So what are you people gonna do when ... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

So what are you people gonna do when ...

BlakeJamitis
10-20-2006, 09:49 PM
... a great player comes to tennis who has the ego of a Terrell Owens, Allen Iverson or Barry Bonds. And I would bet that the day is coming when tennis will have a straight up "no holds barred", "don't take no &^$# from nobody" type player who knows he's one of if not the best player.

If that little silencing gesture offended you that deeply, I can't wait to see what you say when said player arives on the scene. :timebomb:

bluefork
10-20-2006, 09:54 PM
... a great player comes to tennis who has the ego of a Terrell Owens, Allen Iverson or Barry Bonds. And I would bet that the day is coming when tennis will have a straight up "no holds barred", "don't take no &^$# from nobody" type player who knows he's one of if not the best player.

If that little silencing gesture offended you that deeply, I can't wait to see what you say when said player arives on the scene. :timebomb:

Tennis isn't popular enough for any player to get that big an ego.

oz_boz
10-20-2006, 10:00 PM
it was far worse before with Connors, Nastase, McEnroe. Luckily the umpires and rules regulate stupid behaviour. If getting "personalities" into the business is the only way of making tennis more popular, I won't be a fan anymore.

Whistleway
10-20-2006, 10:53 PM
good post.

Ceri
10-20-2006, 11:20 PM
definitely, great post!:)