Vote on Your Challenge System [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Vote on Your Challenge System

lordmanji
10-23-2006, 07:43 AM
State reason why.

lordmanji
10-23-2006, 07:48 AM
I am all for 3 challenges plus 1 tiebreak and letting players challenge without use of a challenge. 3 encourages use of beginning, mid and end. Still has the "entertainment" quality while not slowing down game too much like unlimited would. And it doesnt make sense to have players waste challenges on umpire calls. how this works is only on overrules.

i love the challenge system btw. it really gives players recourse when they think theyve been wronged and allows them to get their head in the match allowing for higher quality tennis. i was at a challenger event and there were quite a few bad calls there. the players steam and feel cheated, the fans feel cheated and negativity towards the sport -- its a no win situation. now we have positive fan participation yelling "challenge" instead of watching an ugly mcenroe blowup.

General Suburbia
10-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Mcenroe blows up even with the challenge system. He just stared at the screen in disbelief in one of the Champions event when his challenge was wrong. He didn't necessarily blow up, but I could tell he wanted to.