I as a Rafa fan appologise (not hahaha) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I as a Rafa fan appologise (not hahaha)

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-20-2006, 10:54 PM
...for his comment. He was a sore loser like Federer and for that I hope he apologises.

(I didn't get the respose I wanted from Fed fans. I thought one of them would apologise for Feds remarks.

Good you guys aren't as soft as the ballet tennis you like.

I cant believe people actually thought I was serious. Tennis should be more in your face. Players should talk trash and insult the crowds they own.

Congrats Berdych, keep humiliating crowds.)

ufokart
10-20-2006, 10:57 PM
You can't help mentioning Federer, right? :haha:

scarecrows
10-20-2006, 10:57 PM
wise words

with this comment you lost all the chances to win the ACC next year though

Sunset of Age
10-20-2006, 11:00 PM
...for his comment. He was a sore loser like Federer and for that I hope he appologises.

Hey, dear - I thought you wereone of those awful 'Rafatard's, and as such I (Rafa fan myself, BTW) couldn't take you too seriously - but here you show REAL GUTS!!!

I'm a fan of yours, now. :worship:

All I can hope for now, is that Rafa himself realizes what an idiot he made of himself tonight - and that he'll apologize, too. :p

Naranoc
10-20-2006, 11:05 PM
:yeah:

I think all Nadal fans, however radical, recognise that it was an immature thing to say.

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-20-2006, 11:05 PM
wise words
with this comment you lost all the chances to win the ACC next year though
Hey, dear - I thought you wereone of those awful 'Rafatard's, and as such I (Rafa fan myself, BTW) couldn't take you too seriously - but here you show REAL GUTS!!!
I'm a fan of yours, now.

Thanks, the reason I say extreme things is because the arrogance and hypocricy of Federer fans annoys me.

mangoes
10-20-2006, 11:08 PM
...for his comment. He was a sore loser like Federer and for that I hope he apologises.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You just couldn't do that without throwing an insult Roger's way, could you!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GlennMirnyi
10-20-2006, 11:09 PM
The proof that Fedtards are not all hypocrite was shown today. Nadal is no angel, and in fact is much worse than Federer... don't remember him calling players "stupid".

Sunset of Age
10-20-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks, the reason I say extreme things is because the arrogance and hypocricy of Federer fans annoys me.

Let me just say, not ALL Fed fans are arrogant and hypocritic - if Fed had said 'n' done anything likewise, I'd be equally dismissive.
Fact is - he doesn't.

Regenbogen
10-20-2006, 11:13 PM
:yeah:

I think all Nadal fans, however radical, recognise that it was an immature thing to say.

I do, and I honestly don't care. I find comments like this[by anyone] entertaining and see no need to bash them :lol: They're humans after all, we've likely said much worse about people :lol:

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-20-2006, 11:14 PM
Let me just say, not ALL Fed fans are arrogant and hypocritic - if Fed had said 'n' done anything likewise, I'd be equally dismissive.
Fact is - he doesn't.

He called someone a cheater and one-dimensional.

World Beater
10-20-2006, 11:16 PM

he called him out because of the coaching...but he never attacked nadal's character...:haha:

keep trying RFK.

Pea
10-20-2006, 11:16 PM
LMAO! :haha: You're a real troll.

Sunset of Age
10-20-2006, 11:19 PM

And what if said person was actually hinting at the TRUTH?
Fed might have said this at a better and more appropriate time (that is: tell it mr. Nadal in person in stead of via the press) - but I think it's better when Rafa is actually told so in stead of being surrounded only by people who think he's some sort of tennis god. Not to mention all those hormonally-driven teenieboppers/stalkers.

"If the Truth Hurts, Prepare for Pain!"

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-20-2006, 11:28 PM
LMAO! You're a real troll.

I apologise for my favourtie players comment and I am a troll :confused:

RickDaStick
10-20-2006, 11:31 PM

Couldn't agree more Nadal is a sore loser

GlennMirnyi
10-20-2006, 11:33 PM
Nadal has shown us today his real self. A sore loser and whiner.

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Nadal has shown us today his real self. A sore loser and whiner.

Is he does it again, I won't cheer for him like I don't cheer for Federer.

NYCtennisfan
10-20-2006, 11:35 PM

:haha: :haha:

The only reason for this thread to exist is that you wanted to get a shot in at Fed. :haha: :haha:

Naranoc
10-20-2006, 11:36 PM
Is he does it again, I won't cheer for him like I don't cheer for Federer.

What's happening here? Is this like your 'I'm leaving if Rafa doesn't win the Aussie Open' promise?

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-20-2006, 11:41 PM
What's happening here? Is this like your 'I'm leaving if Rafa doesn't win the Aussie Open' promise?

I can't cheer for arrogant sore losers like Federer in any sport. So if Rafa gets that arrogant and can't handle losses I can't cheer for him.

Naranoc
10-20-2006, 11:42 PM
^ Got it :lol:

GlennMirnyi
10-20-2006, 11:43 PM
I can't cheer for arrogant sore losers like Federer in any sport. So if Rafa gets that arrogant and can't handle losses I can't cheer for him.

He is like that. The more he loses, the more you'll acknowledge that.

Rogiman
10-20-2006, 11:48 PM
I can't cheer for arrogant sore losers like Federer in any sport. So if Rafa gets that arrogant and can't handle losses I can't cheer for him.What is really ridiculous is fans trying to portray sportsmen as angels, then pretending to be shocked when their beloved ones fall off heaven.

You should cheer for your favs for the things they do ON court, tennis is what they're good at - not diplomacy.

Besides, most of the time being a sore loser is a mandatory requirement for elite players - unless they choose to be nice and settle for the (very nice indeed) James Blake kind of career.

mamasue
10-20-2006, 11:55 PM
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9527/pissldj6.gifhttp://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5469/pissrmk2.gif

Castafiore
10-20-2006, 11:56 PM
What is really ridiculous is fans trying to portray sportsmen as angels, then pretending to be shocked when their beloved ones fall off heaven.

You should cheer for your favs for the things they do ON court, tennis is what they're good at - not diplomacy.

Besides, most of the time being a sore loser is a mandatory requirement for elite players - unless they choose to be nice and settle for the (very nice indeed) James Blake kind of career.
Shocking as it may be....I fully agree with you.:eek:

Then again, I was/am also a fan of players like McEnroe, Connors, Hewitt.

Top sport has no place for angels. Rafa is a good person in general, I think, but he's not a saint and not an angel.

Rafa and his limited English said some things in the heat of the moment. Maybe he had a point but it was perhaps better to say these things in a more calm and diplomatic way during the press conference for example.

Corey Feldman
10-20-2006, 11:59 PM
this would have seemed more sincere if you hadnt missed the chance to DRAG Federer's name into it as always
:lol:

only jk RFK :hug:

GlennMirnyi
10-20-2006, 11:59 PM
I imagine Connors wouldn't have any fans in this politically correct world.
I would like my favorite players dished out all kind of crap against their opponents. That's much more real, nobody is an angel.

NYCtennisfan
10-21-2006, 12:00 AM
What is really ridiculous is fans trying to portray sportsmen as angels, then pretending to be shocked when their beloved ones fall off heaven.

This is so true. Michael Jordan hated losing. Pete hated losing. JMac and Connors loathed losing. It's the rare great athlete who can take defeat graciously and not get upset. I bet if Nadal had had more time to think about the match, he would still be upset, but not use the same words. Same for Federer (probably) when talking about Djokovic.

World Beater
10-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Shocking as it may be....I fully agree with you.:eek:

Then again, I was/am also a fan of players like McEnroe, Connors, Hewitt.

Top sport has no place for angels. Rafa is a good person in general, I think, but he's not a saint and not an angel.

Rafa and his limited English said some things in the heat of the moment. Maybe he had a point but it was perhaps better to say these things in a more calm and diplomatic way during the press conference for example.

i believe the stupid comment was in spanish.

Rogiman
10-21-2006, 12:03 AM
I would like my favorite players dished out all kind of crap against their opponents. That's much more real, nobody is an angel.

:rocker: "He's quite one dimensional with his game" :rocker2: "We all know he's a joke with his injuries" :rocker: "Go suck a fat one, Toni"

Castafiore
10-21-2006, 12:04 AM
i believe the stupid comment was in spanish.
Nope. Did you see the match or bother to read the interview transcripts?

Read the transcript from Berdych. Rafa told him this in "his English"

World Beater
10-21-2006, 12:05 AM
This is so true. Michael Jordan hated losing. Pete hated losing. JMac and Connors loathed losing. It's the rare great athlete who can take defeat graciously and not get upset. I bet if Nadal had had more time to think about the match, he would still be upset, but not use the same words. Same for Federer (probably) when talking about Djokovic.

yes, but i think the culture of the sport has a lot to do with it...i cant remember pete rubbing shots or great plays in the other guys face...same with federer.

jordan talked trash ALL the time, and was definately a showoff...but in basketball, who doesnt? in tennis, people are far too sensitive...arrogance is commonplace, but i rarely find people make such a big deal about kobe for instance and his ostentatious nature.

Corey Feldman
10-21-2006, 12:06 AM
He called someone a cheater and one-dimensional.btw rafa is not beyond shit like that himself... i seen him play his davis cup teamate and buddy Verdasco at queens this year and he was well annoyed at nando being injured... he felt he was faking it.

thats his countryman - his friend.

World Beater
10-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Nope. Did you see the match or bother to read the interview transcripts?

Read the transcript from Berdych. Rafa told him this in "his English"

i saw the closing moments of the match...thats better than any media release. he said "very bad, very bad..." I have also heard rafa on the audio speaking in spanish. the link should be in this thread or the other one...of course there always the possibility its made up, but its from the spanish press, so i highly doubt it when it comes to rafa.

NYCtennisfan
10-21-2006, 12:07 AM
yes, but i think the culture of the sport has a lot to do with it...i cant remember pete rubbing shots or great plays in the other guys face...same with federer.

jordan talked trash ALL the time, and was definately a showoff...but in basketball, who doesnt? in tennis, people are far too sensitive...arrogance is commonplace, but i rarely find people make such a big deal about kobe for instance and his ostentatious nature.

True. Rarely do you see "in-you-face" type of stuff in tennis, but the arrogance can be seen in the little stare, the walk back to the service line, the handshake...all so subtle.

If you are a great player used to winning, you are going to get all pissy when you lose and will probably say something negative right after the loss when interviewed.

World Beater
10-21-2006, 12:10 AM
True. Rarely do you see "in-you-face" type of stuff in tennis, but the arrogance can be seen in the little stare, the walk back to the service line, the handshake...all so subtle.

If you are a great player used to winning, you are going to get all pissy when you lose and will probably say something negative right after the loss when interviewed.

its funny. when i see basketball, my sensibilities automatically sensitize themselves....when i see arrogance or attitude, i applaud and appreciate. when i watch tennis and i see a stare down, or in your face antics, i cringe.

you know pete was confident and playing well when he would wipe the sweat off his brow with emphasis. he definately has a swagger but it is a different one than federer. Federer doesnt even acknowledge his shots sometimes..he is beyond all that...its kind of scary...to me this a new level of arrogance/ confidence...

"meh, you thought that was a great shot, i can hit in my sleep 10/10"

Regenbogen
10-21-2006, 12:10 AM

:lol: yeah

Corey Feldman
10-21-2006, 12:12 AM
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9527/pissldj6.gifhttp://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5469/pissrmk2.gif:lol:

Castafiore
10-21-2006, 12:15 AM
i saw the closing moments of the match...thats better than any media release. he said "very bad, very bad..." I have also heard rafa on the audio speaking in spanish. the link should be in this thread or the other one...of course there always the possibility its made up, but its from the spanish press, so i highly doubt it when it comes to rafa.
Just talking about the closing moments of the match...Rafa spoke to Berdych in English.

I assume that this audio comes from the post-match interview not the closing moments of the match.

World Beater
10-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Just talking about the closing moments of the match...Rafa spoke to Berdych in English.

I assume that this audio comes from the post-match interview not the closing moments of the match.

yes. i dont disagree. but rafa did do an interview, and even a few minutes later he was still fuming...yes, i was bothered enough to do a little research before posting.;)

artlinkletter
10-21-2006, 12:29 AM

The "stupid" comment was made during the interview right after the match, on court. Only TV viewers got to see it, no one in the arena heard it.

Castafiore
10-21-2006, 12:37 AM
The "stupid" comment was made during the interview right after the match, on court. Only TV viewers got to see it, no one in the arena heard it.
No, Rafa said something to Berdych right after the match. Not in an interview. We could see that. Berdych does his "shush" thing, the crowd starts to boo him, Rafa tells him "he's bad" for doing that, Berdych reacts a bit surprised at what he just heard,....

The audio seems to come from an interview afterwards when he was asked about it.

Two seperate occassions.

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-21-2006, 02:11 AM
I didn't get the respose I wanted from Fed fans. I thought one of them would apologise for Feds remarks.

I cant believe people actually thought I was serious. Tennis should be more in your face. Players should talk trash and insult the crowds they own.

Congrats Berdych, keep humiliating crowds.

GlennMirnyi
10-21-2006, 02:17 AM
I didn't get the respose I wanted from Fed fans. I thought one of them would apologise for Feds remarks.

Congrats Berdych, keep humiliating crowds.

Now we're talking business. ;)

Cristine
10-21-2006, 02:20 AM
Bah, what a great thread! :D :p

I didn't like the Berdych's "shhh", so... :hug:

Cristine
10-21-2006, 02:21 AM
Now we're talking business. ;)

I want Tomas in your sign!!! :smash: :p

Action Jackson
10-21-2006, 02:28 AM
RFK, good stuff man.

GlennMirnyi
10-21-2006, 02:30 AM
I want Tomas in your sign!!! :smash: :p

I'm preparing a special one for him... don't worry.

Don't forget also that what you wish is an order to me, milady! :worship:
:smooch:

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-21-2006, 02:30 AM
RFK, good stuff man.

Thanks

I enjoy this stuff.

GlennMirnyi
10-21-2006, 02:32 AM
RFK, good stuff man.

Hey mate, great call yesterday, huh? :worship:

I mean, nothing that we didn't know about, but that was great.

Cristine
10-21-2006, 02:32 AM
I'm preparing a special one for him... don't worry.

Don't forget also that what you wish is an order to me, milady! :worship:
:smooch:

:angel: :smooch:

Action Jackson
10-21-2006, 02:37 AM
Hey mate, great call yesterday, huh? :worship:

I mean, nothing that we didn't know about, but that was great.

I am not going to gloat too much, but as I said many times it's a simple match up issue between them and I couldn't watch the match live as I had a big night.

Taped the match and avoided the result and then when I saw it, well it was good.

As for the reactions, well a bit of needle in the matches aren't such a bad thing at all.

martinatreue
10-21-2006, 06:19 AM
wow what a compliment to compare fed's tennis to ballet. :) Although I doubt that that poster understands how tough ballet is and what a great compliment that is. Anyways Fed is way ahead of Rafatard sore loser.

morningglory
10-21-2006, 06:50 AM
hehehe... no need to apologize for him...
We all know that both Rafael and Roger have a dark side to them whenever they lose... it just shows up once in a while and people get shocked :lol:

As for me... I am waiting for the next Tomas VS Rafael and this time, I hope it's in a Slam!

Adler
10-21-2006, 06:54 AM
cut down with the unnecessary emotions people

David Kenzie
10-21-2006, 07:16 AM
This forum is about mens tennis, not about an imaginary war between fans. Once people like you will have understood this, then MTF will be a better place...

Action Jackson
10-21-2006, 07:18 AM
This forum is about mens tennis, not about an imaginary war between fans. Once people like you will have understood this, then MTF will be a better place...

World peace, nuclear disarmament and the eradication of world poverty will be easier to overcome.

yanchr
10-21-2006, 08:35 AM
I apologise for my favourtie players comment and I am a troll :confused:
Putting Fed bashing (again) aside, why do you have to apologise...I mean you don't earn a penny by apologising for sb who even don't know who you are...you think who you are... and people will ever care a shit about you :lol:

So yes, you are a troll :lol: I beg you not to start stupid threads again...:help:

Adler
10-21-2006, 08:37 AM
So yes, you are a troll :lol: I beg you not to start stupid threads again...:help:
I don't think it was a bad idea. This place is full of irrational hatred between the fans of players, and there comes a guy, whose nick tells all, and he admits that his idol done wrong. Good example I think

yanchr
10-21-2006, 08:41 AM
I don't think it was a bad idea. This place is full of irrational hatred between the fans of players, and there comes a guy, whose nick tells all, and he admits that his idol done wrong. Good example I think
Ummm...then you haven't learned to enjoy the enjoyment of MTF ;)

The Pro
10-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Well I DON'T apolgise.

Rafa is guilty of being a little sanctimonious and of being a little pissy, but right after such a match I think it's excusable.

I imagine the translation of a little stupid means 'foolish' in provoking a partisan crowd.

That shushing gesture, while understandable, was like Big Brother contestants who walk out of the house and cup their hands behind their ears. Asking for it!

I apologise for all the Rafanutters round here who can't hold a coherent agrgument, but not for Rafa. He had a point on the issue, a holier than thou one, granted, but he was at home and probly felt a little embarrased by the crowd...

Exodus
10-21-2006, 10:07 AM
more and more players are not afraid of nadal anymore esp. not on any surface besides CLAY