hewitt now... he doesnt seem to have that same presence on court that he used to.

MisterQ
10-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Thanks for that clip. I never had the chance to see that epic. :)

WF4EVER
10-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Hewitt was playing as strong as ever and very tenacious. He was having the eye of the tiger if you will, playing the way that made him become the youngest number 1 ever.
Unfortunately for Hewitt, he ran into a flawless Federer, who humiliated him 6-0 7-6 6-0. I think tis match seriously dented Hewitt's confidence. To play as well as you can and then to have absolutely no chance against your opponent has got to leave a serious scar on a player who is used to winning.

I would have agreed with you except it was not the first time that Roger had ever beaten him nor the first time he beat him since Lleyton's domination of him.

If Roger had anything to do with the decline of Lleyton I think it was just the realization that Roger had found an answer for him. By USO 2004 Roger had already beaten him at OZ, with a bagel, and also beat him at Hamburg as well. If anything that USO final loss could have been the final straw, but singly, I don't agree with that.

And I agree to a large extent, with CmonAussie, that the DC loss was a huge wake-up call for Roger. It was a devastating loss which, IMO, made a man out of him.

buzz
10-24-2006, 02:18 PM

Yes I agree he was in top form here but his top has just never be as high as federers top. He probalbly realised I can never be good enough to beat federer in top form.........

Hagar
10-24-2006, 03:43 PM
I don't think there really has been a turning point. Federer has always been known as a great talent, it just took him some time to put his game together. I also think that the fact that the death of his coach has affected him for a while.
As for Hewitt, I still think he is really a special player, one of the best out there. But he needs to be physically fit to bring his best game. I really hope he can find his old form because I think he plays wonderful tennis.

alfonsojose
10-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Lleyton's turning point was not wearing a condom while banging a celebrity

CmonAussie
10-24-2006, 04:03 PM
I don't think there really has been a turning point. Federer has always been known as a great talent, it just took him some time to put his game together. I also think that the fact that the death of his coach has affected him for a while.
As for Hewitt, I still think he is really a special player, one of the best out there. But he needs to be physically fit to bring his best game. I really hope he can find his old form because I think he plays wonderful tennis.
Maybe you`re right Hagar:cool: ..
>>
~~I can`t say for sure that there was a turning point but certainly from the outside looking in that DC match in 2003 seemed to be:sad:
Federer obviously always had great talent & the death of Carter must have affected him:sad:

Hewitt always had fire & guts>> tennis just seemed to be in his blood:devil: , but with the breakup to Clijsters & marriage to a certain H & R actress things seemed to have changed:sad:
However I am an optimist & I still believe Hewitt can physically compete with the best if tennis becomes his priority again for an extended period of time:angel: .. I`m thinking about a 2-year plan;) ~> similiar to what Agassi did from late 1997 & culminating with his win at the FO in 1999:worship:

CmonAussie
10-24-2006, 04:05 PM

:eek: ~ It`s very blunt but I almost totally agree with you:mad:

Action Jackson
10-24-2006, 04:07 PM
DC 2003.

CmonAussie
10-24-2006, 04:09 PM
DC 2003.
Yeah you tipped me off mate:cool: ~> So I found the footage & wept:sad:

alfonsojose
10-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Kim was there :sad: That Golowhore and Lleyton :fiery: :mad:

alfonsojose
10-24-2006, 04:24 PM
JesusFed lost to Ferrero in Madrid, so i'd say it was TMC 2003 for him. And Lleyton, again, cheap sex, wife and kids :shrug:

CmonAussie
10-25-2006, 05:31 AM
I would have agreed with you except it was not the first time that Roger had ever beaten him nor the first time he beat him since Lleyton's domination of him.

If Roger had anything to do with the decline of Lleyton I think it was just the realization that Roger had found an answer for him. By USO 2004 Roger had already beaten him at OZ, with a bagel, and also beat him at Hamburg as well. If anything that USO final loss could have been the final straw, but singly, I don't agree with that.

And I agree to a large extent, with CmonAussie, that the DC loss was a huge wake-up call for Roger. It was a devastating loss which, IMO, made a man out of him.
Yeah that`s exactly what I was trying to say:cool: ... Basically Federer had always been thought of as a great talent but not exactly mentally tough:sad: .. Anyway he got tough in a big way after that DC loss~>> winning 24-finals straight & 9/10 Grand Slam finals:devil: :worship:

DrJules
10-25-2006, 06:53 AM

Yes.

Hewitt has other interests in life and is no longer fully committed to tennis. Combining family and tennis is obviously very difficult if you want to be number 1.

Fed-Express
10-25-2006, 07:59 AM
:haha:
Yes, but why did he have the time to bang this celebrity in the first place? Because he realized that with Roger he is never going to be No. 1 again, so he decided to have some fun with Bec, otherwise he would have been training or working out :o
Thus follows that indirectly Roger is the real father of Mia cause he made it possible for Hewitt to have sex with Bec :D
QED

alfonsojose
10-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Thus follows that indirectly Roger is the real father of Mia cause he made it possible for Hewitt to have sex with Bec :D
QED

LMAO !!

CmonAussie
10-25-2006, 01:02 PM
:haha:
Yes, but why did he have the time to bang this celebrity in the first place? Because he realized that with Roger he is never going to be No. 1 again, so he decided to have some fun with Bec, otherwise he would have been training or working out :o
QED
:D
I knew it all along~~>> Federer was indirectly cheating on Mirka & impregnating Hewitt`s foxy H & A actress gf/wife:devil: ... That Roger looks like a nice guy but beneath the surface he just wants to get gals up the duff:eek:

tripb19
10-25-2006, 01:03 PM
I was there and had very good seats. :)

Didn't think about it much at the time.

PamV
10-25-2006, 01:04 PM
I think I've heard Roger say that his win against Sampras at Wimbledon was one turning point. He also mentions the Wimbledon 2003 win and the 2003 TMC.

Fed-Express
10-25-2006, 01:19 PM
:D
That Roger looks like a nice guy but beneath the surface he just wants to get gals up the duff:eek:

Well, who doesn't ;)?

Fumus
10-25-2006, 01:37 PM
I miss Hewitt.

Hewitt come back! Bring Coria with you.

Bagelicious
10-25-2006, 03:21 PM
I was there and had very good seats. :)

Didn't think about it much at the time.

You had seats for Bec's impregnation? :eek: :haha:

MarieS
10-25-2006, 03:30 PM