Tommy in St. Petersburg, Russia - 10/23/-10/29, 2006 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tommy in St. Petersburg, Russia - 10/23/-10/29, 2006

10-20-2006, 02:03 AM
This is the next Tournament Tommy is scheduled to play in. And there have been a lot of pull outs of players. Not only from the Main Entry List, but the Alternate List also. So maybe if Tommy could just get a decent draw here he could pick up some points--I know that's too much to ask for :rolleyes:

kiwifan80
10-20-2006, 08:12 AM
U never know... Hopefully Tommy will finally have some luck

10-21-2006, 03:01 AM
U never know... Hopefully Tommy will finally have some luck
Tommy is overdue for some luck I think--please :angel:

TommyB.
10-21-2006, 03:44 PM
(1) Davydenko Nikolay RUS - Santoro Fabrice FRA
Moodie Wesley RSA - (WC) Gabashvili Teimuraz RUS
Johansson Thomas SWE - Dancevic Frank CAN
Schuettler Rainer GER - (7) Youzhny Mikhail RUS

(4) Haas Tommy GER - Q
Phau Bjorn GER - (WC) Kunitsyn Igor RUS
Bracciali Daniele ITA - Starace Potito ITA
Tipsarevic Janko SCG - (5) Nieminen Jarkko FIN

(6) Tursunov Dmitry RUS - Mirnyi Max BLR
Q - Pavel Andrei ROM
Q - Sluiter Raemon NED
Goldstein Paul USA - (3) Ancic Mario CRO

(8) Melzer Jurgen AUT - Dlouhy Lukas CZE
Vik Robin CZE - (WC) Gulbis Ernest LAT
Hernych Jan CZE - Korolev Evgeny RUS
Q - (2) Robredo Tommy ESP

Not a bad draw but you never know! ;)

Alexiana
10-21-2006, 09:50 PM
This is definitely a good draw, but if Tommy is as unmotivated as against Rafa he can lose in round 1...

10-22-2006, 04:30 AM
This is definitely a good draw, but if Tommy is as unmotivated as against Rafa he can lose in round 1...
What has happened to Tommy :confused: I don't think you got to see him at the U.S. Open like I did? But he really played so hard and you could tell he wanted to win every Match. He didn't, but he really, really tried. And since then it is like he has just gone away. I mean his body is at the Tournaments, but that is all :sad: Oh well his body would do for me :devil: but he needs to do more than just show up to win tennis matches :rolleyes:

Alexiana
10-22-2006, 12:51 PM
What has happened to Tommy :confused: I don't think you got to see him at the U.S. Open like I did? But he really played so hard and you could tell he wanted to win every Match. He didn't, but he really, really tried. And since then it is like he has just gone away. I mean his body is at the Tournaments, but that is all :sad: Oh well his body would do for me :devil: but he needs to do more than just show up to win tennis matches :rolleyes:

yeah, he seems not to believe himself, that he can reach the cup and beat people like Nadal...:mad:

10-22-2006, 11:07 PM
yeah, he seems not to believe himself, that he can reach the cup and beat people like Nadal...:mad:
There are players that don't believe in themselves I know. But somehow Tommy never seemed to be one of those players to me. Maybe at this point in his career and especially since so much bad has happened to him he just can't always get really up for each and every Tournament. I don't know :shrug:

Alexiana
10-23-2006, 09:01 PM
There are players that don't believe in themselves I know. But somehow Tommy never seemed to be one of those players to me. Maybe at this point in his career and especially since so much bad has happened to him he just can't always get really up for each and every Tournament. I don't know :shrug:

Yeah and it's ok, that you cannot give everything everytime, but I hate it when Tommy loses against Top players although he has the weapons to beat them:mad:

He will play the qualifier Nenad Zimonjic. He is a dangerous player, but Tommy should beat him

angela
10-23-2006, 11:57 PM

Sure. :worship:

10-24-2006, 02:08 AM
Yeah and it's ok, that you cannot give everything everytime, but I hate it when Tommy loses against Top players although he has the weapons to beat them:mad:

He will play the qualifier Nenad Zimonjic. He is a dangerous player, but Tommy should beat him
I know Nenad because he normally plays Doubles with Santoro. But I don't think I have ever noticed him playing Singles :confused: I hope this isn't another case of--would have, should have, could have-- when it comes to the outcome of this Match. Tommy should defeat a player like this with all ease, but will he :rolleyes: (And let me make it clear I'm not saying this to put the other player down, I'm just saying Tommy has the talent to win this Match!) Now Tommy win the Match--please :angel:

TommyB.
10-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Tommy def. Zimonjic 6:2 6:7(6) 6:2

I think the 3rd set wasn't necessary. Now against Kunitsyn who did well in Russia...not easy!

10-25-2006, 04:08 PM
Tommy def. Zimonjic 6:2 6:7(6) 6:2

I think the 3rd set wasn't necessary. Now against Kunitsyn who did well in Russia...not easy!
Yes my first thought on seeing the score was that Tommy didn't exactly blow the guy away :rolleyes: The articles that have been posted about Tommy's plans for next year make me want that Tommy back even more.
The guy that beat Roger in the exhibition and won Delray Beach where is he now?

Alexiana
10-25-2006, 08:37 PM
good news for Tommy that Davydenko and Baghdatis went out early. Blake is ill and isn't playing this week. Tommy's chances rise. He needs an semi final to add points. And it would be good for him if Ancic loses

TommyB.
10-25-2006, 08:51 PM
It's not impossible to reach the final here...Nieminen out, Davydenko out. A good chance but let's wait and see.

leng jai
10-26-2006, 01:31 AM
I wouldn't draw too much from that exhibition against Federer in Australia. I have it on tape and it was a shit match all round.

angela
10-26-2006, 01:53 AM
This Tournament is for you Tommy come on.

10-26-2006, 04:30 AM
I wouldn't draw too much from that exhibition against Federer in Australia. I have it on tape and it was a shit match all round.
Well I didn't see it, but I don't think exhibition Matches ever have the quality of a real Tournament. No matter who is playing in them.

10-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Well Tommy lost in the 2nd Round again :sad:

TommyB.
10-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Tommy, Tommy, Tommy...no comment! :rolleyes:

Alexiana
10-26-2006, 05:55 PM
I really don't care about Tommy anymore this season....

Waskes racquet arrived today :bigclap: And I got autographs from the team :D

10-26-2006, 07:05 PM

Gee Alexiana that's a fine write off :eek: Weren't you the one who got so upset with me when I misunderstood Tommy's allergy problems earlier this year?

Leen.
10-26-2006, 10:02 PM
I just donīt get it whatīs up with Tommy. It seems like since the US Open he hasnīt any power or motivation anymore :sad:

angela
10-26-2006, 10:05 PM
I really don't know what happen with Tommy maybe he needs a rest.

10-26-2006, 10:36 PM
I just don´t get it what´s up with Tommy. It seems like since the US Open he hasn´t any power or motivation anymore :sad:
The U.S. Open was very hard on Tommy. His part of the Draw got messed up with the rain in New York. So he had to play a lot of Matches in a short amount of time. And they were 5 Set Matches at that. He fought so hard at the U.S. Open, but after that he has never seemed the same :sad:

sploush
10-27-2006, 07:30 AM
He didn't look good even in the first round. I think he needs some rest. He looks slightly unmotivated. Oh well one more tournament to go this year and I am affraid it looks like it's going to be another early exit. :(

Leen.
10-27-2006, 07:51 AM
Maybe he is disappointed up to now because he didnīt reach what he intend to to - to win the US Open. And now his chances to go to Shanghai are really bad. It could be that he gave up every hope because he is exhausted and frustrated that he coudnīt make his dreams come true. If it is like that, it would be a bad attitude :sad: :sad:
Come on, Tommy, we need you and without you Tennis would be soooo boring! :devil:

TommyB.
10-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Maybe he is disappointed up to now because he didnīt reach what he intend to to - to win the US Open. And now his chances to go to Shanghai are really bad. It could be that he gave up every hope because he is exhausted and frustrated that he coudnīt make his dreams come true. If it is like that, it would be a bad attitude :sad: :sad:
Come on, Tommy, we need you and without you Tennis would be soooo boring! :devil:

Maybe an explanation for his bad performance after the USO. But Grand-Slam QF's are good results and he had a good chance to reach Shanghai. There was no reason for his unmotivated behavior like last year. I'm still proud of him after his great comeback due to all injuries...but sometimes...:rolleyes:

I wonder how he plays 2007!

Alexiana
10-27-2006, 04:34 PM

You know, that's I always care about Tommy and sometimes the frustration turns into an "He can do whatever he wants and I don't care"- mood. But I get the impression that he is unmotivated and that's what makes me sad and mad. He can't be exhausted anymore from the US Open.

tom&ni
10-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Gee Alexiana that's a fine write off :eek: Weren't you the one who got so upset with me when I misunderstood Tommy's allergy problems earlier this year?

Guys, guys, don't fight here ;) ... it's end of year, the tour ends in a few weeks, and the players are tired. Good year for Tommy :yeah:

10-28-2006, 05:05 AM
You know, that's I always care about Tommy and sometimes the frustration turns into an "He can do whatever he wants and I don't care"- mood. But I get the impression that he is unmotivated and that's what makes me sad and mad. He can't be exhausted anymore from the US Open.
I don't mean a physical exhaustion from the U.S. Open. Yes he would have been over that a long time ago. I mean a mental exhaustion from trying so hard in all those Matches only to end up out of the Tournament :sad:
I think after that he just kind of gave up on the year. He wanted to do well at the U.S. Open and that didn't work out. He wanted to do well in Davis Cup for Germany and that didn't work out. He only wanted to make it to the Round of 16 at Wimbledon and even that didn't work out. And he wanted to be in TMC and now that won't work out for him either. So I think he has just kind of shown up at the end of the year. I think Alexiana maybe Tommy is more frustrated about his year than you are. But he is making plans for 2007 we know that and maybe some more things will work out for him. I hope so :D

10-28-2006, 05:17 AM
Guys, guys, don't fight here ;) ... it's end of year, the tour ends in a few weeks, and the players are tired. Good year for Tommy :yeah:
We don't fight here. We just sometimes disagree :) :angel: I sometimes think we all care too much for Tommy :lol: But who can help it? I got a message from a poster that was at the St. Petersburg's Tournament and she said Tommy was "gorgeous". And it's not just a case of her saying that because she is a fan of Tommy's she was there to watch her favorites play. I mean you have to love "gorgeous" right--sometimes I think Tommy is too good looking for his own good :devil:

Alexiana
10-28-2006, 11:36 AM
I don't mean a physical exhaustion from the U.S. Open. Yes he would have been over that a long time ago. I mean a mental exhaustion from trying so hard in all those Matches only to end up out of the Tournament :sad:
I think after that he just kind of gave up on the year. He wanted to do well at the U.S. Open and that didn't work out. He wanted to do well in Davis Cup for Germany and that didn't work out. He only wanted to make it to the Round of 16 at Wimbledon and even that didn't work out. And he wanted to be in TMC and now that won't work out for him either. So I think he has just kind of shown up at the end of the year. I think Alexiana maybe Tommy is more frustrated about his year than you are. But he is making plans for 2007 we know that and maybe some more things will work out for him. I hope so :D

I'm not frustrated at all about his year. I loved it. But I'm disapointed that he doesn't show the mental strengh he showed earlier this year and that was at a time he did not have as much to lose as he has now. He always said, he wanted to join the Masters Cup one time and he was so close. I don't blame him for skipping the tournaments before DC, I appreciate that a lot. But after he lost to Udomchoke he kind off lost his fighting spirit for the rest of the year. He should beat people like Kunitsyn and he could have beaten Nadal if he really wanted to. That's why I'm disapointed. Alex Waske does not have Tommys talent at all, but he fights and fights and he never gives the impression, that he is unmotivated. I have followed Tommy for nearly 10 years now and I sometimes think of what he could have achieved if he would try even harder (of course those f.... injuries didn't help a lot...). He has the game, he has the strength but he stands in his own way...

tom&ni
10-28-2006, 10:58 PM
We don't fight here. We just sometimes disagree :) :angel: I sometimes think we all care too much for Tommy :lol: But who can help it? I got a message from a poster that was at the St. Petersburg's Tournament and she said Tommy was "gorgeous". And it's not just a case of her saying that because she is a fan of Tommy's she was there to watch her favorites play. I mean you have to love "gorgeous" right--sometimes I think Tommy is too good looking for his own good :devil:

You got that right, M;) :yeah: ...and for OUR own good too:devil:

10-29-2006, 01:40 AM
You got that right, M;) :yeah: ...and for OUR own good too:devil:
It is true I think for both men and women, if you are good looking, you can get away with a lot :devil: And Alexiana
Tommy's emotions/mind is what makes him a "Drama Queen". And we know that type is always going to end up doing themselves in, but we don't know when or how so we wait to see what will happen and when it will happen. And there you have your Drama. I mean it isn't possible for Tommy or anyone else to "have it all" so there has to be something missing somewhere. I mean Tommy has looks :drool: money, talent, so in his case the missing part is the consistent mental toughness needed in tennis. At times Tommy can be very mentally tough and other times he just goes away :rolleyes:

Nadie
10-29-2006, 09:54 AM

It was me! :eek: :haha: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

Mae's right: I went there to root for Max and Russian guys. And I haven't been Tommy's fan at all - but now I AM his fan :devil: :rocker2:
I wish him better luck in Paris! Auf geht's Tommy!

I'll upload some of my photos to pictures thread :wavey:

10-30-2006, 04:40 AM
It was me! :eek: :haha: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

Mae's right: I went there to root for Max and Russian guys. And I haven't been Tommy's fan at all - but now I AM his fan :devil: :rocker2:
I wish him better luck in Paris! Auf geht's Tommy!

I'll upload some of my photos to pictures thread :wavey:
Welcome Nadie :wavey: It is so nice to have you here :D
I wouldn't mention your name in my poster because I didn't know if you would want to be named or not? But it's great that you have become a fan of Tommy's :)