Why do so many people have that stupid Berdych "shhhh" avvie now? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why do so many people have that stupid Berdych "shhhh" avvie now?

Johnny Groove
10-22-2006, 01:03 PM
:ras: :ras: :ras:

Rogiman
10-22-2006, 01:46 PM
The great moment it was... I hope Federer does it to the crowd today too, just for fun :D

Rgask
10-22-2006, 02:35 PM
It waz an amazing moment......Thats why i changed my signature too....Amazing!!!!!:worship:

gusman890
10-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Berdych is cool

the madrid crowd needs to be slapped a few times over. No wonder they are the worst crowd during international football ;)

Fed=ATPTourkilla
10-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Because it was a great moment. A stupid crowd conclusively shut up. :)

jwoodrx
10-22-2006, 02:49 PM
What I've noticed is that in some he is wearing a black shirt and in some a white shirt; so did he do this more than once?:confused:

fefa19
10-22-2006, 02:56 PM
What I've noticed is that in some he is wearing a black shirt and in some a white shirt; so did he do this more than once?:confused:
Yeah, he´s done it before, but it was a totally different situation.

As for the avatars...well, I think everyone is free to express their feeling regarding to Tomas´ gesture. And for me is more disrespectful that you call him "stupid" than people with an avatar like that.

charlie666
10-22-2006, 03:10 PM
Boy this was really worth opening a thread...:rolleyes:

alfonsojose
10-22-2006, 03:52 PM
sssshhhhhhhh !!

The Pro
10-22-2006, 04:03 PM
:lol:

But, in my opinion, Rafa clearly has more class than Berdych. He was praising of Berdych in the interview, in terms of his tennis. He even took opportunities to comment on it without being asked. He was eloquent and explained himself well.

Berdych left big self serving gaps of logic (they booed me because I beat Rafa -o really?) and had nothing good to say. Rafa never antagonises the crwod, so Berdych's heroic effort is causing Berdych to pay the price. Actions have consequences!!! It may all be very impressive, but he scuppered his chances against Gonzalez, so how smart is he really?

The shushers should think about that while admiring his defiance. I still don't hold criticism of Berdych personnally, he had a point, but this is how it has gone.

Corey Feldman
10-22-2006, 04:08 PM
Because friday night was one of the greatest... and funniest nights in tennis history :D

LilyRoseAva
10-22-2006, 04:39 PM
in white, during the wtc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3eQ72dL0JQ

ShimSham
10-22-2006, 05:10 PM
in white, during the wtc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3eQ72dL0JQ

So this finger to lips thing, he does, is his trademark! :D

Rgask
10-22-2006, 05:35 PM
Its a nice way to wrap up a win.....:worship:

bpt7
10-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Because friday night was one of the greatest... and funniest nights in tennis history :D
lol :clap2:

MariaV
10-22-2006, 06:19 PM

Maybe for you, but for me Saturday afternoon was so much better. :D :wavey:

mir
10-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Maybe for you, but for me Saturday afternoon was so much better. :D :wavey:

Why Maria?
What happened, what happened, what did I miss

[:secret: or do you mean Dave getting bagelled? That was fun :yeah:]

GlennMirnyi
10-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Because it's the most beautiful moment of the year so far. Berdych humiliating the least educated crowd of the world.

GlennMirnyi
10-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Because it's the most beautiful moment of the year so far. Berdych humiliating the least educated crowd of the world.

MariaV
10-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Why Maria?
What happened, what happened, what did I miss

[:secret: or do you mean Dave getting bagelled? That was fun :yeah:]

You missed the 'oh-so-bad Madrid crowd' getting to Diva Berdy all of sudden after on Friday he was oh-so-cool making the shhhh-gesture. :lol:

Cristine
10-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Great question.

Fed=ATPTourkilla
10-22-2006, 07:17 PM
You missed the 'oh-so-bad Madrid crowd' getting to Diva Berdy all of sudden after on Friday he was oh-so-cool making the shhhh-gesture. :lol:

That was a pity, yes. :) I was rather hoping Berdych would win the tournament and do it after every match. Unfortunately, he was nowhere near as cool vs Gonzo. Must be because there weren't any cheap topspin moonballs for him to swat away. :D

neenah
10-22-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm going to sound totally stupid, but I went away for the weekend and completely missed what happened.. I returned to find so many people hating/loving Berdych. Could someone tell me what happened? :confused:

tangerine_dream
10-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Because Berdych is THE MAN :worship: :worship: :worship:

stebs
10-22-2006, 08:42 PM
I'm going to sound totally stupid, but I went away for the weekend and completely missed what happened.. I returned to find so many people hating/loving Berdych. Could someone tell me what happened? :confused:

Berdych is beating Rafa. Second set goes to a breaker. Crowd are becoming really nasty toward Berdych, cheering all errors inculding DF's and going over the top with support for Rafa. Berdych plays some really great tennis to win a great match and as he walks to the net makes a "shhhhhhhhhhh" gesture. In the ensuing interviews Berdych says nothing about what happened whilst Rafa calls him stupid for doing what he did.

Berdych then meets Gonzalez where the crowd are insane about what happened and egg him on to defeat by acting in a horrible way.

alfonsojose
10-22-2006, 08:45 PM
forum without bulge/butt pics = closed forum :D

neenah
10-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Berdych is beating Rafa. Second set goes to a breaker. Crowd are becoming really nasty toward Berdych, cheering all errors inculding DF's and going over the top with support for Rafa. Berdych plays some really great tennis to win a great match and as he walks to the net makes a "shhhhhhhhhhh" gesture. In the ensuing interviews Berdych says nothing about what happened whilst Rafa calls him stupid for doing what he did.

Berdych then meets Gonzalez where the crowd are insane about what happened and egg him on to defeat by acting in a horrible way.

Thanks for explaining. :)

That sounds very :eek:! So now Berdych gained some fans for how he played in the matches and has some people who don't think too highly of him.

Lunaris
10-22-2006, 10:04 PM
I thought that I might use that avi as well, but clearly the queue is too long now, so I will keep Danka. She is certainly far more beautiful than Tomas.;)

LilyRoseAva
10-23-2006, 12:52 AM
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/825/berdygifcf5.gif http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9954/gifberdcof3.gif

:p :p

Corey Feldman
10-23-2006, 12:59 AM
any pics of when they 'shook' at the net..
i wanna see Rafa's sobbing face "you very bad... you beat me, very bad" :baby: whatever

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
10-23-2006, 04:25 AM
Tomas is my new idol! :nerner:

rmb6687
10-23-2006, 05:37 AM
i was thinking about changing too...but too many other people have done it, so i'll stick to good ole safin.

however, Tomas earned about 100 cool points for doing what he did. Beating Nadal again...and 'shhh' sign.

PamV
10-23-2006, 06:56 PM
:ras: :ras: :ras:

You could be different and create an Avatar with Nadal sushing the crowd?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/PJ2004/Tennis/NadalSush.gif
"The crowd yesterday didn't really behave as you should when you're watching a match of tennis," Nadal said.

"I've never seen anything like that in Spain, but this is France."

rmb6687
10-23-2006, 08:30 PM
You could be different and create an Avatar with Nadal sushing the crowd?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/PJ2004/Tennis/NadalSush.gif
"The crowd yesterday didn't really behave as you should when you're watching a match of tennis," Nadal said.

"I've never seen anything like that in Spain, but this is France."

not nearly as cool when he does it.

PamV
10-23-2006, 08:34 PM
not nearly as cool when he does it.

Can someone make side by side pics of Nadal and Berdych both shushing the crowd? That might be cute.

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
10-23-2006, 08:48 PM
... and what about Jarkko Nieminen? :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/mypixforum/nieminen.jpg

carinpatel
10-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Berdych gesture is saying two things : 1) I want to hear the umpire 2) if I won this kiss is for you all". Tennis needs silence,patience and love from the public. Berdych is simply calling for respect and returning the gratitude to the public.