Berdych succumbs to raucous crowd - def. by Gonzalez 6-3 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Berdych succumbs to raucous crowd - def. by Gonzalez 6-3 6-1

Naranoc
10-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Over much quicker than I expected - the atmosphere certainly got to him today though :o . Shameful crowd really, whichever way you look at his actions yesterday.

Good luck in the final Gonzo.

tennisgal_001
10-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Self-destruction... pity!

Exodus
10-21-2006, 02:56 PM
damn now im rooting for roger all the way

TMJordan
10-21-2006, 02:56 PM
Berdych is such a damn :retard: never plays well after a big win.

Great win Fena :rocker2: Take down Fed :rocker2:

KaxMisha
10-21-2006, 02:57 PM
What the FUCK was this? How much worse than yesterday did he play? With all respect do Gonzo, he wouldn't have had much of a chance against yesterday's Berdych.

+alonso
crowd was booeing berdych soo bad, :eek:
feña was relaxed, played greeeat, berdych felt pressure on him, crowd and feña.
i'm soo happy, same as nico in 02, feña in 06 :)

vamos!

Adler
Jesus, Berdych simply didn't exist on the court. What happened?

zicofirol
10-21-2006, 02:58 PM
are these the two shortest semifinals ever at a MS event?

I didnt see the match, but I dont know why the crowd would get to him, I mean im sure he is used to it by playing DC...

How idd Gonzalez play?

I Love Kitties
Berdych acted like an asshole and showed total disrespect, so he got treated like shit today (as he deserved to be).

Nice to see people were being fair to him :devil:

bluefork
Wow. Berdych really seemed to let the crowd get to him. But congrats to Gonzalez in making his first AMS final. :bigclap:

Generator
10-21-2006, 02:59 PM
For the nth time, the crowd was pathetic. Madrid doesn't deserve a MS.

Sunset of Age
Gonzo played an amazing match...
But oh, how AWFUL again that Madrid crowd reacted to Berdych. He couldn't do anything right for them. I repeat myself: what a sore bunch, indeed.

As for tomorrow - I'll be rooting for Rogi, but wouldn't mind seeing Gonzo take the title either - as long as that ^%$#^$#@@^@~!!! crowd starts BEHAVING for once!

cmurray
Gonzalez was FANTASTIC today though. His forehand is HUGE. He might just give the fed-man a run for it.

selesfan
10-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Well after this weekend I am a Berdych fan. All he did was put his finger to his lips, you would have thought he gave them the finger. I can't believe he was stopped for an oncourt interview.

I Love Kitties
Berdych is such a damn :retard: never plays well after a big win.

Great win Fena :rocker2: Take down Fed :rocker2:

He is mentally weak, and that was always his problem. He completely tanked today, and on many occasions he didn't even make an effort (as he was beaten by the crowd). Very poor display from berdych. Disgusting effort and lack of interest today.

Kalliopeia
The crowd rattled him badly but let's not take away from Gonzo, he played beautifully. His serve was beautiful, his forehand was devastating.

Crowd booed the hell out of Berdych as he left the court. It was pretty bad, and shameful really. But surely he didn't expect anything else after yesterday.

blosson
The birdman hold his own yesterday against the crowd's favourite but had a melt down today. Oh well.

*Viva Chile*
10-21-2006, 03:02 PM
crowd was booeing berdych soo bad, :eek:
feña was relaxed, played greeeat, berdych felt pressure on him, crowd and feña.
i'm soo happy, same as nico in 02, feña in 06 :)

vamos!
Alonso, it was in 03 :lol:

Nice win with less effort for Gonzo today, poor performance for Berdych, he needs to learn to play in all conditions, as a professional he might to play in well or bad conditions about the crowd. As I said yesterday, I think Berdych game suits perfectly to Feña's, so I expected the result in straights, but I expect more for Tomas today ;)

tangerine_dream
10-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Berdych beat the crowd last night and now the crowd gets their revenge. :cool:

Well done, Gonzo. Thanks for cleaning the Berdshit up. :yeah:

Another Gonzo-Fed final. :D

+alonso
10-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Alonso, it was in 03 :lol:

Nice win with less effort for Gonzo today, poor performance for Berdych, he needs to learn to play in all conditions, as a professional he might to play in well or bad conditions about the crowd. As I said yesterday, I think Berdych game suits perfectly to Feña's, so I expected the result in straights, but I expect more for Tomas today ;)

oh, :o bah, well in 03 :p

I Love Kitties

:haha: Great post *2

*Ljubica*
Jesus, Berdych simply didn't exist on the court. What happened?

Simply - the crowd got to him :sad: He's still only a kid - and they booed him when he walked on the court and when he walked off, they cheered his faults, jeered him, shouted our when he was about to serve - I can't blame him for wanting to get out of there as quickly as possible.

As for his "deserving" to be treated like that I Love Kitties :rolleyes: No one "deserves" to be villified and taunted and treated like that just because they did their job well and beat the home favourite.

mallorn
The crowd rattled him badly but let's not take away from Gonzo, he played beautifully. His serve was beautiful, his forehand was devastating.

Crowd booed the hell out of Berdych as he left the court. It was pretty bad, and shameful really. But surely he didn't expect anything else after yesterday.
My thoughts exactly.

Exodus

agree...

KaxMisha
Gonzalez was FANTASTIC today though. His forehand is HUGE. He might just give the fed-man a run for it.

I highly doubt it. Gonzalez has taken just two sets in total off of Federer in their seven matches, and has never taken a set in a best of five match.

musefanatic
10-21-2006, 03:05 PM
Well done Gonzo :)

LLeytonRules
Maybe the ATP can remove the MS from madrid, these asshats dont deserve a masters series.

*Viva Chile*

Tangy, it's the first one :lol:

nobama
Another Gonzo-Fed final. :DYes and hopefully Fed slays him early and doesn't even give the crowd a chance to behave like arseholes. :devil:

bad gambler
The crowd was baying for his blood, I guess this is the last time Berdman plays in Madrid :confused:

Regenbogen
10-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Great match from Gonzalez :worship:

Berdych :sad:

I Love Kitties
10-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Simply - the crowd got to him :sad: He's still only a kid - and they booed him when he walked on the court and when he walked off, they cheered his faults, jeered him, shouted our when he was about to serve - I can't blame him for wanting to get out of there as quickly as possible.

As for his "deserving" to be treated like that I Love Kitties :rolleyes: No one "deserves" to be villified and taunted and treated like that just because they did their job well and beat the home favourite.

In the real world please Rosie. He is not a kid, he is 21 and I know children who could cope better than he does in those kind of situations. You need a reality check.

Alvarillo
10-21-2006, 03:07 PM

again.... rosie, i'm sure you know that people didn't boo him for beating Nadal, they did it because of he did at the end
you can see the video, people was applauding him for 3 seconds until he did it ...
so please don't lie

Adler
10-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Agree. They should've picked Barcelona instead, and make there a clay MS event in april/may

Horatio Caine
10-21-2006, 03:09 PM
He is mentally weak, and that was always his problem. He completely tanked today, and on many occasions he didn't even make an effort (as he was beaten by the crowd). Very poor display from berdych. Disgusting effort and lack of interest today.

:haha: :retard:

Peoples
10-21-2006, 03:09 PM
I agree 100%.

How about yesterday? Crowd was against Berdych but he played great. I think it's too easy to make the conclusion that the crowd killed him today. Simply his game is very much suited to Rafa's defensive game as he said himself and he is not that good against a controlling player like González (he said that in an interview too). González didn't give him the shorter balls that Nadal did and always went for the first attack (and successfully).

González - simply phenomenal.

WF4EVER
10-21-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm not surprised that they got to him today. He was more motivated to beat Nadal yesterday so no wonder he responded the way he did today. Not to mention he's never beaten Gonzo before, so that was expected. Good tournament nevertheless and a very big winin the QFs.

tangerine_dream
Tangy, it's the first one :lol:
:lol: You're right. Both Gonzo and Roger have been making so many finals, it doesn't feel like their first meeting in a final.

But now the crowd will settle down and have a good match to cheer. :)

Peoples

:haha: It's harsh but nevertheless funny

Alvarillo
Agree. They should've picked Barcelona instead, and make there a clay MS event in april/may

:lol: in Barcelona was played that famous DC final against Australia :lol:

Horatio Caine
10-21-2006, 03:11 PM
In the real world please Rosie. He is not a kid, he is 21 and I know children who could cope better than he does in those kind of situations. You need a reality check.

:haha: :retard:

Castafiore
again.... rosie, i'm sure you know that people didn't boo him for beating Nadal, they did it because of he did at the end
you can see the video, people was applauding him for 3 seconds until he did it ...
so please don't lie
Good luck trying to get that message across. I tried this morning but it did fall on deaf ears.

Chileno
Yes and hopefully Fed slays him early and doesn't even give the crowd a chance to behave like arseholes. :devil:

What makes you think they will support Gonzo? the Madrid crowd only hated Berdych, they didn't even care about Gonzo. :rolleyes:

Besides, I don't think Federer will need any cheering to beat Gonzo, what with the 7-0 lead over him and all...Hope Gonzo puts up a better fight than Nalbandian!

I Love Kitties
so please don't lie

Ill informed people like Rosie are common in seems. Placing judgement, when they don't even know of berdych's actions. She would totally retract her comments if she had seen what he did.

NeverSayDie
Berdych! :sad: Gonzo :yeah: I think Berdych would have troubled Fed more but good luck Nando!

jayjay
10-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Maybe the ATP can remove the MS from madrid, these asshats dont deserve a masters series.

If the ATP took away tournaments from nations where a certain section of the fans/spectators acted like assholes, they'd have to build courts on Mars for us to see any Tennis at all.

Horatio Caine
10-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Ill informed people like Rosie are common in seems. Placing judgement, when they don't even know of berdych's actions. She would totally retract her comments if she had seen what he did.

...and you're really acting like your age

Kip
10-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Damn the crowd Tomas!
I think their are a few players on both
the ATP & WTA Tour that could give you
pointers in how to handle such moronic crowds.

Congrats Gonzo. :cool:

Adler
10-21-2006, 03:14 PM
:lol: in Barcelona was played that famous DC final against Australia :lol:
so what? I wasn't thinking about a crowd actually. I suppose the crowd there is similar to the one in Madrid. Oh, maybe they won't support so many Spaniards, cause they're Catalonians

I Love Kitties
10-21-2006, 03:14 PM
...and you're really acting like your age

I will take that as a compliment then :rolleyes: It seems only the younger posters here actually know what is right, so if by being right (I am acting my age) then I thank you for noticing. I imagine you are a typical toff :worship:

Alvarillo
10-21-2006, 03:15 PM
so what? I wasn't thinking about a crowd actually. I suppose the crowd there is similar to the one in Madrid. Oh, maybe they won't support so many Spaniards, cause they're Catalonians

:lol: .......
in that final they were supporting SPAINNNNN

sawan66278
Let's give Larry Stefanki a TON of credit...Gonzo has never played better...Rafa needs to watch this match...and apply the strategies that Gonzo employed...Slice backhand was very effective, mixing up the serve with slice, coming to net...not trying to crunch every forehand winner...Was Uncle Toni paying attention?:devil:

Bilbo
let's hear some excuses Tomas fans :D

LocoPorElTenis
10-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Well done Fernando!!! :woohoo:
Good luck against Fed :yeah:

Horatio Caine
10-21-2006, 03:16 PM
It seems only the younger posters here actually know what is right

Ey? :scratch:

Peoples
10-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Let's give Larry Stefanki a TON of credit...Gonzo has never played better...Rafa needs to watch this match...and apply the strategies that Gonzo employed...Slice backhand was very effective, mixing up the serve with slice, coming to net...not trying to crunch every forehand winner...Was Uncle Toni paying attention?:devil:
Rafa employing González's game plan? :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha: I love mtf :lol:

*Ljubica*
so please don't lie

I'm not lying - and I don't need to see a video - I've seen the match twice now - once live last night on TV, and then again on the replay this morning because I wanted to "make sure" of what happened. It is true that some (very few) applauded him at the end - but the crowds' behaviour all through his match with Nadal was applaling and unsporting. I said this on another thread yesterday but will say it again here - I agree maybe he should not have made the provocative gesture at the end - but he got no respect out there yesterday - just almost total silence greeting his every good shot and boos when he challeged - so I don't totally blame the kid from reacting - at least he didn' whinge during the match or hold up play.

As for taking a reality check I Love Kitties - I happen to believe in good manners, good sportsmanship and respect - if that is "unreal" then I'm sorry :shrug: and the world is a sadder place because of it.

Sunset of Age
Yes and hopefully Fed slays him early and doesn't even give the crowd a chance to behave like arseholes. :devil:

Indeed.
Rest my case further, seems we have a new flock of [insert player name here]-tards appearing in this thread.

Kalliopeia
10-21-2006, 03:19 PM

He played fantastically, and it kind of bothers me that the crowd's behavior will probably overshadow what was undeniably inspired play from Gonzo. Yes Berdych was rattled, but Gonzo's play contributed to that as much as the crowd.

Adler
10-21-2006, 03:19 PM
:lol: .......in that final they were supporting SPAINNNNN
Well, I didn't see, but I assume you're right. But it doesn't change my point. I think Spain deserves MS event, but it should be on clay so that there will be more than one Spaniard to support in QF stage

Chileno
10-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Is anyone going to give a tiny bit of credit to Gonzo who had nothing to do with this nonsense...anyone?

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
10-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Madrid crowd won nothing. I don't know what's the price for a semi-final ticket?... but 1st SF Federer-Nalbandian 1 hour + 2nd SF Gonzalez-Berdych 1 hour = 2 hours of so-so tennis ... pretty expensive, no? :p

Naranoc
10-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Chileno: See the other happy, celebratory thread :D

Kalliopeia
10-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Is anyone going to give a tiny bit of credit to Gonzo who had nothing to do with this nonsense...anyone?

Hey now, I have! Twice even! :)

mangoes
10-21-2006, 03:22 PM

I will.........he played a very good match and it was obvious that he didn't relish this atmosphere of a circus.

I Love Kitties
10-21-2006, 03:22 PM
As for taking a reality check I Love Kitties - I happen to believe in good manners, good sportsmanship and respect - if that is "unreal" then I'm sorry :shrug: and the world is a sadder place because of it.

That is of course what should happen, but when you act like Tomas did (then certainly nothing in any form matching that, should be given to you). You show disrespect, and you do not deserve any respect back. You have to earn it, and he hasn't.

*Viva Chile*
10-21-2006, 03:23 PM

:wavey:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=88713

Alvarillo
10-21-2006, 03:25 PM
Well, I didn't see, but I assume you're right. But it doesn't change my point. I think Spain deserves MS event, but it should be on clay so that there will be more than one Spaniard to support in QF stage

i think the same ;)

*Ljubica*

:unsure: Sweetie - I can assure you I was watching live tennis before you were born - and I was also in Madrid this week before coming home and watching the rest of the tournament on TV - so I'm not that "ill informed"! So I am not retracting anything I said because I spoke the truth. So perhaps you should try and thing a little before putting your foot in your mouth and making daft comments about people like myself (and Jez and Carito90) who you have never met.

I Love Kitties
Ey? :scratch:

According to your msn address you were born in 1984? Sorry if I am wrong.

But that backs up my point, the so called older posters like you are just showing a lack of intelligence and insight. You were beaten, so you had to bring my younger age into it :rolleyes: very big of you, I bet you hated getting schooled by a 15 year old "pansy" as others have called me.

I Love Kitties
10-21-2006, 03:28 PM
:unsure: Sweetie - I can assure you I was watching live tennis before you were born - and I was also in Madrid this week before coming home and watching the rest of the tournament on TV - so I'm not that "ill informed"! So I am not retracting anything I said because I spoke the truth. Sp perhaps you should try and thing a little before putting your foot in your mouth and making daft comments about people like myself (and Jez) who you have never met.

You show a lack of depth in your understanding and watching ability if I may say so. How long you have been watching tennis is irrelevant, if you fail to see the bad nature and consequences of berdych's actions. I still keep my comment of you being ill informed, or maybe you are just not good in understanding situations in the real world.

Monteque
10-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Well, what could we say....:rolleyes:
Tomas have pulled the trigger to the crowd yesterday, now he reaps the bullet on his own, it is suicide guys :timebomb:

I like this guy but not for his stupidity:shrug:
, as he should know how to behave and respect. Fortunately he wasn't do this in America, that he would regret it for the rest of his career, so this is a precious lesson for him and for others:) .

*Ljubica*
10-21-2006, 03:35 PM
You show a lack of depth in your understanding and watching ability if I may say so. How long you have been watching tennis is irrelevant, if you fail to see the bad nature and consequences of berdych's actions. I still keep my comment of you being ill informed, or maybe you are just not good in understanding situations in the real world.

:confused: :rolleyes: When you have gone out and lived in the real world for a year or so then perhaps your words will be taken more seriously here! And if you think someone born in 1984 is old :eek: God help the rest of us!!! Time for me to leave this thread I think - as someone earlier said I fear an imminent "tard" or troll attack, and I am far too old to be bothered with it :wavey:

enqvistfan
10-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Gonzalez :yeah: Congrats Campéon, good luck for tomorrow, won't be easy :bounce:

Fed=ATPTourkilla
10-21-2006, 03:37 PM

Rosie, I wouldn't bother replying to this. :) You can tell from the OTT pomposity of this post that it's been written by someone very young.

embellish
10-21-2006, 03:38 PM
:confused: :rolleyes: When you have gone out and lived in the real world for a year or so then perhaps your words will be taken more seriously here! And if you think someone born in 1984 is old :eek: God help the rest of us!!! Time for me to leave this thread I think - as someone earlier said I fear an imminent "tard" or troll attack, and I am far too old to be bothered with it :wavey:

:yeah:

DDrago2
10-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Almost everyone thinks that crowd decided the match but I doubt, crowd can't make such a difference. Gonzales seems to be a bad mach-up for Bedryzch, plus Berdych was exasperated after beating Nadal

I Love Kitties
10-21-2006, 03:39 PM

You are funny as well as stupid. You think by being older you are smarter? And by having so much experience you are so much better :rolleyes: That is the typical view of an older person who never quite made it, in their job and their life. My impression of you is most certainly correct. Time just clouds your mind, and introduces many bias views and thoughts. Don't worry I have the ability to

Nice to see you leave, as you too have lost :wavey:

embellish
10-21-2006, 03:41 PM
You are funny as well as stupid. You think by being older you are smarter? And by having so much experience you are so much better :rolleyes: That is the typical view of an older person who never quite made it, in their job and their life. My impression of you is most certainly correct. Time just clouds your mind, and introduces many bias views and thoughts. Don't worry I have the ability to

Seriously what planet do you live on? You think because someone is mature enough to not argue about something that you have "won". Please believe me that is only in your own mind.

*Ljubica*
10-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Rosie, I wouldn't bother replying to this. :) You can tell from the OTT pomposity of this post that it's been written by someone very young.

And who calls themselves Number 1 Acasuso fan when they have never posted in his thread :p

I Love Kitties
10-21-2006, 03:45 PM
Seriously what planet do you live on? You think because someone is mature enough to not argue about something that you have "won". Please believe me that is only in your own mind.

She had lost, and we all know it. She had explored all her arguments, and realised there was no strength to them. Mature? The poster you are talking about is as mature as my 21 year old sister :lol: and that is saying something.

Monteque
10-21-2006, 03:45 PM
Almost everyone thinks that crowd decided the match but I doubt, crowd can't make such a difference. Gonzales seems to be a bad mach-up for Bedryzch, plus Berdych was exasperated after beating Nadal

Nope, you're wrong. Tennis is individual sport not like football or basket that you can sharing the pressure with your teammates.

Crowd is very influenced thing in tennis, i told you because i play badminton for my college and fuck with crowd from other college, it's always bothering me when their show harsh things and backs his player up like hell.

PoderShileno
10-21-2006, 03:46 PM
feña=berdychkilla:p

sawan66278
10-21-2006, 03:49 PM
All I'm saying is that Rafa needs to add variety to his game...why can't he hit the slice backhand? Or come to the net? Rafa is falling into the trap of playing one style of play...and players are getting used to it. Two years ago, Gonzo would have tried to blow Berdych off the court...trying to hit winner after winner...Now, he waits for his moments, getting into rallies with nice, deep slice backhands...which are effective because taller players don't like to bend down to slice back and it is hard for them to generate pace themselves at times...and then goes for the winner...and even then he doesn't try to crush the ball when the court is open...

Like I said, Uncle Toni better watch matches like these and take notes...All credit to Gonzo!!!!!!!!

embellish
10-21-2006, 03:50 PM
She had lost, and we all know it. She had explored all her arguments, and realised there was no strength to them. Mature? The poster you are talking about is as mature as my 21 year old sister :lol: and that is saying something.

Firstly as I said its only you who has the impression that you've won. Indeed one might say that your seeming need to 'win' a discussion on a message board is a sign of your own immaturity. If you want to see her arguments explore the other threads on the topic of Berdych's gestures she has many convincing arguments and probably didn't feel the need to articulate them again. Secondly you do not know the poster in question so cannot judge her level of maturity particularly well

I Love Kitties
10-21-2006, 03:51 PM
It's ironic that you complain about being personally insulted since joining this board and yet are quick to resort to personal attacks simply because the person in question has the gall to disagree with you.

There are ways to argue a point without behaving this way, and I suggest you learn them - though granted, if you don't change your methods you'll fit right in with a large group of people here.

I responded exactly as I was treated, nothing more, nothing less. It is quite funny to see everyone show this poster "Rosie" all the motherly love, when she lacks the maturity, understanding and intelligence to be a mother. Jumping to her defence, when in all honesty she is totally wrong.

I Love Kitties
10-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Firstly as I said its only you who has the impression that you've won. Indeed one might say that your seeming need to 'win' a discussion on a message board is a sign of your own immaturity. If you want to see her arguments explore the other threads on the topic of Berdych's gestures she has many convincing arguments and probably didn't feel the need to articulate them again.

As I explained before, knowing someone only introduces bias and preconcieved opinions. I am in the perfect position to cast a judgement, as I have no preference. And I can say exactly what I think, You should realise that.

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
10-21-2006, 03:55 PM
@ the many posts of I Love Kitties

Hey:worship: ...Princess :worship: ....of 15 :worship: ... living in Kensington :worship: ... loving Kitties:worship:... judging what's bad or good :worship: knowing all about tennis :worship: ... you really think you are the smartest poster on mtf?

PS: Tomas Berdych, will you marry me?

Monteque
I responded exactly as I was treated, nothing more, nothing less. It is quite funny to see everyone show this poster "Rosie" all the motherly love, when she lacks the maturity, understanding and intelligence to be a mother. Jumping to her defence, when in all honesty she is totally wrong.

I saw your posts that i can say you're the one who lacks of maturity.
Grow up girl:devil:

embellish
It's ironic that you complain about being personally insulted since joining this board and yet are quick to resort to personal attacks simply because the person in question has the gall to disagree with you.
There are ways to argue a point without behaving this way, and I suggest you learn them - though granted, if you don't change your methods you'll fit right in with a large group of people here.

I believe you have proved his point.

Fed-Express
10-21-2006, 03:56 PM

:wavey: So, you know a lot of people who would have been calm when playing against a 10000 people crowd? I think you need a reality check cause thats just :rolleyes: And as you will find out, few people are already mature and secure persons at age 21.

Your insults against Rosie show how immature you are so please stop judging Berdych as you only ridicule yourself.

I Love Kitties
10-21-2006, 03:57 PM
I see the woman in question has failed to respond, I have been goodrepped by many posters for my comments towards her. It seems as if she is a hated poster on this board, god knows why?? 9 Reps and counting :eek:

embellish
10-21-2006, 03:57 PM
As I explained before, knowing someone only introduces bias and preconcieved opinions. I am in the perfect position to cast a judgement, as I have no preference. And I can say exactly what I think, You should realise that.

Knowing someone means you can judge them better, not knowing someone and judging on first impressions leads to bias not the other way round.
And I know you can say what you think, the trouble is you don't think before you speak.

I Love Kitties
10-21-2006, 03:58 PM
:wavey: So, you know a lot of people who would have been calm when playing against a 10000 people crowd? I think you need a reality check cause thats just :rolleyes: And as you will find out, few people are already mature and secure persons at age 21.

Your insults against Rosie show how immature you are so please stop judging Berdych as you only ridicule yourself.

Yes, part of the training recieved by many present junior players is how to manage their emotions (so they are capable of dealing with various situations). I know that is alien to the older posters on here though, so I don't expect you to know about it.

Naranoc
10-21-2006, 03:59 PM
I see the woman in question has failed to respond, I have been goodrepped by many posters for my comments towards her. It seems as if she is a hated poster on this board, god knows why?? 9 Reps and counting :eek:

Red means bad rep, not good. I think you're getting confused.

DrJules
The Madrid crowd seem to be worse behaved than either the Paris (French Open) or New York (US Open) crowds. Of course the best response would have been to win and then indicate to the crowd what you think of them.

DDrago2
All I'm saying is that Rafa needs to add variety to his game...why can't he hit the slice backhand? Or come to the net? Rafa is falling into the trap of playing one style of play...

Nadal: Maybe sawan66278 should learn how to lose

I Love Kitties
10-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Knowing someone means you can judge them better, not knowing someone and judging on first impressions leads to bias not the other way round.
And I know you can say what you think, the trouble is you don't think before you speak.

You will see one day, that what you have said is totally incorrect. It is quite funny to hear you say that, very poor attempt.

I Love Kitties
10-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Red means bad rep, not good. I think you're getting confused.

Red = I recieved 2

Good = It is now 10 :lol: It seems a lot of people agree with me (and only a few lack the understanding to see she is wrong)

RogiFan88
10-21-2006, 04:02 PM
He played fantastically, and it kind of bothers me that the crowd's behavior will probably overshadow what was undeniably inspired play from Gonzo. Yes Berdych was rattled, but Gonzo's play contributed to that as much as the crowd.

absolutely! Fena is now 3-0 vs. Tomas! He played beautifully, w lots of variety.

DrJules
10-21-2006, 04:03 PM

Based on crowd behaviour, the fewer Spaniards the better. They conduct themselves much better when no Spaniard is playing.

embellish
10-21-2006, 04:06 PM
You will see one day, that what you have said is totally incorrect. It is quite funny to hear you say that, very poor attempt.

Actually I'm 100% certain it'll be the other way around and on that day I shall graciously accept your apology like the mature person I am.
Also it may be funny but its absolutely true.

Fed-Express
10-21-2006, 04:07 PM
Yes, part of the training recieved by many present junior players is how to manage their emotions (so they are capable of dealing with various situations). I know that is alien to the older posters on here though, so I don't expect you to know about it.

Well, the way you are argueing show your lack of logical skills. Juniors in Britain receive training in how to manage emotions and you state that you KNOW that those people would have coped with 10000 people cheering against you?
What are they doing in this training, hire 10 fans to jeer at you :lol:
NOTHING can prepare you for that, so stop selling things for the truth that are just plain ridiculous.

DrJules
10-21-2006, 04:07 PM
so please don't lie

Berdych reaction yesterday was inappropriate, but resulted from the unsporting conduct by the crowd thoughout the match that Berdych played against Nadal.

I do admit I find the conduct of home crowds very irritating and annoying.

Deea
10-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Too bad Tomas didn't manage to win against Gonzo...I guess the ahmosphere was a bit too much for him...:awww:

Clara Bow
10-21-2006, 04:10 PM

Exactly. Gonzalez played top-notch tennis today- but all of the discussions are about the crowd and how Tomas lost the match. I think that, even when you factor in the crowd, Gonzo won the match.

Tommorow should be pretty interesting. The Chilean fans will be pretty rowdy- but I don't think the general public will be really bad against Federer (despite their ass behavior today against Berdych. They gave Federer a very hearty round of applause after his win today.

Too bad Tomas didn't manage to win against Gonzo...I guess the ahmosphere was a bit too much for him...

I think that Gonzo's play was too much for him, but Gonzo seems to be a non-issue in this thread. ;)

PamV
10-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Berdych often has a let down after a satisfying win. I don't know that the crowd could have made any difference today. They weren't any worsre than in the QF. Gonzalez was playing extremely well and Berdych looked off.

I Love Kitties
10-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Well, the way you are argueing show your lack of logical skills. Juniors in Britain receive training in how to manage emotions and you state that you KNOW that those people would have coped with 10000 people cheering against you?
What are they doing in this training, hire 10 fans to jeer at you :lol:
NOTHING can prepare you for that, so stop selling things for the truth that are just plain ridiculous.

As I said, the juniors of today! Who are yet to come through, I know this because I have two cousins who are touted to be of national standard. And they are recieving the same treatment/guidance.

GlennMirnyi
10-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Aww.... awful awful awful. Gonzalez in a MS final? That must be a joke. I'm glad I didn't watch the match.

vesanto
10-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Berdych acted like an asshole and showed total disrespect, so he got treated like shit today (as he deserved to be).

Nice to see people were being fair to him :devil:

Lots of maturity around here :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Julio1974
Aww.... awful awful awful. Gonzalez in a MS final? That must be a joke. I'm glad I didn't watch the match.

Gonzalez is one the 5 best indoor players at the moment.

By the way, I cannot stand Gonzalez, so don't think I'm biased.

Fed-Express
As I said, the juniors of today! Who are yet to come through, I know this because I have two cousins who are touted to be of national standard. And they are recieving the same treatment/guidance.

But do not state that you know people that can cope with situations like that because you don't. You cannot know until you have experienced them because they are extreme. Basing your arguements on that is just invalid.

GlennMirnyi
10-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Gonzalez is one the 5 best indoor players at the moment.

By the way, I cannot stand Gonzalez, so don't think I'm biased.

5 best indoor players? Where are his titles?

I Love Kitties
10-21-2006, 04:18 PM
But do not state that you know people that can cope with situations like that because you don't. You cannot know until you have experienced them because they are extreme.

I have seen many, I have seen situations where players are sworn at too. And they handled the situation far better than Berdych. There are various ATP Matches too where you can see peoples coping skills :) Go look them up

Julio1974
10-21-2006, 04:18 PM
5 best indoor players? Where are his titles?

Read again,I said "AT THE MOMENT"... (not in the last 5 years)...

Fed-Express
10-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Man, you are hopeless. 10000 people?! Your friends played against 10000 angry Spaniards/French/German/Americans/Whatever?
I am sure they didn't.

GlennMirnyi
10-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Read again,I said "AT THE MOMENT"... (not in the last 5 years)...

If he were that good he would have won something 'till now.

Maybe he got lucky and the opponent that was supposed to beat him quit. Then the other opponent choked. Today I didn't watch the match, yet, to make a statement.

Julio1974
10-21-2006, 04:23 PM
If he were that good he would have won something 'till now.

Maybe he got lucky and the opponent that was supposed to beat him quit. Then the other opponent choked. Today I didn't watch the match, yet, to make a statement.

Nalbandian is lucky, Gonzalez is lucky, yeah yeah yeah... that's why they are top ten players... Just because they are lucky.

PamV
10-21-2006, 04:25 PM
i'm sure you know that people didn't boo him for beating Nadal, they did it because of he did at the end you can see the video, people was applauding him for 3 seconds until he did it ...
so please don't lie.

How could you tell what the crowd was applauding about in the duration of 3 seconds? Maybe they thought Nadal won the point for an instant. I doubt the realization could have sunk in that fast and that they would have all immediately applauded Berdych when they were so against him up to then.

All I heard at the end was a lot of noise and screams and the call. In an instant Berdych gestured to shush. After that they booed him by the time he got to his chair. I think it was egged on by Nadal's reaction at the net. It was weird overall. Berdych seemed surprised that they reacted that way to his shushing....as if they took it the wrong way or blew it out of proportion. He threw up his hands in confusion and then gave a thumbs up to his own team.

Yes, the crowd started booing Berdych after the gesture and perhaps they were egged on by Nadal's reaction as well. Berdych threw his hands up like he couldn't believe that they took his gesture so seriously.

I am not saying Berdych was smart to make the gesture.....but he doesn't deserve a huge amount of criticism over that.

GlennMirnyi
10-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Nalbandian is lucky, Gonzalez is lucky, yeah yeah yeah... that's why they are top ten players... Just because they are lucky.

Nalbandian got his lucky strike in the TMC last year. Look what happened today. Bageled and everything. I mean, he had the competence to hang in there, of course, and that means something against Federer.

Gonzalez was down in the ropes and Djokovic gave him the match. Johansson quit. Maybe he had some merits to beat Berdych today, I hope I can catch the reprise later.

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
10-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Berdych is a cerebral person. Of course, the today's Madrid crowd affected him a lot. It was painful to watch, he was the shadow of himself. I feel the need to write him and bring him some comfort.

@ I Love Kitties "Berdych acted like an asshole" :(
Hey Princess... come back to me when you're only 21 with over 2 millionen $ *Baby*. And God knows i'm not interested by Berdych's bank account! *my love for him is pure* :angel:

PS: once upon a time, there was a princess living in Kensington... see what happened awww poor Lady D :rolleyes:

name_change
10-21-2006, 04:51 PM
yay gonzo!!

hablovah19
10-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Well too bad you couldn't play up to your potential, Berdych ; but a lovely lovely, lovely, victory, over Nadal yesterday, nonetheless :drool:

Oh, and please take care of Gonzalez tomorrow, Federer :angel:

Exodus
10-21-2006, 06:06 PM
he should have won just to shut the crowd up

Corey Feldman
10-21-2006, 06:31 PM
i'm soo happy, same as nico in 02, feña in 06 :)Nico was in 03 :p

well done Fena.. finally he broke his TMS SF duck... losing about 5 or 6 times in them.

Chris Seahorse
10-21-2006, 06:31 PM
he should have won just to shut the crowd up

If he had more mental strength, maturity, commitment, fighting spirit, guts, will power and playing ability maybe he would have. But he has none of those things.

Horatio Caine
10-21-2006, 06:32 PM
According to your msn address you were born in 1984? Sorry if I am wrong.

But that backs up my point, the so called older posters like you are just showing a lack of intelligence and insight. You were beaten, so you had to bring my younger age into it :rolleyes: very big of you, I bet you hated getting schooled by a 15 year old "pansy" as others have called me.

I think you are one of the first people ever to tell me I lack intelligence...I find this funny on 2 accounts:

1. I do happen to be a pretty intelligent individual...
2. You have never met me

How is "you were beaten" a mature type of thing to say? As for being schooled, I could flick you away with my little finger

Horatio Caine
10-21-2006, 06:33 PM

:haha: :haha: This is incredible! Who do you think you are....the Queen of Kensington?

Corey Feldman
10-21-2006, 06:34 PM
@ I Love Kitties "Berdych acted like an asshole" :(:hug:
dont try and reason with this idiot pansy arseclown newcomer i love kitties

the crowd today, it was expected, thats Madrid for you.
i bet they would have treated anyone who beat Nadal, the same in the next match, berdy or not.

Horatio Caine
10-21-2006, 06:35 PM

We'll see where you are life in a few years sweetie :kiss:

Corey Feldman
:lol: Jez

this idiot kittes has been here 2 mins and gave me one of those infraction warnings for next to nothing lol.

Naranoc
:haha: :haha: This is incredible! Who do you think you are....the Queen of Kensington?

Spot on :yeah:

Just read the thread, and you'll notice what other crap is being spouted. I got bad repped for critcisisng his feminine highness.

Corey Feldman
10-21-2006, 06:36 PM
and he's a guy! :scared:

lets all gang bang infraction him. :p

Horatio Caine
10-21-2006, 06:36 PM

Bedtime must be in about an hour...if you're good maybe your parents will let you watch some shit like Eastenders before you go off :wavey:

Horatio Caine
10-21-2006, 06:40 PM

...and they'll probably be lucky to have 1% of Berdych's ability :rolleyes:

Horatio Caine
10-21-2006, 06:43 PM
:lol: Jez

this idiot kittes has been here 2 mins and gave me one of those infraction warnings for next to nothing lol.

:haha: :haha: Last person to behave as stupid as this was Twistserve...he hasn't been seen here for 3 months...:haha: :haha:

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
10-21-2006, 06:43 PM
when i read this i just want to cry... it's sure tomorrow i won't watch the final, sometimes i don't like tennis anymore.

Crowd kills Berdych's hopes

Tenth seed Fernando Gonzalez advanced to his first Masters Series final, romping to a 6-3 6-1 win over Tomas Berdych, who could not cope with a hostile crowd at the Madrid Masters on Saturday.

The Czech number one folded under the pressure, while Gonzalez gave him no respite as he pounded him with his pin-point serve and wrapped up victory in 52 minutes.

"I've never seen anything like it, it's like a (bad) dream. It's not a tennis crowd," Berdych said.

Berdych beat defending champion and local hero Rafael Nadal in the quarters, provoking the anger of the world number two and local fans when he put his finger to his lips to silence a raucous home crowd after he won the match.

The crowd vented their anger more once when the Czech walked on to court on Saturday, jeering his every move, whistling as he began serving and cheering when he opened with a double fault.

The 21-year-old was clearly rattled and dropped his serve in the opening game, while Gonzalez grew in confidence as he enjoyed the support from the crowd, breaking again in the ninth to take the first set.

Naranoc
10-21-2006, 06:44 PM
lets all gang bang infraction him. :p

:scared: You might give him ideas.

*Ljubica*
10-21-2006, 06:48 PM
:scared: You might give him ideas.

I decided a good few hours ago he was best ignored :angel:

And Interlaken :hug: Don't worry - Thomas will come back stronger from this.

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Kitties don't let these oldies on MTF intimidate you. There are many oldies here who think crappy players from the past are better than current players.

People evolve. The new generation is smarter, stronger and faster.

My logic is the light which banishes the darkness of MTF.

I Love Kitties
10-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Kitties don't let these oldies on MTF intimidate you. There are many oldies here who think crappy players from the past are better than current players.

People evolve. The new generation is smarter, stronger and faster.

My logic is the light which banishes the darkness of MTF.

It was clear to me that most of those oldies were not in the real world, you have nailed it well. They are obviously stuck back in the stone age, and things have changed since. Nice to meet you :)

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-21-2006, 06:55 PM
It was clear to me that most of those oldies were not in the real world, you have nailed it well. They are obviously stuck back in the stone age, and things have changed since. Nice to meet you

Its type of sad. Many of them failed at life so they expect the players to be as pathetic as them. No fighting spirit, no heart and no mental capacity.
Nice to meet you too.

Only my brilliance can cure the insanity of MTF.

Horatio Caine
10-21-2006, 06:58 PM
It was clear to me that most of those oldies were not in the real world, you have nailed it well. They are obviously stuck back in the stone age, and things have changed since. Nice to meet you :)

You must be the little guy that escaped from the mental institute...tell me your address and I'll send the team to pick you up again. :cuckoo:

Chris Seahorse
10-21-2006, 07:00 PM
The Czech number one folded under the pressure, while Gonzalez gave him no respite as he pounded him with his pin-point serve and wrapped up victory in 52 minutes.

"I've never seen anything like it, it's like a (bad) dream. It's not a tennis crowd," Berdych said.

:lol: :haha: :dance: :yippee: Poor little boy. :lol: :haha: :dance: :yippee:

sawan66278
10-21-2006, 07:09 PM
Ah...revenge is a dish best served....cold...right, Tomas?:devil:

Fed-Express
10-21-2006, 07:10 PM
:lol: Lol RFK, you are killing me, you really are a genius :lol:

cmurray
10-21-2006, 07:12 PM
He seems shocked???? This isn't something that only happens in Spain. If he did that to Gasquet at RG, the same thing would happen. Or Roddick at the USO. Or Federer in Basel. I'm sorry it happened to him, I really am but.....it's hard for me to believe that it was completely unexpected.

Fed-Express
10-21-2006, 07:16 PM
And do you know what your problem is? You know NOTHING about the past, your knowledge goes back not more than 1 year. In combination with your arrogance, lack of common sense and narrow-mindedness this is why you are unable to make a reasonable assassement and instead abuse people.

Horatio Caine
10-21-2006, 07:20 PM
And do you know what your problem is? You know NOTHING about the past, your knowledge goes back not more than 1 year. In combination with your arrogance, lack of common sense and narrow-mindedness this is why you are unable to make a reasonable assassement and instead abuse people.

Take note ILC - this is an example of a "real" person...not someone in your imaginary world

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Picking on the weak. tsk tsk

Come after the big fish.

Lol RFK, you are killing me, you really are a genius

My brilliance will be realized by all.

DustMan
10-21-2006, 07:36 PM
wow a lot of you kiddies need to just step away from the computer and go outside or something. it's just tennis. you have no control over what goes on out there, there's no point arguing who's opinion is better.

Castafiore
10-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Why are so many people ganging up on one poster? Can't Rosie deal with that poster on her own? Judging by her posts, she's very capable of doing so.

Horatio Caine
10-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Why are so many people ganging up on one poster? Can't Rosie deal with that poster on her own? Judging by her posts, she's very capable of doing so.

Kid has now gone off to bed...problem sorted.

Forget she existed.

Naranoc
10-21-2006, 07:44 PM
^ It's a he...

*Ljubica*
10-21-2006, 07:45 PM

More than capable but seriously can't be bothered - though thanks to all those people here who did support me :hug: Anyway - ILK has moved onto the Calleri thread now - telling everyone there that he is a known "doper" but failing to produce one shred of evidence to prove the allegation :rolleyes: Shame the Arse-Clown contest is finished for at least another year.

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-21-2006, 07:47 PM

It takes a gang of idiots to beat one average person
To beat brilliance like mine it takes all of MTF :D

Naranoc
10-21-2006, 07:49 PM
I thought MTF was a gang of idiots according to you :)

Ariadne
10-21-2006, 07:53 PM
^ It's a he...

:eek:

You're kidding right?!

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-21-2006, 07:56 PM
I thought MTF was a gang of idiots according to you

There are a few with shreds of intelligence.

Adee-Gee and Escude are the only ones I consider in my league.

Naranoc
10-21-2006, 07:58 PM
:lol: No, I'm not! I was :scared: when I found out in the model ballgirls thread:

:rolleyes: I'm a guy you silly little boy ;)

:bolt:

Horatio Caine
10-22-2006, 12:03 AM
:eek:

You're kidding right?!

I know! :spit: :haha: :haha: :haha:

alfonsojose
10-22-2006, 12:18 AM
There are a few with shreds of intelligence.

Adee-Gee and Escude are the only ones I consider in my league.

:eek: How long is it? 'coz Escude's is huge :drool: :drool:

Metis
10-22-2006, 12:54 AM
:lol: at the score!

I doubt the result would have been different with a neutral or favorable crowd. When the players walked in the stadium and he was booed he didn't seem very surprised but rather defiant I would say. He and Gonzalez were actually laughing at the coin toss (it seemed to me that they were laughing at the reaction of the crowd).

Note: Don't get me wrong, I was very annoyed by the behavior of the crowd but I was expecting it.

I think Berdych will hope to avoid Nadal in future draws more than the other way around. ;) Every time he has beaten him, he ends up losing easily in the next round. Remember in Toronto? 6-4 6-1 against Gasquet. He can't blame the crowd for that loss I'm sure...

Gonzalez was very impressive IMO. Berdych had no chance at all. And to tell the truth, although he did beat Nadal in an impressive manner, he only managed to get 1 break point on Nadal's serve. It wasn't exactly a total domination.

As for some people saying that Berdych would have had a better chance against Federer, I don't understand why. If he had difficulties breaking Nadal's serve, he wouldn't have stood a chance against Federer IMO. And I'm sure people agree that Feds has a superior return of serve...

Action Jackson
10-22-2006, 04:42 AM
Gonzalez was excellent in this match and his game matches up very well with Berdych at this moment in time and it wouldn't surprise if that continued for the rest of their respective careers.

Congratulations to Gonzalez for making his first TMS final after falling so often in the semis and all the best for the final.

As for the crowd, well it was Berdych who missed the shots today and couldn't play against his superior opponent. The crowd didn't lose the match for Berdych, he did that himself all credit to Gonzalez for his 3rd consecutive win over the Berdman in straight sets.

shotgun
10-25-2006, 07:52 PM

Should I remind you of the pen-throwing incident in the Barcelona tournament in '98? ;)

shotgun
10-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Not an exaggeration to say that Gonzalez got the first break because of the crowd. Embarassing, really, during the warm-up the crowd would hiss everytime the ball was on Berdych's court. There was a madrileño in front of me and he was ashamed, shouting "verguenza" every now and then.

As for the result it's indeed a match-up issue and Gonzalez played very well - but still under normal circumstances it wouldn't have been one-sided as that IMO. You could feel Berdych wasn't comfortable, of course his behaviour against Nadal was different because that atmosphere was more than expected against the home player.

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
10-25-2006, 08:48 PM
awww poor Berdych :hug: *semi-final Madrid: i'm still in shock - it give me nightmares just thinking about it* :sad:

ReturnWinner
10-25-2006, 09:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHzvbadBfQ4

Naranoc
10-25-2006, 09:07 PM
^ ....

That is scary :scared:

neenah
10-26-2006, 02:06 AM

Was that a double fault they were cheering so loudly for?? (It's hard to tell because of the quality). Wow. I watched a different YouTube clip of the match and the crowd seemed incredible.

connectolove
10-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Most European crowds are like that, they speak their minds and that is fine, but it should not be allowed. I think that it is disgraceful to act like that toward a player, we all know how much the crowd can affect the performance. I think that this behaviour also happened in the US, the crowd can suck at times.

Disgraceful!

radics
10-26-2006, 10:21 AM

What a shame.

Fed-Express
10-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Most European crowds are like that, they speak their minds and that is fine, but it should not be allowed.

Sorry but I never saw crowds in Northern Europe behave THAT bad.
Germany, Sweden, UK, Switzerland you name it. The crowds are calmer over there and cheer against players only on very rare occasions.

Action Jackson
10-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Sorry but I never saw crowds in Northern Europe behave THAT bad.
Germany, Sweden, UK, Switzerland you name it. The crowds are calmer over there and cheer against players only on very rare occasions.

They have given it to players in Germany and Sweden, though not to that level. I remember the classy Agassi making a comment when he got booed off in Hamburg "What are you going to do, stab me".

Too bad Berdman wasn't like Lendl. Big Ivan would have loved all the boos and then won the event.

scarecrows
10-26-2006, 10:56 AM

haha, far worse than Davis Cup