Your wishes for 2007 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Your wishes for 2007

Pages : [1] 2

Rogiman
10-23-2006, 12:08 AM
I know, season isn't officially over yet, but last week in Madrid with everyone playing made me think about several players in different stages of their careers and how I would like next year to be their breakthrough year.

(*) Gonzo: for all of his great form of late and success in the TMS events this year, his poor results at the Slams can't be ignored.
He has made the QFs of three different Slams, and I hope next year (as he approaches 27) he will be able to take it to the next level and make at least a SF.

(*) Berdych: I'm pretty sure by now almost everyone agrees the guy has a great game that can translate well to almost all surfaces, what he doesn't have is a QF appearance at a Slam, and anyone with that kind of game should aim to win at least one GS, especially when the guy is a sure bet whenever a 5th set is played.
I would love the BirdMan to make a strong statement at the Slams next year, as well as finish in the upper half of the top 10.

(*)Djokovic: A game with no weaknesses, great mental strength and maturity (despite some physical issues and leftovers of gamesmanship, probably from his junior days), proven ability on various surfaces, his game isn't my cup of tea but it's clear he's as good as almost everyone in the top 10 already, and I would like his results at the Slams and TMS events to show for it. Somehow I know they will.

(*) Murray: An intelligent player with already a nice list of scalps to his name, I would love him to improve on the physical side and play with more explosiveness. No doubt in my mind his 1st GS QF is around the corner, and he should aim to much more.
I'd love him to finish in the top 10.

(*) Gasquet: By now we all know he's not another Federer, and this year he has been cold, hot and cold again. Federer or not, it's time he started to realize 5% of his potential and although he's merely 20 the fact he hasn't made it past the 4th round of a Slam yet is shocking to me. He will, tough, and the sooner the better, and since I'd love him to one day threaten to win Slams, I'd love him to make his 1st Slam final in 2007 :p

bluefork
10-23-2006, 12:24 AM
I want Safin to stay healthy (physically and mentally) and I want him to win another Grand Slam and make it back into the top 4. A guy that talented should have more than two Grand Slams to his name.

Go Marat. You can do it. :)

revolution
10-23-2006, 12:43 AM
Murray- making the top 10 will be ok as long as he keeps improving and gets physically tougher so he can outhit opponents.

Oh and I'd like to see Federer win Roland Garros.

atheneglaukopis
10-23-2006, 02:12 AM
Federer: What I said last year, calendar Grand Slam. Also, improve h2h vs. Nadal.
Safin: Back in the top five and some good titles to his name. I wouldn't say no to a major, in fact I'd be over the moon, but I would really like to see Roger win all four just once, and then my other faves can start winning.
Nadal: Improve hard court results.

Chileno
10-23-2006, 02:16 AM
I agree with Rogiman. I'll add Safin to the list, I'd like him to challenge Roger once more.

TMJordan
10-23-2006, 02:22 AM
Marat Safin- Worlds number 1 :p

LilyRoseAva
10-23-2006, 02:27 AM
My wishes

- Federer number one + french open
- Berdych top five + 1 slam (usopen that will be perfect)
- Gasquet top five + some tennis masters series
- Safin in the top 5
- Nadal winner AO why not ?

Djokovic, Murray,Nalbandian, Roddick, Hewitt in the top 10

Korolev, DelPotro in the top 20

and i want to see France winning davis cup with Gasquet and Monfils .

:wavey:

Bayo
10-23-2006, 02:28 AM
Early wishes?

I want Nadal to win the Aussie and Roger to win RG.

I'll leave it at that for now.

ExcaliburII
10-23-2006, 02:32 AM
Nalbandian winning wimbledon, cañas returning to top 10, del Potro top 20, and hewitt returning to the top 5

Jimnik
10-23-2006, 02:34 AM
I'd like to see neither Federer nor Nadal win any slams next year.

I want Roddick, Safin and Nalbandian to win the slams.

I'd also like to see Ferrero get his forehand, and hence his old form, back.

The ideal scenario would be 3 or 4 players challenging for the #1 ranking.

jcempire
10-23-2006, 02:47 AM
I'd like to see neither Federer nor Nadal win any slams next year.

I want Roddick, Safin and Nalbandian to win the slams.

I'd also like to see Ferrero get his forehand, and hence his old form, back.

The ideal scenario would be 3 or 4 players challenging for the #1 ranking.

"3 or 4 players challenging for the #1 ranking"..............................

I hope to see that, But I still think that won't happen next year

We need a young guy to come out to beat Roger, I think 3 or 4 young Teens do have that chance to come out. But who will be the guy to beat Roger,
We need wait for 2008

I don't even think, Roddick, Nalbandian, Blakes, Safin, Nadal, All five guys will stay at Top 10, but they still not enought to challenging for the #1 ranking

And also
Berdych, Gonzo, Gasquet and Murray-------Those four players will possibly join Top 10.

Cristine
10-23-2006, 02:49 AM
I know, season isn't officially over yet, but last week in Madrid with everyone playing made me think about several players in different stages of their careers and how I would like next year to be their breakthrough year.

(*) Gonzo: for all of his great form of late and success in the TMS events this year, his poor results at the Slams can't be ignored.
He has made the QFs of three different Slams, and I hope next year (as he approaches 27) he will be able to take it to the next level and make at least a SF.

(*) Berdych: I'm pretty sure by now almost everyone agrees the guy has a great game that can translate well to almost all surfaces, what he doesn't have is a QF appearance at a Slam, and anyone with that kind of game should aim to win at least one GS, especially when the guy is a sure bet whenever a 5th set is played.
I would love the BirdMan to make a strong statement at the Slams next year, as well as finish in the upper half of the top 10.

(*)Djokovic: A game with no weaknesses, great mental strength and maturity (despite some physical issues and leftovers of gamesmanship, probably from his junior days), proven ability on various surfaces, his game isn't my cup of tea but it's clear he's as good as almost everyone in the top 10 already, and I would like his results at the Slams and TMS events to show for it. Somehow I know they will.

(*) Murray: An intelligent player with already a nice list of scalps to his name, I would love him to improve on the physical side and play with more explosiveness. No doubt in my mind his 1st GS QF is around the corner, and he should aim to much more.

(*) Gasquet: By now we all know he's not another Federer, and this year he has been cold, hot and cold again. Federer or not, it's time he started to realize 5% of his potential and although he's merely 20 the fact he hasn't made it past the 4th round of a Slam yet is shocking to me. He will, tough, and the sooner the better, and since I'd love him to one day threaten to win Slams, I'd love him to make his 1st Slam final in 2007 :p

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

deliveryman
10-23-2006, 02:49 AM
That Roger wins RG.

Action Jackson
10-23-2006, 02:55 AM
Federer to win RG.

Corey Feldman
10-23-2006, 03:04 AM
-No1. Fed wins Wimbledon.... all the rest dont matter too much.

-but muzza to also make a big impact at wimby, any slam.
-safin and hewitt to get back in the top5 joining roddick.
-ferrero and coria to get back their clay games.
-henman to win a tournamant, match.. something.
-berdych to beat nadal in madrid again.
-nadal to suck on clay :lol:
-tojo to get back to good form as well.
-nalbandian to get roasted by henman or anyone time and time and time and again.
-someone beat Ljubo in vienna.
-to watch canas play again, clean.
-robredo and davy-d to further their achievments so not to make their top10 places look as dodgy as many seem to always say.
-spadea to beat blake in 5 at the us open.

thats from the top of my head for now, the first one- is the main one.

Action Jackson
10-23-2006, 03:12 AM
Well I have one that Mr Disney is proven to be so incompetent that he has to be sacked.

leng jai
10-23-2006, 03:14 AM
I just want either Haas or Safin to make a good run at the Aus Open, and also for the rest of the year. Most importantly I hope they stay injury free. Hopefully Federer only wins 1 slam (2 max) and gets beaten on a regular basis.

Allure
10-23-2006, 03:16 AM
Gasquet win one slam and breaks into the top 10.

artlinkletter
10-23-2006, 03:16 AM
The main thing that I am hoping for, is for Roger to continue playing his high level of tennis. As for slams, winning the French Open and/or Wimbledon would be ideal. I wish Coria will return to his top 10 ways, but I am not going to hold my breath. I also wish Lleyton can get past his injuries as well. Perhaps also for Safin to continue climbing the ranks, possibly making it to the top 10.

I would also like to see a final contested between Roger and Marat, for pure entertainment value.

Bayo
10-23-2006, 03:19 AM
Gasquet win one slam and breaks into the top 10.
That would be nice too.

bad gambler
10-23-2006, 03:44 AM
Federer to win French Open. If he does that he will win the grand slam so no wish required there.

Also Hewitt to be injury free.

Metis
10-23-2006, 03:49 AM
I wish for...

Marcos to win AO. :)
Nadal to pull a Bjorg winning RG and Wimbledon.
Safin to get back to the top 10.

me to finally manage to go to a tournament (preferably a GS) and watch some matches live! :)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
10-23-2006, 05:12 AM
No more dominance pls :rolleyes:

*Viva Chile*
10-23-2006, 05:41 AM
Marat come to Chile for DC :D and come back to top 10
Fernando winning a AMS (specially if Federer decides to not play there) :ras:
Decent result for chileans in GS

Bad Religion
10-23-2006, 06:09 AM
Rafa leading 10-2 the H2H v/s his pigeon Roger the bitter one :) :)

The version of Ferrero 2003

The old Lleyton .

Marat finding his brain .

Moya until 2009 at least

Jenny´s comeback , Lena D winning the US Open , Kim Clijsters healthy , Martina happy , Nastya being Nastya ( don´t retire please )

Fed-Express
10-23-2006, 06:51 AM
The Calendar Year Grand slam would be such a historical achievement and it would be great to witness that.

mrserenawilliams
10-23-2006, 06:59 AM
From #1 ------->

1. Roger - stay the same, you're playing perfectly really
2. Rafa- win RG, and another major
3. James- win an AMS title, get to a GS final, top #3
4. Andy- win an AMS title, year end #3 dogfight with Blake
5. Murray- get to Wimbly quarters @ least, get to an AMS semi or better
6. Gael- win a big title
7. Donald- WIN A MATCH
8. MARAT- COME BACK STRONG and HEALTHY

WTA: Will the REAL Serena Williams please return

Puschkin
10-23-2006, 07:14 AM
Federer to win RG.

:yeah: and Gasquet ending Nadal's clay court steak, preferably in Roland Garros.
Read carefully: tennis gods. I did not want him to end Roger's grass streak, and certainly not at Wimbledon.

RonE
10-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Roger to win RG and at least one of the two clay TMS'es he hasn't won.

Castafiore
10-23-2006, 07:31 AM
Okay, while we are daydreaming:

Malisse to win a tournament...it can be a small tournament, a micky mouse tournament if you wish but as long as he finally wins one again. Preferably against Ollie Rochus in the final but X-Man has got to be the winner.

Coria to win at least a clay court title in a final against Gaudio.

Nadal to defend his RG title and win the AO...I'm asking a lot here really but it's still what I'm hoping for.

Safin to win the US Open

Hewitt to at least reach the final in Wimbledon...dare I hope for a victory?

Loftra
10-23-2006, 07:45 AM
Safin to get back in the top 5 together with Roddick and Ljubicic
Joachim Johansson to get back to the top 20
Ivo Karlovic to win a tournament
Olivier Rochus and Kristof Vliegen to stay where they are at least and make any possible improvement.

fanancic
10-23-2006, 08:07 AM
I hope that Mario will make a wonderfull season...(winning a master...or a GC)
and that he will be in the top 8.:)
I hope that gasquet will make a fantastic season...this guy very talented...:)

Exodus
10-23-2006, 08:33 AM
i want safin to win AO and FO
nadal to lose all his big titles

fanancic
10-23-2006, 08:35 AM
nadal to lose all his big titles

Me too!!:) I am agree!!

landoud
10-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Roger to win the french open

silverwhite
10-23-2006, 09:41 AM
We've been saying it for years but PHM is in need of a brain. I hope he gets one by 2007, preferably.

Mrs. B
10-23-2006, 10:20 AM
RF-RG

Xristos
10-23-2006, 10:29 AM
For Christopher Spiropoulos to turn pro.

Elam
10-23-2006, 10:39 AM
I wish Ferrero to take at least a title and get back to top 10.

oz_boz
10-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Berdych winning AO defeating Federer in the final.

Fed winning RG over Nadal & Wim over Murray.

Nadal winning USO defeating Blake.

Safin winning 5 MS, and Nalby 4.

PimPim df. Söderling in the Barcelona final, and Vinci df. Nadal in Dubai.

aussie_fan
10-23-2006, 10:55 AM
1. Hewitt- to sty injury free and try and reach the top 10
2. Philippousis- Stay healthy and get into top 100 and stay there
3. Guccione- get some coordination and some solid result and should be able to crack intot he top 100
4. Luzcak- Stop losing to players that you shouldn't who are ranked at least 300 places lower than you
5. Lindhal- Get some challenger results going, maybe even win one or two and get close to cracking the top 100

stebs
10-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Nadal can have AO. Then Roger wins RG and Wimbledon. Then I want a great US Open with all the big guns in the QF's. Roger Federer, Marat Safin, Rafa Nadal, Dave Nalbandian, Richie Gasquet, Lleyton Hewitt, Andy Roddick and Tomas Berdych.

Also, I want to see many of the young guns in and around top 10. Murray, Gasquet, Berdych, Djokovic and Baghdatis should all be in the top 20 for sure and hopefully all in the top 15 with a good few of them in top 10.

FSRteam
10-23-2006, 11:13 AM
federer wins roland-garros!!! :)

Dem0
10-23-2006, 11:14 AM
- Roger Federer to win Roland Garros & Wimbledon
- Safin to win Australian Open and/or Us Open and to be in the top 5.
- Nalbandian to play against Nadal (would like to see that match) and to reach a GS final again.
- Berdych to stay in the top 10, to reach a GS semifinal and to win a TMS.
- Gasquet, González, Tursunov, Robredo: Have good results, be in the Top 15 and be in a TMS final.
- Cañas & J. Johansson & Coria to be back, at least in the top 30.
- Almagro not to win a single match :smash: :lol:
- Del Potro to be in the Top 30, win an ATP tournament (a small one) and reach Quarterfinal in a TMS.

That's all for 2007. I would also like to add some wishes for this year too:
- Safin or Berdych or Federer to win TMS Paris
- Argentina to win Davis Cup

*Ljubica*
10-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Roger to win RG
Tim Henman to win Wimbledon (OK I can dream)
David Ferrer and Fernando Gonzalez to win their first Masters Series events
Del Potro to get into the Top 30 and win at least one ATP title
Safin to stay healthy all year
Some new Grand Slam winners - perhaps Baghdatis and Blake (Henman at WImbledon would be the 3rd of course)
To see Xristos play :)

NeverSayDie
10-23-2006, 12:37 PM
2007 Grand Slam winners:
AO- Rafael Nadal
FO- Rafael Nadal
Wimby- Richard Gasquet
USO- Richard Gasquet

:p ;):)

BORO77
10-23-2006, 01:00 PM
I would like Mario to win Wimbledon:)
Rafa or Davydenko to win RG, Nalbandian or Haas AO, Blake or Haas US,
and i would love it if Fedex would win less then 5 tournaments:D :D
it is getting so boring:mad:

and of course Croatia to win the DC:worship:

Nathaliia
10-23-2006, 02:52 PM
RR to be a huge bummer and Mr Disney gets sacked.

Plus traditionally, Monfils to win RG, Del Potro Wimbledon, Korolev Aussie Open and PimPim the US Open.

Michal Przysiezny to win Sopot and me to go to many tournaments and see a lot of high class tennis.

enqvistfan
10-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Gonzalez : to win a grand slam or a TMS, to be in the top 5, and stay healthy

Moya : To come back and stay healthy

Federer : To win Roland-Garros (if he's not in final against Gonzalez :) )

Guga's come back :)

CmonAussie
10-23-2006, 04:02 PM
1. Hewitt to win Wimby
2. Federer to win FO
3. Nadal to win AO
4. Safin to win USO
~>> Seriously if that scenario were to happen I would feel there was perfect harmony in the tennis World.xoxox

PS. TMS titles to be shared by the same four players & Shanghai TMC to be won by Hewitt over Nadal in 5-sets!! Am I hoping for too much??

PS 2..Hewitt & Nadal are also welcome to trade those Slams~>> ie.Hewitt at AO & Nadal at Wimby!

LK_22
10-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Good choices :yeah: would also like to see Safin back where he belongs in the rankings and for Federer to finally win the French Open

My biggest hope though has to be Henman breaking at least the top 20 again, but holding out for top 10 ;)

Blue Heart24
10-23-2006, 07:07 PM
I wish Ljubicic wins a slam,but that's fucking impossible,because he's a fucking headcase

ezekiel
10-23-2006, 07:10 PM
top 5 for Novak
Major finals and some wins. Getting over his physical challenges

Rafa to get over his sophomore slump, he is trying as always.

Top 3 in no particular order
Rafa, Roger, Novak

Blue Heart24
10-23-2006, 07:12 PM
and i wish Nadal loses in first round at Monte Carlo,Rome and Roland Garros

El Legenda
10-23-2006, 07:17 PM
My wish for 2007 would be to win 1,000,000,000$...thats pretty much it

ishiphonehome
10-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Australian open- Murray
French open - Federer
Wimbledon - HENMAN!!!!! :devil:
Us open - Gasquet

Clara Bow
10-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Nadal is so disappointеd that he kills himself after the match. And we all live happily ever after (not all but most of us ).

Boy- so now the boards have become so mean-spirited that we are wishing for suicide. I'm sorry- I just don't find jokes about suicide funny. (And you never know if posters have had experience someone that they have known having killed themselves. I can tell you from experience, it is an awful, awful feeling to have lost someone that way.) Nor do I enjoy that this board is now about wishing death for players.

In addition to many wishes-

* Baghdatis to become consistant and get a good title.
* Gonzo and Ljubicic to get a MS title.
* For there to be an American male during the second week of Wimbledon.
* For Gaquet and Monfils to be consistant and make good runs at the GSs.
* For Rafa to win a GS not on clay.
* For Federer to be the SI Sportman of the Year- if he is not named so this year.
* Henman to beat Murray for the Wimbledon title while I am in attendance.
* For MTF to maybe be a bit less hateful.

El Legenda
10-23-2006, 07:26 PM
damn i just did a triple post at once :lol:

El Legenda
10-23-2006, 07:27 PM
for Ljubicic
Stay in the top 5

QF or better at all GS( FO might be hard) QF or better at all TMS..even clay..since he can play on clay.
5 titles

El Legenda
10-23-2006, 07:27 PM
for Ljubicic
Stay in the top 5

QF or better at all GS( FO might be hard) QF or better at all TMS..even clay..since he can play on clay.
5 titles

tennisgal_001
10-23-2006, 07:28 PM
Federer: Win the calendar Slam & YEC :D, or at least Wimby n' FO.
Nadal: Economize his game, and that does not mean playing less events!!!
Safin: Back in the top-5 where he really belongs. A Slam final, and an AMS wouldn't hurt.
Blake: TO PERRFORM AT SLAMS, AND WIN HIS FIRST EVER 5-SETTER IN A SLAM SEMIFINAL.
Ancic: Stay healthy for the whole season, and stay in the top-10 on a consistent basis.
Gasquet: PLAY LIKE HE CAN!!! but stay healthy all year long, and get decent draws...
Hewitt: To get that fire back... funny how we used to bitch about him, but now that he's down we want him back!
Berdych: More AMS finals, reach a Slam final, top-10 year-end rank.
Djokovic: Stay healthy, no more "ret." next to his name.
Murray: Become more alive on a tennis court, reach Wimby final, top-10.

This is what's on my mind so far...

Kip
10-23-2006, 07:30 PM
Federer wins the Grand Slam.
Ancic & Bagdahtis make a GS Final.
Hewitt returns to top 10.
Guga returns.

Checho
10-23-2006, 07:30 PM
Nalbandian: to win Wimbledon, the US Open and become the new number one player in the world.

Coria: to return to the Top five and to win Roland Garros.

Del Potro: to be a top twenty and to win a Master Series.

Argentina: to win the Davis Cup.

I know that all i'm asking is almost impossible, but to dream is free.

Clara Bow
10-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Coria: to return to the Top five and to win Roland Garros.

I would really love to see Coria win RG. :)

tennisgal_001
10-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Some more:

Baghdatis: Perform at mickey mouse events AS WELL AS Slams. I find it shameful someone of his caliber has one title to his name ONLY.

Del Potro: Top-20 by the end of the year

Tursunov: To remain the ATP's resident blogger, and write at least one entry per week. oh yes, and more success on the court :p

Ferrero: to play ball!!!

oz_boz
10-23-2006, 08:13 PM
RR to be a huge bummer and Mr Disney gets sacked.

:lol: good one, I cross my fingers.

I also wish that safinalium gets lots of soap in his/her eyes whenever he/she takes a shower. (That probably won't happen be very often, so don't say I'm mean!)

mallorn
10-23-2006, 08:20 PM
So first a poster wishes Rafa death in a plane crash and now this:
there is this dream final... safin vs nadal, french open 2007, Safin wins in three sets, Nadal is so disappointеd that he kills himself after the match. And we all live happily ever after (not all but most of us :worship: ).
Wow.

CB :hug: :hug: :sad: :sad:

mallorn
10-23-2006, 08:22 PM
My wishes:

For Rafa - to find a happy medium and win two GS titles

For Marat - to win big titles again and be happier with himself

For Marcos - to be more consistent and keep shining

For Gonzo - to keep improving and win a big title

For Gaston and Coria - to come back strong

For the ATP Blog - to continue

For MTF - not to see posts like the one I quoted ever again

Julio1974
10-23-2006, 09:16 PM
Coria, to come back to the top 20.

A different winner in each GS

guga2120
10-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Kuerten comes back healthy and plays well in Paris:yeah:
Nadal wins wimbledon, good luck to him hes going to need it.:D
James Blake wins the US Open
Federer and Nadal play in atleast 2 grandslam finals against each other.

Nathaliia
10-23-2006, 10:19 PM
:lol: good one, I cross my fingers.

I also wish that safinalium gets lots of soap in his/her eyes whenever he/she takes a shower. (That probably won't happen be very often, so don't say I'm mean!)

Why did you emigrate from the social country Sweden? :) Of taxes? :p

You are mean anyway :p

(sorry for offtopic...... but my wish is to visit Stockholm once again so it's still kind of related).

vincayou
10-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Federer to win RG. If not him, Coria or Gasquet.

*julie*
10-23-2006, 10:29 PM
We've been saying it for years but PHM is in need of a brain. I hope he gets one by 2007, preferably.

I second this.

I also want to see Federer win RG and the young guns in the top 10. :)

Alexiana
10-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Tommy Haas to finally have a year without injuries or sickness and to win a TMS or GS (ok ok won't happen...)

Germany to win against Croatia in DC and to do well in the other rounds too.

Nicolas Kiefer to finally win a tournament after so many years of bad luck and ... sillyness in finals

Gaudio to finally find his form again

Nadal to win AO and RG and to improve on other surfaces.

Federer to pleeease not blog about sitting on the toilet... and he should not always win against my faves

PimPim to improve his rankings and do some serious upsets

Robredo to fall out of the Top 10...:rolleyes:

~*BGT*~
10-23-2006, 11:07 PM
Ljubicic falls out of the top 100

Safin winning AO, Richie winning, FO, Nadal winning W, and Andy winning the USO (which I predicted in August this year)

Fed not winning any more slams

James winning a US MS.

Jlee
10-23-2006, 11:14 PM
Top ten consists of:
1. Federer - wins RG after amazing final with Rafa
2. Nadal - wins the AO after amazing final with Fed
3. Roddick - wins Wimbledon and reaches USO final
4. Blake - wins USO
5. Safin - semi with Fed in Australia
6. Hewitt - semis of every slam
7. Nalbandian
8. Davydenko
9. Gonzalez - semis of RG
10. Gasquet - SEMIS :p of USO

Allez
10-23-2006, 11:16 PM
Roger - Slam (won't happen though), so

Marat - OZ + returns to top 5 :worship:

Roger - RG/Wimbledon/ IW/Miami/Montreal/Paris/Shanghai + 6 other Tier 2 titles (recaputures Dubai). Uninterrupted No.1 reign.

Berdych/Gasquet - USO.

Murray wins Cincy + 3 other titles (defends San Jose) & Semis @ SW19. Reaches top 10.

Gasquet wins Monte Carlo + 4 other titles (wins Queens) & Finals @ RG. Reaches top 10.

Djokovic wins Hamburg + 3 titles & Semis in OZ & USO. Reaches top 10.

Berdych wins Madrid + 3 other titles & Finals in @ least 2 slams. Reaches top 5.

Other notables
Hewitt improves and prepares for a 2008 comeback. :shout:
Coria improves serve and plots a 2008 comeback. :armed:
PHM/Soderling/Wawrinka/Joachim make the top 20.:D
Haas/Rusedski/Henman/Santoro/Philippoussis/Chrissy Rochus/Bjorkman all retire :rolleyes:

cecilija
10-23-2006, 11:30 PM
roger winning all slams
ljubicic winning somes masters series
djokovic winning some master series
nadal no winning a title
nalbandian testing positive doping

Havok
10-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Federer & Nadal: STOP FUCKING WINNING EVERYTHING. I grant you ONE Slam each (because I'm nice :p). Seriously they're killing the tour with winning everything in sight :o.

Roddick: Find your forehand again and use it throughout 2007. A slam would be nice, but I'm not counting on it. Maybe a TMS or two would be cool, and please no injuries when we find good form k?

Gasquet: Break the top 10 buddy, you're better than 1/3 of those jokes in the top 10. Oh and win a big title/make a GS QF

Haas: Continue your form, but try to perform a bit better in big events :D

Djokovic & Murray: Continue your rise and try to crack the top 10. Doubt any of them will end the year inside the top 10 but would like them to get there

Ferrero: Find 40% of your old form please, it's sad to watch you play like shit and be ranked so low

Safin: enough with the injuries please :(

Hewitt: even though I don't really like the guy, he's one of a kind and adds fire to the game so it would be great to have him back at almost full force

Also the return of the big 4 + Nadal would be awesome :drool: (Roddick, Federer, Safin, Hewitt, Nadal) though no domination between them, where you'd never know the outcome of matches beforehand :).

Havok
10-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Top ten consists of:
1. Federer - wins RG after amazing final with Rafa
2. Nadal - wins the AO after amazing final with Fed
3. Roddick - wins Wimbledon and reaches USO final
4. Blake - wins USO
5. Safin - semi with Fed in Australia
6. Hewitt - semis of every slam
7. Nalbandian
8. Davydenko
9. Gonzalez - semis of RG
10. Gasquet - final of USO

YOu have Blake winning the USO, as well as Roddick AND Gasquet in the finals :p. Someone made a booboo.

Jlee
10-23-2006, 11:47 PM
YOu have Blake winning the USO, as well as Roddick AND Gasquet in the finals :p. Someone made a booboo.

Good catch ;) It's not like that's the only impossible thing on that list. :lol:

angela
10-24-2006, 01:59 AM
My dream
Berdych, pim pim, ancic top five.
;)

princediablo
10-24-2006, 02:29 AM
AO-Safin
RG-Ferrero
Wimby-Henman
US OPEN-Roddick

I would die of happiness.

keqtqiadv
10-24-2006, 02:31 AM
a brazilian to win a GS :p

missbungle
10-24-2006, 02:32 AM
AO - Rafa
RG - Rafa
Wim - Roddick
USO - don't care

jole
10-24-2006, 02:33 AM
For Dominik Hrbaty to be consistent.

margaret_gn
10-24-2006, 08:51 AM
tojo to start winning some matches again and hopefully (at least) one intl series title

pimpim to break into top 10 again and stay injury free

jurgen melzer in top 20, playing consistently

jarkko in top 10, with a couple more titles

berdych in top 5

Blue Heart24
10-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Ljubicic falls out of the top 100

Safin winning AO, Richie winning, FO, Nadal winning W, and Andy winning the USO (which I predicted in August this year)

Fed not winning any more slams

James winning a US MS.

And,Roddick to fall out of Top 1000

ExpectedWinner
10-24-2006, 03:03 PM
3 unrealistic wishes:

1. no RR tournaments

2. no combined events with women

3. Admins open "The Trash Can" Froum and all threads of Just Cause are automatically redirected there. :angel:

Naranoc
10-24-2006, 03:08 PM
3. Admins open "The Trash Can" Froum and all threads of Just Cause are automatically redirected there. :angel:

:yeah:

Blue Heart24
10-24-2006, 03:26 PM
roger winning all slams
ljubicic winning somes masters series
djokovic winning some master series
nadal no winning a title
nalbandian testing positive doping

:haha:

let's so:
1. Sure
2.No way :sad:
3.Maybe
4.I would love to
5.I would love to

Roger The Great
10-24-2006, 03:53 PM
1. Federer wins Roland Garros and seals his legacy.

2. Federer wins the calender slam.
3. Federer wins Monte Carlo and Rome.
4. Berdych, PimPim, and Baghdatis in the top 5.
5. Nadal vs. in form Safin at Aus Open.

Godiva
10-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Gael to win titles

Guga and Coria to come back like the champs that they are

Malisse to win titles

Blake to win a five setter

Safin back in the top ten

Roger to win RG

A new number one

A good deal on tickets to the USO next year

That's not a lot to ask for is it??;)

adee-gee
10-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Federer to get squashed by Mirka in bed and have to miss the entire season through injury :rocker2:

Klaas_nalbandian
10-24-2006, 04:54 PM
I want Robin Haase , Thiemo de Bakker and Igor Sijsling in the top 100 , Martin verkerk in the top 50 , a comeback by sjeng schalken and also in the top 50 at least

Gasguet and Nalbandian winning a grandslam

a top ten with these players: Federer, Nadal, Nalbandian, Roddick, Berdych, Gasguet, Safin, Haas, Baghdatis and Djokovic, A dutch guy will be nice but that won't happen I guess, also Ferrero would be nice

LaTenista
10-24-2006, 05:03 PM
1) Rafa to become No 1 by winning TMC & AO.
2) Ferrer back in the Top 10.
3) Ryler De Heart to get inside Top 200 & qualify for at least one of the Slams.
4) Someone other than Fed to win Wimbledon - please. :awww:
5) Davydenko, Robredo, & Ljubicic to fall out of Top 10 permanently.

ezekiel
10-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Federer to get squashed by Mirka in bed and have to miss the entire season through injury :rocker2:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Kristen
10-26-2006, 03:12 PM
For Ilija Bozoljac to attend the Sydney AND Melbourne tournaments, be free from injury and be chatty to one of my friends who I've conned/converted into liking tennis. Or, at least, the Serbians of tennis. She's planning to come to Melbourne, and I really don't want her to be disappointed. She'll be there from the day before quallies. LOL I told her he could suck, so she should be prepared for only one match, and everything after that, is a bonus. Much like my guys eh :bolt:

Seriously though, just for everyone to remain fit, and maybe for Jarkko to go up a tiny bit more ;) (And for Jonas to not retire LOL!)

Corey Feldman
10-26-2006, 03:17 PM
- a big davis cup team/match to come to scotland!

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Federer to get squashed by Mirka in bed and have to miss the entire season through injury

:worship:

I still cant believe that Federer has a Jabba the Hutt fetish. For the popularity of tennis, dump the whale Fed.

Eden
10-26-2006, 07:16 PM
I still cant believe that Federer has a Jabba the Hutt fetish. For the popularity of tennis, dump the whale Fed.

How old are you? I really want to know this because I remember guys talking such stupid things about the looks of a woman when they were in the puberty.

Eden
10-26-2006, 07:27 PM
no failures from players because of injuries

a good comeback for Kiefer and Guga :)

Federer continuing to make history :worship:

a final between Roger and Guga in Roland Garros :)

Ernham
10-26-2006, 07:30 PM

Hmm. That's one of the reasons I actually like Federer. Not some moron that runs off and chases down some bimbo bleached blonde as soon as he hits stardom like 95% of professional sports stars do.

tennisgal_001
10-26-2006, 07:40 PM
My newest wish for 2007: Cancel the RR format, and anything related to it.

shotgun
10-26-2006, 07:58 PM
- Federer wins Roland Garros.

- Guga either comes back for once or retires for good.

- The young guns take the clowns out of the top 10.

- Söderling hibernates for the whole season and then wins Madrid and Paris back-to-back. :p

- Mayer wins an ATP title.

- T. Alves finishes the year in the top 100.

- RR is a failure and they revert back to the old format in 2008.

NicoFan
10-26-2006, 08:26 PM
That Nico goes back up to the top 20.

That Rafa enjoys tennis again.

That de Villiers finds another job.

bokehlicious
10-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Roger: calendar slam
Stan: top 20

adee-gee
10-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Fedtards are shamelessly greedy :rolleyes:

revolution
10-26-2006, 08:37 PM

I think they'd be satisfied with RG and nothing else :p

adee-gee
10-26-2006, 08:40 PM
I think they'd be satisfied with RG and nothing else :p
Well they ain't getting it :boxing:

Ernham
10-26-2006, 08:43 PM
1. Nadal figures out it's rude to pick your ass and then hold an item someone else is about to hold shortly after.
2. Calendar slam for Roger.
3. Little O to make the top 5. (Rochus)
4. Schumacher returns to F-1 racing and wins the WDC and constructors with BMW.

Alexandy
10-26-2006, 08:47 PM
That Rafa enjoys tennis again.

:sad: That's my hope too. Whatever the results.

My hopes are just a bit far fetched, but what the heck...

I want Davydenko to make it to the final of Roland Garros and Australian Open. Whatever happens then is okay with me.

I hope for Feli to start playing well again and win Wimbledon or at least make it to the finals where he takes Fed to five hard fought sets.

Fed to get the calendar Grand Slam, most reasonable hope since most of my other hopes won't be realized.

Naranoc
10-26-2006, 08:51 PM
I hope for Feli to start playing well again and win Wimbledon or at least make it to the finals where he takes Fed to five hard fought sets.

As great as that would be, it's unlikey that he'd reach the final, or take him to five sets. Can you imagine Federer's forehand against his backhand? :scared:

Alexandy
10-26-2006, 09:01 PM
As great as that would be, it's unlikey that he'd reach the final, or take him to five sets. Can you imagine Federer's forehand against his backhand? :scared:

We could always hope that Fed would be blinded by Feli's dazzling good looks. :p

Naranoc
10-26-2006, 09:03 PM
We could always hope that Fed would be blinded by Feli's dazzling good looks. :p

None of the other players seem to be at the moment :sad:

:lol:

Ernham
10-26-2006, 09:08 PM

Screech?

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/savedbythebell/screechc.jpg

Alexandy
10-26-2006, 09:09 PM
That's because they don't have Feli's flat ironed sometimes looking crazy hair.

ETA: Feli doesn't look like Screech!!! :eek: LOL

Adler
10-26-2006, 09:18 PM
I want to see history being made, so Federer taking Calendar Slam*. That's all that counts. After that he can lose everything

*-or someone else, but it's less likely

Ernham
10-26-2006, 09:56 PM
ETA: Feli doesn't look like Screech!!! :eek: LOL

He sure does.

Sunset of Age
10-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Hmm. That's one of the reasons I actually like Federer. Not some moron that runs off and chases down some bimbo bleached blonde as soon as he hits stardom like 95% of professional sports stars do.

Exactly! Good guy, has some class in this matter. :worship:

Back on topic:

- Rafa regaining his form & being able to concentrate more on his tennis rather than on PR-hype-business and other distracting hullaballoo :rolleyes: ;
- Baggy winning a GS title; :D
- ATP discovering that RR-experiment ends up as a Total Disaster! :mad:

federated
10-26-2006, 10:58 PM
Safin back in the top 5
Roddick out of the top 10
Lopez showing some consistent form and confidence
gasquet in the top 15
fed winning the french
the young guns (and older rifles) really bringing it to roger. I'd watch federer practice for hours, but I'm sick of guys falling on their knees before The Immaculate Federer. I want to see nalbandian, safin, gasquet, and others join rafa in the I Can Bring It To Rog club.

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-26-2006, 11:10 PM
How old are you? I really want to know this because I remember guys talking such stupid things about the looks of a woman when they were in the puberty.

I am 22. Been a while since puberty.
It looks bad for the sport when the number 1 player has an out of shape girlfriend. Does she even care about her appearence to do some situps. He doesn't need a bimbo just someone in shape.

Taz Warrior
10-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Federer - possible calendar GS, but winning RG would be good enough
Gonzalez - a slam final
Henman & Moya - back in the top 20

Ernham
10-26-2006, 11:19 PM
It looks bad for the sport when the number 1 player has an out of shape girlfriend. Does she even care about her appearence to do some situps. He doesn't need a bimbo just someone in shape.

I'm sure roger is highly upset you do not find his girlfriend good masturbation material. She looks fine to me. You can easily see she has a "fleshy face" and did so when she was competing in tennis. Doesn't mean she is fat. Besides, even if you were right in that she was a "whale", maybe Roger likes women of her proportions? http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2006/07/10/knROGER_gallery__470x300.jpg

Here is someone else you also probably think is a "whale".
http://www.gvny.com/columns/sokol/Marilyn-Monroe-11.jpghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Marilyn_Monroe_Postercard.jpg

My guess is you have never touched a girl that wasn't related to you, personally.

~*BGT*~
10-26-2006, 11:55 PM

:rolleyes: For Mirka to lose some weight (even though she really doesn't need to) so these fools can shut up. :rolleyes:

~*BGT*~
10-26-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm sure roger is highly upset you do not find his girlfriend good masturbation material. She looks fine to me. You can easily see she has a "fleshy face" and did so when she was competing in tennis. Doesn't mean she is fat. Besides, even if you were right in that she was a "whale", maybe Roger likes women of her proportions? http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2006/07/10/knROGER_gallery__470x300.jpg

My guess is you have never touched a girl that wasn't related to you, personally.

I think she's very pretty. She looks better now than when she was thinner.

adee-gee
10-27-2006, 12:05 AM
:rolleyes: For Mirka to lose some weight (even though she really doesn't need to) so these fools can shut up. :rolleyes:
She'll need a facelift as well to shut some up :p

Corey Feldman
10-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Screech?

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/savedbythebell/screechc.jpg:lol: :lol:
that takes me back... his voice :fiery:

-Henman to win a tie break.
-nico lapentti to get back in the top50
-nico escude to make a comeback.
-mackin to do something.

Metis
10-27-2006, 02:43 AM
I think you should be careful what you say. I have met guys (in different occasions) who used to make fun of overweight women and said they wanted to date models; at some point I saw them again and they were with overweight girlfriends/wives. It always brings a smile to my face... :devil:

So a lesson to everyone: the things you criticize in other people, there will come a time that they will happen to you...;)

Mimi
10-27-2006, 04:20 AM
i thought you are 14 :tape:

Johnny Groove
10-27-2006, 05:03 AM
my one wish.....

1. Nadal
2. Federer
3. Roddick
4. Safin
5. Nalbandian
6. Gasquet
7. Berdych
8. Murray
9. Monfils
10. Pim Pim

160. Ljubo

ufokart
10-27-2006, 05:12 AM
I wish Luczak wins Roland Garros 2007 :rocker2: :lol:

Jaffas85
10-27-2006, 05:25 AM
Gasquet and Berdych to reach the semis of the at least one of the Grand Slams.

Federer to win the French Open.

Federer winning all 4 Grand Slams in 07' would be great though unlikely.

I'd really like to see a Federer-Nadal Australian Open final.

Hewitt back in the Top 10 or even Top 5.

Safin Back in the Top Ten and perhaps reaching the semis of the Australian Open.

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-27-2006, 08:21 AM
i thought you are 14
I think you should be careful what you say. I have met guys (in different occasions) who used to make fun of overweight women and said they wanted to date models; at some point I saw them again and they were with overweight girlfriends/wives. It always brings a smile to my face...
I think she's very pretty. She looks better now than when she was thinner.
For Mirka to lose some weight (even though she really doesn't need to) so these fools can shut up.
She looks fine to me. You can easily see she has a "fleshy face" and did so when she was competing in tennis. Doesn't mean she is fat. Besides, even if you were right in that she was a "whale", maybe Roger likes women of her proportions?

Wow!
Ugly girls defend their own.

williaer
10-27-2006, 08:36 AM
I hope that Andy and Richard (Gasquet) win a slam each next year.

corporalclegg
10-27-2006, 09:03 AM
-Federer wins French Open.
-Federer wins Grand Slam.
-Safin plays a lot better and more consistently.
-New/better commentators.
-Nadal and Safin play a great against each other!
-Nobody gets injured.
-Russia wins Davis Cup.

Art&Soul
10-27-2006, 10:11 AM
ROGER FEDERER TO WIN ALL GRAND SLAMS :) my only wish :cool:

MrJ
10-27-2006, 10:21 AM
Roger to win the French Open

James Blake to win the US Open

Safin to get back into the Top Ten and challenging for Grand Slams.

The likes of Gasquet, Djorkovic, Berdych, Baghatis and Murray to contine their rise and to replace the likes of Robredo and Davydenko in the top 10.

:angel: :angel:

oz_boz
10-27-2006, 10:24 AM

Asking for the Calendar Slam isn't greedy, it's fair to ask for slight improvements for your fave player and in Fed's case the only way to have a better year would be winning all 4 ;)

I promise to be happy if he wins his 10th Slam, preferrably Wim or RG, and hence enters the Borg/Sampras/Laver league.

adee-gee
10-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Asking for the Calendar Slam isn't greedy, it's fair to ask for slight improvements for your fave player and in Fed's case the only way to have a better year would be winning all 4 ;)

I promise to be happy if he wins his 10th Slam and enters the Borg/Sampras/Laver league.
Greedy :ras:

oz_boz
10-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Greedy :ras:

:lol: What's not greedy then? Asking for him to stay in top 100? Or not to beat Vince Spadea's losing streak?

adee-gee
10-27-2006, 10:38 AM
:lol: What's not greedy then? Asking for him to stay in top 100? Or not to beat Vince Spadea's losing streak?
Asking for just RG wouldn't be greedy, just a little unrealistic ;)

aussie_fan
10-27-2006, 10:49 AM
I wish Luczak wins Roland Garros 2007 :rocker2: :lol:

lol, i would go crazy if that happened. :)

Fuego Frío
10-27-2006, 10:54 AM
1. Serena Williams dedicates herself to tennis and wins a grand slam (preferbably wimbledon)

2. Andy Roddick wins another gs

3. Good competative matches all year round

4. JHH and Sharapova retire:p

Ernham
10-27-2006, 11:53 AM
4. JHH and Sharapova retire:p

Oh my, why? Oh... so Serena "roid rage" Williams has a prayer?

~*BGT*~
10-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Wow!

WOW, didn't know that the brains and beauty winner at my school was ugly. Thanks for pointing that out. :yeah:

revolution
10-27-2006, 01:32 PM

He has every chance of achieving it, I don't see the unrealism in predicting it....

Purple Rainbow
10-27-2006, 01:55 PM
I'd love to see:

Breakthrough years for Robon Haase and Thiemo de Bakker.

Return to action for Sjeng Schalken and an injury free season for Marin Verkerk.

Federer to win the French Open and Wimbledon. Preferably beating Nadal in the process both times.

Davydenko to reach 3 quarterfinals (or better) at slams again, win a host of titles and reach the TMC again, just to shut everyone up. Give him a slam final or a TMS too.

Gustavo Kuerten to come back!

Gasquet to have a breakthrough year. Preferably with a slam.

Ljubicic to have a well deserved TMS win.

Hewitt, Ferrero and Safin to regain the form that made them #1.

Monfils to get his act together and become a consistent contender.

Wawrinka, Allegro and Chiudinelli to get good enough to help Federer win the Davis Cup.

The Netherlands to get back in the world group at the Davis Cup.

Johnny Groove
10-27-2006, 02:05 PM
I'd love to see:
Monfils to get his act together and become a consistent contender.

That might be the most unlikely of your wishes :tape:

foul_dwimmerlaik
10-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Safin - stay healthy and win a slam. Preferably, Wimbledon.
Coria - sort out his issues and return to the tour, top 20 at least. Win a tournament.
Gasquet, Tursunov, Monfils, Baghdatis - a TMS title, or a GS semi, or higher.
Korolev - win a tournament, get in the top 50.
Nadal - lose on clay as frequently as possible.
Davydenko, Robredo, Berdych - out of the top 10.

Hokit
10-27-2006, 02:07 PM
I'd like Lleyton to win the Australian Open and a Japanese player to make the breakthrough that Kimiko Date did on the women's side :)

And I'd also like players to stop nominating themselves for the Japan Open commitment list if they not gonna turn up anyway. That, or kill off the tournament altogether. Tennis isn't popular in Japan anyways and if there's any promotion in Asia, it should be in a country that deserves it (China).

MariaV
10-27-2006, 02:10 PM
I want Safin to stay healthy (physically and mentally) and I want him to win another Grand Slam and make it back into the top 4. A guy that talented should have more than two Grand Slams to his name.

Go Marat. You can do it. :)

Umm, George can remind me, how many Slams Marat should've won already? :scratch: Was it 20 or 25?

Seriously, I'd LOVE him to win one more. :)

Purple Rainbow
10-27-2006, 02:11 PM
That might be the most unlikely of your wishes :tape:

:) One can hope, can't one?

Johnny Groove
10-27-2006, 02:13 PM
:) One can hope, can't one?

I would love for Gael to get his shit together and make some runs, and hopefully Wortheim doesnt pick him for the AO semis, as we all know that and a Bud Collins pick is the kiss of death :p

Purple Rainbow
10-27-2006, 02:25 PM
I would love for Gael to get his shit together and make some runs, and hopefully Wortheim doesnt pick him for the AO semis, as we all know that and a Bud Collins pick is the kiss of death :p

In Wertheims defence, he correctly predicted ToJo to make the semis at Wimbledon 2005. But I suppose that might be a matter of mere chance after his many ridiculous bad predictions.

Metis
10-27-2006, 02:41 PM
Wow!
It seems you're growing more intelligent every minute! Now you're criticizing the appearance of girls you haven't even seen.:help: Keep it up...

CmonAussie
10-27-2006, 10:02 PM
I'd like Lleyton to win the Australian Open and a Japanese player to make the breakthrough that Kimiko Date did on the women's side :)

And I'd also like players to stop nominating themselves for the Japan Open commitment list if they not gonna turn up anyway. That, or kill off the tournament altogether. Tennis isn't popular in Japan anyways and if there's any promotion in Asia, it should be in a country that deserves it (China).
Yeah~ I`d love for Lleyton to win AO too:angel: ;) :cool: !!

Why do you think that tennis is not popular in Japan:confused:

There are thousands of tennis courts at Junior High & Senior High schools all over the country with a huge number of kids playing=>> so at the grass roots level I believe tennis is popular in Japan:cool:

I believe it has a lot to do with the media~>> the only player who gets any coverage at all on free to air TV is Sharapova:sad: If you ask any kid in Japan what tennis player do you know?? They`ll all pick Sharapova [guarantee it]:eek: ... Until Federer came to the Japan Open last month he`d never been given even 30-seconds of air-time on free to air TV [other than overnight broadcasts of Wimbledon]... Japanese media hasn`t got a f..king clue what`s going on in the world... I think the media here is very corrupt & hence a few old guys in suits determine what a 130-million people can & can`t watch... Japanese media [esp regarding international sports coverage] sucks big time:mad:

jcempire
10-27-2006, 10:06 PM
Roger Federer Go to No. 2

jcempire
10-27-2006, 10:13 PM
James Blake to win the US Open

Andy Roddick to win wimbledon

Roger Federer, Please go to No. 2

Tommy Haas, Please back to Top. 10

Hewitt, Please Come back

Safin, Please Beat Roger Federer

Robby Ginepri to be No. 5 ATP Ranking End of year

Ernham
10-27-2006, 10:49 PM
It seems you're growing more intelligent every minute! Now you're criticizing the appearance of girls

Or guys, even. :devil:

cobalt60
10-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Hmmm tennis wishes:

1. That the round robin idea falls flat with everyone as the tournies lose money.
2. That Blake stays in the top 10 and puts some of the naysaying to rest
3. That Mr Disney has an epiphany and decides that the season is too long.
4. That the USA wins the Davis Cup

+alonso
10-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Massu to have better draws pref. at the TMS

Sparko1030
10-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Massu to have better draws pref. at the TMS

:yeah: Absolutely!!!

That Fernando does at least as well at the slams as he has done this year at TMS events. :D

rosespower
10-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Marat to stay healthy and try to win some matches...especially finals(OZ if is posible) and climbing the rankings
My second wish is that RF doesn't win the RG....
Ancic to show that he's much talented than Nadal....
Nadal to beat Federer whenever he has the ocasion...
And a comeback in the top of the rankings for Ferrero....

Neely
10-28-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm very frugal for next year and my biggest tennis wish for 2007 is simply that Kiefer is healthy again to play tennis without getting injured :) :angel:

FluffyYellowBall
10-28-2006, 08:20 PM
hmmm

Berdych-keep your head while the crowd loses theirs

Nadal-I miss your amazing with Fedex:sad: I hope he stop federers winning streak on grass and federer stops nadals streak on clay:angel:
-Get rid of Toni please
-Dont wear those rumored aussie open clothes:eek: :eek:
-when rogi retires take his place.
Safin-stay healthy and and dont let your damn head play!
Federer-just one thing-Come to egypt on the 28th of december like u said and go to kenya later:sad: Oh and win more slams on the way:rolleyes:
Baghdatis-stop being to laid back. Its too much
RICHOU!-MINI FED EX!! Stay like that!

And to all the players-go on strike for a shorter season and a TMS her in cairo:D

ae wowww
10-28-2006, 08:24 PM
My Wishes:
* Jim & Goldie qualify for YEC Masters Cup
* Jeff Coetzee wins ATP title for first time since 2002
* Jim & Goldie win first ATP title together
* I get my first ITF/ATP point :)

Foosimoo
10-28-2006, 08:32 PM
My Wishes:
-RR fails and the ATP stops using it
-Ollie plays more tournaments, less breaks
-Ollie gets back into the top 30 and stays consistent in the rankings
-I go to Cincy TMS

tangerine_dream
10-28-2006, 08:39 PM
First and foremost, for everybody to have fun next year and avoid major injuries/surgeries :wavey:

Roger Federer - to win RG. And then nothing else for the rest of the year :lol:

Rafael Nadal - to win AO. And then nothing else for the rest of the year. :p

Andy Roddick - where to begin? Continue to gain confidence and self-belief back. Beat Federer, preferably at Wimbledon. :angel: Win a slam. Any slam. And if you want Davis Cup so badly then you and PMac will hire a claycourt specialist to train the DC team on the clay during your off-season. Biggest lesson I want you to learn from Jimmy Connors: Learn not to give a shit what people say or think about you. Continue to piss MTF off by staying in the top five. Continue to tell the media to fuck off. It becomes you. :devil:

James Blake - dump this stupid habit of yours of applauding your opponents great shots, they don't need it. You need to get meaner on the court out there. Find your inner asshole. Learn from Jimmy Connors. Win a five-set match. Win an AMS title or two. You've said that you now believe you belong in the Top Five--believe it wholeheartedly instead of just giving lip service, 'cause you're not convincing many people so far, including yourself. :(

Gaston Gaudio - quit tanking and eating so many bagels, it's embarrassing.

David Nalbandian - quit eating.

Andy Murray - throw up or cramp up during every USO, it's fun to watch.

Your orneriness is endearing for now but stop berating Brad Gilbert. He's doing YOU the favor, not the other way around. And tell the goddamn LTA to quit stealing our tennis talent to train your sorry pommy asses. American tennis has its own problems to deal with. We don't need to be helping a former colony of ours. :angel:

Marcos Baghdatis - don't let the pressures of being an athlete take your humor and sense of fun away. Play well consistently and not just every three months. Own the USO crowd next year.

Nikolay Davydenko - go away already. Shoo!

Fabrice Santoro - go on another inspiring run at a slam, maybe RG next year. Beat the Bryans in doubles every now and then to keep things interesting.

Marat Safin - find inner peace and some stability. Win some AMS titles to prevent Ivan Ljubocrap's fans from claiming that Ivan's the Indoor King.

Tomas Berdych - earn enough money to complete that gender-switch operation you started.

Dmitry Tursunov - win an AMS title or two. Show your great personality more on court instead of just in blogs. Don't attack the chair ump again.

Guillermo Coria - exorcise your demons. Then come back and beat Nadal in Rome.

Ivan Ljubocic - stop overachieving by taking up space in the top ten. Go back to your normal state of dull mediocrity.

Fernando Gonzalez - win some titles to back up all the great changes and improvements you've made this year.

Tommy Haas - start dating Lady Luck because you've had more than your share of bad luck this year. Avoid freak accidents. Quit losing to players you shouldn't be losing to. Quit beating great players and then losing to crap players in the next round.

Richard Gasquet - a lot of maturity and growth happened this year, keep it up. Win a big title. I don't know where, just anywhere. Beat Federer along the way if you have to. Beat Monfils and Murray because they're annoying sometimes.

Juan Ignacio Chela - get caught doping.

Sam Querrey - time to announce your presence and win a big match or two...but please don't beat Andy Roddick in the process. I'm sick of young guns using him as a springboard. :(

Novak Djokovic - a lot more growing up is in store for you. Having a big mouth is okay but quit deluding yourself otherwise you'll become the Rodney Dangerfield of tennis.

Juan Carlos Ferrero - your run at Cincy was brilliant. Do it again on clay next year. Smile every now and then. Lose the hospital patient look.

Lleyton Hewitt - you have it all but don't become complacent. Find your fire again. Tell your wife to stay home, I can't stand looking at her in the stands. C'mooon!!

jes_021
10-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Here goes..
- Lleyton back in the top 5 and staying injury free.
Oh and if he can beat Fed just once would be nice too.
- Oli winning another tournie and getting past that cursed 3rd round at GS's.
- Marat being less of a headcase and finding his way back to the top.
- Roger winning RG.
- Less Rafa-Roger finals.
- Russia winning the DC final.

gusman890
10-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Mariano Zabaleta: please come back playing, b/c i find his ackward serve motion cool.

Andy Roddick: Please return to no.2 in the world where you belong and win more MM titles to add to your collection, a GS wouldnt hurt ether :)

Lleyton Hewitt : SCREAM COME ON just like the good old days, i dont like you being quiet and its not your style.

Marat Safin: Win the Fall AMS's for next year and show the world your prowess by taking far runs in the GS's.

Roger Federer: Win RG..PLEASE!!

James Blake: Win New Haven again and win a damn 5 set match.

ATP: Get rid of this round robbin shit and realize single elm is the way to go.

Coria: Return mate, thats all i want.

Vince Spadea: Come out with another book por favor :)

~*BGT*~
10-28-2006, 10:30 PM
First and foremost, for everybody to have fun next year and avoid major injuries/surgeries :wavey:

Roger Federer - to win RG. And then nothing else for the rest of the year :lol:

Rafael Nadal - to win AO. And then nothing else for the rest of the year. :p

Andy Roddick - where to begin? Continue to gain confidence and self-belief back. Beat Federer, preferably at Wimbledon. :angel: Win a slam. Any slam. And if you want Davis Cup so badly then you and PMac will hire a claycourt specialist to train the DC team on the clay during your off-season. Biggest lesson I want you to learn from Jimmy Connors: Learn not to give a shit what people say or think about you. Continue to piss MTF off by staying in the top five. Continue to tell the media to fuck off. It becomes you. :devil:

James Blake - dump this stupid habit of yours of applauding your opponents great shots, they don't need it. You need to get meaner on the court out there. Find your inner asshole. Learn from Jimmy Connors. Win a five-set match. Win an AMS title or two. You've said that you now believe you belong in the Top Five--believe it wholeheartedly instead of just giving lip service, 'cause you're not convincing many people so far, including yourself. :(

Gaston Gaudio - quit tanking and eating so many bagels, it's embarrassing.

David Nalbandian - quit eating.

Your orneriness is endearing for now but stop berating Brad Gilbert. He's doing YOU the favor, not the other way around. And tell the goddamn LTA to quit stealing our tennis talent to train your sorry pommy asses. American tennis has its own problems to deal with. We don't need to be helping a former colony of ours. :angel:

Marcos Baghdatis - don't let the pressures of being an athlete take your humor and sense of fun away. Play well consistently and not just every three months. Own the USO crowd next year.

Nikolay Davydenko - go away already. Shoo!

Fabrice Santoro - go on another inspiring run at a slam, maybe RG next year. Beat the Bryans in doubles every now and then to keep things interesting.

Marat Safin - find inner peace and some stability. Win some AMS titles to prevent Ivan Ljubocrap's fans from claiming that Ivan's the Indoor King.

Tomas Berdych - earn enough money to complete that gender-switch operation you started.

Dmitry Tursunov - win an AMS title or two. Show your great personality more on court instead of just in blogs. Don't attack the chair ump again.

Guillermo Coria - exorcise your demons. Then come back and beat Nadal in Rome.

Ivan Ljubocic - stop overachieving by taking up space in the top ten. Go back to your normal state of dull mediocrity.

Fernando Gonzalez - win some titles to back up all the great changes and improvements you've made this year.

Tommy Haas - start dating Lady Luck because you've had more than your share of bad luck this year. Avoid freak accidents. Quit losing to players you shouldn't be losing to. Quit beating great players and then losing to crap players in the next round.

Richard Gasquet - a lot of maturity and growth happened this year, keep it up. Win a big title. I don't know where, just anywhere. Beat Federer along the way if you have to. Beat Monfils and Murray because they're annoying sometimes.

Juan Ignacio Chela - get caught doping.

Sam Querrey - time to announce your presence and win a big match or two...but please don't beat Andy Roddick in the process. I'm sick of young guns using him as a springboard. :(

Novak Djokovic - a lot more growing up is in store for you. Having a big mouth is okay but quit deluding yourself otherwise you'll become the Rodney Dangerfield of tennis.

Juan Carlos Ferrero - your run at Cincy was brilliant. Do it again on clay next year. Smile every now and then. Lose the hospital patient look.

Lleyton Hewitt - you have it all but don't become complacent. Find your fire again. Tell your wife to stay home, I can't stand looking at her in the stands. C'mooon!!

All my wishes.

Rogiman
10-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Juan Ignacio Chela - get caught doping. :haha:

trisco
10-28-2006, 10:59 PM
My wish for 2007 is for Fed to win RG. Has to be done and it surely will then silence the doubters. Although Nadal will probably have some say in whether he does or not!
Must admit I was surprised with Fed's clay performance this year. V Good. Let's hope he can repeat it next year.
:)

federated
10-29-2006, 01:27 AM
I want blake, davydenko and/or gasquet to win Masters shields.

I want feli lopez inthe top 20.

I want someone besides rafa to beat roger.

I want roger to win the slam.

beti
10-29-2006, 01:31 AM
dc champions again ;)

WF4EVER
10-29-2006, 01:10 AM
Federer: To win the French Open
Blake: To win a TMS or a Slam
Monfils: To stop acting like a jackass and play some serious tennis

Fedex
10-29-2006, 03:17 AM

Federer's improved his results at RG in each of the last 3 years. That bodes well for next year. :)

JMG
10-29-2006, 11:07 AM
Federer - no Grand Slam title
Roddick - USO 1st round defeat
Nadal - RG 1st round defeat

Kiefer - comeback and tournament win later
Germany - beating Croatia without Waske and Kohlmann
Petzschner - top 30 doubles and top 200 singles, ATP title
Abel - come back to challenger level

maria87
10-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Marat back to the victory and his best form: winning slams again! Which means also he will find stability and some happiness.

and chucho and del protro growing in the tour.

adee-gee
10-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Roger Federer - to win RG.

Lleyton Hewitt - Tell your wife to stay home, I can't stand looking at her in the stands. C'mooon!!
Tangy I hate you :ras:

adee-gee
10-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Federer's improved his results at RG in each of the last 3 years. That bodes well for next year. :)
Keep deluding yourself :)

Allstar
10-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Federer - To win all 4 slams beating Nadal in the final of the french
Murray - Develop physically and psychologically to hopefully get some consistancy
Blake - Develop mentally and show himself to be the 2nd best player on the circuit
Henman - To win wimbledon (slight conflict with the first one)

fightingducky
10-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Berdych to reach any GS semis
JCF back in form
Safin going far in all GS

WTA: Sharapova with a new coach

guy in sf
10-31-2006, 03:30 AM
I'd kill to see Henman win Wimby and Richie and Marat win another other grandslam! That's all I ask for.

tangerine_dream
10-31-2006, 03:36 AM
Tangy I hate you :ras:
No you don't. :hug:

btw, enough with the clown posse. We need a *real* Top Ten again for 2007. Here's my top ten wish for 2007:

1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Roddick
4. Hewitt
5. Safin
6. Blake
7. Gasquet
8. Baghdatis
9. Ancic
10. Murray

simpletennis
10-31-2006, 06:10 AM
i want:

GASQUET to get past the 4th rd of a slam, stay consistent throughtout the whole year and possibly make it into the top 10. he just has to not have injuries, and not play brilliantly one tourn, then dump the nxt.

BERDYCH to stay in the top 10, threaten at grand slams, make it to at least the semis, have a great year

TURSUNOV to win a masters series at least, make it past the 3rd rd of a GS and stay in top 20.

...finally: RODDICK to get back into the top 5, preferrably top 3. finally win wimbledon, 2 finals in a row, and that man named fed. has stopped him 3 yrs in a row. if not wimbledon, then us open would be great. get that big forehand back into his game, and possibly break record serve again would be great.

mandoura
10-31-2006, 09:43 AM

All of the above +

Roger: Winning RG, keeping the #1, and breaking all the records he can, IF AND ONLY IF, he stays healthy and happy while doing it.

Marat: Return to top 5, be healthy and happy.

Roddick (sorry Rogiman :kiss: ) & Blake : Remain in top 10.

Moya, Santoro & Henman: Get nice results until they retire.

Ferrero, Gaudio, Coria, Puerta and Cañas: Return to top form.

Guga: Any good news about him.

Dima: Keep blogging. :D

Jimnik
10-31-2006, 09:54 AM
Every player to be fit and healthy for the Masters Series tournaments.

Jack Sparrow
10-31-2006, 09:54 AM
1.FEDERER wins RG and Wimbledon:worship:
2.gasquet,berdych,djokovic emurray in the top ten:)
3.Safin at #2 in the world:cool:
4.nadal out of top ten:devil:

yomike
10-31-2006, 10:19 AM
David - win AO
Ivan - win US Open
Richard - win RG
Gaston and Juan Carlos - retire

and no more of this Fedomination crap.

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-31-2006, 12:58 PM
No you don't.

btw, enough with the clown posse. We need a *real* Top Ten again for 2007. Here's my top ten wish for 2007:

1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Roddick
4. Hewitt
5. Safin
6. Blake
7. Gasquet
8. Baghdatis
9. Ancic
10. Murray

Switch 1 and 2 and I would love the "real" top ten.

CmonAussie
10-31-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm very frugal for next year and my biggest tennis wish for 2007 is simply that Kiefer is healthy again to play tennis without getting injured :) :angel:
Sounds good:cool:
Okie dokies I`ll be frugal too:angel: ... My one wish then is for Hewitt to win AO;)

KaxMisha
10-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Switch 1 and 2 and I would love the "real" top ten.

Wouldn't be real, though.

silverarrows
10-31-2006, 02:49 PM
I want Fed to win all four Slams. :cool: :worship:

cmurray
10-31-2006, 03:12 PM
For Marat to win at least one GS and for Rafa to win the US Open. Against Federer.

Katastrophe
10-31-2006, 03:29 PM
I wish continued success/progress for all the players in 2007, and that Dick Enberg will finally be relieved of his commentating duties.;)

lorenz
10-31-2006, 03:40 PM
I want Nalby win at least one Grand Slam or three Master Series.

Dancing Hero
10-31-2006, 03:42 PM
I think I'd like Federer to win the French but no other GS for the year. Unrealistic I know but there ya go. I think I'd like Roddick to win Wimbledon, Nalbandian to win the Aus and Nadal to win the US.

In the women's game, maybe Hingis to win the Aus, Mauresmo to win the French, her home tournament, Sharapova to reclaim Wimbledon and Clijsters to regain the US for a nice spread of trophies.

stebs
10-31-2006, 05:18 PM
AO:
Federer def. Hewitt 6-1 7-6 3-6 7-5
Nalbandian def. Murray 6-2 1-6 7-5 6-0
Safin def. Roddick 6-7 6-7 7-6 6-2 6-4
Nadal def. Baghdatis 6-2 7-6 6-4

Federer def. Nalbandian 6-2 7-6 6-4
Safin def. Nadal 6-7 6-4 6-1 4-6 8-6

Federer def. Safin 6-4 3-6 7-5 6-7 6-4

RG:
Federer def. Coria 4-6 3-6 6-4 6-1 6-4
Gasquet def. Gaudio 7-5 3-6 6-4 6-3
Nadal def. Ferrero 6-2 6-4 3-6 7-6
Kuerten def. Davydenko 6-4 6-3 6-4

Federer def. Gasquet 6-3 6-4 3-6 7-5
Nadal def. Kuerten (last ever match) 7-5 6-1 3-6 4-6 9-7

Federer def. Nadal 7-6 2-6 6-1 5-7 7-5

W:
Federer def. Karlovic 7-6 7-6 6-0
Roddick def. Santoro 2-6 7-6 6-4 6-4
Henman def. Safin 3-6 0-6 6-4 7-6 8-6
Hewitt def. Nalbandian 6-2 2-6 6-3 4-6 7-5

Federer def. Roddick 7-6 6-1 6-4
Henman def. Hewitt 5-7 7-6 3-6 7-5 16-14

Federer def. Henman 7-6 6-0 6-4

USO:
Baghdatis def. Ljubicic 6-7 6-3 6-4 7-6
Safin def. Berdych 7-6 7-6 6-7 7-6
Gasquet def. Federer 3-6 7-5 1-6 6-4 7-6
Blake def. Nadal 6-3 6-3 3-6 7-6

Baghdatis def. Safin 6-3 5-7 6-2 3-6 7-6
Gasquet def. Blake 7-6 7-6 3-6 6-4

Baghdatis def. Gasquet 6-3 7-6 3-6 6-4

Top 10

1 - Federer
2 - Nadal
3 - Baghdatis
4 - Safin
5 - Gasquet
6 - Hewitt
7 - Nalbandian
8 - Roddick
9 - Davydenko
10 - Berdych
11 - Blake

Merton
11-02-2006, 04:17 AM
These are some wishes as they come to me, not in order of preference:

Marcos and Tomas making a slam final.
Economidis entering the main draw at RG.
Guga having one last run at RG.
Roger winning RG.

yomike
11-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Roger not winning RG never ever never never ever ever

ginnylegend
11-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Roger has every chance of winning RG and I sure hope he does.

Breakdown
11-02-2006, 12:45 PM
My wishes are:

1. Serena, will you please come back strong and fit, damn you!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:
2. Roger to win RG;:worship:
3. Safin to play Rafa for 2007 AO trophy!:angel:
4. Davydenko to get the hell out of top 10;:mad:
5. Gasquet to win at least one TMS event(hopefully in Miami)
6. Roddick to win Wimby :wavey:
7. Nadal/Clijsters:D to play Safin/Sharapova:) in mixed doubles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mandoura
11-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Roger not winning RG never ever never never ever ever

:ras: :lol: :wavey:

Arnold Fitzgeral
11-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Murray to reach his first GS final or semi final

drf716
11-07-2006, 01:06 AM
<--all the best for marat!

Caralimon
11-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Nadal wins Roland Garros
Gaudio wins a title or two
Yayo in top 100
Tons of players tanking in dead matches introducing people the amazing RR system
Verdasco, Seppi, Monaco win titles
Massu in top twenty
Vasallo stays in top 100 and wins at least one match in RG

GlennMirnyi
11-07-2006, 02:02 AM
Robredo playing challengers after 25 consecutive 1st losses.

Nadal to retire.

Federer to win GS.

RickDaStick
11-07-2006, 02:04 AM
My wish is for someone to teach Andy Roddick how to play tennis.

partygirl
11-07-2006, 02:20 AM
My wish is for someone to teach Andy Roddick how to play [awesome] tennis.
It is being done.;)

Ivan, I can't wait till 2007 when you take the wish back.

partygirl
11-07-2006, 02:23 AM
Nadal to retire.

:spit:

aussie12
11-07-2006, 02:25 AM
for roger to win the grand slam

for baghdatis to become world no.2

for an australian out of nowhere to come into the top 10 that doesnt have an attitude problem like lleyton

for nadal to realise that after watching an episode of monk, his ocd could help make him the worlds best detective, so he gives up tennis to pursuit something he can actually be number 1 in.

for davydenko to get a sponsorship deal from energizer, seriously he deserves it, he never stops playing.

for gonzo to win a tournament

Xristos
11-07-2006, 03:26 AM
for an australian out of nowhere to come into the top 10 that doesnt have an attitude problem like lleyton

That is being worked on...

MarieS
11-07-2006, 03:31 AM
That is being worked on...

Sunset of Age
11-07-2006, 04:25 AM
I hope for Rogelio to win that Grand Slam...

And if not - let it be dearest Rafa to grab the tournaments Rogi doesn't manage to capture.

Rogi winning RG would be nice... and so would...
Rafa winning Wimbly!!!

Eh, a girl can dream, no? :p

Yashirobai
11-07-2006, 03:55 PM
My **realistic** wishes would be:

1. Ferrero to win a title (even if it is a Micky Mouse tournament)
2. Nadal not to lose a single match on clay (and that implies winning Roland Garros)
3. Nadal to extend or mantain his lead in his H2H with Federer
4. Nadal to reach the No.1 spot for at least one week
5. Gaudio, Ferrero and Coria to become competitive again on clay
6. At least one Grand Slam final to be decided in the 5th set with some drama (like Wimbledon 2001, Roland Garros 2004)
7. Safin to return to Top 10
8. Ljubicic to fall from Top 10
9. Federer to lose a match on grass (if possible Halle; repeat Wimbledon success)
10. Spain to win Davis Cup

ChinoRios4Ever
11-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Chile win the DC 2007
Gonzo into the top 5, making a final four in a slam and win a AMS
Better draws for Massu :haha: :haha:
Roger win RG, I WANT HISTORY BABY!!!!! :yeah:
Rafa win wimby

Jimnik
11-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Davydenko to win the AO.

FluffyYellowBall
11-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Claybuster-Rogi winning RG would be nice... and so would...
Rafa winning Wimbly!!!

Nothing is impossible my friends;) If nadal loses before the final at the french then fed should definatly take it. If fed loses at wimbly, it will be really hard for nadal but he could be lucky with the the other finalist:D

sanpo
11-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Berdych to win TMS Madrid against Nadal - 6-0 6-0 6-1

Then shusshhhh the crowd down during the awarding ceremony then enjoy the 15-minute boofest he shall receive.

dylan24
11-07-2006, 08:19 PM
federer to go undefeated
no more fixed matches by ukranian donkey

FluffyYellowBall
11-07-2006, 08:41 PM
These last two comments would make make never watch tennis again for a year!! Id rather watch federer lose in a tight match than beat gonzalez for a TMS so easily

musefanatic
11-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Roger to win the grandslam and Tim to return into the top 20 :) :) Andy to get into the top 8 and Ferrero to get back into the top 10 :)

fanancic
11-08-2006, 08:34 AM
For 2007 i want that mario marat and richard play the masters cup.
I want that mario win his first grand slam in wimbledon and a master.
I want mario in the top 5 and i don't want that nadal win roland garros.

gulzhan
11-08-2006, 05:16 PM
marat to win AO
russia to beat chile and then to play against france in moscow beating them in 5 5-sets matches :yeah: and then to win DC (again! :lol:)
gasquet to win monte carlo, to play in the final of wimbledon, and to get into top 8
nadal to win RG
ok, federer to win Wimbledon but in a tight 5 sets match
roddick to win USO :tape:

Viken01
11-08-2006, 05:31 PM
nalbandian to win a GS and/or a TMS and to stay number 3 in the world and why not number 2 ?

Denaon
11-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Cañas returning to TOP 20 (TOP 10 in 2008).....Nalbo winning a GS....Gaudio regaining some confidence and back to TOP 15....Nadal taking 1 spot....Federer 2nd....Ljubicic losing 1rd every GS :devil:....lol j/k

Monteque
11-08-2006, 05:47 PM
I wish:
Federer has a career Grand Slam finally ans sweep it all the GS in 2007.
Federer has a career TMS (win in MC, Rome, and Paris)

Roddick come back to no.2 replacing Nadal.
Gasquet and Berdych go through to the top 10.
Robredo out from top 10.

FluffyYellowBall
11-08-2006, 07:03 PM
a pre 2007 wish

For nadal to beat blake at shanghai..PLEASE!!

jazar
11-08-2006, 07:04 PM
federer to win the french.
murray to get off his fat arse and do some fitness. i don't like him but its time he did something.
pim-pim back in the top 10.
berdych to put more effort in, cos he always looks like he's playing at 50%.
davydenko to overtake nadal for #2.
safin back in the top 5.
tursunov to keep blogging and learn to play on a clay court that isnt as bad as the one they used for the davis cup.
djokovic to develop a weapon and climb the rankngs and defect to GB for davis cup.
jmdp to make top 20.

Sunny_Boy
11-08-2006, 11:28 PM
For Australia to have more than one player in the top 100

revolution
11-09-2006, 12:05 AM
federer to win the french.
murray to get off his fat arse and do some fitness. i don't like him but its time he did something.
pim-pim back in the top 10.
berdych to put more effort in, cos he always looks like he's playing at 50%.
davydenko to overtake nadal for #2.
safin back in the top 5.
tursunov to keep blogging and learn to play on a clay court that isnt as bad as the one they used for the davis cup.
djokovic to develop a weapon and climb the rankngs and defect to GB for davis cup.
jmdp to make top 20.

I like Nole but I don't want someone who isn't British representing Britain. It's like those Brazilian footballers who played for Qatar to get more $$$$$$

Katastrophe
11-09-2006, 12:10 AM
For Australia to have more than one player in the top 100

I couldn't believe that stat when I saw it! Hewitt's currently the only one, with Flip at about 120 or so? Pity...

alelysafina
11-09-2006, 02:32 AM
for Kolechka to defend all of his points. :)

DDrago2
11-09-2006, 02:44 AM
Nadal To Stop Getting Easy Draws!!

2moretogo
11-16-2006, 04:27 PM
King Fed- sorry, no glam slams, but to give us some classic semi-final and/or finals. Keep Mirka she's cute.

Nadal- any other slam besides FO. Also beat Blake, its getting ridiculous

Gonzo- turn your improvements to QF and SF in GS, own someone else other than Marat

Blake - win a five set match; QF (at least of FO); win a TMS; beat K. Fed anywhere

On that note, ANYONE beat K.Fed @ Wimby and USO

Young - win an ATP match

Marat - do you, only better and on a more consistent basis. FO Champ. Return to the top 5, stay healthy.

Monfils- Channel that youthful exuberance into consistent match play and tourney runs. Be the threat that you are threatening to be... Knock on the door of top 10.

Ferrero - Enjoy tennis or retire. Cut the hair too. Return to top 10.

Berdych - Continue to be a one person DC team, by pissing off Spanish crowds it was amusing.

Roddick - Keep Connors.. win another slam any slam. Take the clay seriously. Oh yeah, please beat Federer - it is pathetic now.

Misha- health

Dima - Blog away

Baghdatis - Return with fire to NYC (it was a special night- and you're are kind of guy); win a big tournment (be consistent)

Gasquet - health, wealth, good form and roger federer win

F.Lo - pursue modeling exclusively.

WTA
Media realizes what we already knew Maria aint that cute and her shrieking ruins the match

Serena returns in shape and healthy, and dominates the field

fanancic
11-16-2006, 04:30 PM
I want that Croatia win the Davis Cup... It will be difficult but they can do it... They have 2 players in the Top 10 now!

Edith09
11-16-2006, 05:42 PM
1. Some good result for Czech players in Davis Cup
2. Good year for Berdych (grandslam semi...)
3. Not all grandslam won by Fed or Nadal

Deathless Mortal
11-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Ljubicic- to win a GS, or at least AMS title
Ancic- to get to Shanghai
Cilic- to get in top100

A_Skywalker
11-16-2006, 06:14 PM
I want to see Guillermo Coria back in top 10 and to see him play with Nadal again , the most entertaining match ! I also want Nadal to try to win another GS , other than RG ! And to see more young players make their way in the top

miraina
11-16-2006, 06:20 PM
My wishes for 2007
- David Nalbandian, healthy and wins a Grand Slam (as he's a multi-surface player, he's able to win on every surface!)
- Guillermo Coria back in the Top10 (it'll be tough but I still have faith)
- James Blake in the Top 5 and wins at least an AMS
- Gael Monfils healthy and in the Top15 !!
- less withdrawals in the big tournaments, like AMS.

megadeth
11-16-2006, 06:25 PM
for roger to win all 4 slams in 2007. that way, he'll have a total of 13 and any comparison to pete by then would be moot since he'd have the FO already...

mamasue
11-17-2006, 01:48 AM
That James Blake is in Rafa's quarter in every clay court tournament next year!:rolls:

VAMOS RAFAEL!!!

adee-gee
11-17-2006, 10:34 AM
I only have one wish -

I'd like to fulfil my dream of being inducted into the Fedtard society :yippee:

Action Jackson
11-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Cañas to draw Henman in the 1st round of the AO and defeat him in 5 sets.

Volcanic Tennis
11-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Just for Andy, Marat, Nikolay and Richard to have good, healthy years.

Andy to win another Slam, Marat too- Nikolay and Richard to have an impact on the slams.

Max Mirnyi to win two Slams with Jonas - and Kevin Ullyett to win the other two with Paul (ideally RG & Wimbledon, to complete the career Slam!)

Blue Heart24
11-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Karlovic to win Wimbledon :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:
Ljubicic to win all indoor events :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

fanancic
11-17-2006, 09:19 PM
I want that the Ancic Family win the Hopman cup in January!!:)

richie21
11-17-2006, 10:00 PM
my wishes for 2007:
Gasquet to win a Master Serie and make the Wimbledon's final against Federer :)
Federer to finally win FO
Blake to make at least the US Open final
Baghdatis to win a Master Serie