Your Matches [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Your Matches

rexman
10-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Since I skipped the season, it had been a while since I'd last played a match. It showed.

I actually broke to start the match (despite getting a terrible call on one of my break points) but was immediately broken back. I couldn't hold serve to save my life. I kept having 30-0 and even a lot of game points but I just couldn't convert. I broke him one more time, but was down 2-5 0-30 without holding serve. I didn't want to lose this set so easily, I started hitting with more depth on my shots and moving him around more. Before I knew it, it was suddenly 5-5. I fought really hard to break him at 5-5, and with some good scrambling I got to 0-30, but blew a backhand to the open court and he ended up holding. I took it to a tiebreaker and won it 8-6, saving a set point on his serve with a volley and he netted a dropshot on set point.

The first game of the second set was long, and I had about 7 game points, but I kept coming up with stupid errors and found myself broken after having all the momentum. I never found any kind of form and ended up losing the set 6-0.

I refilled my water bottle and was again broken after holding 30-0. This time though I broke back, only to be broken again, only to break again. Then, just like a light switch, we both started holding easily. I got up 4-5 and had an easy backhand to the open court to give me 0-30, but completely mistimed it. My mind went to shit and I ended up losing 10 points in a row to take him to 6-5 40-0. I saved two match points, one with a backhand down the line and the other when he missed a passing shot, but he came up with a big backhand the just tagged the baseline on his third match point to win it 6-7(6) 6-0 7-5.

Fuego Frío
10-22-2006, 02:57 PM
i also had a long time of due to a wrist injury but qualified for the club finals. I had to play in the U18'S even though i am only 14! Anyway in the final i was playing a guy that i could easily beat beofre the injury our last match i won 6-3 6-1 and i had a head to head of 5-0.

I was not playing good! One of my best aspects of my game is my speed around the court. for some reason my feet felt like glue and i coundt hit my serve as hard as i usually do. I won the 1st set 6-2, largly due to his unforced errors but it was a reversal in the second. i made loads more and he started to hit some winners. The last set lasted an hour by itself! He had three championship points at 7-6 40-0! I though i wernt going to win and hit 3 return winners o his 1st serves .lol Evenutally i won 10-8! i was mega releived. the best bit was knowing that i had saved three match points lol
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: