Am I the only one who finds this hilarious? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?

KaxMisha
10-20-2006, 12:38 AM
Nalbandian's blog (Thursday, October 19):

Firstly, sorry for not posting a blog on Wednesday – in the morning I went to do some shopping with Carlos Costa and later on I lost my doubles with my compatriot Sebastian Prieto against Paul Hanley and Kevin Ullyett.

I came to the club in the afternoon today, as my match was the fourth on court. I did my usual things such as eat breakfast, warm up and then a snack before the match (eating two times in this sentence). But I ended up rushing because the Joachim Johansson match against Fernando Gonzalez got cancelled.

Johansson pulled out with pharyngitis, so I was caught off guard. I found this out when I was warming up for the match. I hadn't eaten at that time, therefore I had to rush to eat something quickly and then take to the court.

This didn’t seem to affect me because I still won the first set in my match against Tim Henman. Once again I was down a break in the third set (5-4) and was able to pull out and advance. In my first round match, I was down 5-2 in the third set to Julien Benneteau and was also able to pull that match back too.

Right now I am hoping to get back to the hotel and have a massage and get something to eat. It is a shame that we are in Madrid and it has been raining for the past three days.

The hotel we are staying is a bit crazy. The rooms on my floor are all white, while I don't really have a problem with that I have been told that some rooms are all black and this could be a problem in waking up.

Thanks for reading.

David

Come on! Is food all the guy thinks about? If he wants to get rid of that "Fat Dave" image, he better start talking about something other than food and how much he misses eating...

P.S. I'm not in any way a "hater" (though I don't like Nalbandian's game one bit), nor do I want to bash Nalbandian. I just find this very, very funny.

musefanatic
10-20-2006, 12:53 AM
Bless him, he's a growing boy! oh...wait...:lol:

Pea
10-20-2006, 02:14 AM
LMAO! Someone read through details don't they.:lol:

robinhood
10-20-2006, 02:19 AM
:lol:
He's fat for a reason.

croat123
10-20-2006, 02:35 AM
he also mentions sleeping just as much :o

robinhood
10-20-2006, 03:38 AM
he also mentions sleeping just as much :o

Another reason why he can't help being fat.

idolwatcher1
10-20-2006, 04:45 AM
hmm... I don't see him getting an Editor's Choice stamp anytime soon... ;)

Hendu
10-20-2006, 04:58 AM
There is already a thread to talk about Nalbandian's blog and "love for food".

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=88300

its.like.that
10-20-2006, 05:18 AM
As a professional athlete, eating is very important, especially for a guy like him who sweats so much, and who often plays long matches.

An athlete who doesn't eat properly will compromise both their physical strength and endurance.

Think of him as a V12 motor - he needs to be refuelled more often than a 6 cylinder engine over the same distance.

Fed-Express
10-20-2006, 06:58 AM
Well, just imagine what a player he'd be if he would excercise harder, was in great shape, abandon his distracting hobbies and focus completely on tennis.

Someone with less talent would be ranked outside the top 50/100 with Nalby's lifestyle, but this guy is top 5 for almos a year now.

I think Roger and Rafa are really lucky that Nalby does not take tennis as seriously as they do, otherwise it would be "Tennis 1-2-3 punch" ;).

Sunset of Age
10-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Well, an archetypical male mammal. It eats, sleeps... and? :devil: