-------------------------- [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

--------------------------

Just Cause
10-22-2006, 01:54 AM
I am everyone knows he already exceeds his race points at this time last year.
He also reaches 6 out of 7 TMS finals comparing to 5 out of 6. Let's not even mention the slams. He will complete a career slam in 2007. If he can win Australian Open again, then he will be ready to complete a golden slam/career slam in 2007.

Johnny Groove
10-22-2006, 01:58 AM
SHOCKING NEWS. GOOD GOD. I DID NOT KNOW THOSE STATS

guga2120
10-22-2006, 02:11 AM
I think he can complete the slam, he is proably overall the greatest player i have ever seen, but if you put him and Nadal right now in a 5 set match on clay i would not bet on Federer, how could you?

atheneglaukopis
10-22-2006, 02:18 AM
Completing a Golden Slam in 2007 would be a feat indeed.

Regenbogen
10-22-2006, 02:22 AM

:rolls: just what I was thinking

rofe
10-22-2006, 04:45 AM

Why not? He is JesusFed. Moving the summer Olympics to 2007 is a piece of cake for him.

ufokart
10-22-2006, 04:47 AM
Why not? He is JesusFed. Moving the summer Olympics to 2007 is a piece of cake for him.

:haha: :haha:

*Viva Chile*
10-22-2006, 05:20 AM
:yawn:

deliveryman
10-22-2006, 06:02 AM
It would be interesting to see if Roger can complete the career 4 Slams and win all 9 TMS's at least once... now THAT would be an accomplishment.

atheneglaukopis
10-22-2006, 06:12 AM
Why not? He is JesusFed. Moving the summer Olympics to 2007 is a piece of cake for him.Sure, maybe they'll even hold them at Wimbledon. :lol:

rofe
10-22-2006, 06:13 AM
It would be interesting to see if Roger can complete the career 4 Slams and win all 9 TMS's at least once... now THAT would be an accomplishment.

Forget about 4 slams and 9 TMS, it will be interesting to see if he can keep up what he has achieved over the last three years.

guga2120
10-22-2006, 06:20 AM
for what he has done the last 3 years if he just wins the French and thats it, he will be the greatest ever, and can retire at 26.

Fed-Express
10-22-2006, 08:07 AM
Well, what's interesting is that the ESPN commentators yesterday said that Roger himself stated that after this season he now believes that he has the ability to win the CYGS in 2007. Does somebody have an article?

Dem0
10-22-2006, 12:03 PM
I would love to see Federer win RG in 2007, he's awesome and deserves to win all four GS. But it will sure be difficult, it would be better if someone defeats Nadal before reaching the finals hehe (though it's really tough too).

Dancing Hero
10-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Federer is certainly one of the best players I have seen, that's what I can say. If he claims RG in 2007, he would have won everything and would have a solid claim as being the best ever, considering his record since 2003. He's won the Wimbledon-US double for the last 3 years, never achieved before, certainly in the modern game. Federer could have won the GS in 2006 considering he was in all 4 finals. He's proven even on clay he's no worse than no.2 or 3.

Even if he does not win RG '07, he is still a supreme player and would have a chance in another year. Federer may have a good 5 or 6 years ahead of him to win it.

All_Slam_Andre
10-22-2006, 01:58 PM
I have a feeling that Nadal will beat Federer to win the Australian Open, but Federer will get his revenge to win the French Open. I don't know why, just a feeling that I have. Certainly I don't think Federer or Nadal would be too disappointed if this was to happen. Federer would complete the full set of grand slams and have a 'magical' double digit grand slam count, while Nadal would finally silence his doubters by winning non-clay grand slam.

buzz
10-22-2006, 02:08 PM
next year will be the first year federer can hardly improve in terms of ranking points. he wil probably have to win al four slams to do so:eek:

but since he has always done better every year...., maybe 1 loss in the entire year to Nadal at AO final ;)

at least win the french federer, or lose either WIM or USO otherwise it is getting boring!!!!!

Exodus
10-22-2006, 02:21 PM
hope roger will win FO but i don't think that he will win all four

Exodus
10-22-2006, 02:22 PM
I have a feeling that Nadal will beat Federer to win the Australian Open, but Federer will get his revenge to win the French Open. I don't know why, just a feeling that I have. Certainly I don't think Federer or Nadal would be too disappointed if this was to happen. Federer would complete the full set of grand slams and have a 'magical' double digit grand slam count, while Nadal would finally silence his doubters by winning non-clay grand slam.

nadal will be beaten long before the finals. plenty of players can take him down

federated
10-22-2006, 02:24 PM
nadal will be beaten long before the finals. plenty of players can take him down

on a surface as slow as rebound ace? I think not.

Nitefaery
10-22-2006, 02:26 PM
It's hard to argue that Roger Federer isn't the greatest tennis player of all time. What a fantastic athlete! :worship:

Exodus
10-22-2006, 02:28 PM
on a surface as slow as rebound ace? I think not.

berdych, gonzo, blake, marco, nalby, roddick and esp. SAFIN will be able to take nadal down in AO

buzz
10-22-2006, 02:31 PM
these days I would say esp. BERDYCH!!

Exodus
10-22-2006, 02:33 PM
these days I would say esp. BERDYCH!!

i guess you are right nadal is probably afraid of berdych

Roger The Great
10-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I'm not saying he definitely won't win it... But I think many are overestimating Rafa's chances at the AusOpen. As with most non-clay Rafa tourneys, his draw will have a lot to say about it.

All_Slam_Andre
10-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I'm not saying he definitely won't win it... But I think many are overestimating Rafa's chances at the AusOpen. As with most non-clay Rafa tourneys, his draw will have a lot to say about it.

Fair enough. It's just that many people think that the slow surface (although I heard a rumour that they're quickening the surface slightly to please Hewitt) and the high bounce will suit his game. You do raise a good point though. Miami has the slowest hardcourts on the ATP tour, but Nadal lost at the first hurdle tthis year, losing the second and third sets very badly to Moya, so maybe we are overestimating his chances. I personally would love to see Federer, Nadal, Safin and Nalbandian fighting it out for the title there next year.

Fed=ATPTourkilla
10-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Safin would be a terrible matchup for Rafa. 6'4, so the spin will be ineffectual. Terrific doublehanded B/H so Rafa's high forehand crosscourt won't hurt him at all. Big serve, which Rafa hates. And generally hard, flat shots to crush the topspin groundies for lots of winners. Plus the fact that Rebound Ace is his favourite surface. :)

Boris Franz Ecker
10-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Federer is certainly one of the best players I have seen, that's what I can say. If he claims RG in 2007, he would have won everything and would have a solid claim as being the best ever,

Solid? would be very weak if he wins nothing else.
Think a little about it and you'll understand.
He has to win the Grand Slam or better former records of Sampras/Borg by wide margin to overcome all doubts.
With a simple 'career slam' only his hardcore fans can think, that he would be called best ever in some years.

Just Cause
10-22-2006, 04:38 PM
He has to win the Grand Slam or better former records of Sampras/Borg by wide margin to overcome all doubts.
With a simple 'career slam' only his hardcore fans can think, that he would be called best ever in some years.

Let's say if he plays just one French Open and win it next year.
Once he wins, he will surpass Agassi, and people will alsol likely claim that he is the great tennis player alive starting next year at age 25.

Dancing Hero
10-22-2006, 08:09 PM

Yeah, but Boris, he would have 10 GS if he does win RG 2007, just one behind Borg. Fed would also have the 4 GS, something beyond Sampras and Borg. Fed would probably win more GS as well so I'm not just talking about him winning RG 07 and then stopping. Federer could well equal or surpass Sampras' total of RG.

Fed may have won the Australian before RG 07 also.

buzz
10-22-2006, 08:18 PM
Federer could well equal or surpass Sampras' total of RG.

:scratch:

Whistleway
10-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Can't believe the number of people who think Nadal will reach atleast the finals of AO '07.

Just Cause
10-23-2006, 01:23 AM
Can't believe the number of people who think Nadal will reach atleast the finals of AO '07.

Cant believe how many people wrote him off before Wimbledon too...Nadal:worship: