Andy in the Davidoff Swiss Indoors Basil- 10/23-10/29, 2006 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Andy in the Davidoff Swiss Indoors Basil- 10/23-10/29, 2006

10-20-2006, 03:12 AM
Well this is the next Tournament Andy is scheduled to play in.

Sweet4Richard
10-23-2006, 02:46 AM
Andy drew the dangerous youngster Juan Martin del Potro in the first round.

Good Luck Andy :banana:

Sweet4Richard
10-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Andy withdrew due to a throat infection :sad:

Illness forces Murray to pull out

British number one Andy Murray has withdrawn from the Swiss Indoors event because of a throat infection.
The 19-year-old Scot had been due to face Argentine Juan-Martin Del Potro, but will now fly back to Britain.

He hopes to recover from his illness in time to take his place in the draw for next week's prestigious Paris Masters.

Murray had said earlier this week that he felt mentally tired after a long season and was not sure whether he would play in the event in Basle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/6081966.stm

10-24-2006, 06:53 PM
I hate to say it, but when players are unsure about playing in a Tournament or not and then they end up "sick" I kind of wonder about that. And not just Andy, but any player in that situation. I think he wanted a rest in the first place so he decided to take it :zzz:

decrepitude
10-24-2006, 10:11 PM
I would much rather he plays in Paris. If he doesn't, he will have to count a zero as one of his countable tournaments, which would do his ranking no good at all. So if he is as jaded as he seems to be, missing this tournament is a good thing.

It does seem a bit of a dubious illness in view of what he said last week, but it could be that he said what he did about finishing the season early because he was feeling low, and that feeling low may have been because this virus was starting.

10-25-2006, 05:39 AM
I would much rather he plays in Paris. If he doesn't, he will have to count a zero as one of his countable tournaments, which would do his ranking no good at all. So if he is as jaded as he seems to be, missing this tournament is a good thing.

It does seem a bit of a dubious illness in view of what he said last week, but it could be that he said what he did about finishing the season early because he was feeling low, and that feeling low may have been because this virus was starting.
I would rather he play Paris also. A report from a poster at the Tournament said Andy was walking around the Hotel looking fit so I have to think that he wanted the rest :zzz: But then, of course, maybe I'm the one that is jaded :lol: