jan kristian silva 4 yrs, a new tennis prodigy!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

jan kristian silva 4 yrs, a new tennis prodigy!!!

FSRteam
10-19-2006, 11:43 AM
A friend of mine just showed me a video of this kid. He is only 4 :eek: but can already play tennis very well, impressive, really!!!

I tried to put the video of of theses days!

Has anyone seen or heard anything of him?

avocadoe
10-19-2006, 12:21 PM
A friend of mine just showed me a video of this kid. He is only 4 :eek: but can already play tennis very well, impressive, really!!!

I tried to put the video of of theses days!

Has anyone seen or heard anything of him?

where is the kid from? good luck to him!

oz_boz
10-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Half Finn, half American was all I could find with Google. And a pic.

A bit premature to make any kind of prediction isn't it?

FSRteam
10-19-2006, 12:25 PM
where is the kid from? good luck to him!

He's from the usa but now lives and trains at the académie mouratoglou in france. The same place where marcos bagdhatis went to!

FSRteam
10-19-2006, 12:28 PM
Half Finn, half American was all I could find with Google. And a pic.

A bit premature to make any kind of prediction isn't it?

Sure but after you'll have seen the video you'll be very impressed! Very good volley (excellent reflexes for a 4 y-old kid), very good fh and quite good bh!

The guy is smaller than his racket!!!

oz_boz
10-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Sure but after you'll have seen the video you'll be very impressed! Very good volley (excellent reflexes for a 4 y-old kid), very good fh and quite good bh!

The guy is smaller than his racket!!!

I'd love to! Can you post it?

FSRteam
10-19-2006, 12:36 PM
I'd love to! Can you post it?

My friend will try and send it to me but it was very big so... I'm not a computer ace but I'll try my best!!! :)

Fee
10-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Yes, I've heard of him. He's from my area and he's been on TV here a few times. His mother is a teaching pro and Jan has hit with members of the Sacramento Capitals and one of the guys who played the Sacramento Challenger last year (I can't remember who). There is an article about him on the Sac Capitals website somewhere (I think the URL is www.gocaps.net). They left in August when Jan was offered the spot at the academy, his mother will teach there and his father will help out with the 'marketing' or whatever. It will be interesting to see what happens to Jan, the one time I watched him hit, he had the biggest smile on his face, hope he can keep that feeling.

Deathless Mortal
10-19-2006, 02:23 PM
I would like to see that kid.

Saumon
10-19-2006, 02:31 PM
http://sport.france2.fr/stade2/?date=2006/09/24&id_article=487

;)

white&blue
10-19-2006, 02:36 PM
http://sport.france2.fr/stade2/?date=2006/09/24&id_article=487

;)

:spit: That's what I call talent!

player2k0
10-19-2006, 03:07 PM
stop torturing those kids, i hate that. i could throw up everytime i see a kid being forced to play hours of tennis a day against its will.
makes me sick.

CooCooCachoo
10-19-2006, 03:23 PM
^

Ditto.

supersexynadal
10-19-2006, 03:39 PM
My kids will woop their asses:rocker: :rocker:

Bolleteris such an idiot...I know a 12 year old from belgium (in an academy)whos ranked in the top 5 and went to the Nick bolleteri just so he can asses if hes good enough to be a pro or not. As spoiled as the kid is, his parent pay 1000$ for an hour with Nick and oh, too bad, hes not good enough:rolleyes: How would a 12 year old feel when the dont go to school to do something they really love and he plays almost 20 hours a week. FOOL!!

But who knows if that kid is forced to play tennis?? Yea, hes too young to be living in an academy (unless his parents are with him) but at this ge tennis should just be pure fun. They need to learn to love it first

FSRteam
10-20-2006, 09:03 AM
Here is a email from jan's family:

The Big Adventure

Here is an email from our favorite Sacramento Family that has just moved to Paris to take advantage of Marcos Bahgdati’s tennis academy in France for their littlest one, 4 year old Janni (pronounced Yanni) Silva, the tennis prodigy.
Mari was a tennis pro on staff at Gold River Racquet Club in Gold River, father Scott, was a social worker. avid tennis player and proud father here in Sacramento before they made the big decision to move overseas to take advantage of the fully paid tennis scholarships for their three kids; Janni(he’s 4), Kadyn (he’s 10) and Jasmin (She’s 2).
Well, it's been a little over a week and we are alive and well! Mari is teaching and so far my job has been to follow Jasmin around and keep her out of Mari's way. She has taken a bunch of falls and sustained the usual scrapes that go along with running too fast down hills or uneven surfaces, but I must admit she is the toughest of the 3 who are here with us at this time! She cries for a couple of seconds, then bounces up and is all about the rough and tumble all over again; blood and all. I remember Jan at this age getting up and needing a band-aid for just about anything. Jasmin hasn't hit that stage yet, but I'm sure she is well on her way.

The academy is all that we expected and more. Marcos is here directly from his loss at the Open to Agassi. We had lunch with him in the Restaurant and Kadyn was a little Star Struck. He commented later how weird it was to have lunch with a famous tennis player. The craziest part for me is that he knows my name...Go figure that! He is living 3 Chalets down from us and Jan runs over there to talk to him about anything and everything. He is the reason we are here, so we root for him like everyone else here and hope for his success because as Marcos goes, so goes this place.

The people here are all so wonderful. Kadyn was ready to move back to Sacramento, but then he met his Baby Sitter who is a Junior Super Model in training. He said "No, I believe we can stick around here for a little while longer"! This place is so much like California in the respect of the cultural diversity. I love it for that. We have yet to see any of the sites that this place has to offer, but I imagine we can do all that when we start to creep up on some of our vacation time.

We have stayed the first week in the Hotel Verbois; a very nice place owned by a gentleman named Alan from Ireland and his wife Sinead. The person in charge is Aric and he was kind of a grumpy person until I made him laugh a few times. Now he is really friendly too! He kisses Jasmin in the morning and shakes my hand and he is just another reason why this place is pretty cool. I miss all of you more than you know and see people here that remind me of all of you there in California.

We went to eat at the Quick burger which is the French Version of Burgerking and the people whom work there are from all over Europe...They were so captivated by Jasmin and Jan's looks that they were giving us free kids meals and talking up a storm about California and where we’re from, etc. I dont like to talk that much so after my 45 minute speech, I had to take off and go put the kids to bed.

Back to the tennis...the boy's are doing some pretty intense training with kids from all over the world. Kadyn hits mostly with the kids from the short term program, but gets in a match everyday with pretty good kids that are at his level or a bit stronger. They both have there French Federation of Tennis Licenses. You won’t believe this, but in France everyone has to be seen by a doctor and given clearance to play tennis tournaments, Apparently, some people sued the FFT due to loved ones having heart attacks and dying while playing in tournaments!

Kadyn will start playing tournaments during next week in the boys 11 and 12's. Jan will start with the Foam ball tournaments on a lower net and I must say someone is in for a world of hurt! he lives for foam tennis and I think his game may come out and NIKE may have to sign his little britches up to the HUGEST contract ever seen! (sorry daydreaming again) Back to reality...the boys are doing the work as we knew they would. Love and kisses to all of you from us!

from Scott Silva