***Allez Rafael ŗ Paris!!!*** [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

***Allez Rafael ŗ Paris!!!***

Johnny Groove
10-22-2006, 10:31 PM
seeing as he has pulled out of Basel, we need a thread for the Paris Masters. :bounce: VAMOS!!!

NaDALiTa
10-22-2006, 10:47 PM
can I just correct you, it's "allez Rafa à Paris" ;) ;)

Johnny Groove
10-23-2006, 12:20 AM
can I just correct you, it's "allez Rafa ŗ Paris" ;) ;)

je suis desole ;)

PoderShileno
10-23-2006, 12:32 AM
VAAAAMOOOOS RAFA¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
GO GO GO CHAMPION''¡¡¡¡

NeverSayDie
10-23-2006, 08:49 AM
Vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamos!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

the_natural
10-23-2006, 10:11 AM
Vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamos!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

non, ALLLEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ;) :D :worship: :worship: :worship:

NeverSayDie
10-23-2006, 04:59 PM
non, ALLLEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ;) :D :worship: :worship: :worship:

:lol: Ok, Vaaaaaaaaaaaaaamos AND Alleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez Rafa ;)

mallorn
10-23-2006, 06:40 PM
^^ Rafa could do with cheers in all languages of the world right now. :p ;)

From the tournament site:
22/10 - 13h00
Nadal is coming to Paris

Having been eliminated at the quarter-final stage in Madrid, Rafael Nadal has already begun to focus on the BNP Paribas Masters, in which he will be competing for the very first time.

With the season almost at an end, how are you feeling?
I feel really good. Iím playing well at the moment and Iím going to do my best in the last two tournaments Iíve got left between now and the end of the year. I think I played some decent tennis in Madrid, but in the quarters I came up against Tomas Berdych (editorsí note: the winner of the 2005 BNP Paribas Masters) who produced a great match. But based on my overall end-of-season form, I hope to do well in the BNP Paribas Masters, and then in the Masters Cup in Shanghai.

Does it mean something special to you to come back to Paris, where youíve won your two Grand Slam titles?
Yes, absolutely. Iíve always said that Paris is my favourite city and Iíve obviously got some fantastic memories of it. I always love coming back to Paris and Iím sure competing in the BNP Paribas Masters there will be quite emotional for me.

Itís going to be your first BNP Paribas Masters. What are your aims for the tournament?
Itís no secret that Taraflex is not my favourite surfaceÖ Indoors, I feel more at ease on GreenSet. But as usual, Iíll give it everything and will hopefully perform well in this city that I love.

First youíre taking part in the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris, then in the Shanghai Masters Cup, two events youíve never entered before. What are you hoping to get out of this end of season?
Iíve got two very important tournaments ahead of me and Iím really hoping to do well in both. Iím also very excited at the prospect of my first Masters Cup which, like the BNP Paribas Masters, I had to pull out of last year due to injury.

http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/default_en.asp?ID=2116

Edit. Oh, I almost forgot. The draw will be made Friday 27 Oct at 6.30 at BNP Headquarters.

Buena suerte, Rafa! :)

Johnny Groove
10-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Bonne Chance Rafael!!!!

Denisse
10-23-2006, 10:53 PM
when does it start??

NaDALiTa
10-23-2006, 11:53 PM
On peut donc parler français sur ce thread :lol: / so we can speak french on this thread !

AlleZ RaFa tu es invincible a Paris, le Taraflex ne t'auras pas :lol: / allez rafa you are invincible in Paris, the taraflex won't get you !!!

MariaV
10-24-2006, 07:37 AM
Nadalita, are you going to Bercy?

ALLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Rafael!!!!!!! :bounce: :bigclap: :yippee: :dance:

Bonne chance a Paris! :bounce: :bigclap: :yippee: :dance:

mallorn
10-24-2006, 08:19 PM
From AP:
Struggling Nadal blames fatigue for slide

PARIS (AP) -For Rafael Nadal, the explanation is clear: fatigue and a heavy schedule.

The second-ranked Spaniard has not reached the semifinals of a tournament since losing to Roger Federer in the Wimbledon final three months ago.

``I had a lot of matches in the first half of the season and my muscles were very tired,'' Nadal said Tuesday during a conference call leading to next week's Paris Masters. ``Mentally, too ... it was a big effort. I am playing better now.''

Nadal has won five titles this year, including a victory over Federer in the French Open final in June. A month later, the top-ranked Swiss won his fourth straight Wimbledon title by beating Nadal in the final.

Nadal also said he has recovered from foot and ankle injuries - he skipped the Australian Open in January because of an ailing left foot.

``This is my first year after an important injury so you have to be careful,'' Nadal said. ``I feel fine now, but when you have an injury like I had last year it stays in your mind, so you have to be wary.''

Nadal also has to be wary of Federer, who won his 10th title of year on Sunday at the Madrid Masters.

``I think he is playing his best tennis now,'' Nadal said. ``He is the best for sure right now. ... He is playing unbelievable.''

At the Paris Masters, which starts Monday, Nadal may get another chance to face Tomas Berdych, who is the defending champion.

The Czech, ranked 10th, beat Nadal in the quarterfinals at Madrid last week. When he was jeered by the Spanish crowd, he put a finger to his lips to try and silence them. Nadal told Berdych he shouldn't have done it and was ``a bad person.'' Spanish fans then badgered Berdych during his semifinal loss to Fernando Gonzalez.

``It is better we don't speak about that. Better to speak about Paris and the next tournament,'' Nadal said. ``Something happened on court, but let's forget it. I don't want to think about Berdych.''

Looking toward next year, Nadal predicted that young players will make their mark.

``There are so many coming through, like Berdych, (Richard) Gasquet, (Novak) Djokovic and (Andrew) Murray,'' Nadal said. ``They will expect to finish in the top 25 this year, and a lot of them will be in the top 10 next year.''

http://www.tennis.com/news/news.aspx?id=50760
:shrug: But he didn't play MM tournaments this year, so there isn't really a tournament he can ditch. And as long as he keeps doing well on clay, he'll always have an incredibly tough season with MC-Barcelona-Rome, a week off and RG. http://img2.menstennisforums.com/793/icon_pullhair.gif

Johnny Groove
10-24-2006, 10:30 PM
From AP:

:shrug: But he didn't play MM tournaments this year, so there isn't really a tournament he can ditch. And as long as he keeps doing well on clay, he'll always have an incredibly tough season with MC-Barcelona-Rome, a week off and RG. http://img2.menstennisforums.com/793/icon_pullhair.gif

:secret:theres actually a week off between Barca and Rome ;)

MariaV
10-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Don't tear your hair out, Ania. ;) :hug: :lol:

It's not like he can say anything else to the media. (Yeah well 'I suck on hard court and grass' may be an option but after his incredible run at Wimby that wouldn't sound convincing either perhaps. :shrug: ;))

mallorn
10-25-2006, 12:13 PM
:secret:theres actually a week off between Barca and Rome ;)
Oops :secret: See what very hard work does to your brain? ;)

Not that it changes much. :(

mallorn
10-25-2006, 12:25 PM
Don't tear your hair out, Ania. ;) :hug: :lol:
I haven't...

...yet. :lol: :p
It's not like he can say anything else to the media. (Yeah well 'I suck on hard court and grass' may be an option but after his incredible run at Wimby that wouldn't sound convincing either perhaps. :shrug: ;))
I know but I do get the impression he's mentally tired, especially with all the hype (Do you remember how testy he became around RG when they kept asking him about the rivalry? He kept saying Roger was far better and most people thought he was being diplomatic/double-faced. :lol: ) and media obligations. Everything happened so quickly last year he didn't really have the time to get gradually used to being in the spotlight (on such a scale). I don't think he's been that tired physically since Wimbledon, cause he did take quite a long break. He's been on a roll for so long and maybe he unwoud a bit too much after Wimbly and now can't get back on track? :shrug: It's just speculation but I know it's happened to me before. The thing is to find a happy medium for him. Obviously he needs time to relax, time just for himself, like he said in that recent interview, but he also needs to find a way to go back to winning form quickly after a rest.

MariaV
10-25-2006, 07:34 PM
Yeah I mean it's not like 4 weeks off after Wimby was exceptionally long. :hug: But I guess too that mostly just mentally he got off the track.
I am not too worried, he will get back on track soon.
Btw, against Haas he played really well, better than he had been playing after Wimby. :D

Johnny Groove
10-25-2006, 08:40 PM
he also played well against haas in Cincy when he beat him there in straights. :shrug:

But, as Mary Joe Fernandez said at Wimbly after an interview with Nadal, she said that he said "Federer cant keep playing this forever. One day he'll lose world #1, and when he does, I'll be there to pick it up"

:bounce:

mallorn
10-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Aaaaah!

The draw is out.

http://www.fft.fr/cms/GetObject.asp?Type=5&ID=4212

Castafiore
10-27-2006, 06:58 PM
:bolt: at that draw.

I'm going to be over the moon if he even wins one match.

oschemi
10-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Yikes:eek: :eek: This draw is scary, I really hope he at least wins one match. He has a decent chance if he gets clement, but if it is Safin, he is toast:(

mallorn
10-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Marat really should beat Clement, especially since Arnaud's gone deep in Lyon. OK, so Marat's one of the two players I wouldn't normally mind Rafa losing to, but Rafa really needs to build his confidence before Shanghai and if he bows out early...I don't even want to think about it. :scared:

MariaV
10-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Marat really should beat Clement, especially since Arnaud's gone deep in Lyon. OK, so Marat's one of the two players I wouldn't normally mind Rafa losing to, but Rafa really needs to build his confidence before Shanghai and if he bows out early...I don't even want to think about it. :scared:

IT WILL BE A TOTAL HORROR SHOULD MARAT PLAY RAFA!!!!!!!!! I DON'T WANT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :scared: :unsure: :bolt:
That's absolutely horrible draw for Rafa. :(

mallorn
10-27-2006, 07:41 PM
IT WILL BE A TOTAL HORROR SHOULD MARAT PLAY RAFA!!!!!!!!! I DON'T WANT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :scared: :unsure: :bolt:
:hug: Actually, at any other point in the year it would've been great...you know, whoever wins is fine with me. But at this point I'm really worried about what another early loss might do to Rafa's chances in Shanghai. :(
That's absolutely horrible draw for Rafa. :(
And for Marat. :(

MariaV
10-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Yeah well I'll be dying like 100000000000000 deaths. :unsure: :scared: :tape: :ignore: :unsure: :scared: :tape: :ignore: :unsure: :scared: :tape: :ignore: :bolt:
No I WILL NOT watch this match. HAHAHAHA.... like I could stay away. :rolleyes: :unsure: :scared: :tape: :ignore: :unsure: :scared:
Gosh, somebody save me.

mallorn
10-27-2006, 07:49 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/793/icon_comfort.gif You've got to watch it! I'm actually worried some frigging football match might interfere and I might have to follow the SB. :eek:

MariaV
10-27-2006, 07:53 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/793/icon_comfort.gif You've got to watch it! I'm actually worried some frigging football match might interfere and I might have to follow the SB. :eek:

I will have it on my tennis channel for sure. :rolleyes: :unsure: :scared: :tape: :ignore:
You better be on msn then just in case I should die and need some rescuing. ;) But seriously, my hands are shaking while I'm writing right now. I AM pathetic, I know. :o :o :o :o

mallorn
10-27-2006, 07:57 PM
I will have it on my tennis channel for sure. :rolleyes: :unsure: :scared: :tape: :ignore:
You better be on msn then just in case I should die and need some rescuing. ;) But seriously, my hands are shaking while I'm writing right now. I AM pathetic, I know. :o :o :o :o
I damn well will be. :lol: And you're not pathetic, you're just emotional. ;) :hug:

Jogg
10-27-2006, 08:43 PM
:( awful draw

poor rafa, poor marat

Johnny Groove
10-27-2006, 10:30 PM
OMG that draw :eek: Uncle Toni, where art thou? :sobbing:

And Maria :hug: 2 of your faves playing each other :sad: Its like when I watch those Blake-Nadal matches :awww:

Alexandy
10-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Come on guys!! We have got to believe in Rafa and know he can do it!!! He can beat everybody in his draw. It'll be tough, but if Rafa plays really well...who knows what will happen.

And no I'm not on vacation in Egypt. :)

MariaV
10-28-2006, 08:57 AM
OMG that draw :eek: Uncle Toni, where art thou? :sobbing:

And Maria :hug: 2 of your faves playing each other :sad: Its like when I watch those Blake-Nadal matches :awww:

Thanks Jonathan. :hug: Hope your leg is getting better. :hug:

NeverSayDie
10-28-2006, 09:11 AM
This is the worst draw ever :rolleyes: :banghead: :mad: Vamos Rafa......

BjŲrki
10-28-2006, 09:21 AM
crappy draw.

Vamos Rafa :bounce:

samm_11
10-28-2006, 09:24 AM
Vamos Rafa!

He's so gonna win it.... tryna be optimistic here.. hehe...

mallorn
10-28-2006, 10:38 AM
Come on guys!! We have got to believe in Rafa and know he can do it!!! He can beat everybody in his draw. It'll be tough, but if Rafa plays really well...who knows what will happen.

And no I'm not on vacation in Egypt. :)
I can only speak for myself but I certainly believe Rafa can beat all these players. It's just that his form and results after Wimbledon leave something to be desired and so with this draw it's difficult to be very optimistic about the tournament. However, he certainly played better in Madrid, so that's a very good sign. :) Now if he could just focus sufficiently well...

Johnny Groove
10-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Rafa will win Paris by blowing through all his adversaries in straight sets and beating Federer in the final with a bagel

:) After all, hes never lost in Paris :D

MariaV
10-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Oh wow you're all positive suddenly. :yeah: :D But yes, it's not like he was playing horribly in Madrid, he had got much better, Berdy was just a very bad match up, and it's not like he got trashed. It was a very close match.

I pray I'll make it through the Marat vs Rafa match first. :o :o :o
And this match is more thank likely to happen now that Marat is playing Mahut in the 1st rd.

Johnny Groove
10-29-2006, 01:35 AM
new avvie everyone :dance:

mallorn
10-29-2006, 06:13 AM
Oooh, it looks great, I love it! :D :yeah:

NeverSayDie
10-29-2006, 08:15 AM

:lol: You stole it from jess27 ;) It is brilliant though :D

Denisse
10-29-2006, 12:21 PM
Where does all the players stay during the PAris tournament? Are they all staying at the same hotel?

Johnny Groove
10-29-2006, 12:28 PM
:lol: You stole it from jess27 ;) It is brilliant though :D

:ras: :p

cmurray
10-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Why can't ROGER have Marat as his second round person. Huh?

As for Marat/Rafa. Man, ordinarily there would be NO WAY I could cheer for one over the other, but in this case, I think I'm gonna have to go with Raf. He needs to build his confidence with some good wins again and as somebody else pointed out, I'd like to see a fired up Rafi in TMC, otherwise, they might as well just gift wrap that freaking trophy and present to Federer before the tournament begins to save everyone the time. sigh.

ALLEZ RAFI!

mallorn
10-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Guys, Rafa is out of Paris and not 100% sure for Shanghai, check out the tournament site.
http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/?ID=2162

:sad:

NaDALiTa
10-29-2006, 04:36 PM
He just announced it on the french TV, he said he has to take some time to rest his knee :(

I was sure about the fact he wouldn't play, it was suspect that he didn't trained this week!!! :(

mallorn
10-29-2006, 04:39 PM
He just announced it on the french TV, he said he has to take some time to rest his knee :(

I was sure about the fact he wouldn't play, it was suspect that he didn't trained this week!!! :(
Knee? :confused: It says on the tournament site that he suffered an abdominal muscle tear.

NaDALiTa
10-29-2006, 04:45 PM
sorry :lol: i'm just out of my shoes today, i was thinkin about his last year injury :( , yeah it's the abdominals :(

another new part of Rafa's body injured :'(

mallorn
10-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Here's the official news:
29/10 - 19h03
Nadal : "I am really sorry"

Unfortunately, it will still not be the year of Rafael Nadal at the BNP Paribas Masters. The Spaniard suffering from an abdominal injury contracted during training last week was forced to withdraw from the final Masters Series event of the year in Paris.

The Spaniard forced to come to Paris to submit his injury to the tournament organization had trouble hiding his disappointment.

ďI was practicing hard to get ready for the BNP Paribas Masters which is one of the most important events in the world. This was an important week for me in order to win matches and ranking points and Paris is obviously has a special place in my heart having won Roland Garros the last two years . But they told me that I must rest one week so I cannot play here. I plan to be back at the Tennis Masters Cup in Shanghai, the 20 year old Majorcan continued, I knew this tournament was celebrating its 20th anniversary this year and since I am 20 too, I was really looking forward to taking part especially since I missed it the last two years. I am really sorry for my fans in Paris and promise I will be back for both Roland Garros and Bercy in 2007Ē

Nadal will therefore take a week off before returning to the tennis courts, only a few days before attending what could be his first ever participation at the Masters Cup, should he be fitÖ

(Eli Weinstein)

http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/default_en.asp?ID=2163

atheneglaukopis
10-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Awww...Poor Rafa. :sad:

NeverSayDie
10-29-2006, 06:26 PM
:sobbing: Oh Rafa! Good luck in Shanghai :rolleyes:

Johnny Groove
10-29-2006, 06:40 PM
OK, how come every time I start a cheering thread, he either pulls out (Beijing, Paris) or plays like crap (Stockholm)? Can someone else make the Shanghai thread? :sobbing:

BjŲrki
10-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Rafa :sad:

MariaV
10-29-2006, 06:48 PM
:hug: Blaze, I'm not sure I bring better luck so.... :sad: :sad:
Get well soon Rafael! :hug: :hug:

MariaV
10-29-2006, 06:50 PM
Why can't ROGER have Marat as his second round person. Huh?

As for Marat/Rafa. Man, ordinarily there would be NO WAY I could cheer for one over the other, but in this case, I think I'm gonna have to go with Raf. He needs to build his confidence with some good wins again and as somebody else pointed out, I'd like to see a fired up Rafi in TMC, otherwise, they might as well just gift wrap that freaking trophy and present to Federer before the tournament begins to save everyone the time. sigh.

ALLEZ RAFI!
They can gift wrap it anyway. :rolleyes: Unless Rafa does something about it. :(

LOVE it too!!!!! :yeah: :hearts: :inlove:

mallorn
10-29-2006, 06:50 PM
:lol: Awww, I'm sure it's not you, Jonathan, or Maria. :hug: :hug:

I'll start the Shanghai thread though if you want to. ;)

Damn, I'm so gutted and I feel so sorry for Rafa. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Johnny Groove
10-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Ania and Bjorki are the only ones that should be allowed to start the threads :awww:

mallorn
10-29-2006, 06:52 PM
They can gift wrap it anyway. :rolleyes: Unless Rafa does something about it. :(
Huh. No kidding. :rolleyes:

MariaV
10-29-2006, 06:52 PM
I can be proud of myself. :D I could keep myself from answering to all the :bs: in the GM.

mallorn
10-29-2006, 06:53 PM
I take it you've seen the thread in GM? It's like going back in time, exactly the same moronic comments as last year. :rolleyes:

mallorn
10-29-2006, 06:54 PM
I can be proud of myself. :D I could keep myself from answering to all the :bs: in the GM.
I couldn't. :o

MariaV
10-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Well Ania, morons will stay morons.... :rolleyes:
I just wanted to say why do you even bother. :hug:

mallorn
10-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Well Ania, morons will stay morons.... :rolleyes:
I know, why bother...:shrug: Sometimes I just can't help myself though. :lol:
Edit: We posted at exactly the same time, lol.

MariaV
10-29-2006, 06:57 PM
I know, why bother...:shrug: Sometimes I just can't help myself though. :lol:

:hug: :hug: :lol: I can't help myself sometimes either. ;)

Johnny Groove
10-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Maria is stronger than us. Here is my response in case u guys havent seen it

Wow! you guys are all such comedians!!!! Such original material!!!

El P1GGY wuz ScUURed boot y Draw!11111! mrat wulda raosted hmi!!

:retard: :retard:

I shoulda thrown something about Tio Toni in there, but I abstained :sad:

mallorn
10-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Maria is stronger than us. Here is my response in case u guys havent seen it

I shoulda thrown something about Tio Toni in there, but I abstained :sad:
Well done! :lol:

BTW, I opened the Shanghai thread. :awww:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=4370001#post4370001

Castafiore
10-30-2006, 06:48 AM
:awww:

Get well soon, Rafa!:hug:

I'll try to prevent myself from commenting in GM. I wonder if that ignore list works?
Somebody....slap me if I do comment and get carried away (again)...;)
What's the use? Same old comments from the same old bunch.

Great avie, Blaze!

The Pro
10-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Ania and Bjorki are the only ones that should be allowed to start the threads :awww:

That's it folks! Don't let Blaze near the thread starter!!!

Sunset of Age
10-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Poor Rafa!
Let's hope he'll be back in form for Shanghai...

mallorn
10-30-2006, 05:09 PM

I'll try to prevent myself from commenting in GM. I wonder if that ignore list works?

Great avie, Blaze!
On the other hand if we start slapping one another every time there's a moronic thread about Rafa in GM, we'll all be unconscious in no time. :lol:

Some of the comments yesterday were VERY telling, though. ;)

mallorn
10-30-2006, 05:13 PM
That's it folks! Don't let Blaze near the thread starter!!!
Oh, come on, don't be hard on him. ;) And don't put all the pressure on my and Bjorki's slender shoulders! :scared: :lol:

cmurray
10-30-2006, 05:21 PM

Great avie, Blaze!

Yep. no sense arguing. There is no way any of that crew is going to listen to reason.

Alexandy
10-30-2006, 07:20 PM
Poor, Rafa. :( Get well soon. Hopefully, he'll be well enough to play in Shanghai.

The Pro
10-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Oh, come on, don't be hard on him. ;) And don't put all the pressure on my and Bjorki's slender shoulders! :scared: :lol:

Yeah you're right, pretty soon we're all gonna be as superstitious as Rafa.:unsure:

I guess it's not beyond me to start a thread now and again.

mallorn
10-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Yeah you're right, pretty soon we're all gonna be as superstitious as Rafa.:unsure:
We'll be rearranging our (water) bottles and other things :p watching his matches. :unsure: ;)
I guess it's not beyond me to start a thread now and again.
:yeah:

Johnny Groove
10-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Im not starting a thread again :sobbing:

Guerry lover
11-01-2006, 01:51 AM
I think that it's a big loss for Paris-Bercy cuz the greatest tennismen don't participate to this tournament ,now a lot of person will think that the winner isn't a real winner,he's just a lucky player!:scratch: