The pleeeeeease win a match in Basel cheering thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The pleeeeeease win a match in Basel cheering thread

alisia
10-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Another crap title but hey who cares he'll proably lose in the 1st round anyway & the draws out :o

(1) R. Federer - Qualifier
Qualifier - G. Garcia-Lopez
J. Novak - J. Hajek
(WC) M. Chiudinelli - (5) D. Ferrer

(4) T. Berdych - F. Volandri
B. Becker - P. Srichaphan
J.I. Chela - P. Kohlschreiber
A. Montanes - (7) J. Acasuso

(6) A. Murray - (WC) J.M. del Potro
Qualifier - (WC) G. Bastl
M. Fish - J. Vanek
Qualifier - (3) F. Gonzalez

(8) A. Calleri - S. Wawrinka
T. Henman - C. Rochus
R. Ramirez-Hidalgo - F. Lopez
Qualifier - (2) D. Nalbandian

*Ljubica*
10-23-2006, 09:38 AM
Agree it is a bad draw - against the local hero :rolleyes: But lets be positive - and big :wavey: and :hug: from me from Basel.

FerrersLinda
10-23-2006, 01:37 PM
Wow I can tell you needed a vacation Ali. Be positive, you know our David will do great when you least expect it. And I saw Roger play Gonzo yesterday and he looked sorta shaky.:lol: :lol: :lol:

VAMOS DAVID

alisia
10-23-2006, 05:39 PM
Wow I can tell you needed a vacation Ali. Be positive, you know our David will do great when you least expect it. And I saw Roger play Gonzo yesterday and he looked sorta shaky.:lol: :lol: :lol:

VAMOS DAVID

:eek: It was a bit harsh wasn't it :o

FerrersLinda
10-23-2006, 05:44 PM
:eek: It was a bit harsh wasn't it :o

It was but you just need a little RR. So when you come back you'll be sweet and nice Ali again........rrrrrrrriiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhht. :lol:

alisia
10-23-2006, 05:53 PM
It was but you just need a little RR. So when you come back you'll be sweet and nice Ali again........rrrrrrrriiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhht. :lol:

Some friend you are :eek:

FerrersLinda
10-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Some friend you are :eek:

I am, I am and I also am a realist. Don't worry, I like my friends to be a little like me.:devil:

alisia
10-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Order of play for Tuesday

Centre Court

starting at 12: Fish - Vanek

not before 13.45: Novak - Hajek

not before 15.45: Becker - Srichaphan

not before 17.45: Federer - Zib

followed by: Ferrer - Chiudinelli
followed by: Bastl - Burgsmüller

FerrersLinda
10-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Order of play for Tuesday

Centre Court

starting at 12: Fish - Vanek

not before 13.45: Novak - Hajek

not before 15.45: Becker - Srichaphan

not before 17.45: Federer - Zib

followed by: Ferrer - Chiudinelli
followed by: Bastl - Burgsmüller

So Davids match will start around 18.30.:rolleyes:

LaTenista
10-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Vamos David! :scared:

RogiFan88
10-24-2006, 04:28 PM
here's a live video link:

mms://event-2-all.eurosport.com/reflector:41354

RogiFan88
10-24-2006, 04:59 PM
hey you guys, you're missing David v. Marco LIVE now!!! just saw him walking onto the court!

LaTenista
10-24-2006, 05:11 PM
I can't get the stream to work. :sobbing:

alisia
10-24-2006, 05:27 PM
:worship: Thank you RF :worship:
After having a hard day walking around Karnak & Luxor in the 80's I come back to find a livestream for David's match :D I'm now watching it with Beth, Louise & Karen!! Michael is in the bar talking football :rolleyes: Unfortunately David is in muppet mode :smash: Thou Louise thinks he's very cute :devil:

LaTenista
10-24-2006, 05:32 PM
There is a god, finally it's working for me. :bowdown:

FerrersLinda
10-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Hello, the stream doesn't work for me. :(

alisia
10-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Hello, the stream doesn't work for me. :(

It does for me :D He's wearing those green shorts :ras: & top

FerrersLinda
10-24-2006, 05:56 PM
It does for me :D He's wearing those green shorts :ras: & top

Thanks for the help. :sad:

LaTenista
10-24-2006, 06:11 PM
They are grey, not green. :p

Linda, keep trying, I had to click on it about 15 times before it worked for me.

FerrersLinda
10-24-2006, 06:13 PM

Linda, keep trying, I had to click on it about 15 times before it worked for me.

Okie, thanks!:)

alisia
10-24-2006, 06:13 PM

They look olive green to me anyway they are :ras:
:bounce: He's broken at last :bounce:

LaTenista
10-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Only after he lost the first set in that miserable TB. :rolleyes:

Vamos David! :bounce:

FerrersLinda
10-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Isa, it keeps telling me "access denied".
But i'll keep trying.

LaTenista
10-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Hmmmm, the message was getting before it worked was "Network Error"

alisia
10-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Isa have you lost the link :mad: Need to get yet another drink :D

alisia
10-24-2006, 06:36 PM
According to the scoreboard he's won the 2nd set :bounce:

LaTenista
10-24-2006, 06:39 PM
It's frozen where David was mid-serve :eek:

alisia
10-24-2006, 06:42 PM
It's frozen where David was mid-serve :eek:

Thank god for that I thought I may have had tooo much sun & alcohol :D

LaTenista
10-24-2006, 06:45 PM
Now they were just interviewing Ancic from St. Petersburg.

LaTenista
10-24-2006, 07:05 PM
David's up a break in the 3rd. :yeah: Just keep holding serve and we're home free.

LaTenista
10-24-2006, 07:21 PM
He blew a MP. Now he's got to serve it out. :scared:

alisia
10-24-2006, 07:29 PM
:bounce: He's won a match :bounce: Novak is up next :unsure: isn't it about time he retired :D

LaTenista
10-24-2006, 07:31 PM
:bounce: He's won a match :bounce: Novak is up next :unsure: isn't it about time he retired :D

I think so. But somehow I'm predicting another nailbiting 3 setter. :rolleyes:

RogiFan88
10-24-2006, 07:38 PM
well done, David! is Rosie there?

I agree, Novak s retire... along w a few others I can think of... [so mean of me!] :lol:

FerrersLinda
10-24-2006, 07:39 PM
I think so. But somehow I'm predicting another nailbiting 3 setter. :rolleyes:

I'm with you on that one.:rolleyes:

But after Novak, David is gonna bitchslap Rogilio of the court.....VAMOS VAMOS.

:awww:

FerrersLinda
10-24-2006, 07:40 PM
well done, David! is Rosie there?

I agree, Novak s retire... along w a few others I can think of... [so mean of me!] :lol:

:wavey: RF

Yep the lucky girl is there.

Sue
10-24-2006, 08:22 PM
WAHHHOOOOOOOO! Go David!!!!

*Ljubica*
10-25-2006, 11:23 AM
:wavey: RF

Yep the lucky girl is there.

Well I'm not sure "lucky" is the word :rolleyes: Suffering through 3 sets of torture as about the only person supporting David amongst a sea of Swiss (especially during that 1st set tie-break) is not for the faint hearted. As for the blown match point :unsure: Not a match I enjoyed I have to say. Anyway- he is through - and I will be coming home tomorrow morning to pick up my baby Caspar :bounce: Javi has gone home too - some family stuff to deal with. Bye for now :wavey:

RogiFan88
10-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Rosie, at least David won that match vs. the local fave -- bodes well for DC07 R1, no? Hope your baby Caspar is OK now... as well as he can be under the circumstances. ;)

alisia
10-25-2006, 07:04 PM
Well I'm not sure "lucky" is the word :rolleyes: Suffering through 3 sets of torture as about the only person supporting David amongst a sea of Swiss (especially during that 1st set tie-break) is not for the faint hearted. As for the blown match point :unsure: Not a match I enjoyed I have to say. Anyway- he is through - and I will be coming home tomorrow morning to pick up my baby Caspar :bounce: Javi has gone home too - some family stuff to deal with. Bye for now :wavey:

I think we heard your lone voice Rosie :D What have you done to poor Javi :eek: Hope Caspar is going to be ok.

Nice to see he won a doubles match for a change but then again he wasn't playing with Tommy ;) Tomorrow he plays 3rd on court 2 :mad: so no coverage for you ladies

FerrersLinda
10-25-2006, 07:06 PM
I think we heard your lone voice Rosie :D What have you done to poor Javi :eek: Hope Caspar is going to be ok.

David plays 3rd on court 2 on Thursday

That's what I want to know too, what have you done to Javi?:rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
10-26-2006, 12:00 PM
That's what I want to know too, what have you done to Javi?:rolleyes:

:awww: How mean - I have done nothing to Javi - how could you think so badly of me :awww: Anyway- I am on my way home now - complete with a dreadful sore throat (probably the beginning of a cold) - and the first person who dares to say I caught it from Andy Murray (who withdrew with a throat infection) - will get a BIG SLAP :devil: Wish I could stay to watch my baby JMDP - but Caspar comes first!!! Catch you later.

FerrersLinda
10-26-2006, 04:05 PM
:awww: How mean - I have done nothing to Javi - how could you think so badly of me :awww: Anyway- I am on my way home now - complete with a dreadful sore throat (probably the beginning of a cold) - and the first person who dares to say I caught it from Andy Murray (who withdrew with a throat infection) - will get a BIG SLAP :devil: Wish I could stay to watch my baby JMDP - but Caspar comes first!!! Catch you later.

Sorry Rosie:hug: but I'm still curious.:aplot:

Hope your trip home is going smoothly. And that sore throat Andy gave you won't develop into a cold;) and Caspars homecoming will be good. Go Caspar!

Your baby won Ros, so congrats on that. Now I'm all alone, damn you Ali I thought you had the whole Loveboat rooting for Davey, and David has already lost the first set.:eek: He's 3-2 up in the second to make it a epic Ferrer match. VAMOS DAVID

RogiFan88
10-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Rosie will be happy JMDP won today!

David, VAMOS!! Get rid of that oldie! [oops hope there aren't any Novak fans here... ] :lol:

*Ljubica*
10-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Sorry Rosie:hug: but I'm still curious.:aplot:

Hope your trip home is going smoothly. And that sore throat Andy gave you won't develop into a cold;) and Caspars homecoming will be good. Go Caspar!

Your baby won Ros, so congrats on that. Now I'm all alone, damn you Ali I thought you had the whole Loveboat rooting for Davey, and David has already lost the first set.:eek: He's 3-2 up in the second to make it a epic Ferrer match. VAMOS DAVID

You're not alone Linda :hug: I'm here now. Caspar is sleeping by the side of me - poor Wilby (with the abscess) is sleeping on the other side, as I took him for some pain killers and an antibiotic injection when I went up to collect Caspar. All my other boys are in Basel and I am home now :tears: No more live tennis for me til April/May next year. Come on David!!!

FerrersLinda
10-26-2006, 04:28 PM
You're not alone Linda :hug: I'm here now. Caspar is sleeping by the side of me - poor Wilby (with the abscess) is sleeping on the other side, as I took him for some pain killers and an antibiotic injection when I went up to collect Caspar. All my other boys are in Basel and I am home now :tears: No more live tennis for me til April/May next year. Come on David!!!

Rosie:wavey: Good to hear you have your family complete again.

Davey has just won the second set. Well done.:clap2:

FerrersLinda
10-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Rosie will be happy JMDP won today!

David, VAMOS!! Get rid of that oldie! [oops hope there aren't any Novak fans here... ] :lol:

Hi there RF. No Novak fans here that I know of so feel free to cheer loudly for David.:D

RogiFan88
10-26-2006, 04:31 PM
vamos, David!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Ljubica*
10-26-2006, 04:37 PM
I lke Jiri :o He's a big sweetie................. but don't worry I'm still cheering for David............Can't do it loudly though - this damned sore throat stops me speaking above a whisper!! Some may say it's an improvement!!

FerrersLinda
10-26-2006, 04:41 PM
I lke Jiri :o He's a big sweetie................. but don't worry I'm still cheering for David............Can't do it loudly though - this damned sore throat stops me speaking above a whisper!! Some may say it's an improvement!!

You're not allowed to scream anyway or your babies will wake up and they need their rest. I've got nothing against Jiri either just that he's playing my favorite player today.

David 3-1 up in the third.:D

FerrersLinda
10-26-2006, 04:56 PM
David wins 6-2, 3-6, 3-6.
Yippeee!

*Ljubica*
10-26-2006, 05:06 PM
You're not allowed to scream anyway or your babies will wake up and they need their rest. I've got nothing against Jiri either just that he's playing my favorite player today.

David 3-1 up in the third.:D

That's true :) And well done David :bounce: The dreaded Federer next :eek:

alisia
10-26-2006, 06:11 PM
:bounce: He won 63 in the 3rd :bounce: Somehow I don't think it will be too easy tomorrow v Federer :scared: but you can hope Federer will have a really really bad day either that or twist his ankle :devil:
Glad your babies are home Rosie & I see your other baby in Basel won again.

LaTenista
10-26-2006, 07:59 PM
:woohoo: Did I predict that or what? :p

Time for Fed to get super tight and all emotional about playing at home so David can surprise him. :D

Sue
10-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Poor David- a couple of decent wins and he comes up against Fed. Never mind- nobody is unbeatable.......VAMOS DAVID!!!

RogiFan88
10-26-2006, 10:10 PM
oops, time to exit, stage R... :lol:

RogiFan88
10-27-2006, 04:58 PM
you're not watching this match on live video?

mms://event-2-all.eurosport.com/reflector:41354

swissmiss
10-27-2006, 05:59 PM
David fought like a warrior today!! I adore him because he never gives up and fights to the end. So close and so sad:confused:
Now we can look forward to Paris and hope he has a good run there!

LaTenista
10-27-2006, 06:03 PM
I never got the stream to work today. :sad:

:hug: Pobrecito David.

*Ljubica*
10-27-2006, 06:41 PM
David was great tonight - I was really proud of him :) They showed the entire match on Eurosport. He was a little tentative in the 1st set - but in the 2nd he fought so hard and played so well :worship: He broke Roger's serve and had numerous set points in the tie break that went to something like 14-12 before Roger won :eek: David had a standing ovation from the crowd as he left the court, and he was smiling and seemed really happy - he even laughed during the match. It was a fantastic performance, and our commentators here love David now for his fighting spririt. I am very proud of him and not at all sad that he lost - hope Roger wins the tournament now - I know how much it means to him to win at home.

alisia
10-27-2006, 06:45 PM
David was great tonight - I was really proud of him :) They showed the entire match on Eurosport. He was a little tentative in the 1st set - but in the 2nd he fought so hard and played so well :worship: He broke Roger's serve and had numerous set points in the tie break that went to something like 14-12 before Roger won n:eek: David had a standing ovation from the crowd as he left the court, and he was smiling and seemed really happy - he even laughed during the match. It was a fantastic performance, and our commentators here love David now for his fighting spririt. I am very proud of him and not at all sad that he lost - hope Roger wins the tournament now - I know how much it means to him to win at home.

:wavey: My mum is an :angel: she sent me a text message to say she was recording it for me :D I've just phoned home & she said the dogs were going mental with her screaming & that he deserved to win the 2nd set!

FerrersLinda
10-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Sounds like the real David came out to play today. I was so afraid that once again all he'd be able to do was cry in his bandana.

This is why I love him, his fighting spirit.:bounce: Well played!:D

*Ljubica*
10-27-2006, 07:14 PM
:wavey: My mum is an :angel: she sent me a text message to say she was recording it for me :D I've just phoned home & she said the dogs were going mental with her screaming & that he deserved to win the 2nd set!

Ali :wavey: How are you and how is the Loveboat? And yes - he did deserve to win that 2nd set - and it was actually 16-14 in the tie-break - so even longer than I remember it!! :eek: And you're right Linda - the "real" David did come out today yes.

RogiFan88
10-27-2006, 07:19 PM
I am happy that David made the QF of Basel, an indoor carpet tournament! Well done for pushing Rogi to the limits in the TB! I hope David can take positives out of this match for Paris and for 2007! ;) I watched the 2nd set and he was playing quite well in that set all the way to the end of the match. Rogi made too many UEs in that set, more than winners.

Sue
10-27-2006, 10:40 PM
So pleased that David did himself justice out there on court today. And there's no disgrace in losing to the World No. 1. Well done David!

Sue
10-27-2006, 11:17 PM
And here's some footage.....David plays some great points.....I'm so pleased for him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7WEeXDROg8

RogiFan88
10-28-2006, 03:55 AM
It was fun watching David working his strategy vs. Rogi in those long rallies! I was going crazy! I have to check the Spanish papers to see if they gave David his due. ;)

It's pouring out and cold and yukky and late [but we turn our clocks back one hour tomorrow night, yay!] so VAMOS, DAVID en PARIS!!

Have fun there, Sue! ;)

FerrersLinda
10-28-2006, 04:13 PM
And here's some footage.....David plays some great points.....I'm so pleased for him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7WEeXDROg8

Thanks for the link Sue.:yeah:

David was pushing every ball back over the net. Making Rogie run from side to side. Well played, like a real warrior. :D

Sue
10-28-2006, 05:03 PM
My pleasure :-))))

alisia
10-21-2007, 03:09 PM
The draw is out

Roger Federer (SUI-1) - Michael Berrer (GER)
Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG) - Michael Russell (USA)
Nicolas Kiefer (GER) - Carlos Berlocq (ARG)
Stefan Koubek (AUT) - Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG-7)

James Blake (USA-WC-4) - Oscar Hernandez (ESP)
Ivo Karlovic (CRO) - Marco Ciudinelli (WC)
David Nalbandian (ARG) - Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI)
Feliciano Lopez (ESP) - Tomas Berdych (CZE-5)

Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA-WC-8) - Frank Dancevic (CAN)
Amer Delic (USA) - Qualifier
Alber Montanes (ESP) - Marcos Baghdatis (CYP)
Agustin Calleri (ARG) - David Ferrer (ESP-3)

Guillermo Canas (ARG-6) - Jose Acasuso (ARG)
Robby Ginepri (USA) - Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)
Qualifier - Qualifier
Qualifier - Fernando Gonzalez (CHI-2)

*Ljubica*
10-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Good luck in one of my favourite tournaments David :) I am still toying with the idea of going to Basel for a couple of days tomorrow, - but I am coming under some pressure to go to Paris next weekend instead, and I can't really do both - so still deciding :o

LaTenista
10-22-2007, 04:30 AM
What a tough life you lead Rosie :rolleyes: :p

Buena suerte David.

FerrersLinda
10-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Go get those valuable points David. Vamos!!:yippee:

alisia
10-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Oop for Tuesday

Center Court

12:30
Robby Ginepri, USA - Jarkko Nieminen, FIN
14:00
David Ferrer, ESP - Agustin Calleri, ARG
16:00
Paul-Henri Mathieu, FRA - Frank Dancevic, CAN
17:45
Roger Federer, SUI - Michael Berrer, GER
20:00
Fernando Gonzalez, ESP - Jerome Haehnel, FRA
anschl.
Marco Chiudinelli, SUI - Ivo Karlovic, CRO

alisia
10-23-2007, 01:27 PM
:mad: Muppet boy lost the first set 6-4 :smash:

alisia
10-23-2007, 02:05 PM
He got broke serving for the 2nd set :fiery: :smash:

*Ljubica*
10-23-2007, 02:05 PM
:mad: Muppet boy lost the first set 6-4 :smash:

Eurosport have just started their coverage now. David seems to be making a lot of UE :rolleyes: Calleri is playing pretty well, but then he played very well against Dima in Madrid last week too - must be going through a good spell right now.

alisia
10-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Eurosport have just started their coverage now. David seems to be making a lot of UE :rolleyes: Calleri is playing pretty well, but then he played very well against Dima in Madrid last week too - must be going through a good spell right now.

Thank god I set the sky+ box up then even if it will only be for the tie-break :rolleyes:

FerrersLinda
10-23-2007, 02:26 PM
:ras:

Is our boy nervous? How did he turn that lead in the second around to a loss in a tiebreak?:scratch: 6-4, 7-6

David:hug:

*Ljubica*
10-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Thank god I set the sky+ box up then even if it will only be for the tie-break :rolleyes:

You won't want to see it :rolleyes: David threw his toys out of the pram - broke his racquet, and did his spoilt, sulky boy act :rolleyes: All Agustin had to do was stand there and hit the ball back. I do like Agustin though :inlove:

FerrersLinda
10-23-2007, 02:37 PM
You won't want to see it :rolleyes: David threw his toys out of the pram - broke his racquet, and did his spoilt, sulky boy act :rolleyes: All Agustin had to do was stand there and hit the ball back. I do like Agustin though :inlove:

I like Sr. Calleri to but I really wanted David to win this an make sure he's going to Shanghai.:rolleyes: I'll just have to go to Paris next week and slap some sense into the boy.:devil:

alisia
10-23-2007, 02:38 PM

But I love spoilt little brat David :inlove: I like Agustin too I mean what isn't there to like :devil:

*Ljubica*
10-23-2007, 02:42 PM
But I love spoilt little brat David :inlove: I like Agustin too I mean what isn't there to like :devil:

Absolutely :lol: And one of the few men I think we ALL agree is gorgeous! Pity he's married with a child though :awww:

FerrersLinda
10-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Absolutely :lol: And one of the few men I think we ALL agree is gorgeous! Pity he's married with a child though :awww:

Oh my god:eek: I think you might be right. We all like him:yippee: I don't mind the wife and child, as long as he doesn't bring them when he visits me.:devil:

*Ljubica*
10-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Oh my god:eek: I think you might be right. We all like him:yippee: I don't mind the wife and child, as long as he doesn't bring them when he visits me.:devil:

:eek: Hussy :eek: And I thought I was bad :lol: So what do you plan to do with Marat during Agustin's visit? Lock him in the wardrobe? :devil: And what about poor Dik :awww: Linda - you are a bad, BAD girl - that's why we love you so much!

FerrersLinda
10-23-2007, 10:29 PM
:eek: Hussy :eek: And I thought I was bad :lol: So what do you plan to do with Marat during Agustin's visit? Lock him in the wardrobe? :devil: And what about poor Dik :awww: Linda - you are a bad, BAD girl - that's why we love you so much!

I think Marat and Augustin would get on just fine.:) Dik, Dik who?:devil:

*Ljubica*
10-24-2007, 05:31 AM
I think Marat and Augustin would get on just fine.:) Dik, Dik who?:devil:

Not if Marat was flouncing around and throwing tantrums like he was in Madrid last week - Agustin has better taste :devil: And as I get older I admit the appeal of the tantrum-throwing spoilt brat fades for me - I want a man to look after me, not the other way around! As for Dik - he's a star - and you know it!!!! :)