@@Predict the next 5-YEARS for FED & RAFA--) up to the end of 2012?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

@@Predict the next 5-YEARS for FED & RAFA--) up to the end of 2012??

CmonAussie
10-21-2006, 05:55 AM
Up to 2007 [Aug]

Federer`s career snapshot:

Slams = 11 [Wimby 5, USO 3, AO 3]
TMC = 3
TMS = 14
Slam finals = 2 [FO 2]
Other ATP titles = 22
Total titles = 50

Predicted 2012 [end]

Slams = 16 [Wimby 8, USO 4, AO 3, FO 1]
TMC = 5
TMS = 20
Total titles = 80-85

Nadal`s career snapshot

Slams = 3 [FO 3]
TMS = 9
Slam Finals = 2 [Wimby 2]
Other ATP titles = 11
Total titles = 23

Predicted 2012 [end]

Slams = 7 [FO 5, AO 1, Wimby 1]
TMC = 1 [Esp if they ever play it on clay this would escalate]
TMS = 19
Total titles = 40-45

What do you guys/gals think:confused: ...Please predict what you think Roger`s & Nadal`s careers will look like after another 5-years...:confused:

Action Jackson
10-21-2006, 05:57 AM
Stop it man, we'll see at the end of their careers.

CmonAussie
10-21-2006, 05:59 AM
Stop it man, we'll see at the end of their careers.
:cool:
That`s dope man:sad: ...Can`t I have some fun:confused:

El Legenda
10-21-2006, 05:59 AM
predications suck :lol: both players could die tomorrow

CmonAussie
10-21-2006, 06:00 AM
predications suck :lol: both players could die tomorrow
:wavey:
Costanza~~ Can`t Stand Ya:p

Action Jackson
10-21-2006, 06:02 AM
That`s dope man:sad: ...Can`t I have some fun:confused:

I think you have found what I need more of to digest GM effectively is a whole lot of dope.

Seriously, so many things can happen between now and then, but I am not going to do it, let history judge.

CmonAussie
10-21-2006, 06:05 AM
I think you have found what I need more of to digest GM effectively is a whole lot of dope.

Seriously, so many things can happen between now and then, but I am not going to do it, let history judge.
Ok so dope would help with digesting a lot of BS on GM:angel: ~~Just thought it would be fun to dig this thread up after 5-years & see how close we/you/me/us were to predicting the 2nd half of these two great careers in progress;)

Jaffas85
10-21-2006, 06:29 AM
Nadal will never win Wimbledon.

I don't think he'll ever match the result he posted at Wimbledon this year.

Players like Berdych, Gasquet, Baghdatis etc. etc. will eventually become the next person to eventually win Wimbledon.

I think Nadal will win the French Open a few more times and the Australian Open a couple of times but he won't win at the faster Grand Slams.

Federer should win the French Open at least once.

General Suburbia
10-21-2006, 06:48 AM
Federer will never win the French. I can imagine Nadal withdrawing out f the yourney w/ an injury, but just before Fed wins the title, he chokes and loses in the final to Davydenko

Fedex
10-21-2006, 06:50 AM

True, but it is fun to project how things will turn out over the next several years. Its kind of like predicting a guy in baseball to hit 500 home runs or for a pitcher to get to 300 wins, but any sort of injury or serious dip in performance can offset those projections in a hurry.

CmonAussie
10-21-2006, 07:21 AM
True, but it is fun to project how things will turn out over the next several years. Its kind of like predicting a guy in baseball to hit 500 home runs or for a pitcher to get to 300 wins, but any sort of injury or serious dip in performance can offset those projections in a hurry.
So Fedex:cool: ~ what do you predict for your man & his main rival:confused:

Federer&Hingis
10-21-2006, 07:24 AM
Nadal won't win Wimby.

General Suburbia
10-21-2006, 07:43 AM
People who think that way are usually cynical (which you might admit to) and boring (not sure about this one).

Nothing wrong with trying to predict things for fun. It shows you actually have some interest in the game of tennis and its' players. Unless you don't give a shit about neither Fed nor Nalby.

Action Jackson
10-21-2006, 08:52 AM
People who think that way are usually cynical (which you might admit to) and boring (not sure about this one).

Nothing wrong with trying to predict things for fun. It shows you actually have some interest in the game of tennis and its' players. Unless you don't give a shit about neither Fed nor Nalby.

All fair points have been raised.

I mean there is only so much fawning about Federer that one can take. One thing I don't agree about is a lack of interest in players, it's just I am not going to concentrate it solely on superstars.

richie21
10-21-2006, 01:05 PM

Players like Berdych, Gasquet, Baghdatis etc. etc. will eventually become the next person to eventually win Wimbledon.

I think Nadal will win the French Open a few more times and the Australian Open a couple of times but he won't win at the faster Grand Slams.

with the serve he has,he'll never win Wimbledon :o
i'd be very surprised if he made the 1/4 final once,let alone win the whole thing....

KaxMisha
10-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Federer will never win the French. I can imagine Nadal withdrawing out f the yourney w/ an injury, but just before Fed wins the title, he chokes and loses in the final to Davydenko

I think you're confusing what you want with what's likely to happen.

Dem0
10-21-2006, 02:06 PM
What's the point on making that kind of predictions? And also I see that they're very difficult to come true, how come Nadal will win 5 more Grand Slam and just 6 more TMS, when it's much harder to win a GS, there should be like 1GS/4TMS (like Nadal did last year) or 1GS/2TMS (like this year)... What I mean is that that predictions will hardly come true.

kronus12
10-21-2006, 02:11 PM
fed has more chances to win french then nadal ever winning wimbledon, nadal would need the same draw he had this year to get to the final.

Jogy
10-21-2006, 02:51 PM
When Federer career is at the end, Nadal is only 24 or 25 and has 5 years of great tennis ahead him. That is all you have to predict.

CmonAussie
10-21-2006, 08:45 PM
What's the point on making that kind of predictions? And also I see that they're very difficult to come true, how come Nadal will win 5 more Grand Slam and just 6 more TMS, when it's much harder to win a GS, there should be like 1GS/4TMS (like Nadal did last year) or 1GS/2TMS (like this year)... What I mean is that that predictions will hardly come true.
You`re welcome to disagree with me & you`re also more than welcome to post your own predictions~> what I posted was just my gut feeling about how the next 5-years may pan out for Fed & Rafa:cool:
##
BTW, Sampras has 14-Slams & 11-TMS, while Agassi has 8-Slams & 17-TMS~>> the ratio of Slam wins to TMS crowns doesn`t necessarily follow a logical pattern:p
I don`t believe Nadal will continue to win 4-TMS per year the way he managed in 2005~~>> last year was somewhat of a flukely successful year for him;) ...Certainly I don`t expect to see Nadal winning 11-titles in a calendar season again:devil: ...However Federer will continue to win double digit titles for a couple more years I`m sure:angel:

DDrago2
10-21-2006, 09:03 PM
My grand-mother used to say (in a rough translation): what has happened we have seen, what will happen we will see

neme6
10-21-2006, 09:28 PM
I think Fed will win all the GS next year

Dem0
10-21-2006, 10:00 PM
You`re welcome to disagree with me & you`re also more than welcome to post your own predictions~> what I posted was just my gut feeling about how the next 5-years may pan out for Fed & Rafa:cool:
##
BTW, Sampras has 14-Slams & 11-TMS, while Agassi has 8-Slams & 17-TMS~>> the ratio of Slam wins to TMS crowns doesn`t necessarily follow a logical pattern:p
I don`t believe Nadal will continue to win 4-TMS per year the way he managed in 2005~~>> last year was somewhat of a flukely successful year for him;) ...Certainly I don`t expect to see Nadal winning 11-titles in a calendar season again:devil: ...However Federer will continue to win double digit titles for a couple more years I`m sure:angel:

Looking at my post, it looked kinda rude, sorry ;) Anyway, I know what you say about the ratio, after all tennis isn't a science, but I think that if Nadal continue being the best in clay (as you remark by the # of French Opens you said he might win), he would also win at least one or two clay TMS, wouldn't he? Well, that's what I think, none of us know what will happen, but it's more logical to win more TMS than GS, specially if you're a claycourter.

General Suburbia
10-21-2006, 11:14 PM
I think you're confusing what you want with what's likely to happen.
Nah, just a bit of exaggeration on my part.

CmonAussie
08-22-2007, 01:44 PM
#BUMP~~ updatede#

Up to 2007 [Aug]

TMC = 3
TMS = 14
Slam finals = 2 [FO 2]
Other ATP titles = 22
Total titles = 50

Predicted 2012 [end]

TMC = 5
TMS = 20
Total titles = 80-85

Nadal`s career snapshot

Slams = 3 [FO 3]
TMS = 9
Other ATP titles = 11
Total titles = 23

Predicted 2012 [end]

TMS = 19
Total titles = 40-45

What do you guys/gals think:confused: ...Please predict what you think Roger`s & Nadal`s careers will look like after another 5-years...:confused:

Puschkin
08-22-2007, 02:01 PM
At the end of 2011

Roger will have retired, he will have managed to beat Sampras' GS record, he also will have won RG once, but not the Grand Slam.

Nadal will have added 3-4 GS titels to his current 3, but no Wimbledon, he will have been no1, but for a relatively brief period, he won't be no1 at the end of 2011.

:topic: with the serve he has,he'll never win Wimbledon :o
i'd be very surprised if he made the 1/4 final once,let alone win the whole thing....

As you don't answer pms, I have to make this public: A 100 €-bet for a Wimbledon (singles !) title for Gasquet up to 2011, if he is still playing by that time.

MariaV
08-22-2007, 02:05 PM
As you don't answer pms, I have to make this public: A 100 €-bet for a Wimbledon (singles !) title for Gasquet up to 2011, if he is still playing by that time.

Go Margareta! And GO Richie! :rocker: Allez! :banana:

buzz
08-22-2007, 02:55 PM
#BUMP~~ updatede#

Up to 2007 [Aug]

TMC = 3
TMS = 14
Slam finals = 2 [FO 2]
Other ATP titles = 22
Total titles = 50

Predicted 2012 [end]

TMC = 5
TMS = 20
Total titles = 80-85

:

Hmm nice guess but, I think you are wrong with feds slams, if he wins USO this year he will already have 4 (he is the favourite). Then little chance he's not going to win AO an USO anymore but wil win an FO. More likely to win 5 USO en 4 AO total I think.

And up untill now fed won more than 50% of his titles from 'the big 14'. You predict him to win 13 big titles an thus 17-23 smal ones, don't think so myself more TMS's

MatchFederer
08-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Up to 2007 [Aug]

TMC = 3
TMS = 14
Slam finals = 2 [FO 2]
Other ATP titles = 22
Total titles = 50

Predicted 2012 [end]

TMC = 5
TMS = 20
Total titles = 80-85

Nadal`s career snapshot

Slams = 3 [FO 3]
TMS = 9
Other ATP titles = 11
Total titles = 23

Predicted 2012 [end]

TMS = 19
Total titles = 40-45

If Nadal is going to win another 10 TMS shields then I think the total titles estimate is way off.. Another 10 would probably take another 3-6 years and such consistent form would see him bag many titles that are lower down in the hierarchy than the TMS titles. I think according to your TMS prediction that Nadal is more likely to end up with 50 plus titles. :)

Do you really think Federer has won his last Australian Open? I feel that your prediction is a little flawed in that with the current homogeny of the surfaces in comparison to yesteryear, once Federer starts declining it is going to be hard for him to keep churning out Wimbledons like Sampras was able to. I think that if he has significant decline on the hardcourts then that will make it likely that he would significantly decline on the grass.

TMC = 3
TMS = 14
Slam finals = 2 [FO 2]
Other ATP titles = 22
Total titles = 50

Predicted 2012 [end]

Slams = 18 [Wimby 7, USO 5, AO 5, FO 1]
TMC = 5
TMS = 22
Total titles = 80-85

Nadal`s career snapshot

Slams = 3 [FO 3]
TMS = 9
Other ATP titles = 11
Total titles = 23

Predicted 2012 [end]

Slams = 8 [FO 6, AO 1, Wimby 1]
TMS = 18
Total titles = 50-55 :wavey:

CmonAussie
08-22-2007, 03:46 PM
If Nadal is going to win another 10 TMS shields then I think the total titles estimate is way off.. Another 10 would probably take another 3-6 years and such consistent form would see him bag many titles that are lower down in the hierarchy than the TMS titles. I think according to your TMS prediction that Nadal is more likely to end up with 50 plus titles. :)

wavey:

Thanks for your fantastic response Oxygene:cool:
Regarding Nadal & his ratio of winning TMS titles compared with lesser titles~~ i stick by my predictions;)

Nadal is more likely to win TMS titles these days than MM titles, for instance in 2006 Nadal won 5-titles total [1-Slam, 2-TMS, 2-other], & so far in 2007 Nadal`s won 6-titles total [1-Slam, 3-TMS, 2-other]...
So Rafa`s won 5-TMS & 4-other titles in the last couple of years;)
Nadal knows he needs to peak for the bigger titles & also the lesser players are less likely to cause an upset at a TMS event than they are at a regular ATP tour event, which means players like Fed, Rafa & Djoko are more likely to win the bigger titles. Plus the system of byes in TMS events facilitates the top players domination of them;)

Xristos
08-22-2007, 03:54 PM

Thats what was said after the 06 final..

MatchFederer
08-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Nadal is more likely to win TMS titles these days than MM titles, for instance in 2006 Nadal won 5-titles total [1-Slam, 2-TMS, 2-other], & so far in 2007 Nadal`s won 6-titles total [1-Slam, 3-TMS, 2-other]...
So Rafa`s won 5-TMS & 4-other titles in the last couple of years;)

You raise a valid point, and in another thread somebody posted that the percentage of titles won by Rafa that are TMS or GS status is 52%. I get the feeling that his TMS titles will be more spread out though over the next years, but that he will still keep raking in the slightly smaller titles during the same time span.. with the increasing competition he will still be a lock or favourite for many of the smaller tournies but less of a favourite for the big ones, if that kinda makes any sense.. :confused:

Also, after his prime is well and truly past and he is no longer really still in contention for the Grand Slams or TMS, I think he will still be good enough to win several of the smaller tournies.

It is nice to hear your views and we will see who is right in a few years time. :D :devil:

CmonAussie
08-22-2007, 04:03 PM
You raise a valid point, and in another thread somebody posted that the percentage of titles won by Rafa that are TMS or GS status is 52%. I get the feeling that his TMS titles will be more spread out though over the next years, but that he will still keep raking in the slightly smaller titles during the same time span.. with the increasing competition he will still be a lock or favourite for many of the smaller tournies but less of a favourite for the big ones, if that kinda makes any sense.. :confused:

Also, after his prime is well and truly past and he is no longer really still in contention for the Grand Slams or TMS, I think he will still be good enough to win several of the smaller tournies.

It is nice to hear your views and we will see who is right in a few years time. :D :devil:

:cool: :cool: Thanks again.
Yes, only time will tell & I think it`ll be very interesting to see how Nadal`s career will pan out!
Already many predicted the premature end of Nadal`s career @ the end of 2005 when he was seriously injured, then again at the end of last year- when he went a long time without a title..
Yet everytime continues to prove the critics wrong [like those who said last year`s Wimbledon final was a fluke, then he did it again]..

Seriously I think Nadal lives for the big occassions & he has an uncanny ability to rise to the occassion, which is why I expect him to continue his great strike rate in Slams/TMS for the next few years;)

mashamaniac
08-22-2007, 06:01 PM
i predict rafa getting to #1,fed being #2...rafa having already won Wimbly and USO and AO...fed being in a slam drought for nearly 3 years!!!
rafa making it 8th straight in FO...and nole yet to reach his 1st slam final!!!

bry17may
10-12-2013, 01:35 AM
Bump

:facepalm: except for the last :p

:facepalm:

Nadal won't win Wimby.

:facepalm:

At the end of 2011

Roger will have retired, he will have managed to beat Sampras' GS record, he also will have won RG once, but not the Grand Slam.

Nadal will have added 3-4 GS titels to his current 3, but no Wimbledon, he will have been no1, but for a relatively brief period, he won't be no1 at the end of 2011.

:topic:

It looks like someone have to pay 100 €