Fantasy schedule Federer 2007 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fantasy schedule Federer 2007

Whistleway
10-22-2006, 12:04 AM
If Federer defends or reaches final of AO '07, I think, he might change his schedule a little bit.:p

Here's my wishlist for Roger's schedule :worship: between AO and RG.

Feb 12 - Costa do Sauipe (Brasil Open)
Feb 19 - Buenos Aires
Feb 26 - Acapulco

Mar 5 - Indian Wells

Apr 9 - Valencia
Apr 16 - Montecarlo
Apr 30 - Estoril
May 7 - Rome

May 28 - RG

:devil:

Johnny Groove
10-22-2006, 12:08 AM
he would lose every tourney :p

nobama
10-22-2006, 01:34 AM
Of course he needs to play more on the dirt because he sucks on it so bad. :lol:

Whistleway
10-22-2006, 11:12 PM
he would lose every tourney :p

you gotta be kidding me.

Of course he needs to play more on the dirt because he sucks on it so bad. :lol:

you think federer can keep playing just 2 warm-up tourneys and expect to win RG? It is his worst surface. Take your fan-glasses off and see that since becoming number 1, federer just won 3 tourneys on clay in the last 3 years.

Andre♥
10-22-2006, 11:35 PM
No Miami, but Acapulco, Buenos Aires and Brazil Open! :eek:

Btw, I like Estoril's idea! :p

KaxMisha
10-22-2006, 11:38 PM
you think federer can keep playing just 2 warm-up tourneys and expect to win RG? It is his worst surface. Take your fan-glasses off and see that since becoming number 1, federer just won 3 tourneys on clay in the last 3 years.

He would have won many more if he played in the smaller clay events, so that is grossly misleading.

Melvins
10-23-2006, 11:28 AM
No Miami, but Acapulco, Buenos Aires and Brazil Open! :eek:

Btw, I like Estoril's idea! :p

Me too! :haha:

oz_boz
10-23-2006, 11:33 AM

Yeah, he's quite useless on clay.

Seriously it's hard to see why he should play a ton of clay events to improve his chances RG. It's not like he did bad there last year.

Fed-Express
10-23-2006, 11:45 AM
He'll never play the South American claycourt swing instead of Miami :lol:, which is quite reasonable. I doubt Rafa will play in S A too.
Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Rome/Hamburg seem to be the best preparation to me. Maybe Hamburg and not Rome so that he has one week between Barcelona and HH. 2 times one week off may be optimal during the claycourt season because he will enough match practice as well as enough rest.

nobama
10-23-2006, 12:00 PM
I don't care how many clay tournies he wins. RG is the only one that really matters. Well MC, Rome and Hamburg do too but he's won Hamburg and made the finals of MC and Rome. He made the SF and F of RG with his current schedule. Why would he need to play more clay court events? I don't think playing some MM event in South America or Mexico is going to make it any easier for him to win RG.

Deathless Mortal
10-23-2006, 01:04 PM
That's funny! No way that Roger is going to play that tournaments!!! :retard:

Andre♥
10-23-2006, 01:13 PM
The chances of Roger playing in Barcelona are the same of Hewitt playing in Buenos Aires...

FSRteam
10-23-2006, 01:28 PM
he's beaten all the claycourters of this world but one!

Why would he need to play all these small clay tournaments where there's almost no chance he could play rafa who will probably "only" play montecarlo, barcelona, rome and hamburg next year!!!

TennisGrandSlam
10-23-2006, 01:54 PM
2006 is fantasy (Not any clay title) :rolleyes:

10 titles and counting - Doha, Australian Open, AMS Indian Wells, AMS Miami, Halle, Wimbledon, AMS Canada, US Open, Tokyo, AMS Madrid

But is is very satisfactory for all Rogi Fans. :wavey:

Whistleway
10-24-2006, 05:58 AM
I don't care how many clay tournies he wins. RG is the only one that really matters. Well MC, Rome and Hamburg do too but he's won Hamburg and made the finals of MC and Rome. He made the SF and F of RG with his current schedule. Why would he need to play more clay court events? I don't think playing some MM event in South America or Mexico is going to make it any easier for him to win RG.

As a fan, Roger would be the greatest to me if he never wins one more title. But that's not the point.

On historybooks, SF, F won't cut it when all said and done. Sampras legacy will always be tainted by his lack of RG. He too made SF once. Does anyone care? How quickly did the former players, several tennis commentators threw sampras out of the window and are clamoring federer as the greatest one. And this would repeat when the next greatest player comes in another 5-10 years. But, Laver's legacy has always been there since he did something remarkable, a true GS. So, Roger's legacy will forever be linked with how he does at RG.

What's the point in keep on playing in Miami? Roger has 2-3 years to win RG. And sooner his fans comes to grip with it, the better.

>>I don't think playing some MM event in South America or Mexico is going to make it any easier for him to win RG.

It may. It may not. What else could he do? He can't just play 2 warm-up tourneys every year and show up in RG hoping to win it. Lets hope this coming year might be his break-through year !!

CmonAussie
10-24-2006, 09:38 AM
If Federer defends or reaches final of AO '07, I think, he might change his schedule a little bit.:p

Here's my wishlist for Roger's schedule :worship: between AO and RG.

Feb 12 - Costa do Sauipe (Brasil Open)
Feb 19 - Buenos Aires
Feb 26 - Acapulco

Mar 5 - Indian Wells

Apr 9 - Valencia
Apr 16 - Montecarlo
Apr 30 - Estoril
May 7 - Rome

May 28 - RG

:devil:
:wavey:
Whistleway mate:cool: ~ I pretty much agree with you;)
>> Roger still needs more confidence on clay & winning tournaments~> even so called MM events is a good way to build up his confidence gradually!! Everybody knows that Federer can win FO:angel: , the question is will he:confused:

Federer`s 2007 schedule should look like this:

1. Doha
2. AO

3. Costa do Sauipe
4. Acapulco

5. Indian Wells
6. Miami

7. Monte Carlo
8. Barcelona
9. Rome
10. Hamburg
11. FO

12. Halle
13. Wimby

14. Canada
15. Cincinatti
16. USO

17. Thailand
18. Madrid
19. Paris
20. TMC
Basically heavily loaded in the 1st half of the year~>> because FO should be the clear main goal for him next year.. If he can`t win it in 07 then atleast he`ll gain a lot of confidence from winning a few clay court tournaments, which will increase his chances in 08 or 09;)